PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying Dawn character

theoutfieldguy
01-11-2005, 04:57 PM
There were a few that could qualify,but Flyboy/Stephen takes the cake for me.That bitch couldnt get anything right and was a glorified pussy in every situation.The actor wasnt so great,'Ither

boogeyman87
01-11-2005, 05:09 PM
I voted for Andy thinking he was Steve. But yeah I thought Steve was annoying and definately not a team player.

Maxvayne
01-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Their really was none.

theoutfieldguy
01-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by boogeyman87
I voted for Andy thinking he was Steve. But yeah I thought Steve was annoying and definately not a team player.

Watch the featurette with Andy and you'll think he was too.Shit,both of those fucks deserved to get ate.:D

Chomp_on_this
01-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by theoutfieldguy
The actor wasnt so great,'Ither

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?!?

David Emgee played Flyboy on the mark. He was the essential weak link on the team. He played a man who obviously couldn't take the pressure of everything going on. Then when the gang finally fortifies the mall, he blows the plan out of the water. That role was designed for the man. He also played the most convincing zombie I had ever seen. The way the gun lingers on his finger while he stumbles around is just pure genious. The man was perfect.

Even though he was a blithering idiot in the film, he didn't annoy me. He was there for me to poke fun at...for everyone to poke fun at essentially. With all the mistakes he made it was just easy to make fun of him. The only person that annoyed me in the original was that damn nurse zombie. That bitch was everywhere in the film. Plus she was the worst zombie in the whole movie. Flairing her arms around and walking like she had a 2 by 4 stuck up her ass.

As for the remake, there was a whole shitload of annoying characters. That blonde bitch that was only there to serve the purpose of a cheap fuck. Seriously, what did she do in the movie other than take it doggystyle and give that old lady her cigarette? Michael pissed me off cause he was just some dopey kid, who couldnt shoot his way out of a cardboard box. That whole thing he had with the redhead made me want to vomit. Speaking of the redhead, there's another annoying character. She jepordizes her life to save a dog....a dog who she met about a day ago. Well there we have another annoying character...the stupid dog. What the hell is with zombies not eating animals? Zombies eat bugs in NOTLD, but they don't eat dogs? Are they on a special human and bug diet? WTF?

That guy who was banging the blonde was annoying also. He reminded me of a gay Bruce Campbell. Not that there is anthing wrong with being gay, its just his one liners were about as stale as a 4 year old bag of chips.

Goddamn...that whole movie was just annoying.

Hallowicked
01-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Flyboy has always gotten under my skin!

T1000416
01-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Flyboy was the annoying one. But it never got to the point where I didn't feel bad that he became a Zombie.

Donnie Darko
01-11-2005, 10:18 PM
i think the guys name was Terry from the 2004 version, he was quite annoying.
also the guy who owned the boat, he was horrible.

edit: flyboys character wasnt supposed to be cool, thats why he never gets on my nerves. and i think hes one of the better people of the series overall.

Silverpsycho
01-12-2005, 01:02 AM
OMG are you serious??? Everyone who acted in the 2004 version should be condemned compared to the 1978 actors! Both the heros (if you can call them that) and the zombies! Now if we had a poll for each as a separate...it would be different. Seriously people...If you said Flyboy...you need to REALLY explain yourselves because his acting was top notch...especially when he converted into one of the living dead. He was the man of many flaws and probably the character we connected the most with out of anyone. He played the part magnificently and made the film so much more entertaining. Without David Emge, I seriously don't know if it would have been as enjoyable or effective. Flyboy isn't even my favorite character, but he is essential. If I need to defend Roger (Scott Reiniger) on here...then heads will roll! :D

Mr. Bruce
01-13-2005, 07:22 AM
Leader of the chain gang

zombie commando
01-13-2005, 10:15 AM
Nobody in the 78 version was annoying. Period. Anyone that says otherwise deserves chemical castration.

Michaeleon
01-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this

As for the remake, there was a whole shitload of annoying characters. That blonde bitch that was only there to serve the purpose of a cheap fuck. Seriously, what did she do in the movie other than take it doggystyle and give that old lady her cigarette? Michael pissed me off cause he was just some dopey kid, who couldnt shoot his way out of a cardboard box. That whole thing he had with the redhead made me want to vomit. Speaking of the redhead, there's another annoying character. She jepordizes her life to save a dog....a dog who she met about a day ago.
Monica had the eye candy to offer, but her character was pretty worthless. She said about three different lines I think, that's it. Pull-string dolls have more lines than that. I noticed how she didn't help anyone with the work on the transport buses either; she pretty much just sat in the background the whole film. Poor thing probably didn't want to break a nail. Although I gotta say, seeing her meet a grisly fate with the chainsaw was glorious- especially considering it was at the helm of Glen.
She had a few more lines on the deleted scenes. One where she made fun of Nicole, which I thought was acted quite poorly to be honest. Nicole could have probably beaten her ass if she wanted. Perhaps strangle her to death with the dog leash. Hey, that would have made an interesting scene!

I liked the Nicole character up until that dog scene; it took the cake as the most idiotic thing in the film. She met the dog a DAY AGO, like you said. Is she that craved for love and attention that she latches onto anyone/anything near her immediately? I mean I can see if maybe that was the family dog. Now don't get me wrong that still would not qualify as a valid reason to risk your life and the lives of the others, but it would have brought an ounce of reasoning behind her action.
Well, at least we know Terry shouldn't have any trouble landing the deal. :p

My vote ultimately would have to go to Steve though. Bullet should have been put in the head much earlier. But regardless of it happening earlier or later, It was nice to see Ana live up to her promise!

theoutfieldguy
01-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Michaeleon
My vote ultimately would have to go to Steve though. Bullet should have been put in the head much earlier.

Hell yeah to that.

NeewollaH
01-14-2005, 04:47 AM
Steve annoyed me much when I first saw the original. It doesn't bother me know.

As for '04, CJ reminded me of an asshole-version of all the characters of "Shaun". He was still in his little la-la world even though their society had fallen apart. Unlike "Shaun" characters, he was pretty bitchy about it.

theoutfieldguy
01-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by NeewollaH
As for '04, CJ reminded me of an asshole-version of all the characters of "Shaun". He was still in his little la-la world even though their society had fallen apart. Unlike "Shaun" characters, he was pretty bitchy about it.

He cracked me up with his "fuckin nursery school" lines.
He was the likeable asshole.

Hall9ween
01-16-2005, 11:10 AM
People praise the '78 version far too much. It was OK. The best part was when the G-Unit woman thought her zombie husband was OK, went over to hug him, then he bit a chunk out of her rubber neck.

The '04 version was OK as well, but I consider it not very good for rewatching loads. I don't know why, I just feel like that. I start to rewatch it, then turn it off.

The most annoying character? The blonde from the '04 version. Like people have said, all she was good for was getting it doggy then being halved with a chainsaw. She seemed like a big-headed and cocky character as well.

P.S. I would appreciate not having a long-winded reply, saying how much a certain individual loves Dawn '78. Thank you.

theoutfieldguy
01-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Hall9ween

The most annoying character? The blonde from the '04 version. Like people have said, all she was good for was getting it doggy then being halved with a chainsaw. She seemed like a big-headed and cocky character as well.

Nah,the fool that she was fucking was far worse.He was the asshole if there ever was one.Takes asshole #2,right after Flyboy from 78.One of em was a dick and one of em was a pussy.:p

boogeyman87
01-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Nah,the fool that she was fucking was far worse.He was the asshole if there ever was one.Takes asshole #2,right after Flyboy from 78.One of em was a dick and one of em was a pussy.:p

Since when does being a pussy make you an asshole??Two different holes all together. Seriously though, I dont think Flyboy was annoying, I mean he was scared. We all cant be brave when zombies are around....but I can. Just wanted to make that clear. :D

Hall9ween
01-18-2005, 02:28 AM
Good job none of them were assholes, otherwise they would want to shit all over everyone. ;)

theoutfieldguy
01-18-2005, 11:08 PM
Seriously though, I dont think Flyboy was annoying, I
mean he was scared.

Well,he shore is winning the poll,so some others besides me obviously think he's a fool and a half.

boogeyman87
01-18-2005, 11:12 PM
Well,he shore is winning the poll,so some others besides me obviously think he's a fool and a half.

Well maybe your right. I've only seen Dawn once.

theoutfieldguy
01-18-2005, 11:45 PM
Well maybe your right. I've only seen Dawn once.

Damn.I'd never seen it until last year and have since probably 6 or more times.:cool: