PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil

MichaelMyers
09-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Did anyone see RE2? I saw it and it rules. I never saw the first but I still liked it. I heard the first one sucks.

Maxvayne
09-21-2004, 02:44 PM
I saw the last 15 mins with a friend. And man it was horrid.

There was way too much fast cutting and action going on that I didn't even know what was really going on. The editor should be shot.

The ending sucked and from what i've seen it isn't better then the first.

zombie commando
09-21-2004, 03:09 PM
I hated the first one......so shitty on many levels......so I am not exactly foaming at the mouth to go see the next one.

Blackesteyes
09-21-2004, 03:46 PM
I loved the first movie, and im pretty excited about the sequel, im kinda putting off reading too much about it until i see it so i dont start thinking "man this is gonna suck" or something. I'malready put off AvP after reading reviews (no it still aint out in the UK, wtf).

Soulless
09-22-2004, 08:50 AM
RE2 was great, I thought. I saw it three times within the first week of release. The first one was good too, but RE2 is better.

Hall9ween
09-22-2004, 10:18 AM
I want to see RE2 when it is released. I'm not holding any high hopes or anything, but I would still like to see it.

The first RE was OK, but nothing special.

MichaelMyers
09-22-2004, 11:57 AM
Anyone who hasn't seen it, should go see it.

zombie commando
09-22-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by MichaelMyers
Anyone who hasn't seen it, should go see it.

Don't think so.....I've heard nothing but bad things.

Soulless
09-22-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando
Don't think so.....I've heard nothing but bad things. I've heard bad things about a lot of things that I ended up enjoying. You should find out for yourself.

Hall9ween
09-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Soulless
You should find out for yourself.

That's what I try to tell my mate who always bad mouths stuff he hasn't witnessed himself, but has heard "bad things from other people" (not always movies).

I believe in trying things out for yourself, you may like it you may not. What's life if you don't take chances?

Donnie Darko
09-24-2004, 03:46 AM
i like the original movie quite a bit, ive almost bought the SE dvd but i dont know if i wanna go there yet, i dont know if id get THAT much more watch out of it knowing its extras mostly.

im looking forward to the sequel though, i have been since i saw the first movie, its been a long time in the making.

zombie commando
09-24-2004, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Hall9ween
That's what I try to tell my mate who always bad mouths stuff he hasn't witnessed himself, but has heard "bad things from other people" (not always movies).

I believe in trying things out for yourself, you may like it you may not. What's life if you don't take chances?

When the first one blows massive monkey chunks, and people walk out of the the theater telling you that the second one sucked worse, it's time to wait untill the heap comes to video before watching it.

I'm a firm believer in an open mind, but come the fuck on. Do you think Alone in the Dark will be good based on the trailer and the people involved? I would hope the answer is no. Same way with this flick. The trailer looked dumb, the reviews all say it's dumb.........I think it's pretty safe to say that the thing will probably be dumb.

Creepingmouth
09-24-2004, 05:34 AM
Well,If the 99% of people says it sucks maybe there's a reason.
It is meant to be a horrid action movie with some zombie and not a real zombie flick.It is sad how they didn't pay attention to viodegames storylines and dark atmospheres which made Capcom still more rich

Hall9ween
09-24-2004, 06:49 AM
I didn't mean for my post about being open minded to be aimed at anyone on this board. It's easier to judge what a sequel will be like by judging it on the movie before, and if you didn't like the previous movie, chances are of you seeing the sequel are very small.

However, saying that 99% of the people say that this movie is crap is just a little bit of a exaggeration, don't you think? I doubt there will ever be a movie with 99% of the cinema-going public hating it. That is a very high percentage.

I suppose I just hate it when people have stubborn opinions about a movie before they see it, and even if after they have seen the movie it is better than what they thought it would be - they still don't change their opinions. That's what gets me. And, I also dislike when people think "sequels=shit", but that's a whole other story of me getting things off my chest.

zombie commando
09-24-2004, 07:00 AM
People at BD, Diabolic Dominion, Creature Corner, Arrow in the Head, and various other sites have dumped on RE:A to no end. Yeah I would say that most of the critics hate it.

Hall9ween
09-24-2004, 07:05 AM
Must admit that I don't pay much attention to critics really. Yea, I read reviews of films, but most of the time I forget their personal opinion within two minutes. I just enjoy reading about the film - good or bad.

Blackesteyes
09-24-2004, 07:08 AM
I'll wait and find out for myself, if it blows then at least i can bitch about it and have the right to do so.

Snoody
09-25-2004, 12:10 PM
I really liked the game. I saw the first movie, it was alright. It didn't really follow the game too well. I haven't seen the second one yet, but I have heard a lot of people that didn't like the first one liked it. So I will have to eventually see the second.

HalloweenFan#1
09-26-2004, 07:11 AM
Im going to find out myself and see this movie, I saw part 1. But I havent seen this one, I've heard many people saying it sucked though.

Beau
09-26-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by MichaelMyers
Did anyone see RE2? I saw it and it rules. I never saw the first but I still liked it. I heard the first one sucks.

Yeah....the first one does suck ;)

Beau Carter:cool:

Chomp_on_this
09-30-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Beau
Yeah....the first one does suck ;)

Beau Carter:cool:

They both suck.

Maxvayne
09-30-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
They both suck.

FUCKIN' A!!!!!

horrorqueen7
09-30-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando
I hated the first one......so shitty on many levels......so I am not exactly foaming at the mouth to go see the next one.

LMAO!!!!
The first one was alright - I have not seen the second one yet - im not really looking forward to it either :D Im just going cause Hubby wants to see it

Beau
10-07-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
They both suck.

Oh, well i have not seen the second yet but im shure it sucked.

Kara Strode
10-07-2004, 10:50 AM
I liked the first one quite a bit. As far as the second goes...I"m a renter, not a movie theater goer, so I'll rent it when it comes out

Mr.Garrett81
10-09-2004, 01:57 PM
I saw RE1 and it was alright. I went to the midnight screening of RE2 and it was okay, but comon guys lets be serious can you name any movie based on a video game that was just amazing. I mean think about it Mario Bros, DD, Street Fighter and Mortal Combat 1 & 2??? All crap.

It's Neal
10-09-2004, 02:14 PM
Havent seen the sequel but I have seen the first. I didnt think it was too bad. Zombie movies arent great movies IMO either way. They are either entertaining or a waist of time. I thought it was entertaining

Five by Five
10-09-2004, 09:49 PM
First, i saw the trailer, pretty snazzy i might ad, and i loved it! I go to see the movie. I am dissapointed from the first scene! the cameras were set up badly! Then so on. fight scenes where way TOO fast, Nemesis looked like rubber (didnt carry original gun either!) when alice broke her finger, so RUBBER!!!! ahhhhhh The super powers thing was okay, kinda dumb. How did jill valentine know how to shoot the zombies in the head?!?!?!?! Why did she get fired? The ENDING WAS SO TERRIBLE!!!!!!! SHE CAN KILL PEOLE WITH HER MIND? WHAT!!!! They swore way too much in the movie. Last movie was way less (great film I might add) and they had like forty scenes of BooBs!!(not that i am complaining) And Nemesis turns good!?!?! the lickers looked so animated and so terrible. Whay was it in the trailer the licker was gray and way too bulky. They couldnt decide which version looked more sucky thats why. Eventually after leaving the theater, several days, it started to grow on me and i like it but they need to fix all the stuff above!! What do you guys think?

MichaelMyers
12-13-2004, 08:51 PM
Is anyone going to get Apocalypse on DVD on the 28th. I know I am thinking about it. It was a better than average movie IMO, but I still liked it.

Blackesteyes
12-14-2004, 01:49 AM
I thought RE2 was pretty good, i loved the bit at the start with the zombies chasing the doomed girl up the stairs onto the roof, and the way they kept alot of stuff from the games in it. Like Nemesis growling "sttaaaaarrrrrrrrrssss" after rattling through all the S.T.A.R.S members with a chain gun. michaelisalive, Jill knew to shoot them in the head because its set in the time frame of the second and thrid games, after she was involved in the mansion incident.

Robert Beaudoin
12-21-2004, 02:20 AM
I saw RE2. It was good. Not the best zombie fim and not the worst either. I'd say it's just as good as the original RE.

MeteorMayhem
12-22-2004, 07:31 PM
Both of these movies were great, The girl was pretty hott too.

MichaelMyers
12-29-2004, 06:40 PM
I just bought RE:A on dvd today. Its a good movie with a lot of extras.

Franchise
12-29-2004, 07:01 PM
Apocalypse was horrible. I liked the first one and this was just sheer action and mayhem for no apparent reason. Yes, I followed it just fine. I just don't like the story. It was very much of the same caliber as another movie that said hey lets just throw in a ton of action and forget everything else!

MichaelMyers
12-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Franchise
Apocalypse was horrible. I liked the first one and this was just sheer action and mayhem for no apparent reason. Yes, I followed it just fine. I just don't like the story. It was very much of the same caliber as another movie that said hey lets just throw in a ton of action and forget everything else!
Apocalypse focuses more on the games than the first one did.

Ana-Matronic
02-15-2005, 06:39 AM
Quick question, does anyone know what the thing she pulled off those guys and used to beat them with....it is like a batton but it is small and it extends out. I was just wondering if those things had a name.

MichaelMyers
06-12-2005, 12:07 PM
I found this and it looks like their will be a total of 4 Resident Evil movies.

Huge 'Resident Evil' Sequel News Times Two!!
Get more on Resident Evil | Posted 06.12.05 @ 12:33 pm ]

How the hell every single website (including us) missed this is beyond me, but reported a month ago by the Hollywood Reporter is that Paul W.S. Anderson is not only prepping Resident Evil: Afterlife- but he's already begun work on the fourth flick! Principle photography for the third flick is planned for November or December. Thanks to Albert W. for sending in the link, read on for the news from back in May...

According to the Hollywood Reporter:

"Germany's Constantin Film and its genre production shingle, Paul W.S. Anderson and Jeremy Bolt's Impact Pictures, are ramping up preparations for a fourth edition of their successful zombie franchise "Resident Evil" before the third film in the series has even begun shooting.

Constantin head of production Martin Moskowicz said in Cannes that the third film, "Resident Evil: Afterlife," will shift locations to shoot in Australia, with principle photography planned for November or December.

"Resident Evil 4" will be set in Tokyo, and Impact/Constantin is looking to shoot the film in Japan. "Afterlife" will be set in a post-apocalyptic world overrun with mutant zombies. "Afterlife" will play in the Nevada desert with the Aussie outback standing in for the American wasteland. In the final reel, the action will shift to Japan, setting up the fourth edition.

Milla Jovovich is set to reprise her signature role as zombie slayer extraordinaire Alice though no formal deal has been signed yet. Paul W.S. Anderson, who together with partner Bolt will produce "Afterlife" through their Constantin-controlled shingle Impact Pictures, is finishing the script for the third edition. Anderson directed the first "Resident Evil" and penned the sequel "Resident Evil: Apocalypse."

BONES
10-31-2005, 10:39 PM
I liked them both but the story needs work but they are based on the games so that is where the story comes from the game fans I hear like it sooo!!!

Hall9ween
11-01-2005, 03:38 AM
Please, please, please try typing proper sentences using punctuation, so your posts will make sense.

gronc
11-01-2005, 03:01 PM
Love Milla Jovovich. The first was pretty good, the second was fun, but not great.

discvader
01-16-2006, 10:52 AM
I liked these movies for what they are. The first had more horror in it and the second was mostly action, but I think they're the best video game movies. I guess that's not saying much, but you got zombies and action. Romero movies they are not, but then again everything is 2nd class compared to those, or 3rd or 4th.

Iammrtwisted
01-16-2006, 11:13 AM
I liked them for what they were. A spin on one of my favorite video games and 90 minutes or so away from reality.

Audrey Myers
02-17-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Franchise
Ditto, the first movie did have a lot of action and excitement in it. There wasn't more zombies but there were more eviler zombies. I can't make up my mind if Alice was good or bad.. That has me all confused.

And the Mike Epps appearence in Apocolypse killed it. The demon killing ONLY the S.W.A.T team. Hmph.

Beamo
02-19-2006, 09:05 PM
I loved the first one, but I haven't seen the second. If you ask me you just can't go wrong with Mila kicking the shite out of zombies.

Audrey Myers
02-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Beamo
I loved the first one, but I haven't seen the second. If you ask me you just can't go wrong with Mila kicking the shite out of zombies.
There almost the same but one's in a city and the other is in The Hive. They're both good movies. Just another to add to your collection. :p

3pidemiC
02-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Correction. They are both terrible movies. The 2nd one is notably worse. It's like a B-Movie...with a big budget!

Audrey Myers
02-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by 3pidemiC
Correction. They are both terrible movies. The 2nd one is notably worse. It's like a B-Movie...with a big budget!
Going from a game to a movie, it's a good movie. Atleast it's doing better than House of the Dead.

3pidemiC
02-20-2006, 06:01 AM
A karate-chopping Nemesis!? HA!

Audrey Myers
02-20-2006, 08:39 AM
A karate-chopping Nemesis!? HA!
:confused: What are you talking about?!

3pidemiC
02-20-2006, 08:59 AM
I don't know if you saw Resident Evil: Apocalshit. But Nemesis, who was a badass in the games, turns into a kung-fu moster of doom!

Audrey Myers
02-20-2006, 09:03 AM
I don't know if you saw Resident Evil: Apocalshit. But Nemesis, who was a badass in the games, turns into a kung-fu moster of doom!
Yeah I saw Resident Evil: APOCOLYPSE and the action to the mvie as you call it "kung-fu" is what makes the movie a better movie.

Digo
03-08-2006, 05:52 AM
Not too fond of resident evil, george owns them, take georges series, they are acted out in ways that would seem realistic if a zombie breakout happened, resident evil was too much teenage action and "Im the lead role so i can be hit" even in the george movies, the lead roles got a bite :D

Nightmareman88
04-10-2006, 05:43 AM
The first was just entertaining trash, Apocalypse isn't neither much to speak of, a popcorn flick nothing else.

But the biggest reason I throw these in the low corner, is simply that they couldn't stick to the plot of the game.

3pidemiC
04-10-2006, 08:54 AM
Honestly, RE:A seemed like a big-budget B-movie....Just acting was crap, the action was crap, the plot and everything else are just junk. There are things in it that just make you go...."WHAT!?".

Like when...the main character girl drivers her motorcycle through the window of the church. How did she know they were in the church!? Was there a ramp just convienently places that allowed her to actually perform that stunt. And the whole Mike Epps thing was just pitiful.

Stage 3
04-10-2006, 09:21 AM
3pidemic, the movie was based on magic. :p
I really like the movie, I'm a big fan of the games. Right, the first one sucked but it basically tells a story. I thought they did a really good job on their picks of characters.

Creepingmouth
04-10-2006, 10:41 AM
actually the characters are one of the weakest part of the movie.
With so many important characters in RE games they decided with no good reason to ignore them (where's Chris Redfield?and Claire Redfield?What about Leon S. Kennedy?)
Jill Valentine was the only reason I liked Apocalypse more than Resident Evil which I think is a pretty mediocre movie.
Milla's not that bad and isn't her fault if her character is so damn annoying.I also think the kung-fu fight between Alice and Nemesis was simply pathetic.
I don't know how is possible they menaged to make two movies with absolutely no consideration of the videogames.

Stage 3
04-10-2006, 10:51 AM
ok, i'll admit, the only character they did a good job was jill valentine.

Iammrtwisted
04-10-2006, 01:35 PM
They followed the basic storyline of the games. RE is one of those games you could never do a movie exactly as the game because the game evolves and can be totally different each time you play or each time anyone plays. All you have for sure is the basic theme, which I think they did a good job of staying with. I love the games. Movies were ok, but not all that bad.

Creepingmouth
04-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by thetwistedsoul
They followed the basic storyline of the games. RE is one of those games you could never do a movie exactly as the game because the game evolves and can be totally different each time you play or each time anyone plays. All you have for sure is the basic theme, which I think they did a good job of staying with. I love the games. Movies were ok, but not all that bad.

absolutely wrong:the games have really solid guidelines which they simply ignored.
Who's Alice in the games?Why with all the cool characters in the games they felt the need to invent a brand new bidimensional character who has lines that seem taken directly from some Schwarzenegger's action movie.
Try to take a look at Silent Hill:soon is gonna come out a movie adaptation of that beautiful survival horror games series.If you ever played a Silent Hill game try to take a look at the trailer and the pictures of the movie.That's a valid example of how a movie can be faithful even to a video games series.The movie might turn out to be not a masterpiece but at least didn't ignore the videogames.

Iammrtwisted
04-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Creepingmouth
absolutely wrong:the games have really solid guidelines which they simply ignored.
Who's Alice in the games?Why with all the cool characters in the games they felt the need to invent a brand new bidimensional character who has lines that seems taken directly from some Schwarzenegger's action movie.
Try to take a look at Silent Hill:soon is gonna come out a movie adaptation of that beautiful survival horror games series.If you ever played a Silent Hill game try to take a look at the trailer and the pictures of the movie.That's a valid example of how a movie can be faithful even to a video games series.The movie might turn out to be not a masterpiece but at least didn't ignore the videogames.

I have played Silent Hill too, So we shall see. The trailers for RE looked like they were taken from the game too.

Nightmareman88
04-12-2006, 07:32 AM
The only character I "cared" for was Colin Salmon's. He was still an fool to even star in such crap, all he needed to do was to take one step back...

:D

NBKilla
07-09-2006, 10:59 AM
actually the characters are one of the weakest part of the movie.

I agree. Apocalypse just ruined what could've been a great RE3 adaptation. Nemesis was a constant threat of doom in the game but didn't feel like it in the movie. And the 3 mercenaries were a joke...they were nothing like the kick-ass badasses they were. lol. They didn't even die the way they did in the game. And Fred Ward's son as Nicholai?! :argh:

HiddenDragon
07-09-2006, 11:04 AM
I agree. Apocalypse just ruined what could've been a great RE3 adaptation. Nemesis was a constant threat of doom in the game but didn't feel like it in the movie. And the 3 mercenaries were a joke...they were nothing like the kick-ass badasses they were. lol. They didn't even die the way they did in the game. And Fred Ward's son as Nicholai?! :argh:

I've been hearing about the plot for RE3 and it sounds so lame!

NBKilla
07-09-2006, 11:12 AM
I liked it.

Hallow's Eve
07-31-2006, 05:00 AM
I actually really enjoyed the original, it had some scary moments, it's like a cool action horror mix and Milla is sexy as hell. Love it when she karate kicks the zombie dog right in the face! Apocolypse was fun too, not scary at all though, but it had some good action like when Milla fights Nemesis. That thing was relentless! Also when she runs down the side of the building, impossible but cool!

pacotaco83
08-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Me and my family borrowed the 1st and 2nd one from a friend. I saw the first one and thought it really sucked. So I didn't watch the 2nd one because I didn't have very high expectations.

mr32
12-17-2006, 02:18 PM
I love both of them, and waiting on the 3rd installment.

Kubrickbuff
12-18-2006, 02:22 PM
I actually think that the 2 Resident Evil movies are the best horror movies I have seen in the past 10 years. I think that thay are really atmosperic.

boogeyman87
12-18-2006, 11:35 PM
Resident Evil: Extinction news

The plot synopsis-

The third and final installment of the $100 million "Resident Evil" hits, "Resident Evil: Extinction" is again based on the wildly popular video game series and picks up where the last film left off. Alice (Milla Jovovich), now in hiding in the Nevada desert, once again joins forces with Carlos Olivera (Oded Fehr) and L.J. (Mike Epps), along with new survivors Claire (Ali Larter), K-Mart (Spencer Locke) and Nurse Betty (Ashanti) to try to eliminate the deadly virus that threatens to make every human being undead... and to seek justice. Since being captured by the Umbrella Corporation, Alice has been subjected to biogenic experimentation and becomes genetically altered, with super-human strengths, senses and dexterity. These skills, and more, will be needed if anyone is to remain alive.

And some pics (pretty cool ones I might add)

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/9404/1mb8.th.jpg (http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1mb8.jpg)

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9108/3jd7.th.jpg (http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3jd7.jpg)

The release date is currently September 21, 2007.

King-Havers
01-04-2007, 03:34 PM
how gay 3rd one is ognan suck

Ana-Matronic
01-04-2007, 03:48 PM
^Judging a movie before release is so tacky.

2 was just fun, I liked it but missed hottie Eric Mabius! Anyways the 3rd one's synopsis doesn't really connect with what I thought went on with the end of 2 I thought she turned evil and was going to rampage everyone. But I guess not

I will see it no less!

shoe1985
01-04-2007, 04:49 PM
I loved the first one. The second one was blah. I thought it was more action, and little substance.

Inhumane
01-29-2007, 06:09 PM
The "Resident Evil" movies were a missed opportunity. The filmmaking of both films were truly lackluster and the scripts were equally as lame. Instead of providing truly horrific zombie films, they became films that look more like music videos.

BoogeyMan88
02-12-2007, 05:39 PM
The only character I "cared" for was Colin Salmon's. He was still an fool to even star in such crap, all he needed to do was to take one step back...

:D

I agree completely. Through this whole movie, all I wanted was for him to live and no he dies in a dumb ass way. I thought his character was truly wasted as he was my favorite actor in that movie and they kill like 3 of the soldiers in one scene. He shouldn't have died so early or at all. He did show the laser who was boss 2/3 times though lol.

Dead Reckoning
02-12-2007, 10:28 PM
I, personally, thought the RE movies were terrible. You have a perfect scenario in the games (tight, atmospheric, claustrophobic, crazy scares, gore aplenty) and you turn it into some lousy 'thing' that isn't at all like the games. When the video game is infinitely scarier than the movie, you have done something very wrong (just ask anyone that had to sit through a Uwe Boll film).

However, the addition of Ali Larter as Claire Redfield is a step in the right direction (I know it doesn't say her last name, but if they include a character named 'Claire' and it ISN'T Claire Redfield from the games, then someone has their head so far up their ass that they can re-eat their dinner from last night).

boogeyman87
02-22-2007, 07:06 PM
The trailer (http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/residentevilextinction.html) is now up along with some new production pictures as well a few caps from the trailer which can be found here (http://joblo.com/reextinction-trailer).

Milla kicks ass. :yeah:

Halloween444
02-27-2007, 01:21 PM
The trailer (http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/residentevilextinction.html) is now up along with some new production pictures as well a few caps from the trailer which can be found here (http://joblo.com/reextinction-trailer).

Milla kicks ass. :yeah:

Look pretty good to me...

mr32
05-09-2007, 08:31 AM
I cant wait to see this film.

zombie commando
06-08-2007, 06:55 AM
Looks like a brainless zombie romp. I'm in!

Khan
06-08-2007, 08:38 AM
I'm in too!

mr32
06-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Spec it might be a 4th.

Shamrock-Robot
07-23-2007, 03:25 AM
I hated the first RE, So I never bothered checking out the sequel.

Khan
07-23-2007, 04:28 AM
Resident Evil: Apocalypse wasn't as good as the first one, but I still enjoyed it.

brain eater
07-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Resident Evil: Apocalypse wasn't as good as the first one, but I still enjoyed it.

So did I, and I wanna see the new one.

Khan
07-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Me too!

Milla + zombies = good.

wyatt s
07-23-2007, 07:03 PM
I was cool with the first movie, up to a point. And the point I didn't like was the last 20 minutes or so. The second I thought was abslute rubbish however and if it wasn't for the fact that the director of the third film is the same guy who gave us highlander oh so long ago, I wouldn't care one ioda about it.

Shamrock-Robot
07-24-2007, 02:45 AM
I was cool with the first movie, up to a point. And the point I didn't like was the last 20 minutes or so. The second I thought was abslute rubbish however and if it wasn't for the fact that the director of the third film is the same guy who gave us highlander oh so long ago, I wouldn't care one ioda about it.

Yeah Im pretty excited to see another film from the Director of Highlander, Even though I didnt like the first RE I may check this one out.

Khan
07-24-2007, 03:51 AM
I remember seeing the first movie in theaters.

It actually made me jump.

Shamrock-Robot
07-24-2007, 07:54 PM
Its been a while since I seen the first RE.

Khan
07-25-2007, 05:09 AM
I love the music for the film.

Marilyn Manson did a good job.

Shamrock-Robot
07-28-2007, 08:55 AM
I remember the movie having some good music.

WhiteZombie
07-28-2007, 09:14 AM
I never got terribly into this series, Although I saw one trailer for the new one, and it looked pretty sick.

HiddenDragon
07-28-2007, 10:03 AM
^Judging a movie before release is so tacky.

2 was just fun, I liked it but missed hottie Eric Mabius! Anyways the 3rd one's synopsis doesn't really connect with what I thought went on with the end of 2 I thought she turned evil and was going to rampage everyone. But I guess not

I will see it no less!

I was hoping for that as well but I guess it's not happening.

cinezombi
07-28-2007, 02:21 PM
I would have liked to see GAR's version of the resident evil script.

Khan
07-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Me too.

His take on the T-virus would have been interesting.

boogeyman87
07-28-2007, 09:44 PM
New full-length trailer is up and available in HD.

link (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809697875/video/3488428/standardformat/)

wyatt s
07-28-2007, 10:21 PM
I would have liked to see GAR's version of the resident evil script.

I didn't think it was that great when I read it.

FooFighters
07-28-2007, 11:50 PM
I don't know if this thread applies to the other Resident Evil's, but does anyone think that the new Resident Evil: Extinction looks any good?

boogeyman87
07-28-2007, 11:53 PM
I don't know if this thread applies to the other Resident Evil's, but does anyone think that the new Resident Evil: Extinction looks any good?

Lets put it this way...it looks better than Apocalypse. Way better.

TheShape'78
07-28-2007, 11:58 PM
yeah, it looks up to par. i loved the first and second films, so i have pretty high hopes for this one.

-mitch-

Shamrock-Robot
07-29-2007, 02:42 AM
I only have high hopes for the 3rd one because the Director of Highlander is at the helm.

Hellonearth
08-28-2007, 06:43 PM
More movies than Video games.....

FooFighters
09-07-2007, 11:56 AM
I love these movies! The video games are sweet too.

Khan
09-07-2007, 12:21 PM
I bought the RE 1/2 set.

FooFighters
09-07-2007, 12:21 PM
1/2 set?

Khan
09-07-2007, 12:24 PM
It is a double feature.

I don't have RE 2, so I figured I would get it.

FooFighters
09-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Oh I see, the new one looks alright.

Khan
09-07-2007, 08:26 PM
If it has zombies and isn't directed by Uwe Boll, I am there.

wyatt s
09-08-2007, 05:38 AM
If it has zombies and isn't directed by Uwe Boll, I am there.

you really don't like House of the Dead do you

Khan
09-09-2007, 04:50 PM
I love zombies, so I don't like when they are turned into a joke.

Pug-a-Licious
09-09-2007, 07:41 PM

So you don't like Shaun of the Dead then?

mr32
09-09-2007, 08:13 PM
This moive is going to be off the fucking chain.

wyatt s
09-09-2007, 08:23 PM

I tend to agree.

The funny thing about Shaun is that it's not really the zombies that are funny. The characters are complete baffoons and they are utterly laughable at times. But the zombies, for the most part, are taken rather seriously.

Pug-a-Licious
09-09-2007, 08:26 PM
I tend to agree.

The funny thing about Shaun is that it's not really the zombies that are funny. The characters are complete baffoons and they are utterly laughable at times. But the zombies, for the most part, are taken rather seriously.

As the zombies were in House of the Dead. Just because SOME saw them as making fun of other zombies, others took them seriously. There are quite a few people that actually really enjoy that movie.

Btw. I do agree with what you said about Shaun of the Dead...I love that fricken movie :)

Khan
09-10-2007, 03:11 AM

I love Shaun Of The Dead!

Uwe Boll just made a mockery of zombies.

Pug-a-Licious
09-10-2007, 04:15 AM
I love Shaun Of The Dead!

Uwe Boll just made a mockery of zombies.

Shaun of the Dead is indeed awesome!

I'm not a huge fan of House of the Dead myself, but like I said, to some it's a legit zombie movie.

Khan
09-10-2007, 07:55 AM
It is definately legit, but very poorly made.

Pug-a-Licious
09-10-2007, 08:53 AM
It is definately legit, but very poorly made.

ROTFL True, but there are ALOT of those ;)

FooFighters
09-10-2007, 12:53 PM
I truly hate Shaun of the Dead, it will make me laugh occasinoally but I just didn't like it.

Khan
09-10-2007, 01:10 PM
ROTFL True, but there are ALOT of those ;)

Indeed there are.

Pug-a-Licious
09-10-2007, 01:49 PM
I truly hate Shaun of the Dead, it will make me laugh occasinoally but I just didn't like it.

Really? Wow, you're one of the few that didn't like it! I absolutely love it! Then again..I love alot of movies people dislike and like alot of movies people DO like! :D

Khan
09-10-2007, 02:14 PM
It just needs a better DVD release.

Pug-a-Licious
09-10-2007, 02:16 PM
It just needs a better DVD release.

Maybe so... but still *strokes her Shaun of the Dead dvd* I don't care, I still love it ;)

Khan
09-10-2007, 02:17 PM
I wish you didn't have to watch 10 minutes of unskippable previews before getting to the menu.

If Hot Fuzz can get a three disc release, SOTD can get two discs.

Pug-a-Licious
09-10-2007, 02:19 PM
I can go with that...BUT... I usually just go do things I need to do anyways after I pop it in... you know...popcorn, drink...smoke...all that fun stuff I enjoy doing before sitting down to watch a film :D

Khan
09-10-2007, 02:21 PM
That will work...less the smoke ;)

flamingrose96
09-12-2007, 12:03 PM
I am IN LOVE with Resident Evil. The games, the movies, and especially Milla Jovovich!! They just released a dvd that has both Resident Evil & apocalypse on it. I just glanced at it, walking by it in WalMart, so i'm not sure if its 2 discs or double sided. I'll have to check it out again. I already own both movies, and 2 dvds for the 1st one. One of them came out later and had better extras on it, so I had to get it! But at least Apocalypse got 2 discs! I just can't wait for a box set to come out after Extinction finally comes out! I'm really excited. What are your opinions?:jump:

flamingrose96
09-21-2007, 04:03 PM
AAHHHH!!! Resident Evil: Exctinction came out today!! Sooo...excited. Anyone else going to see it??

Khan
09-21-2007, 04:36 PM
I am seeing it tomorrow afternoon and I have the movie bucks I got with the DVD.

Halloween444
09-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Just came back from the theater to see this baby it is worth the watch folks it is worth the watch.

WhiteZombie
09-21-2007, 07:01 PM
I'll problably be checking this one out soon. Within the next week or so. I've never been a rabid Resident Evil fan, but I do like it.

Franchise
09-21-2007, 07:11 PM
It was just decent. I won't give it a great grade, but it's better than Apocalypse.

Frazetta
09-21-2007, 07:33 PM
I'll hopefully be putting this off until it hits dvd. Unless my Girl decides she wants to go see it.......God I hope not.

flamingrose96
09-21-2007, 09:10 PM
Ok, I just got home from the theatres...and I loved it. I loved that they added Claire Redfield, I loved that they added the crows, and I LOVE that they added "Tyrant"! Those parts were amazing. As far as most of the rest, it was ok. The action scenes were superb as always, and Milla Jovovich (with whom I am obessed:bow: ) kicked major ass *as always*, and she looked good doin' it. (although not as good as she did in the other movies)...plus they caked the makeup on that girls face, wow! Anywho, i'm rambling now....but I would give it an 8!! My bf decided he'd (maybe) give it a 2..he critiqued the WHOLE thing, which is why I suppose I felt the need to a little. (but he doesn't know anything about the game or extra details anyway, so he can't say much). Ok, well i'd love to know how people felt..especially the die hard fans (the game players, and RE book readers; Such as myself). Excited to know what you all thought! Have a goreific evening everyone!

FooFighters
09-22-2007, 03:00 PM
I thought that it was a pretty good film. If it had a different ending than it would of been better than the first one.

By the way, the movie would have been a lot better if then didn't cast Ali Larter. I don't know why but I hate her so much! Her horse teeth might be one of the reasons.

Khan
09-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Excellent movie!

Not as good as the first, but a major improvement over Apocalypse.

FooFighters
09-22-2007, 04:03 PM
This movie had some of the best pop ups I have ever seen!!! Very scary!

Milla Jovovich is so hot!

Khan
09-22-2007, 04:10 PM
I like the sequel setup they had.

FooFighters
09-22-2007, 04:12 PM
Yes very good. But Milla Jovovich is sooo HOT!

mr32
09-22-2007, 04:29 PM
On Shocktilyoudrop.com a possible fourth film will spin-off of Alic arc and focus on Clarie it all depending on the success of this film.

Khan
09-22-2007, 04:32 PM
If they make another one, I will see it!

FooFighters
09-22-2007, 04:35 PM
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. ...Literally

mr32
09-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Ali Larter was saying that in a interview she had. Basically i think they just should stick to the lead character Alice.

FooFighters
09-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Amen brother! Ali Larter is one of the worst actors, I hate her horse teeth!

They should definitiley stick with Alice. And with the ending of Extinction. how could that even be a possibility.

Khan
09-22-2007, 05:09 PM
I want to see the Alice story continue.

FooFighters
09-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Without question.

mr32
09-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Well brothers i we can do is hope for the best. And hope they dont fuck up. I dont have nothing against Ali, its just we are so deep inot Alice character right now. It would just be stupid to slap the fans in the face and go on to other storyline.

Now if they had kill here off, than just bring on Clarie storyline.

FooFighters
09-22-2007, 05:26 PM
If they had killed her off, there is no way I would see the next one.

mr32
09-22-2007, 06:05 PM
Yeah Alice is the key character in this film. But the score for this moive was dpwn right of the fucking chain, Charile Clouser score was right on the head.

Khan
09-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Yeah, the music was really good as usual.

FooFighters
09-22-2007, 06:14 PM
Yeah. Like when Carlos drove that semi truck straight into the zombie hurds. It was playing some kick ass music that made the scene really great.

mr32
09-22-2007, 06:24 PM
Yeah, the music was really good as usual.

I really didnt like the music in the second movie.

FooFighters
09-23-2007, 08:05 AM
Yeah, it wasn't the same. Good music would of made it a better film.

flamingrose96
09-23-2007, 04:28 PM
We can all thank Marilyn Manson for the music in the first movie, that sort of made its way into Extinction! He did a great job with the score! And yea Milla is SUPER hot! Hotter in the other films, as apposed to how she looked in Extinction, but still hot (way to much makeup though). And yea, if they spin off into a story with Claire (even though Claire is a legit character *from the game*, and Alice is not) I would not go see it. I would be very VERY upset! Milla is such a better actress as well. I just hope she's up to it after her baby is born :) She's a trooper though. I think she will!!:nodsmile:

FooFighters
09-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Yea I agree. They better stay with Milla.

And she is soo hot!

Khan
09-23-2007, 04:33 PM
Tyler Bates co-scored the movie.

mr32
09-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Tyler Bates co-scored the movie.

Which movie?

Khan
09-23-2007, 05:37 PM
The newest Resident Evil movie.

mr32
09-23-2007, 05:49 PM
The only name i seen under the music credits was Charlie Clouser not Bates

Khan
09-23-2007, 05:50 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0432021/fullcredits

Original Music by
Tyler Bates
Charlie Clouser

mr32
09-23-2007, 06:05 PM
I got my info from upcomingmovies.com and his name is the only name listed.

P.S. I think they drop Tyler Bates, caused on the soundtrack Charlie compose everything.

FooFighters
09-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Resident Evil: Extinction made 24,000,000!

-Oh and Milla Jovovich is hott!:D

Khan
09-24-2007, 01:17 PM
The soundtrack is pretty weak this time.

FooFighters
09-24-2007, 01:19 PM
I don't really care about the soundtracks. As long as the music in the movie sounded good...which it did. I'm fine.

Khan
09-24-2007, 01:38 PM
I like the first two soundtracks.

FooFighters
09-24-2007, 02:31 PM
What were some of the bands?

Khan
09-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Devildriver, Rammstein, Marilyn Manson, Coal Chamber and Static-X just to name a few.

FooFighters
09-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Oooh Static-X is good.

FooFighters
09-24-2007, 02:59 PM
$23,678,580

Actual gross. No longer a estimate.

FooFighters
09-24-2007, 05:50 PM
My movie experience would have been a lot better too if this dumb bitch hadn't of brough her 2 month old baby to the theatre.

Dark Chaos
10-14-2007, 01:44 PM
I really enjoy the Resident Evil Series movie and video games, and it seemed like it made the best video game to movie at of all of them.

StephenSobottka
10-17-2007, 06:11 AM
My movie experience would have been a lot better too if this dumb bitch hadn't of brough her 2 month old baby to the theatre.

This always ruins a movie. I feel for you on this one. I am a huge fan of these movies..and yes, Milla is smokin! I still think Sienna Guillory is gorgeous too, not too mention she did a good job in the second movie!

Seth Gecko
10-22-2007, 10:17 PM
I reaaally want Leon Kennedy and Jack Krauser in the next RE film.

Khan
01-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Bump!

FooFighters
01-04-2008, 04:52 AM
I just watched Resident Evil, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, and Resident Evil: Extinction all in a row yesterday and all I can say is DAMN! Those are some kick ass films (I have seen them before) I am looking forward to the fourth.

Khan
01-04-2008, 05:20 AM
Me too.

FooFighters
01-04-2008, 05:22 AM
Was it you who said that they were thinking of using Ali Larter as the main character now and not Milla? Because that makes absolutely no sense with the ending of Extinction!

-Yes my mind is full of Resident Evil knowledge! Muhaha

Severed
01-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Was it you who said that they were thinking of using Ali Larter as the main character now and not Milla? Because that makes absolutely no sense with the ending of Extinction!

-Yes my mind is full of Resident Evil knowledge! Muhaha

The next film is going to be all CGI. There is a trailer for it on the Extinction DVD. Not sure about if Ali or Mila is the main character or not. This may not have either one.

FooFighters
01-04-2008, 12:15 PM
The next film is going to be all CGI. There is a trailer for it on the Extinction DVD.

Really? I have that DVD! Thanks.

FooFighters
01-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Ok. I was just looking over the Special Features for my Resident Evil: Extinction DVD and I came across the "sneak peak" or Resident Evil: Degeneration (the next resident evil film) it is all in CGI and doesn't have Milla or anything. What the fuck is this shit? I am pissed!

Khan
01-05-2008, 08:05 PM
I would see it regardless.

FooFighters
01-05-2008, 08:07 PM
It has nothing to do with Milla the government or any of that. None. All it is, is that fruit cake from the video game.

Khan
01-05-2008, 08:10 PM
I haven't played the games.

FooFighters
01-05-2008, 08:12 PM
You being a fan of zombie films and Resident Evil, I thought you would be a lot more shocked or angry?

Silverpsycho
01-06-2008, 03:44 AM
Ok. I was just looking over the Special Features for my Resident Evil: Extinction DVD and I came across the "sneak peak" or Resident Evil: Degeneration (the next resident evil film) it is all in CGI and doesn't have Milla or anything. What the fuck is this shit? I am pissed!
I still need to see Extinction but wow, I am surprised the series will be taking this route and not even attempting to create a Milla! However, I really like the character Leon from 2 & 4 (the fourth game is awesome!) so I wouldn't mind seeing him as a lead. It will be nice to see another take on this series and for the entire film to be computer animated sounds unique, as that would offer the ability to have really creepy ass zombies. The ones in the game creep me out far more than the ones made up in the live-action films.

FooFighters
01-06-2008, 06:11 AM
I still need to see Extinction but wow, I am surprised the series will be taking this route and not even attempting to create a Milla! However, I really like the character Leon from 2 & 4 (the fourth game is awesome!) so I wouldn't mind seeing him as a lead. It will be nice to see another take on this series and for the entire film to be computer animated sounds unique, as that would offer the ability to have really creepy ass zombies. The ones in the game creep me out far more than the ones made up in the live-action films.

Watch the ending of Extinction and you'll be as angry as me.

Silverpsycho
01-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Watch the ending of Extinction and you'll be as angry as me.
Gotcha. I do plan on picking up the dvd fairly soon.
Maybe this will be a temporary hiatus from the live-action to give a chance to the Leon character?

Has anyone out there heard if this next computer animated installment will be dtv or an actual theatre release?

FooFighters
01-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Gotcha. I do plan on picking up the dvd fairly soon.
Maybe this will be a temporary hiatus from the live-action to give a chance to the Leon character?

Has anyone out there heard if this next computer animated installment will be dtv or an actual theatre release?

I'm pretty sure that it is going to theatres.

Khan
01-06-2008, 04:33 PM
You being a fan of zombie films and Resident Evil, I thought you would be a lot more shocked or angry?

I am fairly certain that there will be an RE 4 in the future continuing from the previous live action film.

FooFighters
01-08-2008, 01:06 PM
I am fairly certain that there will be an RE 4 in the future continuing from the previous live action film.

If so, then what the hell is the point of this "Anime" crap.

wyatt s
01-08-2008, 06:27 PM
The animated thing is just another money maker. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a straight to DVD thing(correct me if I'm wrong) and I'm fairly certain that the regular series will continue in live action.

Khan
01-08-2008, 06:34 PM
If so, then what the hell is the point of this "Anime" crap.

To make money. ;)

The animated thing is just another money maker. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a straight to DVD thing(correct me if I'm wrong) and I'm fairly certain that the regular series will continue in live action.

I think it will be DTV too.

FooFighters
01-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Boy I sure hope so.

capngravy
01-08-2008, 06:39 PM
They were all good, but part 3 was somewhat of a let down. The action, was somewhat lack luster, and Claire was not defined enough. Shame to because I love Director Russhel, he made such movies as Highlander. Stick to sci - fi without horror.

NightmareMan84
01-08-2008, 07:01 PM
I voted for the first RE. I didn't like it much when I saw it in theatres, but last year I decided to give it another chance and really enjoyed it the second time. I rented Apocalypse at the same time and was really excited to see it, but was kind of letdown. Saw Extinction in the theatre and liked it more than the second one. Overall a decent series IMO, but I do wish it evolved better after such a good start. Oh well.

Frazetta
01-08-2008, 07:37 PM
All of the Resident Evil movies have sucked. Such huge dissapointments from the video games.

FooFighters
01-08-2008, 07:39 PM
In order:

Resident Evil: Exticntion
Resident Evil
Resident Evil: Apocalypse

-All awesome though!

Severed
01-08-2008, 07:45 PM

I agree, but with RE:E only making $50,338,666 worldwide, it might be a while before we see a part 4.

Khan
01-08-2008, 07:47 PM
That was just domestic.

Domestic: $50,648,679 34.4%
+ Foreign: $96,615,000 65.6%
= Worldwide: $147,263,679

FooFighters
01-08-2008, 07:50 PM
I agree, but with RE:E only making $50,338,666 worldwide, it might be a while before we see a part 4.

Why is that? The first one only made 40 million and the second one only made 50 million.

Khan
01-08-2008, 07:52 PM
The first one:

Domestic: $40,119,709 39.2%
+ Foreign: $62,321,369 60.8%
= Worldwide: $102,441,078

Apocolypse:

Domestic: $51,201,453 39.6%
+ Foreign: $78,193,382 60.4%
= Worldwide: $129,394,835

Don't forget DVD sales and rentals.

FooFighters
01-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Tis really the same thing, just a bigger scale.

BONES
01-16-2008, 07:28 PM
I liked all the RE movies they where great I look forward to the nex one but the CGI one not so much if any of them have a brain in there head they'll make a real movie with Milla as Alice.

Pasabi
01-16-2008, 10:45 PM
I say the first one. Haven't seen the newest one out that I hear is crap.

FooFighters
01-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Haven't seen the newest one out that I hear is crap.

:crazy:

No way man.

Deviancy
01-17-2008, 12:25 PM
I also heard the third is good, that is if you like the rest of the series. You can't go into a Resident Evil movie expecting it to be entirely loyal to the games continuity, just way too late for that.

Franchise
01-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Of course it's way too late. The first movie incorporates characters and themes from at least 2 or 3 of the games. They just can't expand on the story and give you something overblown and call it RE.

BONES
01-17-2008, 04:43 PM
I still say they are good movies if just for the sake of being just that not something from the game.....

Frazetta
01-17-2008, 05:11 PM
I also heard the third is good, that is if you like the rest of the series. You can't go into a Resident Evil movie expecting it to be entirely loyal to the games continuity, just way too late for that.I stopped expecting that 15 minutes into the first Resident Evil.

HiddenDragon
01-17-2008, 05:25 PM
I say the first one. Haven't seen the newest one out that I hear is crap.

It's not perfect, but it's far from being crap. If you go in with lowered expectations, you should be fine with the movie.

Khan
01-17-2008, 05:47 PM
I went in wanting some mindless entertainment and I wasn't let down.

Deviancy
01-17-2008, 06:07 PM
The second one is a great popcorn flick and stereotypes aplenty.

I found the zombie stripper scene to be very amusing, not entirely sure why. And Jill had a nice rack, her outfit was so close to the game outfit that it almost came off too cos-play like, but eh.

Speaking of RE, is there a thread about the new game on this board anywhere?

Talk about contreversey.. wowzers. A lot of people are butthurt over the theme..

FooFighters
01-18-2008, 12:48 PM
I also heard the third is good, that is if you like the rest of the series. You can't go into a Resident Evil movie expecting it to be entirely loyal to the games continuity, just way too late for that.

Of course it's way too late.

Actually the fourth Resiednt Evil movie that is coming out soon is called Resident Evil: Degeneration, and it goes after the last game of the series. It is all CGI, characters in all. You can see of preview of it on the Extinction DVD.

BONES
01-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Do any of you guy's think this CGI movie is going to be worth a dam?????

Khan
01-18-2008, 01:39 PM
If it is a DTV, I will rent it.

Pasabi
01-18-2008, 10:44 PM
I think if it is total CGI with stars and all it will either kill the film franchise or move it to DTV unless they go back to live action.

BONES
01-18-2008, 11:12 PM
I love the Matrix movies but Animatrix didn't do it for me I think this will be the same I may be wrong I'll just have to see.....

Deviancy
01-19-2008, 12:14 AM
A Cgi movie would be fun if it filled in some gaps in the series. Of course if it focuses on Jill Valentine, I'll have to check it out.

FooFighters
01-20-2008, 09:00 AM
A Cgi movie would be fun if it filled in some gaps in the series.
Fill in some gaps? It has absolutely nothing to do with the other three.

I love the Matrix movies
Oh yeah;)

I think if it is total CGI with stars and all it will either kill the film franchise or move it to DTV unless they go back to live action.
This probably isn't going to be the last one. They will make another one with Milla Jovovich and continue on with the series. And Degeneration will most likely go straight to DVD.

Do any of you guy's think this CGI movie is going to be worth a dam?????
No, if it goes to theatres, which I highly doubt, it will fail, and if it goes straight to DVD, the sales will be horrible. So this whole thing is really pointless.