PDA

View Full Version : H1 promo LP of radio spots

larry-new
12-21-2004, 03:32 PM
Did you guys see the auction for the Compass promo radio spots LP for Halloween 1? I managed to score this rare beauty for what I thought was a great price...just over 20 bucks. I picked up one for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre earlier this year and think they are an awesome collectible. The numbers of radio spot LP's floating around must be small, especially for the major Horror films. I remember as a kid listening to those creepy radio spots on the 'ole AM dial...long before seeing commercials on TV. I've included a photo........................Larry

Superman
12-21-2004, 03:34 PM
Cool. I have never heard of those before. Nice find. :)

Icebreaker_8605
12-21-2004, 03:37 PM
I was watching this auction. But I couldn't afford to place a bid. I think it's a cool piece of memorabilia to add to your collection. Congrats! :)

larry-new
12-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Thanks...I tend to like the obscure collectibles like these. I especially like authentic material produced at the time of the inital screenings....

MyersFan927
12-21-2004, 03:51 PM
OMG I didn't even see that on auction!! Did you get it on the U.S. Ebay?

You're so lucky, Larry. That's a beauty. Without a doubt. An excellent find and addition to your magnificent collection. I am very envious right now. ;) Good job!!!

larry-new
12-21-2004, 03:56 PM
Sure did....Good 'ole Ebay. I thought for sure there would be more heated bidding on it as there wasn't a whole lot of authentic movie press material issued for H1. The one sheets are a dime a dozen..I'd take this over one of those anyday. Now I'd just like to score an authentic pressbook, and not one of the ad sheets that people pass off as pressbooks................Larry

MrTaft
12-22-2004, 01:28 AM
I've got that myself. Certainly a cool item to be sure.

Silverpsycho
12-22-2004, 04:50 AM
That is one awesome find! Congrats on the find Larry & MrTaft! Now I will have to be on the lookout for one. I too like unique collectibles that spice up the collection. ;)