PDA

View Full Version : oh my (H20 Prop Mask)

NightMareMan
12-04-2004, 12:21 PM
check this out i am speechless

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60360&item=3856545358&rd=1

Evil Never Dies
12-04-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by NightMareMan
check this out i am speechless

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60360&item=3856545358&rd=1

If you visit their site the mask is up for about $3,500! So i think that is the reserve. Alot of money! :eek:

It's Neal
12-04-2004, 04:47 PM
I hope its not sold brown like that. It looks like crap, its not even white.

Dr. Wynn
12-04-2004, 04:51 PM
dear God
why is it s*** colored

if it was really brown like that I wouldnt spend a dime on it

ten31
12-04-2004, 05:07 PM
It looks like an old Don Post mask. Even the hair looks to be falling out like the DP mask did.

Dr. Wynn
12-04-2004, 05:32 PM
it looks like a guy ate to much candy on Halloween, ran to take a crap, ran out of tiolet paper and all he had was the mask
then he.......you know.......and sold it on E Bay

Chuck D
12-04-2004, 05:43 PM
It's not that bad considering its no doubt a stunt mask... still, I wouldnt pay that much for it.

Laow-Z
12-04-2004, 05:48 PM
What kind of rock do these people crawl out from under??? Somebody who buy's that for that price has tooooo much money to begin with.

King Sly Joker
12-04-2004, 05:52 PM
I wouldnt give you $ 5 for that lol...

blicdh
12-04-2004, 08:26 PM
Oh my god, I'm so buying that.

Next time you check that link, the highest bid is going $4200 by DoucheMonkey_420.:rolleyes:

But seriously, I'm curious on how the bid went from $80 to $2275.:confused:

Forgive me if I don't see the logic in bidding so much for some excuse of a Shape mask.

-Biggy

PUREEVIL666
12-04-2004, 11:19 PM
thats is the mask from H20
just was never painted it's from the scene where Michael is at the gate before he see Lorie at the door
there where 2 diff versions of the mask in the movie
and thats one

Michaeleon
12-05-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Evil Never Dies
If you visit their site the mask is up for about $3,500! So i think that is the reserve. Alot of money! :eek:
Indeedy!

Well, it is an interesting piece to look at. I'm sure it would be fun to own (for bragging rights n' all) but I couldn't ever so myself buying something like that.
If I did I would have to put it in a special container, place it in a proper environment, and lock it up.

Less than 5 minutes to go, let's see if any ebay snipers come for a final shot at it.

Nils
12-05-2004, 09:20 AM
the mask just turned brown because it was heavily used. thats a normal process with latex. and its the original screen used V 1.0 mask.

PS: i already made a thread bout this, ckeck out the search function before you make thread that are already existing.

CURSE
12-05-2004, 09:59 AM
SSN's looks much better.

Nils
12-05-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by CURSE
SSN's looks much better.

man, this is the screen used mask....so IMO nothing can look better than screen used masks...even if they show signs of usage. :)

PUREEVIL666
12-05-2004, 01:21 PM
this and SSN's come out of the same mold

Nils
12-05-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by PUREEVIL666
this and SSN's come out of the same mold

but SSN's mask has different eyebrows :)

PUREEVIL666
12-05-2004, 02:55 PM
its just paint

Nils
12-05-2004, 03:22 PM
its just paint

but even the paintjob gives a certain character to the mask. IMO the paintjob is one of the most important parts of making a mask.

PUREEVIL666
12-05-2004, 04:37 PM
so whats you point
SSN H20 V1 mask comes out of the "SAME" mold as this one

NightMareMan
12-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Hey nils I dont give a crap that you already have a thread about this mind your own business

NightMareMan
12-05-2004, 10:35 PM
By the way I think the mask in h20 sucked major

PUREEVIL666
12-05-2004, 11:00 PM
well the V2 was ok

theoutfieldguy
12-05-2004, 11:14 PM
Somebody paid $3150 for that piece of trash?
That is just crazy as hell right there.The hair is falling out,its caca brown,and looks like there may even be small holes in it.
I'd have spent that 3Gs at Nations.Thats 1000 motherfucking cheeseburgers for the year.

MischievousSpirit
12-05-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by theoutfieldguy
Somebody paid $3150 for that piece of trash?
That is just crazy as hell right there.The hair is falling out,its caca brown,and looks like there may even be small holes in it.
I'd have spent that 3Gs at Nations.Thats 1000 motherfucking cheeseburgers for the year.

Damn. What sucker would pay that kind of dough for that piece of crap?!

theoutfieldguy
12-05-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by MischievousSpirit
Damn. What sucker would pay that kind of dough for that piece of crap?!

I know,right?
Maybe I should put a supposed H2O used mask for sell and get rich off'a it.Obviously people will buy anything.

MischievousSpirit
12-05-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by theoutfieldguy
I know,right?
Maybe I should put a supposed H2O used mask for sell and get rich off'a it.Obviously people will buy anything.

Yeah, like an A.B.C. grilled cheese sammich. Ew.

Nils
12-06-2004, 05:09 AM
Hey nils I dont give a crap that you already have a thread about this mind your own business

man, that was no offence, i just proposed to use the search function to prevent double-threads. calm down dude...

PUREEVIL666
12-06-2004, 10:27 AM
I dont know what the hell is your guys prob and what kinda Halloween you think you are but that is the mask from H20
and no theoutfieldguy you cant put up a mask a say it's something else cuz HARDCORE Mask collectors (like myself) would know the diff

Evil Never Dies
12-06-2004, 10:31 AM
That's a hell of alot of money. $3,000! You could get couple of hoildays with that!

theoutfieldguy
12-06-2004, 10:17 PM
and no theoutfieldguy you cant put up a mask a say it's something else cuz HARDCORE Mask collectors (like myself) would know the diff

Yeah,and I was joking.I dont deal with eBay fucks anyways.Especially for bargains (:o) like this one

malfuncsean
12-07-2004, 04:11 PM
I actually don't think that was a screen used because of the paint scheme. KNB did about 4 different versions for the film and that paint scheme didn't make it. in fact it doesn't really even look painted. It looks almost regular latex colored that has been sitting in the sun causing it to brown. I have no doubt it came from the mold and was made for the film but not used on screen because the screen versions were white with a blotchy gray and black added to dirty it up. Also three masks were used in the film not two. The H-6 mask was used in the scene were Nancy Stephens gets her throat cut. Then they changed to the KNB mask and shot most of the rest of the film and then changed their minds again and had Stan Winston do one and reshot all of the close ups. There was also a CGI mask used in one scene where Charley gets killed in the kitchen. Also for the record we paint our masks the way Greg Nicatero from KNB who made the masks for the film told us to. He gave us the reference photos for the mask that made the screen cut and that is how we paint them. He has seen pics of the version that was on E-bay and has refered to it as a reject paint scheme. Someone just dropped a butt load of cash for a test mask. -Clark

MrTaft
12-07-2004, 07:14 PM
Ha! It doesn't surprise me in the least.

Nils
12-08-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by malfuncsean
I actually don't think that was a screen used because of the paint scheme. KNB did about 4 different versions for the film and that paint scheme didn't make it. in fact it doesn't really even look painted. It looks almost regular latex colored that has been sitting in the sun causing it to brown. I have no doubt it came from the mold and was made for the film but not used on screen because the screen versions were white with a blotchy gray and black added to dirty it up. Also three masks were used in the film not two. The H-6 mask was used in the scene were Nancy Stephens gets her throat cut. Then they changed to the KNB mask and shot most of the rest of the film and then changed their minds again and had Stan Winston do one and reshot all of the close ups. There was also a CGI mask used in one scene where Charley gets killed in the kitchen. Also for the record we paint our masks the way Greg Nicatero from KNB who made the masks for the film told us to. He gave us the reference photos for the mask that made the screen cut and that is how we paint them. He has seen pics of the version that was on E-bay and has refered to it as a reject paint scheme. Someone just dropped a butt load of cash for a test mask. -Clark

was it the original H6 mask in the opening scenes with marion?? or a re-cast?

malfuncsean
12-08-2004, 01:43 PM
No it wasn't a mask used in H-6 it was just from the same mold and made for H20. The H-6 design was what they were originally going to go with at first until Steve Miner decided he didn't like it. then he hired KNB and told them that he didn't want the mask to look like ANY of the other masks and wanted to be as plain as possible. So they did what he asked and he loved it. It wasn't until filming was almost wrapped that an executive at Dimension saw some dalies and freaked out about the mask. Then they hired Stan Winston and reshot all of the close ups. -Clark

Cruel Intentions
12-08-2004, 01:52 PM
Pretty good, but not speechless.

theoutfieldguy
12-08-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by BreakfastClub85
Pretty good, but not speechless.

Are you looking at the same mask that we are,bro?
That thing is a glorified $3000 giveaway.I wouldnt buy that with your money.:D

Nils
12-08-2004, 02:01 PM
No it wasn't a mask used in H-6 it was just from the same mold and made for H20. The H-6 design was what they were originally going to go with at first until Steve Miner decided he didn't like it. then he hired KNB and told them that he didn't want the mask to look like ANY of the other masks and wanted to be as plain as possible. So they did what he asked and he loved it. It wasn't until filming was almost wrapped that an executive at Dimension saw some dalies and freaked out about the mask. Then they hired Stan Winston and reshot all of the close ups. -Clark

i heard that Jamie Lee herself wanted the winston mask to go back to the original style a bit more!

malfuncsean
12-08-2004, 04:33 PM
She said that after the fact but never made a stink about it during filming. Everyone was patting KNB on the back and telling them it was the best until a suit at Dimension that actually had a clue spoke up. Believe me Greg and the KNB guys didn't like the mask they made either. They just did what they were told and paid to do. -Clark

NightMareMan
12-08-2004, 10:03 PM
I think the H20 mask sucked majorly looked like crap along with chris durrand who played michael

Evil Never Dies
12-09-2004, 12:29 AM
I think the H20 mask sucked majorly looked like crap along with chris durrand who played michael

I like the mask with the wild hair but not the one that was on ebay.

PUREEVIL666
12-09-2004, 01:10 AM
Where the hell did you here that crap someone is lying to you bro the H6 mask in H20 is a bunch of shit

MrTaft
12-09-2004, 01:59 AM
Get off your high-horse, Evil. Sean knows what he's talking about, that's for damn sure. ;)

Nils
12-09-2004, 03:26 AM
hey, i did two captures, its really a re-cast of the H6 mask.
look here:

Nils
12-09-2004, 03:26 AM
and here's the second:

malfuncsean
12-09-2004, 11:38 PM
Nils is 100% correct and has the screen grabs to prove it. Where I learned all of this so called "crap" is from the FX artists themselves who happen to be my friends. In case you had no idea I was part of the DVD coming out you will learn more yourself when you get the DVD because this subject is well covered. By the way the H-6 mask used in H20 wasn't a "recast" it was from the original mold same as used in H-6. A recast is when you make a mold of an existing mask and then it becomes a second generation recast. This was just another version of the H-6 mask from the very same mold so not a recast. -Clark

Nils
12-10-2004, 05:17 AM
oh, sorry, i thought a recast would be a mask that is poured from the same mold again.
so it's a re-poured mask...can you say so in english? :D

NightMareMan
12-10-2004, 06:39 AM
man nils in that one pic michael looks like hes got a lil bit of a beer gut

Nils
12-10-2004, 07:00 AM
yep.....i also noticed that *lol* i think michael a bit too fat in H2O....was his tummy stuffed out or somethin? i cant believe chris durand was this fat...;)

NightMareMan
12-21-2004, 04:59 PM
LOL yeah

Nils
05-08-2005, 06:30 AM
*EDIT* sorry, wrong thread.

H-Field Hero
05-08-2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Nils
*EDIT* sorry, wrong thread. You won't believe this, but THANK YOU for accidently posting in the wrong thread. I must have missed this when it was new, but I just learned a hell of a lot from reading Sean Clark's posts regarding the mask issue. Nearly all of the information provided was new to me (despite the reading up i've done on this issue).

Just to reiterate and hopefully not sound stupid. Is it official that a recasted H6 mask was in fact what Durand was wearing in those first scenes? Answer that for me Nils.

Nils
05-08-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by H-field Hero
You won't believe this, but THANK YOU for accidently posting in the wrong thread. I must have missed this when it was new, but I just learned a hell of a lot from reading Sean Clark's posts regarding the mask issue. Nearly all of the information provided was new to me (despite the reading up i've done on this issue).

Just to reiterate and hopefully not sound stupid. Is it official that a recasted H6 mask was in fact what Durand was wearing in those first scenes? Answer that for me Nils.

*lol* so my pain was your gain! ;)

Yep, it is official that he wore the mask that came out of the H6 mold. Have you seen the screen caps I posted? There you can see. :) They first tried the H6, but they didn't like the way it fit Chris Durand, so they made the other mask....and then the third (which I'm getting from Sean in some weeks! yay!)!
Actually, I liked the H6 in the beginning....could have worked well through the whole movie, but I'm glad they chose the Winston Version for all the close ups. :)

H-Field Hero
05-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Good look on the info man.

I'm a big Stan Winston fan (mainly due to his amazing physical effects on Terminator's 1 and 2), but I must say that his mask didn't really cut it for me. The way you could easily see Michael's eyes sort of ruined it. For one reason or another, the H2o V.2 mask that Sean and his gang designed looks BAD ASS, even though it's modeled after the one seen in the film. The v2 mask sort of lends itself to the second edition of the H6 mask they made known as 'six'. Those are, imo, two of the finest Myers' masks ever made.

Steve Miner is a total dope. I can't believe he had the experts of KNB making that dopey alien head mask haha.

Nils
05-09-2005, 03:37 AM
Well...the mask Sean is offering is the same mask they used in the movie. It comes directly out of the original mold, so there is no difference....and yeah, the fact that we could see his eyes always bothered me...it takes away the scare. :)