PDA

View Full Version : Neca conversion to show unmasked michael

ShadowX81
11-29-2004, 05:54 PM
I got my 18 inch neca michael figure a couple weeks ago. But I realized what I really wanted was a figure of michael unmasked.
So heres the problem.

I want to convert the figure into an unmasked michael. Any head will do as long as it is believable. i found that the mask head is easy to snap in and out so I can abandon my progect if nessessary. I just need to somehow find or create a ball jointed head that can fit the figure and is a reasonable representation of michael's face. I have no idea where to start.

Anyone have any ideas?:(
Any help or even ideas would be VERY appreciated.

Silverpsycho
11-29-2004, 09:54 PM
I cannot help you but your project sounds amazing! Hell, I'd buy it! ;) :D

TaddSays
11-29-2004, 09:59 PM
It's going to be hard. NECA is the first to make 18" figures with ball jointed heads. You have either Jack Sparrow or The Bride from Kill Bill to choose from so far. Too bad McFarlanes Ash isnt' ball jointed.

Thrillogy
11-30-2004, 05:29 AM
good luck. you have to go through a LONG process in order to get it looking right.

ShadowX81
11-30-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by TaddSays
It's going to be hard. NECA is the first to make 18" figures with ball jointed heads. You have either Jack Sparrow or The Bride from Kill Bill to choose from so far. Too bad McFarlanes Ash isnt' ball jointed.

I could always edit a figure to make it ball jointed. I just need the head. Please post any suggestions of figure heads that can work.

Jackolantern99
11-30-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by ShadowX81
I could always edit a figure to make it ball jointed. I just need the head. Please post any suggestions of figure heads that can work.

http://www.manbehindthedoll.com/images/hawaii.jpg

jmb_052
11-30-2004, 04:45 PM
Dear God.

Chuck D
11-30-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Jackolantern99

ACK! GET IT AWAY FROM ME!

Beau
12-01-2004, 05:06 AM

Arr man, im now scared for life thanks to you.

ShadowX81
12-01-2004, 12:02 PM
Not quite the image Im going for but thanks for the suggestion

Thrillogy
12-01-2004, 05:40 PM
best bet. this is too big of a self project. molding , etc would be a pain and plus u have to go through sculpting. IMO it couldn't be done without have a pro do it.

ShadowX81
12-02-2004, 06:53 PM
If I can just get a head that would fit i could convert it to a ball joint. ken dolls are too small of a scale. Im thinking of going with the evil dead ash 18 inch figure. It looks a bit like tony moran and the facial expression is right. its just that the only ones i could find on ebay are going for like 70 bucks. And i dont really want to pay 70 bucks for something just to saw the head off. So if there is another less expensive figure out ther that can work, i want to find it.

ShadowX81
12-04-2004, 02:40 PM
I have a better idea how bout finding a head for the figure in the loomis and michael boxed set. Anyone have any suggestions for that?

Silverpsycho
12-05-2004, 01:56 PM
LOL, how about a Star Trek figure? :D

No, actually all I can think of is maybe a certain GI Joe head that you could customize or just taking a trip to Toys R Us and checking out their section of action figures. You never know...there could be a terrific Michael face on clearance! Just a suggestion though. Toys R Us is hurting so a good deal would be found there. Too bad the Ash figure is $70...that sounds incredible!

ShadowX81
12-06-2004, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the tip.
However I went to toys r us looking for a figuer that could fit. The Gi joe action figures might work except for the fact that they are not 18 inches. Im sure however if i keep looking i ca find a head that will work with the myers figure from the loomis and myers set.

totempoll
12-06-2004, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the tip.
However I went to toys r us looking for a figuer that could fit. The Gi joe action figures might work except for the fact that they are not 18 inches. Im sure however if i keep looking i ca find a head that will work with the myers figure from the loomis and myers set. those figures are like 13 minches or 11. lol

ShadowX81
12-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Well two projects are officially underway. One is converting the 8" myers from the loomis and michael boxed set into myers from the beginning of h4 with the bandaged face. The other project is converting the 18" myers to myers unmasked. For the bandaged version i aquired a very cheap action figure of the invisable man which I am going to use for the head. After a few modifications it should be right. ( it even has a removable head to make things easier for me) For the 18" myers unmasked I finally decided to buy an ash figure. Once they both arrive the work can begin.

Bucky-lives
12-15-2004, 04:14 PM
Well two projects are officially underway. One is converting the 8" myers from the loomis and michael boxed set into myers from the beginning of h4 with the bandaged face. The other project is converting the 18" myers to myers unmasked. For the bandaged version i aquired a very cheap action figure of the invisable man which I am going to use for the head. After a few modifications it should be right. ( it even has a removable head to make things easier for me) For the 18" myers unmasked I finally decided to buy an ash figure. Once they both arrive the work can begin. wow you are a very crafty person. i can't wait to see what it looks like . post pics if ya can.

ShadowX81
12-15-2004, 04:57 PM
Well the figures prolly arnt gonna be here till the week after christmas since i ordered them from ebay. As soon as I get them i will get right to work. It shouldnt take me longer than a day or two to complete each one. Once i get them done i will take pictures and post them as soon as they develop.

ShadowX81
01-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Update. Bad news. looks like the myers bandaged face is scrapped. i aquired the invisible man figure and while it was 8 inches, it was of a larger scale.
Also the 18inch myers is put on hold. I got the ash figure, but that was too small a scale. the next step is to aquire a movie maniacs 18 inch myers. Hopefully that will be the same cale.
Good news. I got a 6 inch movie maniacs michael and ash. After a little editing. I have created, What Michael looks like now figure. Hope to have pics up soon