PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Pages : [1] 2

LP~MyersFan~25
09-20-2004, 07:07 PM
Anybody like the remake of DOTD? I love it!

SLAB
09-20-2004, 07:30 PM
Yes, I like both of them in fact. :) I just happen to like the original a little more. ;)

zombie commando
09-20-2004, 07:37 PM
I liked it......great action flick. Not on par with the original, but still a fun flick all around.

For those that are hoping the uncutt version is radically different......well it isn't. Just a few more quick scenes with zombies, and one more exploding head.

LP~MyersFan~25
09-20-2004, 09:15 PM
I'll be getting the DVD on the 27th of October.

Franchise
09-21-2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by zombie commando
I liked it......great action flick. Not on par with the original, but still a fun flick all around.

For those that are hoping the uncutt version is radically different......well it isn't. Just a few more quick scenes with zombies, and one more exploding head.

Shameful isn't it? I liked the movie and the uncut version sounded soooo much better. But, there is very little added.

Maxvayne
09-21-2004, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Franchise
Shameful isn't it? I liked the movie and the uncut version sounded soooo much better. But, there is very little added.

I find that funny. People said there was like twenty more added footage, but the DVD coming out only has nine more.

atomic dog
09-21-2004, 06:42 AM
i love them both. i own the original and have preordered the remake.

zombie commando
09-21-2004, 07:28 AM

It didn't seem like there were nine more minutes, just a few quick shots.....maybe the one I watched wasn't the same as the DVD version coming out, but that's doubtfull.

MichaelMyers
09-21-2004, 01:27 PM
I saw it and thought it was awesome.

Roswell
09-21-2004, 01:33 PM
I liked the remake a lot, but the remake didn't have that punch that Romero gave to his film back in '78

MMyers89
09-21-2004, 02:23 PM
I like em both, but nothing beats the original.

Maxvayne
09-21-2004, 02:48 PM
It didn't seem like there were nine more minutes, just a few quick shots.....maybe the one I watched wasn't the same as the DVD version coming out, but that's doubtfull.

I think it's more of a wait and see type of deal, And that is what ill do, to see what the story is.

Blackesteyes
09-21-2004, 03:49 PM
Loved the remake, cant wait for the dvd. Still prefer the original tho cos its just fucking amazing.

Soulless
09-22-2004, 08:49 AM
The remake was good, but the original can't be touched.

NeewollaH
09-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Fun Popcorn flick, but it's got nothing on the original.

MichaelMyers
09-22-2004, 06:26 PM
I think it is coming out on DVD sometime this October.

Roswell
09-22-2004, 06:41 PM
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2509302

Check out the DVD Trailer, it tells you what's on the Unrated Disc

Hallowicked
09-22-2004, 07:04 PM
I thought the DOTD remake was great and I can't wait for the DVD release.

Ving Rhames is the shit! lol

atomic dog
09-22-2004, 07:17 PM
wow there is even more on the unrated version i preordered.

Donnie Darko
09-23-2004, 12:09 AM
DOTD 2004 is fuckin awesome when you watch it as a standalone movie, but its really bland in comparison to the original.

id like it alot more probally if it were an original name, instead of reusing Romeros title.

VING RHAMES!!!! hehe hell yeah!

dont get me wrong tho, i love the genre and im gonna be there at 12:00 to buy the movie when it comes out.

MichaelMyers
09-23-2004, 01:53 PM
I didn't know about an unrated version. Cool.

zombie commando
09-23-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by MichaelMyers
I didn't know about an unrated version. Cool.

Don't get too excited, there isn't but a couple of quick shots added.

Creepingmouth
09-24-2004, 12:49 PM
I really liked this remake,it shows the best head explosion in movie history so far

TheThorn666
09-25-2004, 10:41 AM
i havnt seen it yet........

zombie commando
09-25-2004, 11:31 AM
The Zombie Army is back in full swing for all you peeps that were members.

I checked out the Dawn remake DVD site, it has a long ass clip showing a cut scene from the theatrical version of the flick.

Head here to see it......http://www.dawnofthedeadmovie.net

MichaelMyers
09-25-2004, 03:57 PM
When does the new one come out on DVD?

LP~MyersFan~25
09-25-2004, 05:31 PM
When does the new one come out on DVD?

Oct. 26th

HalloweenFan#1
09-25-2004, 10:38 PM
It was a pretty good film.

theoutfieldguy
09-28-2004, 12:52 AM
I enjoyed it.Shit,even my moms was raving about it.

LP~MyersFan~25
10-02-2004, 09:17 AM
I got too see the remake 4 months before it was even released in theatres. They had a special screening of it at the movies. It was awesome seeing it that early.

Silverpsycho
10-02-2004, 03:09 PM
seriously...i hated it, but i must admit that it got me into the original film because when i heard that a remake was being made, i got really psyched and went out and bought the original on divimax and fell in love with it. then i saw the remake in the theatre and just...hated it. the characters are rather lackluster, the mall doesn't play a big part, the living dead are too fast and lack personality, the zombie baby is bad cheesy, and the "pretty faces" (known celebs) ruin the movie. however, i may buy it just for the quick cameos by Savini, Reiniger and Foree (plus the store acknowledging Fran's real name..."Gaylen Ross"). there is the possibility that i may grow to like it, but i was horrified by this tragic bomb. it actually would have been more enjoyable if it was not titled dawn of the dead...then i actually would appreciate it for what it is...but today, we are in the age of remakes and sequals. :(

MichaelMyers
10-03-2004, 07:22 AM
It was a good movie. I know I'm getting it when it comes out.

Hallowicked
10-19-2004, 09:16 AM
I went to Best Buy this morning, looked around and saw the new Dawn of the Dead remake dvd sitting on the shelf. After I put my eyes back in their sockets, I noticed they only had fullscreen out. I knew it was a mistake for it being out but I tried my luck and asked for the widescreen copy. After a minute or two, the girl caught on to me and said, "wait, this isn't suppose to be released yet." I was so slick, I replied back with... "I know, so uhh, how about that widescreen." :D

So sad to say, I didn't get to leave with it early. Oh well, only one more week!

Chomp_on_this
10-19-2004, 01:40 PM
Shit...an employee at a Best Buy ACTUALLY knew when a DVD is suppose to hit stores? hmmmm.... I like the replys I get, when ever I ask questions about movies:

"Is that a movie?" <---My Favorite!
"What is anamorphic widescreen?" I swear to god, I recieved this answer!
"Get the remake, its better!" I got this one, when buying the NOTLD Millenium Edition DVD
"I don't know too much about movies...ask that guy." Yup, another shocker.

As for the DOTD remake...I guess it was good, if you like everything that made the original superb, replaced with high amounts of action. I am sure the younger generations love this movie. As for me, I was a little so-so. I felt kinda let down after seeing it.

Creepingmouth
10-19-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
"Get the remake, its better!" I got this one, when buying the NOTLD Millenium Edition DVD

that's shocking!

Ravenheart
10-19-2004, 02:14 PM
I thought the remake was a really good movie but it won't replace the original in my heart.

zombie commando
10-19-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Silverpsycho
it actually would have been more enjoyable if it was not titled dawn of the dead...then i actually would appreciate it for what it is...but today, we are in the age of remakes and sequals. :(

Ummm...so you really judge most of any movie you encounter by the title? That is one of the lamest things I have ever heard.

We have always been in the age of remakes and sequels; this is nothing new in the movie business.

Christopher
10-20-2004, 01:21 AM
I thought the remake was terrible,
The original was fun and didn't intend to be a serious film but the
remake changed everything and tried to play it out as a strait
horror.
None of the characters liked each over much in the remake and
the ending wasn't that good either.
But everyone likes different films.

Maxvayne
10-20-2004, 03:17 AM

"I don't know too much about movies...ask that guy." Yup, another shocker.

That's a call of the mighty Slacker in the wild.

Chomp_on_this
10-20-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Maxvayne
That's a call of the mighty Slacker in the wild.

Lol...no shit. Best Buy needs to start paying ME! I cant tell you how many times people come up to me asking about movies. I usually get the question, "What's the scariest movie you have ever seen?" I give them Halloween and they blindly buy it, without even knowing the plot of the film. I also get asked the question "Whats the best film, to watch on a brand new DVD player?" ITS INSANE! Yea, the next time I give someone advice on what to buy at Best Buy, I am asking to go on the payroll.

fanatic986
10-20-2004, 09:49 AM
I really enjoyed the remake. It didn't disrespect the original. I liked it.

Hall9ween
10-20-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Christopher
the
remake changed everything and tried to play it out as a strait
horror.
None of the characters liked each over much in the remake

I don't see how the remake tried to play it out as a serious horror when you had the "celebrity zombie" shots and the token white girl running back over the road for her beloved dog. To me this could not be taken seriously, and I could see the obvious comic undertone.

Also, how does the characters not liking each other make it a bad movie? It just shown the tension between the characters. Which, to be fair, I dunno if I would be trusting alot of people if I was stuck inside a shopping centre with strangers while the living dead were running amok outside.

Creepingmouth
10-20-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Christopher
I thought the remake was terrible

I really don't think so.It's not good like the original but is quite good.Afterall it's a remake what the hell!

MichaelMyers
10-20-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Creepingmouth
I really don't think so.It's not good like the original but is quite good.Afterall it's a remake what the hell!
I agree with you, its not a bad movie at all.

Chomp_on_this
10-20-2004, 05:55 PM
I agree with you, its not a bad movie at all.

It wasnt bad at all. It probably could have been more, except it had to have the title Dawn of the Dead.

Ravenheart
10-24-2004, 04:54 AM
I watched my copy of the unrated version last night and it was pretty damn good.I loved it when I saw it in the theatre but this was even better.Some of the head shots were beautiful.Nothing like seeing bits of brain and head flying all over the place when someone is shot in the head The extras were pretty good too.My favorite was Andy's Video Diary.It was interesting seeing him loosing it over the course of the diary.

LP~MyersFan~25
10-24-2004, 01:08 PM
The remake, in my opinion, is the best zombie movie out there.

triefy
10-24-2004, 01:18 PM
I love the new one. I thought the song selections were great. I still think of the opening credits w/ Johnny Cash (Btw, the lettering shit they did was awesome & Creative). I actually have a cam copy of this, which is nice because you get to hear the crowds reaction. If I ever make a big movie and its acclaimed, I will go to the theatre of a packed house and audio record the crowd reaction. Sometimes you get more into a film like this with a reaction by someone else. I always watch movies alone. I would like to say its because I like to watch them alone, but its really because I'm a loser.

I think Zack did a pretty good job w/ the film. It loses the social commentary of the original. The Zombie Baby was horrible. But I like the little things like Andy & Ving Rhames Relationship.

Hall9ween
10-24-2004, 02:01 PM
I believe this is released tomorrow (24th) on Region 2 DVD. I really want to get it to expand onto my zombie DVD collection, but it depends if I can spare the money. That's because a new original Dawn of the Dead is being released on the same day, with a fairly long documentary which sounds interesting.

Decisions ... decisions. :p

MASMYERS
10-24-2004, 03:47 PM
I'm assuming this is for discussion of the remake and/or both movies.

Anyway, the remake DVD comes out tomorrow so I checked the ads just now to see who had it the cheapest and to see if anyone was giving anything bonus.

Turns out Best Buy lists it on the website as being $15.99. They will have a limited supply of a bonus disc ONLY if you buy the unrated version. This is what it says about it:

- "Mockumentary: Undead and Loving It!" A perspective on working with zombies on the set from director Zack Snyder, cast and crew

-"Drawing the Dead: Storyboard Comparisons"

Circuit City's ad says that a Dawn of the Dead comic comes with it while supplies last. It doesn't give any specs about the comic, though. I'm wondering if its the same as the one that came with the Ultimate DOTD DVD that came out last month. The price listed on their website is the same as Best Buy.

Mr.Garrett81
10-25-2004, 05:07 PM
My buddy works at blockbuster and I was able to check out the uncut version of the remake. Nothing special at all. There are a lot of special features that show making the zombies, a fake news broadcast of the virus, and a 15 min video of the Dawn of the Dead movie from Andys point of view. As far as 20 extra minutes??? I dont think so. I dont even think 9 minutes.

Hall9ween
10-26-2004, 03:56 PM
I bought the new Directors Cut of Dawn of the Dead '04 on Monday, and I really didn't notice anything different from when I remember it in cinema's. Ah well, I still really like the movie.

The extra features were kind of cool as well.

I got a question too. Imagine yourself at the start of Dawn of the Dead '04. Your clock has just turned 6:37 (I think), and the stupid little bitch from next door has just opened you bedroom door. What would you say to her? I certainly wouldn't say "It's Vivian, what's wrong?".

atomic dog
10-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Hall9ween
I bought the new Directors Cut of Dawn of the Dead '04 on Monday, and I really didn't notice anything different from when I remember it in cinema's. Ah well, I still really like the movie.

The extra features were kind of cool as well.

I got a question too. Imagine yourself at the start of Dawn of the Dead '04. Your clock has just turned 6:37 (I think), and the stupid little bitch from next door has just opened you bedroom door. What would you say to her? I certainly wouldn't say "It's Vivian, what's wrong?".
there is a thread just for this if you want to add more there.

Kara Strode
10-27-2004, 11:19 AM
I rented it yesterday...liked it quite a bit. Of course, I prefer the original over the remake, but thought it did well enough. The Zombie Baby..woah!!

I didn't think the gore was as over the top as it was built up to be. I think it was shot well. Some scenes would have been far more graphic if not for the camera work.

Bucky-lives
10-28-2004, 03:08 AM
i like both but the original had that little extra feel to it. maybe because it was the first . ken foree is one of my fave actors.

InfiniteFury
10-30-2004, 07:39 PM
I just rented the "remake"...another loss thanks to greedy corporate America. Tragic. Sad. Typical. It was too predictable,
bland, and the formula of "hip and scary" has certainly made its
way into what people call horror today. The original sent a message about consumerist culture slowly killing itself which is excatly what's happening. Add the niggaz to it (no, I'm not talking about black people; hip hop and rap is infecting everything including horror which is horrific in itself) and that's what you've got. Sorry to sound so cynical, but until I see a real horror film released to the public wihtout its creators worrying about putting
"too much" into it, I'll stick to my direct-to-video vault. Hollywood
is drowning in its own sh_t, and they don't even care. Pathetic.

Superman
10-30-2004, 07:44 PM
I just got and watched it. I really liked it. I've just recently discovered zombie flicks and books. I have never seen the original, now I really want to. Which version of the original would be the one to get? The new 4 disk version perhaps?

Halloween78
10-30-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by InfiniteFury
I just rented the "remake"...another loss thanks to greedy corporate America. Tragic. Sad. Typical. It was too predictable,
bland, and the formula of "hip and scary" has certainly made its
way into what people call horror today. The original sent a message about consumerist culture slowly killing itself which is excatly what's happening. Add the niggaz to it (no, I'm not talking about black people; hip hop and rap is infecting everything including horror which is horrific in itself) and that's what you've got. Sorry to sound so cynical, but until I see a real horror film released to the public wihtout its creators worrying about putting
"too much" into it, I'll stick to my direct-to-video vault. Hollywood
is drowning in its own sh_t, and they don't even care. Pathetic.

I couldn't disagree more. I loved the remake. In fact, I like the remake even more than the original.

Michaeleon
10-31-2004, 04:45 AM
During the scene in the beginning when Ana is driving, she stops behind a bus. Shortly after her door swings open and a man is reaching inside.
At first I always assumed he was a zombie but after watching the DVD I'm not so sure. He looked like a mail man, and I thought I distinctively heard him talk. It sounded like he said, "Ana, wait" but then she blasted the gas pedal and went down the hill.
Was he a zombie or did he just frighten her so badly she didn't know what to think? You got to admit, he sure went about it the wrong way if he was human.

Superman
10-31-2004, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Michaeleon
During the scene in the beginning when Ana is driving, she stops behind a bus. Shortly after her door swings open and a man is reaching inside.
At first I always assumed he was a zombie but after watching the DVD I'm not so sure. He looked like a mail man, and I thought I distinctively heard him talk. It sounded like he said, "Ana, wait" but then she blasted the gas pedal and went down the hill.
Was he a zombie or did he just frighten her so badly she didn't know what to think? You got to admit, he sure went about it the wrong way if he was human. No..I think he was human, but he scared her so bad that she just wanted to get out of there.

Michaeleon
10-31-2004, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Superman
No..I think he was human, but he scared her so bad that she just wanted to get out of there.
Okay, that's what I thought. Maybe something was chasing him that would explain his irate behavior. Poor guy just wanted a ride.

Halloween78
10-31-2004, 12:10 PM
That just wasn't his day. Did any of you watch the special features? At the very end of the "SPECIAL REPORT: ZOMBIE INVASION" the president gives an address from his bunker. Pretty much all he says is "all we have to fear is fear itself" and "Godbless america." That's a shity thing to do. Don't you know in the movie there were a bunch of people clinging to their t.v.s and radios as the zombies were close to braking down their doors. They think the president is gonna come on and tell them how he's going to kick some zombie ass. Insted he says a couple of words of "incouragment", and you never hear from him again. I couldn't help but laugh!

Hall9ween
10-31-2004, 12:13 PM
I also think that bloke was human, but was kinda off his trolley a bit. Who would blame him? He certainly scared the shit out of poor Ana.

The part where she sees the zombies attacking that person in the back of the bus is kind of harrowing, IMO. It was one of the images that stuck in my mind and that I remembered after I saw the film in cinemas.

Halloween78
10-31-2004, 12:23 PM
Yeah, if you're in that persons situation, then I think it's fairly safe to say: You're F**ked!

Michaeleon
11-06-2004, 04:55 AM
Well, I was watching the remake once again and now I'm still puzzled about the mail man that 'attacked' Ana. If you listen to the conversation Ana has with Luis when she comes home they mention the mail man. Luis says something to line of that he was let go. Then Ana responds, "The chubby one? Oh, that's too bad he had such a sweet voice". To me anyway in this context, it is implying that he is gone as in dead. They both work in the health care profession so that has to be what they are alluding to.

The debate continues...

Creepingmouth
11-06-2004, 07:23 AM
Well, I was watching the remake once again and now I'm still puzzled about the mail man that 'attacked' Ana. If you listen to the conversation Ana has with Luis when she comes home they mention the mail man. Luis says something to line of that he was let go. Then Ana responds, "The chubby one? Oh, that's too bad he had such a sweet voice". To me anyway in this context, it is implying that he is gone as in dead. They both work in the health care profession so that has to be what they are alluding to.

The debate continues...

I think this way: when Ana entered the room Luis was watchin a tv show (maybe a quiz show or something like that) in which Richie,who in his life did the mailman was cut out the game.

horrorqueen7
11-06-2004, 03:19 PM
I just saw it for the 1st time the other night and I really liked it. I was not really happy with the ending but over all it was good. I have to see the original now.

atomic dog
11-06-2004, 03:31 PM

The debate continues...
i believe they were both watching a singing show like american idol cuz ana stated something about his voice. as for the attack, i think that was the bus driver who wanted to get away from the bus that was attacked.

zombie commando
11-06-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by atomic dog
i believe they were both watching a singing show like american idol cuz ana stated something about his voice. as for the attack, i think that was the bus driver who wanted to get away from the bus that was attacked.

I agree with AD on this one........

Blinkant
11-07-2004, 06:02 AM
I finially watched the remake last night. I expected myself to hate it, as I've hated all the recent remakes and belived that the original didn't need toching. However, I have to agree. The remake is brilliant. Both films are scary but the remake is very fast past compared to the original. For everyone who says that they have watched the remake and need to see the orginal, don't expect anything as fast passed but do expect a brilliant movie. For any one who has seen the orginal but not the remake, go watch it.

Basiclly, both the orginal and remake are great films, kind of like the two night of the living dead films.

complete
11-07-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by LP~MyersFan~25
Anybody like the remake of DOTD? I love it!

I really like the remake. Has humour and horror. Haven't seen the original, if it's as good or better than the remake, then I'll be buying it! The US version, 4-disc edition that is, lol.

Donnie Darko
11-07-2004, 12:47 PM
The debate continues...

i was thinking they were talking about that show Survivor.

but i dont know, ive never watched the show.

hk33ka1
11-14-2004, 08:47 AM
Louis drove a utility truck so I think he was in the construction trade.

They were talking about an American idol type show.

And the guy that trys to pull her out of the car is a Transit worker (bus driver). The jacket he wore was for sale on eBay.

SpawnOfEvil
11-15-2004, 07:08 AM
My mom bought me the remake DVD Director's Cut Unrated and I loved it. I saw the original cut in the theatre and it rocked so when she bought me the Unrated I almost fainted with joy lol.

I watched it with my friend who hadn't seen it and he said that Zack Snyder should remake Night Of The Living Dead as a prequel to it with Michael, Andre and his wife along with a few others, then it could end about the time that they meet Kenneth and Anna.

A remake sequel for Day Of The Dead could have it be Kenneth, Anna, Nicole and Terry on the island, and start them off fighting the zombies off and find the one facility where they see all the shit going on. Just mine and my friend's opinion. I think it'd rock, especially the NOTLD prequel remake.

Michaeleon
12-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Dawn ’04 may lack a true social commentary, but a few things became apparent to me recently so I thought I’d share.

One thing I noticed right away is the TV evangelist, played by Ken Foree, spoke of who was responsible for God to forsake us this way.
Post 9/11 TV evangelist, Jerry Falwell, blamed the gays, abortionists, etc as the ones who were responsible for God to allow the attack to occur. He stated 'God gave us what we deserve'. In the film Ken says, "And how will our God judge us? Now we know".
They follow the notion that when death and destruction are in line, it is society's sins that are responsible.

Heck, the speed of the film itself represents our society; we are a go-go nation that lacks sleep, hyped up on caffeine and demand to receive everything at top speed. Force feed us the information- we have no time to comprehend cryptic messages. This change in pace from the 1978 version is evidence of this.

Abortion being another issue at hand. In Dawn 04, we know perfectly well the mother is infected and the child will surely be dead as well. The father is Andre who is a supposed ‘reformed’ criminal, likely to be unable to fully support the child- expose it to a life of violence and pain, as that is the life he has only led.
The dead child symbolizes the doomed fate it always had at conception.

I read a review of Dawn of the Dead on this Christian movie review site (http://www.hollywoodjesus.com/dawn_of_dead.htm) . No, it wasn't your typical run of the mill over-sensitive site that puts down everything violent and gory. It actually examines film and creates connections with in a scripture context. In the end they recommended the movie.

“While in the 'Crossroads Mall', each character has to come to a crossroads in his or her own life. We see a number of characters that I actually found quite attractive and representative of society. Without giving away too much of the story [I don't like spoilers], there is one character who we see at first as a rude, self-centered, obnoxious individual. Be sure to note how, throughout the movie, this one individual changes, demonstrating the truth that often those we don't think much of actually do have the ability to change. Gunn and Romero in the original seem to be telling us, “Don't give up hope for people. What you see initially may not be what an individual can ultimately become.” Of course, this works both ways. Individuals who first appear to be fun, loving, caring, can often times end up being people who lead to death and destruction.”

Also, an 'enlightening' take on the character Michael.

"There is also the ultimate hero, played by Jake Weber in the part of Michael. Michael is the sort of individual who seems always to have the best interests of others at heart. You never see him indulging in any actions that would destroy the living, only the dead. He is kind and gentle, and is one who understands and struggles with loss. He is also one who seems to have more peace than any other character in the movie. He is in many regards a Christ figure. He loves and cares, and is willing to sacrifice himself to save the many. He seems to be comfortable with the decisions he makes and with his future. We see this especially at the point where he allows the others to continue their journey towards freedom, the freedom to make wise or foolish decisions. Just when the audience believes that everything is now okay, we are reminded throughout the closing credits that even though we have been provided a deliverer, a savior, we still need to make wise decisions ourselves -- and we are responsible for the decisions we make. Unfortunately, this group does not make those appropriate decisions. For those not familiar with zombie films or George A. Romero, I will say that James Gunn holds true to the concept that far more times than not, you don't survive the zombie."

Hall9ween
12-03-2004, 04:49 AM
Nice review, Michealeon. I also like the view on the zombie baby in this film. Sure it was so obvious that the pregnant woman was going to give birth to a undead child, but the fact that the character's of Andre and the actual Russian woman herself (Luda?) most likely knew they were going to have a not-so-healthy child -- but still went ahead with the pregnancy. Andre also defended himself and his zombie child against the old woman.

I also found the "big jelly woman", as me and my mates labelled her as, being wheeled in on the wheelbarrow, having some 'symbolism'. It represented people reaching out and helping others, even when the situation seems really bad -- in this case you could actually see her bite mark. However, when push comes to shove (little cliche there), Ana defended herself against this "big jelly woman" when she tried to attack her. People's motives change, and it also shown people's ignorance to what was happening outside. That it was becoming pretty obvious that a bite or scratch from the undead would kill you, but these people in the mall thought they could help people and beat infection.

I may have talked a load of crap to some people, thinking that I looked into the film way too much. But hey, I could say the same thing about DotD 1978.

complete
12-03-2004, 04:58 AM
lol, what you babbling on about Dan? haha.

Hall9ween
12-03-2004, 05:01 AM
Psssh, I was trying to be deep and meaningful. I shall not be slagged off by some punk like you Blair. Ha!

complete
12-03-2004, 05:03 AM
Psssh, you are such a brummie Dan! lol. Meaningful, bah. At least you got back to my post quickly, lol.

Hall9ween
12-03-2004, 05:05 AM
You are lucky you caught me online, 'cause you know I am so popular and I can't be everywhere at once.

Don't you see my points I made in my other post though? If not, then you must be blind... ;)

complete
12-03-2004, 05:08 AM
Not blind, just lazy, lol. Ok, enough hijacking of the thread, which is down to me! Sorry mod-type guys. Or to those who get all grumpy about this sort of thing.

Dawn of the Dead Remake, I have decided, is NOT as good as the original.

Halloween78
12-04-2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by complete
Dawn of the Dead Remake, I have decided, is NOT as good as the original.

I'll have to respectfully disagree. LoL.:D

complete
12-04-2004, 04:44 AM
To each his own, lol.

I loved the remake, but I just prefer the original. The whole dead baby thing was just annoying for me (in the remake). I hope they remake Day of the Dead, cus the original was really boring.

Donnie Darko
12-05-2004, 02:10 AM
Day of the Dead seemed slow to me at first, but the more ive watched it the faster pace i noticed it really is, if youre looking for action i can imagine its a slow movie, but the main conflict in Day isnt as much the zombies as it is the remaining humans, keeping that in mind it is somewhat fast paced.
after the humans have thieir battles and settle their differences, then is when the zombies have their way.

earlier i watched it, and i didnt think i payed enough attention to it cause i was working on my room too at the time, i just played the movie all over, it went by quick the second time too.
but like ya said, to each their own :)

Mr. Bruce
12-05-2004, 08:28 AM
I don't know if I gave my opinion already if I already did just ingore this one.

I liked them both but if i had to pick one id barily take the remake just because hes newer and it's more entertaining. I wish the remake did have more of the outside world before they got into the mall though.

complete
12-05-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Donnie Darko
if youre looking for action i can imagine its a slow movie, but the main conflict in Day isnt as much the zombies as it is the remaining humans

Yup, I was looking for the action. I also disliked the ending, where they're running for the helicopter, then suddenly, they awake on a beach, lol. Bit of a lame ending IMO for such a great trilogy, or should I say a Quadrilogy, lol (Land)

boogeyman87
12-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Well i just came across this review of Dawn(04) and it really kind made me shake my head. Its in the vain of Michaeleon's post in that it does deal with a religious view. Heres the link, the coment was made by Cinali http://www.movie-gazette.com/cinereviews/690 . I wanted to know what your guys and girls opinions were about this-

"Having watched the movie, I can see that the movie is giving secret messages to the people at the beginning.I find this a most provocative, unfair and cunning tactic which can be used to provovate the christian people over the muslims.Film starts with the nurse going home and sleeping with her husband then just in the morning at 6:37(Should I say John6:37), her daughter attacks them and the nurse calls 911(Should I say September 11).Ofcourse the camera zooms over the phone while she is dialing so that the numbers can be more visible to pass the message to the people. After all she goes out and the world is full of zombies.All of a sudden film scripts get in the middle . Wait hang on a minute, muslims are praying in Mecca. How does this relate to this movie?Wait wait a news speaker is in Istanbul(I recognize the mosque Hagia Sophia) then she is being attacked by the zombies where a woman with a black islamic dress is appearing at the back ground.As well as this the news are giving a message saying the "virus is spreading". Watch the song script at the back ground giving lots of messages. Let me open the messages for you: There is a virus called "Islam" which is turning the people to the zombies and they are spreading and spreading. They will eat us alive.Once get bitten by that islam, you will be infected by it. So keep away from it.Come to Jesus Christ (John6:37) and remember September 11.If We don't deal with it, this will cover the earth and We will be in trouble. When you see a person infected,We need to destroy it by shooting in the brain(just as in Iraq).
Well the movies are the biggest gun that the hollywood uses to effect the people.There are hundreds of hidden messages used in the films to brain wash the people.What a shame!Islam embraces the Christianity and Judaism but people do not read Qur'an objectively to understand it. Because people choose to read Stephen King to fill their spare time not the holybooks then they blame the religions due to their illeteracy.Today's materialistic society is not supported by any religion in the world. Unfortunately, people are thinking that the chrisitanity supports this materialistic nature of the people. No my brothers and sisters, no religion except evil supports today's materialistic life style so stop using the name of christianity falsely and wake up!As you are trying to cause a fight between the muslims and christians and making the christianity a partnership to your materialistic world.No matter how much we have some minor contradictions, our books and life styles are similar in many ways.So stop causing a problem in the world.The ones who planned this september 11 are so cunning that they deliberately chose the date 9-11 to provocate the people against islam whenever they call 911. No muslim could think of such evil.No muslim could do such thing to make the people hate islam.That is enough for the people who can understand."

Michaeleon
12-11-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by boogeyman87
Well i just came across this review of Dawn(04) and it really kind made me shake my head. Its in the vain of Michaeleon's post in that it does deal with a religious view. Heres the link, the coment was made by Cinali http://www.movie-gazette.com/cinereviews/690 . I wanted to know what your guys and girls opinions were about this-

Whoa. Alright, I can swallow someone’s twisted interpretations of symbolism now and then but that reviewer is obviously stretching it a tad bit far to fit their own credence. The point of the opening credits was to show that the virus was spread worldwide, including the Middle East. I do recall seeing various locations in that intro. The Middle East is in conflict- it is now; it has been in the past and will be in the future. The journalist reporting there was probably sent there to cover the conflict(s) yet got in the crosshairs of the spreading virus. Like any reporter, despite his location, he must fulfill his duty and report on what is developing around him.

The opening bit with the praying at Mecca wasn't singling out a group of people, it was showing a portrait of who we are as a people- humanity. It would have carried the same connotation whether they showed Muslims praying at a mosque, Christians worshipping in a church or Jews in a synagogue. Much of the world does carry the belief of creator.

The reviewer makes references to John 6:37. Where do they get any indication that it is in reference to a bible verse let alone from the book of john? It’s not like Ana’s husband’s name was John. Then I could see (John’s house, John’s clock- John 6:37) but that isn’t the case.

That person, who writes those comments, Cinali, seems to be desperately searching for connections. He/she is even claiming that God foresaw this movie coming thus, when the Qur'an was being written, it was made in direct reference to.
---
“Ohh I almost forgot. The God is so great that He knows what people will do to attack the religions of God.So even for this movie, the God gives us a sign in Quran in the following verse:
Surah Hucurat 6:12. O you who believe! Avoid much suspicions, indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting) . And fear the God. Verily, The God is the One Who accepts repentance, Most Merciful.

Although the flesh eating is a symbol of backbiting which is not desired in Islam, You can still get that the God shows flesh eating as a dirty and hated thing to the muslims.”
---
Yes, in all the violence, chaos and death that has been shed for hundreds and hundreds of years I’m sure God made it essential to make a reference to some movie that may potentially corrupt his followers.

Alright, I’ll examine this a bit closer when I get off work. I can firmly say though that there are no hidden anti-muslim messages in the film. Also, Vivian isn’t "the nurse’s daughter". Cinali must have been distracted though, jotting down notes on all the ‘propaganda’ to pay close attention.

Chomp_on_this
12-12-2004, 08:16 PM
Good God! How do these Jesus-freaks get more out of this film than I do?..especially when I am probably a bigger fan of these kinds of movies than they are. From those two "Christian" reviews that were posted in this thread, I kinda have to say that some of those interpretations of symbolism are rather far-fetched and no way represent what was going through Zack's while he was directing this film.

I watched the remake just the other night by myself this time, and I noticed SOME spots of satire and symbolism throughout the movie. They were no way near as strong as the views expressed in the original but there were a few I picked up on. Ken Foree's portrayal of the finger-pointing preacher was very satiristic of how some of the religious followers blame atrocities on the gays and people who abort babies. I picked up on that one.

One more example of symbolism I found in the remake was, the destroying of the "zombie baby". I felt Zack was trying to display to the audience that abortion is at times is infact alright. I mean if the gang would have kept that baby alive, they would have ran the risk of someone getting killed....just like in the scenerio of mother who will die if she goes into labor. If this mother gives birth to this child, she WILL die. So aborting the baby, might be the correct solution to that problem.

zombie commando
12-13-2004, 08:11 PM
That doesn't surprise me at all. These creeps believe every movie outside of Veggie Tales is a product of the vile devil of Hades....

NightMareMan
12-18-2004, 10:47 PM
It sucked the remake sucked.. the zombies were ridiculously stupid

Blackesteyes
12-19-2004, 07:32 AM
I thought they were fuckin scary, i wouldnt be standing up to those bitches thats for sure.

Robert Beaudoin
12-21-2004, 02:33 AM
I saw it and, no I did not like it. The new version sucked just as bad the original did.

MeteorMayhem
12-22-2004, 07:22 PM
I liked this movie just because it was a zombie movie, I love zombie movies.

Slapshot
12-24-2004, 09:07 AM
I've seen the Unrated version and must say that this is a very good horror movie, it isn't funny and it takes itself serious. I really enjoyed it as I did the original.

BladeTrinity
12-26-2004, 04:00 PM
This movie, for a remake, was great!

theoutfieldguy
12-26-2004, 04:30 PM
One of the few remakes that is on par with the original.
The only thing that I didnt like was the speed that the zombies had in this one.Sure,it made for more intense scenes,but I think that if youre half dead,you should be walking like it,not sprinting.

BladeTrinity
12-26-2004, 06:03 PM
Well, in some parts the running was good. If they didnt run then the people would have gotten away to fast. And when the zombie with the missing arm was running it was like from 2 mph to 100 mph's.

MichaelMyers
12-27-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by theoutfieldguy
One of the few remakes that is on par with the original.
The only thing that I didnt like was the speed that the zombies had in this one.Sure,it made for more intense scenes,but I think that if youre half dead,you should be walking like it,not sprinting.
Yeah, they should have been slower. They were running faster than some the cars. Thats too fast. Most people when they think of zombies think of slow walking not 100 meter race competitors.

zombie commando
12-27-2004, 03:45 PM
I do not remember them running faster than what a normal person's running speed is. I do remember them having "pyscho" strength though.....but I suppose anybody in a rabid frenzy with zero intelligence could perform the feats witnessed in that movie.

I loved Dawn of the Dead. It was better than the often praised 28 Days Later, and the action in it was pulled off brilliantly. It wasn't as good as the original, but it was a rather nice tribute.

theoutfieldguy
12-27-2004, 09:33 PM
I loved Dawn of the Dead. It was better than the often praised 28 Days Later

Hell yeah.
I remember being psyched as hell to go see 28DL,and I guess I expected too much from seeing the trailers.I thought it would be the kickass zombie film for years to come.Turns out DOTD04 took that title.

Ravenheart
12-28-2004, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by theoutfieldguy
Hell yeah.
I remember being psyched as hell to go see 28DL,and I guess I expected too much from seeing the trailers.I thought it would be the kickass zombie film for years to come.Turns out DOTD04 took that title.

28DL is one of those movies that gets better the more you watch it.The first time I watched it I thought it was boring but when I saw it a second time at a friend's place who had the DVD I liked it better.

Jessedraper
01-11-2005, 10:54 AM
I liked the new dawn of the dead but I liked the origanal better it was awesome!

kerrsth
04-11-2005, 09:47 PM
i happened to love this movie, at the end of the movie and really through the middle of the movie i was really into it and i felt kinda scared thinking "what if something like this really happened, that would really suck" lol i thought about alot when i watched this flick...thats what i love...when the movies you watch really make you think of things and freak you out....

btw i love the song by johnny cach in the beginning, it fit the mood of the movie completely!

atomic dog
04-12-2005, 03:29 AM
you are right. the jc song just fits the film.

bloody_pumpkin
04-12-2005, 11:20 AM
I bought and watched the unrated version. the movie was ok but I didn't like it. running zombies don't make it for me. george romero's dawn of the dead is number one. I'm sure that land of the dead is going to kick dawn of the dead remake's ass

zombie commando
04-13-2005, 06:23 AM
I hope it does as well, but I still think that the Dawn remake was a cool movie. Hell, it's been the best zombie flick to hit us in years.

DREAMASTER
04-15-2005, 04:32 PM
I bought the Director's Cut and love it !

Dominican2051
04-15-2005, 09:36 PM
I love the remake its much better than the original.

Franchise
04-15-2005, 11:44 PM
I hope it does as well, but I still think that the Dawn remake was a cool movie. Hell, it's been the best zombie flick to hit us in years.

Even better than the ultra-cool (in my opinion) Shaun of the Dead and 28 Days Later?

complete
04-16-2005, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by bloody_pumpkin
the movie was ok but I didn't like it. running zombies don't make it for me. george romero's dawn of the dead is number one.

That's why I liked the remake so much. It would just be old & boring to have the same old walking around zombies. What would be the point than a basic cash in of a boring remake? Instead, they used a new angle on things and it clearly worked.

I doubt you'll like certain parts of Land of the Dead then, cause some zombies will be evolved in more than one way. If you only like the basic boring walking zombies that is.

Even better than the ultra-cool (in my opinion) Shaun of the Dead and 28 Days Later?

It's a tie for me between Shaun & Dawn. Both quality films in my eyes:)

bloody_pumpkin
04-17-2005, 07:50 PM
That's why I liked the remake so much. It would just be old & boring to have the same old walking around zombies. What would be the point than a basic cash in of a boring remake? Instead, they used a new angle on things and it clearly worked.

I doubt you'll like certain parts of Land of the Dead then, cause some zombies will be evolved in more than one way. If you only like the basic boring walking zombies that is.

I find slow moving zombies to be better, because you underestimate them, you see a bunch of them and you think that you can just run through them but no, all of sudden you'll have them taking chunks of meat from you and eating you alive. you don't underestimate running zombies. and by the way, even if some zombies are evolved in land of the dead I won't mind that because I know that some of the zombies will be slow like on night, dawn , day. the dawn of the dead remake is good but the original movie will always be superior at least for die hard fans that watched the originals first.

zombie commando
04-18-2005, 05:18 AM

Better than 28 Days Later, and I'm not sure if I could compare it to Shaun of the Dead. That movie seemed more like a romantic comedy that just happend to have zombies in it. I loved the nods to the Living Dead films, but ultimately I consider it more of a comedy than a horror film so I have a hard time stacking it next to Dawn 04.

Franchise
04-18-2005, 10:45 AM
I think it's funny how we all heard about Day of the Dead: Contagium, but haven't seen much else. It's been a while since I've seen a good zombie flick.

atomic dog
04-18-2005, 10:56 AM
yeah, nothing after that 'trailer' and website.

zombie commando
04-18-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by atomic dog
yeah, nothing after that 'trailer' and website.
The webmaster working on the site quit. He was basically their main source of media exposure, so him quiting really set them back. I mean, when there is only one person working his ass off to sell hard nosed horror fans the concept of a Day sequel missing Romero it's probably a bad business move to piss in that one person's Cheerios.

Last I heard they were showing DOTD:C at horror conventions, but that was ages ago. Apparently the flick was so bad that everyone who ever saw it immediately threw themselves off the top of large buildings.

Actually, I'm just kidding about that. They all shot themselves.

complete
04-18-2005, 11:39 AM
the dawn of the dead remake is good but the original movie will always be superior at least for die hard fans that watched the originals first.

Cool, see, that's where I differ from most of you. I'm no where near a die hard films. I only like the 2 remakes and the original Dawn. The rest, IMO, are terrible films, lol.

zombie commando
04-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Cool, see, that's where I differ from most of you. I'm no where near a die hard films. I only like the 2 remakes and the original Dawn. The rest, IMO, are terrible films, lol. Yeah, but you also don't like Evil Dead so I'll take your opinion on horror movies with a gigantic dose of salt. No offense man, your tastes are just very different from mine.

complete
04-18-2005, 12:00 PM
Yeah, but you also don't like Evil Dead so I'll take your opinion on horror movies with a gigantic dose of salt. No offense man, your tastes are just very different from mine.

lol! I feel exactly the same way back. Our tastes are clearly different. I just can't stand slow paced films. I mean, NotlD original actually sent me to sleep. That's how bored I was watching it.

Now, Dawn, perfect film. It was great. Then there was Day...

And Evil Dead? Those films are soooooooo corny to me. I watched Army of Darkness... IMO, what a load of crap, lol.

Now, good films like Dawn, Shaun, 28 Days etc, they're the zombie films I like to watch. Story AND good paced action.

But hey, to each his own.

bloody_pumpkin
04-19-2005, 02:25 PM
lol! I feel exactly the same way back. Our tastes are clearly different. I just can't stand slow paced films. I mean, NotlD original actually sent me to sleep. That's how bored I was watching it.

Now, Dawn, perfect film. It was great. Then there was Day...

And Evil Dead? Those films are soooooooo corny to me. I watched Army of Darkness... IMO, what a load of crap, lol.

Now, good films like Dawn, Shaun, 28 Days etc, they're the zombie films I like to watch. Story AND good paced action.

But hey, to each his own.

exactly, just because you don't like a film it doesn't mean it's bad, the same way I can't say that the dawn remake is bad just because I don't like it. just like a lot of people like the remake of dawn there's also a lot of people that like the original dawn, just like you said, to each his own

complete
04-19-2005, 02:29 PM
exactly, just because you don't like a film it doesn't mean it's bad, the same way I can't say that the dawn remake is bad just because I don't like it. just like a lot of people like the remake of dawn there's also a lot of people that like the original dawn, just like you said, to each his own

Exactly. A guy who understands that just because I dislike a movie, doesn't mean I have poor taste.

And I did love the original Dawn, great film.

zombie commando
04-29-2005, 06:49 AM
exactly, just because you don't like a film it doesn't mean it's bad, the same way I can't say that the dawn remake is bad just because I don't like it. just like a lot of people like the remake of dawn there's also a lot of people that like the original dawn, just like you said, to each his own You can judge a movie on it's individual merits and deem it bad though...but like you said it's very subjective. I'd rather talk about the meanings that a movie conveys....it's subtext.

slasherfan
05-05-2005, 10:25 PM
I loved this one and the original. It can't compare to the original, but if you just forget about that and watch the movie, it is a really fun flick.

Darkseid
05-05-2005, 11:22 PM
The remake is a big step up. It's way scarier and faster paced than the original.

zombie commando
05-06-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Darkseid
The remake is a big step up. It's way scarier and faster paced than the original. Faster paced doesn't mean better in my book. The remake is cool, I loved it, but it didn't have the depth and meaning of the original.

Darkseid
05-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Yeah i heard the original has some deep meaning about consumerism and i don't really care.

Chomp_on_this
05-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Yeah i heard the original has some deep meaning about consumerism and i don't really care.

You should.

boogeyman87
05-06-2005, 06:47 PM

Like Brian said, you should care. God should you care. Tell me you dont like to have a deeper greater meaning behind a horror movie? Eh?

bloody_pumpkin
05-06-2005, 11:11 PM
Faster paced doesn't mean better in my book. The remake is cool, I loved it, but it didn't have the depth and meaning of the original.

I agree with you. The original is the best one and fast paced doesn't mean that it's going to be any better.

TheShape2005
05-07-2005, 01:02 AM
I agree with you. The original is the best one and fast paced doesn't mean that it's going to be any better.

yeah I would also go with the original film! it was the best by far! but in this one! the only thing that really got me off gard was that little girl in the first part of the film!! that made me jump back! and mostly I don't do that in a horror film!!

punkrocklove
05-21-2005, 12:55 PM
i like the remake

zombie commando
05-22-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by punkrocklove
i like the remake Very insightfull, thanks.

Hall9ween
05-22-2005, 02:41 PM
I remember when I first saw this in the cinemas, and after watching the first 15 minutes of seeing perfect surburbia turned to Hell overnight, just thinking "Now this is a fucking horror movie!"

Nightmare
06-03-2005, 09:05 AM
I loved this movie because it was worst and sorta best situation because worst- there were zombies waiting for them to kill them outside of a mall. Best- they were sealed in pretty tightly and they could do what ever the hell they wanted to(at least after they tied up them damn guards)!

complete
06-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Hall9ween
I remember when I first saw this in the cinemas, and after watching the first 15 minutes of seeing perfect surburbia turned to Hell overnight, just thinking "Now this is a fucking horror movie!"

That's what I loved about it. The fast pace. The fact that it all kicked off literally after 5 mins in that woman's house with her husband & the girl-zombie. Then leading in for the whole hell-in-the-suruburbs was amazing. After those first 10-15 mins, I was well into the movie.

slasherfan
06-03-2005, 09:04 PM
That's what I loved about it. The fast pace. The fact that it all kicked off literally after 5 mins in that woman's house with her husband & the girl-zombie. Then leading in for the whole hell-in-the-suruburbs was amazing. After those first 10-15 mins, I was well into the movie.

Agreed. And the scene with the little girl was one of my favorites. It definately set the tone for the rest of the movie.

LegendKiller
06-17-2005, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by slasherfan
Agreed. And the scene with the little girl was one of my favorites. It definately set the tone for the rest of the movie.
I couldnt have said it better myself,this movie is great and i think it will end up being my favorite zombie movie(along with the original),land of the dead remake looks good or dare i say ok but just doesnt really seem like it will be better than dawn of the dead

Roswell
06-17-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by LegendKiller
land of the dead remake looks good or dare i say ok but just doesnt really seem like it will be better than dawn of the dead

Land of the Dead isn't a remake. It's a new film in the series.

LegendKiller
06-17-2005, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Mark Warner
Land of the Dead isn't a remake. It's a new film in the series.
Ahhhh...I meant the new land of the dead,and the dawn of the dead remake,come man its like 10;30 in the morning and ive still yet to get some sleep,cut me some slack

Roswell
06-17-2005, 10:34 AM
Ahhhh...I meant the new land of the dead,and the dawn of the dead remake,come man its like 10;30 in the morning and ive still yet to get some sleep,cut me some slack

*Cuts LegendKiller some slacks*

LegendKiller
06-18-2005, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Mark Warner
*Cut's LegendKiller some slacks*
Thanks for the slacks

zombie commando
06-22-2005, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the slacks Can I have some slacks too?

LegendKiller
06-22-2005, 09:38 AM
Can I have some slacks too?
Im a nice guy,ill see what i can do

Franchise
06-22-2005, 11:13 AM
I'll take a sport jacket...

LegendKiller
06-22-2005, 11:15 AM
I'll take a sport jacket...
What team would you like,any special logos,i can also put your name on it but thatll cost you

Franchise
06-22-2005, 11:17 AM
What team would you like,any special logos,i can also put your name on it but thatll cost you

I'm a Cubs fan, so I'll take that and my name on the sleeve. Can it have a pull out liner too? I like those.

LegendKiller
06-22-2005, 11:18 AM
I'm a Cubs fan, so I'll take that and my name on the sleeve. Can it have a pull out liner too? I like those.
If the liners fleece then that will not be a problem.that also will cost you though

lauriestrode
06-25-2005, 12:29 AM
I liked this movie but hated the ending!

spring heel
06-30-2005, 10:37 PM
I thought it was a great zombie flick, although very far removed from Romeros work. There was no social commentary what so ever, I liked the cast, I liked the pacing and the zombies were damn cool, I could care less if zombies run or shuffle its all about the execution of the movie. And they pulled off a great survivor story, with great effects and likable characters. In fact I thought it made sense the zombies could run at first but as the weeks went on they should have slowed down w/ there bodies rotting and what not. My favorite part of the film was the opening I loved how the epidemic took everyone by surprise and we saw the chaos and confusion thru Sarah Polly eyes. And the opening credits to the tune of Johnny Cash really set the mood for me

zombie commando
07-01-2005, 04:37 AM
The first ten minutes of this film really are some of the most intense, visceral moments in cinematic history....and anybody who doesn't like Johny Cash needs an acid enema.

boogeyman87
07-01-2005, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by spring heel
I thought it was a great zombie flick, although very far removed from Romeros work. There was no social commentary what so ever, I liked the cast, I liked the pacing and the zombies were damn cool, I could care less if zombies run or shuffle its all about the execution of the movie. And they pulled off a great survivor story, with great effects and likable characters. In fact I thought it made sense the zombies could run at first but as the weeks went on they should have slowed down w/ there bodies rotting and what not. My favorite part of the film was the opening I loved how the epidemic took everyone by surprise and we saw the chaos and confusion thru Sarah Polly eyes. And the opening credits to the tune of Johnny Cash really set the mood for me

Well, I hate to just pick and choose posts from the thread to enlighten you but Michael and Brian really had the answers here...on social commentary.

Dawn ’04 may lack a true social commentary, but a few things became apparent to me recently so I thought I’d share.

One thing I noticed right away is the TV evangelist, played by Ken Foree, spoke of who was responsible for God to forsake us this way.
Post 9/11 TV evangelist, Jerry Falwell, blamed the gays, abortionists, etc as the ones who were responsible for God to allow the attack to occur. He stated 'God gave us what we deserve'. In the film Ken says, "And how will our God judge us? Now we know".
They follow the notion that when death and destruction are in line, it is society's sins that are responsible.

Heck, the speed of the film itself represents our society; we are a go-go nation that lacks sleep, hyped up on caffeine and demand to receive everything at top speed. Force feed us the information- we have no time to comprehend cryptic messages. This change in pace from the 1978 version is evidence of this.

Abortion being another issue at hand. In Dawn 04, we know perfectly well the mother is infected and the child will surely be dead as well. The father is Andre who is a supposed ‘reformed’ criminal, likely to be unable to fully support the child- expose it to a life of violence and pain, as that is the life he has only led.
The dead child symbolizes the doomed fate it always had at conception.

I read a review of Dawn of the Dead on this Christian movie review site (http://www.hollywoodjesus.com/dawn_of_dead.htm) . No, it wasn't your typical run of the mill over-sensitive site that puts down everything violent and gory. It actually examines film and creates connections with in a scripture context. In the end they recommended the movie.

“While in the 'Crossroads Mall', each character has to come to a crossroads in his or her own life. We see a number of characters that I actually found quite attractive and representative of society. Without giving away too much of the story [I don't like spoilers], there is one character who we see at first as a rude, self-centered, obnoxious individual. Be sure to note how, throughout the movie, this one individual changes, demonstrating the truth that often those we don't think much of actually do have the ability to change. Gunn and Romero in the original seem to be telling us, “Don't give up hope for people. What you see initially may not be what an individual can ultimately become.” Of course, this works both ways. Individuals who first appear to be fun, loving, caring, can often times end up being people who lead to death and destruction.”

Also, an 'enlightening' take on the character Michael.

"There is also the ultimate hero, played by Jake Weber in the part of Michael. Michael is the sort of individual who seems always to have the best interests of others at heart. You never see him indulging in any actions that would destroy the living, only the dead. He is kind and gentle, and is one who understands and struggles with loss. He is also one who seems to have more peace than any other character in the movie. He is in many regards a Christ figure. He loves and cares, and is willing to sacrifice himself to save the many. He seems to be comfortable with the decisions he makes and with his future. We see this especially at the point where he allows the others to continue their journey towards freedom, the freedom to make wise or foolish decisions. Just when the audience believes that everything is now okay, we are reminded throughout the closing credits that even though we have been provided a deliverer, a savior, we still need to make wise decisions ourselves -- and we are responsible for the decisions we make. Unfortunately, this group does not make those appropriate decisions. For those not familiar with zombie films or George A. Romero, I will say that James Gunn holds true to the concept that far more times than not, you don't survive the zombie."

I watched the remake just the other night by myself this time, and I noticed SOME spots of satire and symbolism throughout the movie. They were no way near as strong as the views expressed in the original but there were a few I picked up on. Ken Foree's portrayal of the finger-pointing preacher was very satiristic of how some of the religious followers blame atrocities on the gays and people who abort babies. I picked up on that one.

One more example of symbolism I found in the remake was, the destroying of the "zombie baby". I felt Zack was trying to display to the audience that abortion is at times is infact alright. I mean if the gang would have kept that baby alive, they would have ran the risk of someone getting killed....just like in the scenerio of mother who will die if she goes into labor. If this mother gives birth to this child, she WILL die. So aborting the baby, might be the correct solution to that problem.

While not as strong on the original's social commentary it still is by no means a flat movie completely lacking depth.

spring heel
07-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by boogeyman87
Well, I hate to just pick and choose posts from the thread to enlighten you but Michael and Brian really had the answers here...on social commentary.

While not as strong on the original's social commentary it still is by no means a flat movie completely lacking depth.

Id have to disaggre I dont think they were saying anything about abortion, I think it was more like Zombie baby- creepy ! As far as the preacher and the crossroads mall yes somthing is being said, but overall very glib. the biggest example of social commentary was the undead flocking to the mall. but the original had that covered. Like I said I dug the flick thru and thru, but as far as messege it was weak and poorly executed.

spring heel
07-01-2005, 11:57 AM
The first ten minutes of this film really are some of the most intense, visceral moments in cinematic history....and anybody who doesn't like Johny Cash needs an acid enema.

agreed {ouch}

AsHl3y91
07-03-2005, 10:34 AM
i love the Dawn of the Dead remake. its really good! and house of the dead sucked!

writer93
08-15-2005, 07:11 AM
yeah, same here. i thought the remake of DOTD was awesome!

JohnClark
11-19-2005, 12:43 PM
i liked them both! i have the directors cut verson!

DarthBoy
02-08-2006, 08:19 AM
At first when i heard that "Dawn" was going to be remade two years ago, i was like "WHAT? they can't do that, the original was a masterpiece and one of my all time faves, why mess with something what isn't broke?" and i was with the other mob who were angry at the idea. Then when i saw the teaser and trailer, i was like "shouldn't be so bad" then i went to see it and i instantly loved it, i saw it twice in the theater.

A well done remake of Romero's masterpiece and was just as good as the 1990 "Night of the Living Dead" remake. Anyone thinks the running zombies in this movie were remescence of the ones from Umberto Lenzi's "Nightmare City" ( a.k.a. City of the Walking Dead), "Return of the Living Dead Trilogy", " The Stuff", "Lifeforce", and " Zombi 3"? and anyone thought the idea of the zombie infant is kind of like on "Let Sleeping Corpses Lie" and " Zombi 3"?

3pidemiC
02-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Heh, yeah...it actually did remind be of "Zombi 3".

Oh man, and was "City of the Walking Dead" a horrible...HORRIBLE movie...wow.

I think that the Dawn of the Dead remake should have been just titled something different. The Night of the Living Dead kept true to Romero's formula. The whole running zombies thing was pretty well done, I just don't think it should be really associated with Romero's work. The only similarities with the two movies was that they both take place (mostly) in a mall. Although, the remake's mall was used very well..and didn't effect the story much.

discvader
02-09-2006, 07:48 AM
I like the remake, but I really don't care for the characters, like I do in the original. Definitely one of the better remakes!!!:)

zombie commando
02-13-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by lauriestrode
I liked this movie but hated the ending!

I loved the ending collage. It's a horror movie, things don't always have to end on a good note.

benluvin
02-13-2006, 03:53 PM
I loved the ending collage. It's a horror movie, things don't always have to end on a good note.

That's how I see it. I liked it to. I think we need more endings where it ends in misery. It makes ppl leave the theatre in more of a shock.

Samo
02-13-2006, 10:43 PM
I remember when it came out and I went to see it at the theatre on the second night that it was released with a couple of my friends. We left the theatre very satisfy with the whole movie overall. We went to a local McDonald and we all were discussing about the movie and the ending, but we didn't stay after the during the credits. Later on that night we went to one of our friend's house and we told him we enjoyed the movie and we were discussing about the ending with him and he asked if we stayed and saw what happened to them. We said yeah, they survived and he looked at us shocked and told us to sit there during the credits becuase we were missing out on some pretty good stuff. Two days after that an ex co-worker said the samething to me and told me I have to see it for myself. I finally saw it when it came on DVD and I have to say that the ending was pretty damn gruesome, but yet pretty good, not your typical Hollywood ending.

Chaos 34
03-12-2006, 11:22 AM
If they could of only of picked some more better music for the ending. DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS? OH MY GOD.

hallobabe25
03-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Chaos 34
If they could of only of picked some more better music for the ending. DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS? OH MY GOD.

haha, that's hilarious.

Anyway, I love the remake, crappy music or not, :)

Beamo
04-02-2006, 08:05 AM
This was a great remake. I would rate it as one of my fav zombie flicks

Nightmareman88
04-12-2006, 05:57 AM
DOTD 04' are one of the better horror remakes of our kind, and as well Zombie flicks. It does a number one job in both pace and enjoyment without naildragging yourself and the first 15 minutes with the opening credits, is pure excellent, althought still its not an amazing film by any stretch, neither does it come close to the original masterpiece of GAR.

mr32
12-17-2006, 02:39 PM
I loved it

Freddy_666
12-24-2006, 11:38 PM
Dawn Of The Dead remake is a good film, it was succeeds with great success.

Thac
12-24-2006, 11:39 PM
I thought it was a great thrill ride. I'll always prefer the original but I don't mind having them side-by-side.

myersfan89
12-31-2006, 01:42 PM
dawn of the dead remake is my favorite zombie movie..

zombiecamp
01-09-2007, 09:06 PM
DOTD 2004 - worth immersing oneself in and it doesn't step on any other film's toes... except for 28 Days Later (it basically copies the zombie style of that movie).

deck56
01-10-2007, 06:27 PM
i agree, this movie was cool. it didn't and hasn't taken away my love of the original by any means. a fun action packed flick

Deathtroit
01-13-2007, 12:20 PM
that movie rocks, especially for 1st time zombie viewers

Beamo
01-13-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm not a fan of zombie films, but i did like the 2004 DD.

Sarah Polley is a great actor and I thought she was perfectly cast.

myersfan1348
01-17-2007, 07:22 AM
I liked the remake, loved the cast and the gore as well. I'de say it probably brought alot of attention to younger auidences, to see the original. I like the original better, cause hey its the original! But this one was very good for a remake.

Khan
03-06-2007, 02:18 PM
I like the movie, but as a stand alone film, not a remake.

zombie commando
04-20-2007, 06:41 AM
I like the movie, but as a stand alone film, not a remake.

I don't care if it cashes in on the same name. The movie is fun and fast paced. I bet the decision to call it a "remake" came from the execs trying to squeeze more cabbage out of it. If you can't appreciate it on it's own merits then loosen up you sphincter with a ping pong paddle.

bucky01403
04-23-2007, 05:27 AM
Total shit.

mr32
05-09-2007, 08:13 AM
This movie was not bad, it was a good move. A Great Remake.

Khan
05-29-2007, 01:28 PM
I don't care if it cashes in on the same name. The movie is fun and fast paced. I bet the decision to call it a "remake" came from the execs trying to squeeze more cabbage out of it. If you can't appreciate it on it's own merits then loosen up you sphincter with a ping pong paddle.

I enjoy it as well, aside from the zombie baby and sprinter zombies.

It was the movie that got me into zombie movies.

HORRORCHIC
05-29-2007, 08:00 PM
I liked the remake alot but sadly I have never seen the origional!! Im gonna have to check it out soon

WhiteZombie
05-30-2007, 04:03 AM
I liked the remake alot but sadly I have never seen the origional!! Im gonna have to check it out soon

Shit yeah, get on that. Problably my personal 2nd favorite movie.

zombie commando
05-30-2007, 04:09 AM
Shit yeah, get on that. Problably my personal 2nd favorite movie.

Definitely a must see for any zombie horror fan. It's one of the first movies I saw that got me into horror in general, along with Halloween of course. ;)

WhiteZombie
05-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Definitely a must see for any zombie horror fan. It's one of the first movies I saw that got me into horror in general, along with Halloween of course. ;)

Me too. My Dad loves them both, so I grew up with them.

Khan
05-31-2007, 02:55 AM

Go see it!

Buy the Ultimate Edition!

Mr.Garrett81
06-03-2007, 07:59 PM
I've always heard that the actings is kinda cheesy and the soundtrack is much to be desired

Rich
06-14-2007, 07:40 PM
I thought this movie sucked big time. I can not even call those things zombies, as they ran so fast they were able to keep up with a vehicle when the driver is flooring it. It was so lame. The story was dumb too. I didn't like any of the characters either.

Khan
06-23-2007, 07:41 PM
This was the movie that made me a zombie fanatic, so it will always hold a special place for me.

wyatt s
06-25-2007, 01:34 PM
This was the movie that made me a zombie fanatic, so it will always hold a special place for me.

The Dawn remake made you a zombie fanatic?

anyway, I just viewed this film again and I have to say that if taken as it's own thing (which is hard to do with remakes I know) it's not really that bad a film. In fact it's pretty good. It's not really a Dawn of the Dead remake as much as it's almost an unofficial sequel to 28 days Later, and I'm sure I'll get flamed by fans of 28 days for saying that but I truly believe it. There are moments that are pretty rediculous but for the most part I like it. I actually like the Pho-news cast in the DVD special features more than the actual movie though, despite it's terrible acting.

Khan
06-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Back in 2004, I has joined the Zombie Army, which was the official promotional site for the Dawn remake,which got me hooked on message boards.

I was one of those people who saw the remake before the original, but I ended up putting the original at the top of my favorite movies of all time.

I view it as a separate film on the grounds that it has only zombies and a mall in common with the original.

wyatt s
06-25-2007, 01:45 PM
I was one of those people who saw the remake before the original, but I ended up putting the original at the top of my favorite movies of all time.

So many times I wish I could have had that experience. That would have been cool I think, it's tantamount to the people who had never seen the Star Wars movies and were able to watch them in order, instead of seeing the original films and knowing pretty much everything that would happen in the prequels.

Khan
06-25-2007, 01:54 PM
To me, getting people hooked on the original movies is the sole benefit of remakes.

mcilroga
06-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Honestly, the original Night Of The Living Dead is better than the original Dawn Of The Dead, in my opinion. I digress though, the first one is still a classic horror film, one I haven't seen in a good while. I'll agree with most and say the remake (as most do) sucked big time.

wyatt s
06-25-2007, 01:58 PM
To me, getting people hooked on the original movies is the sole benefit of remakes.

I can agree to with that, for the mot part. Some remakes are of course good enough to be considered classics in their own right though.

Honestly, the original Night Of The Living Dead is better than the original Dawn Of The Dead, in my opinion.

same here, I like the gritty feeling of that movie. Although as of late I've been digging the remake of NOTLD more than the original.

Khan
06-25-2007, 02:11 PM
I can agree to with that, for the mot part. Some remakes are of course good enough to be considered classics in their own right though.

Carpenter's The Thing is a good example

same here, I like the gritty feeling of that movie. Although as of late I've been digging the remake of NOTLD more than the original.

The original is a landmark for horror, but I do prefer the remake Barbara.

Silverpsycho
06-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Back in 2004, I has joined the Zombie Army, which was the official promotional site for the Dawn remake,which got me hooked on message boards.

I view it as a separate film on the grounds that it has only zombies and a mall in common with the original.
Yeah, I too am with Jeremy here. When the remake was on its way, I got an interest in the original Dawn so I went out and bought the dvd because of a sale. I got hooked on that, then ran into the Zombie Army promoting the remake. Sadly, it took me awhile to really get into the remake because I truly hated it at first. Over time, I have gradually grown to like it more and more but it will NEVER be better or on par with the original. It's a fun movie by itself, but I give it credit for getting me into the original...that's for sure.

Plus, the Night remake was actually the very first zombie film I had ever seen and while I will totally admit that the original is a much better film, I prefer the remake. The second Barbara is kickass! :D

Khan
06-27-2007, 01:48 PM
The remake Barbara is far better.

Meeting nice people like Liz here was one of the perks of becoming a horror fan.

Muse
06-27-2007, 02:23 PM

Ooh, really? I didn't like her character from either. Original, just really really badly acted. Remake, just, meh, wasn't the same character, and I thought it didn't really work aswell. I can't say I prefer either, because I just think the were both pretty bad.

As for which was a better movie I've got to say the original. It's a classic. As much as I consider the remake to be underrated, I've got to say the original cannot be beaten. Although the acting, from one or two, can be pretty dim, and the action isn't phenomenal, overall, I consider it a much better made movie. I actually think the black and white adds to it too. Makes me love it so much more.

And actually on topic of Dawn (2004). It's pretty good, I must say, as a movie. As a remake... meh. Maybe they should've decided to change the plot a little more and got away with a seperate new movie, inspired by Dawn, and not take the name to earn extra cash. Although, it's a fun movie, it will never match the original. The character development, the struggle, the emotion involved in the original is fantastic, and thats taken away in the remake for a bit of extra action and gore. Both great movies. Dawn (78) better overall movie, although both are fun films to sit down and watch.

Khan
06-28-2007, 11:43 AM
I consider it a seperate zombie movie.

Silverpsycho
06-28-2007, 12:16 PM

Meeting nice people like Liz here was one of the perks of becoming a horror fan.

Aww, you just totally made my day. :)

I actually want to say the same thing really because joining the Zombie Army really made me a hardcore zombie fanatic with all the cool people I met. Jeremy it has been a pleasure and one of the main reasons I still am obsessed with zombies is because of fun discussions with friends like you. I just wish we weren't so spread far apart because it would be awesome to attend a convention with you and other fans. Maybe someday...one can hope.

As for the Barbara thing, I really like the psychotic updated Barbara because she is so drastically different from the original. However, I don't feel the old Barbara was done poorly, as that is how some people would have truly responded to a situation around that point in time. The old Barbara was weak, pathetic and needed to be taken care of. The new revamped Barbara kind of showed the progression of female strength and that times have changed. I used to hate the old Barbara and how Judith O' Dea portrayed her but now I think of it differently and I can appreciate the character...even though I still don't really favor her.

Shamrock-Robot
07-21-2007, 04:04 AM
The Dawn remake was great, I liked how it didnt try and copy the original scene for scene, It almost feels like a whole different zombie movie, And thats the way I look at it.

samhain51
07-21-2007, 05:42 AM
I never saw this movie I dont know why but I cant get into Zombie movies too much!

Khan
07-21-2007, 07:19 AM
The Dawn remake was great, I liked how it didnt try and copy the original scene for scene, It almost feels like a whole different zombie movie, And thats the way I look at it.

Same for me.

Shamrock-Robot
07-21-2007, 03:54 PM
I never saw this movie I dont know why but I cant get into Zombie movies too much!

Zombie movies are some of the funnest horror films to watch, Try checking out all of Romeros dead films, and the remakes of NOTLD and DOTD.

Khan
07-21-2007, 03:56 PM
If I was only allowed to watch one kind of horror film, it would be zombie movies.

Shamrock-Robot
07-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Me too.

WhiteZombie
07-22-2007, 06:45 AM
Shit that'd be tough. I love slashers just as much as zombies.

brain eater
07-22-2007, 07:02 AM
I like watching the Dawn remake sometimes, but it is overrated like I said in another thread. This film gets way more credit then it really deserves.

Shamrock-Robot
07-23-2007, 01:59 AM
Its a decent movie.

cinezombi
07-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Despite what everyone says James Gunn did an excellent job on writing the screenplay, Zack Synider is a great director, and the actors/actresses and special fx was right on. Great film all around. I thought it was more of an addition and updating of the story.

Khan
07-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Zack Snyder is incredibly talented.

He succeeded with the Dawn remake, then had a hit with 300.

WhiteZombie
07-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Zack Snyder is incredibly talented.

He succeeded with the Dawn remake, then had a hit with 300.

Yeah. He is a fairly decent Director.

Shamrock-Robot
07-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Im looking foward to his next Zombie film whenever it gets off the ground.

WhiteZombie
07-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Im looking foward to his next Zombie film whenever it gets off the ground.

Yeah me too, Ill definetly check it out

Shamrock-Robot
07-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Its gonna be called Army Of The Dead.

wyatt s
08-04-2007, 07:58 PM
I was just watching the fake news cast on the DVD special features. I really like it. If I'm in the right mood I can actually enjoy it more so than the movie itself, despite the obvious C-grade acting. I think this concept could actually make a really interesting film.

Fiberawptic
09-11-2007, 04:50 PM
its a very fun movie to watch. I enjoyed it and wasnt dissapointed. Only prob is,,,,is everytime i see it, i get in an extreme mood to go on the roof of my building with a sniper and start sniping people... but luckily i dont own a weapon nor are there zombies outside my house :(

Very good popcorn movie... if you dont loose your appitite to eat...

Khan
09-11-2007, 04:56 PM

I think you mean Diary Of The Dead.

Very good popcorn movie... if you dont loose your appitite to eat...

I agree with that statement.

wyatt s
09-11-2007, 04:59 PM
but luckily i dont own a weapon nor are there zombies outside my house

One day my friend...one day

Khan
09-11-2007, 05:02 PM
I think it is possible.

Wyatt, if you need any good screen caps from House By The Cemetery, I can take them for you.

wyatt s
09-11-2007, 05:35 PM
I think it is possible.

Yeah, especially when you think about the sorts of things we're doing right now in the science and medical fields. Some very "Resident Evil" type shit is actually going on right now. I live in constant fear that one day I'll look out the window and a rotted corpse will be coming to knock on my door :nodsmile:

Wyatt, if you need any good screen caps from House By The Cemetery, I can take them for you.

Hey, now that would be quite awsome of you! :yeah:

Khan
09-11-2007, 05:37 PM
PM me what scene you want caps of.

I also think that the scientists playing God could screw up and start the plague.

wyatt s
09-11-2007, 05:43 PM
PM me what scene you want caps of.

I'll watch the movie to see what I like, and I'll PM you sometime tomorrow. That work?

Khan
09-11-2007, 05:44 PM
I'll watch the movie to see what I like, and I'll PM you sometime tomorrow. That work?

Sounds good to me.:nodsmile:

zombie commando
09-20-2007, 09:19 AM

He's doing The Watchmen next instead.

Khan
09-20-2007, 11:03 AM
He was also asked by Bob and Harvey if he wanted to do a sequel to Diary.

FooFighters
09-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Great great film. Love those buses!

Mr. Bruce
10-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Don't you think it was kind of dumb to leave the mall come on now you could of killed all of the zombies comming into the mall area and made a wall so none of 'em could of gotten in hit up the local town area and cleaned it all out and could of been living in style?

WhiteZombie
10-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Don't you think it was kind of dumb to leave the mall come on now you could of killed all of the zombies comming into the mall area and made a wall so none of 'em could of gotten in hit up the local town area and cleaned it all out and could of been living in style?

They were running out of shit. Especially after the last batch of people got there, the food supply wont last forever.

Mr. Bruce
10-07-2007, 05:18 AM
They were running out of shit. Especially after the last batch of people got there, the food supply wont last forever.

That's why I said build a wall and hit up the local town for suppiles... Could of easily of turned the top of the ruff of the mall into a growing department. It's not hard to farm shit.

wyatt s
10-07-2007, 05:43 AM
That's why I said build a wall and hit up the local town for suppiles... Could of easily of turned the top of the ruff of the mall into a growing department. It's not hard to farm shit.

Eventually you're probably going to lose your water supply, and you can't solely on rain. Holding up in one place for too long during the Zombie apocalypse is just as dangerous as being constantly on the run.

Mr. Bruce
10-07-2007, 05:50 AM
Eventually you're probably going to lose your water supply, and you can't solely on rain. Holding up in one place for too long during the Zombie apocalypse is just as dangerous as being constantly on the run.Malls have water fountions.

wyatt s
10-07-2007, 05:53 AM
yes, but running water is is often run by electricity and especially in public places. Eventually that electricity, or what ever it is that supplies the running water, is going to be cut. Then you are let with no water once again. You could make the mall habitable for a while but certainly not indefinately and you'd be wise to leave before it's too late

Mr. Bruce
10-07-2007, 06:03 AM
yes, but running water is is often run by electricity and especially in public places. Eventually that electricity, or what ever it is that supplies the running water, is going to be cut. Then you are let with no water once again. You could make the mall habitable for a while but certainly not indefinately and you'd be wise to leave before it's too lateWell what I know for a fact is the people from the movie would have lasted a lot longer staying in the mall then leaving and moving on to somewhere else. If the fuckers didn't let the zombies in I would of stayed behind and been living large on my own. Could easily go out to the local area and take all of the free bottels of water you want I don't the think the zombies are going to be drinking it. :bastard:

wyatt s
10-07-2007, 06:07 AM
Well what I know for a fact is the people from the movie would have lasted a lot longer staying in the mall then leaving and moving on to somewhere else. If the fuckers didn't let the zombies in I would of stayed behind and been living large on my own. Could easily go out to the local area and take all of the free bottels of water you want I don't the think the zombies are going to be drinking it. :bastard:

No the zombies won't be drinking it, but I'm pretty sure it was already established that they were running low on supplies and there were what looked to be thousands if not millions of zombies just outside the mall that you would have had to make your way through every time you wanted to raid the local area.

Mr. Bruce
10-07-2007, 06:10 AM
No the zombies won't be drinking it, but I'm pretty sure it was already established that they were running low on supplies and there were what looked to be thousands if not millions of zombies just outside the mall that you would have had to make your way through every time you wanted to raid the local area.They should of just headed towards Canada nobody lives up their anyways.

wyatt s
10-07-2007, 06:14 AM
Now that's just silly, I'm pretty sure the film was made in Canada.

ThornMember83
10-07-2007, 06:36 AM
This is the flim that really started all this remake BS. Anyway the movie was good for what it was. It took the basic idea of Romero's Dawn and tweaked it to make it a different type of story which was good. It you do not try and compare it to Romero's Dawn it was a good flick.

wyatt s
10-07-2007, 06:38 AM
This is the flim that really started all this remake BS. Anyway the movie was good for what it was. It took the basic idea of Romero's Dawn and tweaked it to make it a different type of story which was good. It you do not try and compare it to Romero's Dawn it was a good flick.

Yeah that's true. Taken as it's own thing this film is a really fun ride and a very enjoyable zombie flick with some pretty awesome gore. But if you tried to compare it with the seminal work that was Romero's original film, well then damn is it terrible.

Mr. Bruce
10-07-2007, 06:39 AM
Now that's just silly, I'm pretty sure the film was made in Canada.

You're right it was filmed in Canada. I didn't know that many Canadian's lived up their... Well okay Alaska.

wyatt s
10-07-2007, 06:42 AM
You're right it was filmed in Canada. I didn't know that many Canadian's lived up their... Well okay Alaska.

Well according to 30 Days of Night there are a lot of Vampires up there, and it's dark a lot of the time. Not much of an improvement, lol

Mr. Bruce
10-07-2007, 06:44 AM
Well according to 30 Days of Night there are a lot of Vampires up there, and it's dark a lot of the time. Not much of an improvement, lol
Its dark in winter and sunny all day and night in the summer months... Plus if they go up to Alaska they could get turned into Vampires and come for revenge against the Zombies.... Anybody ever seen the movie Zombies vs. Vampires GOD ITS HORRIBLE.

Dark Chaos
10-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Yes! It gives you a modern look on a Zombie attack! It is awesome.

F@@@inlovemyers
10-28-2007, 06:14 PM
i didn't much care for the remake i like the original. the remake wasn't much of a remake the only thing they remade was a group of people running from zombies and hiding in a shopping mall.

Khan
10-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Yeah, they really took it in another direction, and I liked it.

The Frightmaster
03-29-2009, 05:54 PM
This is probably one of my favorite remakes. I like how they took the same idea, but was able to make a completely different movie, not a carbon copy like some remakes.

Khan
03-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Zack Snyder is a good visual guy, but when adapting a source, isn't able to retain any meaning in the content.

300 is a really fun movie, but it is grossly inaccurate and the story is basic, but I don't really mind.

I still like the Dawn remake, but it missed all of the meaning and social significance of the original and stuck to the action.

I haven't seen Watchmen yet, but I am seeing the same critiques of it.

The Dark Knight
03-29-2009, 06:04 PM
I hate Snyder's "Olympic athlete" zombies. Shouldn't rigor mortis make zombies stiff and slow?

TouchMe4Money
03-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Zack Snyder is a good visual guy, but when adapting a source, isn't able to retain any meaning in the content.

it missed all of the meaning and social significance of the original and stuck to the action.
Thank you! I also felt, watching the movie, that there wasn't much smarts in it. I didn't get anything from it. And even in the case of action, 28 Days Later filled my stomach on that level.

Khan
03-29-2009, 06:06 PM
I hate Snyder's "Olympic athlete" zombies. Shouldn't rigor mortis make zombies stiff and slow?

Yes, their limbs would be snapping off in most other zombie movies.

Thank you! I also felt, watching the movie, that there wasn't much smarts in it. I didn't get anything from it. And even in the case of the action, 28 Days Later filled my stomach on that level.

I didn't mind the characters, but it wasn't nearly as deep.