PDA

View Full Version : Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead 2?

Rabbit in Red
11-24-2004, 10:46 PM
It's official that Universal is in talks with Snyder and Gun a possible sequel after selling 2 million dvds in the first week of release. The only thing holding them back according to Snyder is that they created a world where the zombies win right off the bat...continuing from Dawn is going to be tough.
*This will not be a remake of Day of the Dead!*
So right now its just being called Dawn 2. What do you guys know about it and/ or think about it?

Donnie Darko
11-24-2004, 11:25 PM
i dont think its a bad idea at all, but they need a more creative name than DOTD2.

theres been enough confusion already

Superman
11-25-2004, 05:01 AM
I for one can't wait. That sounds great to me. Please post any new information you hear about this new flick.

Ska
11-25-2004, 05:45 AM
I din't mind the remake,hopefully they could expand and give the characters,well,a little more character...I hope its not just of them on the island at the end though...Thats pretty much the same premise as The remake.....

Mr. Bruce
11-25-2004, 05:55 AM
I think it would and could be good but they should of make it where the people quickly jump into the water and get away from the Zombies and then a boat comes by and picks them up and go do something else or fight for the island. BOOOM BITCH!!!

It's Neal
11-25-2004, 09:11 AM
Yeah I think a sequel would be cool. I was going to put a thread up about this the other day but thought it was too far ahead. But yeah, have them fight for the Island. Or have there be people on the island who live there, and then tell their story.

Hall9ween
11-25-2004, 09:23 AM
I would like to see a Zack Snyder sequel to his Dawn of the Dead. I liked his modern take on the story. I agree though, they need something new, like trying to take over the island might be good, but then they are a bit isolated, and nothing happen. It may also be too similar to House of the Dead ... erm, that's bad by the way. Maybe find other people, and try to survive with them.

zombie commando
11-25-2004, 09:56 AM
Another adrenaline inducing action flick with zombies? I'm in. This time there will be nobody comparing the remake to the original, which frees up the film makers to do anything they want with the movie. Hopefully it be faced with less criticism than the first.

Ska
11-25-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando
Another adrenaline inducing action flick with zombies? I'm in. This time there will be nobody comparing the remake to the original, which frees up the film makers to do anything they want with the movie. Hopefully it be faced with less criticism than the first.

I agree....

boogeyman87
11-25-2004, 01:17 PM
For some reason , i'm not excited about this. I'd see it but i'm not really that interested in a sequal.

Blackesteyes
11-26-2004, 03:42 AM
I dont think they should do a straight off sequel to the remake, i took it that they all got killed by the zombies at the end. Another story from somewhere else would be cool.

Oliver
11-26-2004, 12:07 PM
Yeah, any stories following off from the island full of zombies seems grim. What I'm hoping is that they just re-do the time line and instead focus on another pocket of survivors as the virus spreads. They could re-use some of the news footage that they used in the first film and then document from another part of America.

Hell, I'd be well up for seeing the scene where the temporary safety base at Fort Paster is over run by the zombies.

Jackolantern99
11-26-2004, 12:29 PM
I'd like to see a story that breaks away from the main characters of the remake. Sorry guys, Sara Polley is zombie food.

Something taking place in a city or a high-rise building would be interesting. Or maybe the story of survivors journey to get away from the zombies, maybe in the wilderness and whatnot.

Beau
11-29-2004, 06:51 AM
I didn't think their really would be any story left for another film.
The black guy and women got away in the helicopter.
Mabey they could go somewere another shopping mall were Zombies are their too. Either way im very intrested to see how it plans out.

Jackolantern99
11-29-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Beau
I didn't think their really would be any story left for another film.
The black guy and women got away in the helicopter.
Mabey they could go somewere another shopping mall were Zombies are their too. Either way im very intrested to see how it plans out.

We're talking about a sequel to the REMAKE, child...

Hall9ween
11-29-2004, 04:36 PM
"Zack Snyder has been in talks with Universal to direct a sequel to Dawn of the Dead. This would be a sequel to the remake of the original, opposed to a remake of the sequel to the original (Day of the Dead), which would be an entirely different proposition."

Hope that hasn't confused you... ;)

Maxvayne
11-29-2004, 08:01 PM
I'm a little hazy on this one, it would be a much better decision to remake Day, then a Dawn 2. Snyder should go into making more originals (not that Day is, at all) then sequels later in time.

Chomp_on_this
11-29-2004, 08:21 PM
...or he could try his hand at somethin completely original.

A Dawn of the Dead sequal? I am a little hazy on the idea also. I would probably feel more comfortable with Day remake, but a sequal to Dawn?....shit, that just seems kinda stingy of the movie companies. Especially when Universal is also handeling Land of the Dead, which is the TRUE sequal to Dawn.

What the hell is with this shit...moive companies and makers cashing in on the success of unoriginality. A prequal to TCM remake, a sequal to Dawn remake...this is taking the annoyance of remakes to a whole new level.

Hall9ween
11-30-2004, 01:42 AM
I think they are making a sequel to the remake, rather than remaking 'Day...' because they think they will get less bad press. However, it may just add more fuel to the fire, as people say that it will ruin the continuity 'Dead' series, making it more complicated.

chuxdigital
11-30-2004, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Hall9ween
I think they are making a sequel to the remake, rather than remaking 'Day...' because they think they will get less bad press. However, it may just add more fuel to the fire, as people say that it will ruin the continuity 'Dead' series, making it more complicated.
yes, it was hard enough for me to explain that i was going to see a remake of a sequel. now when Dawn 2 is released (and i'm sure i'll be in line on the first day), i'll have to tell someone that i'm going to see a sequel to a remake of a sequel.

to make matters worse, people already think that the "Return of the Living Dead" series is some sort of continuation of Romero's story when, in fact, it's more of a spoof (and there will be ROTLD parts 4 & 5 out before Dawn 2).

then there's this whole "Day of the Dead: Contagium" problem: an unofficial prequel to the romero film, bearing the "official" title by the rights-holder... my head will explode!

for Dawn 2, i hope they use the same writer as Dawn 2004.

Blackesteyes
12-01-2004, 06:39 AM
Hopefully they wont fuck up too bad, shit who am i kidding, we're talking about hollywood. I'll go see it anyway, its not that confusing is it?

Nightmareman88
05-30-2005, 03:32 AM
Here are some pics of DOTD II that will come soon :)
has anyone els seen some pics?

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie-gallery/albums/userpics//Contagium01.jpg

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie-gallery/albums/userpics//Contagium02.JPG

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie-gallery/albums/userpics//Contagium03.jpg

zombie commando
05-30-2005, 04:51 AM
Perhaps it's my browser, but all I'm seeing are three red x's.

Nightmareman88
05-30-2005, 05:04 AM
what! thats strange because I can see the pics:confused:

ore it might just aswell be your browser

atomic dog
05-30-2005, 05:10 AM
it's from contagium.

Slapshot
05-30-2005, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Nightmareman88
what! thats strange because I can see the pics:confused:

ore it might just aswell be your browser

I can't see them either.

Silverpsycho
06-04-2005, 12:55 AM
I'd be up for a sequal to the remake since I have warmed up quite a bit to Zack Snyder's version...but, I still don't find it anywhere near the caliber of Romero. The sequal could be called Dead of the Dawn :D Well, it sounds better than just Dawn of the Dead 2...how boring. Either way, if the trailer for it looks good, then I'll be in the theatres when it's released.

Nightmareman88
06-04-2005, 01:18 AM
Does the pics work now?:)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/dotlasf.bmp

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/dotlaf.bmp

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/doltasd.bmp

Chomp_on_this
06-04-2005, 09:02 AM
I believe those pics are from DAY of the Dead: Contagium. Not from Snyder's DOTD 2.

Oliver
06-11-2005, 08:58 AM
I'd love to see this. I could do with seeing another film with the fast zombies. Don't get me wrong, I love the slow zombies, but there's so many films with them in. I'd far sooner see a sequel to Snyder's version of Dawn than a Day of the Dead re-make.

I'd imagine a sequel like this would end up with a new group of survivors (new characters) They've been through so many different types of scenarios now (including the mall twice!) I wouldn't mind seeing how the army cope with the zombie outbreak. In a large group with tanks and weapons, they'd probably be able to handle the zombies (even the running ones) but which troops would go nuts wondering about the well being of their families? Would they attempt top go back to their home land? Yeah, I think a zombie film with the army had to happen.

DREAMASTER
10-30-2005, 08:49 AM
Any update on this ?

Johnathon
10-30-2005, 10:06 AM
Well isn't the original Dawn of the Dead sort of a sequel to Night of the Living Dead? How would you make a sequel to a movie that was a sequel? Oh, whatever who cares. Though horror movies aren't doing that great at the box office anymore. Land of the Dead didn't really good, as well as the horror films that came out recently. They better make this one really good if they want some good box office intake.

DREAMASTER
10-31-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Johnathon
Well isn't the original Dawn of the Dead sort of a sequel to Night of the Living Dead? How would you make a sequel to a movie that was a sequel? Oh, whatever who cares. Though horror movies aren't doing that great at the box office anymore. Land of the Dead didn't really good, as well as the horror films that came out recently. They better make this one really good if they want some good box office intake.

Land of the Dead didn't sold well in the theaters in USA?!

mr32
05-09-2007, 08:41 AM
I looking forward to it if they get it off the ground.

Franchise
05-09-2007, 08:58 AM
You really don't need to go around and comment in every thread. I wish you luck, but all you're doing is getting on the bad side of moderators and getting old threads closed off.

mr32
05-09-2007, 09:38 AM
You really don't need to go around and comment in every thread. I wish you luck, but all you're doing is getting on the bad side of moderators and getting old threads closed off.

My bad

Franchise
05-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Don't worry about it too much. The staff here is a good bunch of people. They let it roll.

Rich
05-28-2007, 09:21 AM
As if the piece of crap remake wasn't bad enough, now we get more silly marathon running zombies. Oh joy. :crazy:

Khan
05-28-2007, 09:44 AM
I hope it isn't made.

cinezombi
07-28-2007, 02:14 PM
I got to ask James Gunn some questions recently and this is what he had to say about Dawn 2

CZ: Is there any plans of a Dawn of the Dead 2? If so, is Zack Snyder going to be any part of it?

JG: There is no sequel planned with me or anyone else, right now. Zack and I spent a day together discussing it and I just didn't want to do it. Zack lost energy shortly after. So you know, We were going to keep Ana and Kenneth alive. Then kill Ana off in the first scene.

Here is the rest of the Q&A

http://www.zombiefriends.com/interview/interview.asp?iid=4

The Dark Knight
07-28-2007, 02:23 PM
JG: There is no sequel planned with me or anyone else, right now. Zack and I spent a day together discussing it and I just didn't want to do it. Zack lost energy shortly after.

huge relief. its bad enough the DyOTD isn't a seqeul, but Dawn of the Dead 2?

Khan
07-28-2007, 02:25 PM
There is no need for it.

cinezombi
07-28-2007, 02:31 PM
He went on to talk about an independent company ( OFF The Record ) that wanted him to right a script for it. That the sequel would take place on a cruise ship. But they backed out and he was greatful for it. I don't think their is any plans for this film to be made.

The Dark Knight
07-28-2007, 02:36 PM
That the sequel would take place on a cruise ship.
*holds razor blade to wrist*

cinezombi
07-28-2007, 02:47 PM
*holds razor blade to wrist*

Exactly, Plane Dead was bad enough!!!:bow:

Roswell
07-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Hmm. That's a shame. I was hoping Snyder would return to what made him big in the first place.

Maybe in a few more years.

The Dark Knight
07-28-2007, 02:53 PM
why just stop at malls? spaceships, boats, school buses, you name it! zombies anywhere = pure terror (shit).

Khan
07-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Plane Dead is a fun movie, and is basically Snakes On A Plane with zombies.

wyatt s
07-28-2007, 07:31 PM
why just stop at malls? spaceships, boats, school buses, you name it! zombies anywhere = pure terror (shit).

I'll do you one better, I want to go back and remake a whole bunch of movies and turn them all into zombie outbreak films.

What could be better than watching Willy Wonka get ripped to pieces by a horde of zombified naughty children?

WhiteZombie
07-28-2007, 08:07 PM
I'll do you one better, I want to go back and remake a whole bunch of movies and turn them all into zombie outbreak films.

What could be better than watching Willy Wonka get ripped to pieces by a horde of zombified naughty children?

Sick. That'd be cool as hell.

The Warriors vs Zombies

Shamrock-Robot
07-29-2007, 02:47 AM
This is still happening, Its called Army Of The Dead.

Hellonearth
08-28-2007, 06:03 PM
when 2008?