PDA

View Full Version : George A Romeros Land of the Dead

Pages : [1] 2 3

Blackesteyes
09-20-2004, 11:53 AM
Thought i'd start a thread on this since there didnt seem to be one yet, i cant wait for this movie especially after looking at whos involved.

Roswell
09-20-2004, 02:37 PM
Take one look at my avatar and you'll see my opinion on this.

This film is going to be awesome. I said in thread a few days ago that I now anticipate Land of The Dead more than Halloween 9, because I know that with George Romero behind it all, it's going to be awesome, while with Halloween 9, I'm going in hoping to be blown away, but prepared to be disappointed.

Anyway, I just in the past months discovered George Romero's Dead trilogy (The Dawn remake was coming up, so I decided to look into it). Best decision I ever made! Dawn of The Dead (1978) is my favorite horror film of all time!

zombie commando
09-20-2004, 07:36 PM
I think my face is going to melt when I sit down to see this flick in the theater. I have been waiting awhile for it, and the mere mention of it makes me have funny feelings in my jeans.

Blackesteyes
09-21-2004, 03:40 PM
hell yeah, and i just know im gonna get pissed at some little punk ass fucker in the cinema who aint seen the rest and starts bitching about it, damn casual film fans lol. Have any of you (commando no doubt you will) seen the new "living dead barbara" comics? its cool as fuck, just came out a couple of weeks ago. i have a feeling its an intro to "land" as right at the end of the first comic you see the zombies outside the fortress!!!!! Check it out its fuckin great!

zombie commando
09-21-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Blackesteyes
hell yeah, and i just know im gonna get pissed at some little punk ass fucker in the cinema who aint seen the rest and starts bitching about it, damn casual film fans lol. Have any of you (commando no doubt you will) seen the new "living dead barbara" comics? its cool as fuck, just came out a couple of weeks ago. i have a feeling its an intro to "land" as right at the end of the first comic you see the zombies outside the fortress!!!!! Check it out its fuckin great!

Yup, I gots it.

Fun comic, but not nearly as good as Walking Dead or Remains. Toe Tags is coming out soon as well, that beast is being wrote by George Romero himself.....that's the one I am really hyped about.

Barbara's chronicles is alright, but I don't think it "officialy" has anything to do with Land of the Dead. The same comic company that produces it will be making a Leatherface and Howling comic down the road......be on the lookout for that!

NeewollaH
09-22-2004, 09:20 AM
Every time I think of this movie it's just kind of.........like melting. A Zombie Fan's dream, the biggest of them all, is finally coming true..

Soulless
09-22-2004, 09:52 AM
October 05 feels a lot farther away then it is. Land of the Dead is going to be great.

Hallowicked
09-22-2004, 12:37 PM
I can't wait for this release... I'll definitely be at the theater opening day for the first showing.

zombie commando
09-22-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Hallowicked
I can't wait for this release... I'll definitely be at the theater opening day for the first showing.

You and about 50 million other people!

Maxvayne
09-22-2004, 12:39 PM
Ill be cumming in my pant's once i'm in the theater's seeing this.

Hallowicked
09-22-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando
You and about 50 million other people!

Oh, you mean other people want to see this too? lol I know we all can't wait, this is going to be a great film.

zombie commando
09-24-2004, 05:21 AM
Interview with Romero at Rue Morgue's Festival of Fear in August.

Quote:
RR: When I spoke to Greg Nicotero he told me you guys were discussing the progress of zombie decay in Land of the Dead. Some of them will be farther along since this film picks up years later.

George Romero: We're going to show some of that, [in the film] people are still dying every day, so...

RR: Now you're in the process of casting, how's that going for you? Are you doing cattle call-like auditions?

GR: Some - in Los Angeles and here in Toronto. But it's a studio release so you've got to have somebody on the marquee.

RR: Well at the time of Dawn and Day of the Dead you were given a little leeway in regards to casting unknowns. I mean, everyone was virtually an unknown, so how much stretch is the studio given you?

GR: A lot. They want a couple of "names" and that's what we're looking for. They're simpatico. I wish I could tell you more but none of the deals are done.

(Sidenote: Romero would later revealed that Hooper was close to signing his contract and that he'd love to see Asia Argento also star.)

RR: What are your feelings on shooting in Toronto?

GR: I love the crews here. I shot Bruiser up here and it was the best experience I've ever had. Everybody was involved and into the film, so that was fabulous. But I have to say, as an American, I wish some more states would open up [to film productions]. I really wanted to shoot Land in Pittsburgh - just simply because of tradition. Pennsylvania is dancing around passing some legislation that I don't think any production company is gonna look at and think is great. I wish some of the states down there would get smart and do what Canada does in terms of rebates and all of that stuff because all you here down in L.A. is moaning about ‘Why is production running away?' First of all, it's great to shoot here. The cooperation level is unbelievable, the crews are dedicated, however, that's because there's work coming in! Down there it's pretty hard to do that. I wish some more states would pass reasonable legislation that would enable us to stay there and be competitive.

RR: And isn't there a stipulation that if you shoot here in Canada you can only hire Canadian actors?

GR: Yeah, that's great too. They're absolutely right to be doing what they're doing. It's great for the people who work in the industry up here.

RR: Between Bruiser and now what were you working on spec script-wise? Was there anything that was really personal and close to your chest?

GR: I was working for about a year and a half on a project that I was really in love with. Ed Harris got me involved with something called The Assassination, not a horror thing at all. It was a historical drama about the assassination of Trujillo in the Dominican Republic. It damn near got up and going, I was down in Puerto Rico for five weeks with, by the way, a Canadian d.p. - who worked on Bruiser. But it just blew up, we actually had Anthony Quinn and James Coburn attached to it and they both decided to leave. [laughs]

RR: You've got a story arc called The Death of Death kicking off DC Comics' Toe Tags, is that title going to be an on-going series for you?

GR: No, but if they call me up and ask me to do more I will say yes before they call. I loved doing it. They originally called me and asked for a six-issue series which will be a hardcover later on. They were looking for filmmakers to do contribute to Toe Tags. They called me up and asked if I wanted to do it and I was like, 'Are you kidding?'

RR: So obviously it was a good experience...

GR: It's great to be able to write stuff and you don't have to worry about how you're going to shoot it.

RR: That seems to be the general consensus for any of the guys working in horror comics right now. Rob Zombie said the same thing...

GR: You can do whatever you want, man! Berni Wrightson did the covers, Tommy Castillo illustrated the books...wow, I just loved the whole process. I loved everything about it.

RR: Did you have a tight turnaround to get the story done?

GR: Compared to film? There was plenty of time! By the standards that I'm used to it was fabulous. There was plenty of time to write them and I didn't have to sit down write it all at once. I could do a couple and the artists could get started.

RR: I just got the big mother Dawn of the Dead box set from Anchor Bay and it was great to see Christine (Romero) talking about the films along with the rest of you. She has played such a big part in your films, mostly behind the camera, does she have a place in Land?

GR: She's been working with me on casting but I don't know if she'll have an official title, but she and I work together on everything I do. We're basically one guy...or one woman!

RR: This has been a great year for the undead...

GR: Yeah, it's definitely the year of the zombie, but who knows? Next year my film will come out next year and everyone might be tired of them!

RR: Well, what about the society reflections? Zombies are less walking metaphors and more like money making machines. Do you agree with that?

GR: Yeah, I think mostly it's about the buck. Some of the anger that came out of the period so many of us got our start - Wes [Craven], John [Carpenter] - isn't there. Have you ever seen American Nightmare?

RR: Yep.

GR: That really says it. I think it really cut it to the bone, I think we really were pissed off that the '60s didn't work, that the world didn't change. Artists or people who were working in the media would eventually have some influence on it, but nothing changed.

RR: The Dawn remake was surprisingly cool, but I mean, the message – any message it had – has already been explored.

GR: I thought it was better than I expected it was going to be. Basically I thought it was a good action film. I said this to Richard Rubinstein, I even wrote it in the trade paperback introduction for Steve Niles' comic. The movie lost its reason for being and so it's an action film. It's well made, Zach did a good job. I mean, I went in with a chip on my shoulder, I wasn't involved at all...but I thought it was really pretty good. I think that's the problem with the genre in general, I mean, first of all so few people have an affection for it. Secondly, no one uses it as a platform to speak. Forget speak, forget preach, just express your opinion through it. Any opinion. Instead of just a guy with a knife running around, you know?

RR: And I'm all for this boom in the horror biz but there's not a whole lot out there that sticks to your ribs. Has there been anything that's really impressed you in the last decade?

GR: No. [laughs] I had the most fun watching some of the Japanese stuff like Battle Royale and Versus.

RR: Of course Battle Royale is the one they won't bring over here.

GR: I know, man, it's like, give me a break! Well, I mean, how could you? Not only would you have to cut the blood scenes but the concept is so... After Columbine? Nobody is gonna release that.

RR: Do you think we'll ever get out of that Columbine shadow? Or at least see some horror films that really tap that kind of anger?

GR: You would hope. Did you see [Gus Van Sant's] Elephant?

RR: No, not yet.

GR: I was mesmerized by that movie. It didn't quite give you the gut punch, that 'Here's what this movie is about you fuckin' asshole.' It was trying to say that but stopped short. But there was one film that somebody took and tried to do something with it. It's very hard, people don't want to hear about it and don't get it. Bruiser, to some extent, was about that same kind of disenfranchisement, that kind of shit that turns people nuts and violent. Nobody got it. It's very hard unless you're going to take it and say ‘This is a true story' with a horseshit re-enactment with drawing room speeches and people talking about what motivates them. First of all, that's not my style. I'd rather leave it up to thought. Think about it a little.

RR: Horror films were once very truthful. They portrayed a side, like you said, that people don't want to see. Do you think this lack of truth is due in part to the filmmaker's fault or the overpowering studio element?

GR: I would be very quick to blame it on the system but there are so many video cameras out there now, so many people making things. I've been a judge at festivals where you see films and they're vapid. I think there are a few people - whether it's musicians, sculpters, dancers, painters - and they get it. They combine their skill and expression. There are only ever, no matter what, only going to be a few people that care enough and rise above. I'm not trying to toot my horn. I'm the first guy to say the studios are bad and I will tell you that, yes, in terms of releasing things...when these guys suck off fourth thousand screens a week on...Van Helsing...you can't fuckin' get a screen to show your movie. So if you make a little movie, your first problem is getting a goddamn screen. I'd like to say that's the problem, but a lot of the little stuff I see people are making...you don't see wonderful things there either. Even there, it's only once and while.

RR: I did my time in film school too, I know what you mean. From the year I started you can almost point out the one guy that was bound to go somewhere with his vision.

GR: Exactly, just a couple of guys, man. I mean, I started studying painting and design and there was one cat in the class that was like, wow! Everybody measured themselves against him. I sat there was like ‘I'm not good at this!' So I scrammed. The point is there are only so many people who care and will do what it takes to express themselves. Unfortunately, what I think the studio system does is pick up and foster people who maybe shouldn't get the big deals.

zombie commando
09-24-2004, 05:22 AM
INTERVIEW PART 2:
RR: Did they read the book?

GR: Did they read the book?! So, we've been coming up against problems on that, it still looks like it might happen.

RR: You've got two cast members already locked in for that one, don't you? Laura Dern and Dakota Fanning, how's that working deal-wise with you going off to work on something else?

GR: We're actively trying to finance it. We've got a lot of financing in place. What happened with Dakota is she agreed to do it, then along came Cat in the Hat and Man on Fire. She changed management, then she got a little too hot for this small-ish project.

RR: Maybe she'll come around by the time you get to the movie.

GR: It's funny how things happen. Just the fact that I'm making a movie again. If you sit between Bruiser and now, it's been four years. Now the phone is ringing off the hook, why? I'm the same guy, I was here two years ago. But now it's, 'Oh, somebody's giving him money to make a movie, that means it must be safe for me to give him money to make a movie!' It's just so fuckin' crazy.

RR: Back to Land of the Dead for a second, when it was being kicked around at Fox, I heard they were trying to keep the Living Dead name.

GR: Initially Fox wanted to call it Night of the Living Dead. I'm like, 'I've already made that movie...twice!' [laughs] So they wanted to do a colon title. Night of the Living Dead...teeth in the night or something like that. [laughs] Then we ran into problems with the title, you could blame Fox for that, we resolved that. But then we got another offer, the check was on the table.

RR: Well, I saw that Fox had released a colorized version of Night on DVD, I figured they were trying to sink their teeth into ownership of the name...but that would be impossible 'cause the rights are all over the place, right?

GR: They are. I mean, it has taken me years to resolve the title issue. I have it now under the MPAA, Image Ten, and Columbia so it's sort've now in my hands.

RR: Can you explain a bit what this City of the Dead video game is? We know that American McGee is developing it and that you're somehow involved, that's all.

GR: I don't know if that's gonna happen. It's an old, old thing. I didn't sign a deal to do City of the Dead. I signed a deal to do "George Romero Presents..." which gave these guys the rights to do three video games using my name and they had a six year period to get it off the ground. Then they designed a thing called City of the Dead, which didn't alarm me at first, because at the time my dead movie was called Dead Reckoning. I didn't think there was a conflict, then, my film's title changed to Land of the Dead. The company I signed the deal with, I don't know if they even exist anymore.

RR: It looked a little advantageous to see City get announced around the same time as Land.

GR: I think it got activated because the movie got launched and we got the front page of Variety. I'm hoping Universal will take the whole thing over, it'd be great if they just gobbled it up, that way there was no conflict. I mean, I didn't write City, I didn't do shit.

RR: Thanks for clearing up the gray area.

GR: They basically bought my name for George Romero Presents. And I had approval over the games. I've never seen the games to say whether they were shit or if they were cool. Never heard from them until this movie got announced.

RR: Of course you've got a game system in the Romero household so if it does get made you can play.

GR: My son does. I'm still trying to figure out how to play chess on the computer. That's about my speed. It gives you five minutes to think about your move.

zombie commando
09-24-2004, 05:24 AM
Land of the Dead Traps Four More

Quote:
Simon Baker (The Ring 2), John Leguizamo (Assault on Precinct 13), Asia Argento, and Robert Joy are joining the previously cast Dennis Hopper in George A. Romero's Land of the Dead, which starts filming on October 11 in Toronto and will be distributed by Universal Pictures.

Written and directed by Romero, "Land of the Dead" is set in the modern world. The living inhabit a walled-in city, protected from the walking dead that populate the wasteland beyond. Baker, Argento and Leguizamo will all play a team of soldiers sent out to do battle with the gathering and evolving zombie threat in a fearsome, beweaponed tank-like vehicle called the Dead Reckoning.

Mark Canton, who is producing through his Atmosphere MM shingle, said the film also will feature cameos.

http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=6490

I cannot wait. Asia Argento is my wet dream women.....

Blackesteyes
09-24-2004, 06:49 AM
damn, beat me to it lol! im sooo fucking excited about this!!! And Asia Argento is soo damn fine! and im pretty interested to see what John Leguizamo does in it too.

Is Toe Tags out yet? i havent seen it, i'll have to go have a look next time im in Forbidden Planet. Remains finale was a bit dissapointing i gotta say, although i like the continuation point, very cool.

zombie commando
09-24-2004, 06:54 AM
damn, beat me to it lol! im sooo fucking excited about this!!! And Asia Argento is soo damn fine! and im pretty interested to see what John Leguizamo does in it too.

Is Toe Tags out yet? i havent seen it, i'll have to go have a look next time im in Forbidden Planet. Remains finale was a bit dissapointing i gotta say, although i like the continuation point, very cool.

I liked it as well (Remains).

Nope, Toe Tags isn't out yet man.

Blackesteyes
09-24-2004, 06:59 AM
ahh cool i aint missed it then. You been getting the Army of Darkness comics? The art totally suits the madness of the films and the story is actually really fuckin good.

zombie commando
09-24-2004, 07:02 AM
ahh cool i aint missed it then. You been getting the Army of Darkness comics? The art totally suits the madness of the films and the story is actually really fuckin good.

Sure have....check the Evil Dead thread.

About the interview...........

It brought up some things I was contemplating the other day........like movies don't try to deliver any messages anymore. They feel a little flat. That's what I think really seperates a good movie from a great movie......the message the movie delivers, or what the director has to say.

Screw CGI.
Screw pretty faces and loud explosions.
Screw gore.

If the story doens't have any message to deliver to the viewer what so ever, it's missing an important aspect that makes some movies greater than others.

He also brought up the fact that movie studios love to pick up "yes" men to direct their projects. These guys like Anderson, and Uwe Boll bend over and let the studio take the movie they are directing and do anything they want with them. There is no passion in making these movies anymore. The passion only seems to lie at a smaller scale. There seems to be less and less artists in the field, just business men.

There are a few people that genuinly are in the business to entertain AND express their thoughts through there product, and these movies are the ones that always seem to do better.....it just seems like there are fewer and fewer of these characters as time goes on.

Blackesteyes
09-24-2004, 07:13 AM
My sentiments exactly, its good to see that some production companies are there to help and support the passionate ones, like lions gate etc, hopefully they will continue to thrive and the bigger companies will realise that their films do in fact suck ass more often than not. Its kinda doubtful but heres hoping.

Roswell
09-24-2004, 12:26 PM
Screw gore.

Dude, in this film, you ABSOLUTELY MUST have gore. It's essential

zombie commando
09-24-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Mark Warner
Dude, in this film, you ABSOLUTELY MUST have gore. It's essential
I was speaking about movies in general...but we can concentrate on Land of the Dead for the moment, ya know, since it's the thread topic and all.......

It's a granted that the Living Dead flicks will have gore a'plenty in them, however it is not NEEDED. Romero can make a perfectly good zombie flick without the amount of gore displayed in Dawn and Day. Notice how most people love Night the most, yet it has the least amount of gore in it.

As fans we have come to expect the realistic gore from the standards that Savini has set, but take Savini away and you still have a great movie on your hands. I am looking how KNB is going to top the other Living Dead flicks as far as gore goes, but at Living Dead's core is a social commentary, a message; and THAT is what makes these flicks special.

LP~MyersFan~25
09-24-2004, 07:16 PM
I'm already liking this movie. Can't wait.

Donnie Darko
09-25-2004, 10:42 AM
thats totally what make these movies special, its all about watching what we (as people) do in the face of fear and how our human nature shows how people get carried away with everyday psychological walls and facades.

in Dawn, Stephen (and the others for that matter) doesnt need everything in the mall, but Stephen gets pissed when other people who are consumers as well take stuff from the mall. this is a territorial struggle which is one of the oldest conflicts in nature, but when told effectively in Dawn, its highly entertaining and teaches a timeless primitive lesson that we can all watch and learn from over and over.

zombie commando
09-25-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by project2501
thats totally what make these movies special, its all about watching what we (as people) do in the face of fear and how our human nature shows how people get carried away with everyday psychological walls and facades.

in Dawn, Stephen (and the others for that matter) doesnt need everything in the mall, but Stephen gets pissed when other people who are consumers as well take stuff from the mall. this is a territorial struggle which is one of the oldest conflicts in nature, but when told effectively in Dawn, its highly entertaining and teaches a timeless primitive lesson that we can all watch and learn from over and over.

Here's a man who gets what I'm preaching......

Chomp_on_this
09-30-2004, 03:17 PM
I have nothing else to say, except for the fact that this movie will kick every recent zombie film's ass...YEA!

This needs to be stickied!!!! I think....

Chris_N
10-02-2004, 12:41 PM
I wonder if they will be holding a casting call for extra zombies soon? Anyone have any info on this?

I wouldn't mind being a zombie, but I bet it would be tough to get selected.

Chomp_on_this
10-21-2004, 05:36 PM
I dont care if its already been posted, because I want to post it again. I think we should keep all Land of the Dead talk in this thread.

Here is a list of the cast so far...

Asia Argento
Simon Baker
Boyd Banks .... Featured Zombie
Jennifer Baxter .... Featured Zombie
Dennis Hopper
Robert Joy
John Leguizamo
Simon Pegg .... Zombie Cameo
Sasha Roiz .... Manolete
Tom Savini
Edgar Wright .... Zombie Cameo

George A. Romero's "Land of the Dead", the fourth film in his "Living Dead" series, will begin filming in Toronto on October 11th, according to Daily Variety. Romero has announced that the major cast consists of Dennis Hopper, Simon Baker, John Leguizamo, Asia Argento, and Robert Joy. In the film, the living inhabit a walled-in city that protects them from the zombie population beyond the walls. Baker, Argento and Leguizamo will all play a team of soldiers sent out to do battle with the gathering and evolving zombie threat in a tank-like vehicle called the Dead Reckoning. The film will be distributed by Universal Pictures and released in October 2005

Source: Variety

...and with that said, I CANT FUCKING WAIT!

http://freezedriedmovies.com/gallery/photodir.php?dir=178

A little report from the photographer that snapped pics of the LOTD set...

Well we busted out some of the first ever images from the set of George Romero's Land of the Dead, so why not read about it? Sean, who supplied the images, wrote us back with a little story on what we're all missing out on. Read on for the scoop. In Romero's new pic, the zombies having taken over the world and those left alive are confined to a walled-in city that keeps out the corpse corps. Anarchy rules the streets, with the wealthy insulated and living in fortified skyscrapers. Drama revolves around a group of scavengers who must thwart an attempt to overthrow the city while the dead are evolving from brainless slow-moving creatures into more advanced creatures.

"Here's what I saw last night was what looked like Road Warriors driving
through town. Three stunt people blasted through town on motorcycles, they
were dressed like the drifters in Dawn. They all carried machine guns.

Later they re-shot the same scene and added a station wagon from hell with
about 5 more drifters. They were armed to the teeth with M60 machine guns
attached to the sides and a huge M80 on the back.

Finally before I took off they shot the same scene but they got to shoot
some zombies. They are your average zombies, they haven't evolved or
anything. One was a cheerleader (full outfit, she looked damn cold), they
just shuffled around and got shot down by the drifters. Up the street I
heard they had some more wrecked cars, couldn't get up there.

I really wish they'd let me take pictures of them but cameras were forbidden
when they started filming. They didn't care during the day. They're filming
for 3 more days."

-Sean

zombie commando
10-22-2004, 05:29 AM
WOOOOOHOOOOOO!

So who's going up to Canada with me to be a zombie?

Chomp_on_this
10-22-2004, 06:48 PM
I would, if I didnt have school or work...LoL

Here is an eye witness accout of some zombie bustin' action!

Sean writes:

I was on the set again last night. Didn't get there as early as I would've
liked, but what I saw was them shooting a scene where they shot up a store
front. Normally it's an art gallery, but for the movie they changed it to a
flower shop. I think the location in the movie is called Uniontown. About 4
times in a row they shot up the store window.

Later they set up for another shot with a large black zombie, standing in
front of the storefront holding a severed head. From a distance it looked
kind of cheesy, but when I got closer it was really a work of art. Fully
operational eyes, mouth and facial movements. The head looked at the zombie
and did the usual zombie groan, the large zombie holding the head returned
the glance. Looked up at a light then lowered the head.

I have no idea what that has to do with the movie but the girl I talked to
said it's supposed to be a hotel. Dennis Hopper was supposed to have been on
set tonight, I saw what looked like his stunt double riding one of the
motorcycles last night.

Tonight is the last night of filming before they move the shoot to
Scarborough. They're at the same location till around 5, and then they're
moving. Going to see if I can find out where exactly.

No photos, they had a huge light set up over head and tons of crew spread
around watching for cameras. Plus they wouldn't let you cross the street
where the Dead Reckoning was parked. I heard that they had it rolling
through town earlier around 5:00 and had it parked in front of the gas
station from the other day.

The set was open for people to come and watch. You had to stay across the
street from the camera. Keep quiet, but you could check out what was going
on. During the day when they weren't shooting you could walk along the
street and check out the sets (excluding the lot where DR is parked), the
stores were all open. But after 5 the road was closed along with all the
stores.

I asked about extras and how one might get in to be a zombie or a human
extra. They said you need an agent and they wouldn't let any one just walk
off the street be in the movie.

zombie commando
10-23-2004, 04:26 AM
Prepare yourselves for major spoilers.......I present the DEAD RECKONING......http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_1561.html

Ravenheart
10-23-2004, 06:33 AM
I saw these pics earlier.I hope it looks better on screen because it looks like crap in the pics.

NeewollaH
10-23-2004, 08:17 AM
Prepare yourselves for major spoilers.......I present the DEAD RECKONING......http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_1561.html

I think I just wet my pants..

zombie commando
10-23-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Ravenheart
I saw these pics earlier.I hope it looks better on screen because it looks like crap in the pics.

I think it looks pretty cool. It's not as big as I had envisioned when hearing about it, but it's still pretty damn nifty.

Chomp_on_this
10-24-2004, 06:15 PM
Holy shit! That thing is gargantuate! First time hearing this film was gonna be Mad Max meets Day of the Dead, I thought, no way. But this thing is really getting me pumped up.

All I can say is Wow!

Blackesteyes
10-25-2004, 02:07 PM
Aww dude that thing is fucking SWEET! Just when i think i cant get any more excited about this movie another little bit of info comes along and proves me wrong.

Oliver
10-26-2004, 03:38 AM
Sounds good, is it going to be a sequel following Day of the Dead then, or will they start over and once again document how the world ended?

I suppose being a sequel to the re-make of Dawn is also a possibility but being that Romero wasn't involved with that, its highly unlikely, plus, I think the running zombies was a one off.

zombie commando
10-26-2004, 06:53 AM
Actually the zombies will be running. Actually they can also shoot lasers from their eyes, and instead of passing the disease through biting they transmit it all sexually. The are nymphomaniacs as well. GAR is restarting the entire franchise to begin back in the caveman era. It's going to be great!

Blackesteyes
10-26-2004, 07:09 AM
yeah hes writing a spin off on how all the rats have become the lords of the underworld and have jet packs made from matchboxes, true story.

Bucky-lives
10-27-2004, 03:20 AM
hey commando i just read the Romero interview. thanks for posting it i can't wait for the movie.

zombie commando
10-27-2004, 05:44 AM
No problem, I aim to please....especially your mama.....OOOOOOOOHHHHH!:p

InsomniacDown
10-27-2004, 07:19 AM
I can't wait for this to come out, I'm looking forward to LOTD more than any other movie. This is going to be awesome.

Kick ass pictures, thanks for posting them.

Halloween78
10-30-2004, 11:04 PM
I'm sorry but the premise of this movie is just plain stupid. The zombies are evolving?!? Evolving! How can they evolve when they're dead?!? Evolving is a form of growing. Dead things don't grow, that's why they rot, because they're not replenishing their bodies; ie death. I love zombie movies, but lets face it. Zombie flicks are pretty silly. However, this whole, zombies evolving thing, absolutely defies the least little bit of logic these types of films had to begin with. Romero has made some great films, and I'm sure this one will be good to. It's just that the evolving thing is too rediculous to ignore.

zombie commando
10-31-2004, 06:34 AM
Viruses evolve all the time. Remember it's the virus that is responsible for reanimating them. We saw the an 'evolved' zombie in Day of the Dead........

Halloween78
10-31-2004, 11:55 AM
Oh! Ok. I uderstand that. Mark one point for Zombie Commando lol. But havn't the zombies been infected way to long for their virus to evolve? I mean, shouldn't they be collapsing from rot by now?

zombie commando
10-31-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Halloween78
Oh! Ok. I uderstand that. Mark one point for Zombie Commando lol. But havn't the zombies been infected way to long for their virus to evolve? I mean, shouldn't they be collapsing from rot by now?

Another good point. It has been speculated that the virus produces an embalming fluid that impedes the rate of rot. Dr. Frankenstein comments to himself in DOTD that the zombies last for many months before showing signs of decay. You've got to listen closely for that one.

GAR also mentioned that there will be zombies in the advanced stages of decomposition in LOTD.

Oliver
11-01-2004, 10:35 AM
That big machine on wheels does look fantastic.

The evolving part seems kind of odd though. If the zombies were to run with the explanation that a reanimated corpse starts over and has to learn to walk again, hence the slow stumbling, and then after years of learning how to move again it learns how to run, I guess I'd be open to it. If we're talking about zombies having babies, then my interest for the film will decline dramatically.

zombie commando
11-01-2004, 12:57 PM
We are talking about more 'bub-like' zombies. There will be no running zombies or zombies getting impregnated.

Oliver
11-02-2004, 07:36 AM
Guess we could be seeing some first zombie words then. I hope they don't go beyond the zombies interacting with stuff they can remember from their previous lives though.

zombie commando
11-02-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Oliver
Guess we could be seeing some first zombie words then. I hope they don't go beyond the zombies interacting with stuff they can remember from their previous lives though.

Bub has already spoken in DOTD.......have you ever seen it!? If not, before you make any more speculation I highly suggest you watch it.

Blackesteyes
11-02-2004, 02:56 PM
pregnant zombies? hmmm, put me in the mood for "braindead" now, havent watched that in ages.

Halloween78
11-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Pregnant zombies? Oh boy, what next?!?

zombie commando
11-03-2004, 07:29 AM
"George A. Romero, grand master of the undead, was not pleased with the quality of fear showing on a pair of extras, costumed as security guards, in the face of an invading zombie army here last week. "These guys aren't acting like there's a war going on," Mr. Romero moaned, after directing perhaps the 10th take of what should have been a two-take shot. "Can we rehearse them, please?"

If anyone knows what film terror should look like, it is Mr. Romero. In 1968, he reinvented the horror genre with his "Night of the Living Dead," a cult classic that made its way onto the prestigious National Film Registry of the Library of Congress. His subsequent career had its ups and downs. Of the dozen pictures he later directed, none matched the status of his first, and the last of them, "Bruiser," went straight to video in the United States.

Like one of his own unstoppable zombies, however, Mr. Romero, now 65, is back. He is in Toronto directing a fourth installment of his "Living Dead" series, called "Land of the Dead. " And with support from Universal Pictures, he is riding a wave partly of his own making.

Horror films in general, and zombie flicks in particular, are in vogue at the moment. In the past year alone, four medium- to low-budget zombie movies - Zack Snyder's remake of Mr. Romero's 1978 "Dawn of the Dead" for Universal, the zombie spoof "Shaun of the Dead" (Focus Features), "28 Days Later" (Fox Searchlight) and "Resident Evil: Apocalypse" (Sony Pictures) - have taken in more than $165 million at the North American box office.

In the last two weeks, Sarah Michelle Gellar's unheralded horror movie "The Grudge" has taken in $71 million for Columbia Pictures, while "Saw" (Lions Gate), another relatively inexpensive bloodfest, had more than $17 million in ticket sales last weekend. Sequels to both "Saw'' and "28 Days Later" have already been announced, and at least two other zombie movies, including a Dutch-produced film featuring Nazi undead, are in the works.

A tall, shaggy bear of a man with a beard, ponytail and oversize, square black glasses, Mr. Romero believes the current revival says more about Hollywood than the culture at large. "If one horror film hits,'' he said in an interview, "everyone says, 'Let's go make a horror film.' It's the genre that never dies.'' In addition, he said, he thinks the "Resident Evil'' video games "woke everyone up."

But others see larger forces at work. John Leguizamo, who co-stars in "Land of the Dead" with Dennis Hopper, Simon Baker and Asia Argento, said he believed the renewed popularity of horror "has to do with our times, when things are unsure, and there's so much violence in places like Iraq."

Indeed, Mr. Romero - who spoofed consumer culture in "Dawn of the Dead" and informed the original "Night of the Living Dead" with eerie echoes of the Vietnam War and 60's racial violence - consciously redesigned his new film to accommodate post-9/11 fears about terrorism, after studios rejected his initial script as too downbeat in the immediate aftermath of the 2001 terrorist attacks.

"The idea of living with terrorism - I've tried to make it more applicable to the concerns Americans are going through now," Mr. Romero said. The reworked script immediately attracted attention from 20th Century Fox. But negotiations dragged on for a year, until the producer Mark Canton had lunch with Mr. Romero's agent and asked about the director.

"After all these decades, he has figured out the final story in the zombie marathon," Mr. Canton recalls being told. "I read the script, and said I wanted to do it. As soon as the news got out, Universal called me right away. They were on fire about it. It came together that fast." The deal, in fact, was sealed in one month, with Universal retaining distribution rights on the $15 million picture.

In the new story, Mr. Romero said, "the fat cats live" in a high-security complex called Fiddler's Green, which the director is conjuring inside BCE Place, an indoor office and shopping mall here with a futuristic, vaulted ceiling that makes it look like a true cathedral of commerce. On the outside, zombie hordes roam almost unimpeded throughout the earth.

"People are aware of what's going on outside," Mr. Romero said, "and they're willing to listen to a government entity calling Fiddler's Green a safe haven, but it's not really providing everything they need. So some of the protagonists have to go out into the real world to get things like food - and deodorant."

As Mr. Romero's first "undead" film in 20 years, "Land of the Dead," which will most likely be released next summer, is already mobilizing a fan base that has been hungering for the director's special brand of bloodshed. Anticipation, said Tony Timpone, editor of the horror magazine Fangoria, is "extremely high."

"All the other zombie films are just a warmup for Romero's zombie film," Mr. Timpone said. "George is the godfather of the zombie movie."

At 2 a.m., "lunch time" on the 12th of 33 consecutive night shoots, Mr. Romero's immediate concern over the lackluster security guards has been solved: he has decided to eliminate the shot, to cut instead to zombies breaking the windows of Fiddler's Green, and then cut back to an interior shot of civilians and security personnel fleeing from the rampaging undead.

As for future prospects, Mr. Romero was reasonably upbeat. "Will this be a calling card?'' he said. "It might be."

"If this film opens big, the phone's going to be ringing off the hook - not necessarily for the right stuff, though," said Mr. Romero, who says he has turned down his share of projects about "guys with hockey masks and knives."

"But I might be able to sell some of my other ideas."
"

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/03/movies/03zomb.html?th=&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1099490737-/q4IVwbHEnpww9yN8HNkVA

Blackesteyes
11-03-2004, 04:04 PM
Thats a sweet little piece of news man, god damn im so excited about this movie!

Halloween78
11-03-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm not super excited. It'll be good no doubt. I'm just getting some bad ju ju off of it.

Creepingmouth
11-05-2004, 07:06 PM
and at least two other zombie movies, including a Dutch-produced film featuring Nazi undead, are in the works.

gotta see those too

zombie commando
11-06-2004, 08:55 PM
Yes, I cannot wait for Worse Case Scenario either. The promo trailer alone is enough to entertain me more than some feature length movies.

MrSandman666
11-07-2004, 06:13 AM
I cannot tell you all how ready I am for Land Of The Dead I and all you have been waiting endlessly for the 4th zombie flick it 'would' have been Resident Evil but no I did not mind Resident Evil the sequel si trying to trip on the toes of Night Of The Living Dead.

I ever since Dawn Of The Dead have become a huge George Romero fan Creepshow 1&2, Martin ect the list goes on, so come October 05 I will be ready for Land Of The Dead.

Chomp_on_this
11-07-2004, 05:38 PM
I cant wait to see Romero's ideals and philosiphies about terrorism, fear, and post 9/11. His satire is what I am most looking forward to..the film being a sequal to the greatest zombie franchise ever is just a bonus!

SpawnOfEvil
11-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Fuck yeah. Another Romero "Of The Dead" film? That can only rock the socks off of his fans. It's gonna be awesome.

Is George gonna bring back the old zombies he has where they groan and stagger or is he gonna retain the concept done in the remake of his DOTD 2004 film and have them burn rubber after their prey?

Chomp_on_this
11-07-2004, 08:53 PM
I am pretty sure he's gonna keep the zombie style that he invented, for Land of the Dead.

To tell you the truth, it wouldnt make sense if he didn't. That makes me wonder.... if Universal ever tried to push the idea of having running zombie in LOTD. If it ever was asked, I can see Romero just staring at the person with a "STFU" look on his face...LoL.

Halloween78
11-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
I cant wait to see Romero's ideals and philosiphies about terrorism, fear, and post 9/11. His satire is what I am most looking forward to..the film being a sequal to the greatest zombie franchise ever is just a bonus!

Why? You know that they're gonna be liberal views. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It just won't be a suprise.

Chomp_on_this
11-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Halloween78
Why? You know that they're gonna be liberal views. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It just won't be a suprise.

What the fuck do you mean why? The way he ties political undertones with zombie carnage is almost poetic! I just think it's gonna kick so much ass to see GAR's views on fear and terrrorism in theatrical form. Sure he can just go ahead and tell us his theories, but where's the fun in that? So you see...the way he executes his logic within the movie will be a surprise.

As stated above, this is probably the main reason why this film has me pumped up. GAR does that...he HAS to put political or social satire in his movies...it just wouldnt be a GAR movie if he didnt.

Silverpsycho
11-08-2004, 12:27 AM
Hey thanks for posting the awesome article zombie commando! It was quite a great read.

I am even more psyched up for this film now. I finished the script earlier today and I am waiting eagerly for this long anticipated Romero film to hit the theatres. It will be a wonderful horror film destined to become a classic! :D

zombie commando
11-08-2004, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Silverpsycho
Hey thanks for posting the awesome article zombie commando! It was quite a great read.

I am even more psyched up for this film now. I finished the script earlier today and I am waiting eagerly for this long anticipated Romero film to hit the theatres. It will be a wonderful horror film destined to become a classic! :D

No problem man. I want this movie to be so good......so bad......that I am afraid my ability to be a critical skeptic while watching it will be gone all together.

Oh, and chomp......as always I totally agree.

Chomp_on_this
11-08-2004, 01:33 PM
::::::::::::SPOILER!!!!!::::::::::

I just read the begining to Romero's LOTD script(thanks to an anonamous member, you know who you are, T-buddy) and it seems as if there is actually a nod to previous films. It sounds as if some of the news cast reports from the original NOTLD and DOTD make their way into the begining of LOTD.

If so, this will be the only sequal to NOTLD that will show ANYTHING involved with the previous installments in the franchise.

Oh man this sucker kicks so much ass!

Anybody else start reading the script? thoughts?

zombie commando
11-08-2004, 03:12 PM
I am not going to read the script. I don't want anything to be spoiled for me when I sit down to see this flick. I just want to maintain a general idea about what's going to go down.....I don't want specifics.

Chomp_on_this
11-08-2004, 05:54 PM
I am not going to read the script. I don't want anything to be spoiled for me when I sit down to see this flick. I just want to maintain a general idea about what's going to go down.....I don't want specifics.

I said that exact same thing, but I just cannot wait. Its too fucking hard. Its been just too damn long since a Romero movie evolved...let alone one that I will be able to see in theatres.

This is gonna be major tits.

zombie commando
11-08-2004, 07:05 PM
I said that exact same thing, but I just cannot wait. Its too fucking hard. Its been just too damn long since a Romero movie evolved...let alone one that I will be able to see in theatres.

This is gonna be major tits.

You know, whenever I am encountered with a dire circumstance I can always just tell myself "Land of the Dead is coming out next October", and instantly I am emotionally gratified.

This movie will indeed be big soapy tits.

Blackesteyes
11-09-2004, 08:44 AM
LOL. I dont wanna read the script but i might end up having a peek at it before october.

Oh yeah, lovin the avatar commando, mon' the sith!

Michaeleon
11-15-2004, 11:39 AM
The people reside in a barricaded city, locking themselves away from the problem. They aren’t free, even if they believe they are they can't escape the fact that of being prisoners. Security is their top concern hence why they are stuffed away in the buildings- to be away from the threat, the zombies.
They are trading freedom for security from the danger that surrounds them. They can shoot as many zombies as we want, it won’t do no good- there will be more.

Look at our post 9/11 society today. We carry the belief of increasing our security, barricading ourselves from the danger of the outside world, the terrorists. With things like the patriot act, we are trading freedoms in exchange for security. We can destroy as many terrorists as we like, it won’t do no good- there will be more.

Heck, you don’t even have to connect it to terrorism. Look at how much society has changed from just thirty years ago. Can your little daughter walk to the park by herself in this time period?
I read an article about plans of a neighborhood of homes requiring an ID card to access that part of the neighborhood. Is this what it has come to? Barricading ourselves behind walls instead of combating the social problems confronting us? We can build as many walls/boxes as we want or kill as many of the enemies facing us- it won’t change the grand scheme of things.

zombie commando
11-15-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Michaeleon
The people reside in a barricaded city, locking themselves away from the problem. They aren’t free, even if they believe they are they can't escape the fact that of being prisoners. Security is their top concern hence why they are stuffed away in the buildings- to be away from the threat, the zombies.
They are trading freedom for security from the danger that surrounds them. They can shoot as many zombies as we want, it won’t do no good- there will be more.

Look at our post 9/11 society today. We carry the belief of increasing our security, barricading ourselves from the danger of the outside world, the terrorists. With things like the patriot act, we are trading freedoms in exchange for security. We can destroy as many terrorists as we like, it won’t do no good- there will be more.

Heck, you don’t even have to connect it to terrorism. Look at how much society has changed from just thirty years ago. Can your little daughter walk to the park by herself in this time period?
I read an article about plans of a neighborhood of homes requiring an ID card to access that part of the neighborhood. Is this what it has come to? Barricading ourselves behind walls instead of combating the social problems confronting us? We can build as many walls/boxes as we want or kill as many of the enemies facing us- it won’t change the grand scheme of things.

Very good points man. GAR has hit the nail on the head with his political commentary on this one.

It's easier to hide from problems than deal with them. It's easier to live around something rather than meet it face on.

Mr. Bruce
11-16-2004, 01:33 AM
Is this the movie where they are making it look like an 1980 horror movie again?

Chomp_on_this
11-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Michaeleon

Damn tek is so smart. I never even made the connection until I read this post. Nice job tekkon.

Originally posted by icparenumber1
Is this the movie where they are making it look like an 1980 horror movie again?

No. I am pretty sure the setting of this film will take place during present time.

Here are some new pics I spotted. Thought I'd share. THere also have been some cheesy ass fan posters made. If you want to see those, look for those yourself.

I am guessing this is the opening scene with the two teenage zombie lovers coming in.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Chomp_on_this/album_pic3.jpg

Close up shot of Dead Reckoning
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Chomp_on_this/album_pic1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Chomp_on_this/album_pic2.jpg

Romero doing what he does best.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Chomp_on_this/album_pic.jpg

zombie commando
11-16-2004, 12:26 PM
Awwwwwww the teenage rotting carcasses are in love.

Beau
11-21-2004, 10:02 AM
WOW!!! That pic of Dead Reckoning looks awsome.
I can't wait to see LOTD....im shure it will be excellent.

Falling Uphill
11-22-2004, 09:23 AM
:p i wonder if theres gonna be a zombie sex scene?

"he cuming in you barbra" http://www.slaytanicofferings.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_idea.gif

:) but back on topic this movie is gonna be one hell of a good movie!

SpawnOfEvil
11-22-2004, 10:21 AM
That'd be a pretty messed up thing to see, Lol.

zombie commando
11-22-2004, 07:10 PM
I really don't think alot of film makers get what makes zombie movies so interesting; especially the Living Dead trillogy (soon to be quadrillogy, if that's a word). When I watch some of these new DTV zombie movies crop up, I can't help but wonder what these people are thinking when they make these movies. Guts, blood, and gore do not make a zombie movie good........they are simply toping on the cake. What really matters are the layers of the cake. Zombies are so open to symbolism that it is amazing, and I really think that is what makes zombies so unique from their monster bretheren. Zombies can symbolize the masses of brainless individuals that serve only to consume. They can act to represent the problems that our current world faces. Zombies can be used as a tool to identify the cracks in society, as well as the evil within humanity itself.

I cannot tell you how glad I am that Land of the Dead is going to focus on these problems that our current world faces. George Romero succeeds where others fail because he realizes that a movie's longevity is not directly correlated with the amount of special effects, and gallons of blood it contains (which does help). He knows that when you make a movie, you've actually have to SAY something to the audience. You've got to focus on more than just frightening them. You've got to make them think about the movie long after the scares wear off.......

Beau
11-23-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by falling_uphill
:p i wonder if theres gonna be a zombie sex scene?

"he cuming in you barbra" http://www.slaytanicofferings.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_idea.gif

Err, well you never know ha ha :D

:) but back on topic this movie is gonna be one hell of a good movie!

Halloween78
11-26-2004, 11:14 AM
What the fuck do you mean why? The way he ties political undertones with zombie carnage is almost poetic! I just think it's gonna kick so much ass to see GAR's views on fear and terrrorism in theatrical form. Sure he can just go ahead and tell us his theories, but where's the fun in that? So you see...the way he executes his logic within the movie will be a surprise.

As stated above, this is probably the main reason why this film has me pumped up. GAR does that...he HAS to put political or social satire in his movies...it just wouldnt be a GAR movie if he didnt.

I didn't mean anything by it. I forgot to take my medication that day.;)

jmb_052
12-02-2004, 06:44 PM
I dont know if anyone reads the USA Today, but in Todays issue, Dec. 2, they was a pretty big article about George Romero and "Land of the Dead."

Here's the link.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2004-12-01-zombie_x.htm

Halloween78
12-04-2004, 01:26 AM
I don't read that paper. Nothing but the Wallstreet Journal for me.

Laow-Z
12-04-2004, 08:59 AM
I got tired of reading.....do they have a scheduled release date?

Chomp_on_this
12-04-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Laow-Z
I got tired of reading.....do they have a scheduled release date?

It's all in here brutha... http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=232

Chomp_on_this
12-06-2004, 01:27 PM
Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Chomp_on_this/albummm_pic.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Chomp_on_this/album_3pic.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Chomp_on_this/444.bmp
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Chomp_on_this/4.bmp

atomic dog
12-06-2004, 03:42 PM
one word: WOW!!!

Chuck D
12-06-2004, 05:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Chomp_on_this/album_3pic.jpg

It felt good seeing this pic... you know this film is in the right hands :)

InsomniacDown
12-07-2004, 07:10 AM
Kick ass pictures, can't wait for this one to come out.

Chomp_on_this
12-12-2004, 07:52 PM
I just watched the remake for Dawn of the Dead again, and I was thinking...Did George's idea for the Dead Reckoning vehicles come before or after he saw the remake to his film? Those transport buses that the crew rigged up to leave the mall.... Did the remake at all inspire Gearoge to create these heavy duty transport vehicles for Land of the Dead? Or did George already have this idea prior to seeing the remake, and its all a coincidance? But remember Romero made several changes to the the script before it was finalized and ready to be made into LOTD.

What do you think? Can anybody shed some light on this?

zombie commando
12-12-2004, 08:21 PM
I remember reading about GAR's ideas about the armed transport, 'Dead Reckoning', before the Dawn remake was out.

Maxvayne
12-12-2004, 08:23 PM
I just watched the remake for Dawn of the Dead again, and I was thinking...Did George's idea for the Dead Reckoning vehicles come before or after he saw the remake to his film? Those transport buses that the crew rigged up to leave the mall.... Did the remake at all inspire Gearoge to create these heavy duty transport vehicles for Land of the Dead? Or did George already have this idea prior to seeing the remake, and its all a coincidance? But remember Romero made several changes to the the script before it was finalized and ready to be made into LOTD.

What do you think? Can anybody shed some light on this?

From what I've heard. He's been calling this film Dead Reckoning sice he was thrown off of Resident Evil, And he didn't see the Dawn remake after it was out for awhile, so I would assume that he had this idea before the Dawn Remake.

Chomp_on_this
12-12-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Maxvayne
From what I've heard. He's been calling this film Dead Reckoning sice he was thrown off of Resident Evil, And he didn't see the Dawn remake after it was out for awhile, so I would assume that he had this idea before the Dawn Remake.

Yea but can you be sure, he had plans to have these armored vehicles in Dead Reckoning or Land of the Dead before the fact? But your probably right...George is far more creative than that...he has no need to add someone else's idea into his film.

Maxvayne
12-12-2004, 08:32 PM
Yea but can you be sure, he had plans to have these armored vehicles in Dead Reckoning or Land of the Dead before the fact? But your probably right...George is far more creative than that...he has no need to add someone else's idea into his film.

Not fully sure, but I think it's safe to go with it.

zombie commando
12-14-2004, 09:11 PM
Newly cropped up Romero radio interview......

http://wgnradio.com/shows/digilio_nick/audio/index.html

Blackesteyes
12-15-2004, 06:00 AM
Thanks for that jmb, that was a pretty good article, helped by the fact that the writer is actually a fan and not some dumbass cynical reporter.

atomic dog
12-15-2004, 06:35 AM
i merged the two threads together.

MeteorMayhem
12-22-2004, 06:51 PM
I heard this movie is supposed to be his best!

Chomp_on_this
12-23-2004, 01:51 PM
Did anybody hear the rumors, that Romero abruptly left the shooting of LOTD one day? He felt tired or something? Man, I hope he isnt feeling under the weather or some shit. Just what we need...one of the most long awaited horror movies EVER and it gets halted.

I hope George is feeling alright, for his sake, and the movies sake. We cant lose a horror genious like that.

zombie commando
12-27-2004, 10:58 AM
I read that he left the set a couple hours early because his end of the work was completed, and he needed some rest. When these people get together to make a movie they are on quite a hectic schedule. It's not uncommon to see them working 14 hour days. That takes its toll on people. Romero has a few years under his belt, and I say if he needs to leave the set to rest a little bit then let him be. I would rather have a clear minded Romero than an exhausted old man.

The rumors were blown out of proportion on many websites, citing that Romero was fed up and quit. Pure bullshit.

Chomp_on_this
12-30-2004, 06:09 PM
Ah yes... the official word from Fango:

"In an effort to gather some information on this matter, we talked to some
of our insider contacts who were able to give us some more information.
As for Romero walking off set, according to our reliable sources, yes,
it was true he did leave the set. But their is a big difference between
leaving the set and "quitting the movie." Remember, Romero is working on a
very big-budget film, even bigger then he has ever worked on, and sometimes
you just need to take a break.

"Our sources tell us that yes, like any big project, there are pressures
and producer demands, and I am sure that did put pressure on Romero,
but isn’t that a producer’s job? So our understanding is that yes,
there were production issues in making the movie, and yes, Romero did
leave the set, but no, he didn’t quit, and no, there is no threat of the
movie not meeting its deadline. Romero is used to doing films in a very
independent way, taking his time to put his touches on things. Sometimes
producers and movie timelines can get in the way of that. Such is life!

"There is absolutely no reason to panic, since he walked off on the final
day of shooting five hours before it was supposed to wrap. Look at it like
leaving early on a Friday. The rumors of him quitting the movie, or just
giving up and throwing in the towel, are silly. The producers and the rest
of the crew stepped in and finished shooting the film, which was just
insert shots that they needed. Considering it was only five hours before
the final wrap, it was obviously only going to be small things that needed
to be done. Something that they could do easily enough without George.
Mr. Romero is a really cool guy, and it is shown by the fact that two days
later, he was at the wrap party and seemed in good spirits."

Maxvayne
12-30-2004, 06:35 PM
I think people are getting there panty's in a twist over this, it's not a big deal, at all.

Chomp_on_this
12-31-2004, 02:01 PM
Yea man, I was pretty scared after reading the shit some people were spewing.

xmiserysignalsx
01-03-2005, 07:05 PM
Sorry, I'm too lazy to read through all the posts and I'm not really aware of the current state of Romero's directing but is this going to be like a final film in the series since day of the dead wasn't fully realized the way he wanted it. I'm a big fan of NOTLD and the original Dawn but I'm just not up to date on this stuff. If anyone could provide some answers (Zombie Commando...)

xmiserysignalsx
01-03-2005, 07:12 PM
I read up on it a little more on imdb.com. I like that the cast includes almost no well known actors, except for Dennis Hopper. Tom Savini plays a zombie this time around, I hope the special effects are even better than his most recent work.

i_am_marvelous
01-05-2005, 02:58 PM
hey why do yall call it the most anticipated zombie/horro w/e of all time?
do yall no wat is to be expected of this movie im kinda confused on what its gonna be about..... DOTD was ok pretty good zombie movie .... the fast moving zombies are pretty scary.... but i still dont get what LOTD is gonan be about ........ this guy GR is he liek the best? did he make DOTD too?
sry im just confused i guess

T1000416
01-06-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by i_am_marvelous
hey why do yall call it the most anticipated zombie/horro w/e of all time?
do yall no wat is to be expected of this movie im kinda confused on what its gonna be about..... DOTD was ok pretty good zombie movie .... the fast moving zombies are pretty scary.... but i still dont get what LOTD is gonan be about ........ this guy GR is he liek the best? did he make DOTD too?
sry im just confused i guess

Well, uh, Land of the Dead is not a sequel to the Dawn of the Dead remake. It's a sequel to Day of the Dead, which was released in 1985.

Plot Outline-The living dead have overtaken humanity. The last remnants of the human race live inside a walled city as they come to grips with the situation. The wealthy live in sealed skyscrapers as the poor fend for themselves on the streets. Protecting them is an enormous tank called Dead Reckoning, controlled by a group of people led by Riley. But when Riley loses command of the tank to an insane man bent on destroying the city, he must save it from Dead Reckoning as those who walk beyond the walls of the city slowly develop new abilites and become a much greater threat to humankind.

The reson it's the most anticipated Zombies/Horror movie is because fans have been waiting 20 years for it to happen.

Chomp_on_this
01-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Some nice new images just released. I just hope Asia doesn't play a female lead like Milla did in Resident Evil.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Chomp_on_this/phvvv1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Chomp_on_this/photodir2.jpg

Scarface
01-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Sweet! Looks awesome. Can't wait for a trailer!

samhainuk
01-08-2005, 02:58 PM
God Zombie fics are past there prim, this isnt the 70s get over it! If you don't agree with me just look at the God awful "Shawn of the dead" or even worst the remake to "Dawn of the dead". Why is Hollywood rehashing old horror movies can't they come up with something new? and what's with Evil Dead4 no no no no NO! Look at what happened to Evil Dead 3 with a budget think of what damage they could do with a HUGE budget! Oh and one last thing what is with Jason v Freddie v Ash?

Chomp_on_this
01-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by samhainuk
God Zombie fics are past there prim, this isnt the 70s get over it! If you don't agree with me just look at the God awful "Shawn of the dead" or even worst the remake to "Dawn of the dead". Why is Hollywood rehashing old horror movies can't they come up with something new? and what's with Evil Dead4 no no no no NO! Look at what happened to Evil Dead 3 with a budget think of what damage they could do with a HUGE budget! Oh and one last thing what is with Jason v Freddie v Ash?

Past there prime? First off, some of the greatest zombie films to grace the screen weren't even made in the 70's. The original DOTD was released at the end of the decade..1979 for Christ sake. If anything there hasn't been enough zombie films.

Secondly, there isn't a better time for George to make a zombie film than right now. With post 9/11 security issues running the way American people live, this gives the perfect social theme for George to broaden his ideas on. Whether he is able to follow through and make a descent film with it, is still up to him. But I have faith in him. He is a great director.

I couldn't disagree with you more about SHAUN of the Dead and Army of Darkness. ESPECIALLY with Army of Darkness. Sam Raimi proved a point with that film, he proved it with the 2 Evil Dead films before it. You don't need a big budget to make a spectacular, fun horror movie. They are cult classics, and that's all Sam was trying to do with the films.

And its seems you're a little behind on the times. The plan for FREDDY Vs. Jason Vs. Ash has been extinguished.

Donnie Darko
01-08-2005, 03:45 PM
very true Chomp. i totally agree with ya there.

i wouldnt necessarily call Shaun of the Dead a Hollywood movie either, seeing as how its not American and all. :)

those Land of the Dead screenshots look badass!
i cant wait!

Chomp_on_this
01-08-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Donnie Darko
very true Chomp. i totally agree with ya there.

i wouldnt necessarily call Shaun of the Dead a Hollywood movie either, seeing as how its not American and all. :)

those Land of the Dead screenshots look badass!
i cant wait!

Ah yea you're right....not only was Shaun of the Dead not from the U.S. it was also an independent film. And for the record, there isn't a whole helluva lot of British Independent films getting play time over here in the states. So, SOTD actually did something very uncommon, which is all the more reason to give it some praise.

boogeyman87
01-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Nice pictures, but they seem out of place in a zombie movie, or a romero flick.

Chomp_on_this
01-08-2005, 08:01 PM
That's only because this is Romero's first zombie flick in 20 years. Let alone his major screen debut in about the same amount of years. Heh...I have to admit, it'll be a bit wierd seeing a brand new Romero flick.

boogeyman87
01-08-2005, 08:04 PM
That's only because this is Romero's first zombie flick in 20 years. Let alone his major screen debut in about the same amount of years. Heh...I have to admit, it'll be a bit wierd seeing a brand new Romero flick.

I'm talking about the actors themselves. Simon Baker looks like a model for some reason. I think John Leguizamo will be good just becuase of the type of actor he is. It will have to wait till I see this. I'll will still see this regardless of the actors though.

Chomp_on_this
01-09-2005, 12:57 PM
Ahh...I see what your saying. I have to admit, I was expecting more Mad Max, Road Warrior types of wardrobes on the cast. But maybe that's just for different cast members.

boogeyman87
01-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Ahh...I see what your saying. I have to admit, I was expecting more Mad Max, Road Warrior types of wardrobes on the cast. But maybe that's just for different cast members.

I was thinking the same thing. I sure hope those clothes get dirty or zombie brains all over them . :)

zombie commando
01-11-2005, 09:52 AM
I specifically remember Romero saying it would be more akin to Road Warrior meets the Living Dead......but alas I am keeping the faith. I'm so happy to come back to from the island to find some more LOTD pics floating around.

Chomp_on_this
01-11-2005, 09:48 PM
This is just beautiful. John Leguizamo just made my dreams for this flick come true.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/578/578619p1.html?fromint=1

Click that link for an awesome article about John Leguizamo and the role he plays in Land of the Dead.

boogeyman87
01-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by John Leguizamo
I've got my own hypothesis too about [the politics]. I think it all has to do with, in that situation with the war in Iraq and all that and our sense of, it lightens things up, when you can't take death so seriously, it lightens it up. It plays with that, sort of, our anxiety. I know I've got a lot of anxiety. I think it has to do with right-wing, neo-conservatives controlling things and corporate power..."

Right there... it's caught my attention in a big way.

Originally posted by John Leguizamo
Beyond politics and humor, there will also be plenty of gore. "I've never worked in a movie where there was so much f***ing [gore]? They put, like, real guts in mannequins and then they pull at spleens and intestines..."

And this is very pleasing too. This movie will be something to see. It seems to have everything I'm looking for.

Chomp_on_this
01-30-2005, 03:18 PM
Man, I have so much anticipation for the next update...God, I hope its a poster or some shot of zombies getting a head blown off or something! But, all I got is this....

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/films/land/sav_arg.jpg

A pic of Aisa and Tom...heh.

Anyways I was watching that little 39min documentary on the second disc of Day of the Dead today, and noticed Tom explained how much people wanted him and George to do a sequal to Day of the Dead. And from the way Tom sounded in the interview, he was going to reprise his role in the FX department. But we all know KNB EFX has officially taken ahead of that field. Anyone think Tom will help out a bit with the FX...or is he strictly into acting and stunts?.... I mean he is pretty good friends with Greg Nicotero to stay side-lined from the FX department. Anyone know why took the sudden change in film jobs? I mean in the Day interview, he seemed pretty excited to do more FX in another George flick, but now that LOTD is being created he has little involvement. I think I heard he was gonna reprise the role of Blades, but as a zombie.

Anyone have the complete info on Tom and his backstory/involvment with Land of the Dead? I'd be interested in hearing it.

zombie commando
02-01-2005, 06:35 AM
No complete info...just know he is playing a part that may be related to Blade from Dawn.

Chomp_on_this
02-01-2005, 08:44 AM
It sure isn't a big role, especially since he wants to break out and do more acting/directing in the future. Ah well, I am just happy he is involved with LOTD alltogether.

zombie commando
02-01-2005, 08:52 AM
Yeah...I really don't care how his career goes...I just want to see his face on the film to appease selfish needs. I think the FX will probably kick ass despite his noninvolvement.

Chomp_on_this
02-01-2005, 09:08 AM
No doubt the FX will be killer. Greg Nicotero, who also worked on Day of the Dead with Tom, will lead his team and supply FX for Land of the Dead.

I still wonder how much CGI wil be used in LOTD...I hope it isn't too much. Minimal usage to enhance certain actions is fine with me, but when whole scenes are being shot in front of a green screen...then I get a little "iffy". I really don't see where CGI would work into LOTD escept for adding the quatity and detail into the zombies. It might be nice to add some of it to big explosions (if needed) as well.

It shows Michael Doherty as being the film editor for LOTD. I was kinda hoping George would have been the film editor just like he has been for Dawn of the Dead. The guy really has a knack for that... it's pretty evident he does by the footage of him editing on the DOTD: UE DVD. I am sure George will work failry close with Michael and the final project.

EDIT: I found a GAR interview where he briefly describes some of the CG that may be used:

I believe the question was... have you ever used CG in your films and will you be using it in LOTD?

G.R.: I've used it. The birds in DARK HALF. We did some little stuff with it in BRUISER. Just enhancement. But nothing to this scale. I'm going to have to do a little changing of the scenes. With DAY OF THE DEAD, we used matte paintings; now it's all computers. I'm not afraid of it. I certainly don't plan on overusing it. But there's a sequence that's going to need it because we can't collapse a real bridge. They won't let us do that.

zombie commando
02-02-2005, 08:03 AM
I think he will keep it to a minimal. He seems too old school to start dabbling heavily in CGI now. It's like a new tool that I don't thinkl he's quite use to...therefore I can't see him risking the use of it too often.

Rabbit in Red
02-04-2005, 08:02 PM
Yeah I seriously doubt whole scenes will be CGI...by the way Chomp, your avatar rules my face.

Slapshot
02-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Here's the first Official Teaser poster:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/deathiscoming/Random%20Stuff/land020905.jpg

zombie commando
02-08-2005, 03:46 PM
I can't wait to see the REAL poster for this flick.

NeewollaH
02-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Oh fuck, don't tell me they went cheap on the posters. Those zombies look straight off of the new Dawn poster, except shrunk and placed up next to eachother..Other than that, exciting, I guess.

boogeyman87
02-08-2005, 03:50 PM
At least the world looks nice. But I'm with ZC , I cant wait to see the actual poster..if its better. I hope.

Slapshot
02-08-2005, 03:55 PM
That poster I posted is the firsdt OFFICIAL Teaser Poster, just go to bloody-disgusting.com for proof:
Finally a little taste of what's to come! Inside you'll find a teaser poster from George Romero's fourth zombie flick Land of the Dead, which hits theaters on October 21st. In Romero's new pic, the zombies having taken over the world and those left alive are confined to a walled-in city that keeps out the corpse corps. Anarchy rules the streets, with the wealthy insulated and living in fortified skyscrapers. Drama revolves around a group of scavengers who must thwart an attempt to overthrow the city while the dead are evolving from brainless slow-moving creatures into more advanced creatures.

NeewollaH
02-08-2005, 03:59 PM
That thing is clearly a fake, look at the zombies!!!!! They're straight off of the DOTD '04 Poster!!!!

Slapshot
02-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by NeewollaH
That thing is clearly a fake, look at the zombies!!!!! They're straight off of the DOTD '04 Poster!!!!

Hey, I'm just gong by what they said.

Now that I look at it I am actually starting to think that it is a fake also, the Zombies do look like the ones off the '04 poster and I doubtthe movie is even rated yet let alone it be Rated "R" considering all the other ones were NR.

Phatty Matty
02-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Can't believe B-D actually fell for that poster.......pretty crappy poster indeed.

Silverpsycho
02-09-2005, 04:05 AM
I am so looking forward to the real poster! I'd like for it to be somewhat simple like the others in the past. Out of all of them, I really like the Dawn one (of course) and the Day one is pretty cool with the overlapping posters.

I too am somewhat worried of the CGI looking poor. I am really against that stuff unless it is only used slightly but I fully trust Romero in this project and I know it will be kept to a minimum. I am just curious as to how the collapsing bridge will look as other various spots in the film.

So how many times does everyone here plan on seeing it? I think I am going to be crazy and buy a ticket for each showing on the first day at my local theatre. Only problem is that sometimes certain movies are only given like 4 showings right off the bat, but I hope this does not happen. I am just so damn psyched for this movie that I really want it to be the film I have seen most in the theatre. Plus, it will be my very first Romero "dead" film in the theatre. It's pretty exciting for me and I am counting down the days. :D

atomic dog
02-09-2005, 04:23 AM
i know it's a teaser poster but it gets us all into it again and ready for a nice halloween release. this is on my must see list.

Chomp_on_this
02-09-2005, 09:54 AM

Exactly. That poster is CLEARLY fan made. You can line those zombies up directly with the ones on the DOTD remake poster.

Infact it has just been debunked: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=3297&Template=newsfull

Good call NeewollaH...

Originally posted by Ringu
Hey, I'm just gong by what they said.

Now that I look at it I am actually starting to think that it is a fake also, the Zombies do look like the ones off the '04 poster and I doubtthe movie is even rated yet let alone it be Rated "R" considering all the other ones were NR.

Land of the Dead will carry an R rating...it is the first Dead flick to carry one. But we will be getting the unrated version when the DVD is released.

Slapshot
02-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Exactly. That poster is CLEARLY fan made. You can line those zombies up directly with the ones on the DOTD remake poster.

Infact it has just been debunked: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=3297&Template=newsfull

Good call NeewollaH...

Land of the Dead will carry an R rating...it is the first Dead flick to carry one. But we will be getting the unrated version when the DVD is released.

Oh that's good that we will be getting it Unrated on DVD then.

NeewollaH
02-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Well, be it fake or not, this has rejuvinated my excitement for this movie. I can't wait to see this. Do I really need to list why? I have a feeling I'm going to see the movie, get floored by it, and then turn around and walk right back in...

Chomp_on_this
02-17-2005, 07:25 PM
I wish they'd release a little promotional image. I mean, they're done shooting the thing, and all we have to show for it is a couple of hard to make out pics. Throw us a fricken bone here.

zombie commando
02-21-2005, 03:37 PM
I really would rather be taken completely by surprise as I step into the theater next October to watch what could be the greatest zombie movie ever....

Chomp_on_this
03-02-2005, 02:44 PM
I just want SOMETHING to comfort and cradle me...telling me everything will be alright and that the film is on it's way.

By the way...members of the Zombie Army...any points you have remaining to your account will carry over for when Land of the Dead merchandise gets stocked up...i.e. posters and other promotional items. I can't wait to see what they have in store...I have 2000 bones left and I am jonesin' for some zombie memorabilia.

And here is a little interview with SOTD star Simon Pegg:

Last November, director George Romero asked Shaun of the Dead co-writer and star Simon Pegg and co-writer and director Edgar Wright to catch a flight from London to Toronto and spend some time on the set of his new movie Land of the Dead, starring Simon Baker (Red Planet), Asia Argento (XXX), Dennis Hopper (Speed), John Leguizamo (Moulin Rogue) and Robert Joy (The Shipping News). Pegg, being such a huge fan of Romero's, jumped at the opportunity. "So we went over to Canada and shot a scene in Land of the Dead," he tells IGN FilmForce. "We were there and back in about all of a week, thereabout. It was kind of a short thing we did, and they've just wrapped up filming on the movie. It was very nice of him to invite us. It was great fun."

Getting the chance to work with Romero, and inevitably appear in the film, was one of the highlights of the year for Pegg, a devout fan of each of the director's prior films – Night of the Living Dead, Day of the Dead and Dawn of the Dead. His film Shaun of the Dead, of course, featured countless references to Romero's work, as well as similar camera set-ups and edits, and even at some points including the actual music cues from Goblin's score for Dawn of the Dead. "He really enjoyed Shaun of the Dead," says Pegg. "All of the references and whatnot. He had quite a laugh... mind you: with us, not at us. And just being there, it was a lovely gesture and we just had a great time."

So enthused were Pegg and Wright about this opportunity, they made sure they got the whole thing on video. "We had a film crew come with us to video it, a B-roll film crew doing the EPK," says Pegg. "So it was like us and our film crew and him and his film crew. It was like that scene in Man Bites Dog."

One of Pegg and Wright's objectives was to get some footage working with, Pegg says, the "incredibly sweet!" Asia Argento. Unfortunately, none of the scenes in which they appeared featured her. "Asia actually wasn't around until the very last night we shot because we were doing night shoots," says Pegg. "The majority of the time we were there was night shoots. After we finished, we learned she was around."

Undaunted, Pegg and Wright had a plan. "On our last day we went out into Toronto and got a bit drunk and then came back on set to watch the last part of the shoot," Pegg laughs. "And then we got to film her. She was really sweet. She looks great and she's a lot of fun. She should appear in more films. You don't see her enough. "

Asia didn't overwhelmingly participate in the "drunken debauchery" says Pegg, but she did get to see the Shaun boys somewhat inebriated. "Well, I wasn't uproariously drunk, I was just tipsy," says Pegg. "I can hide it quite well. Edgar can't. Edgar looks like a cat, a little kitten falling asleep, when he's drunk."

And wouldn't you know it, Pegg and Wright still had some Shaun promotional work to do that evening. " When we got back to the set we had to do some idents for the DVD release for Universal," Pegg laughs. "They had the guys come out to the set. The guys that did the EPK for Universal actually kind of just picked us up doing that. I was like, 'Hi, I'm Simon Pegg and you've got to buy this DVD' and that kind of thing. I'm telling you, they'll never use them. We just look like a couple of lushes."

So when will we see Pegg's Land of the Dead video footage? Frankly, he's not sure where it will end up. Perhaps as an extra on the Land of the Dead DVD entitled Simon Pegg's Video Diary? Perhaps.

Silverpsycho
03-02-2005, 06:52 PM
Yeah, I read that. That is pretty exciting...especially from the man Simon Pegg! I am so incredibly psyched for the free Land of the Dead stuff in the Zombie Army. Hopefully it will be some really nifty stuff. :D

zombie commando
03-14-2005, 08:02 AM
An interview with Romero.....

http://www.dark-universe.com/archives/march/news-new-romero.htm

"George A Romero was recently interviewed by Edge magazine, the very popular computer and video games magazine over here in the UK. He was asked a few questions on his upcoming plans for the new zombie/horror video games that will be hitting your consoles soon.
Your work has always fascinated videogame makers, but there's never been an offical George A Romero title. So why now, and why Kuju/Hip?

It came around (laughs) I don't know how to respond to that: I've always been intrested. I have a 13- year - old at home who's like a fanatic. I worked for a while on the movie version of Resident Evil but it never panned out. THey didn't like the work that I did - the Capcom people did, the producers didn't (laughs). I really just got fascinated by that game. I didn't play it - my assistant played it and recorded it so I could watch it while I worked on my script. I thought 'Gee, it'd be nice to do a game'.

There's been a big Electronic Entertainment College for the last couple of years in Pittsburgh. I went over there and hung out a little bit with the people who were designing games - or wanted to design games - and we talked about the possibiliy of a zombie game. But we never really got it off the ground - they don't have distribution or publication there.

I've been intrested, and it was just coincidental that I got the call asking if I'd wanted to collaborate on some games. I said "OK, this might be a good way to get involved in the business and just learn about it.

What is your role on the project and how much control do you have?

Of course contractually I have certain approvals over the games and storyline. I recently did a comic book series for DC and I was heavily involved: I'd love to be as involved in these games. I'm going to get more involved in the next few weeks in both storyline and gameplay.

If the marketing people on the game had to pull out one of it's aspects for the back of the box, would it be it's ability to scare, it's storyline, action or something else?

We don't want to reveal what the game will be about this early - I scare the shit out of them! (laughs).

How do you think people will know they're playing a bona fide George A Romero game?

Oh man, give me a break (laughs). Wait til you see it and you'll feel my touch.

How familier are you with games that take obvioius inspiration from your work? The 1990 computer game, Zombi, for example is a direct lift of Dawn Of The Dead. How do such 'tributes' make you feel?

Well, it's always flattering -it's just like when people make films that are, what do you call them, rip-off's or homage? Of course, it's flattering. The Resident Evil ones are the only ones I have any familiarity with.

What's your opinion of the movies that have been made from videogames, such as the Resident Evil series and House Of The Dead?

I'm prejudiced in my thoughts on Resident Evil because I worked on it and I thought my script was better (laughs). I have to say I didn't like it very much - I didn't think it did justice to the game. I thought it could have been a terriffic movie. House Of The Dead - something else again. i don't know the game well enough so I really don't know.

How closely do you expect your game to follow the themes of your dead movies?

It's in no way taken from my movies or previous charaters, it reflects what I have loved and still love in the horror genre. I do have, as i say, some approvals to try and keep it true to my kind of lore.

Your zombie movies often see prominent characters eventually dying yet, in videogames, the players objective is commonly to keep people alive, What's your take on this apparent conflict?

I don't think it's a conflict. I've kept people alive since Dawn and, in the film I'm finishing now I conciosly kept some humans and zombies alive so I could continue their story. This will have a much bigger release than any of my other films. If it's lucky enough to be a hit, they're going to want to see a sequel so I left it open that way. It's really the first film where all the principal charaters die. I'd like to see games where there's more interaction between players. One of the themes I've always used in my films is the lack of communication - people can probably come out much better if they just talk to each other. This is part of the direction we're heading in with this game - making people play together.

Finally, do you get to play videogames yourself?

I don't, I have to say - I only see them through my son's eyes, I don't have any eye coordination (laughs). I'm just fascinated by it as a medium. I can't wait to be more involved and to become more educated in the field."

Notice he suggests that LOTD could be treated with a sequel if it is a hit........

atomic dog
03-14-2005, 08:06 AM
i still like this. man if it could only come faster.

Chomp_on_this
04-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Boy, I hope some new pics or SOMETHING pops up soon....I am starting to lose interest in this film. It's just there has been such a drought of any information whatsoever on the this movie. I hope everything is going smoothly.

zombie commando
04-06-2005, 06:41 AM
I feel the same way Chomp. It's like this flick really dropped off the radar recently.

NeewollaH
04-08-2005, 03:44 AM
And finally something has!

From B-D:

Time to gush with joy because I've got some big big news for you all! After losing the battle and storming off the set on the last day of shooting, it looks as if George Romero has won the war. I've just been informed that Universal is so happy with Romero's Land of the Dead that they've given him more money to do some (what I've been told) "extremely necessary" reshoots. I cannot tell you specifically what, but I can say I've heard some incredibly optimistic things about Romero's fourth zombie pic and it's said to become "even better." More news in the coming weeks. Land, which may see an earlier release date, stars Simon Baker, Robert Joy, John Leguizamo, Dennis Hopper, Pedro Miguel Arce, Krista Bridges, Eugene Clark, Boyd Banks, Asia Argento and many more. Click the link above more details on the movie and tons of images.

Well, that's good news...I guess. The "extremely necessary" reshoots scared me a bit, but if they're going back to fix them, I guess it's fine. Still, if Universal was optimistic enough to throw the crew back out there, we're gonna have a hell of a movie on our hands.

zombie commando
04-08-2005, 06:59 AM
Translation: some of the scenes shot on the miniscule budget (miniscule compared to what it should be for such a grand undertaking) given to Romero came out terrible, and George put his big old boot into somebody's backside for more dough to get the shots that he needed to make the scenes work.

boogeyman87
04-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Does this mean that the bridge scene will be added into the film? Does anyone thats possible?

atomic dog
04-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by boogeyman87
Does this mean that the bridge scene will be added into the film? Does anyone thats possible?
what scene is that?

boogeyman87
04-08-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by atomic dog
what scene is that?

Well didnt GAR want to use a bridge in the movie and have this big bridge scene but couldnt because of budget. I think this was true.

Silverpsycho
04-08-2005, 05:44 PM
I thought the bridge scene was being done with CGI which is costly but it was one of the tiny minor things that Romero was going to use. He knows fans are not all into the high tech looking Hollywood crap (at least I'm not) and was only going to use hints of CGI...this was one of them. I would love to see a bridge blow up somewhere in the film so I am crossing my fingers that it looks good...if it is added to the film.

Slapshot
04-08-2005, 06:00 PM
I thought the bridge scene was being done with CGI which is costly but it was one of the tiny minor things that Romero was going to use. He knows fans are not all into the high tech looking Hollywood crap (at least I'm not) and was only going to use hints of CGI...this was one of them. I would love to see a bridge blow up somewhere in the film so I am crossing my fingers that it looks good...if it is added to the film.

I'm with you, I prefer live things not CGI things. I'd much rather prefer a guy in an Alien suit than a CGI Alien and I'd much rather see good old live FX.

Silverpsycho
04-08-2005, 11:21 PM
I'm with you, I prefer live things not CGI things. I'd much rather prefer a guy in an Alien suit than a CGI Alien and I'd much rather see good old live FX.
Definitely because technology is what brought down the Star Wars films (at least IV - VI...I loved the original puppet stuff). I am not all that worried about Romero though...as he is no Lucas. I believe Romero actually cares about his fans and what they would want/prefer from his zombie films. From what I have heard on other message boards (mainly dedicated to Romero's films), they don't sound as optimistic about Land. I am mainly psyched that I will be able to see an actual Romero "dead" flick in the theatre. That to me will be historical. I plan on going quite a bit so I can feel like I was a part of Romero's cult zombie phenomenon and all its glory. :D

boogeyman87
04-08-2005, 11:25 PM
I just hope for "his" movie and his vision. If its that, and he hasnt caved in, then it will be worth it. Totally worth it.

Chomp_on_this
04-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Translation: some of the scenes shot on the miniscule budget (miniscule compared to what it should be for such a grand undertaking) given to Romero came out terrible, and George put his big old boot into somebody's backside for more dough to get the shots that he needed to make the scenes work.

All I have to say is it's about damn time. Romero has let movie companies dictate to him his whole movie-making career, and everytime he has conceded. He hates any kind of real life conflict...but this time he is fed up with it. This time it's his way or the highway.

YOU TELL 'EM GEORGE. "No one fucks with the King".

Maxvayne
04-10-2005, 06:15 AM
All I have to say is it's about damn time. Romero has let movie companies dictate to him his whole movie-making career, and everytime he has conceded. He hates any kind of real life conflict...but this time he is fed up with it. This time it's his way or the highway.

YOU TELL 'EM GEORGE. "No one fucks with the King".

Amen.

It's about time the studios should litsen to the filmakers.

I cannot wait to see this movie:p

Silverpsycho
04-11-2005, 06:45 PM
For all those who are not a part of The Zombie Army, I bring you awesome news!!!

This was posted today:

"Land of the Dead" Release Date Pushed Up to 6/24/05!!!

Posted by: on Apr 11, 2005 07:04pm EDT

Attention soldiers of The Zombie Army – Due to an unmatched level of excitement concerning George Romero’s Land of the Dead, NBC Universal has decided to push the release date up to June 24 2005! Now time is short, and we have to mobilize the army quickly for the Spring Offensive. Stay tuned for the upcoming trailer, news, challenges, and exclusive content – more of everything – as we get ready for Land of the Dead to assault theatres this June!

I cannot wait! :D
For all those who wish to be a part of the Zombie Army and get free promotional stuff (no strings, it is all really free, not even shipping charges) then click the ZA link in my signature below.

MMyers89
04-11-2005, 06:50 PM
SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!

boogeyman87
04-11-2005, 06:54 PM
I was rather fine with the October release. I'm the fan of horror movies being released around all hallow's eve, Halloween. June makes it out to be a blockbuster movie. But the good to come out of this is that I and we will get to see it sooner. I cant wait for the trailer.

Maxvayne
04-11-2005, 07:02 PM
I just Creamed my pants!

NeewollaH
04-12-2005, 03:25 AM

HOLY SHIIITTT!!!!!!

atomic dog
04-12-2005, 03:33 AM
it's about time. this better be real. i'm tired of moving the date around in my calendar.

zombie commando
04-12-2005, 05:47 AM
My boner just exploded. Now I sit there like a menstrating elephant, covered in my own blood, semen, and chunks of testicle; yet I cannot remove this smile from my face.

Chomp_on_this
04-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Fuckin....

Chomp_on_this
04-12-2005, 10:20 AM
A!!!!!!!

That would be great news IF THEY HAD SOME GODAMN MARKETING!!!!!!!!!

Seriously...if the movie is to be pushed up by THAT much time, how much time does that give to promote the thing? My inner fan is screaming FUCK YEA, but my sensibility is saying this may ruin LOTD's money making capabilites. We'll see!

That means within the next couple of weeks we should be force fed everything that is Land of the Dead. One can only hopppppppppppppeeeeeee!!

Silverpsycho
04-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more this feels like a bad idea. Land will now be up against some pretty big movies and I can't help but think that October 21st would have been better for sales. Plus the marketing has super sucked for this film. All I have are like 2 official pictures and that is it. The best I can do is promote the heck out of this at the Star Wars: Episode III premiere with homemade flyers...unless the Zombie Army comes with some great looking ones to print out for the public. I just wish that that place was more on the ball or that some site was because this film needs to be heavily promoted and fast. Even though I am blown away and psyched myself that Land is being released earlier, it will do nothing more than hurt sales...which ultimately sucks.

Slapshot
04-12-2005, 01:39 PM
I am happy that this is being released earlier but as said by others I too think that October would've been the perfect time to release this movie. Horror movies in October sell like Turkeys at Thanksgiving. I really hope that this makes some good money though and this doesn't hurt it too badly. This will be my first "Dead" film to be seen in Theaters, I am really excited.

Silverpsycho
04-12-2005, 02:37 PM
I am happy that this is being released earlier but as said by others I too think that October would've been the perfect time to release this movie. Horror movies in October sell like Turkeys at Thanksgiving. I really hope that this makes some good money though and this doesn't hurt it too badly. This will be my first "Dead" film to be seen in Theaters, I am really excited.
Right on Ringu! I too am in the same boat with Land being my first Romero "dead" flick in the theatre. I have been highly anticipating it for so long and I have been mega excited. At least I know a lot of ticket sales will be coming from me. :D I plan on bugging everyone I know into going more than once.

boogeyman87
04-12-2005, 02:39 PM
I thought this really wasnt about the money though? Does Romero care for the box office gross? This is I.E. the last Dead film, right? What good is the money, its the quality of the movie. But of course go see it 10 times...if you enjoy the film.

Silverpsycho
04-12-2005, 03:33 PM
I thought this really wasnt about the money though? Does Romero care for the box office gross? This is I.E. the last Dead film, right? What good is the money, its the quality of the movie. But of course go see it 10 times...if you enjoy the film.
Actually, I don't really care how much money it rolls in but the more money it does make, the longer the life it has in the theatres. Plus, it would be nice to see Romero's "dead" films go out with a bang. I think all his dedicated fans would like to see that happen, whether it be Romero's wish or not. Either way, I will be doing my part to help out Land's life in the theatre.

zombie commando
04-13-2005, 06:20 AM

It's not necessarily his last film. He said if this does good he may make a sequel to it.

boogeyman87
04-13-2005, 06:26 AM
It's not necessarily his last film. He said if this does good he may make a sequel to it.

Hmm, which I thought about..I was a fan of the trilogy. And thought Land of the Dead was like the Final Chapter of zombie films. Then I guess we need our New Begining. Which I'll love.

zombie commando
04-13-2005, 06:31 AM
Any Living Dead sequels are welcomed. I fiend for these flicks like a heroine addict does for a rusty needle.

Silverpsycho
04-13-2005, 08:07 AM
I had no idea that Romero had this in mind. Now I will try and pimp the hell out of this film...lol. I will try and bug people at every big premiere to get their butts in to see Land of the Dead. I would love to see a sequal...even though I have not even seen what this one looks like. I am just an addicted zombie fan now so...bring 'em on! :D

zombie commando
04-13-2005, 08:11 AM
I have little doubt in my mind that this thing will be awesome, it's just a matter of spreading the word once it's out. I have NEVER heard of them pushing a movie up by this far. Plus they are confident enough to have to battle Batman and War of the Worlds. Unprecedented, and very ballsy. Only time will tell if this was an idiotic move on their behalf.

Slapshot
04-13-2005, 11:06 AM
While it may not be about the money, everyone wants a film (series) they really love to succeed. I (along with all of you) want LOTD to be really friggin' awesome, but I'd also love for it to make some serious money and be a big movie, Horror is making a comeback and I want it to continue to do so with good, big movies like this.

zombie commando
04-13-2005, 02:10 PM
I think we all want to see it make big bucks, and apparently some folks at Universal think it will be better off being shown in that time period. I predict a LOTD DVD by either November or December.

DarthMyers
04-13-2005, 03:32 PM
I predict that this will be one to be "reckoned" with at the box office...

zombie commando
04-13-2005, 04:03 PM
I dead reckon you are right Darth.

Chomp_on_this
04-13-2005, 06:35 PM
Rumors are floating around that the trailer will be attached to the sequal to XXX

...good move or not?

atomic dog
04-14-2005, 03:33 AM
Rumors are floating around that the trailer will be attached to the sequal to XXX

...good move or not?
i'd say yes. at least to get the voices talking.

zombie commando
04-14-2005, 05:23 AM

...good move or not?

Looks like I'm going to have to sneak in to watch that turd.

zombie commando
04-14-2005, 10:11 AM
from http://www.cinemaeye.com/index.php/weblog/more/974/
"
BEHIND THE SCENES: Land of the Dead
Note: Huge thanks to Roy Frumkes for writing this exclusive behind-the-scenes article about the creation of George Romero’s LAND OF THE DEAD. You may remember that Roy is the director of the cult-classic DOCUMENT OF THE DEAD which documented the production of Romero’s DAWN OF THE DEAD. Now Frumke is back on the set of Romero’s new movie making a new documentary. We at Cinema Eye were incredibly excited to learn the news. The following article should only further whet your appetite. We will be bringing you more DEAD coverage as we get closer to the films actual release date.

It was a call out of the blue. Mike Ruggiero at the Independent Film Channel was curious to know if I would be available to direct and host a TV special on the Toronto location of George Romero’s LAND OF THE DEAD. Does a zombie know how to bite? I was already packing my suitcase, and the shoot was still two weeks off.
Canada has for some time been saving US film productions megabucks, both in tax incentives, and in the buying power of the US dollar. George shot his last film, BRUISER, in Canada, and other friends have done the same: Jimmy Muro, who directed STREET TRASH, was Director of Photography on OPEN RANGE in Calgary, and Bryan Singer, who was once a lowly Production Assistant on STREET TRASH, directed
X MEN 2 north of the border.

However, by the time we got there, the dollar’s buying power had drastically declined, and few American films were traveling North in hopes of such savings. The Canadian crew was enthusiastic because of the opportunity to work with Romero, who is much loved. But otherwise they were a dour, sensitive lot. It looked like, at least for the time being, the honeymoon was over.

George was under a lot of pressure, compressing the script, doing whatever was necessary to meet the new economic crunch. I’d seen him under such conditions before, with TWO EVIL EYES, when the lab ruined five days of shooting. His kind nature remains, but you can feel the strain. We first ran into each other in a white, endless corridor inside an abandoned military base outside the city. It felt very DAWN OF THE DEAD to see him ambling in my direction. When he realized it was me, there was a warm hug. I hadn’t seen him for a few years. It had been 26 years since I first documented his work, and 15 years since the last time. He was preoccupied, so I quickly let him continue on his way.

Then my crew and producer and I went exploring. The facility was vast: bigger than any two film studios combined. You could film two features within eyeshot of each other but the sound on one wouldn’t intrude on the other. At one point our cameraman pointed and said “I think that’s John LeGuizamo.” I looked. The tiny figure was two football fields away, and looked like an ant. There was no way to distinguish any features on it, and yet…it was definitely LeGuizamo. Just…something about it. So I hopped out of ‘Dead Reckoning’, where we were setting up lights and gels for interviews, and trotted in the distant humanoid’s direction. When I got within one football field I shouted, “John?” It stopped, paused, and headed in my direction. I kept talking, explaining who we were. He wasn’t on our schedule to shoot, but slowly I reeled him in, and when he got close enough to converse with me, he figured he might as well go all the way and do the interview, so we hauled him into the anti-zombie vehicle and stole a few minutes of his time.

That’s pretty much how it was, and how it’s always been, doing these documentaries. You’re on a live set, with people going about their business, and time is money. So we were like guerilla filmmakers, prowling about stealthily, capturing footage and interviews when we could. George responded to this, since his zombie films are also war films. We’ve always gotten along; rarely gotten in his way.
Tom Savini was back, too. In fact, our access to the shoot was timed by Universal Pictures to coincide with his appearance. 26 years ago one of his biker cronies smashed a pie in my face – blueberry, incidentally – and so it was really shaping up as old home week in Toronto. Savini, now 58, was the same wired, remarkably fit individual he was half our lifetimes ago. He was talking up a new TV type series called THE CHILL FACTOR, that he’s selling on the internet, the way David Lynch has been selling ERASERHEAD.

We all moved out onto the location – three city streets converted into the ‘Zombie Ghetto’. Wonderful art direction. 150 crew members. 125 actors and extras. Lots of energy. Very cold! I had to give those Canadian extras credit. I was wearing four layers, and one by one the cold penetrated them, seeking me out. George, in a parka, was marching around, conferring with the various department heads and actors. He was still looming above them, like he did in that shopping mall so long ago outside Pittsburgh. It’s a great advantage for a director to be six foot four – you don’t have to yell to get everyone’s attention. They just look for your disembodied head, floating above the crowd.

I know I’ve set the scene rather tantalizingly, and now you’re all waiting for the details, but I’d be remiss if I let any cats out of the bag. LAND OF THE DEAD is filled with surprises, with carefully thought out details and plot elements that fans will be euphoric about. But I don’t think I should reveal any of them just yet. However, like yourselves, I’m looking forward passionately to the end result. If all goes as planned, my latest coverage of George will be aired on both the Independent Film Channel and The Monster Channel a month before the film comes out next Fall.
Take care,
Roy Frumkes "

zombie commando
04-15-2005, 06:27 AM
New pics for you nutballs.....

http://home.woh.rr.com/mmmwp/LOTD1.jpg

http://home.woh.rr.com/mmmwp/LOTD2.jpg

atomic dog
04-15-2005, 06:45 AM
wow, dead people. man i love zombies!!!

Silverpsycho
04-15-2005, 12:00 PM
Nice, it's BIG DADDY! :D Thanks for sharing the new pics here ZC

InfiniteFury
04-17-2005, 05:52 PM
I can't f_cking wait! I'll be there opening day and make it a
point to be EATING while I'm watching it and hopefully piss off all of the people-mostly brainwashed teenagers-who are NOT
going to like this film because-well, I hope-of the gore, guts,
vast amounts of blood, violence and everything that makes a
Romero film worth watching. I truly hope it isn't watered down and makes all the youngins puke, squirm, and cringe at
it. I even hope some walk out! F_ck 'em! I want the horror I grew up with BACK!! Something like "Day Of The Dead", "Zombie" and "Return Of The Living Dead" all together in one with all the good stuff. As a diehard, old school fan I DO NOT
want to see any CGI bullsh_t, WB channel alumni actors and
actresses popping in to ruin it (the cast announced is better than, say, the cast of the fourth fiasco for "The Crow"!), or anything that reeks of modern day "Scream" formulas put in it at all.

The Shape 1978
04-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Does anyone know if Tom Savini, is involved with Land Of The Dead?

InfiniteFury
04-17-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by The Shape 1978
Does anyone know if Tom Savini, is involved with Land Of The Dead?

He's in it and plays a zombie called "Blade". According to Greg Nicotero's recent interview Tom isn't as interested in FX these days which is sad, but it's his decision. Greg is taking the helm on this one and from what I've read it sounds like it is going to be uncompromising and killer.

Chomp_on_this
04-17-2005, 08:27 PM
Blade Returns!!!!!!!

zombie commando
04-18-2005, 05:15 AM
Hopefully we see a zombie Blade make his entrance.

MMyers89
04-18-2005, 05:11 PM
BLADE, from DOTD, SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

Holy shit I can't wait!!!

boogeyman87
04-19-2005, 03:03 PM
Where's my ticket to France?

"So we’re all psyched that Land of the Dead is hitting theaters a full four months earlier than originally planned, but how far would you go to see just 20 minutes of it a month early?

All you have to do is fly to France! Variety is reporting that 20 minutes of Land of the Dead will be shown during one of the midnight screenings this year. Sure it's not much, but it's something, right? David Cronenberg's A History of Violence will also debut as part of the regular competition.

If you’re not able to make it to Cannes, well, you’ve really only got an extra month to wait to see the whole thing on the big screen, so I think you’ll survive. Right?

A History of Violence hits theaters on September 30th courtesy of New Line Cinema; Universal unleashes Land of the Dead on June 24th."

Link- Cannes Sees Some Land (http://www.horrorchannel.com/dread/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1426)

Silverpsycho
04-19-2005, 05:31 PM
Um, I am packing my bags at this very moment! :D ...at least I sure wish I was. Man o man I would love to see 20 full minutes but then again, I am happy to be seeing this a whole lot sooner than originally planned. I am just trying to get some hype going so I will have a bunch more people in the same boat as me. As I said before, I really, really, really want to see this film do well whether it be Romero's last zombie film or not.

NeewollaH
04-19-2005, 05:51 PM
Where's my ticket to France?

"So we’re all psyched that Land of the Dead is hitting theaters a full four months earlier than originally planned, but how far would you go to see just 20 minutes of it a month early?

All you have to do is fly to France! Variety is reporting that 20 minutes of Land of the Dead will be shown during one of the midnight screenings this year. Sure it's not much, but it's something, right? David Cronenberg's A History of Violence will also debut as part of the regular competition.

If you’re not able to make it to Cannes, well, you’ve really only got an extra month to wait to see the whole thing on the big screen, so I think you’ll survive. Right?

A History of Violence hits theaters on September 30th courtesy of New Line Cinema; Universal unleashes Land of the Dead on June 24th."

Link- Cannes Sees Some Land (http://www.horrorchannel.com/dread/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1426)

Goddamn, Goddamn, and the new Cronenberg film? I only wish I was going to France sooner (I'm going next March..). Still, it's only a month..and hopefully it'll get leaked somewheres on the 'net..

Chomp_on_this
04-19-2005, 06:35 PM
France? pffft....as far as I am concerned I still eat Freedom Fries. LoL

I have just received word that we may see the LOTD trailer online as soon as Wednesday...whether its this Wednesday or the next is still to be determined...LoL.

And secondly, I CANNOT WAIT for the new Cronenberg film "A History of Violence". The only thing is, I am afraid it might do miserably at the box office, due to the fact most of his films are highly advanced for their time...audiences may not exactly get it. But I don't care...I only care that I will love it!

atomic dog
04-20-2005, 03:36 AM
France? pffft....as far as I am concerned I still eat Freedom Fries. LoL

don't forget liberty cabbage

NeewollaH
04-20-2005, 03:43 AM

And secondly, I CANNOT WAIT for the new Cronenberg film "A History of Violence". The only thing is, I am afraid it might do miserably at the box office, due to the fact most of his films are highly advanced for their time...audiences may not exactly get it. But I don't care...I only care that I will love it!

Yeah, damn right. I can't believe Videodrome was given, what, 1 star when it first came out. Wasn't it called "the worst movie of all time" by Ebert? Critics...

zombie commando
04-20-2005, 05:27 AM
Cronenberg's flicks seem to always be more appreciated later on. His stuff in Videodrome predated the internet, the Matrix, etc. Adding the LOTD trailer to his new flick pegs out my cool meter.

zombie commando
04-25-2005, 10:44 AM
http://www.horrorchannel.com/dread/images/news2/landofthedeadpic5.jpg

Silverpsycho
04-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Nice pic! Thanks for finding it ZC...you always seem to run into them first. :D

zombie commando
04-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Nice pic! Thanks for finding it ZC...you always seem to run into them first. :D Well I've always got my ear to the dirt listening for the dead things to reawaken.

NeewollaH
04-26-2005, 05:32 PM
http://www.horrorchannel.com/dread/images/news2/landofthedeadpic5.jpg

!!!! Awesome!!!

Ideas are springing up in my head all over right now. I'm so happy I never read the script...

zombie commando
04-27-2005, 06:49 AM
I saw XXX2 last night, but sadly there was no zombies in sight when the trailers rolled around. I really hope we get a trailer soon....

boogeyman87
04-27-2005, 03:13 PM
My hopes are up and down for this movie. The picture is iffy. Honestly I dont like it. The trailer though will prove me wrong. I hope it does.

NeewollaH
04-27-2005, 03:18 PM
My hopes are up and down for this movie. The picture is iffy. Honestly I dont like it. The trailer though will prove me wrong. I hope it does.

I will admit, it reminded me of Flyboy in Dawn of the Dead a bit, and the whole Bub leading the zombie army off into the sunset deal of Day, but cmon, it's Romero!!! Have a little more faith than that..;)

NeewollaH
04-27-2005, 06:09 PM
HOLY SHIT TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/georgearomeroslandofthedead.html

Edit: Okay, now that I've watched it like 15 times in a row, I'm officially psyched as hell!!! It's finally coming, it's finally here!

Dennis Hopper is the man..."Zombies, man....creep me out.."

June is too far away...

Chomp_on_this
04-27-2005, 06:37 PM
Wooooooooooooo BABY!

Yea, it looks awesome, but I bet it would have been better without that Resident Evil music? WTF was with that? There better not be any of that shit in the actual film.

I wonder if Big Daddy will be the "Bub" for Land of the Dead...

boogeyman87
04-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Hmmm....doesnt sit well with me. I guess I was expecting something else.

Chomp_on_this
04-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Like what? That doesn't help us by italicizing the word "else". Explain. Elaborate! I thought everything looked great except for my qualm with the music.

They gave nods to the three past films, that's a definate plus in my book...

NeewollaH
04-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Hmmm....doesnt sit well with me. I guess I was expecting something else.

Dude, cmon!! It's Hollywood! Do you honestly think they'd show Romero's usual camera styles in a preview? They want to draw all of the different audiences with the jumpy views and loud music and blah de blah de blah. It's there, you can see his style in bits and pieces, but of course they can't show it, Universal wants to make money off of it, mucho moolah considering the push-up in the release date. If you weren't expecting this, you must've been hiding under a rock or something.

Chomp_on_this
04-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Dude, cmon!! It's Hollywood! Do you honestly think they'd show Romero's usual camera styles in a preview? They want to draw all of the different audiences with the jumpy views and loud music and blah de blah de blah. It's there, you can see his style in bits and pieces, but of course they can't show it, Universal wants to make money off of it, mucho moolah considering the push-up in the release date. If you weren't expecting this, you must've been hiding under a rock or something.

HAHA...yea man, you tell that Lunkhead to appreciate! You know what the buzz is...

boogeyman87
04-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Sorry guys, I'll respond to all the hate later. The trailer fucked up my computer and its currently frozen and wont shut off. I dont know what to do. If your curious I'm using my parents computer for the moment but I have to get back to trying to fix my computer. Thanks alot windows trailer....I had a good response written too.

Chomp_on_this
04-27-2005, 07:36 PM
Sorry guys, I'll respond to all the hate later. The trailer fucked up my computer and its currently frozen and wont shut off. I dont know what to do. If your curious I'm using my parents computer for the moment but I have to get back to trying to fix my computer. Thanks alot windows trailer....I had a good response written too.

LoL...it wasn't hate, just questioning.

See Chris, that's why you always download in Quicktime format whenever possible. Heh.

I'd tell ya to watch the trailer again, but I don't want you to blow your PC up...ha!

boogeyman87
04-27-2005, 07:59 PM
Like what? That doesn't help us by italicizing the word "else". Explain. Elaborate! I thought everything looked great except for my qualm with the music.

They gave nods to the three past films, that's a definate plus in my book...

Okay, lets see if I remember. Music definantely pissed me off. I understand its trailer music(at this point) but it is getting annoying. I agree with you on the nods in the begining. That was great to see scenes from the past and get the current zombie updated.

Sorry, I'm not a crazy GAR (or longstanding) fan so I wouldnt be able to pick out his style with such a quick trailer. I understand the business and I know if it had been the way I wanted it the casual audience wouldnt of been interested. Though that June release date is also hindering it from my point of view.

LoL...it wasn't hate, just questioning.

See Chris, that's why you always download in Quicktime format whenever possible. Heh.

I'd tell ya to watch the trailer again, but I don't want you to blow your PC up...ha!

Good to hear this isnt a lashing and more of just a discussion.:) I honestly dont know what happened with my computer there. I went back to check out the trailer a second time(to bring up if the zombies were running or not, I'm not going back to check and I dont remember so you can fill me in on that bit).

MichaelMyers
04-27-2005, 08:14 PM
I just watched the trailer. It looks pretty cool. There are some pretty well-known actors in there.
By the way, are they making a Day of the Dead remake?

Michaeleon
04-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Glorious, the blood is pumping.
I liked how they briefly revisited the past sequels in a sort of prologue fashion, and then transitioned to the present to show Land of the Dead's arrival. Those images of the past were displayed on a projector-like machine, pretty stylish.

Oh, and Dennis Hopper is kicking rad. I take it he's one of the wealthy scallywags dorming atop the skyscrapers.

atomic dog
04-28-2005, 03:22 AM
this is only a little bit but i readit last night in the magazine:

http://www.ew.com/ew/preview/movie/0,6115,1051621_1_0_,00.html

atomic dog
04-28-2005, 04:11 AM
i just watched it and wow. june 24 needs to come faster.

LegendKiller
04-28-2005, 04:16 AM
this movie just sounds like its getting better and better each month,hopefully the film lives up to the hype

Nightmareman88
04-28-2005, 06:07 AM
As anyone els seen the Land of the dead trailer?
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/geo...dofthedead.html

this movie seems pretty good

DarthMyers
04-28-2005, 06:27 AM
oooo trailer!

Just watched it, it looks pretty good. I like the intro that touches on the previous films.

NeewollaH
04-28-2005, 08:07 AM
Okay, lets see if I remember. Music definantely pissed me off. I understand its trailer music(at this point) but it is getting annoying. I agree with you on the nods in the begining. That was great to see scenes from the past and get the current zombie updated.

Sorry, I'm not a crazy GAR (or longstanding) fan so I wouldnt be able to pick out his style with such a quick trailer. I understand the business and I know if it had been the way I wanted it the casual audience wouldnt of been interested. Though that June release date is also hindering it from my point of view.

Good to hear this isnt a lashing and more of just a discussion.:) I honestly dont know what happened with my computer there. I went back to check out the trailer a second time(to bring up if the zombies were running or not, I'm not going back to check and I dont remember so you can fill me in on that bit).

Boogey, it's okay, man. You have a right to your own opinion, but it's
LAND OF THE DEAD!!!!! I'm just a little excited because the most promising horror flim of the last 10 years is on its way here!!!

The music...well, I hope they give GAR his own fucking theme. I'll be really pissed if they pull the RE theme as the LOTD theme. That's just lame as hell. No running zombies in the trailer, although it kind of looked like it upon first viewing with all the blinking/jumping/etc. etc. They're not running, think of it like the end of Day of the Dead. That wasn't a walk, it was more of a quick swagger.;) The June release date is concerned, but GAR got his reshoots, and we're getting our movie sooner. There's nothing more you can really ask for, except for more zombie gore, but we'll get that on the DVD, no doubt.

57 Days, bitches!!

atomic dog
04-28-2005, 08:14 AM
i'm almost as hyped up for this as i am for rots.

zombie commando
04-28-2005, 08:20 AM
That trailer got me wet.

Nightmareman88
04-28-2005, 08:38 AM
Can´t wait to see Land of the Dead it seems very good
but if this was meant to be Geogre final movie then he could have called it "End of the Dead";)

atomic dog
04-28-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Nightmareman88

but if this was meant to be Geogre final movie then he could have called it "End of the Dead";)

but you can't kill what's already dead...

Nightmareman88
04-28-2005, 08:46 AM
Screw you :D lol

zombie commando
04-28-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Nightmareman88
Can´t wait to see Land of the Dead it seems very good
but if this was meant to be Geogre final movie then he could have called it "End of the Dead";) This might not be his final Living Dead installment....

ten31
04-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Just saw the trailer. It looks good. Hopefully it can hold up to his other three flicks.

zombie commando
04-28-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by ten31
Just saw the trailer. It looks good. Hopefully it can hold up to his other three flicks. I believe it will. From what I hear the script has alot of post 9/11 commentary, and nobody, I mean NOBODY is safe in this installment.

atomic dog
04-28-2005, 10:36 AM
This might not be his final Living Dead installment....
it also said in the trailer a new circle of events (or something like that)

zombie commando
04-28-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by atomic dog
it also said in the trailer a new circle of events (or something like that) Precisely, and George has also said in interviews that if this does well he may do other ones. It all hinges on this one's success, so rally as many people as you can to go watch this thing folks!

Slapshot
04-28-2005, 11:07 AM
I saw the trailer this morning and wow! I couldn't stop thinking about it all day, it was freaking awesome, I can't wait for this movie even more now! What was with Dennis Hopper saying "Zombie" though, I thought they never said it in the films, kind of an "Unnofficial Rule".

zombie commando
04-28-2005, 11:14 AM
I saw the trailer this morning and wow! I couldn't stop thinking about it all day, it was freaking awesome, I can't wait for this movie even more now! What was with Dennis Hopper saying "Zombie" though, I thought they never said it in the films, kind of an "Unnofficial Rule". Perhaps after years of being surrounded by them they finally succumbed to the reality that they were living in a world full of zombies.

DarthMyers
04-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Precisely, and George has also said in interviews that if this does well he may do other ones. It all hinges on this one's success, so rally as many people as you can to go watch this thing folks!

I thought that as well. Perhaps this will spawn an all-new trilogy instead of just being a 4th entry.

I hope so. I've been looking to another Romero Dead film for a loooooooong time.

atomic dog
04-28-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by DarthMyers
I thought that as well. Perhaps this will spawn an all-new trilogy instead of just being a 4th entry.

I hope so. I've been looking to another Romero Dead film for a loooooooong time.
you mean like the new star wars trilogy? each trilogy can work independent or together?

Silverpsycho
04-28-2005, 11:34 AM
I LOVE that lead in with all the older ones getting a quick clip...ah, goosebumps! The trailer makes the film look like a lot of fun and I am beyond psyched but I could not help but think that it looked a little Resident Evil-like. I am sure it will be better but just some things didn't take me back to that Romero old-scholl zombie feel. As I said, I am still psyched but I don't want to overdo it just in case there may be disappointment. I must admit that I am probably most excited to see John Leguizamo's performance since he really fits the description of the character he is portraying. I am hoping that everything will go smoothly once this hits theatres...I can't wait! :D

Slapshot
04-28-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by DarthMyers

First "Land of The Dead" Then "Country of the Dead" and finally "World of The Dead".:cool:

MMyers89
04-28-2005, 02:24 PM
I saw the trailer this morning and wow! I couldn't stop thinking about it all day, it was freaking awesome, I can't wait for this movie even more now! What was with Dennis Hopper saying "Zombie" though, I thought they never said it in the films, kind of an "Unnofficial Rule".

Ah, but in Dawn of the Dead, Peter says, "When they open the bay doors, there will be 1000 ZOMBIES in here."

So it IS said in the previous movies.

Slapshot
04-28-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by MMyers89
Ah, but in Dawn of the Dead, Peter says, "When they open the bay doors, there will be 1000 ZOMBIES in here."

So it IS said in the previous movies.

I must've missed that. I always thought it was like an "Unnoficial Rule" that "Zombie" was never said, especially since it was spoofed in Shaun of the Dead.

Ravenheart
04-28-2005, 03:05 PM
For some reason I get the feeling that this is going to be even weaker then Day of the Dead.Maybe I'll be wrong but who knows.

Slapshot
04-28-2005, 03:16 PM
For some reason I get the feeling that this is going to be even weaker then Day of the Dead.Maybe I'll be wrong but who knows.

I hope you are wrong.

Chomp_on_this
04-28-2005, 03:29 PM
For those of you not impressed by the trailer, it was more aimed at the people who loved movies like the DOTD remake, and the RE movies. Cause that's what sells, and they need this thing to sell. You should expect more from the actual movie itself...

I can sense the Romero eeriness, and am hoping for good Romero-esque character development and social commentary plotlines.

Ravenheart
04-28-2005, 03:36 PM
For those of you not impressed by the trailer, it was more aimed at the people who loved movies like the DOTD remake, and the RE movies. Cause that's what sells, and they need this thing to sell. You should expect more from the actual movie itself...

I can sense the Romero eeriness, and am hoping for good Romero-esque character development and social commentary plotlines.

Actually I loved the Dawn remake and liked both RE movies :D

Chomp_on_this
04-28-2005, 03:39 PM
liked both RE movies :D

I'm sorry to hear that...

boogeyman87
04-28-2005, 03:48 PM

I picked up on that and I'm still definantely going to buy the ticket and see it. Asia Argenta can get me in the seat just as much as Romero can...I'm going for both. :)