PDA

View Full Version : Most Memorable Zombie



Chomp_on_this
11-08-2004, 12:46 PM
Alrighty...when I say the word "Zombie" who is the first undead corpse that pops into your mind? Which one is implanted in your brain until the day you die? It can be from any zombie movie ever created, but I have a feeling that this thread may focus around the Dead trilogy since its the most well-known, but it doesnt have to.

For me, when I think of the word "Zombie" I think of zombified Flyboy...I just see those elevator doors opening and the Goblin music kicking in like a punch in the stomach. And his stagger and look was all around perfect. Flyboy, in my eyes, was the perfect zombie.

Roswell
11-08-2004, 01:24 PM
For me, it's a tie between the Helicopter Zombie and the Screwdriver Zombie from Dawn of The Dead, and the Shovel Zombie and Bub from Day of The Dead

Creepingmouth
11-08-2004, 01:25 PM
I don't know why but a zombie who pops always in my mind is the one who attacks a shark after a girl (Susan) escaped him in Fulci's Zombie 2

Blinkant
11-08-2004, 01:56 PM
For me it's got to be Bub from Day of the Dead and the first zombie in the graveyard of night of the living dead.

King Sly Joker
11-08-2004, 02:02 PM
For me its the zombie,in night of the living dead.The whole sequence,with Barbra and her brother,classic...

atomic dog
11-08-2004, 02:12 PM
mine would have to be the guy in dawn of the dead (original) in the apt. complex. the guy, i believe he was called harold, who walked out and bite his wife/girlfriend in the neck. he had a huge afro.


the other one would have to be in one of the return of the living dead movies where a gilr with bright red hair becomes a zombie.

King Sly Joker
11-08-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by atomic dog
mine would have to be the guy in dawn of the dead (original) in the apt. complex. the guy, i believe he was called harold, who walked out and bite his wife/girlfriend in the neck. he had a huge afro.


the other one would have to be in one of the return of the living dead movies where a gilr with bright red hair becomes a zombie.

Fro Zombie ,did take a chunk out of his girl's neck yuck..:rolleyes:

Jenn
11-08-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by King Sly Joker
For me its the zombie,in night of the living dead.The whole sequence,with Barbra and her brother,classic...

Mine too - Cemetery Zombie played by Bill Hinzman, one of the coolest guys to meet and chat with at horror cons!

zombie commando
11-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Bub pops into my mind instantly.

Chomp_on_this
11-08-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Creepingmouth
I don't know why but a zombie who pops always in my mind is the one who attacks a shark after a girl (Susan) escaped him in Fulci's Zombie 2

LoL...that will always leave an imprint...along with the Zombie on the cover of the original AB Zombie DVD case.


Originally posted by atomic dog
the other one would have to be in one of the return of the living dead movies where a gilr with bright red hair becomes a zombie.

I wonder why this won pops into your head Adog?? Hmmm....maybe it was because she was naked throughout a big part of the movie...LoL. She definately was one of the most sexiest female zombies out there...lol. It was also cool how she emerged from the mud, with the kickass soundtrack blaring the the background...one of the best parts in ROTLD.

Another one that pops in my big brain at times, is that operating table zombie in Day of the Dead, the way his guts just fall to the floor is just insane. Freaked the shit outa me the first time I saw that.

Michaeleon
11-08-2004, 06:05 PM
Oh, definitely the Michael Jackson lookalike zombie from ROTLD II. Stunning to say the least.





Okay, okay...honestly I'd have to say the cemetery zombie that chased Barbara in the original NOTLD. The expression on his face is haunting, and the unnerving way he chased Barbara to the remote farm house.
When I think of zombie that face immediately pops into my head.

Chomp_on_this
11-08-2004, 06:16 PM
TTTTTruck yea tekkon!!!!

Kickass avatar by the way...I better go start waiting in line for that DVD tomorow...LoL. I cant wait!

It's Neal
11-08-2004, 06:17 PM
For me the zombie that pops into my head is the one at the begining of Dawn of the Dead (Remake). The one that is chasing the car in the nieghborhood at the begining then totally veers off course to go kill so guy that comes out of his house. I laughed my ass off during that part. It was so random.

atomic dog
11-08-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
LoL...that will always leave an imprint...along with the Zombie on the cover of the original AB Zombie DVD case.



I wonder why this won pops into your head Adog?? Hmmm....maybe it was because she was naked throughout a big part of the movie...LoL. She definately was one of the most sexiest female zombies out there...lol. It was also cool how she emerged from the mud, with the kickass soundtrack blaring the the background...one of the best parts in ROTLD.

Another one that pops in my big brain at times, is that operating table zombie in Day of the Dead, the way his guts just fall to the floor is just insane. Freaked the shit outa me the first time I saw that.
actually the first time i saw rotld it was on tv so all the nudity was editted of course. i think it's her hair color and that soundtrack really was booming.

Chomp_on_this
11-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Sure, sure, sure...

I still have dreams of her dancing on that big gravestone marker...Hey, somebody get some light over here, Trash is taking off her clothes again.

HAHA!

Oh yea..I like it spooky.

King Sly Joker
11-08-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Jenn
Mine too - Cemetery Zombie played by Bill Hinzman, one of the coolest guys to meet and chat with at horror cons!

He was just to damn creepy.Didnt have to be gory.He looked evil enough as he was...

Michaeleon
11-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
Oh yea..I like it spooky.
Trash was a riot. What I found most funny is how her character changes so drastically once the shit hit the fan.
In the beginning she's totting around that tough and dark image of being a punk chick. Then midway through the movie she's wailing like a maniac constantly. Looks like that mask came off quickly.

At least her death wish came true. Hey baby, you said you liked it spooky!

Oliver
11-09-2004, 11:58 AM
That fat man in Shaun of the Dead who joined Mary in the garden, he just looked scary.

Chomp_on_this
11-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Michaeleon
Trash was a riot. What I found most funny is how her character changes so drastically once the shit hit the fan.
In the beginning she's totting around that tough and dark image of being a punk chick. Then midway through the movie she's wailing like a maniac constantly. Looks like that mask came off quickly.

At least her death wish came true. Hey baby, you said you liked it spooky!

Yea your right, I was expecting more of a "pleasantly surprised look" on her face rather than a "I'm dying" look....she was living out her greatest fantasy! Nah...she was a poser...most chicks are. LoL

But her rising out of the mud scene was something else...like I said before, it was the best part in the whole movie.

I thought they should have kept her real face in the movie for that bite scene with the hobo...that weird mask just looked rediculous. I wonder what the thought process was on making that desicion. :rolleyes:

Kara Strode
11-09-2004, 09:15 PM
now that I've seen Day of the Dead...I'd have to answer this one with Bub :)

zombie commando
11-09-2004, 09:15 PM
There wasn't much obviously.........or their budget was so low that even if it looked like shit they couldn't afford to reshoot it.

Donnie Darko
11-09-2004, 09:57 PM
besides Bub, i think of the zombie from Dawn that gets Rogers gun while He and Peter were locking down the mall, then later Peter is about to fuck him up and he just stops and hands him another gun, haha he still even has Rogers gun and then the zombie chooses the best rifle and lives happily ever after.

that zombie wasnt really too much of a threat, was he?

Silverpsycho
11-09-2004, 10:31 PM
I most enjoy Stephen (aka Flyboy) as a zombie in the original Dawn of the Dead. David Emge's performance was amazing! I loved the gun loosely on his finger and the dragged foot, weight on ankle sort of walk...it was terrific! Plus I also have to say Bub from Day of the Dead cause he is just so damn cool! :D

There are many I enjoy watching though. Every single person/extra involved in the original Dawn is great to watch because each zombie was given his/her own personality and a lot of care. It was like a big family on the set and it shows.

So honestly, take your pick of one of the undead from the original Dawn and there will be something unique about that particular zombie. Man, I love that film!!! :D

Donnie Darko
11-15-2004, 03:46 AM
yeah, Emge was born for that role. he and Bub are the best zombies you can ask for.

he had to have popped his ankle out of place to do that walk, and that flailing gun was halarious but really deep and serious in another sense, you really cant help but to feel sorry for Flyboy.

SpawnOfEvil
11-15-2004, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Blinkant
For me it's got to be Bub from Day of the Dead and the first zombie in the graveyard of night of the living dead.

I have to agree. Bub was a classic zombie in a movie, lol. Him and the little girl zombie from the original Night Of The Living Dead.

Beau
11-15-2004, 10:09 AM
Jason Voorhes from Friday the 13th part 9.

chuxdigital
11-15-2004, 07:58 PM
i think of different zombies each time i hear the word, but they are almost always zombies that are on the front of the VHS/DVD covers... the star zombies. the tera cotta zombie on the cover of fulci's "Zombie" is my favorite.

Chomp_on_this
11-16-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Beau
Jason Voorhes from Friday the 13th part 9.

Give me a fucken break. :rolleyes:

Chuck D
11-16-2004, 10:58 AM
The slimy, oily "tar-man" zombie from Return Of The Living Dead = Best. Zombie. Ever.

atomic dog
11-16-2004, 12:27 PM
oh i remember him.

Chuck D
11-16-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by atomic dog
oh i remember him.

Who doesnt??? :D

Again; Best. Zombie. Ever.

Michaeleon
11-16-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
But her rising out of the mud scene was something else...like I said before, it was the best part in the whole movie.

I thought they should have kept her real face in the movie for that bite scene with the hobo...that weird mask just looked rediculous. I wonder what the thought process was on making that desicion. :rolleyes:
Oh yeah, I agree, that scene with her rising out of the mud is great- I like that music roaring the background too, fit the scene perfectly.

I never understood the mask. She's not some demon-looking beast, just a zombie. Plus she died only like in less than an hour- what a transformation! From the way she looked it reminded me of that chick, Gozer, from Ghostbusters.
Did you notice her neck at the end of the film when the nuke is about to hit? They have her standing there looking up with a few other zombies and you can see her neck, it's all torn up. She get in a fight with another zombie or something? Or maybe her bout with the bum was a feisty one! She not only liked it spooky .... but rough!

Scissorhands
11-16-2004, 07:01 PM
Karen from Night of the Living Dead.. I guess its cause I see her face on more things than other zombies. I think when she kills her mom is what sticks out for me.. it surprised me since I never really found zombies all that scary. That scene alone is memorable.. as is the beginning with the cemetery zombie which was already talked about.

Nice Martin pic Michaeleon.. I love the beginning of that movie. :)

Maxvayne
11-16-2004, 07:31 PM
Dr. Teeth the Zombie when the Day of the Dead logo appears.

Then Tarman.

Then Bub.

bloody_pumpkin
04-19-2005, 07:49 PM
I think that the zombified steven is the most memorable zombie of the dead trilogy. I remember when I was watching dawn of the dead for the first time and that elevator opened and you see steven(zombie), that was like the most memorable scene.

other memorable zombies but not as memorable as roger:

zombified roger

the zombie that's holding the rifle in dawn of the dead


bub from day of the dead

also the first zombie that we see in day of the dead, that has half of his face gone and you see his tongue hanging.


on night of the living dead I have to mention the first zombie that we see at the beginning walking on the cementery, also mrs and mr cooper's daughter. and of course the naked zombie.

zombie commando
04-20-2005, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Michaeleon
Oh yeah, I agree, that scene with her rising out of the mud is great- I like that music roaring the background too, fit the scene perfectly.

I never understood the mask. She's not some demon-looking beast, just a zombie. Plus she died only like in less than an hour- what a transformation! From the way she looked it reminded me of that chick, Gozer, from Ghostbusters.
Did you notice her neck at the end of the film when the nuke is about to hit? They have her standing there looking up with a few other zombies and you can see her neck, it's all torn up. She get in a fight with another zombie or something? Or maybe her bout with the bum was a feisty one! She not only liked it spooky .... but rough! She was definitely one wierd chick.

Nightmareman88
04-27-2005, 10:19 PM
The Bill Hinzman zombie in the beginning of NOTLD, he is just so creepy and cool when Barbra and her brother sees the zombie walk over the graveyard it all ways creeps me out;)

zombie commando
04-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Big Daddy might win me over as my new favorite zombie.....

Chomp_on_this
04-28-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando
Big Daddy might win me over as my new favorite zombie.....

More than Bub? Big D definately looks like the "Bub" for Land of the Dead, but I don't know if he will surpass the pure genius of Howard.

By the way, I recently saw Howard on a TV commercial about a laxative I believe...he was playing a commander of a submarine...yea, didn't seem like the highlight of his career.

zombie commando
04-29-2005, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
More than Bub? Big D definately looks like the "Bub" for Land of the Dead, but I don't know if he will surpass the pure genius of Howard.

By the way, I recently saw Howard on a TV commercial about a laxative I believe...he was playing a commander of a submarine...yea, didn't seem like the highlight of his career. He really should do a few stints as Bub. I don't care if it's in a commercial about toilet cleaners. He should ride the zombie fan wave for as long as he can stay afloat.

Chomp_on_this
04-29-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by zombie commando
He really should do a few stints as Bub. I don't care if it's in a commercial about toilet cleaners. He should ride the zombie fan wave for as long as he can stay afloat.

I'm surprised Howard wasn't asked back to reprise his role as Bub for Land of the Dead...remember he wanted to do a sequal just about Bub.

I mean, if they are bringing back Blades, why the hell not Bub?...Then they could bring back Bill Heinzman from the NOTLD...and have cameos from all three films.

boogeyman87
04-29-2005, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
I'm surprised Howard wasn't asked back to reprise his role as Bub for Land of the Dead...remember he wanted to do a sequal just about Bub.

I mean, if they are bringing back Blades, why the hell not Bub?...Then they could bring back Bill Heinzman from the NOTLD...and have cameos from all three films.

Maybe theres plans for him in the next installment if Land is a success.

zombie commando
04-29-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
I'm surprised Howard wasn't asked back to reprise his role as Bub for Land of the Dead...remember he wanted to do a sequal just about Bub.

I mean, if they are bringing back Blades, why the hell not Bub?...Then they could bring back Bill Heinzman from the NOTLD...and have cameos from all three films. Perhaps they figured he never made it out of that bunker, or maybe GAR was worried too many cameos would detract from the story.

Nightmareman88
05-20-2005, 01:09 AM
Bub is a very cool character it would be nice to see him return

bloody_pumpkin
05-20-2005, 10:38 AM
blade's zombie cameo on land of the dead will be enough for me because I helps to keep continuity between the films.

FreddyKrueger
07-03-2005, 02:46 AM
i think buba and the slimy zombie from return of the living dead

myershall2
07-03-2005, 06:40 AM
Mine is definetly the little girl in the basement in NOTLD, because she is the first child Zombie, she is the first human to zombie that we see in the series so she is awesome,

DarknessBDJM
07-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Blinkant
For me it's got to be Bub from Day of the Dead and the first zombie in the graveyard of night of the living dead.

Same here.

theoutfieldguy
07-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Blinkant
For me it's got to be Bub from Day of the Dead and the first zombie in the graveyard of night of the living dead.

Same here with me.Those two were pretty memorable.

DarknessBDJM
07-08-2005, 01:15 AM
Bub did have a cameo in Land of the Dead, guess you guys missed it.

zombie commando
07-08-2005, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by DarknessBDJM
Bub did have a cameo in Land of the Dead, guess you guys missed it. I didn't, he was played by Simon Pegg.

Ike Carr
07-12-2005, 08:24 PM
My favorite zombies I've seen are:
1. The Tarman of Return of the Living Dead . "Want....More.....Brains !"
2. Jason Voorhees from Jason Lives and The New Blood .
3. The Axe Wielding Zombie from Night of the Creeps.
4. Evil Ernie hasn't shown up in a movie, but comes back to comics this September.

Cthulhu
07-13-2005, 02:24 AM
The Airport zombie in Dawn, the one whose head is the logo for the film.

Mr.Garrett81
07-13-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
LoL...that will always leave an imprint...along with the Zombie on the cover of the original AB Zombie DVD case.



I wonder why this won pops into your head Adog?? Hmmm....maybe it was because she was naked throughout a big part of the movie...LoL. She definately was one of the most sexiest female zombies out there...lol. It was also cool how she emerged from the mud, with the kickass soundtrack blaring the the background...one of the best parts in ROTLD.

Another one that pops in my big brain at times, is that operating table zombie in Day of the Dead, the way his guts just fall to the floor is just insane. Freaked the shit outa me the first time I saw that. Yes!! I thought I was the only perverted bastard who thought that she was hot! She was the only benefit to watching that movie.

Mr.Garrett81
07-13-2005, 11:52 AM
For me the most memorable zombie would definetly be the one ffrom nith of the living dead. The cemetary scene with barbara and her bro was off the hook.

Side question: What was with that guy who they bumped into at the begining and said "Im sorry.....Im sorry." What was all that about?? Was he already a zombie or on his way to becoming one???

NeewollaH
07-13-2005, 06:14 PM
Cool thread, c-c-c-chomp..

Bub comes to mind, as does Fatzo from Fulci's Zombie/Zombi 2. You know, that fat ass on the boat, he's memorable. When I first saw Shaun of the Dead, I laughed my ass off because I didn't realize that it was Fatzo zombie at the window until halfway through the vinyl throwing scene..

Ike Carr
07-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Julie from Return of the Living Dead III. A rather rotten flick, bbbuuttt I remmeber when watching this one with some friends, they were saying,
"This is just just the stupidest film I have ever seen, and....
To be followed up with when ever Julie showed up.
Oh, who's that.


My other favorite zombie is from the obscure first person shooter game, BEAST BUSTER. After blasting your way through every level full of zombies, you face a rather tough end boss. I only got to the end of Level One. At the end of that one you face a zombie that transforms into a zombie werewolf that reseembles an undead version of Rick Baker's from An American Werewolf In London.

Zombie
07-26-2005, 06:37 PM
Growing up Return of the Living Dead was always my favorite horror movie. The scene where Tarman is first shown kicks complete ass that now every time I hear the term "ZOMBIE" he instantly pops into my head.

BRAIIIINS!

http://a.trautman.home.comcast.net/images/tarman2.jpg

MaDMaNMaRz
01-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Bub from Day of the Dead, and Tarman from Return of the Living Dead

Khan
01-24-2008, 12:59 PM
-Tarman (ROTLD)
-The cemetery zombie (NOTLD)
-The worm zombie (Zombi 2)
-Julie (ROTLD 3)
-Bub
-Every zombie from Dawn Of The Dead

mmyers78
01-25-2008, 07:22 AM
Mine is the first zombie in Night.

Halloween444
01-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Flattop Zombie From Dawn

acorvinus
01-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Mine is the helicopter zombie from orignal Dawn of the Dead

Twisted Sister
09-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Toss up between Bub from Day of the Dead, and "Brains" zombie from ROTLD :)

HoozKook
01-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Probably Big daddy from land of the dead, He's Badass

TouchMe4Money
03-11-2009, 01:25 AM
Ann Coulter.

The Frightmaster
03-29-2009, 06:45 PM
The most memorable Zombie would have to be this guy....

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1251/dawnofthedeadstill1.jpg (http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dawnofthedeadstill1.jpg)

Khan
03-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Yes, the Hare Krishna zombie was both entertaining and menacing at the same time. :D

Lord Thurisaz
03-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Tarman, and Bub.

Khan
03-29-2009, 07:09 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/jeremykershaw/brainbannergif-2.gif

I made this amateur banner with Photoshop a while ago.