PDA

View Full Version : House of the Dead - At UK Cinemas.

Hall9ween
10-31-2004, 01:18 PM
Yes, you read the thread title correctly. Somehow, House of the Dead, the eagerly anticipated film by about .... 1 person, has managed to get released, into the cinemas in the UK.

I mean, I would have been surprised if this film would have got a straight to video release, but being released into the cinemas is beyond a joke.

I ask all the people in the UK, DO NOT watch this film, for fear of dying of boredom in the cinema. This movie is seriously beyond a joke - I managed to watch it on a copied DVD. I don't know why I paid for it.

Please don't go to see this movie (I know I may have increased anticipation to see this movie by creating a thread), but hopefully if no one goes to see it, then it can shit bomb off the radar with not many people noticing it.

This is mainstream Hollywood horror at it's worst. And that is not me being stupid (like the posters in the Halloween Resurrection forum! :p).

Anyway, enough of my rant, let the bashing of this movie commence.

Oh, I reviewed this movie a bit ago, located here (http://sinnersnow.proboards25.com/index.cgi?board=reviews&action=display&num=1094247645) which is posted on another message board.

Superman
10-31-2004, 01:24 PM
Well as bad as you and others may say it is..I still would like to see it one day.

Ravenheart
10-31-2004, 01:36 PM
I honestly didn't think this movie was as bad as everyone was saying it was.I had a fun time when I saw it but the only thing I didn't like was the video game footage cutting in every once in awhile during the course of the movie.

Blackesteyes
11-02-2004, 02:21 PM
I'll go see this, but ONLY because i have a UGC Cinema pass and so its pretty much free. I know its gonna suck ass especially since Uwe Fucking Boll made it and that whole Matrix zombies thing looks cheesy as fuck. Like i said, fuck it, its free.

Creepingmouth
11-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Superman
Well as bad as you and others may say it is..I still would like to see it one day.

at your own risk.This movie doesn't deserve to be called a horror.It is bad directed,it has bad actors and the plot makes Shaun of the Dead a scary movie.I can tell you near the ending there's a sword/kung fu duel between a girl and a zombie

It's Neal
11-02-2004, 03:28 PM
Oh well I was entertained by this movie....so were others

Creepingmouth
11-03-2004, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by NCamp

I'm not surprised since it is showed your favorite horror is Session 9:rolleyes:

C'mon with all those masterpieces you could have picked (ANOES,TCM,The Shining,Psycho,The Exorcist,Hellraiser,the original The Night of the Living Dead,the original Dawn of the Dead....the list could go on and on)you like better a really mediocre movie. :(

ten31
11-03-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Creepingmouth
I'm not surprised since it is showed your favorite horror is Session 9:rolleyes:

C'mon with all those masterpieces you could have picked (ANOES,TCM,The Shining,Psycho,The Exorcist,Hellraiser,the original The Night of the Living Dead,the original Dawn of the Dead....the list could go on and on)you like better a really mediocre movie. :(

Everyone has their own opinions on what they find scary or being the best. Personally I didn't care for Session 9 either but I respect Ncamp's opinion that it's his favourite horror film.

Creepingmouth
11-03-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by ten31
Everyone has their own opinions on what they find scary or being the best. Personally I didn't care for Session 9 either but I respect Ncamp's opinion that it's his favourite horror film.

so what?

I respect his opinions too,I only pointed out I'm not agree with him and that is called "having a coversation".

It's Neal
11-03-2004, 12:55 PM

Sorry I like a story that I have to follow and try to understand. Im not one of those mindless people that can only like a movie if its nothing but some guy running around with a chainsaw. Session 9 made me think and I liked that. You like TCM whats that say about you? You call it a master piece, I dont. I consider that to be the red headed stepchild of the big horror franchises. I go for the underdog, so I suggest you deal with it.

Creepingmouth
11-03-2004, 01:09 PM
so I suggest you deal with it.

I guess I can survive your bad taste :)

ten31
11-03-2004, 02:26 PM
so what?

I respect his opinions too,I only pointed out I'm not agree with him and that is called "having a coversation".

Is that what it is called :eek: NCamp's a cool guy and it looked to me you were slamming him just because he likes a certain movie.

Blackesteyes
11-03-2004, 03:41 PM
Woah chill the fuck out guys, Session 9 was a good movie and if Ncamp considers it a favourite so be it. TCM wasnt exactly brilliant, it was a damn good movie but it had its flaws as do most, so do everyone a favour and stop bickering over such a stupid little thing.

It's Neal
11-03-2004, 03:45 PM
Is that what it is called :eek: NCamp's a cool guy and it looked to me you were slamming him just because he likes a certain movie.

Thanks for the backup ten31. Yeah it looked like that to me, thats why he got the response he did. Who is he to decide how a movie is.

But oh well, moving on.

Creepingmouth
11-03-2004, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the backup ten31. Yeah it looked like that to me, thats why he got the response he did.

yeah you put me in my place :rolleyes:

I was only sayin I don't agree with your tastes and that doesn't mean I'm slamming you for the movies you like.Don't be a jackass and try to have a good time,it's really not necessary to get mad for such silly reasons.
ok? :)

It's Neal
11-03-2004, 07:46 PM
Haha, your post was more on the jackass side. Telling me I have a bad taste in movies. Not your place to judge anyone or their tastes. I dont get mad, it was more matter of factly.

Creepingmouth
11-04-2004, 05:05 AM
whatever,man,whatever.

ten31
11-04-2004, 08:45 AM
yeah you put me in my place :rolleyes:

I was only sayin I don't agree with your tastes and that doesn't mean I'm slamming you for the movies you like.Don't be a jackass and try to have a good time,it's really not necessary to get mad for such silly reasons.
ok? :)

Everything is fine on my end. I don't have a problem with your Creepingmouth.

Hall9ween
11-04-2004, 10:36 AM
Wow. Didn't realise this thread would go this way.

I only made this thread, 'cause I was scared that because the film was released around the Halloween holiday, that people would go see this thinking it was a scary movie, when it really wasn't.

Creepingmouth
11-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Everything is fine on my end. I don't have a problem with your Creepingmouth.

Fine ;)

It's Neal
11-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Haha, Yeah way to go Hall9ween! Look at the shit you stirred up!!! ;)

TheThorn666
11-05-2004, 08:31 PM
I gotta see it.

zombie commando
11-06-2004, 11:02 PM

I can't even say I was entertained by how shitty it was. This movie was just all sorts of sad. I was sad that someone gave Uwe Boll the money to make this flick yet GAR, and other horror greats have a hard time getting funding. I was sad that they had the gall to call this a zombie flick. I was sad that I had wasted 2 hours of my life watching this movie, and probably becoming dumber during the process.

I was sad untill reading this little rant........

"If you think that HOD is shit you are right in a way because it is cheesy but you are wrong in a lot of ways. First of all if you really see the move on screen or DVD you will recognize that the CINEMASCOPE look of the movie and the sound are absolutly A LIST and not one percent less quality as RESIDENT EVIL or UNDERWORLD. Second: What is the game HOUSE OF THE DEAD about ? It is a cheesy action shooter. And dont forget I made a movie out of that game. I did not made a ZOMBIE movie alone - I made a game based movie. So the game is an action shooter game where you kill zombies - and if you really compare my movie to movies like RESIDENT EVIL or UNDERWORLD then I dont know what you was waiting for? In HOD we have a lot of GORE and a lot of action. Much more as in Resident Evil. The big battle in front of the house with the MATRIX and TURN TABLE effects, over 100 blood effects and 11000 cuts in 13 minutes will be film history in a few years because in NO OTHER FILM EVER was a similar scene. Also Rodrigez or Tarantino ever made a scene like this escalating action scene in HOD. I really tried to make out of a teenage horror script a special new form of a videogame based movie. I'm not 100% satisfied with the result but it was the maximum what I could do with the budget and script. And what is really pissing me of is that a lot of real horrorfans (especially on Creature Corner, IMDB, Yahoo) are not able to see a difference and judge unfair.
~Uwe Boll"

Then I couldn't stop laughing at the absurdity of it all.

Creepingmouth
11-07-2004, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by zombie commando
I can't even say I was entertained by how shitty it was. This movie was just all sorts of sad. I was sad that someone gave Uwe Boll the money to make this flick yet GAR, and other horror greats have a hard time getting funding. I was sad that they had the gall to call this a zombie flick. I was sad that I had wasted 2 hours of my life watching this movie, and probably becoming dumber during the process.

Finally someone who agrees with me,I was afraid to be the only one here.

Hall9ween
11-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Haha, Uwe Boll actually is proud of that craptastic battle outside that castle shack, 'cause it has so many cuts and all the Matrix rip-off. I actually got a headache slightly from all the damn movement.

Also, creepingmouth, believe me you are not the only one to hate this movie. You would be the only one if you loved it.

complete
11-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Tut tut Dan.

I'll be watching it just so I can see Ellie Cornell on the big screen, as I've never seen her on a cinema screen (I was only 1 when Halloween 4 came out, lol)

Hall9ween
11-07-2004, 01:24 PM
Don't tut me.

You know it's not often at all when I slam a movie, 'cause I can usually appreciate the time and effort that people have put into making their movie for us to see.

HOWEVER, this movie shown nothing of that. It was just pure shit. The fact that Uwe Boll has to defend his work and thinks that his movie will go down in history is just laughable to the n'th degree.

He thinks his film will go down in history 'cause he used crappy effects and alot of cuts in a short amount of time? My advice to him, get a better editor.

complete
11-07-2004, 01:50 PM
lol, he's gone down in history as making the worst zombie film. He was successful, lol. Tut.

It's Neal
11-07-2004, 08:12 PM
might I ask what tut is?

complete
11-08-2004, 08:47 AM
lol, scalding him. Tut tut.

It's Neal
11-08-2004, 12:07 PM
ohhhhh, well across the pond its tsk tsk. Silly Brits :)

Hall9ween
11-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Bloody Hell! Silly Brits? Bugger! We are not silly! Spiffing! Everything we do is right, and anything else is wrong. Top draw!

complete
11-08-2004, 02:24 PM
Tsk tsk, lmao. That sounds so wrong to us brits, lol. And what are those cockney words your spouting out Dan? You should tell them the REAL words us brit's reguarly say:

Wanker, twat, arsehole, c**t, 'innit', cockin prick! etc etc etc. That's how us brits really talk, lol.

Creepingmouth
11-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by complete
Wanker, twat, arsehole, c**t, 'innit', cockin prick! etc etc etc. That's how us brits really talk, lol.

That's why you'r confined to a island :p

It's Neal
11-08-2004, 07:03 PM
Haha Hall9ween....you told me.

Geez complete, nice mouth.....tsk tsk haha

Blackesteyes
11-09-2004, 03:42 AM
Lol that reminds me, check out www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk , this is what us "Brits" have to put up with, although the patter changes from city to city. This isnt a joke, well its ripping the piss, but these fannies actually exist and so does there retarded dress sense and language. Funny as Fuck.

complete
11-09-2004, 01:22 PM
lol, it's the way the real brits talk, unless you're 'wappin', where you'd finish every sentence saying 'blood' or 'bruvva'. And those nonces on that glasgow survival look scary...

Blackesteyes
11-13-2004, 03:59 AM
nah they aint scary, unless of course you refuse to give em change or a cigarette, usually they're just really funny to look at.

complete
11-17-2004, 07:12 AM
lmao. The glasgow accent always makes me laugh, cus I can never understand them. Poor me.

MeteorMayhem
12-22-2004, 07:24 PM
This movie had a good plot. The Island plot was great but them being in the house and having the trick them wasnt very cool. The hole house thing wasnt kewl I wish it was a smaller house.

Robert Beaudoin
12-22-2004, 07:53 PM
House Of The Dead wasn't that bad of a film as far as I'm concerned, but I think the writers could have left out the game play skits. ;)

Creepingmouth
12-23-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Robert Beaudoin
House Of The Dead wasn't that bad of a film as far as I'm concerned,

ha ha hhaaah ahhaa

That's the funniest joke I've heard so far!:D

Hall9ween
12-23-2004, 02:18 PM
You thought the film wasn't bad, and the movie "had a good plot". Sorry, but all I can say is bullshit.

You thought the plot of teens having a rave on some random island was a good plot? It was idiotic and made teenagers look stupid. "Yea, lets have a party on an island where people will have trouble getting to..." THATS a good idea.

This film was crap. The storyline was crap, the characters were crap, the acting was... crap.

Robert Beaudoin
12-24-2004, 08:49 AM
No, I didn't say it had a good plot. I'm just saying that I saw horror films worst than this one.:D

fanatic986
01-25-2005, 02:47 PM
The House of the Dead is one of the absolute crappiest, stupidest, inane movies ever made. May it rot in bad movie hell.

theoutfieldguy
01-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by fanatic986
The House of the Dead is one of the absolute crappiest, stupidest, inane movies ever made. May it rot in bad movie hell.

Hahaha.Never seen it and judging from that I wont.:D
The arcade game kicks ass though.

fanatic986
01-25-2005, 07:10 PM
Yes, it really is that bad.:p

complete
01-29-2005, 07:43 AM
I must have missed it when it was in the cinema. Don't know of a DVD release either yet. I'll have to go check amazon.co.uk or play.com.

I wanna rent it, mainly to see how Ellie Cornell acts. The third game kicks ass.

theoutfieldguy
02-10-2005, 04:48 PM
I must have missed it when it was in the cinema. Don't know of a DVD release either yet. I'll have to go check amazon.co.uk or play.com.

I wanna rent it, mainly to see how Ellie Cornell acts. The third game kicks ass.

Ellie Cornell sucked so bad.It sounded like her lines were forced by gunpoint.

I watched this last night for the first time On Demand.
And it sucked.The hotties in here couldnt even save the film,and there were a cast full of them.

complete
02-11-2005, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by theoutfieldguy
Ellie Cornell sucked so bad.It sounded like her lines were forced by gunpoint.

I watched this last night for the first time On Demand.
And it sucked.The hotties in here couldnt even save the film,and there were a cast full of them.

Wow, that bad?

And they're making a sequel??? Are they insane??? PS, which Ellie Cornell is suppossedly meant to be in...

theoutfieldguy
02-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Wow, that bad?

And they're making a sequel??? Are they insane??? PS, which Ellie Cornell is suppossedly meant to be in...

A sequel that they expect people to go out and spend their money to see?This could just be a fellatio theatre experience,cos the film will no doubt suck dick.The games kickass though.:D

SEXMACHINE
02-11-2005, 03:42 PM
This could just be a fellatio theatre experience,cos the film will no doubt suck dick.
HAHAHAHA

Now if it were Rachel doing it that might make an entertaining movie.

theoutfieldguy
02-12-2005, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by SEXMACHINE
HAHAHAHA

Now if it were Rachel doing it that might make an entertaining movie.

Cant argue that.:D

complete
02-12-2005, 05:06 AM
Perverts! *cough* it'd make me see a sequel *cough*

It's Neal
02-12-2005, 06:05 AM
Haha, I must be the only one out of the 1500 some members that was entertained by this movie.

complete
02-12-2005, 06:48 AM
Haha, I must be the only one out of the 1500 some members that was entertained by this movie.

Well, if Neal was entertained, then I'll give it a go. I'll rent it some time:)

zombie commando
02-12-2005, 08:09 AM

You might be the only person in the world besides Boll that enjoyed this movie.

complete
02-12-2005, 08:38 AM
Uwe seems to be ruining a lot of things. I've heard Alone in the Dark sucks.

theoutfieldguy
02-12-2005, 03:54 PM

Entertained by what?The lameness of it?It was like a bad B movie.:D

Hall9ween
02-13-2005, 02:25 PM

What what-idy whaaaat? You were "entertained" by the movie? Was it the ladies on the screen? 'Cause I can't see anything else going for it. It was seriously bad...

It's Neal
02-13-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Hall9ween
What what-idy whaaaat? You were "entertained" by the movie? Was it the ladies on the screen? 'Cause I can't see anything else going for it. It was seriously bad...

Im a guy I like shoot em up movies. And the girls, of course. So yeah I was entertained. Ya know what? Im gonna watch it right now just to spite you all!

Hall9ween
02-13-2005, 02:57 PM
I like action, big explosions and shoot 'em ups as much as the next guy, I even liked Resident Evil: Apocalypse for what it was. But House of the Dead? C'mon, have a bit of self respect... ;)

complete
02-13-2005, 03:21 PM
I liked the RE movies, as I'm not a fan of the games, never played them. But my friend, who is a mega-game player, hated them. Mainly because Anderson changed a lot of things.

theoutfieldguy
02-13-2005, 05:51 PM
Im a guy I like shoot em up movies. And the girls, of course. So yeah I was entertained. Ya know what? Im gonna watch it right now just to spite you all!

Yeah,and have fun with that bro.The fresh set of titties every 7 minutes is the only entertainment I got.

Hall9ween
02-14-2005, 01:32 AM
You timed it between each pair of titties? I'm impressed...

complete
02-14-2005, 01:33 AM
Yeah,and have fun with that bro.The fresh set of titties every 7 minutes is the only entertainment I got.

Ellie Cornell?:)

theoutfieldguy
02-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Ellie Cornell?:)

None from her.She's not so hot in this film,anyhow,IMO.
But the other ones do suffice quite nicely.

Originally posted by Hall9ween
You timed it between each pair of titties? I'm impressed...

No,dont be so impressed,its an old Sean Cunningham theory.Every horror film,namely Friday the 13ths,should have a fresh pair every 7 minutes.