Whats yours?...cmon it's not hard.

And why do you like it the most.

SLAB
09-19-2004, 05:47 PM
Original Dawn.

You were right, it wasn't that hard. :)

Superman
09-19-2004, 05:48 PM
Well since I've only seen 1...The Night of the Living Dead..original..I guess that would be it. :D

Laow-Z
09-19-2004, 05:48 PM
I actually liked the Living Dead remake. Tony Todd was cool.

NeewollaH
09-19-2004, 06:03 PM
It used to be Day of the Dead for the loooooooongest time, but now that I have this amazing DVD box in my grasp, Dawn of the Dead (1978) is my favorite. I'm sorry, that movie just kicks so much ass on so many levels..

zombie commando
09-19-2004, 07:09 PM
Day of the Dead.

Cooler looking zombies, better gore, just as pertinent social commentary as Dawn, and it has Bub.

Michaeleon
09-19-2004, 07:33 PM
Original Dawn of the Dead.
The setting, characters, story all correlate into the best. Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of it when I first seen it. After a few years I revisisted the film and noticed a lot of things I had missed before.

Day of the Dead is close behind though, I probably watch that one more than any out of the dead trilogy.

HalloweeN63
09-19-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Superman
Well since I've only seen 1...The Night of the Living Dead..original..I guess that would be it. :D

I agree with that, but Dawn of the Dead (orig) definitely is my favorite. It never gets old for me.

Donnie Darko
09-19-2004, 08:06 PM
its a toss up between Day of the Dead and the original Dawn of the dead.

i really cant decide which one is better, it really all depends on my mood. sometimes i like a gorefest and sometimes i like the mythology behind the behavior of the living dead.

Machete
09-19-2004, 08:22 PM
Dawn Of The Dead (original), Night Of The Living Dead (remake)

halo thirty one
09-19-2004, 08:52 PM
my favorite is night of the living dead (68.) it just scared me the most out of all the zombie movies i have seen. i do have to admit that i have only seen dawn of the dead and day of the dead one time each. shame on me. i'm gonna try to get around to watching them on dvd very soon.

Franchise
09-19-2004, 09:50 PM
I'd say that Day of the Dead is my fave. I'm a gorehound.

King Sly Joker
09-20-2004, 06:45 AM
Dawn of the Dead (Original) it just cant get old to me...

Blackesteyes
09-20-2004, 11:45 AM
Original Dawn, with Night remake a close second

Roswell
09-20-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by NeewollaH
It used to be Day of the Dead for the loooooooongest time, but now that I have this amazing DVD box in my grasp, Dawn of the Dead (1978) is my favorite. I'm sorry, that movie just kicks so much ass on so many levels..

black-stallion
09-20-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Maxvayne

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD AND THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD FRANCHISE.

THEY HAD HUMOR, REALITY AND THEY WERE SO WELL!

horrorqueen7
09-21-2004, 06:32 AM
Return of the living dead.
I have never seen dawn of the dead. :(

Scissorhands
09-21-2004, 08:19 AM
Original Night of the Living Dead.. the black and white film with the simple lighting they had just make it look so damn cool.. and not to mention the scene where Kyra kills her mother is still pretty fucking spooky. :)

zombie commando
09-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by horrorqueen7
I have never seen dawn of the dead. :(

You need to run to your local video store and rent......no BUY it right now!

Crow
09-21-2004, 04:52 PM
Dawn of the Dead

Chomp_on_this
09-21-2004, 05:55 PM
So many good ones, too hard of a choice.

I'll say The original Night of the Living Dead. It was guerilla film making at its finest. I just like the amateurish vibe to it and how really raw and vicious it was for a movie of that time period. And the way George pushed the boundries was insane! It was one of the first horror movies I had ever seen, and I guess it just stuck with me.

bundy
09-22-2004, 08:06 AM
Shaun of the Dead was a pretty good movie. I picked up a copy while at the Monster Mania convention. Good spoof movie.

Soulless
09-22-2004, 09:50 AM
My favorite zombie movie is the original Dawn of the Dead.

Hallowicked
09-22-2004, 12:43 PM
I don't think I could choose just one but I'd have to go with Dawn of the Dead (original and remake) and Return of the Living Dead. You gotta love Linnea as Trash ;)

Snoody
09-25-2004, 12:12 PM
Night of the Living Dead. I love how it's so old and black and white. Something about it not being in color makes it abit more creepy. The acting could of been better, but eh, it's old. I also like the not-so-happy ending. And how it came out at a time when these movies weren't so popular.

Chuck D
09-25-2004, 12:15 PM
Dawn Of The Dead

totempoll
09-25-2004, 01:07 PM
dawn of the dead!

totempoll
09-25-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Snoody
Night of the Living Dead. I love how it's so old and black and white. Something about it not being in color makes it abit more creepy. The acting could of been better, but eh, it's old. I also like the not-so-happy ending. And how it came out at a time when these movies weren't so popular.

hehe just like physcho its a whole lot better than the remake and its creepier, i wonder why their isnt physcho forum..

Silverpsycho
10-02-2004, 02:55 PM
DAWN OF THE DEAD 1978!!! The cast, the music, the living dead with personality...THE MALL!!! I am also in love with my man Roger DeMarco..."Perfect baby...perfect" Ahhh, I just can't get over how awesome this movie is! Don't walk...run to get the new 4-disc set of this classic if you have not already done so!!! :D:D:D

Col Whizzle
10-03-2004, 12:03 PM
Dawn of the Dead is so awesome. I can't even explain why I like it so much. It's just so good. I love the whole mall setting. The still shots. The motorcycle gang. EVERYTHING!

Romero just understood that era to a tea.

InfiniteFury
10-09-2004, 11:09 PM
Without a doubt, "Day Of The Dead"! The plot, the acting is
actually good for once, the gore is convincing and brilliant and
not watered down like in these pseudo-horror fiascos-the "Resident Evil" defecations and "House Of The Dead" come to mind on that aside from being complete shit, and Bub is a
fascinating character. Not many zombies, it seems, could ever
become that docile. And Logan was brilliant. And insane.

ForBiddeN
10-10-2004, 12:28 PM
the original dawn of the dead

Pharmdee
10-27-2004, 05:07 PM
Night of the living dead 1990.

InsomniacDown
10-27-2004, 06:21 PM
The original Night of the Living Dead is my favorite. I love the black and white picture and the musical score is good and creepy.

The original Dawn of the Dead is my 2nd favorite.

Bucky-lives
10-28-2004, 03:06 AM
i love Dawn of the Dead as well. but Tony Todd rules.

Dead Alive
10-28-2004, 01:03 PM
is it just me...or does eveyone think that the G.I Jane barbara on the night of the living dead remake was a bit much? Tony Todd was great but Day is the best (cos of bub and the gore)

Jason Voorhees
10-31-2004, 07:52 PM
My favorite zombie movie is the original Night Of The Living Dead since it had a huge impact on me and I love the fact that it's a very simple story. I'm sure that it was extremely shocking when it first came out. I was very scared when the daughter stabbed the mother in the basement of the house while the zombies were attacking and breaking in. The idea of somebody killing somebody that they've loved is very chilling in my opinion.

Silverpsycho
11-01-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Dead Alive
is it just me...or does eveyone think that the G.I Jane barbara on the night of the living dead remake was a bit much? Tony Todd was great but Day is the best (cos of bub and the gore)
LOL, I thought the new improved Barbra was pretty good for a change. I didn't want the same exact film as the '68 version, so I thought this Barbra was fun and kick-ass. The afraid, do-nothing Barbra kind of annoyed me, but they are both so different and unique that it is hard to compare them really.

bloody_pumpkin
04-19-2005, 07:53 PM
even though I love all three movies from the dead trilogy , the original dawn of the dead is my all time favorite.

zombie commando
04-20-2005, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Silverpsycho
LOL, I thought the new improved Barbra was pretty good for a change. I didn't want the same exact film as the '68 version, so I thought this Barbra was fun and kick-ass. The afraid, do-nothing Barbra kind of annoyed me, but they are both so different and unique that it is hard to compare them really. I didn't really like the remake Barbara. Sure she was fun, but the Barbara of the original acted that way to symbolize the stereotypical material woman of that time period.

spring heel
05-23-2005, 09:50 PM
Return of the living dead, has the best zombie movie moment
ever.
Send more paramedics.

myers2004
05-24-2005, 10:23 AM
origional dawn of the dead. then return just cause it was fuuny. think dawn was the first one id seen then zombie was the second one id ever seen

bloody_pumpkin
05-24-2005, 11:25 AM
It seems that most of us zombie fans prefer one of the george romero films. George kicks ass when it comes to zombie movies.

DarknessBDJM
05-24-2005, 12:59 PM
I like the original Night of the Living Dead, the remake, and Mutant.

Nightmare
06-03-2005, 09:02 AM
My favorite zombie film is Dawn of the Dead because the fact that they got driven in the mall really gave the movie a zing to it. And the part where they fixed up the bus' was sweet as hell!!

30secondstomars
06-25-2005, 05:33 PM
I would say my favorite would be Night of the Living Dead (the original)

Mr.Garrett81
06-26-2005, 06:51 AM
Easy, Dawn of the Dead remake. Running Zombies creep the shit outta me!

ILoveHalloween3
07-19-2005, 09:27 PM
Gonna go with the obvious ... the original, "Dawn of the Dead".

The Cold Reader
07-20-2005, 07:37 PM
Day Of The Dead all the way! Night Of The Living Dead (Original) at a close second, I really hate the new Dawn remake......No need for it IMO. Pure and utter bollox!

MOODYGIRL
08-02-2005, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Maxvayne

it is hard I'm not sure what's it's called put it's when this boys girl friend dies on a bike and he brings her back. She eat everyone but him.

And All Resident Evil movies

FleshEatnZombie
08-04-2005, 08:49 AM
Dawn of the Dead (Original)

myers2004
08-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by MOODYGIRL
it is hard I'm not sure what's it's called put it's when this boys girl friend dies on a bike and he brings her back. She eat everyone but him.

And All Resident Evil movies

its return of the living dead 3. his dad is an army general or somethign and they break into the place and brings her back to life after they run from the base having seen what his dad was working on

MOODYGIRL
08-04-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by myers2004
its return of the living dead 3. his dad is an army general or somethign and they break into the place and brings her back to life after they run from the base having seen what his dad was working on
Yes thank you!

JOeKER
08-04-2005, 06:13 PM
Definitely gonna have to go with Dead Alive on this one.

MOODYGIRL
08-04-2005, 06:57 PM
FleshEatnZombie I'm lovin your AV.

FleshEatnZombie
08-13-2005, 09:12 PM
I need some help. Is the movie "Zombie" anygood? Rate it 1-10

writer93
08-17-2005, 05:45 PM
yeah, is it? ive never seen it either. i was gonna buy it today but instead i bought Day of the Dead

Pharmdee
08-19-2005, 07:45 PM
I really like NOTLD 1990 the best for some reason. I just really love the feel of the movie better then the original.

Silverpsycho
08-19-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by FleshEatnZombie
I need some help. Is the movie "Zombie" anygood? Rate it 1-10
I am not the biggest fan of Zombie (aka Zombi 2), but the make-up on the zombies is extremely well done. So rent it and try it out because although most of it is quite boring, a good portion of the end rocks! Overall I'd give it a 6 out of 10 and that is mainly for the zombies crawling out of their graves...which is great. I own it, but I really need to watch it again, as I have only seen it twice.

MMyers89
08-19-2005, 10:07 PM
Zombie seems slightly boring on the first viewing, but by the second and thrid time I watched it, I loved the son of a bitch. Its a great movie, and soooooo atmospheric, you can smell the zombies in it. Definitely give it a watch.

JOeKER
08-20-2005, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by MMyers89
Zombie seems slightly boring on the first viewing, but by the second and thrid time I watched it, I loved the son of a bitch. Its a great movie, and soooooo atmospheric, you can smell the zombies in it. Definitely give it a watch.

Couldn't agree more. The first time I saw it years ago, I thought it was a little on the boring side. Now after having watched it numerous times, I've learned to love the film.

writer93
08-20-2005, 10:10 AM
i would say my favorite would have to be Dawn Of The Dead the original.

kaley
12-15-2005, 04:00 AM
the original night of the living dead or the original dawn of dead...

3pidemiC
12-15-2005, 04:46 AM
Day of the Dead is my favorite. I think that it has the best mood, gore, and overall feeling than the other Romero films. I'm a big zombie buff, so I have a lot of other zombie movies that I've seen to compare it to.

zombie commando
12-15-2005, 10:29 AM
House of the Dead....absolutely brilliant.

3pidemiC
12-15-2005, 11:06 AM
You're kidding, right?

Roswell
12-15-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by 3pidemiC
You're kidding, right?

Oh no, I totally agree with him. House of The Dead was a masterpiece of filmmaking. I loved the use of the bullet time camera tricks and the heavy metal soundtrack.

It was so much better than George Romero's films. Those movies put me to sleep.

lolz!!!

Michaeleon
12-15-2005, 03:01 PM
*Ahem* I believe ROTLD II trumps all.

Come on, electrocuted Jacko zombie! Doesn't get much better than that.

zombie commando
12-15-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Michaeleon
*Ahem* I believe ROTLD II trumps all.

Come on, electrocuted Jacko zombie! Doesn't get much better than that. It'll never beat this single, brilliant exchange of dialogue.............

"Why would you want to be immortal?"

"So I can live forever."

Plus the bullet time, the day time Sega rave party, Ron Howard's brother......cinematic masterpiece.

Samo
12-18-2005, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by zombie commando
House of the Dead....absolutely brilliant.

Bwwahahahaaha! Oh, man! That, Uwe and his "Masterpiece", had me at hello. Very touching piece of "Film". LOL :D

Boisvert
01-12-2006, 10:07 AM
Night of the Living Dead (1968) and Dawn of the Dead (2004).

discvader
01-12-2006, 11:17 AM
Either Night(1968) or Dawn(1978).

Honorable Mention: Day and ROTLD.

Gooch72
01-18-2006, 09:25 PM
Any of the Romero films.

discvader
01-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Gooch72
Any of the Romero films.
That works too!;)

Holy, Gooch72, you were a posting fool last night. Nice avatar!!!:)

Lonnie_Elamb
02-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Defenitly the original Dawn of the Dead. It's just a f#cking awesome movie.

Beamo
02-19-2006, 09:08 PM
I just loved Dawn of the Dead with Sarah Polley. I thought it had the perfect mix of gore and humour with some nice tit thrown in for good measure.

Another good one would be 28 Days Later.

chuxdigital
03-01-2006, 06:05 AM
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie... my secret favorite after Romero's films

Nightmareman88
03-07-2006, 02:21 PM
The Return of the Living Dead.

In overall excellence, I'd say that ROTLD surpasses even Romero's masterpiece, Dawn Of The Dead. Maybe it's like comparing apples and oranges (satire does not equate to spoof), but they're both zombie flicks, and ROTLD is the best goddamned zombie flick I'll might have ever seen. The whole film just screams 80's style, wich just turns up the atmosphere in the film into the classic it has become. The 80's punk punk beats of the soundtrack is by far excellent, and seize to keep me attached throughout the entire film. The classic actor James Karen brings out most of the comical moments through his terrific and hilarious performance(in both ROTLD & ROTLD II) The black humor with an sense of slapstick humor, and yet serious level. Makes The Return of the Living Dead one of the most unique and quite orignal Zombie film out there, as it introduce a new set of elements for the Zombies, The first Zombie film ever featuring running Zombies, The hunger for Brains and damn a heck of alot other things to spread an eager of delight.

ROTLD is quite possibly the most cult classic and influential Zombie flick ever, right up there with Dawn of the Dead.

And if anyone is interesting in the Main theme for ROTLD, well you can just download it off here --------> http://rapidshare.de/files/14398314/Trioxin_Theme.mp3.html

michael =TERROR
03-25-2006, 06:00 PM
I'm going to have to say the original dawn of the dead best zombie movie for my opinion.

But I agree with Nightmareman888 rotld is really kick ass

Verdis Quo
03-26-2006, 03:08 PM
The original Dawn of the Dead, but I like Day of the Dead too. Zombi/Zombi 2 had the BEST and scariest-looking zombies though, and the movie itself was very scary.

michael =TERROR
03-26-2006, 07:37 PM
yeah zombi 1 and 2 zombies were freaky

Creepingmouth
03-31-2006, 05:26 AM
Romero's Day of the Dead and Fulci's Paura nella Città dei Morti Viventi are my two all time favs

Nightmareman88
03-31-2006, 05:32 AM
No sweet love for Return of the Living Dead's brain-eating, quick-thinkers, eh?

discvader
03-31-2006, 06:32 AM
I gots SWEET love for ROTLD! :D
Mostly 1 & 2, not so much for the 3rd, it's not bad(I liked it more when it first came out, must be cause I was young?). The first ROTLD is definitely a classic, up there with Romero, just a different tone. Didn't John Russo have something to do with it? So there's your 7 degrees of George A. Romero... ;)

"Do ya wanna party? It's party-time!!!" :D

Nightmareman88
03-31-2006, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by discvader
Didn't John Russo have something to do with it?

No not really. The film gives story credit to Russ Streiner and Rudy Ricci as well. The three originally worked on Night of the Living Dead, and decided a few years later to write a treatment for a sequel they called Return of the Living Dead. Well, GAR had started working with other filmmakers and was planning his official sequel Dawn of the Dead. So, Russo finished a novel and a script about flesh-eating zombies roaming the Pennsylvania countryside set ten years after NOTLD and was looking to sell it. A new producer Tom Fox bought it and the title rights, anticipating a similar success to Dawn of the Dead, backing it with his investor pals at Orion. He wanted Tobe Hooper to direct, after his work on TCM and Poltergeist. Then Fox, aware that GAR was doing Day of the Dead, decided the script resembled his films too closely and needed a major rewrite. When Hooper committed to Lifeforce, and recommended a new director Dan O’Bannon, a new script was born. Dan only used two elements from the original script: the name Burt Wilson. Everything else was his imagination. Russo then attached his name to the project again shortly before its release, novelizing O’Bannon’s script. Last names were invented by Russo, and a KGB subplot was thrown in, among other things. The filmmakers ignored this book in the posters, ads, etc.

discvader
03-31-2006, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Nightmareman88
No not really. The film gives story credit to Russ Streiner and Rudy Ricci as well. The three originally worked on Night of the Living Dead, and decided a few years later to write a treatment for a sequel they called Return of the Living Dead. Well, GAR had started working with other filmmakers and was planning his official sequel Dawn of the Dead. So, Russo finished a novel and a script about flesh-eating zombies roaming the Pennsylvania countryside set ten years after the original "Night" and was looking to sell it. A new producer Tom Fox bought it and the title rights, anticipating a similar success to Dawn of the Dead, backing it with his investor pals at Orion. He wanted Tobe Hooper to direct, after his work on TCM and Poltergeist. Then Fox, aware that GAR was doing Day of the Dead, decided the script resembled his films too closely and needed a major rewrite. When Hooper committed to Lifeforce, and recommended a new director-Dan O’Bannon, a new script was born. Dan only used two elements from the original script: the name Burt Wilson. Everything else was his imagination. Russo then attached his name to the project again shortly before its release, novelizing O’Bannon’s script. Last names were invented by Russo, and a KGB subplot was thrown in, among other things. The filmmakers ignored this book in the posters, ads, etc.
Sounds like someone watched the EXTRAS on the DVD?;)
Kidding! Good stuff... :)

Nightmareman88
03-31-2006, 06:48 AM
Sounds like someone watched the EXTRAS on the DVD?;)
Kidding! Good stuff... :)

Eh, none of it exists on my R2 DVD.

:(

discvader
03-31-2006, 07:09 AM
Eh, none of it exists on my R2 DVD.

:(
Not to get too far off topic, but you should check out the region 1 then, cause I believe it has Commentary from Dan O'Bannon and a great "Designing the Dead" featurette. Good stuff.

Back on track. Dawn is probably my favorite(Shock!), but Night is a very close second. Night of the Living Dead is such a monumental film, before it was made most "Zombie" movies were about voodoo and people in "trances".

Now that I think of it, I like all zombie movies! :)

Nightmareman88
03-31-2006, 07:18 AM
Not to get too far off topic, but you should check out the region 1 then, cause I believe it has Commentary from Dan O'Bannon and a great "Designing the Dead" featurette. Good stuff.

Would need an Region 0 DVD player then, not that I know where to get one anyhow.

Masked Murderer
04-15-2006, 09:11 AM
1: Day of the Dead
2: Dead Alive
3: Shaun of the Dead
4: The Evil Dead
5: Dawn of the Dead (remake)

I'd include Land of the Dead if it hadn't put me to sleep both times I tried to watch it. I think Romero lost his touch after Dawn and Day...

Creepingmouth
04-16-2006, 04:59 AM
Would need an Region 0 DVD player then, not that I know where to get one anyhow.

Here they're pretty easy to find :confused:

freddyfan6911
05-21-2006, 02:50 PM
1. Day of the Dead
2. Dawn of the Dead(original
3. Night of the Living dead(original and remake)
4. The Evil Dead
5. The Evil Dead 2
6. Army of Darkness
7. Dawn of the Dead(remake)
8. Land of the Dead

Crow
05-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Night,Dawn,Day and Land of the Dead
Zombi 2
Zombi 3(movie rocks)
The Beyond
Return of the Living Dead 1,3,4,5
Re-Animator

Hallow's Eve
07-28-2006, 12:30 PM
That's a tough one, I like quite a few of them, My favorite would probably be the Original Dawn of the Dead, it's a masterpiece of brutality! Here's a couple other favorites:

Zombie (or Zombi 2) -the creepiest most realistic looking zombies
Night of the Living Dead (original) - got to pay respect to the one that started it all
The Beyond - just a sick, twisted, bizarre, insane horror film, love it!
Re-Animator - classic, very original and fun
Bride of Re-Animator - even more fun than the original
Day of the Dead - sick make up effects

Roswell
07-28-2006, 12:59 PM
I've decided to do some ratings of the zombie films I've seen. Enjoy (or not ;)).:

Night of The Living Dead (original): C/**
Dawn of The Dead (original): A+/*****
Day of The Dead: A+/*****
Return of The Living Dead: B+/***1/2
Night of The Living Dead (remake): A-/***1/2
Dawn of The Dead (remake): A/****
28 Days Later (not really zombies, but I'll include it): A+/*****

NightmareMan84
07-28-2006, 05:30 PM
Day of the Dead followed very closely by The Return of the Living Dead.

Clark Kent
07-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Day of the Dead.

Of course, I may get a lot of shit for this but I also like 28 Days Later. To be honest, I have no idea why, but I've always been a fan of running zombies and the 28 Days scene in England I believe it is, is great.

NightmareMan84
07-28-2006, 10:09 PM
You're not alone. I love 28 Days Later too and can't wait for the sequel.

Roswell
07-29-2006, 07:00 AM
A "C" for the original Night of the Living Dead? Umm... why? :confused:

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what the film has done for zombie films and horror films in general, but to me it was way too over the top. The music and the bad acting from most of the cast really got on my nerves. It wasn't scary and very rarely was it creepy. Thankfully the movie ends on a strong note and the actor who played Ben really did a good job, but the film needed more than a good ending, some good acting, and a somewhat creepy atmosphere.

I just prefer the remake for some reason. It's not scary either, but I just found myself enjoying it more.

And no, it has nothing to do with it being in color :winkgrin:

Roswell
07-29-2006, 07:27 AM
No, it's fine, I was just a little bit confused by that rating. :nodsmile:

The film creeps me out a lot, maybe it's just me. That sick girl in the basement on her knees sent shivers down my spine. :bigeyes:

Yeah, like I said, it's not completely devoid of creepy moments, but there were more times that the movie wasn't creepy than times it was.

Pharmdee
08-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Night of the living dead (1990)
Dawn of the dead (1978)
Day of the dead
Night of the living dead (1968)

Johnathon
08-07-2006, 07:59 AM
Return of the Living Dead and Land of the Dead.

Rich
08-17-2006, 01:23 AM
For years I liked Dawn of the Dead. Hell, I still love it, but I am going to have to change my mind of what I think the all time best zombie movie is. I must go with Romero's Night of the Living Dead 1968. That as easily the scariest and most intense zombie film ever made.

You see, my problem with most zombie movies is that they are not scary. They are gorey, but lack the tense feeling of dread and true death. They do not have the iscolated feel of fear like the original Night of the Living Dead.

Night of the Living Dead (1968) is a true horror masterpiece.

That is the greatest zombie movie ever made, because in addition to having the blood and gore (which it did not have a lot of, but when it did have it was way more effective then future zombie films), it has suspense, iscolation, atmosphere, and dread.

JR-STALLION
08-24-2006, 08:09 PM
Return of the living dead part 2

hewalksamongus
08-30-2006, 06:09 PM
Zombie

Cyrus98
08-30-2006, 11:31 PM
My top 30:

1. Dawn of the Dead ( 1978).
2. Night of the Living Dead ( 1968).
3. Re-Animator.
4. The Evil Dead.
5. Evil Dead 2.
6. Dead Alive ( a.k.a. Braindead).
7. Zombi 2 ( a.k.a. Zombie).
8. Day of the Dead.
9. Land of the Dead.
10. City of the Living Dead ( a.k.a. Gates of Hell).
11. House By The Cemetery.
12. Let Sleeping Corpses Lie ( a.k.a. The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue).
13. The Beyond.
14. Nightmare City ( a.k.a. City of the Walking Dead). (THIS IS THE MOVIE that started the whole running zombie shabang)
15. The Return of the Living Dead.
16. Dawn of the Dead ( 2004).
17. Night of the Living Dead ( 1990).
18. Shaun of the Dead.
19. Hell of the Living Dead ( a.k.a. Night of the Zombies, Zombie Creeping Flesh). (So bad it's hilarious and good)
20. Burial Ground: The Nights of Terror.
21. Pet Semetary.
22. The Stuff.
23. Lifeforce.
24. Bio-Zombie.
25. Resident Evil.
26. Return of the Living Dead 3.
27. Resident Evil: Apocalypse. (Big fan of the games, never disappointed in the movies but i think the third might become the best!)
28. Cemetery Man.
29. Night of the Creeps.
30. Dead & Buried.

Cool eh?

Rich
09-11-2006, 12:04 AM
The Evil Dead is not a zombie movie. It is a movie of demonic possession. Ancient Candarian demons possess the living and make them a part of the evil.

Despite that, it is one of the greatest horror movies ever made. I'll give it that. It is not a "zombie" movie though.

mr32
12-17-2006, 01:56 PM
Night of the Living Dead (1968), Night of the Living Dead (1990), and The Return of the Living Dead. Those are my favorites

Kubrickbuff
12-18-2006, 02:25 PM
My favorite zombie movie is Dead Alive, also known as Braindead. Peter Jackson is the best filmmaker ever.

Thac
12-24-2006, 11:49 PM
The original Dawn of the Dead

Freddy_666
12-24-2006, 11:57 PM
Dawn Of The Dead (2004) is the best for me because it explains better than the others even if its remake.

Rosalva
12-28-2006, 09:36 AM
DAWN OF THE DEAD!!!!!!!!! IT WAS A GREAT FILM :roflmao:

Lee Johnson
01-16-2007, 01:08 PM
Don't have an all time favourite but I love both versions Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead and 28 Days Later.

Muse
01-16-2007, 02:00 PM
and 28 Days Later.

:sighs:

When will people realise that 28 Days Later is not a zombie movie.

They are not zombies, they have a disease, they are not dead, they have a disease, and most importantly, they are just infected people who do notfeed on other people, they do not eat them, they just get blood on them a lil bit...

Hehe. J/k, although i believe it not to be in the zombie genre, whereas many disagree.

And while i'm here, my favourite zombie movie is Night of the Living Dead. Romero's classic which started the whole thing, just a classic with a great, simple story.

Lee Johnson
01-16-2007, 02:35 PM
:sighs:

When will people realise that 28 Days Later is not a zombie movie.

They are not zombies, they have a disease, they are not dead, they have a disease, and most importantly, they are just infected people who do notfeed on other people, they do not eat them, they just get blood on them a lil bit...

Hehe. J/k, although i believe it not to be in the zombie genre, whereas many disagree.

And while i'm here, my favourite zombie movie is Night of the Living Dead. Romero's classic which started the whole thing, just a classic with a great, simple story.

Danny Boyle and Fox both say it's a Zombie film and although technically there are not zombies they are about as 'Zombie' as you can get with out being 'Zombie'. ;)

myersfan1348
01-17-2007, 07:21 AM
My overall favorite has to be Dawn Of The Dead 78.

Pug-a-Licious
01-17-2007, 07:49 AM
Friday the 13th part VI ROTFL! Jason is a good zombie!

I'll go with Dawn of the Dead or Day of the Dead..it's a rough choice.

Zombie movie ..or not.. I love 28 Days Later ALOT!

LOL ROTLD! I loved that movie when I was younger..I loved that movie SO much.. I watched it so many times..that I cannot watch it anymore.

Muse
01-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Danny Boyle and Fox both say it's a Zombie film and although technically there are not zombies they are about as 'Zombie' as you can get with out being 'Zombie'. ;)

Well, whatever they say, in my opinion, it will never be taken as a zombie movie, but it is my favourite horror movie and i love zombie movies, but it doesn't fit the typical description of what a zombie should be like. For starters, they are the living dead, in 28 Days Later, they are not dead, and that's enough for me. Plenty of other points would say that too.

But, as i said before many people do disagree with that, and fair play to them, it can be interpreted either way, and i'm happy with it with the way i see it, and am happy for people to call it a zombie movie as thats not exactly a bad thing.

discvader
01-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Friday the 13th part VI ROTFL! Jason is a good zombie!

I'll go with Dawn of the Dead or Day of the Dead..it's a rough choice.

Zombie movie ..or not.. I love 28 Days Later ALOT!

LOL ROTLD! I loved that movie when I was younger..I loved that movie SO much.. I watched it so many times..that I cannot watch it anymore.
For some reason I can picture you playing the part of Linnea Quigley in ROTLD? kidding...I kid! :nodsmile:

Pug-a-Licious
01-19-2007, 02:47 PM
LMFAO Nate! Oh boy..thanks, ever so much...give them MORE things to pick on me with why don't you?

tat2dvamp
01-19-2007, 10:39 PM
for me definitley night of the living dead , dont get me wrong they are all great but the 1st one i saw was the black and white version of night of the living dead and got hooked to zombie flicks

WhiteZombie
01-23-2007, 06:16 PM
I cant choose a favorite, but Day of the Dead is up there. The whole demise of the soilders scenes are fucking GREAT, seeing them all literally ripped apart, is just so cool.

But Dawn is also kick-ass. So its hard to say.

The_Impaler
02-04-2007, 09:13 PM
lucio fulci's Zombi.......day of the dead and the dawn remake.

BloodyJacko
02-12-2007, 12:06 PM
The original Night of The Living Dead, with Day of The Dead close behind..

fiendlurking
02-12-2007, 02:20 PM
i dont think theres any doubt...dawn of the dead IS the greatest zombie movie ever!:yar:

BoogeyMan88
02-12-2007, 05:35 PM
I liked Dawn of the dead remake a lot. I want to see the original Night of the living Dead though but I own the remake of that. Tony Todd is such a bad ass. :candyman:

Halloween444
02-27-2007, 01:20 PM
1-Night Of The Living Dead 1990
2-Land Of The Dead
3-Dawn Of The Dead Original

Khan
03-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Dawn Of The Dead (1978)!

Best movie ever!

Siouxsie
04-01-2007, 03:24 PM
I know this is an obvios choice, but mine is the original Dawn of the Dead.
I thought it was really overrated the first time I saw it, but now it's one of my favorite movies.

I also really like Day of the Dead, which I absolutely hated at first.

madmax4000
04-07-2007, 09:41 AM
Land Of The Dead And Shaun Of The Dead NOt A Big Fan On Zombie Films

Audioslave
04-11-2007, 07:42 AM
Shaun of the Dead and.... Planet Terror!

HannibalBEATNGU
04-13-2007, 10:45 PM
28 Days Later and Planet Terror.

28 DL had a great theme about how pointless it is to continue your existence solely for the sake of continuing your existence if you have nothing to actually live for, great performances, score, cinematography, some excellent character arcs...

PT is one of the best fun romps ever, combining extreme gore, and bad-ass action, and twisted humor in a so over the top manner that it's hilarious and entertaining as movies get.

wyatt s
04-16-2007, 08:40 PM
I actually love the 1990's remake of night, it's sooo underated.

The Good Doctor
04-17-2007, 01:48 AM
Mine is 'Night of the Living Dead'

But...

You know, something just (cant resist…) dawned on me. It is now dawn and I finished ‘Dawn of the Dead’ for the first (!) time; I watched it after ‘Night of’, which I started last night. When it comes to this particular era of horror films, I had been rather slasher-centric until today; you see I’ve rediscovered Romero in a big way: I absolutely love Zombie films! It appears I have been missing out on quite a scene. Well, I won't miss it any more; from this day forward I salute those posthumous pals of yours and mine: the zombies. Some quotes and moments that immediately made me love it:

*Roger: “You alright?” Peter: “Perfect baby, perfect.”

*Peter: “You just wait out there sissy; were coming, and were ready.”

*Redneck (to Peter):” I SEE YOU....chocolate man!”

*Scientist (speaking to himself as much as anyone): “We've got to remain logical....we've got to remain logical...we've got to...it's that or the end.” (Said while Peter shoots roger in the head as a favor to a friend, attempting to kill him in order to prevent him from being dead.)

*Roger, in a makeshift wheelchair, being wheeled around by Peter as he guns those bastards down.

*Peter and Stephen, wheeling carts full of twice-dead mofo's through the mall to the sound of a marching band. (Reminiscent of mid-20th century college football tunes)

*Stephen turning cold, and subsequently arising for a morbidly jaunty romp through the mall.

*The intro/establishment of the rednecks! Cans of American Beer, shotguns, trucker outfits; hell they could shoot a fly off a pile of pig shit at ten miles, and spit on the ground while they brag about it.

*Very overt political commentary (I should have expected this from ol’ gorgey porgey). Essentially, every pertinent issue of the time is addressed, either through allegory or blunt statement.

*Sublime coolness of the four main characters

*Tom Savini's toxicologically correct effects. This is how gore is done.

*The film doesn't move too fast. It has excellent pacing.

Why was this move remade? I cannot imagine there' d be a reason/justification for it. I just don't see the point.

Khan
04-17-2007, 08:22 AM
I actually love the 1990's remake of night, it's sooo underated.

It is really good because Romero worked on the screenplay and Savini directed it.

Plus, the cast is excellent and the I actually prefer the remake Barbara.

WhiteZombie
04-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Mine is 'Night of the Living Dead'

But...

You know, something just (cant resist…) dawned on me. It is now dawn and I finished ‘Dawn of the Dead’ for the first (!) time; I watched it after ‘Night of’, which I started last night. When it comes to this particular era of horror films, I had been rather slasher-centric until today; you see I’ve rediscovered Romero in a big way: I absolutely love Zombie films! It appears I have been missing out on quite a scene. Well, I won't miss it any more; from this day forward I salute those posthumous pals of yours and mine: the zombies. Some quotes and moments that immediately made me love it:

*Roger: “You alright?” Peter: “Perfect baby, perfect.”

*Peter: “You just wait out there sissy; were coming, and were ready.”

*Redneck (to Peter):” I SEE YOU....chocolate man!”

*Scientist (speaking to himself as much as anyone): “We've got to remain logical....we've got to remain logical...we've got to...it's that or the end.” (Said while Peter shoots roger in the head as a favor to a friend, attempting to kill him in order to prevent him from being dead.)

*Roger, in a makeshift wheelchair, being wheeled around by Peter as he guns those bastards down.

*Peter and Stephen, wheeling carts full of twice-dead mofo's through the mall to the sound of a marching band. (Reminiscent of mid-20th century college football tunes)

*Stephen turning cold, and subsequently arising for a morbidly jaunty romp through the mall.

*The intro/establishment of the rednecks! Cans of American Beer, shotguns, trucker outfits; hell they could shoot a fly off a pile of pig shit at ten miles, and spit on the ground while they brag about it.

*Very overt political commentary (I should have expected this from ol’ gorgey porgey). Essentially, every pertinent issue of the time is addressed, either through allegory or blunt statement.

*Sublime coolness of the four main characters

*Tom Savini's toxicologically correct effects. This is how gore is done.

*The film doesn't move too fast. It has excellent pacing.

Why was this move remade? I cannot imagine there' d be a reason/justification for it. I just don't see the point.

I agree. Dawn is one of my favorite movies. Have you seen the remake? Its actually pretty damn good.

wyatt s
04-17-2007, 05:04 PM
I agree. Dawn is one of my favorite movies. Have you seen the remake? Its actually pretty damn good.

running zombies don't make scientific or anatomical sense to me.

WhiteZombie
04-17-2007, 06:58 PM

Lots of things in horror movies dont make scientific sense to me. The original will always be my favorite, but running was good for the remake.

wyatt s
04-17-2007, 07:17 PM
The reason that running zombies don't make any anatomical sense to me, god i can't believe i'm arguing the merits of anatomy in a zombie film, is because if you are dead and not only your brain but your muscle tissure your flesh and your bone is all beginning to decay at a rapid rate, not to mention that your body is drying at a high rate as well, It wouldn't make sense that they would be able to run atleast without constantly losing limbs. Plus It's easy to assume that zombies have only basic motor functions, how are they supposed to have the abillity to sustain a controlled movement like running?

That being said, I think the Dawn of the dead remake is a decent popcorn filck, it just won't be the classic in twenty years that the original is. However i have to say based on the trailer and the fact that the team behind day of the dead 2: contagium (fucking word doesn't exist dammit!) that the day of the dead remake will be very bad.

you
04-18-2007, 03:32 PM
I've been wanting to see Zombie for a while now...is it any good?

theoutfieldguy
04-18-2007, 03:41 PM
I d0n0.I like most of the ones that I've seen pretty equally.
Dawn of the Dead and NOTLD.Original and remakes were good.
Return of the Living Dead 2.The only one I didnt really enjoy was Land of the Dead.I actually fell asleep in my girlfriends lap on this one.I thought it sucked.And tv guide gave it 3 stars.

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 03:59 PM
I've been wanting to see Zombie for a while now...is it any good?

If you're referring to Zombie 2, Lucio Fulci's film, I have to say i find it really boring unfortunately.

Khan
04-18-2007, 04:22 PM

I didn't like them either, but I still liked the Dawn remake.

The only one I didnt really enjoy was Land of the Dead.I actually fell asleep in my girlfriends lap on this one.I thought it sucked.And tv guide gave it 3 stars.

I love the movie personally.

That and the Dawn remake were filmed where I live.

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 04:26 PM
I didn't like them either, but I still liked the Dawn remake.

I said before i think, the dawn remake is a good popcorn movie, no sublte social comments like the original but immediately watchable and entertaining. that said running zombies are bothersome, i can't stop thinking about how little sense it makes and just watch the movie. How i wish i could, if i could perhaps i wouldn't dread the Day remake so much.

WhiteZombie
04-18-2007, 05:44 PM
The reason that running zombies don't make any anatomical sense to me, god i can't believe i'm arguing the merits of anatomy in a zombie film, is because if you are dead and not only your brain but your muscle tissure your flesh and your bone is all beginning to decay at a rapid rate, not to mention that your body is drying at a high rate as well, It wouldn't make sense that they would be able to run atleast without constantly losing limbs. Plus It's easy to assume that zombies have only basic motor functions, how are they supposed to have the abillity to sustain a controlled movement like running?

That being said, I think the Dawn of the dead remake is a decent popcorn filck, it just won't be the classic in twenty years that the original is. However i have to say based on the trailer and the fact that the team behind day of the dead 2: contagium (fucking word doesn't exist dammit!) that the day of the dead remake will be very bad.

Yeah, I've read the Zombie Survival Guide, which spends time talking about anatomy n stuff. It fully doesent make sense for them to be running, but its still a decent movie. But obviously the original is best, and always will be

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I've read the Zombie Survival Guide, which spends time talking about anatomy n stuff. It fully doesent make sense for them to be running

brilliant book isn't it

WhiteZombie
04-18-2007, 06:24 PM
brilliant book isn't it

Oh yeah. I love it

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Oh yeah. I love it

my favorite part of the whole thing was learning what weapons are the best to use. Some of it had never accured to me before

sarah_1980
04-18-2007, 06:43 PM
28 Days Later
Shaun Of The Dead
Dawn Of The Dead (remake)
Resident Evil
Land Of The Dead (which is the only Romero zombie film I liked)

WhiteZombie
04-18-2007, 06:48 PM
my favorite part of the whole thing was learning what weapons are the best to use. Some of it had never accured to me before

Yeah totally. Crowbar the best melee? I dident think of that one. Now I know

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Yeah totally. Crowbar the best melee? I dident think of that one. Now I know

and i had thought a baseball bat would be good, but not so if i recall correctly.

zombie commando
04-20-2007, 06:22 AM
and i had thought a baseball bat would be good, but not so if i recall correctly.

A katana would be better.

And my favorite zombie flick is, and will always be, Day of the Dead. HAIL BUB!

mr32
05-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Night of the living dead.

Khan
05-29-2007, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I've read the Zombie Survival Guide, which spends time talking about anatomy n stuff. It fully doesent make sense for them to be running, but its still a decent movie. But obviously the original is best, and always will be

That is an awesome book!

WhiteZombie
05-29-2007, 07:03 PM

They're good to keep on you for emergencies., But they would fall apart too easily. Wood would just start to break apart, as its not ment for smashing skulls, and Iron one would be the better choice, but would still start to dent apart.

Thats right. I've fought Zombies.

Rich
06-17-2007, 12:37 AM
Danny Boyle and Fox both say it's a Zombie film and although technically there are not zombies they are about as 'Zombie' as you can get with out being 'Zombie'

28 Days is not a zombie movie. You have to be dead to be a zombie. Hell, I don't even consider the remake of Dawn of the Dead to be a zombie movie, because they run, but that is being too technical.

The infected people are not the closest thing you can get to a zombie either. I think the possessed in The Evil Dead are the closest thing to a zombie without actually being a zombie. Hell Jason Voorhees in Jason Lives is more of a zombie then the infected people of 28 Days as well.

I think movies like 28 Days and the remake of Dawn of the Dead tried to re-create the zombie by trying to re-write some rules, but they failed because people don't buy into that shit. What a zombie is has been established by decades of film. Zombies are living dead creatures who walk and feed on living flesh. That is what a zombie is and any movie that tried to change that is wrong and a piece of crap.

FooFighters
06-19-2007, 06:51 AM
28 weeks later

Khan
06-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Thse are infected living humans, not undead zombies.

Roswell
06-19-2007, 02:09 PM
I love the 28 films, but they're definately not zombie films. They're inspired by them, but they themselves are not zombie films. I still like to think of them as a real life version of the zombie, though. I mean, flesh eating zombies is something that is basically fantasy, but I could see something like 28 Days Later happening in real life and that's what I like so much about those two films.

As for my favorite zombie film, it still has to be the original Dawn of The Dead.

Khan
06-19-2007, 02:31 PM
As for my favorite zombie film, it still has to be the original Dawn of The Dead.

As I have said before, it is my favorite movie ever!

Rich
06-24-2007, 10:02 AM
Flesh eating zombies is not a phantasy. There are cannibals in the world. Flesh eating walking corpses are a phantasy. :D

The Dark Knight
06-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Shaun of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead 78
Day of the Dead 85
its hard to place these in any order.

wyatt s
06-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Shaun of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead 78
Day of the Dead 85
its hard to place these in any order.

absolutely. Those are definately my top faves as well and which one is actually my favorite depends on my day to day mood. At the moment I'm pretty heavy into Day.

Eween
06-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Re-Animator
Day of the Dead
Evil Dead II
Zombie II
Bubba Hotep
Planet Terror
Last Man on Earth(if this could be considered a Zombie flick)

Dr_Loomis02
06-30-2007, 07:52 PM
The Dawn of the Dead remake I prefer over the original. It was more intense in my opinion.
I also love Shaun of the Dead, humorous but yet also serious.
The original Night of the Living Dead and the remake.

28 days later is far better than the sequel.

Shamrock-Robot
07-17-2007, 12:27 AM
It has to be a tie between Dawn and Day, Land is really getting up their in the ranks for me too.

brain eater
07-19-2007, 08:46 AM
Dawn of the Dead 78' , hands down my favorite zombie film.

WhiteZombie
07-19-2007, 10:09 AM

Good man. Welcome to the board

Khan
07-19-2007, 11:29 AM

Good call!

zombie commando
07-19-2007, 11:58 AM

Bad Taste? Even a better call!

Myers Insurance
07-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Dawn of the Dead ('78 version) and Shaun of the Dead.

brain eater
07-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Good man. Welcome to the board

Thank you.

brain eater
07-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Bad Taste? Even a better call!

You can't go wrong with Bad Taste. Aren't you on the B-D forums also?

Desperado Dave
07-20-2007, 07:42 AM
Night of the Living Dead (Romero's version of course)

Psych0ticNemes1s
07-20-2007, 09:36 AM
Night of the Living Dead (Romero's version of course)

I concur... Dawn gives it a run for its money though

Khan
07-20-2007, 09:39 AM
All of Romero's Living Dead films are excellent movies that make you think.

WhiteZombie
07-20-2007, 09:43 AM
I concur... Dawn gives it a run for its money though

Dawn is slightly, slightly better, IMO.

Psych0ticNemes1s
07-20-2007, 09:48 AM
Dawn is slightly, slightly better, IMO.

I could agree with some convincing.. Dawn definately scared me more.. Man that seen in the city where they are eating eachother during the news broadcast is incredably creepy.

discvader
10-04-2007, 07:40 AM
Just thinking about it...opinions really don't matter in this case(although needed to keep this thread going, haha), cause no zombie movie had the impact of Night of the Living Dead. Yeah, Dawn of the Dead can be your favorite...but in the annals of movie history, they'll only remember Night...

Having said that, it depends on the day of the week for which one is my favorite...since I watched Dawn(looks great!) on Blu-Ray last night, I'm going with that today, and whatever day I watch Day on Blu-Ray. I'm sure that'll be tops! lol, I'm just grounded in the fact that Night of the Living Dead is and forever will be the King...

mmyers78
10-04-2007, 11:45 AM
My favorite is Dawn of the Dead (1978)

shawn31
10-04-2007, 12:21 PM
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD! THE ORIGINAL. :bow:

FooFighters
10-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Well I would say 28 Weeks Later but...some people would start a huge argument saying, there not zombies! blah! blah! blah!

So I would say Dawn of the Dead remake. Great film.

Khan
10-05-2007, 04:08 PM
The Dawn remake over the original?

The original blows the remake out of the water.

FooFighters
10-05-2007, 04:10 PM
I haven't seen the original. The zombies I've seen clips of look really bad though.

Khan
10-05-2007, 04:12 PM
The original is a brilliant film.

It is a smart film that has good social messages while delivering lots of gore.

wyatt s
10-05-2007, 04:16 PM
I haven't seen the original. The zombies I've seen clips of look really bad though.

Low budget made it so that the zombies in the original Dawn were kind of generic and the special FX aren't up to the standards of today, but the story, the acting, and the social commentary make the film a classic. And they also make the film pretty timeless despite the aged FX's. I'd see it if I were you.

FooFighters
10-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Eh, I don't know it is very impotant to me that the zombies look good. Not some guy with his face painted pale.

Khan
10-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Look past the painted zombies and take in the social commentary and compelling story.

wyatt s
10-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Eh, I don't know it is very impotant to me that the zombies look good. Not some guy with his face painted pale.

I understand that, but the quality of the movie is undeniable and the fact is that even though they don't look that great they are still pretty frightening when they need to be. Hell Romero created the modern zombie, and his direction of Dawn makes even the silliest of them come off great.

FooFighters
10-05-2007, 04:26 PM
I'll rent it soon.

ThornMember83
10-06-2007, 05:22 AM
Day of The Dead it was really the 1st zombie movie I have ever seen. The setting is awesome, it gives a sesnse that these people are really screwed, very bleek/grim. The social elemets also help, it shows that even in a time like that the human race is still pretty messed up with all the infighting and all. Also the awesome gore Fx by Savini.

wyatt s
10-06-2007, 05:29 AM
Day of The Dead it was really the 1st zombie movie I have ever seen. The setting is awesome, it gives a sesnse that these people are really screwed, very bleek/grim. The social elemets also help, it shows that even in a time like that the human race is still pretty messed up with all the infighting and all. Also the awesome gore Fx by Savini.

I kind of flip flop between Dawn and Day, but for the most part Day is my favorite Zombie film. I'm attracted to dark material, as far as movies go, and Day certainly was dark. I very much enjoyed it, and I loved the way Romero began experimenting with his own Zombie's making them gain intelligence. I especially loved the way he made the zombie's more sympathedic in this film, which of course he continued in Land, but in Day it was just so great.

Rich
10-06-2007, 06:10 AM

Remember they are the recient and unburried dead so they are not going to look like skeletons. They are people whom have basically just died in the past couple days so decomposition has not really begun to rot them yet. If you notice, theyn get more and more rotted as each film goes by a time goes on which is realistic.

Khan
10-06-2007, 06:11 AM
Remember they are the recient and unburried dead so they are not going to look like skeletons. They are people whom have basically just died in the past couple days so decomposition has not really begun to rot them yet. If you notice, theyn get more and more rotted as each film goes by a time goes on which is realistic.

Yeah, that is why in Day, there were some pretty gruesome looking zombies.

FooFighters
10-06-2007, 07:13 AM
True, but I don't think people are thinking that when they go to see a movie.

They want to be entertained with some gruesome looking zombies!

Khan
10-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Time for a lesson from the zombie master.

If you want cool looking zombies without a plot, watch Burial Ground.

If you want a zombie movie that makes you think while being entertained, watch one of Romero's movies.

Roswell
10-06-2007, 12:01 PM
They want to be entertained with some gruesome looking zombies!

I think, for the most part, you're right. However, when I watch a Romero zombie movie, I know I'm in for something different than a standard zombie film.

Even Romero's most standard zombie film (Land of The Dead) is still above most of the zombie films that come out.

FooFighters
10-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Did Romero direct the remake or the original?

wyatt s
10-06-2007, 09:46 PM
The original.

FooFighters
10-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Yeah. I really liked the remake. I haven't seen many of the originals of zombie movies.

The Dark Knight
10-07-2007, 06:57 AM
Yeah. I really liked the remake. I haven't seen many of the originals of zombie movies.

*sigh*

Khan
10-07-2007, 08:12 AM

See them!

WhiteZombie
10-08-2007, 07:37 AM

God damn get on that

F@@@inlovemyers
10-30-2007, 01:20 AM
i love the original dawn of the dead, i like the remake too but it should of stuck to more of the original story

horrornut
10-30-2007, 03:21 AM
IMO there is nothing like the original.:bow:

punkrocklove
10-30-2007, 04:07 AM
Does Pet Sematary count? If so that!

Khan
10-30-2007, 05:25 AM
IMO there is nothing like the original.:bow:

Right on!:nodsmile:

mr_casper_sgv
10-30-2007, 06:07 AM
Anyone seen Night of the Living Dead part 4? Is it worth watching? I make a thread but I guess they deleted it for some reason.

Khan
10-30-2007, 06:29 AM
You mean Land Of The Dead?

F@@@inlovemyers
10-30-2007, 04:52 PM
i also like The Return of The Living Dead as well, good mix of humor, zombies, and nudidy :nodsmile::nodsmile::nodsmile::nodsmile::nodsmile: :nodsmile:

Khan
10-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Brainssss!!!

mcilroga
10-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Night Of Da Living Dead (original) or 28 Days Lattah.

Khan
10-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Night Of Da Living Dead (original) or 28 Days Lattah.

Zombie-like, not zombies. ;)

mcilroga
10-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Zombie-like, not zombies. ;)

Truth. ;) Still has to make the list, though.

Payback? Romero is an arrogant cunt who thinks that the zombie genre is his or something. He conducts himself like this in interviews.

How ya like THAT? :D

Khan
10-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Has Jodie Foster done a zombie movie? :p

mcilroga
10-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Has Jodie Foster done a zombie movie? :p

Thank God, no.

Muse
10-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Thank God, no.

Yeah, we wouldn't want her ruining such a good genre now, would we Jeremy. ;)

Haha, you know I'm kidding Derek.. as just about bloody always. Plus, for the record, 28DL.. not zombies dammit!!! Haha. Just had to have my say.

you
10-31-2007, 11:40 AM
On G4 tonight they will be showing Night of the living dead re-edited as "Night of the tripping dead" I recommend everybody watch it cause if alot of people watch it they might do more movies.

Khan
10-31-2007, 11:44 AM
I wish the movie wasn't public domain...

MaDMaNMaRz
11-10-2007, 04:34 PM
It's hard to only pick one favorite. My top 3 favorites would be:

Day of the Dead
Lucio Fulci's Zombie
Return of the Living Dead

alexis
11-21-2007, 03:08 AM
I love Zombi, Burial Ground (that little kid whose not really one is just too funny) and Zombie Holocaust...until about the last half-an-hour...

you
12-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Dawn Of The Dead is by far the best.

F@@@inlovemyers
12-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Dawn Of The Dead is by far the best.

Which one, Original Or Remake?

F@@@inlovemyers
12-06-2007, 03:07 PM
I wish the movie wasn't public domain...

....Why Not

Khan
12-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Anyone can release it on DVD or make an alternate cut and Romero gets no royalties.

F@@@inlovemyers
12-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Anyone can release it on DVD or make an alternate cut and Romero gets no royalties.

SO? Like he doesn't live better than me... come on.

you
12-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Which one, Original Or Remake?

Original.

F@@@inlovemyers
12-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Original.

Good choice :nodsmile:

wyatt s
12-06-2007, 08:01 PM
SO? Like he doesn't live better than me... come on.

I'm of the opinion that just because the guy is fairly well off, or so I assume, means that he needs to suck it up when somebody makes money off of something he put out there while at the same time he gets nothing. The man put his time and energy into that movie when he made it and I personally believe he should be allowed to make all the cash he can off of it, and the fact that he really can't is very upsetting.

Slow91
12-22-2007, 08:54 AM
I love the remake of the Night of the Living dead. The Return of The Living dead is in a VERY close second. The rest dont catch my interest as much.

Khan
12-22-2007, 08:58 AM
What about Romero's Dead trilogy?

JOeKER
01-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Mine would have to be Land of the Dead. I'm not disregarding ROmero's other's, I love the original Dawn of the Dead... Land of the Dead is my fave though.

Khan
01-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Land Of The Dead suffers from studio-itis, but is very good.

MaDMaNMaRz
01-10-2008, 11:26 PM
For the longest time, I used to favor Dawn of the Dead....the Director's Cut. But over the last few years, i've grown to like Day of the Dead more.

Klown_Face
01-12-2008, 03:11 PM
For me its resident evil.

Khan
01-12-2008, 05:23 PM
There would be no Resident Evil without Romero's Dead series.

FooFighters
01-12-2008, 05:48 PM
There would be no Resident Evil without Romero's Dead series.

You don't know that for sure.

My favorite is probably Dawn of the Dead or one of the Resident Evil's.....not really sure.

Khan
01-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Without Romero's Night Of The Living Dead (1968), the modern, undead flesh-eating zombie wouldn't exist.

That is a fact.

Trust me, I have done my research.

FooFighters
01-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Without Romero's Night Of The Living Dead (1968), the modern, undead flesh-eating zombie wouldn't exist.

That is a fact.

*Jeremy and George A. Romero*

:kissing:

:p

Khan
01-12-2008, 06:07 PM
:roflmao:

To add to what I said, there wouldn't be a 28 Days Later without Romero's Dead series.

Scriptwriter 'Alex Garland' acknowledges several sources as inspiration for his screenplay, notably John Wyndham's The Day of the Triffids (1962), George A. Romero's "Dead" trilogy (Night, Dawn and Day) and The Omega Man (1971). Direct homages include Jim waking up in the hospital from The Day of the Triffids (1962), the chained infected being studied from Day of the Dead (1985), and the scene in the grocery store (people in the mall from Dawn of the Dead (1978)), the stop for supplies that saw a run-in with infected children (also Dawn of the Dead (1978)), and the military holing up against the plague with outsiders partially to deliberately include females (also Day of the Dead).

FooFighters
01-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Ooh, now your trying to get under my skin:D

I guess you are right.:bow:

Severed
01-12-2008, 06:09 PM

That is a fact.

You are right on. Zombies existed before Romero, but he is the one that made them what they are today. Even the makers of RE have said that the Romero films were an influence.

Khan
01-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Exactly.

There were voodoo-type zombies long ago (1932's White Zombie), but none that craved human flesh. :nodsmile:

Severed
01-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Exactly.

There were voodoo-type zombies long ago (1932's White Zombie), but none that craved human flesh. :nodsmile:

What do you think of the trailer of Diary of the Dead? I think it looks interesting.

Khan
01-12-2008, 06:15 PM
I love it!

Romero has gone independent again and that can only be good.

Severed
01-12-2008, 06:16 PM
I love it!

Romero has gone independent again and that can only be good.

I will definitely be seeing it in the theatre.

Khan
01-12-2008, 06:17 PM
I just hope it gets a decent release.

I know it will be here though.

FooFighters
01-12-2008, 06:28 PM
It should be here. I will definitely go see it, but I don't like the plot.

F@@@inlovemyers
01-13-2008, 08:58 AM
I hope it's here, if not that will totally suck. What are the chances of it getting a limited DVD run?

And I love resident evil as well now, those movies just straight up kick ass. Extinction is probably my 3rd fav Zombie movies now. behind Night Of The Living dead (original) and my ultimate fav, Dawn Of the Dead (original)

FooFighters
01-13-2008, 09:00 AM
Hell yeah. The Resident Evil series is just awesome! Milla Jovovich rules.