PDA

View Full Version : Ask a Collector

MichaelMyers101
10-28-2004, 07:05 PM
Here you can ask all of your memorabilia questions to people like myself, franchise, mr.taft, myers63, and many other long time collectors. Hopefully someone can answer your question.

Franchise
10-28-2004, 08:50 PM
I can answer no questions for I am blind to how rare things are. But, I can sometimes tell you what you have. Like Halloween stuff. Yeah. Definitely.

MichaelMyers101
10-29-2004, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Franchise
I can answer no questions for I am blind to how rare things are. But, I can sometimes tell you what you have. Like Halloween stuff. Yeah. Definitely.

MMMHMMM... Dats what Is takin bout. mmmmmhmmmm

sharkey
10-29-2004, 06:56 AM
Where is myers63 is he back and did he open a halloween 3 website if he did can i have the link please guys.

MichaelMyers101
10-29-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by sharkey
Where is myers63 is he back and did he open a halloween 3 website if he did can i have the link please guys.

He did, but now it isn't up anymore. I don't know what's going on with him. He's never online anymore. He's really busy, that's all I know.

MrTaft
10-30-2004, 04:19 PM
He had to move interstate and runs his own business, so it consumes a lot of his time.

sharkey
10-31-2004, 03:50 AM
ahh cool what was the site like was it good.

Cheers for the info guys

Neo
10-31-2004, 08:37 AM
Yeah it was a good site, he never managed to get everything up and running on it tho. Had the potential to the best H3 site on the web....oh well.

heres the link even tho it doesnt work, you never know it might open again one day.

Final Processing (http://www.finalprocessing.com)

dave626
10-31-2004, 12:47 PM
Back to the topic.....

Here's some questions....

Has Debra Hill or Ellie Cornell ever signed anything?
We all know 5's LP was only from Europe, but did they make LPs of 6 and beyond? Or cassettes?

MyersFan927
10-31-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by dave626
Back to the topic.....

Here's some questions....

Has Debra Hill or Ellie Cornell ever signed anything?
We all know 5's LP was only from Europe, but did they make LPs of 6 and beyond? Or cassettes?

No LPs or cassettes past H5. However the 20th anniversary soundtrack of H1 is released on a cassette version.

sixxsixxsixx
11-05-2004, 05:22 AM
Are there any mask makers that make custom fit masks?

jmb_052
11-05-2004, 02:52 PM
How rare is a H3 theatrical 1 sheet.

Franchise
11-05-2004, 04:26 PM
How rare is the 1 sheet? It was fairly rare up until a few years ago when it seemed like no one was selling it. Now, you got everyone and his brother on e-Bay trying to sell theirs. So, I wouldn't put the value above what I paid for mine, which was $10.

MyersFan927
11-05-2004, 04:29 PM
I have a question:

What does it mean when a sealed Halloween LP has a tiny cut-out notch at the bottom? Does that mean it wasn't factory sealed or something?

MrTaft
11-06-2004, 12:10 AM
Vincent, that was done by retailers to cut out the original price, and then stick theirs elsewhere on the cover. Although, that doesn't prove if the LP is actually factory-sealed or not. I think the only way to tell if it truly is, is if the wrapping has the little holes in it to rip it off. That's what I heard, anyway.

MyersFan927
11-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by MrTaft
Vincent, that was done by retailers to cut out the original price, and then stick theirs elsewhere on the cover. Although, that doesn't prove if the LP is actually factory-sealed or not. I think the only way to tell if it truly is, is if the wrapping has the little holes in it to rip it off. That's what I heard, anyway.

Thanks, MrTaft!

jmb_052
11-07-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Franchise
How rare is the 1 sheet? It was fairly rare up until a few years ago when it seemed like no one was selling it. Now, you got everyone and his brother on e-Bay trying to sell theirs. So, I wouldn't put the value above what I paid for mine, which was $10.

Damn. I wished it would be in the $20 dollar region.

Evil Never Dies
11-15-2004, 04:57 AM
How rare is the french Halloween 2 poster with michael in the knife and a screaming girl just below the knife? How much would it be worth?

MrTaft
11-15-2004, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Evil Never Dies
How rare is the french Halloween 2 poster with michael in the knife and a screaming girl just below the knife? How much would it be worth?

Quite rare. It comes in two sizes - three sheet and mini poster. The mini poster is easier to get and worth about $40. The larger poster is quite rare and worth at least $70 in good condition.

Evil Never Dies
11-15-2004, 10:12 AM
Quite rare. It comes in two sizes - three sheet and mini poster. The mini poster is easier to get and worth about $40. The larger poster is quite rare and worth at least $70 in good condition.

Thanks. I have the huge poster in brilliant condition.

It's Neal
11-15-2004, 11:05 AM
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on some halloween movie posters that arent astronomically priced, even reprints sold someplace. I only managed to find a reprint of H1 in my local suncoast video but thats it.

dave626
11-15-2004, 12:42 PM
eBay's a good start they have 4 pages worth right now on various Halloween posters, you'll have to sift thru the non movie posters, but they run 10+ really not that bad.

Found 3 from the original Halloween here

http://www.movie.your-posters.com/movies/halloween.html

Hope that helps. You can try Yahoo, but it's hit and miss.

It's Neal
11-15-2004, 09:13 PM
Ok cool, Ill have to check it out......MrTaft.....how do you know all this?

MrTaft
11-15-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by NCamp
MrTaft.....how do you know all this?

Because I've been collecting for years and have seen it all. You know these things after a while.

Myers63
11-16-2004, 12:18 AM

Yes indeed, MrTaft!

In addition, cut-out knotches or "drill holes" were also an indication of poor sales and eventual deletion from the manufacturer's catalog. As far as HalloweeN soundtracks go...H3 and H4 were the only ones to acquire such classifications. The H4 LP was released during the phasing out of "vinyl" LPs...and, since the CD is still in-print, it's safe to say that the H4 LP sales suffered only from the demise of the format itself.

MrTaft
11-16-2004, 01:39 AM
Ah, there you are, Josh! Thanks for your message and great to see you again. :)

MyersFan927
11-16-2004, 07:31 PM
So is it okay if a record has a cut-out hole? Does it mean the record was probably used, despite the plastic wrapping?

myersisbanned
11-17-2004, 09:21 AM
Hello everyone. You have a newbie here. My question is, I have noticed alot of masks on ebay here lately and are the prices of a mask like the h20 or h8 style supposed to be 80.00 - 100.00 dollars? And are there websites that sell these masks?

Evil Never Dies
11-18-2004, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by myersisback
Hello everyone. You have a newbie here. My question is, I have noticed alot of masks on ebay here lately and are the prices of a mask like the h20 or h8 style supposed to be 80.00 - 100.00 dollars? And are there websites that sell these masks?

Cinema Serect masks would be about $50. But fan made mask can go up to anything from $100 to $500. But the fan made ones are better and worth every penny!

Evil Never Dies
11-20-2004, 04:10 AM
I just got my Sideshow Michael Myers action figure off ebay and the myers mask has fake blood splattered on it? Is this normal or what? The pictures that I have seen just have a white mask?

MrTaft
11-20-2004, 04:47 AM
The ones I've seen in the stores all have plain masks, Evil! Judging by what you said about the packaging, I think the original owner put the blood on himself! You should say something to them.

Evil Never Dies
11-20-2004, 04:49 AM
The ones I've seen in the stores all have plain masks, Evil! Judging by what you said about the packaging, I think the original owner put the blood on himself! You should say something to them.

If the blood is on it does it decrease the value of it?

Evil Never Dies
11-20-2004, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Evil Never Dies
If the blood is on it does it decrease the value of it?

I just phoned the person that sold it to me and he owned a comic book store in which they use to sell them. And when they got it the blood was already on it? Was there a small amount of these action figures with blood splattered on them? Like only a 1000 with blood on it making them rare or something?

MrTaft
11-20-2004, 06:00 AM
I have no idea. I've never heard anything like that, though. I think he or someone he worked with did it themselves. Unless someone can verify?

dave626
11-20-2004, 08:20 AM
The SideShow figure I have does not have blood on it. Nor is it numbered to any certain amount. I've gotten packages (like the latest bobble head) with munched plastic covers. But the way I consider my collection, it only devalues it if you're planning on selling it, which I'm not. I don't put value in my collection simply because I need it, will have it not going anywhere else.

Evil Never Dies
11-20-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by dave626
The SideShow figure I have does not have blood on it. Nor is it numbered to any certain amount. I've gotten packages (like the latest bobble head) with munched plastic covers. But the way I consider my collection, it only devalues it if you're planning on selling it, which I'm not. I don't put value in my collection simply because I need it, will have it not going anywhere else.

I would never sell any of my halloween stuff but i was just wondering.

I've decided to keep it anyway. The blood makes it that more unique. Thanks for your help Mr.Taft

BONES
10-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Can any one tell me where I can find some copys of the news paper clipings lik the ones in H6 and H8 I'm trying to do a wall like the one of Loomises Can any one help me?

MrTaft
10-10-2005, 10:03 PM
There are none. You'd have to make your own. And I think you mean H20, not H8.

yeager24
10-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Are you talking about this on...?

vilecomfort
10-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Does anyone actually know whatever happened to the station wagon in Halloween? Was it just borrowed from the film and some decals were made up for the doors to make it look official, or was it actually a government vehicle? I cant really make out the Manufacturer of the car, though it looks like either a Chevy or Oldsmobile. Has anyone ever tried to clone one of these to replicate the look of the wagon in the film?

BONES
10-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by yeager24
Are you talking about this on...?
Yea but you know how the wall is coverd with clipings thats what I want to do but cant find clipings.

MrTaft
10-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Does anyone actually know whatever happened to the station wagon in Halloween? Was it just borrowed from the film and some decals were made up for the doors to make it look official, or was it actually a government vehicle? I cant really make out the Manufacturer of the car, though it looks like either a Chevy or Oldsmobile. Has anyone ever tried to clone one of these to replicate the look of the wagon in the film?

The station wagon was a 1976 Ford LTD owned by one of the crew members, which John Carpenter borrowed and emblazoned the government symbols on the door. Tommy Lee Wallace apparently put the dividing cage in, and it was all removed after filming. As for doing a replica, that is the very idea I have! I've got the car, just waiting for the money to complete the job, one day...

Myers63
10-13-2005, 10:43 PM
VERY nice Paul!! It must ROCK owning that very car! :)

MrTaft
10-13-2005, 11:27 PM
Yes, but that should not be confused with owning THE actual car in the film, which I don't. :p

H5rulz
10-14-2005, 01:18 AM
Since for some reason I cant start a new thread and I have been a member for years, I will post my question in here.

What Dvd version is the best for Halloween 2 and Halloween 3? I noticed their is a couple different ones. Region 1 by the way. ;-)

dave626
10-14-2005, 08:08 AM
The best current versions of Halloween 2 & 3 are the Univeral ones. 2's cover w/Loomis and Laurie on the top half and the scene where the car runs into Ben Tramer and he burns is the one I'm talking about. H3 either version is the same thing, just different packaging.

Oneilmyers78
10-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Those are good times. Universal has that awful pic with Michael's face with laurie caught in his eye. lol. I prefer the goodtimes because the title menu has the halloween 2 theme the whole time.

Franchise
10-14-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Oneilmyers78
Those are good times. Universal has that awful pic with Michael's face with laurie caught in his eye. lol. I prefer the goodtimes because the title menu has the halloween 2 theme the whole time.

I prefer Universal for the superior transfer. If it were H1, I'd go with the THX 2 disc set with the blue hues added and not the 2 disc 25th. Just a remark. No one asked, but I'm saying. heh

vilecomfort
10-14-2005, 02:31 PM
The station wagon was a 1976 Ford LTD owned by one of the crew members, which John Carpenter borrowed and emblazoned the government symbols on the door. Tommy Lee Wallace apparently put the dividing cage in, and it was all removed after filming. As for doing a replica, that is the very idea I have! I've got the car, just waiting for the money to complete the job, one day...

You, Sir, are the man

H5rulz
10-14-2005, 03:29 PM
thanks you guys

Jason102197
10-15-2005, 01:34 AM
this was a good idea from you guys higher up!!!

That is cool Mr Taft that u want to re make the car i really think that will be a bad ass project

BONES
10-15-2005, 12:58 PM
I realy would like to see it.

H-Field Hero
10-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Oneilmyers78
Those are good times. Universal has that awful pic with Michael's face with laurie caught in his eye. lol. I prefer the goodtimes because the title menu has the halloween 2 theme the whole time. At least the uni cover is something simple. The goodtimes cover is a collage you would see done in an 8th grade computer graphics class. Both suck compared to the poster art that was used on the mca/uni vhs's all those years.

The animorphic transfer makes the uni release of H2 superior. Thats my opinion. If you care more about the title menu than the appearance of the film, you may think differently.

Richard freeman
10-31-2005, 09:12 AM
Hi I"ve HALLOWEEN 1/2..HALLOWEEN 4 LP & the new Model of Michael & Donald on the porch of the Myers house..Without ebay..are the films about on DVD in "SPECIAL" versions & is stuff fairly easy to get,please/
Cheers ..& Happy Ween!

myers2004
10-31-2005, 10:42 AM
it depends on what your looking for as to how easy to find it is. most of the basic movies are pretty easy to find from what i have found. others on here may have found that to be different and with all the different cover versions. alot of thins i find all over though like in yard sales and flea markets as well as places like spencers and other shops. pawn shops are alos ood places to find them. not sure what your considering special as far as movies but ill leave that up to finding out more on what you consider "special" and all and im sure others on here will have some input also.

Richard freeman
11-02-2005, 01:34 AM
My tahnks for that,the disc I was after were the ones with commentry..do they all have that?Also,the Uk seem to be a tad "sparse" on the stuff from the films..is that true???

dave626
11-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Yes and no. Yes some of the UK singles might have been sparse (I don't know, I don't live there) but, now, thanks to the UK's not having as much of a problem w/multiple distributors like we do in the US, the UK has something we in the US never will.

A box set. This box set can probably still be view if not bought at Amazon.com UK. This collection has all 8 films. 2 and 3 are special in the box set where it has the commentary you speak, but that's only critics, not anyone actually connected to the films.

The others 1, 4-8 or so I've heard, have the same thing the US version has as far as special features. Which is why I never bothered. 2 and 3 weren't my favs to begin with and critic commentary is not persuasive enough for me to get the set overseas, much less a Region free/universal DVD player (US is Region 1 only) since I have all the other 6 the way they are in both regions.

Now, someone refresh my memory on the first one of that set. Does it have the Restored extras or a previous copy? I know it's not the 25th ann. because that came out after.

Speaking of coming out after, do not confuse the 8 movie set w/the other UK box set. The first set came out in 98 and had 1-5 and H20. 8 obviously hadn't been released by then and 6 wasn't in it for whatever reason (didn't make one over there, didn't want to bother w/it or noone had the rights yet).

That one's not as good. Only look for the 8 disc set. I'm sure even eBay has them if you look hard enough.