PDA

View Full Version : Five Favorite Films with George A. Romero

brianandrews
06-04-2010, 03:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybKwhmgvD2w

Torgo
06-04-2010, 05:35 PM
All of them are from the 50s. A lot of great stuff has been made since then George, including your contributions.

Cool feature tho, have they done this with other directors/actors/writers?

Scarface
06-04-2010, 06:44 PM
All absolutely incredible films. I'm particularly pleased with Tales of Hoffmann being his number one. He had an interesting piece discussing his love for it on the Criterion DVD.

Torgo
06-04-2010, 06:48 PM
All absolutely incredible films. I'm particularly pleased with Tales of Hoffmann being his number one. He had an interesting piece discussing his love for it on the Criterion DVD.

I've never even heard of it. Looked like not my type of movie.

Scarface
06-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Well, if you don't like musicals, than probably not.

Torgo
06-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Well, if you don't like musicals, than probably not.

Yeah, not a big fan of musicals.

Silverpsycho
06-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks for posting that video, Brian. :yeah:

I most definitely fail for not having seen all those films in full...only bits and pieces on a couple. I need to get updated with the classics.

I'm actually pretty surprised with Romero's choices but the man has taste. I couldn't help but laugh a little when he briefly said to go see Survival of the Dead after giving props to movies he found as inspiration. While Romero has certainly spun out some incredible awesome classics of his own, he's just sort of given up. At least he's never abandoned the living dead though. I must hand it to the man for that.

wyatt s
06-05-2010, 06:15 AM
All tremendous films indeed. Cool little vid, glad to get a look at some of the man's inspirations and cinematic tastes.

All of them are from the 50s. A lot of great stuff has been made since then George, including your contributions.

Why yes...yes they are all from the 50's...and I'd stack them against any modern film you want to throw out. On The Waterfront, for example, is one of the best dramas ever made, in my opinion, and perfectly stacks up with any other drama that's come after it that you want to compare it to.

Rich
06-19-2010, 01:23 PM
It is really hard to do top whatever movie lists because my mind is always changing. There are so many great movies.

the 'M' clam
08-12-2011, 04:16 PM
My top five favorite George A. Romero films are Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Monkey Shines & Creep Show.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Congratulations...that has nothing to do with this thread, which is about George Romero's favorite films. Not your favorite George Romero films.

And is that the American spelling you've used for "favorite?" The evidence stacks up.

the 'M' clam
08-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Congratulations...that has nothing to do with this thread, which is about George Romero's favorite films. Not your favorite George Romero films.

And is that the American spelling you've used for "favorite?" The evidence stacks up.

Shit. Sorry.