PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Loomis's extreme thirst

The Devil's Reject
04-06-2010, 06:29 PM
In the scene where Debera Myers gives Michael the photo of him a Laurie Loomis reachs for his cup 4 times it's actually kind of funny if you hadn't noticed go back and watch it again.

Seriously how much tea can this guy drink? lol

Was this in the script is there something to this or is it just an editing mistake? Maybe Loomis is supposed to come across as nervous. What do you think?

Torgo
04-06-2010, 06:40 PM
In the scene where Debera Myers gives Michael the photo of him a Laurie Loomis reachs for his cup 4 times it's actually kind of funny if you hadn't noticed go back and watch it again.

Seriously how much tea can this guy drink? lol

Was this in the script is there something to this or is it just an editing mistake? Maybe Loomis is supposed to come across as nervous. What do you think?

I think when you're noticing how many times a character reaches for a drink, you're probably watching the movie too much. :bastard:

captainoneliner
04-06-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm too busy reaching for drinks while watching this movie to notice that.

Danny Strode
04-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Ha, ha. It's probably just an editing mistake. Nothing more. A lot of films suffer from something similar.

Look at the scene in The Godfather when Tom is at Woltz's and his glass is filled twice in the matter of just seconds.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-06-2010, 11:50 PM
It must've been 4:00.

But yeah, this reminds me of the scene in The Usual Suspects where Keaton lights his cigarette, then it's unlit, then he's exhaling smoke, then it's back in his mouth and he's taking a drag, then it's unlit again....

zombie commando
04-07-2010, 03:27 AM
This reminds me of the time I thought I took a shit but looked in the toilet and there wasn't anything there.

Diamond Wings
04-07-2010, 04:42 AM
No, that's just a 'ghost poopie'.

Back to the topic: As the others said, just an editing error, or he may have been hungover. Ha!

The Dark Knight
04-07-2010, 06:08 AM
He must have had some red Hawaiian Punch in there. Shit's the bomb.

Warlock44
06-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Perhaps that was his story responsibilities, because this version certainly didn't carry the importance of the original. Donald's character conveyed the mystic side of Michael to the audience. Without his narrative about Micheal's years institutionalized and his perspective about his darker side, we never would have seen the complete development of what Michael became...in cinematic aspects anyway.

EvilOnTwoLegs
06-02-2010, 10:14 PM
I read your post five times, and have no idea how it's related to the topic.

Warlock44
06-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Break down of response -

Subject: Dr. Loomis extreme thirst.

Reply - "Perhaps that was his story responsibilities..."

The remaining statement elaborates on the uselessness of his presence in this film compared to the Carpenter classic. In other words he had no story responsibilities so "being thirsty" might as well have been his importance to the overall film, since he served no point as it applies to the substance of the Zombie story... We knew everything about Michael without his explanation. He was there only because the character was in the original story.

Catching on yet? :bigeyes:

Let me know if pictures are required...

Diamond Wings
06-03-2010, 10:21 AM
That said, Warlock, was the following quote sarcasm then?:

Without his [Dr. Loomis'] narrative about Micheal's years institutionalized and his perspective about his darker side, we never would have seen the complete development of what Michael became

Warlock44
06-03-2010, 10:27 AM
That was a comparison with the original. Dr Loomis explained the mind set of Michael in Carpenter's classic. He also offered up the possibilities of what Michael could be. THAT was his story responsibilities. Without that information the viewer has no explanation for Michael. In Zombie's version, you see cause and effect on Michael as a kid. Dr. Loomis is not needed here because you see how Michael becomes what he is. His motivation is already obvious.