PDA

View Full Version : Does Pet Sematary count as a zombie movie/book?

Jigsawface
11-20-2009, 11:39 PM
I mean Gage, Mrs. Creed, Timmy Batterman and Pascow all came back from the grave as the walking dead.

oltrelamorte
11-24-2009, 05:29 AM
I'd say that it does since it does have the walking dead in it. Just not the traditional zombies that we know & love. :)

Bearscubsfan87
11-24-2009, 08:42 AM
I never really thought about it, but yeah it would qualify.

Rich
03-07-2010, 10:15 AM
I guess in a way it could. There are many different types of zombies.

There are the walking/mindless zombies of George A. Romero, the running/talking zombies of Return of the Living Dead, Jason Voorhees in Jason Lives-FVJ, and maybe Gage himself could be considered a zombie in a way.

It all depends on how you define zombie. He is certainly the walking dead.

I don't think a zombie can be defined as easily as just saying "walking dead" however, because Count Dracula, Freddy Krueger, the Frankenstein monster, and the Mummy are all "walking dead" but you would not call them zombies.

blacksymbiote
07-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Oh definitely, the dead in here get reanimated and go on to attack the living. Dracula is a vampire. I'd say the key difference between vampires and zombies is that vampires retain most of who they were in life as far as personality. Zombies don't seem to. Vampires also seem to grow more powerful with time and display a wide array of supernatural powers such as transformation, hypnotism and such. Zombies don't do much of that either.

the 'M' clam
08-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Of course it's a zombie film as animals & people come back from the dead. Got to be really thick not think it's a zombie movie.