PDA

View Full Version : Would this have been a good scene?

tmlfan4life
11-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Since Rob used the same line in the original of Laure's father telling her those people are going to look at the Myers house at 10:30, should Rob have added a scene where we see Michael killing those people that wanted to purchase it?

Danny Strode
11-14-2009, 11:18 AM
I think it's best that it was left out. It would've been an unnecessary couple of kills and would've only slowed the pace.

Just my thoughts.

A Dumb Question
11-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Hmm...let's see: they walk into the house, Michael jumps out of nowhere and knocks them to the ground, and then we cut back to the exterior of the house as dusk approaches. The audience is astounded by the shocking impact of the moment and go silent. Then, for no reason whatsoever, we cut back into the house as the characters crawl across the floor wimpering, and Michael spends another minute and a half walking around them in circles before finally killing them brutally for another minute.

No, thanks.

Bearscubsfan87
11-14-2009, 11:49 AM
I would rather have seen that instead of some of the other scenes we actually had.

tmlfan4life
11-14-2009, 11:52 AM
I would rather have seen that instead of some of the other scenes we actually had.Which scenes would you have got rid of?

Bearscubsfan87
11-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Most of the places I would have cut back on were in the director's cut, such as the alternate escape. I would have trimmed back the childhood sequence a little bit, and I also would have cut down a little bit at the ending, as it seemed to draw on a bit long.

Don't get me wrong, as I whole I did like this movie, but there are a few scenes that I felt could have been tweeked a little.

tmlfan4life
11-14-2009, 12:13 PM
I agree about the scenes with Michael as a kid, because I also thought that went on to long.

I also said this before but on the commentary Rob said he added extra scenes with Laurie to remind everyone how she was the main character as Michael's target. So it kind of makes Rob sound stupid if he wanted the foucs to be on Laurie.

FD3andHalloween
11-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Hmm...let's see: they walk into the house, Michael jumps out of nowhere and knocks them to the ground, and then we cut back to the exterior of the house as dusk approaches. The audience is astounded by the shocking impact of the moment and go silent. Then, for no reason whatsoever, we cut back into the house as the characters crawl across the floor wimpering, and Michael spends another minute and a half walking around them in circles before finally killing them brutally for another minute.

No, thanks.

Maybe a little less than a minute, but I'd love to see that!

MikeyMikeyMikey
11-30-2009, 03:27 PM
a very good scene in my opinion, i would of loved to see the scene where in the orginal tommy doyal looks out of the drapes in the orginal, on two occasions he see's the shape, once standing there looking at him and one carrying annies body into the house, you can just see the shadow offf him, would of been very good in RzH, unless JC said he couldnt do it, who knows

Blood&Guts
11-30-2009, 03:41 PM
I don't think Carpenter would say he that couldn't use it. The famous hedge scene was missing too, I think its just Rob not wanting to make it an exact shot for shot remake.

tmlfan4life
11-30-2009, 07:11 PM
I forgot that both those scenes were left out, however I agree Rob didn't want to make it exactly like it was back in 1978 and wanted to make it his own version.

Peaker1990
11-30-2009, 07:24 PM
I agree about the scenes with Michael as a kid, because I also thought that went on to long.

I also said this before but on the commentary Rob said he added extra scenes with Laurie to remind everyone how she was the main character as Michael's target. So it kind of makes Rob sound stupid if he wanted the foucs to be on Laurie.

LOL, the way I view it, the role of "main character" is divided among the three portions of the movie.

First 1/3: Toss-up between Michael and Deborah
Small middle portion: Michael.
Final half: Laurie.

So all in all, I'd just have to say that Laurie and Michael are the two main characters.

tmlfan4life
11-30-2009, 07:33 PM
LOL, the way I view it, the role of "main character" is divided among the three portions of the movie.

First 1/3: Toss-up between Michael and Deborah
Small middle portion: Michael.
Final half: Laurie.

So all in all, I'd just have to say that Laurie and Michael are the two main characters.I said this before but on the commentary Rob was basically saying Laurie was the main character, because he was trying to add on more scenes with her so no one would forget about her. Well I thought to myself make less scenes of Michael as a kid, because those went on to long.

Peaker1990
11-30-2009, 07:41 PM
I said this before but on the commentary Rob was basically saying Laurie was the main character, because he was trying to add on more scenes with her so no one would forget about her. Well I thought to myself make less scenes of Michael as a kid, because those went on to long.

Oh, I got what you are saying... And in many ways, she IS the main character, or at least the main protagonist. Technically, the CHARACTER of Laurie is basically in the movie throughout, but she is an infant for the first third of the movie. And although Scout doesn't enter the film until the 50-minute mark (just less than halfway), as soon as she does, she is more front-and-center than anyone else in the movie.

tmlfan4life
11-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Oh, I got what you are saying... And in many ways, she IS the main character, or at least the main protagonist. Technically, the CHARACTER of Laurie is basically in the movie throughout, but she is an infant for the first third of the movie. And although Scout doesn't enter the film until the 50-minute mark (just less than halfway), as soon as she does, she is more front-and-center than anyone else in the movie.Well one example Rob used is the scene when Lynda calls Laurie just after she has sex with Bob, bitching about the comments Annie made of her being slut. So take from that what you want, although maybe he wanted to change it from the original when she gets killed just as Laurie picks up the phone.

Peaker1990
11-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Well one example Rob used is the scene when Lynda calls Laurie just after she has sex with Bob, bitching about the comments Annie made of her being slut. So take from that what you want, although maybe he wanted to change it from the original when she gets killed just as Laurie picks up the phone.

Yeah, I actually really like that add-in for a couple reasons. It (albeit briefly) really establishes Laurie and Lynda's friendship. And Laurie doesn't get cut out of the story for very long, although RZ says she does (she falls out of the picture for roughly 6 or 7 minutes.

But she's really the main protagonist character. The only reason she isn't in it throughout is that Rob wanted to establish Michael as a psychopath, and not a force.

And honestly, other than the way some events pan out (such as the timeline with Lynda and Bob dying way before Annie is even stalked, and the triple-murder at the beginning, and the ending with the kidnapping and Laurie saving herSELF), nothing in the original movie actually contradicts the remake, in terms of Michael's motive or his true intentions. You simply don't know in the original. The remake provides one of many possible explanations.