PDA

View Full Version : 3Raz0r cut of Halloween - "Scary as Hell" Edition.

Ispitonmygrave
11-03-2009, 07:19 AM
Besides having a cheesy title, such as "Scary as Hell" Edition, I'm actually quite excited to see this.

Before closing this thread on the ground that it violates any copyright laws, please note that my research has confirmed that IF you own the DVD of an original movie, a fan edit is legal to watch -- WATCH--not sell, etc.

Anywho,
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet. When I discovered this version, I gladely jumped at the chance to legally obtain it(I own all released versions of the DVD). *Once again, this is only a discussion -- no promotion of illegal activity is to be found on this thread. The site owners have strictly provided their terms and we have all agreed to stay within those limits (which I hope this thread does).

Supposedly, this version of the film is perfectly edited to drastically alter the movie -- the guy who made it wanted to trim the fat.

1) Little Myers NEVER talks
2) Different ending
3) Added scenes
4) Pacing alterations, etc.

I'm going to try to watch this tonight and will revert back to everyone with my reviews.

This is exciting because I really believe that RZ missed his mark with a few things that could have been done differently. 3Raz0r apparently does great work and has many fanedits to his credit (I really don't know who he is, so I'm not trying to plug him.). I checked out the first couple minutes and the quality is superb and the movie, totally different.

I would like to see someone do the same thing with RZH2 --- no Horse - No little mikey - No dream sequences and a slightly different ending (edited), could improve the film.

Does anyone know anything about the subject film?
(Please - no major spoilers, I'm looking fwd to watching this -- I hate RZH, but deep down want to love it...I'm hoping this cut will do that).

*If I violated any terms with this thread, admins - PLEASE remove and accept my apologies.

Franchise
11-03-2009, 11:31 AM
How can you remove little Michael, the white horse, and the dream sequences from RZH2?

Black Sunshine
11-03-2009, 11:38 AM
can he Edit the "shitmask" back in??

MischievousSpirit
11-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Those changes all sound lame. I like RZH and RZHII just fine the way the director intended.

Black Sunshine
11-03-2009, 11:49 AM
they should make a "Purge My Snorkel" edition of the movie!

Stebob1984
11-03-2009, 12:03 PM
I like the sound of this, wonder what the different ending is though cause if its that crappy shoot him up ending then I'm not happy. I actually like the ending in the house and him getting shot in the head. I'm liking the fact that Little Mikey doesnt speak.

I'll look forward to reading your review

Ispitonmygrave
11-03-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm watching this right now and it's actually far superior.
Little Mikey does not speak at all and the editing of this version of SUPERB.

So far the pacing is better and the fact that Daeg never speakers really helps this movie feel more like a Halloween film.

I'll post more details after the movie is over.

The only comment I can make at the moment is that I really like it.
I would have actually preferred this version of the original/directors.

(Whoever these editors are, they are beyond talented. It's extremely different, but feels as if this is the way it was supposed to be - no editing glitches or sounds issues; seamless.

And to answer your question franchise, with advanced editing, i can definitely see a RZH2 version without the horse, little mikey and the mom (this, of course, is based on the what I'm witnessing right now. Try to imagine RZH without Daeg ever talking -- you would think it would be a sloppy mess of an edit, but its beyond pro.)

If this keeps going the way it is, I love it. Hopefully I'm not forming an opinion too early.

Danny Strode
11-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Fuck. I think I remember hearing about this, but never really giving it a second thought. Mainly because I didn't care, and I could just see the legal side of things and I wasn't interested in that.

I'm with Joe though (again), and hope to watch with the intended vision. Not a fucking fan edit.

Scarface
11-03-2009, 11:12 PM
I once saw a fan edit of True Romance that was actually better than anything that was officially released. I'm not big on wasting my time watching a fan edit, but every once in a while there is one that is actually really good.

However, I'm not sure I'll waste my time watching this one. I'm just not a fan of the film in general, and no edit will make it better for me.

Stebob1984
11-04-2009, 02:20 AM
I'm watching this right now and it's actually far superior.
Little Mikey does not speak at all and the editing of this version of SUPERB.

So far the pacing is better and the fact that Daeg never speakers really helps this movie feel more like a Halloween film.

I'll post more details after the movie is over.

The only comment I can make at the moment is that I really like it.
I would have actually preferred this version of the original/directors.

(Whoever these editors are, they are beyond talented. It's extremely different, but feels as if this is the way it was supposed to be - no editing glitches or sounds issues; seamless.

And to answer your question franchise, with advanced editing, i can definitely see a RZH2 version without the horse, little mikey and the mom (this, of course, is based on the what I'm witnessing right now. Try to imagine RZH without Daeg ever talking -- you would think it would be a sloppy mess of an edit, but its beyond pro.)

If this keeps going the way it is, I love it. Hopefully I'm not forming an opinion too early.

Sounds good. did he edit any of the music in it?

Also can whats the run time?

Can you also explain what happens with the ending?

Ispitonmygrave
11-04-2009, 06:41 AM
Ok - Overall, this is a much better cut.
I don't understand why some are automatically shutting down the possibility of this being good just because its a fan edit.

There are MANY talented people outside of Hollywood who are just as capable, if not better at what these people do.

This was NO amateur cut. It's drastically different.
More-so when you compare it to the Workprint/Directors cut/ and Theatrical

--

I HATED RZH(all versions), but LOVED this version. [This actually felt like a Halloween. ]

Here are some details

Cuts removed/added/extended :

- deleted or altered all scenes in which Michael was speaking
- deleted sexual references made by Judith and Laurie
- deleted most of Ismael Cruz (Danny Trejo) talking to Michael
- deleted all but one of Deborah Myer’s visits at Smith’s Grove
- deleted almost every live session of Loomis and Michael
- deleted over the top parts of the raping scene (aka Noel Kluggs’ tongue twister)
- deleted Morgan Walker’s stupid question about Michael’s whereabouts
- deleted Loomis appearing at the cemetery
- deleted Michael pressing Loomis’ eyes inside (he has no blood and is alive later on)
- added Michael leaving the hospital
- added Michael on the graveyard
- added alternate Loomis’ arriving at the cemetery
- re-arranged sequence of events for better flow (Deb's suicide, etc)
- added scene of cemetary worker getting killed by Mikey
- added scenes to Michaels escape from smiths grove
- added stalking
-Prequel and Smith's grove scenes cut and edited to improve pacing into the remake portion

----

As for the ending, I like where he cut the film, but it would have been better if he added the montage of movie clips from when Mikey was a kid (this would help bring everything full circle). It ends with Laurie asking Loomis: Is that the Boogeyman? --- Cut : Cue Theme. . It makes sense and sounds good, but right after that, we immediately get tossed into a screen where some text descibes the changes made in the movie and why. Like I said, whoever made it missed a great chance to close things up with the Myer's, Family Films over the theme (like RZ's version).

----

Stebob1984
11-04-2009, 06:44 AM
Ok - Overall, this is a much better cut.
I don't understand why some are automatically shutting down the possibility of this being good just because its a fan edit.

There are MANY talented people outside of Hollywood who are just as capable, if not better at what these people do.

This was NO amateur cut. It's drastically different.
More-so when you compare it to the Workprint/Directors cut/ and Theatrical

--

I HATED RZH(all versions), but LOVED this version. [This actually felt like a Halloween. ]

Here are the details(possible spoilers):

Cuts removed/added/extended :

- deleted or altered all scenes in which Michael was speaking
- deleted sexual references made by Judith and Laurie
- deleted most of Ismael Cruz (Danny Trejo) talking to Michael
- deleted all but one of Deborah Myer’s visits at Smith’s Grove
- deleted almost every live session of Loomis and Michael
- deleted over the top parts of the raping scene (aka Noel Kluggs’ tongue twister)
- deleted Morgan Walker’s stupid question about Michael’s whereabouts
- deleted Loomis appearing at the cemetery
- deleted Michael pressing Loomis’ eyes inside (he has no blood and is alive later on)
- added Michael leaving the hospital
- added Michael on the graveyard
- added alternate Loomis’ arriving at the cemetery
- added my own credits

----

As for the ending, I like where he cut the film, but it would have been better if he added the montage of movie clips from when Mikey was a kid (this would help bring everything full circle). It ends with Laurie asking Loomis: Is that the Boogeyman? --- Cut : Cue Theme. . It makes sense and sounds good, but right after that, we immediately get tossed into a screen where some text descibes the changes made in the movie and why. Like I said, whoever made it missed a great chance to close things up with the Myer's, Family Films over the theme (like RZ's version).

----

so no house scene where shes in the roof and hes using that plank of wood. When she was hiding it was the most tense part of the film? cause that was my favourite part of the movie

Ispitonmygrave
11-04-2009, 06:50 AM
Stebob - nope. That scene is entirely gone :(

I went back and added/edited a few details on my last reply.
The majority I copied and pasted from the editer's description on his webpage, but noticed he didn't list everything he changed in the film -so I tried to add onto that.

I'd like to see what this guy can do to RZH2.

--

As for the whole "Vision" argument. Even though this was Rob's "vision", most forms of art require 3rd parties to come in and do a little tweak. Same works for audio engineering and editing. If you work on something for too long, you lose track of where its going and need a fresh pair of "ears" to adjust it from their perspective. If Rob edited his cut, it's hard for him to do it for a group of first time viewers, being that he's been part of the entire filming process from day one.
This is normally when someone who has never seen anything of the film jumps in to correct the "errors" that would normally go unoticed [since it becomes hard for the original editordirector to do --after all, he's seen or heard a specific version non-stop, while working on it for months. At that point, you get used to things and don't see them as flaws. (If anyone is an audio engineer, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about--ear fatigue).

The way I look at it --- no matter who has the "vision", we can all agree that 90% of the time, the final product does not come out as intended. I wonder how Rob would review this cut.

Stebob1984
11-04-2009, 06:57 AM
Stebob - nope. That scene is entirely gone :(

I went back and added/edited a few details on my last reply.
The majority I copied and pasted from the editer's description on his webpage, but noticed he didn't list everything he changed in the film -so I tried to add onto that.

I'd like to see what this guy can do to RZH2.

--

As for the whole "Vision" argument. Even though this was Rob's "vision", most forms of art require 3rd parties to come in and do a little tweak. Same works for audio engineering and editing. If you work on something for too long, you lose track of where its going and need a fresh pair of "ears" to adjust it from their perspective. If Rob edited his cut, it's hard for him to do it for a group of first time viewers, being that he's been part of the entire filming process from day one.
This is normally when someone who has never seen anything of the film jumps in to correct the "errors" that would normally go unoticed [since it becomes hard for the original editordirector to do --after all, he's seen or heard a specific version non-stop, while working on it for months. At that point, you get used to things and don't see them as flaws. (If anyone is an audio engineer, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about--ear fatigue).

The way I look at it --- no matter who has the "vision", we can all agree that 90% of the time, the final product does not come out as intended. I wonder how Rob would review this cut.

Thats a shame I suppose to get the cut of Halloween that you really want you'll have to do it yourself. Think I'll give this a miss but hopefully he can make the awful H2 worth watching.

Ispitonmygrave
11-04-2009, 07:37 AM
^ I hated H2 during my first viewing. After a second shot in the theatre, I must say that it's not as bad.

Like I've mentioned a gazzilion times. [IMHO] If someone removes little mikey, his wife and the horse ----the movie would kick-@ss.

After seeing what 3raz0r did with RZH - I can definitely see a superior cut to RZh2 being a possibility.

The subject edit of this film has made me love RZH. It's interesting how little things cater to various people.

(Example: stebob liking the House scene at the end/me - not so much -- Example2- Debates over Thatrical and Direcotrs cut)

Stebob1984
11-04-2009, 08:35 AM
^ I hated H2 during my first viewing. After a second shot in the theatre, I must say that it's not as bad.

Like I've mentioned a gazzilion times. [IMHO] If someone removes little mikey, his wife and the horse ----the movie would kick-@ss.

After seeing what 3raz0r did with RZH - I can definitely see a superior cut to RZh2 being a possibility.

The subject edit of this film has made me love RZH. It's interesting how little things cater to various people.

(Example: stebob liking the House scene at the end/me - not so much -- Example2- Debates over Thatrical and Direcotrs cut)

I hope he can remove young mikey, mikeys mum etc but thats gonna be a much harder task imo. I'd also like it if he added some classic Halloween score i.e. when hes chasing Laurie down the stairs at the hospital.

darkstanley
11-08-2009, 08:56 PM
I hope he can remove young mikey, mikeys mum etc but thats gonna be a much harder task imo. I'd also like it if he added some classic Halloween score i.e. when hes chasing Laurie down the stairs at the hospital.

saw it today but was unable to convert it to dvd. big improvement over what we paid for. i only wish he could have used scenes directly from the workprint and not the deleted scenes section of the dvd. mainly referring to the killing of lauries parents in the workprint. preferred myers long walk up the sidewalk, preferred not seeing dee wallace death on screen. but still, big improvement.

Ispitonmygrave
11-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Why did Dark Stanley get Banned???

MichaelJrdnMyrs
11-09-2009, 05:11 PM

Not because of anything he posted here. In one of the politico debate threads he got a little out of control defending himself as an equal rights advocate... after saying he wishes he could run over trannies in his car.

As far as this fan cut goes, somehow I'm both very interested and not. On one hand, it sounds like it's just trying to kill everything that was inventive about the remake, i.e. turn it into some angry elderly fanboy's wet dream. On the other, some of the edits do sound intriguing. While I didn't have a problem with MM speaking, I could see how a version with him not talking during the first part might make the tone a little more ominous.

SLAB
11-09-2009, 05:38 PM

FYI we don't discuss bannings, so please don't ask. Just lettin' you know. :)

Reobeem
11-09-2009, 06:06 PM
I don't remember hearing about this cut but I do remember a pic of Michael at the cemetary, it was a behind the scenes photo since Tyler had his hair short and the mask off. I wish I could find the pic I was talking about.

Torgo
11-09-2009, 06:33 PM
I'll stick with the real movie, thanx

Evil-Never-Dies
12-01-2009, 06:52 PM
where would i be able to watch this version of the film at?

CritterKoas
12-07-2009, 12:04 AM
Besides having a cheesy title, such as "Scary as Hell" Edition, I'm actually quite excited to see this.

Before closing this thread on the ground that it violates any copyright laws, please note that my research has confirmed that IF you own the DVD of an original movie, a fan edit is legal to watch -- WATCH--not sell, etc.

Anywho,
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet. When I discovered this version, I gladely jumped at the chance to legally obtain it(I own all released versions of the DVD). *Once again, this is only a discussion -- no promotion of illegal activity is to be found on this thread. The site owners have strictly provided their terms and we have all agreed to stay within those limits (which I hope this thread does).

Supposedly, this version of the film is perfectly edited to drastically alter the movie -- the guy who made it wanted to trim the fat.

1) Little Myers NEVER talks
2) Different ending
3) Added scenes
4) Pacing alterations, etc.

I'm going to try to watch this tonight and will revert back to everyone with my reviews.

This is exciting because I really believe that RZ missed his mark with a few things that could have been done differently. 3Raz0r apparently does great work and has many fanedits to his credit (I really don't know who he is, so I'm not trying to plug him.). I checked out the first couple minutes and the quality is superb and the movie, totally different.

I would like to see someone do the same thing with RZH2 --- no Horse - No little mikey - No dream sequences and a slightly different ending (edited), could improve the film.

Does anyone know anything about the subject film?
(Please - no major spoilers, I'm looking fwd to watching this -- I hate RZH, but deep down want to love it...I'm hoping this cut will do that).

*If I violated any terms with this thread, admins - PLEASE remove and accept my apologies.

ah i dont understand, I made a edit of the films and Trancis removed my thread and told me never to discuss the subject of fanedits or i would suffer consequences...so is this even safe to discuss?

where would i be able to watch this version of the film at?

p.s. i dont believe we can talk about where to get it if im not mistaken. try a search engine.

Danny Strode
12-07-2009, 07:41 PM
p.s. i dont believe we can talk about where to get it if im not mistaken. try a search engine.

Can't talk about it, yet you give him where to. ;)

Rich
12-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Rob's first film was pretty good. The first half was powerful. The remake half could have been better. We have yet to see his Halloween II the way HE intended it, because the director's cut does not come out until January. The steaming pile of dog shit that was released in the theaters was NOT [hopefully] now Rob intended the film to be seen. I'll wait until I see the director's cut on Blu-Ray before making my final decision on the film, because the director's cut if the way the director intended it to be seen. The theatrical release is corporate pencil pushers thinking they are film makers; editing and censoring the film.

Nightmareman88
12-16-2009, 09:53 AM
I've seen the "Scary as Hell" edition and it's the best version of Zombie's film.

DiscipleofThorn
02-03-2010, 09:55 PM
I just saw the fan edited version and I must say, this made this movie watchable and enjoyable. The only thing I would've done differently is take out the rape scene and put in the police escape scene. But I can see why he left it in, for the other deleted scenes to be added and make sense. I highly recommend that all Halloween fans check this out.

Darth Revan
02-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Looks untresting. I'll give it a watch when I get the time. Love the artwork on the dvd case too!

The Devil's Reject
02-04-2010, 09:01 AM
I wouldn't waste my time with a fanedit of any movie.

MM2DYLAN
02-04-2010, 11:46 AM
I've watched some good fanedits before. I wasn't too impressed with this.

DiscipleofThorn
02-04-2010, 02:47 PM
I've watched some good fanedits before, including this. I wasn't too impressed with it.

Well, you can only make utter crap look so good.

MM2DYLAN
02-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Well, that's the thing, I thought the real film was fine as it is. I found the edits to the film in here pointless, really.

DiscipleofThorn
02-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Well, that's the thing, I thought the real film was fine as it is. I found the edits to the film in here pointless, really.

Its really to make hardcore fans of the first one (like me) appreciate it. While I found the prequel part of Rob Zombie's film good, the remade version was squeezed into a microscopic time slot in the film.

EvilOnTwoLegs
02-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Its really to make hardcore fans of the first one (like me) appreciate it.

Too bad no one will ever be able to do the same for H6. :bastard:

Roswell
02-04-2010, 03:28 PM

Agreed.

Saw this a few months back and didn't really care for it. That's not to say that the film was perfect or anything, but I just didn't care for how it was edited.

MM2DYLAN
02-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Well... does shortening the film's prequel half really make the modern-day section any longer?

DiscipleofThorn
02-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Too bad no one will ever be able to do the same for H6. :bastard:

I find the P-Cut alot better than the T-Cut. In fact, its one of my favorites.

DiscipleofThorn
02-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Well... does shortening the film's prequel half really make the modern-day section any longer?

No it doesnt. But I cant stand how Rob Zombie took Laurie Strode from being innocent to being a horny, lesbianish teenager. Not to mention Scout's acting was terrible.

Peaker1990
02-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Scout's acting was terrible.

Obviously you didn't see the HACKting of Marianne Hagan or Paul Rudd in H6, let alone the abhorrent Wendy Kaplan in H5, or ANYONE in H:R. :bastard:

And if you have something against lesbians... well, there's a good chance I needn't talk to you.

Roswell
02-04-2010, 06:15 PM
No it doesnt. But I cant stand how Rob Zombie took Laurie Strode from being innocent to being a horny, lesbianish teenager. Not to mention Scout's acting was terrible.

"Lesbianish"? Seriously? Yeah, Laurie was just aching for some pussy in the remake. :rolleyes:

MM2DYLAN
02-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Laurie was "Lesbianish"? News to me.

DiscipleofThorn
02-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Laurie was "Lesbianish"? News to me.

First of all, I have nothing against lesbians. Secondly, the fact that Laurie and Annie were all up on each other moaning is the scene that I was referring to as lesbianish, which totally has nothing to do with the movie, nor Laurie Strode.

DiscipleofThorn
02-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Obviously you didn't see the HACKting of Marianne Hagan or Paul Rudd in H6, let alone the abhorrent Wendy Kaplan in H5, or ANYONE in H:R. :bastard:

And if you have something against lesbians... well, there's a good chance I needn't talk to you.

I never implied that they were good actors in the movie. There are other reasons why its my favorite.

Peaker1990
02-04-2010, 06:45 PM
First of all, I have nothing against lesbians. Secondly, the fact that Laurie and Annie were all up on each other moaning is the scene that I was referring to as lesbianish, which totally has nothing to do with the movie, nor Laurie Strode.

Many NORMAL teenage girls do such things, and it doesn't make them "lesbians," they're merely goofing off, something very commonly found in even SMALL-TOWN high-schools. And that was really Annie's doing, not Laurie's.

I never implied that they were good actors in the movie. There are other reasons why its my favorite.

First of all, a movie that claims Michael raped his niece and had a baby... just STUPID. A movie in which a bunch of ROCKS can control Michael, and he's NOT smoking them? Well, a viewer that enjoyed it... MUST be.

MM2DYLAN
02-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Yeah, I've seen a lot of teen girls act like that. I never thought they seemed "lesbianish".

But, to get back on topic, one of my gripes about this is that all Michael's speech was cut out. And I actually liked that young Michael had a voice.

DiscipleofThorn
02-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Many NORMAL teenage girls do such things, and it doesn't make them "lesbians," they're merely goofing off, something very commonly found in even SMALL-TOWN high-schools. And that was really Annie's doing, not Laurie's.

I come from a small town high school, in a town where the post office is the only thing we have. And the girls do not act like that.

First of all, a movie that claims Michael raped his niece and had a baby... just STUPID. A movie in which a bunch of ROCKS can control Michael, and he's NOT smoking them? Well, a viewer that enjoyed it... MUST be.

Doesn't claim anything. She might have been inseminated other ways. And the fact that Michael got out by two orderlies raping a woman, THATS STUPID. Just a lame excuse for Zombie to put in a demented scene and add more sex.

DiscipleofThorn
02-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I've seen a lot of teen girls act like that. I never thought they seemed "lesbianish".

But, to get back on topic, one of my gripes about this is that all Michael's speech was cut out. And I actually liked that young Michael had a voice.

My wife said the same thing. I didn't prefer it one way over the other, because like I said before, I thought the prequel part of the film was really good.

Peaker1990
02-04-2010, 07:03 PM
I come from a small town high school, in a town where the post office is the only thing we have. And the girls do not act like that.

Are they Amish?

(That is a joke you wouldn't get unless you listened to the RZH commentary track)

Doesn't claim anything. She might have been inseminated other ways. And the fact that Michael got out by two orderlies raping a woman, THATS STUPID. Just a lame excuse for Zombie to put in a demented scene and add more sex.

Sadly, it is much more true-to-life (not to mention, more realistic) than his theatrical escape, busting through chains while monitored by 4 guards.

And that still doesn't answer how one can enjoy seeing Michael being controlled by ROCKS.

DiscipleofThorn
02-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Are they Amish?

(That is a joke you wouldn't get unless you listened to the RZH commentary track)

Sadly, it is much more true-to-life (not to mention, more realistic) than his theatrical escape, busting through chains while monitored by 4 guards.

And that still doesn't answer how one can enjoy seeing Michael being controlled by ROCKS.

I dont enjoy the movie for the movie. It was the first Halloween that I saw. That's why it's my favorite. As far as best all around movie goes, I prefer the original or 4.

Peaker1990
02-04-2010, 07:12 PM
I dont enjoy the movie for the movie. It was the first Halloween that I saw. That's why it's my favorite. As far as best all around movie goes, I prefer the original or 4.

Okay, I agree that the original and H4 are the two best, the former infinitely better, though. However, the first one I saw was Halloween II '81, and I LOATHE it.

Roswell
02-04-2010, 07:16 PM

Well, we can certainly conclude that Haddonfield (at least in Zombie's films) is not that small of a town, so I don't think saying "I lived in a REALLY small town and girls didn't act like that." cuts it.

And honestly, I didn't think Laurie was that far removed from her previous incarnation. Updated a bit? Sure, but that's just getting with the times. I say give me updated Laurie before you give me someone copying Curtis' performance.

DiscipleofThorn
02-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Okay, I agree that the original and H4 are the two best, the former infinitely better, though. However, the first one I saw was Halloween II '81, and I LOATHE it.

And that is why we are all different.

Back on topic, I just feel like 3Raz0r edited the movie to look as much like the original that he could, which I didn't mind at all, since its the best.

Roswell
02-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Back on topic, I just feel like 3Raz0r edited the movie to look as much like the original that he could, which I didn't mind at all, since its the best.

And that's exactly why I didn't like it. There were enough "Original" moments in the remake already (which is probably my main complaint with the remake, actually), and adding more of them bothered me.

Masked Madman
02-04-2010, 07:23 PM

Y-Your kidding right? It was two girls messing around, your looking way too much into it.

DiscipleofThorn
02-04-2010, 07:25 PM
And that's exactly why I didn't like it. There were enough "Original" moments in the remake already (which is probably my main complaint with the remake, actually), and adding more of them bothered me.

Isn't the purpose of the remake to be remade? If it wasnt a remake, it wouldve been an entirely different movie and not classified as a "remake".

Roswell
02-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Isn't the purpose of the remake to be remade? If it wasnt a remake, it wouldve been an entirely different movie and not classified as a "remake".

Yes, but the goal of a remake should be to balance the filmmakers own ideas with the previously created ideas (and when the remake did this, those moments were some of my favorite ones). It shouldn't be "paint by numbers", which is what the extra "Original" moments put into that cut feel like.

MischievousSpirit
02-04-2010, 09:24 PM
If RZH were a shot by shot remake of the original Halloween ala Psycho 1998 people would hate that too. You can't fucking win.

Masked Madman
02-04-2010, 09:29 PM
If RZH were a shot by shot remake of the original Halloween ala Psycho 1998 people would hate that too. You can't fucking win.

Exactly.

DiscipleofThorn
02-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Exactly.

He couldve just done a prequel, since that part was great. There, we all win. Rob Zombie is a genius, and we all like it. But he found some way to mess it up, like I knew he would.

And actually, I didnt care that he put in added stuff or elements of his own (like the truckstop scene). And I liked the fact that he made Michael menacing again. But making Laurie and her friends annoying, and Laurie acting like a horny drunken teenage girl just isnt how Halloween is intended to be. I was rooting for Mikey to kill them all throughout the entire film. But that couldnt possibly happen, since we all know Michael doesnt want her to die in Zombies version.

ILoveChiaPetsXD
02-04-2010, 10:18 PM

1. ...Have you ever even SEEN a female in your entire life? Honestly...

2. Stop double posting. There's a damn edit button for a reason.

This is why we shouldn't talk to Thornies :p

Masked Madman
02-04-2010, 10:25 PM
He couldve just done a prequel, since that part was great. There, we all win. Rob Zombie is a genius, and we all like it. But he found some way to mess it up, like I knew he would.

And actually, I didnt care that he put in added stuff or elements of his own (like the truckstop scene). And I liked the fact that he made Michael menacing again. But making Laurie and her friends annoying, and Laurie acting like a horny drunken teenage girl just isnt how Halloween is intended to be. I was rooting for Mikey to kill them all throughout the entire film. But that couldnt possibly happen, since we all know Michael doesnt want her to die in Zombies version.

Good thing he had full control over the movie, oh wait no thats right the Weinstiens did.

And whose to say what Halloween is intended to be? In the original Laurie smoked pot, so thats ok but her drinking isn't?

Roswell
02-04-2010, 10:29 PM

Laurie was neither "horny" nor "drunk" in the remake. That was kind of the point, too. She's supposed to be the good girl in the remake. She even says in H2 (while drunk, no less) that she spent her whole life BEING the good girl, and it didn't do her any good.

So yeah, "horny" and "drunk" are not the words I would use to describe Laurie, at least not in the remake.

Oh, and how exactly were Laurie's friends in the original NOT annoying? I mean, I like the characters, but let's face it, they're just there to be killed off too. People act like Annie and Lynda were more important than they really were, especially when it comes to comparing and contrasting the remake with the original.

Deviancy
02-04-2010, 10:53 PM

The final girl in modern horror stories is usually still a virgin in the technical sense but their behaviorisms tend to still be wicked.

It's different era..

Little House on the Prarie ain't around no more.

We're in the age of Snookie and teenagers using Myspace and Facebook to find fuckbuddies.

So all Zombie did was take Laurie and put her in this day and age rather than the 70s.

It would have been absurd had he made her as pure as Carpenter did.

She'd have come off like some rabid mormon.

And besides, Jamie's Laurie was probably horny. You know she wanted a ride Ben Tramer, she was just too shy to do anything about it.

EvilOnTwoLegs
02-04-2010, 10:55 PM
I find the P-Cut alot better than the T-Cut. In fact, its one of my favorites.

I find the P-Cut to be much better than the T-Cut, also. It's still a convoluted mess with a bunch of silly made-up "Celtic" gobbledegook that totally betrays the simplicity of the original film. The only things it really has going for it is atmosphere and a good mask.

No it doesnt. But I cant stand how Rob Zombie took Laurie Strode from being innocent to being a horny, lesbianish teenager.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Jesus, why is it EVERY member with "Thorn" in their name? haha

Mental note: Some people don't understand the difference between a joke and lesbianism.

Doesn't claim anything. She might have been inseminated other ways.

The P-Cut, your preferred version of the movie, pretty much SHOWS Michael raping Jamie. So, no...not really.

...Laurie acting like a horny drunken teenage girl...

Help me out here, people. Is there some "Girls Gone Wild Cut" of RZH that I haven't seen? Or is this guy just blatantly making shit up at this point?

Masked Madman
02-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Help me out here, people. Is there some "Girls Gone Wild Cut" of RZH that I haven't seen? Or is this guy just blatantly making shit up at this point?
Yeah its called the "Horny as Hell" edition.

Deviancy
02-05-2010, 01:34 AM

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Did I mention I lust Angela Trimbur?

Uh oh.. they're touching... uh oh..the lesbianism is gonna get em.. oh noooes..

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c386/dvncy/PremiereDimensionFilmsHalloweenIIAr.jpg

Run.. its lesianism.. run.. run....

Hrmm.. can't run.. got a funny feeling in my pants.

And six did betray the simplicity of six but I found that to be refreshing after four movies of Michael being the star. I liked the idea that someone was pulling the strings for some reason, not sure why. Maybe because the idea of him just being evil for no damn reason was starting to get annoying.

MM2DYLAN
02-05-2010, 04:57 AM

I wouldn't put it past Rob.

Masked Madman
02-05-2010, 10:26 AM
I'd buy that for a dollar.

Did I mention I lust Angela Trimbur?

Uh oh.. they're touching... uh oh..the lesbianism is gonna get em.. oh noooes..

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c386/dvncy/PremiereDimensionFilmsHalloweenIIAr.jpg

Run.. its lesianism.. run.. run....

Hrmm.. can't run.. got a funny feeling in my pants.

And six did betray the simplicity of six but I found that to be refreshing after four movies of Michael being the star. I liked the idea that someone was pulling the strings for some reason, not sure why. Maybe because the idea of him just being evil for no damn reason was starting to get annoying.
Yes Angela Trimbur is very sexy, but Scout is still my temptress. She's just too damn cute :yeah:

I wouldn't put it past Rob.
Me neither

Peaker1990
02-05-2010, 10:28 AM

His "prequel" (which only extended the "childhood" part by roughly 30 minutes, and NOT a whole movie- Michael is only a kid for roughly between 1/4 and 1/3 of the movie) could never have attached to the original- as the "sister murder" was already shown, and established, as only Judith being killed. So, the addition of Ronnie and Steve (not to mention Wesley) would've been removed, and the "prequel" movie would have been 20 minutes long, tops.

MacG
02-05-2010, 02:55 PM
The last 2 pages of this thread are about lesbianism. Should we start a new thread? haha

But on topic, I haven't seen the fan edit yet, but sounds pretty interesting. I'm all for a new take on RZH. I enjoyed the theatrical and directors cut, but more Halloween is always good in my book.

The Devil's Reject
02-05-2010, 04:28 PM

My wife said the same thing. I didn't prefer it one way over the other, because like I said before, I thought the prequel part of the film was really good.

And that is why we are all different.

Ouch My head hurts... Do you like HR too? :bastard:

Nightmareman88
02-06-2010, 02:35 AM
I've watched some good fanedits before, including this.

Yeah. The great thing about fanedits is that they can turn shit into gold.

This could have made RZ's H2 not so bad actually...

***videos removed***

EvilOnTwoLegs
02-06-2010, 02:51 AM
We don't link to fan edits here...it's against board rules. You should already know this.

And those videos were definitely more shit than gold. If that's "not so bad," then I'm proud to say that I like the "bad" version of the movie. :p

Lord Thurisaz
02-06-2010, 02:54 AM
EOTL -- mercy granted because of the quality of those videos? haha

1. ...Have you ever even SEEN a female in your entire life? Honestly...

2. Stop double posting. There's a damn edit button for a reason.

This is why we shouldn't talk to Thornies :p

Pft. I enjoyed the scene, have seen plenty of naked tail, and I know how to edit, delete and even merge posts if need be. :bastard:

EvilOnTwoLegs
02-06-2010, 02:57 AM
EOTL -- mercy granted because of the quality of those videos? haha

Mercy ain't got nothin' to do with those videos. :bastard:

Nightmareman88
02-06-2010, 03:18 AM
We don't link to fan edits here...it's against board rules. You should already know this.

It slipped my mind.

And those videos were definitely more shit than gold. If that's "not so bad," then I'm proud to say that I like the "bad" version of the movie. :p

What's so bad about making Lauire the killer?

Deviancy
02-06-2010, 03:23 AM
Whats with all the fan edit talk?

I thought we were talking about lesbians.

The internet has made quite a few average people think they're better than they really are. If it isn't some dork with an 800 dollar dslr thinking that taking a pic with everything set to auto and posting them on his blog makes him a pro photographer, it's some teenager who writes reviews on his livejournal who thinks he's a pro journalist, or a girl who thinks if she posts nudes on her twitter she's a model. Now there are dorks chopping up films and probably thinking they deserve to be working for a hollywood studio.

And people wonder why I miss the days of usenet, irc and 2400 baud modems. SUre, there were crazies back then but they were limited to text and the occasional jpeg.

But I guess to be fair, if someone as untalented as Taylor Swift can win four grammy's in this day and age, a lot of these youtube dorks and fanedit boys may actually have a chance.

Did anyone else hear her try to do a duet with Stevie Nicks the other night?

Wowzers.. I haven't heard that bad of a vocal performance since the first time I heard Wesley Willis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPftjJlqDdQ

SuperDave
02-06-2010, 09:27 AM
No it doesnt. But I cant stand how Rob Zombie took Laurie Strode from being innocent to being a horny, lesbianish teenager.

Say WHAT??!

Yeah, especially that part where they started making out and groping each other--oh wait, that didn't happen.

Y-Your kidding right? It was two girls messing around, your looking way too much into it.

Exactly. It was just two kids goofing off.

I still haven't seen the RZH1 DC, but based on the description, I think I prefer the T-Cut escape. Seems like it would make Mikey scarier and more badass.

You're missing the point. A slavish remake is pointless. There's no point in a remake unless you're bringing something new and original to the table, putting your own spin on the original in order to make it distinct and different.

Oh, and how exactly were Laurie's friends in the original NOT annoying? I mean, I like the characters, but let's face it, they're just there to be killed off too. People act like Annie and Lynda were more important than they really were, especially when it comes to comparing and contrasting the remake with the original.

Yeah, totally. ;)

EvilOnTwoLegs
02-06-2010, 12:16 PM
What's so bad about making Lauire the killer?

The fact that it's edited together in laughably amateur fashion by someone who has absolutely no sense of structure? :p

Seriously, people here have no problem calling Zombie untalented, but he's Pablo fuckin' Picasso compared to the people who do most of these fan edits. The trouble with fans is, as long as fan edits get rid of the things they didn't like about the movie, and add in things they do like, they don't care if it looks like a nine-year-old cut and pasted it together...they'll still say, "OMG! This is how the movie should have been! It would have actually made Zombie's AWFUL movie WATCHABLE!" haha And boy oh boy, is that pathetic.

Nightmareman88
02-07-2010, 11:14 AM
The fact that it's edited together in laughably amateur fashion by someone who has absolutely no sense of structure? :p

Seriously, people here have no problem calling Zombie untalented, but he's Pablo fuckin' Picasso compared to the people who do most of these fan edits. The trouble with fans is, as long as fan edits get rid of the things they didn't like about the movie, and add in things they do like, they don't care if it looks like a nine-year-old cut and pasted it together...they'll still say, "OMG! This is how the movie should have been! It would have actually made Zombie's AWFUL movie WATCHABLE!" haha And boy oh boy, is that pathetic.

Well I'm not saying that's how H2 should have been edited, but how the ending should have played out.

MacG
02-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Are we talking about the 3Raz0r RZH cut, or some cut of RZH2? I'm confused :bigeyes:

Deviancy
02-07-2010, 09:16 PM
We're talking about lesbians.

LESBIANS...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c386/dvncy/megan_fox_jennifers_body-comp_720hd.jpg

Only good scene from Jennifer's Body.

EvilOnTwoLegs
02-07-2010, 10:10 PM
That's a bit much. We have some pretty young members here, and that definitely pushes the line of acceptability.

Deviancy
02-07-2010, 10:37 PM
My bad.. assumed since the films had nudity it wouldn't be a big thing.

I swapped it out with a PG-13 image instead.

Myers78-?
03-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Wow, this version sounds kinda bad. I mean the whole little Mikey talking was put into there so there would be a sort of face behind the mask when he's an adult. Then if the talking and most smith grove scenes were taken out it kinda sounds like shit because it eliminates the whole prequel and new movie concept, rather than a version very close to a remake. But i do think the movie ending that way kinda sounds cool and flows because the ending kinda drags on, i mean it's a creative and great ending, it just kinda drags. but i still prefer the legal, intended versions of the film.

WhiteMask
04-12-2010, 12:08 PM
And where is this "scary as hell" edition?? Youtube?

Ispitonmygrave
04-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Wow - I NEVER thought this thread would make a comeback. It barely had any action when I first started it.

Glad to see the dialogue open up.

Black Sunshine
04-12-2010, 12:22 PM

We dont ask how to obtain bootlegs! kindly edit your post!

Ispitonmygrave
04-12-2010, 12:22 PM

I'm not @ liberty to say as it is an unofficial version of the movie (possibly violating certain TOAs).
I had found it based on a website that recommended it.

The "scary as hell" part is actually in the title.
(It's not something I added to pitch how glorious the film is. In actuality, it's a pretty stupid title.)

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Yeah, nobody here is gonna tell anyone where to find unofficial cuts of the films.

Asking about such things is just asking for trouble.

Franchise
04-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Where can I find it? I just want EOTL to come in here and repeat himself.

Black Sunshine
04-12-2010, 12:35 PM
looks like people dont understand what "Edit your post" means....

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Where can I find it? I just want EOTL to come in here and repeat himself.

Yeah, nobody here is...hey, WAIT A MINUTE!!!!

looks like people dont understand whet "Edit your post" means....

The post doesn't need to be edited, really...so long as they don't ask about these things again, they can stick around. It's just not a good habit to get into.

Now, if they'd provided a LINK to an unofficial cut, THAT would have to be edited.

Franchise
04-12-2010, 12:47 PM
I want a link. :(

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-12-2010, 12:48 PM
So go buy some fuckin' Jimmy Dean sausage.

Peaker1990
04-12-2010, 12:49 PM
I want a link. :(

Mike, you crack me up, seriously.

I honestly don't care for fan-edits. I'd rather see (one of the usually two or three) official cuts of a film.

So go buy some fuckin' Jimmy Dean sausage.

Hey, my sausage isn't for sa--- Wait, you said "Jimmy Dean"... not "Joshua Dean."

Black Sunshine
04-12-2010, 12:51 PM
isnt that a crazy thought that there are sometimes up to 3, even 4 cuts of a movie?