PDA

View Full Version : The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue (1974)

oltrelamorte
10-21-2009, 05:09 AM
One of my favorite zombie movies. It starts off kind of slow but that doesn't really hurt it any. The zombies in this are pretty creepy with how they moan & the wheezing-like sounds you hear when one is around. Not to mention the way they shamble about. The creepiest/coolest zombie is the one with the bandage over his head towards the end. Pretty unique how they're brought back too. A piece of machinery that gives off radiation that makes bugs turn against each other & leave crops alone. It also makes babies aggressive & the dead return to life if there's a dead body within its radius. It'll take more than a gunshot to the head to take these zombies down. Burning 'em will do. The gore was pretty good for its time, circa 1973/1974. A few feasting scenes plus a boob rip/munch. I also really loved the filming locations & scenery of this movie.

Also known as:

AKA:
* No profanen el sueño de los muertos
* Let Sleeping Corpses Lie
* Non profanare il sonno dei morti
* Don't Open the Window
* Da dove vieni?
* The Living Dead
* Breakfast at the Manchester Morgue
* Breakfast With the Dead
* Brunch with the Dead
* Weekend per i morti
* Weekend with the Dead
* Invasion der Zombies
* Das Leichenhaus der Lebenden Toten
* Levende Doden in het Lijkenhuis
* Massacre des Morts-Vivants
* Sdejen que los Muertos Duermen
* Zombi 3 - Da dove vieni?
* Fin de semana para los muertos (shooting title)

Jigsawface
11-02-2009, 11:52 PM
I loved this for many years and is one of my favorite horror movies of all time.

Mane-i-ac
02-10-2010, 01:57 PM
My all time favorite Zombie film (http://www.gunsmudblood.net/eurocult/deadthings/main.html).