PDA

View Full Version : my myers mask

halloween
10-19-2004, 04:30 PM
i just bought my michael myers mask from a store on saturday.its a cinema secrets myers mask...is that good one?i got it on a sale,it was 25 bucks...lol and im just a kid so i cant buy those nice 200 dollar ones:D

ANDREW

halloween
10-19-2004, 04:47 PM
bumpedy bump bump someone plz answer

ANDREW

TaddSays
10-19-2004, 04:47 PM
There are alot of different cinema secrets versions, which one did you get?

halloween
10-19-2004, 04:48 PM
uhhh how do u tell the difference between the masks?

Zach-O-Lantern
10-19-2004, 04:53 PM
H8 is gray-tinted. Classic, Standard & economy are pretty much the same, except economy has light-colored eyebrows, for $25 it was probably the economy version

halloween
10-19-2004, 05:00 PM
ya,im not sure about the color of the eyebrows cuz i havent seen the other ones.but it was originally 30 bucks,at my local iparty store...i got the last one too i had to take the display cuz none were left!

ANDREW

Cruel Intentions
10-19-2004, 05:02 PM
My MM mask was 35 bucks

Zach-O-Lantern
10-19-2004, 05:03 PM
Original price $30, than it was the economy, because that's the only one that retails under $35, except for Don Post's "The Mask" or "Chalkface"

halloween
10-19-2004, 05:04 PM
out of those three(cinema secrets economy,don post,or chalkface) what do u think is the best one?

ANDREW

Zach-O-Lantern
10-19-2004, 05:05 PM
Oh, just incase you are all wondering why I know all these prices, etc, is because I comparison shop. Andrew, I'm a kid too, so I know all about having to go the cheapest route possible.

halloween
10-19-2004, 05:06 PM
ah,what age if u dont mind,im 12:rolleyes:

ANDREW

Zach-O-Lantern
10-19-2004, 05:09 PM
I'm 14. Personally I think The Mask is the best, although it is thinner than the Cinema Secret version, it looks more like the actual mask. It bears a strong resemblence to the original, but if you examine it you will be able to see features of all the masks. The Mask is the one I own. Also, Cinema Secrets' masks are coated with a glossy coat which I find unattractive to the mask, but it does protect the mask, where with the Mask you have to add your own type of protective coat.

halloween
10-19-2004, 05:11 PM
oh,lol i cant wait for halloween this year im gonna egg,toilet paper with my michael myers mask...no body will be able to know who i am?lol

ANDREW

MyersFan927
10-19-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by halloween
out of those three(cinema secrets economy,don post,or chalkface) what do u think is the best one?

ANDREW

Don Post. I never cared for the Cinema Secrets one. Too angry looking and off-colored. The Don Post masks actually resembles William Shatner and is actually the proper white in color.

halloween
10-19-2004, 05:17 PM
lol maybe ill get a pic with me and my myers mask on here someday

ANDREW

Cereal Killer
10-19-2004, 07:05 PM
I have an old "the Mask" from the 80's along with my NMM 78' and Sandman 78'. I think the new Post mask actually looks pretty damn cool. It's a little too white, but you can alter that. It has nice classic "Kirk" lines in it, unlike "The Mask".

The only thing I don't care for are the "air holes" in the mouth. Why couldn't they just do a slit mouth?

Zach-O-Lantern
10-20-2004, 02:25 PM
The older 1980s Don Post mask is called "Chalkface"

Thrillogy
10-20-2004, 05:04 PM
good price either way if you ask me

Cereal Killer
10-20-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Zach-O-Lantern
The older 1980s Don Post mask is called "Chalkface"
No, it's not. The first attempt at a commercial Myers mask was called "The Mask". It was made by Don Post in 85'.

http://www.michael-myers.net/myersgallery/albums.php?set_albumListPage=1

It's the second or third one down. Chalkface is a more recent mask, if I'm not mistaken.

Trickster
10-21-2004, 09:18 AM
I bought a Cinema Secrets HALLOWEEN 8 mask last week - It was the last in the shop (cost me 55 - not sure what that is in Dollars)

Zach-O-Lantern
10-21-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Cereal Killer
No, it's not. The first attempt at a commercial Myers mask was called "The Mask". It was made by Don Post in 85'.

http://www.michael-myers.net/myersgallery/albums.php?set_albumListPage=1

It's the second or third one down. Chalkface is a more recent mask, if I'm not mistaken.

I was going by what i've been told & it seemed correct, because now everywhere you see Don Post's mask its called "The Mask", other than Spencers which showed pics of the older mask, but hey, I think we can all just agree to call it Don Post's Michael Myers mask. I have the newest model of the Don Post mask.

ninny
10-21-2004, 10:38 PM
awesome masks geez i can't seem to find one . oh well better stick with my damn tall man one lol

Cereal Killer
10-22-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Zach-O-Lantern
I was going by what i've been told & it seemed correct, because now everywhere you see Don Post's mask its called "The Mask", other than Spencers which showed pics of the older mask, but hey, I think we can all just agree to call it Don Post's Michael Myers mask. I have the newest model of the Don Post mask.
I guess the name is still "The Mask". I noticed the new one has more of the "Kirk" facial features, but it has those stupid holes in the mouth slit. They should've either just cut it like the old "The Mask", or left it alone.

"The Mask" 2004
http://www.hottopic.com/Assets/product_images/zm/666650_zm.jpg

An Older version of "The Mask" like my 80's one
http://www.graveyardproductions.com/images/products/80924.gif

The old mask was an off-white or cream color, the new is very white. It had a slit mouth, but there really were no facial features. They both look the same in the images, sort of, but the new one has some definate "Kirk" facial features. I like the newer one..... minus the mouth.

Here's an interesting read about the "Mask War" :p http://www.stormpages.com/75kirk/MyersCourt.txt

Zach-O-Lantern
10-22-2004, 02:15 PM
Actually, mine does not have mouth holes...it is a simple slit. I remember my friend had an older Don Post mask & it's mouth was slightly open. Mask are so strange...It's like each one varies is some minor detail.

Zulma
10-25-2004, 12:50 PM
ya'll are crazy im going to egg peoples houses too along with kicking some chicks ass.

ryanb111
10-26-2004, 03:17 PM
i just bought one as well...for about 40$