PDA

View Full Version : What would Donald Pleasence think of this?

Ultimate Killer
09-24-2009, 10:15 AM
If he was still alive, what would Donald Pleasence think of Rob Zombies H1 & H2?

Nibbz
09-24-2009, 10:42 AM
I mean he probably would be pissed that the series was reboot. I mean I think that if he didn't die, H20 wouldn't have retconned H4-6. Matter of fact, I think if he lived to today they would have done a few more sequels to the original series. I mean he'd be 89 today but I think if he was healthy and still healthy that he would've been in a couple more sequels and we might not have even gotten these remakes.

But even though I love them, I can feel comfortable saying he wouldn't be happy with Rob's vision or Malcolm's portrayal of Loomis.

michealjamie6
09-24-2009, 11:00 AM
I think that donald pleasence would be pissed off because he was so good in his role as dr. loomis and here comes the remakes and they and messed up his character .:drool:

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-24-2009, 11:02 AM
What would Jesus think of it, for that matter?

Or Hitler? Or Brendan Fraser? What...he's not dead yet? DAMMIT!

TheShape'78
09-24-2009, 11:07 AM
IDK, I'm not D.P. and I am not gonna pretend to know what he would possibly think of RZ's Halloween films.

-mitch-

tripprivers
09-24-2009, 11:19 AM
I think he would be pissed that he didnt get to say the line
"If I wanted your opinion I would beat it out of you"

TheShape'78
09-24-2009, 11:35 AM
I think he would be pissed that he didnt get to say the line
"If I wanted your opinion I would beat it out of you"

Yeah, but atleast he got to tell Nancy Stephens to "Follow me and shut up". Haha.

-mitch-

Michael Voorhees
09-25-2009, 12:05 AM
Hard to speak for the man, no telling what we would've thought about it.

Scarface
09-25-2009, 12:32 AM
http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx23/twangling_jack/what-4.jpg
"Is Donald Pleasence gonna have to choke a bitch?"

missvirginia91
09-25-2009, 05:32 AM
Well, I think RZH was good. I liked it a lot. Then RZH2 came along, and my opinions changed about the new series. I don't think he would like the way Loomis was pertrayed in the movies. Not so much in the first one, but in the second. I had no complaints of Loomis in RZH, but RZH2 Loomis was just pointless and an ass.

tmlfan4life
09-25-2009, 05:42 AM
Honestly without actually knowing what Donald Pleasence would actually say, I don't think I can give an actual answer.

theshape09
09-25-2009, 05:54 AM
i don't think they would've done the remakes if he was still alive cz they would've continued on with the sequels

Muse
09-25-2009, 06:06 AM
I would've thought he'd be the kinda guy who'd be gratious that it's what the series needed, and accept the change, regardless of whether he actually enjoyed the movies or not.

I think the same for what he could've thought for McDowell's Loomis, too. It was so different, it's not like you can compare them. They're only really tied by name and occupation, the two characters.

missvirginia91
09-25-2009, 06:48 AM
True. The two are very very different.

Torgo
09-25-2009, 08:53 AM
I don't think an 80+ year old man would be watching a movie by a guy named Rob Zombie. DAVE Zombie*, maybe, but not ROB Zombie.

*thank you Conan O'Brien

nerd
09-27-2009, 04:51 AM
Obviously, I can't speak for the man, but if it were me, I'd like what RZ did... and I really do.

MischievousSpirit
09-27-2009, 07:15 AM
What kind of question is this? In the long run why should it matter what Donald or any other Halloween alumni would think of it? I wouldn't care if some Halloween alumni hated it or liked it. All that matters to me would be whether I personally liked it or not. Nobody could sway my opinions either way, because I have my own personal tastes. Just like everyone else does.

Danny Strode
09-27-2009, 07:18 AM
What kind of question is this? In the long run why should it matter what Donald or any other Halloween alumni would think of it? I wouldn't care if some Halloween alumni hated it or liked it. All that matters to me would be whether I personally liked it or not. Nobody could sway my opinions either way, because I have my own personal tastes. Just like everyone else does.

Quoted for truth. I should put it in my sig.

tmlfan4life
09-27-2009, 10:05 AM
What kind of question is this? In the long run why should it matter what Donald or any other Halloween alumni would think of it? I wouldn't care if some Halloween alumni hated it or liked it. All that matters to me would be whether I personally liked it or not. Nobody could sway my opinions either way, because I have my own personal tastes. Just like everyone else does.Hey don't forget about Danielle Harris who was apart of the original movies and came back to play Annie, so there is a great example right there.

HEcamehome
03-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Well, none of us can speak for him, of course. But it's just a fun thread topic. Personally, I think that Donald Pleasence would say that he enjoyed the film (even if he really didn't--I just think he would be a gentleman and say that he did), while maintaining that John Carpenter's original film is a classic and will remain so.

Torgo
03-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Well, none of us can speak for him, of course. But it's just a fun thread topic. Personally, I think that Donald Pleasence would say that he enjoyed the film (even if he really didn't--I just think he would be a gentleman and say that he did), while maintaining that John Carpenter's original film is a classic and will remain so.

I think he'd call it a piece of shit.

Also, this thread is like three years old!

I even posted in it back then.

Dave Zombie. lol.

the 'M' clam
03-25-2012, 07:03 PM
I dont think he would like Rob Zombie's work of Halloween but who knows.

The Frightmaster
03-25-2012, 07:15 PM
I don't think he'd be too surprised with the remake seeing how he joked with Moustaph that there'd be 22 sequels

Eraser
03-25-2012, 07:55 PM
He would of honestly said he didn't like it, IMO. In an interview in the late 80's after having worked with multiple horror directors, Donald said he liked Carpenter's style the best.

Crazy_Ralph
03-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Well, any criticism he would have would be invalidated by his presence in H6.

EvilOnTwoLegs
03-26-2012, 12:33 AM
He would of honestly said he didn't like it, IMO. In an interview in the late 80's after having worked with multiple horror directors, Donald said he liked Carpenter's style the best.

The man acted in H5...he really wouldn't have a leg to stand on with that argument.

wyatt s
03-26-2012, 12:58 AM
I think if he were alive today and someone asked him what he thought of Rob Zombie's movies he would think "I'm over 90 years old, piss off and leave me alone." But that's just me.

EvilOnTwoLegs
03-26-2012, 01:20 AM
He might even think, "Dammit, I was in 1984, A Tale of Two Cities, The Great Escape, and The Greatest Story Ever Told...I worked with everyone from Roman Polanski to Raquel Welch...from James Bond to Cheech and Chong...I acted opposite three different Jesus Christs! And all some people want to ask me about is some fucking horror movie I wasn't even in?"

A Dumb Question
03-26-2012, 03:27 AM
I think if he were alive today and someone asked him what he thought of Rob Zombie's movies he would think "I'm over 90 years old, piss off and leave me alone." But that's just me.

True. Even if he were not dead, he'd be very much retired.

the 'M' clam
03-26-2012, 07:28 AM
True. Even if he were not dead, he'd be very much retired.

He is not the man to retire in till he was dead. He really love playing Loomis in the franchise and he would still play Loomis if he was still alive. God Bless his soul.

MyersFan927
03-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I don't think he'd approve of it. Too different from the others. He didn't even care for H3 (at least the concept).

And I wouldn't blame him, really. While I think that RZH is better than at least 2-3 Halloween sequels, it's just not everyone's cup of tea.

the 'M' clam
03-26-2012, 12:22 PM
I think he would be very upset on the film and the role of Dr. Loomis.

Crazy_Ralph
03-26-2012, 01:19 PM
I take problem with the idea that he would have problems solely with the Zombie entries; if he would have no qualms with H:R, but would with the Zombie films, than, once again, his criticism would be invalidated (this time without the assistance of H6!). Wait, what's the point of this thread again? :p

Roswell
03-26-2012, 01:27 PM
I believe the point of this thread was to speculate what a dead guy would think of a film he had nothing to do with. I may be off on that assumption though.

the 'M' clam
03-26-2012, 06:37 PM
I wounder if Donald Pleasence would spook the shit out of Rob Zombie as a ghost.

blacksymbiote
04-24-2012, 01:27 AM
Maybe he would wonder why he wasn't asked to be in H20 or HR.
As far as this movie though, I don't know his taste in movies but he would probably have things he liked and things he disliked about it.

A Dumb Question
04-24-2012, 03:37 PM
He probably would have been in H20...at least long enough to die in the prologue.

Femanizer
04-24-2012, 03:43 PM
I only care about what Jamie Lee Curtis thinks of the remake and I think we all know how she feels about it. She thinks it should eat Activia so it can poo.

Black Sunshine
04-25-2012, 04:31 AM
I hate the premise of this thread.

We should clearly be giving an F about what a dead actor thinks about a remake of a film he was in 35 years ago, 10 years after his passing, cause those are the opinions that really matter.

Psych0ticNemes1s
04-25-2012, 05:32 AM
I hate the premise of this thread.

We should clearly be giving an F about what a dead actor thinks about a remake of a film he was in 35 years ago, 10 years after his passing, cause those are the opinions that really matter.

No John, you must care... WTF else would we talk about besides naked squat thrusts?? OOps, wrong thread.

Hypotheticals run this board... Even pointless ones.

Black Sunshine
04-25-2012, 06:21 AM
what would J.C Brandy think of this?

blacksymbiote
04-25-2012, 04:00 PM
She'd think "I can play Annie if anything goes wrong with Danielle Harris."

Crazy_Ralph
04-25-2012, 06:52 PM
I dedicate this to this thread. It shall be set to an obvious tune:

What if Don was one of us?
Just a fan like one of us?
Just a poster on this thread,
Trying to forget Res-urr-ection,
trying to ignore the Curse of Thorn.
He's trying to forget H F-a-uh-i-i-ive
and that time Carpenter was high.

And yeah yeah Don is great
Yeah yeah Don is good
Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah

Robgoblin
07-01-2012, 07:41 AM
He'd probably call it rubbish like he said about part 5.