PDA

View Full Version : Who else tried out for the role of Laurie Strode?

DanielleRocks
08-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Scout said that a lot of 'big actresses' were there. I know that the one redhead girl from the House Bunny, Superbad, and Zombieland was one of them. I never heard any others, though. Has anyone else?

Nibbz
08-23-2009, 08:05 PM
well all I know is she was the first to audition if im not mistaken

Flash Over
08-23-2009, 08:09 PM
Scout said in an interview that Lindsay Lohan auditioned...no joke

The Source
08-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Scout said in an interview that Lindsay Lohan auditioned...no joke

I would have preferred Lohan. :bastard:

Nibbz
08-23-2009, 08:14 PM
i would have cut my wrists if lohan was laurie

The Source
08-23-2009, 08:19 PM
i would have cut my wrists if lohan was laurie

I almost cut my wrists every time I see Scout straight-of-Compton Taylor :bastard:

Nibbz
08-23-2009, 08:22 PM
well thats ur opinion, I love Scout's laurie

The Source
08-23-2009, 08:26 PM
well thats ur opinion, I love Scout's laurie

I know it is, I never said any different and aww....

Citan
08-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Jeez, I hate Lindsay Lohan.

Scout has Laurie is just fine.

Pasabi
08-23-2009, 09:13 PM
Dainelle Harris also tried out for the spot of Laurie.

Citan
08-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Danielle would have made a wonderful Laurie, way better than Scout (I still found Scout to be decent though).

Nibbz
08-23-2009, 09:28 PM
danielle doesnt have the laurie look to her. i thought she was perfect as annie.

Citan
08-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Looks don't matter. She could have dyed her hair or something. She's a better actress than Scout (perhaps an even better one than Jamie Lee Curtis).

Laurie2007
08-24-2009, 08:41 AM
at first i thought that danielle should have been laurie because she was jamie but i think scout pulled it off better and danielle was theperfect annie for this

theshape09
08-24-2009, 09:52 AM
(perhaps an even better one than Jamie Lee Curtis).

no way no one would be better than JLC as laurie

Michael Voorhees
08-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Looks don't matter. She could have dyed her hair or something. She's a better actress than Scout (perhaps an even better one than Jamie Lee Curtis).

Meh, I understand that Danielle is a horror legend, but that doesn't make her instantly qualify for any role. She's not Laurie, she was better cast as Annie, and I highly doubt she would've been a better Laurie than Scout.

Just my $0.02.

Captain Mal
08-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Meh, I understand that Danielle is a horror legend, but that doesn't make her instantly qualify for any role. She's not Laurie, she was better cast as Annie, and I highly doubt she would've been a better Laurie than Scout.

Just my $0.02.

I agree and I'd also say they got the casting of the 3 girls just right.

jmb_052
08-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Meh, I understand that Danielle is a horror legend...

Just my $0.02.

That's a stretch.

Michael Voorhees
08-24-2009, 05:14 PM
In some people's eyes she's a legend of sorts, or on her way to being known as such, but my point still applies.

GrimOctober
08-24-2009, 05:56 PM
I agree that Danielle fits more so as Annie. I was not too keen on Scout as Laurie upon first viewing but after rewatching the movie several times, I think she is just great.

As for the original question, I'm pretty sure Kristen Stewart tried out for the role. Despite the Twilight hoopla, I think she is a good actress, especially in stuff like Speak and The Cake Eaters.

Michael Voorhees
08-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Kristen Stewart is pretty good but she's another actress I have a hard time picturing as Laurie.

heavymetal
08-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Woopty doo. It doesn't matter 'who you can picture'. It's about who can pull off the role. And in that case, let's not just sit here and bash Danielle when someone says she could have been Laurie. WE DON'T KNOW how she would have done in that role so you can't just sit there and say that she would have sucked. It's just plain stupid.

On the topic of Scout as Laurie, I'm in a small crowd and I know it. I hated her. Hater her, hated her, hated her. I believe I've made my opinion known. For reasons why......she just wasn't believable period. And she's NOT attractive in my opinion. Then again, attractiveness has nothing to do with who gets cast in what role. It's not like I'm sitting here saying that Danielle should have been Laurie because she's better looking (while I think she is, no doubt.)..........Danielle did good in her role, I agree with that. But Scout.....is just awful. She tries too hard and everything and every line comes off as forced.

Give me shit for it. I don't care. My opinion is mine and yours is yours. Leave it at that.

Nibbz
08-24-2009, 07:58 PM
your opinion is your opinion and that is great, but who in the blue hell bashed danielle? no one did. not one person.

Michael Voorhees
08-24-2009, 07:59 PM
Nobody's gonna give you shit for not liking the performance.

Btw, I wasn't bashing Danielle, I just said I don't see her as Laurie Strode, and that it's not the role for her. That's hardly bashing her, considering how big of a fan I continue to say I am everyday.

heavymetal
08-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Bashing - whatever you want to call it. If you're saying that she can't do something without giving her the chance because you can't "picture it", then it's a slight form of bashing. You're almost saying that she doesn't have the ability. And that's dead wrong because you don't know. None of us have seen her trying to play Laurie so you can't sit there and say she isn't right for it. I didn't sit there and say that Danielle was perfect for Laurie so let's not do it the other way around either.

Danny Strode
08-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Christ, this is turning borderline hilarious.

All around, a lot of people would've been better off for the role of Laurie. Honestly, I see Danielle in the role far better than what Scout could ever dream of being.

But that's just my opinion. ;)

The Source
08-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Christ, this is turning borderline hilarious.

All around, a lot of people would've been better off for the role of Laurie. Honestly, I see Danielle in the role far better than what Scout could ever dream of being.

But that's just my opinion. ;)

I whole heartedly agree!!!

heavymetal
08-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Bianca Kajlich for Laurie, anyone?

Seriously. She was a better actess than Scout. And I only liked Bianca for her looks. Scout doesn't even have that going for her.

Nibbz
08-24-2009, 08:23 PM
Bashing - whatever you want to call it. If you're saying that she can't do something without giving her the chance because you can't "picture it", then it's a slight form of bashing. You're almost saying that she doesn't have the ability. And that's dead wrong because you don't know. None of us have seen her trying to play Laurie so you can't sit there and say she isn't right for it. I didn't sit there and say that Danielle was perfect for Laurie so let's not do it the other way around either.

I'm not fucking bashing her and I take offense to you saying I am. I am not denying her ability at all and infact I am a big Danielle Harris fan. I'm just saying I don't think she would have been good for the role of Laurie. I love Christian Bale but I don't think he played John Connor well at all. Am i bashing him? No. Nor am I or have I bashed Danielle Harris.

heavymetal
08-24-2009, 08:27 PM
I wasn't talking about you man. I'm talking about people who sit here and say "well Scout is so much better than Danielle and Danielle could not have played Laurie...blah blah bullshit". You said you didn't think she'd be good for the role and left it at that. Other(s) were saying that she didn't stand a chance and weren't even giving her a chance.

Nibbz
08-24-2009, 08:30 PM
I wasn't talking about you man. I'm talking about people who sit here and say "well Scout is so much better than Danielle and Danielle could not have played Laurie...blah blah bullshit". You said you didn't think she'd be good for the role and left it at that. Other(s) were saying that she didn't stand a chance and weren't even giving her a chance.

NO ONE SAID ANY OF THAT IN THIS TOPIC!

all that was said about Danielle was that she was better as Annie, or that she wouldve played Laurie great.

heavymetal
08-24-2009, 08:34 PM
MV was talking about how she wouldn't stand a chance against Scout without giving her a chance man. I wasn't talking about you, and still not trying to imply you're saying anything wrong. Just chill man. It's all good.

Michael Voorhees
08-24-2009, 09:04 PM

Like I said, it's not bashing. Did I see Harris was a bad actress and couldn't do it? No, I said I can't see it, but if she did get cast I wouldn't be complaining depending upon her performance. You need to learn what bashing is before you try to say I'm bashing anyone. Christ, dude, it's called a fucking opinion, get used to it.

heavymetal
08-24-2009, 09:22 PM
I know it's an opinion. So fucking leave it at that. I don't have to get used to your opinions if I don't want to. I would have respected your opinion if you weren't always saying something along the lines of Danielle not being able to do the role. That's taking away from her abilities and in retrospect, bashing. Not as severe as some people, but it still is. And this is the first time you've said anything about not complaining about her performance. Trying to make yourself look better and me look like the ass. Just quit while you're ahead man. You're not getting it.

I know what bashing is, thanks for your concern. The point is you were detracting from her abilities by saying she wasn't able to do the role. She wasn't chosen for it, so you win in that aspect. Leave it at that. Don't sit here and say that Danielle would have sucked as Laurie or couldn't light a candle to Scout. I'm not saying that she could, but I'm not doing what you are and saying she can't either. That's the final word on the matter.

I wasn't trying to attack you, I am just in a long line of people who would appreciate it if you wouldn't say that Danielle isn't right for something or that she can't do something until you've seen the proof that she was horrendous when she tried.

The Source
08-24-2009, 09:32 PM
I personally can't see how any one thinks Scout plays a decent Laurie or even a human being for that matter. Danielle is a great actress and I'm positive she would make a pretty damn good Laurie. I don't know how some one can't "see" it either, but everyone has an opinion and lets all leave it at that.

Michael Voorhees
08-24-2009, 10:40 PM
As I've said, I feel that Danielle was better in the role she was cast in. That's not taking anything away from her acting abilities, because if she were cast as Laurie, I'd be fine with it. Just because I can't "see" her being Laurie Strode doesn't mean she can't do it. For this particular version of the character I feel that Scout was the better choice. Does that mean Scout is the overall better actress? No. It just means she was better for the interpretaiton they choose to portray. I wouldn't put it past Danielle to give a knock out performance, but seeing as she's not in the role, we'll never know.

CritterKoas
08-25-2009, 12:49 AM
haha crazy people. its done scouts laurie and danielle is annie. I think they both played there parts as best as possible, obviously rob saw them in those roles. I however did not like who he cast as lynda. IMO that was the only bad role in the movie.

Nibbz
08-25-2009, 09:15 AM
haha crazy people. its done scouts laurie and danielle is annie. I think they both played there parts as best as possible, obviously rob saw them in those roles. I however did not like who he cast as lynda. IMO that was the only bad role in the movie.

i concur

storyteller
08-25-2009, 09:48 AM
no way no one would be better than JLC as laurie

This.

Nibbz
08-25-2009, 11:22 AM
This.

not that. I found JLC's Laurie in H1 and H2 to be completely boring and fake. She looks like she is acting. Scout looked like she was living the horrors. My opinion. JLC didn't get good until H20.

Michael Voorhees
08-25-2009, 12:42 PM
I'd have to agree with that assessment. JCH is a classic movie, but Laurie practically had the weakest performance.

storyteller
08-25-2009, 12:44 PM
This isn't even up for debate.

I'm an actor, and I'm a director. Jamie Lee's performance is everything Scout's isn't.

Nibbz
08-25-2009, 12:48 PM

I'm an actor, and I'm a director. Jamie Lee's performance is everything Scout's isn't.

fuck you it isnt up for debate. you could be john carpenter for all I care, Jamie Lee Curtis in H1 and H2 is so boring and fake it's ridiculous. Whenever she cries, I cringe, her crying face is terrible, the only thing she did well was scream.

but you are right, JLC Laurie IS everything Scout's isn't. And that is fake, unrealistic, and boring

storyteller
08-25-2009, 12:54 PM
fuck you it isnt up for debate. you could be john carpenter for all I care, Jamie Lee Curtis in H1 and H2 is so boring and fake it's ridiculous. Whenever she cries, I cringe, her crying face is terrible, the only thing she did well was scream.

but you are right, JLC Laurie IS everything Scout's isn't. And that is fake, unrealistic, and boring

Such strong language.

Just so you know, you are in the minority on this, with what, you and five others who believe this.

Nibbz
08-25-2009, 12:55 PM
Such strong language.

Just so you know, you are in the minority on this, with what, you and five others who believe this.

I know I'm in the minority and quite honestly I don't care. I did not like JLC's portrayal of Laurie, at least not until H20. I'm not afraid to say it, I'm not afraid to get bashed for it. Lynda and Annie were more interested in H1 than Laurie, and that's sad when Laurie was the main character.

Black Sunshine
08-25-2009, 12:56 PM
wow! u 2 need to chill right now!! dont let this name calling get any further out of hand!! agree to disagree and end the squabble!

Nibbz
08-25-2009, 01:20 PM
um i didn't name call anyone for the record.

Danny Strode
08-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Who'd've thought this thread would take the turn it has?

Slasher Fan
08-25-2009, 04:08 PM
This.

I third that.

I wasn't keen on Scout as Laurie. I think her acting was pretty bad. I think the acting from all three of the girls was pretty poor, and lacked any of the chemistry and charm the original trio of girls had in JC's Halloween.

I'm hoping for a better performance from Scout in H2. Especially since the movie is supposedly revolving around Laurie.

DeanCorso
08-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Wait!....theres actually some people that thinks Scout's Laurie is better then Jamie Lee's Laurie:crazy:, Scout was terrible has Laurie and i never cared for her character but thats not entirely her fault.....the writting/dialogue was weak (i'm being nice) for this mediocre movie.

anyhow back to the topic:
To say i suggested the very talented Ellen Page has Laurie way back when "Rob Zombie's Halloween" was in pre-production, if i were her agent she would have definitely fired me :D.

Michael Voorhees
08-25-2009, 07:53 PM

Actor & director? So that makes what you say fact? And the only way you could possibly know if we're in the minority about saying STC is a better Laurie than JLC would be if you surveyed every Halloween fan on Earth. Otherwise, you can't speak for them.

JLC' Laurie was flat out boring. Scout's version acted like an actual girl, and was a girl you could believe had popular friends.

DanielleRocks
08-26-2009, 02:42 AM
I started the thread to see who else tried out for the role. Not so people could bitch at each other about Danielle Vs. Scout, Jamie Lee Vs. Scout. Keep it on topic! If you don't know anything, then don't comment. Get back on discussion before a mod comes in here.

CritterKoas
08-26-2009, 03:46 AM

I understand your need for your opinion, but every thread i've seen you in your stiring up trouble. State your opinion thats fine, but don't act like others don't count because you think your view is better because your an actor/director.

Add to the fact that that isn't even the thread to be debating this in, this is a thread for who else tried out for the role of Laurie, not for whos a better Laurie, Let's stay on topic and stop causing fights.

DanielleRocks
08-26-2009, 01:10 PM
I understand your need for your opinion, but every thread i've seen you in your stiring up trouble. State your opinion thats fine, but don't act like others don't count because you think your view is better because your an actor/director.

Add to the fact that that isn't even the thread to be debating this in, this is a thread for who else tried out for the role of Laurie, not for whos a better Laurie, Let's stay on topic and stop causing fights.

Exactly. Let's keep it on topic!

Michael Voorhees
08-26-2009, 08:08 PM
So, who else did try out for Laurie Strode?

LunkenDrush
09-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Good lord people. I liked BOTH actresses just fine. What worked for me with JLC's Laurie was her innocence and her quiet nature. I liked SCT's Laurie because she wasn't as quiet and seemed not as innocent. But both were nerdy. In terms of cracking up, I liked SCT...mainly because we did not have a fair chance to see JLC crack in H2. However in H20 we were finally able to see the toll it took on JLC's Laurie Strode. That said I don't like one more than the other. I think they have different interpretations of Laurie Strode which worked well.

Scarface
09-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Actor & director? So that makes what you say fact? And the only way you could possibly know if we're in the minority about saying STC is a better Laurie than JLC would be if you surveyed every Halloween fan on Earth. Otherwise, you can't speak for them.

JLC' Laurie was flat out boring. Scout's version acted like an actual girl, and was a girl you could believe had popular friends.

I'm pretty positive that those who find Scout better than JLC (blasphemous) are in the minority.

Anyways, I doubt anyone worthy tried out for the role. I think Rob Zombie was deliberately going for someone unknown, so I don't think he'd have wanted to audition someone that a lot of people would be familiar with.

z0mbiej0e
09-26-2009, 11:08 AM
Scout said that a lot of 'big actresses' were there. I know that the one redhead girl from the House Bunny, Superbad, and Zombieland was one of them. I never heard any others, though. Has anyone else?

What?! Emma Stone, that would have been soooooooo great. She should of got the fucking part :godno:

Masked Madman
09-26-2009, 11:38 AM
I'm pretty positive that those who find Scout better than JLC (blasphemous) are in the minority.

Anyways, I doubt anyone worthy tried out for the role. I think Rob Zombie was deliberately going for someone unknown, so I don't think he'd have wanted to audition someone that a lot of people would be familiar with.
How is it blasphemous? Its a difference of opinion I agree with Michael Voorhees JLC was very dull in the movie and Scout felt more like a real girl to me. Thats doesn't mean anyone who disagrees with me is blasphemous though.

Scarface
09-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Yeah, it's my opinion that it's blasphemous, though.

SuperDave
09-26-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm pretty sure Kristen Stewart tried out for the role. Despite the Twilight hoopla, I think she is a good actress, especially in stuff like Speak and The Cake Eaters.

Oooooh, that would have been interesting. She has such a unique look. I think she can pull off both innocent and sexy (and sometimes both at the same time) very well. In an alternate universe, it would be cool to see Kristen as Laurie.

Scarface
09-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Kristen Stewart tried out? Interesting. I might have liked her better than Scout.

Masked Madman
09-26-2009, 12:34 PM
God no she is a horrid actress.

Scarface
09-26-2009, 12:37 PM
She was good in Adventureland, and I feel she could of made for a better Laurie than Scout.

Masked Madman
09-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Meh she's very boring imo, If not Scout I like Ellen Page as a choice. I've only seen her in comedies but she looks like she could pull it off.

But as it stands im very happy they chose Scout, she's one of the best new actresses ive seen.

Michael Voorhees
09-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Agreed, Stewart wouldn't have been a good Laurie, imo. Even for her career to be just beginning, I get the feeling she'll be a one note actress.

Scarface
09-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Uh... she's had a bigger success than Scout. I'm not just talking Twilight either. She had a career way before Scout. Scout didn't get remotely famous until RZH. I think Stewart is a much better actress.

Michael Voorhees
09-26-2009, 08:43 PM
I don't, she's pretty terrible, imo.

Scarface
09-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Eh, much better than Scout imo.

Flash Over
10-25-2009, 04:01 PM
I don't, she's pretty terrible, imo.

I agree.
Scout can actually put emotion into her work, Kristen Stewart is way too monotonous. She is terrible.

Michael Voorhees
10-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I have yet to see anything from her that I really, really liked.

storyteller
10-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Haha, WHAT!? Kristen Stewart is a terrible actress? Puhlease! I can't stand Twilight, but that girl can act circles around Scout.

Michael Voorhees
10-25-2009, 06:42 PM
That's your opinion, not mine. I don't think she's as great as some make her out to be, or even good for that matter. Scout is much, much better than the monotone Ms. Stewart.

Masked Madman
10-25-2009, 07:06 PM
That's your opinion, not mine. I don't think she's as great as some make her out to be, or even good for that matter. Scout is much, much better than the monotone Ms. Stewart.
I agree. Stewart is just bland imo.

Scarface
10-25-2009, 07:10 PM
Haha, WHAT!? Kristen Stewart is a terrible actress? Puhlease! I can't stand Twilight, but that girl can act circles around Scout.

I agree. It's pretty ridiculous to say she's so bland, haha, but at the same time praise Scout for being some uber-talented actress. If anything, they are on par. I prefer Stewart's body of work to Scout's easily, minus all that Twilight shit. Adventureland was fucking great.

Michael Voorhees
10-25-2009, 07:20 PM
I don't think Scout is some uber great actress that can do no wrong, but I do think she's better than Stewart. Everything that I've seen from Stewart so far has been bland and hasn't caught my attention and really stuck out to me. It seems like she's portraying the same goth/emo girl in every film she's in.

Scarface
10-25-2009, 07:24 PM
I take it your only judging Scout based on RZH and RZH2. Otherwise, you'd realize that she, too, has played the exact same type of character in everything else she's been in. It's laughable, really, to say Stewart is worse. I find them both to be about the same, but Stewart has a better body of work which means she gets my vote.

Michael Voorhees
10-25-2009, 07:27 PM
I've seen Scout in more than just RZH & RZH2, and I haven't seen her portraying the same character over & over like Stewart. Until I see something different from Stewart I'll maintain the belief that she is currently a one note actress that is as bland & boring as they come. That's just the way I see it, but if you feel otherwise there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

heavymetal
10-25-2009, 07:38 PM
I feel inclined to disagree with you there. Stewart isn't really that one-note. She's done a few different things. People look at her the as the repetitive type too often because she looks the same.....at least that's the argument I saw someone making once. Just judging by the constant playing of the New Moon trailer on some channels, it looks like she has stepped up significantly for this....not that I care....I'm not a Twilight fan by any stretch of the mind, but you get my point.

She was quite the alright actress in The Messengers, for whatever reason I ended up watching that movie. But whatever. I really do feel that Scout is the same thing over and over again. That's where Stewart beats her. However, I do feel that Stewart would not have been the right choice for Laurie. Scout's better there, but I feel Stewart is a better actress in general. Maybe if Scout would stop playing the same, self-loathing (that's the vibe I get) role over and over again.

Feel free to disagree, I was just stating my feelings.