PDA

View Full Version : How did he get so strong?

Michael Voorhees
08-05-2009, 08:52 PM
I haven't seen a thread around here discussing this but one thing I continually wonder is how the hell Michael got so strong. I know he's crazy, but I've never heard of a crazy person overpowering two people that are his size, one of which he lifted off the ground with no effort.

It takes a hell of a lot of strength to lift a 6'5 man off the ground and hold him up.

carol
08-05-2009, 08:57 PM
He's like 7 feet tall in this movie. He's bound to pick anyone up.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Protein shakes.

And never underestimate the power of crazy.

Zombie
08-05-2009, 09:02 PM
He's like 7 feet tall in this movie. He's bound to pick anyone up.

http://consumat.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/manutebolnmuggsybogues.jpg

Michael Voorhees
08-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Being tall doesn't automatically equate to being super strong. I've seen a lot of tall dudes get the shit beat out them, and maybe I am underestimating how crazy he is, but it's odd he got that strong from just being in a sanitarium.

As a matter of fact, did Michael even eat while he was locked up?

Zombie
08-05-2009, 09:08 PM
It's actually a good question.

When he was a kid, he wasn't big. Maybe a bit chubby, but not huge like you'd expect from someone who turned out to be 7 feet tall.

He must've had one huge growth spurt after being institutionalized!

Danny Strode
08-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Diet really doesn't have anything to do with it, at least from not what we saw on-screen. I can't possibly imagine that he spent his entire time sitting in a chair making masks. I would like to think that he did do something to build up his strength. Obviously, he had to eat at some point. We just never saw it.

Nibbz
08-05-2009, 09:20 PM
im just thinking he had nothing to do all day in the cell. he probably just did pushups and situps. i don't ened to stretch my imagination that far for that one.

Michael Voorhees
08-05-2009, 09:29 PM
I actually do think Michael may have done some sort of exercise or recreational activity. With the original he was supernatural so we didn't have to wonder how he got strong, but in this one he [supposedly] isn't supernatural so I just wondered how he got so strong. I, too, find it hard to believe that all he did was make masks and not talk.

And it's not hard to believe Michael grew to be 6'9 considering Daeg hit 6'0 in less than two years.

HalloweeN63
08-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Being tall doesn't automatically equate to being super strong.

And you're right. Look at robo Myers in HII. Short fuck jerks that scalpel into that nurse and lifts that bitch up off her feet!

To be honest, it's a movie. I don't look too deep into this kind of shit. I take it at face value.

Black Sunshine
08-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Jose Canseco was his cell-mate

Danny Strode
08-05-2009, 09:37 PM
With the original he was supernatural so we didn't have to wonder how he got strong, but in this one he [supposedly] isn't supernatural so I just wondered how he got so strong.

He really wasn't strong until II.

To be honest, it's a movie. I don't look too deep into this kind of shit. I take it at face value.

Yeah, same here. Sometimes, there can be something that'll just be so far out there that I have to stop and think about it, but I really can't take it seriously.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-05-2009, 09:39 PM
He really wasn't strong until II.

He still lifted a guy off the ground with one hand in H1. Not an easy task, considering his size.

But like Ray said, these are movies. They work best when you take them at face value.

Michael Voorhees
08-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Yeah, we could take it at face value, but the point of these forums is to discuss any & everything about the film, even things that can be taken at face value.

In any case, RFP is definitely forgetting that he lifted up a guy with one hand in H1, which is no easy task.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Yeah...it just sucks my enjoyment out of the series to overthink every bit of minutia.

That's why I burned out on the UHMB back in '03/'04.

Zombie
08-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Yeah...it just sucks my enjoyment out of the series to overthink every bit of minutia.

That's why I burned out on this shit back in '03/'04.

I now enjoy pointing out the absurdity of it all.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Sometimes I think that's about all we old-timers have left. haha

We did our time ranting and rambling about every conceivable facet of the series...now, it just seems pointless.

Danny Strode
08-05-2009, 09:49 PM
In any case, RFP is definitely forgetting that he lifted up a guy with one hand in H1, which is no easy task.

Yeah, as both you and EOTL pointed out, it was something I overlooked. In any case, I don't buy it.

That's why I burned out on the UHMB back in '03/'04.

Yeah, I can agree. As much fun as it is to debate a lot of things, sometimes it really takes the fun out of it. I mean, I really don't care if Harold got his sandwich or not. If it was relevant to the story, we would've found out.

And as for your last sentence, when I first saw you post that a few weeks ago, I didn't understand it. But now, after having been here for two years now, I can feel the burn myself.

Zombie
08-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Sometimes I think that's about all we old-timers have left. haha

We did our time ranting and rambling about every conceivable facet of the series...now, it just seems pointless.

Yeah, pretty much.

You can only talk about the same shit a million times before it gets old.

Michael Voorhees
08-05-2009, 10:04 PM
That's all so very true, but at the same time I'm still new to Halloween as a whole so discussing these things is fun for me atm.

Danny Strode
08-05-2009, 10:06 PM
That's all so very true, but at the same time I'm still new to Halloween as a whole so discussing these things is fun for me atm.

And no one says that's a bad thing. Give it another two years. You'll be burned out too. ;)

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Give it seven, and you'll be ready to kill everyone. :nodsmile:

Danny Strode
08-05-2009, 10:17 PM
I'll do it in four.

HalloweeN63
08-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Give it seven, and you'll be ready to kill everyone. :nodsmile:

Yeah, about after 7, you'll be begging to get into the OHMB time machine. ;)

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Oh. Hellz. Yeah.

Torgo
08-05-2009, 10:36 PM
After lock down Michael would spend countless hours in his cell doing push ups. He never slept. During rec time he would often randomly challenge other inmates to what he called "push up races," to see who could do the most push ups at any given time. It wasn't rare for guards to walk into the rec room after hearing a loud commotion, only to find Michael and another inmate engaged in the heat of a push up race, usually with Michael up to the 400s and not breaking of sweat, while his opponent struggled and gasped for air.

When Michael got older and bigger, Ismael would often sit on Michael's back to give him more of a challenge, but he was always generous with his words of encouragement.

In the mornings, Michael employed a strict regimen of hormonal vitamins and whey protein, often mixed with skim milk to help mask the taste. He preferred strawberry, but sometimes chocolate would have to suffice. Chocolate never sat well with his finicky palate, but he powered through, for he thought of this ritual not as enjoyment, but as fuel for his growing body.

This is all obvious just by watching the first forty minutes of the flick.

Michael Voorhees
08-05-2009, 10:48 PM
And no one says that's a bad thing. Give it another two years. You'll be burned out too. ;)

Probably so, but I still have yet to see all the films, and then, too, with almost every forum I go a period of time without posting a lot to give the site a break., something I've done quite a few times here.

HalloweeN63
08-05-2009, 10:49 PM
good luck man. :)

Zombie
08-05-2009, 11:39 PM
I've been trick-or-treated to death.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-06-2009, 12:13 AM
You don't--

Ah, forget it.

Zombie
08-06-2009, 12:21 AM
You don't--

Ah, forget it.

Oh say it!

It's the best line in the entire movie.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-06-2009, 12:43 AM
Better than "Harold, you want mayonnaise on your sandwich?"

Blasphemy.

Psych0ticNemes1s
08-06-2009, 04:56 AM
Simple... Rob Zombie decided to make Myers look even bigger than HIV-HVI. According to Zombie, bigger is obviously better.

Black Sunshine
08-06-2009, 05:03 AM
Better than "Harold, you want mayonnaise on your sandwich?"

Blasphemy.

how about Mustard?

Citan
08-06-2009, 06:39 AM
I've been trick-or-treated to death.

You don't know what death is!

There, I said it. ;)

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Simple... Rob Zombie decided to make Myers look even bigger than HIV-HVI. According to Zombie, bigger is obviously better.

As opposed to the brilliant original sequels, which tried to prove that stiffer was better. :yeah:

nwiser
08-06-2009, 11:16 AM
the OP's question is a perfect notion why RZ should have written H2 Smiths Grove scenes for Daeg instead of writing them for his wife and the new kid. Daeg is fairly tall now after only 2 years...which would have made Myers' change over the course of 17 years more believable.

And you're right. Look at robo Myers in HII. Short fuck jerks that scalpel into that nurse and lifts that bitch up off her feet!

even then he had to have cables to help lift her up. I wonder who he was able to convince to pull on the cables while he stabbed her? :D

Simple... Rob Zombie decided to make Myers look even bigger than HIV

that's not hard considering how small HIV is. I mean...you cant even see it with the naked eye. ;)

Psych0ticNemes1s
08-06-2009, 11:30 AM
As opposed to the brilliant original sequels, which tried to prove that stiffer was better. :yeah:

I don't think I ever commented on the performance of the earlier actors, only on why Zombie decided to make him so big. :oops:

Khan
08-06-2009, 11:57 AM
He ate his Wheaties.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-06-2009, 11:58 AM
I don't think I ever commented on the performance of the earlier actors, only on why Zombie decided to make him so big. :oops:

I know. I just like to have fun with people who bitch about one, but not the other. :fu:

captainoneliner
08-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Hey, it doesn't matter how big it is if it doesn't get stiff.

BADA BING!

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-06-2009, 12:22 PM
I knew someone would make that joke.

And I knew it would be you. :nodsmile:

captainoneliner
08-06-2009, 12:27 PM
I knew you would know!!!

lopli
08-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Evil's always been strong, it just needed a body, which is Michael.

Michael Voorhees
08-06-2009, 02:06 PM

I agree that bigger is better, I apply that philosophy to a lot of my own stories, quite honestly. I'm glad Zombie decided to make Michael more hulking and still have a certain grace to him. Say what you will about Mane's Myers but at least he wasn't a robot like a lot of the incarnations of Michael.

zombie commando
08-28-2009, 05:34 AM
I think he's scarier as a normal sized man. There's just something unsettling about a guy that looks to be of average strength but is much stronger than any normal man.

I understand why Zombie chose for Myers to be as big as he is in the remake. It goes along with the more realistic approach to the character. I prefer the old take though.

Michael Voorhees
08-28-2009, 11:38 PM
I like both for different reasons. I like the old version because of the reasons you just listed, but I also like a huge Michael Myers because I'd find someone that big to be instantly intimidating.

Zombie
08-28-2009, 11:47 PM
I like both for different reasons. I like the old version because of the reasons you just listed, but I also like a huge Michael Myers because I'd find someone that big to be instantly intimidating.

And oddly enough...

...that didn't have any impact on Howard, who thought - at about 5'10 - he could take on a hulking 7-foot beast. What a fucking moronic scene.

Michael Voorhees
08-29-2009, 12:24 AM
Wait, wait, who was Howard again?

Was he the guy that got his face stomped in? And I think that if Zombie's point was to show that a 6'8 man could be intimidating, he should've enforced that a lot more and made him actually scare people off of his size alone.

carol
08-29-2009, 08:50 AM
How Zombie's Michael got so strong? That's easy, he ate all of his vegetables. That's how he got to be 7 feet tall and sprout long hair. :nodsmile:

Michael Voorhees
08-31-2009, 10:45 PM
But his hair looked like it smelled like old man's balls.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-31-2009, 11:59 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/jamesoblivion/wheatiesbox.jpg

MischievousSpirit
09-01-2009, 12:14 AM

That is classic! :D

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-01-2009, 12:17 AM
That's what Lil Mikey was eating in the infamous breakfast scene. :nodsmile:

Danny Strode
09-01-2009, 01:01 PM

That's great! Ha, ha.

Robgoblin
09-02-2009, 06:50 PM

That's great. :roflmao:

zombie commando
09-03-2009, 06:14 AM
Two words.....cock pushups.

Michael Voorhees
09-11-2009, 08:07 PM
That's three words you dick. :p

missvirginia91
09-11-2009, 08:19 PM
The janitor was sneaking him in steroids.

Scarface
09-11-2009, 08:23 PM

Fucking priceless, haha.

nerd
09-29-2009, 08:41 AM
Again, I like both. I like to think that "the huge" MM is so big because he has so much built up rage inside him...grrrr! lol

Michael Voorhees
09-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Or genetics. :bastard:

But I think his strength plays more into him being psychotic and living inside his head rather than his size. He's built himself up to be an unstoppable force, and he likely feels nothing can truly tame, control, or stop him.

SuperDave
09-30-2009, 09:41 AM
If you ask me, it's genetics.

It's actually a good question.

When he was a kid, he wasn't big. Maybe a bit chubby, but not huge like you'd expect from someone who turned out to be 7 feet tall.

He must've had one huge growth spurt after being institutionalized!

I don't know, Daeg Faerch is a pretty big kid. I could see him growing up to be a Tyler Mane. Especially now that he's lost the baby fat and gotten taller.

im just thinking he had nothing to do all day in the cell. he probably just did pushups and situps. i don't ened to stretch my imagination that far for that one.

Good point.

Michael Voorhees
09-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Daeg will be close to Tyler's height, no doubt. Especially if he's already past the 6'0 mark now.

And I think that if he did do push-ups and such, it wouldn't really do a hell of a lot for him, other than beef him up a little.

Nibbz
09-30-2009, 12:17 PM
wait what? no fucking way Daeg is 6 foot. he's only 12

SuperDave
09-30-2009, 12:25 PM
I think he's about 5'3" right now, which is what the website I looked up said, but that means Sherri Moon is really short :laugh:

Is 5'3" short or tall for 12? I can't remember how tall I was when I was 12, but I know that by the time I was 16, I was at least 6'1", and I'm 6'3" now.

Nibbz
09-30-2009, 12:29 PM
i mean i'm 5'10 and im 18, so i'd say either on par with the average, or tall.

Michael Voorhees
09-30-2009, 12:35 PM
wait what? no fucking way Daeg is 6 foot. he's only 12

He's 6'0, man, Rob Zombie said it. There's no fucking way he's 5'3, especially when his real Myspace says 6'0. Sad thing is I'm about three years older than him (if he's 12) and he's got about two inches on me in height.

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Daeg is definitely taller than 5'3"...and he's older than 12. Sheri Moon is 5'10", and reports from the set all stated that Daeg is now taller than she is. So yes, he's probably about 6' tall. He's Danish, for fucksake...of course he's gonna be crazy tall.

Nibbz
09-30-2009, 12:40 PM
damn dude he dwarfs me.

but no EOTL he definitely is 12. he was 10 when Halloween came out. if he's older than 12 it's only that he's recently turned 13.

Michael Voorhees
09-30-2009, 12:48 PM
I'd say he's no older than 13 or 14, but aside from him being Danish, there's a large chance he could also have pituitary gigantism.

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-30-2009, 12:53 PM
damn dude he dwarfs me.

but no EOTL he definitely is 12. he was 10 when Halloween came out. if he's older than 12 it's only that he's recently turned 13.

His age isn't publicly listed anywhere. The assumption that he was 10 when RZH came out comes from the fact that he was playing a 10-year-old Michael Myers. Try finding actual evidence of his age online...you'll come up empty. Considering his current height and the fact that his voice has now completely changed, I seriously doubt that he's only 12.

Michael Voorhees
09-30-2009, 12:55 PM
What's the oldest you think he is, EOTL?

Scarface
09-30-2009, 12:56 PM
Michael is sex crazed and retard strong.

Michael Voorhees
09-30-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm pretty sure he got laid regularly in the sanitarium. Insane people understand each other like that.

MischievousSpirit
09-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Some people were just meant to grow very tall. I have a friend who was like 6'0" when he was 14. He's 6'8" now at 32.

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-30-2009, 01:08 PM
I'd estimate Daeg's age at around 14. Puberty really got a jump start once it kicked in. It's in his genes, obviously. Like I said, the kid is Danish. The Danes are a tall people, in general.

I'm gonna laugh if he ends up being as tall as Tyler Mane...since I remember a lot of people back in '07 saying, "Who could ever believe that such a runt would grow into that huge fuckin' guy?" :p

tripprivers
09-30-2009, 01:10 PM
I'd estimate Daeg's age at around 14. Puberty really got a jump start once it kicked in. It's in his genes, obviously. Like I said, the kid is Danish. The Danes are a tall people, in general.

I'm gonna laugh if he ends up being as tall as Tyler Mane...since I remember a lot of people back in '07 saying, "Who could ever believe that such a runt would grow into that huge fuckin' guy?" :p

HAHAHA does that mean Rob Zombie is a character continuity genius?!

Michael Voorhees
09-30-2009, 01:17 PM

I see, I didn't know he was even Danish until the first time you brought it up in another thread.

Haha, I think he's going to end up being about as tall as Mane, and people are going to be going "I totally knew he could grow up to be Michael Myers" even though they were saying otherwise years ago.

:smoke:

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-30-2009, 01:20 PM
HAHAHA does that mean Rob Zombie is a character continuity genius?!

haha Rob Zombie is psychic, obviously.

I remember, when I first saw RZH, finding it very easy to believe that Daeg's Michael could grow up to be Tyler's Michael. I believe I even mentioned that in my review. But there were others who just found it preposterous that Daeg could ever grow to be that tall.

Two YEARS later, it's not looking so unlikely, is it? :p

Nibbz
09-30-2009, 01:25 PM
two laters later? :p

but yeah, at the time I had a little trouble believing it. but after watching it multiple times, and actually seeing him somewhat grow a little from the earlier scenes, to the scenes at smiths grove (which were filmed a couple weeks after the first scenes as noted in the 4.5 hour doc) I became convinced that he could grow into tyler mane lol

Scarface
09-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Well, it has been two years since RZH.

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Damn...a rare EOTL typo...get your licks in while you can, fuckers. :p

Michael Voorhees
09-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Holy shit! EOTL made a typo? The end of the world must be coming.

And I can tell that Daeg has lost the babyfat, but I haven't heard his voice recently.