PDA

View Full Version : Colin

Muse
07-28-2009, 06:06 AM
Ok, if nothing else, this film is just plain interesting. Can read about it here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/8170551.stm

But basically, it's a zombie movie shot in London/Wales I think, over an 18 month period... for a budget of 45. And now it's been picked up for a cinema release. The trailer looks ok, I have to say. Nothing outstanding and a bit tacky in parts, but what the hell can you expect from 45?! I'm not sure where this is gonna get released, if it'll be over in the US or not, but damn, this whole thing has just interested me and if it's showing around me, I'll definitely go check it out, for curiosities sake.

Twisted Sister
07-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Not too shabby...of course, anything but Automaton Transfusion, the Day remake and somewhat Diary looks good now :).
Kidding aside, I really like the reality-style filming in zombie flicks, I think it works well for them and makes them more terrifying. It'll be interesting to see how this one does.

TouchMe4Money
07-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Kidding aside, I really like the reality-style filming in zombie flicks, I think it works well for them and makes them more terrifying.
Do you have any examples that fit that bill? I haven't been watching most of these new zombie movies.

zombie commando
07-29-2009, 07:11 AM
She liked Diary of the Dead.

Twisted Sister
07-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Not so much on the second viewing.

Try The Zombie Diaries for starters, I enjoyed it very much.

TouchMe4Money
07-30-2009, 12:46 PM
I'm just sort of doing research when I ask you that.

I hate realistic zombie films. Well... I liked some things about 28 Days Later (and yes, I think that qualifies) and think it's a great film. But these days I go seriously misty-eyed over the slow and steady, thick and heady, milkshakey Romero type zombie films. I miss the old days. The slow zombies. The atmosphere. Goblin and John Harrison doing scores that creep you out after the movies are over and make you look over your shoulder in the dark.

I guess I should figure that just about every film selling itself under the Zombie genre heading these days is super fast and goes for the realistic approach. Since the remake of Dawn of the Dead, people have afraid to do anything else.

Twisted Sister
07-30-2009, 07:12 PM
I agree with most of that. While 28 is not zombies, it's still of the same idea. Nothing will top Romero's zombies for me, but in the case of reality-type films, you may dig The Zombie Diaries. It's a British flick, and slow zombies.

TouchMe4Money
07-31-2009, 12:50 AM
I agree with most of that. While 28 is not zombies, it's still of the same idea.
It would be difficult to categorize it any other way. I consider any movie where people become human-creatures a zombie film. Including Romero's The Crazies and Cronenberg's Rabid and Shivers / They Came from Within. In fact, the true definition of a zombie is a brain-dead human.

I don't think all zombies eat people.

Nothing will top Romero's zombies for me, but in the case of reality-type films, you may dig The Zombie Diaries. It's a British flick, and slow zombies.
Just checking out the trailer now. Starts off great, like The Crazies. But then looks like it's getting too Blair Witch Project for my tastes (only with that green night-light thing). Though in this instance, I fully understand the appeal of realistic zombie films. Those people really don't seem to be acting.

Captain Mal
07-31-2009, 04:16 AM
Every time I see this thread title I think of the dog from Spaced :)