PDA

View Full Version : If it happened....

Rabbit in Red
10-17-2004, 05:14 PM
This isn't a game with scenarios, I would just like a detailed response to this question. If there was a zombie outbreak (going by the rules of the Romero Universe), what would it be like for you? Given this happens on a typical or routine day for you.

Heres mine.

@Home-I probably have a friend over watching tv or playing a little playstation 2. We notice a weird old guy walking down the middle of the street when.....Wham! He gets smoked by a car. This car runs the stopsign and into the highway (I live on the corner of a town street and Rt. 92). My friend and I can only look in amazement. We flip on the t.v. Numerous reports are comming in about mass attacks on the eastern third of the country now midwest. We then try and make contact with loved ones but it is no use. The accident wiped out phone lines. I ask him if we should leave somewhere or stay since we technically haven't seen these "crazy people" yet besides the old man. It's roughly around 6 pm now and the sun is going down. None of my family has made it home from work yet. Word has it that it has calmed down on the east coast a bit, but there is heavy conflict in Indianapolis. We start the process of baracading the windows and doors. We know we're screwed if someone comes and tries to help. But My friend has a 2 way walkie talkie with another friend who has his own apartment on main street. The 3rd friend says that about 5 or 6 are walking down main street as he speaks. Just then there is noise at the front door......

boogeyman87
10-17-2004, 05:23 PM
Well i would be at school. It would 6th period and i would be getting my stuff together to go home. When we hear a shriek outside the window and we see a teacher scrambling from the floor pounding on doors. We assume its a prank but some students have already left to see whats up. The ones who stay back(including me) watch as the ones who left are tackled by zombies and ripped apart while a few are just bitten and run away. Me and a few get up to run as the teacher trys to tell everyone to stay where they are. I make a break for it and out the gate running down the hall. I see people baracaded in class rooms watching me like their watching a man in his last few steps before getting hit by a car. I dodge arms grabing for me on the floor where the undead now lie. I make it to the corner with some other tagalongs to turn around see the school in flames and things runing for us. I continue to run...

Mr.G
10-17-2004, 07:35 PM
Even though I've played it through my mind (and nightmares) plenty of times....I pray that this will never occur.

Silverpsycho
10-17-2004, 10:00 PM
I would most likely be in my night class (6:30 - 10pm) at the Hayward extension campus...with my luck...as this is mainly the only time I am away from home along with other night classes scattered throughout the week (MWTh). Most of the time I am at home on the net and/or doing hw.

In the situation, I would probably be in my Shakespeare class (well I would want to since the building that this class is held in feels as though it should be in a dead film!) and find the hallways slowly crawling with the living dead. I would panic right off the bat...freak in fact. A majority of the guys in class would try to board up or barricade the door in some way while i'd probably fumble around with my cell phone and try to call home and my best friend. After that, I would actually gain control of myself and think about my zombie films...and think of what to do and what not to do. But after making sure the door is safe (as the windows are too high on the level my Shakespeare class is in), all I really could do with my fellow classmates and professor is just keep calm and wait. That's all I could do. Although after much time elapsing, I would feel extremely vulnerable within the first 24 hours because I am attached to my parents, little brother and my best friend...I would want to be with them, so I'd eventually lose it.

Now if I could choose anywhere to be in a time like this...then Costco! Someone had mentioned this on the Zombie Army or Shaun Squad (I forget which) and I thought it was a great idea if it could be properly barricaded from the living dead. There is tons of food, clothing, entertainment and lots more to live off of for awhile benefitting at least a minimum of 300 people (just guessing). Plus there is a huge freezer in case if a few zombies/dead got in and were shot to their ultimate death and rotting away...they could be stored w/out harming the living quarters. I prefer this place over my local mall any day...even though I'd probably have a lot more fun in the mall if it were barricaded properly and was livable throughout. I'd be in Spencer's Gifts and Suncoast daily! Then I'd go in JC Penney's just to say the infamous words that Peter spoke...I know you know them ;)

Rabbit in Red
10-18-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Mr.G
Even though I've played it through my mind (and nightmares) plenty of times....I pray that this will never occur. It's funny you say this because this thread originated from a nightmare I had a couple of nights ago. I guess my next question is, how long would you guys last?

boogeyman87
10-18-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit in Red
It's funny you say this because this thread originated from a nightmare I had a couple of nights ago. I guess my next question is, how long would you guys last?

Well pyshcially i hope for a couple months, but mentally i might last for 4 or 5 weeks. This is getting me interested in writing a story.

Mr.G
10-18-2004, 06:05 PM
I doubt I'd last long. Knowing my luck I'd be the sucker who goes after a recently dead good looking woman.....damn hormones.

Rabbit in Red
10-20-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by boogeyman87
Well pyshcially i hope for a couple months, but mentally i might last for 4 or 5 weeks. This is getting me interested in writing a story.

I've been tempted to write an anthology. If you're interested in collaborating let me know.

Hall9ween
10-20-2004, 01:00 PM
I would probably be on the bus going to college.

A raving mad person would run in front of the bus and get run over. The driver would shout "Oh SHIT!" and skid the bus to a stop and most people standing up would fly forward. We all look up and see blood splattered on the windscreen.
The the living dead would start to run into the road, cars would skid to stops, and zombies would be basically jumping all over the place. A zombie would break through the bus doors and attack a woman, and she would be screaming. People are trying to help her, but it's too late. I would run up to the front and shout at the driver to start driving, but a zombie crashes through the window on the drivers' side and starts attacking the driver.

I run out of the bus, dodging and dipping the zombies, and I start running down a suburban alley way. I come out into a quiet peaceful road, and I see a car, open and with the keys in it. There is a bit of blood on it, but I get in any way. To my amazement the car starts, and I use it to drive home.

God knows what I will find there ...

Blackesteyes
10-25-2004, 01:59 PM
I'm in the middle of writing a short film exactly like this.

I would probably be up at my girlfriends, she lives about a mile and a half outside any housing estates, on what most would consider a small farm i guess. I'd walk down the road in the morning to go to work (the road to hers scares me so much at night, theres no lights just the moon and lots of trees.....)and would notice nothing unusual except maybe a car in the middle of the road half a mile along, where i wont be going as i cut through into the housing estates way before it. I'd see people wandering but lots of families walk there dogs at this time so nothing strange there. i walk through the car park and along to the road thaty run through my area, where the bus is idyling, again nothing weird, until i get closer and as i walk past realise that the windows are sprayed with blood inside and a couple of windows are cracked. Suddenly a shadow inside moves and two blank eyes stare out, just as i notice the lumbering figures approaching from the various streets around the bus stop. I realise that these people could in fact be dead and think "shit, im dreaming" until one creeps closer and i hear the nerve shredding moan over my shoulder. I dart away, along the road to my buddys house about 30 seconds away, and run through the door not caring whos in. Bad idea, his mum was out early and got attacked, turning later that morning and infecting the whole family. My bud appears at the top of the stairs and i probably cry, i've known him since i was 5. I run out and along to Gerrys, who lives in the same street. Luckily his parents are at work and hes unemployed so hes in bed, i wake him and make him see whats happening when a few undead wander outside his window. He has several swords and maces etc on his wall ( another factor that comes into play when i think about if this happened) and so we grab the best weapons and make for out other friends and family members, saving who we can whilst trying to keep our cool. From then on i have no idea where we'd go, but probably Asda or the community centre.

Oliver
10-26-2004, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by Hall9ween
I run out of the bus, dodging and dipping the zombies, and I start running down a suburban alley way. I come out into a quiet peaceful road, and I see a car, open and with the keys in it. There is a bit of blood on it, but I get in any way. To my amazement the car starts, and I use it to drive home.

God knows what I will find there ...

You wouldn't make it there, you'd die. Trying to drive a vehicle under such circumstances is highly inadvisable.

But, a zombie outbreak won't just turn in to a take over like most you have described. One infected person will be the start of it, that subject could bite up to 3 people in a public place before being restrained. Now, there's no telling how far the people who get bitten travel away before turning. The futher they go the worse it'll be because we'll want this to be contained. Similar circumstances will then happen to the 3 or so people who were bitten. There's no telling exactly how long, but at some point in the early goings of the outbreak people will discover what the nation is dealing with. The zombies aren't the dangerous part of it, its the humans ignorance towards them, and our inability as a society to keep a cool level head. It'll be all up to us weather the zombies start to over run us or not. I'd say its more likely a containable situation, destroying a few brains and cleaning up, obviously it'll take some time before its legal to kill an un-dead ghoul, and even when it is we'll all be encouraged just to avoid contact with them and stay in a safe place.

Basically, surviving a zombie outbreak isn't hard, and when the inevitable does occur, we'll see if we have it in ourselves to prevenmt it from ending civilisation as we know it.

Blackesteyes
10-26-2004, 07:23 AM
But then you hit upon the hard truth, that our species is generally ignorant to such things, be it from not wanting to beleive that its really happening, or just being an arrogant bastard, and eventually it will be the demise of our whole civilisation. If it really happened we would pretty much be fucked because by the time we realised what was happening many more would already be infected and it would be spreading rapidly by then, and the higher powers would have been sped off to a nuclear bunker while the rest of us fight for survival and eventually die because lets face it who wants to live in a world overrun by the undead?

Oliver
10-26-2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Blackesteyes
But then you hit upon the hard truth, that our species is generally ignorant to such things, be it from not wanting to beleive that its really happening, or just being an arrogant bastard, and eventually it will be the demise of our whole civilisation. If it really happened we would pretty much be fucked because by the time we realised what was happening many more would already be infected and it would be spreading rapidly by then, and the higher powers would have been sped off to a nuclear bunker while the rest of us fight for survival and eventually die because lets face it who wants to live in a world overrun by the undead?

Your talking about something that's incredibly slow here, people won't just allow it to stumble up to them and bite them if they witness first hand someone else getting attacked. Seriously, unless the solamun was released in to people all around the country, zombies are not going to over run us. It would take ages for the zombies to travel around the country anyway, by then people will have a plan.

Willminus2
10-26-2004, 08:36 AM
That is unless they were the fast zombies then all hell could break lose in a matter of hours in one location. If they were the slow zombies then I think the world could handle it.

This whole thing depends on the situation and how long you had to prepare for a zombie attack. If given news that an outbreak had occurred a state away then most could prepare and survive. If zombies just suddenly popped up on your doorstep then most would probably die. My house has too many windows, I'd have to flee for the roof, where I would probably end up starving to death.

Snoody
10-26-2004, 12:54 PM
Honestly, I know I would die.

So I would kinda do a suicide thing, dying knowing I won't be coming back as a zombie and without being eaten alive.

I am weak, I dont know how to use weapons, and I am pretty small. I would contribute nothing to a group of survivers.

So for me, it would be like......

"There's a zombie, shit."
*Buys a gun with 1 bullet*
*Finds a close friend*

Hall9ween
10-26-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Oliver
You wouldn't make it there, you'd die. Trying to drive a vehicle under such circumstances is highly inadvisable.

You assume that I'm a bad driver. Even though I am yet to pass my test, I believe I am a fairly good driver.

How do you know I wouldn't survive to my house? But anyway, thank you for the blunt answer, and the vote of confidence.

Bucky-lives
10-27-2004, 02:55 AM
i think this is the best thread i have ever seen. great.

i would be at home sleeping (lol) and i would wake to screams.
i would look outside my window and see people running from zombies. that's where the fun begins baby.... i would get my bat,
knife, whatever esle i could carry then i would go slaughter some zombies. i mean comon whos with me? you get to play stone cold steve austin and not go to prison for it? too good to pass up
i would open up the biggest can of whoop ass i could and if i got killed? well then i would open a can on the humans i guess lol but if there was enough of us we could over take them. i personally would take there legs out first . then i would smash smash smash brains. moohaha justice can be fun eh?

(just so you know i did not mean any reference to the whole stone cold / debra situation. i strictly meant his in ring ass kickin')

Bucky-lives
10-27-2004, 03:01 AM
actually i think we would all last. the police and army would wipe the cement with the zombies in no time at all. wouldn't they?
too much fire power and we are not that weak either. we should give ourselves a little more credit.

slasherx
10-27-2004, 09:49 AM
Oh, I think we'd be fucked for sure. Things would just deteriorate rapidly. The other problem, besides the zombies would be the living. If you were lucky enough to reach a secure location, you'd be trapped there and resourses would dwindle in time. It may become a battle of survival of the fittest. Very tense environment. Everyone would become unhinged with the shock and death and, well, boredom. Imagine sitting around for hours and days and weeks. No T.V. or running water. Just you and a diverse number of strangers all sitting around stareing at each other and getting on each others nerves as things just get bleaker and bleaker. Foods going fast, and people are already complaining because so-and-so's not helping out or eating more than their share. Jealousies would erupt, cliques would form. UGLY.

If it went down? I'd get my ass out to the country, like to an orchard or something. I'd set up in a place out in the wide open so I could see those dead bastards coming a mile away.

Willminus2
10-27-2004, 10:17 AM
Okay fine we'll divide this into several categories actually 6. Number 1) Slow zombies pop up in New York.

Well I live in Kentucky and so with that I'm not sure what I would do. Probably stay here and watch the news and hope things didn't get to here. I might start to stockpile some food and water and maybe fortify my home a little bit, but I'd have to continue going to work and such. Because honestly I figure that the authorities and government could handle them.

Situation 2) Fast Zombies pop up in New York

Oh crap is the first thing that comes out of my mind, as I hurredly go to the store and buy plenty of shells for my shotgun on my credit card of course because hell I'll never have to pay that back I figure. Then I go to the store and buy whatever food and water and containers for water that I can. Then I get my butt in a car and drive to the country where my parents live and take my dogs cage with me (good safe place to sleep I figure). I stop off to get my fiancee on the way there and then go to my parents house and start fortifying the house. Once there hoping that things don't escalate faster than one month I use my dad's truck and my tools and such and start building a wall around the house. A very tall wall, then I continue to horde all kinds of food and water and just hope that the government can somehow handle the situation.

3) Slow zombies pop up at my front door.

I let my dogs outside and suddenly I see a slow zombie walking up the street. Oh crap I think!! I call my dogs inside and quickly shut the door. I slide my couch in front of the door and flip it over, then I grab whatever bottled water I have in the house and some bread and start climbing up to the roof. The roof is pretty high so I'm hoping it'll keep them away. I carry the dogs up there and their cage which is pretty big and difficult to get up there. Hoping that the zombie doesn't get in before I can get to the roof.

4) Fast zombie shows up down the street

Oh crap!! I'd probably freak out and just run to the car and try to get the crap out of there. I don't have very many weapons in the house except for a crow bar and a baseball bat but I figure that I'm screwed if I stay at my house, too many windows and these things can climb. So I take my chances on the road hoping that I can get to the country. I'd probably die.

Scenario 5) Slow zombies show up in the city but not immediately close by.

Okay I think, I've got to get someplace that'll be more safe. So I pack up and get out of the city by taking country roads and such until I get to the country.

Scenario 6) Fast zombies show up in the city.

I get the house ready for an attack. I use book shelves, couches, anything I can to fortify myself in one room and then hope to goodness order comes back and someone comes to rescue me.

Bucky-lives
10-27-2004, 03:35 PM
oh cripes i forgot about fast zombies. ok if they were fast? i would hide until i couldn't hide anymore then i would give them all i had. but i would need guns for the fast ones.

Bucky-lives
10-28-2004, 03:04 AM
ok who is with me...? who would fight? it would be legal to act like jason or Michael... wouldn't any of you love the chance lol
i would put on my Michael mask and i would start to breathe heavy and those damn zombies better get me quick or else.

slasherx
10-28-2004, 07:18 AM
Just waitin' to let those demons out ain't cha?

slasherx
10-28-2004, 09:52 AM
You know, if I was holed up somewhere with a bunch a people looking down the into the 'abyss', the end of the world... shit... it would be time for some sexual healin'. I'd be quick to suggest that we all take off our clothes and jump into a big pile in the middle of the floor. IT'D BE TIME TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER!!! GET YOUR KICKS GODDAMNIT!!!

Hall9ween
10-28-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Bucky-lives
ok who is with me...? who would fight? it would be legal to act like jason or Michael... wouldn't any of you love the chance lol
i would put on my Michael mask and i would start to breathe heavy and those damn zombies better get me quick or else.

I'm not with you.

Nothing personal or anything. But if you just go outside and stand there in your Michael Myers mask breathing heavily, you would be dead in under a minute. The living dead will not be afraid of your mask or your breathing. Think about it.

Halloween78
10-28-2004, 09:50 PM
I would break out my 12 gauge double barrel shotgun and take as many of them to hell with me as I could. Hell, I might even live! All I know is that the zombies, for their sake, better be kung fu fast. 'Cause if their not, I will definently fu*k them up!

Oliver
10-29-2004, 07:34 AM
You assume that I'm a bad driver. Even though I am yet to pass my test, I believe I am a fairly good driver.

How do you know I wouldn't survive to my house? But anyway, thank you for the blunt answer, and the vote of confidence.

Not even a brilliant driver could get through a situation like that, unless he or she had the ability to pull a chitty chitty bang bang and fly over the carnage. People will freak out and panic in a situation like that, vehicles will crash everywhere, hell, that would be more dangerous than the zombies themselves.

I'm not trying to shit on your confidence, but, well I am because your first answer was ridiculous. Run out of a bus and dodge through all the zombies, if that's really what your thinking of doing in an outbreak, then you'll die.

Its unlikely anyway that you'll find yourself in a situation where the reanimated corpses dominate the streets, its not like this is a fast spreading thing, when bitten the subject will take a while before turning, unless its bitten in the neck which is unlikely because its only human instinct to try and prevent being brutally attacked in such a vital area.

Running zombies, well, it would be a very bad situation, maybe a lot of people armed with guns and LOTS of ammo and then a very organised and safe shelter. Its very hard to shoot the attackers in the head when they swarm you from too many directions. However it shouldn't really be touched upon, solamun reanimates a corpse to be slow, a running zombie outbreak isn't gonna happen.

Hall9ween
10-29-2004, 02:49 PM
I first answered this thread 'cause I thought it was a bit of fun.

Who the fuck knows where I would be if a zombie outbreak did happen. If I was on a bus, then that is what I would do. What else would I do? Sit on my ass and wait for death? I don't fucking think so.

I didn't ask you to reply to my post with all these "logical" answers that you are throwing at me, but I don't know if I should trust them as though you list your favourite Halloween film as, Dawn of the Dead. And saying that my answer is ridiculous -- I don't appreciate your cocky attitude that you like to display across the net.

I hope you enjoy your stay here at the OHMB. :yar:

Halloween78
10-30-2004, 11:33 PM
Come on people. This is supposed to be a stupid silly fun thread. There is no need in getting too serious. Take a look at what we're disscusing. Zombies.

Nuff said.

Oliver
10-31-2004, 01:21 AM
I first answered this thread 'cause I thought it was a bit of fun.

Who the fuck knows where I would be if a zombie outbreak did happen. If I was on a bus, then that is what I would do. What else would I do? Sit on my ass and wait for death? I don't fucking think so.

I didn't ask you to reply to my post with all these "logical" answers that you are throwing at me, but I don't know if I should trust them as though you list your favourite Halloween film as, Dawn of the Dead. And saying that my answer is ridiculous -- I don't appreciate your cocky attitude that you like to display across the net.

I hope you enjoy your stay here at the OHMB. :yar:

No you shouldn't 'sit on your ass and wait for death' but to think your going to run out on to the zombie infested streets and dodge through them is ridiculous. You call me cocky, but saying you'll drive a car through such a disaster and everything will pan out like an action movie is pure arrogance.

I have seen people give worse answers however like 'I'll just use a chainsaw on the mothers.' And the person in this thread who said he would use a zombie take over to 'open a can of whoop ass' definetly needs to be brought back to earth.

Cars and other vehicles of that kind are out of the question, you'll be driving through a wrecked street that paniced people have destroyed. If a car doesn't crash in to you and kill you then the jammed streets will prevent you from even moving. Then you'll be boxed in to your car for the zombies, really, what a place to be stuck. If you must travel then you'll want to use a bike, something you can easily ditch and run away from on foot.

Secondly, guns are a very bad idea, especially the big ones that you'll struggle to carry. You don't want something that's going to make a loud noise, that'll get every zombie in the area on to you. I'd recommend carrying a pistol to be used strictly in an emergency when there's no other option. Otherwise a machete works best, its light, but deadly and can penetrate through the skull.

Also, reinforce your house. Use your garden to grow a vegetable patch, you can't count on looting shops for your nourishment needs (the shops will all be looted before you know it.)

Anyway, if you find that every person in your area is a zombie, one needn't worry too much, soon enough help will arrive and the clean up operation will begin.

Halloween78
10-31-2004, 12:19 PM
Buddy, I said that I was gonna get my shotgun, go outside, and go Ash on all of the zombies! This thread is all about fun, ya know, what would be cool to do. I wouldn't really go outside with my shotgun. I would be scared shitless. So lighten up! A zombie invasion isn't going to happen anytime soon. So if Hall9ween wants to say that he'll dodge a bunch of them and get in a car and drive away, LET HIM!!!

Jeez! I'v never seen somebody get so serious over a stupid zombie question.

Hall9ween
10-31-2004, 12:21 PM
^^ Exactly what I was tempted to post (that, or something like that).

This is supposed to be a bit of fun. Oliver, you sound as if you are expecting the coming armageddon of the world, and that you have a serious plan for a zombie infestation. Well you know what, I don't think it is going to happen ...

Halloween78
10-31-2004, 12:29 PM
Oh well. I think I speak for everybody when I say, we forgive Oliver. He just took this thread a little too seriously. We've all done it before. He wasn't the first and won't be the last.

Oh did I mention that after I shot a crapload of the zombies with my shotgun, I get my chainsaw and go willy nilly on all those bit**es!:D

Oliver
11-01-2004, 12:19 AM
Please don't make jokes about such a serious topic. I'd never go in to a thread discussing what you'd do in a terrorist attack or what would happen if the president or the queen was assasinated and joke about it.

A zombie outbreak is inevitable. Solamun happens to be stashed around the globe in all sorts of places and as scientists are unable to recognise it until it infects someone, there's no way of securing up the perimeters.

You people who actually know about zombies should be ashamed of yourselves. For doubting the seriousness of an outbreak and then making jokes and plotting elaborate surviving methods (which by the way are gonna get you killed in a matter of seconds) We should all be telling as many people as we can about zombies and how to deal with them. And if you don't have the zombie survival guide book written by Max Brookes then shame on you again and purchase it quick!

I am as prepared as I can be for a zombie outbreak. Unfortunately I only have the time to do half the things we're supposed to do. Still, I'm confident in my survival for this, I have no confidence in others who will refuse to kill their former family members or friends and allow this plague to spread.

Hall9ween
11-01-2004, 01:17 AM
Wow. You really do think that a zombie outbreak is going to happen don't you? I have to say that I fear you may be wrong.

C'mon, the whole world overtaken by the living dead, that's the sort of thing movies are made of .......... oh, yea. It is a movie.

Maybe you should stop believing all you see in the movie theatre.

NeewollaH
11-01-2004, 04:50 AM
Because of my general surroundings, I know I'd probably band up with some friends at school and lock ourselves underneath the dining hall. There is only one door to get in, it's triple bolted, and we could easily push a dumpster in front of it. As for weapons, I'm sure we'd have to use whatever we could, but we'd be set for food for at least 5 years.

This is a solid thread, and there were some interesting replies. Keep 'em coming guys.

NeewollaH
11-01-2004, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Oliver
Please don't make jokes about such a serious topic. I'd never go in to a thread discussing what you'd do in a terrorist attack or what would happen if the president or the queen was assasinated and joke about it.

A zombie outbreak is inevitable. Solamun happens to be stashed around the globe in all sorts of places and as scientists are unable to recognise it until it infects someone, there's no way of securing up the perimeters.

You people who actually know about zombies should be ashamed of yourselves. For doubting the seriousness of an outbreak and then making jokes and plotting elaborate surviving methods (which by the way are gonna get you killed in a matter of seconds) We should all be telling as many people as we can about zombies and how to deal with them. And if you don't have the zombie survival guide book written by Max Brookes then shame on you again and purchase it quick!

I am as prepared as I can be for a zombie outbreak. Unfortunately I only have the time to do half the things we're supposed to do. Still, I'm confident in my survival for this, I have no confidence in others who will refuse to kill their former family members or friends and allow this plague to spread.

I hope you are kidding. If you are not, I laugh at your easily led soul. A Zombie outbreak as described in Fulci, Romero and cheesy low budget zombie flicks will never happen. The minute you start living in the real world, I'm sure you'll figure that out.

InsomniacDown
11-01-2004, 08:04 AM
A Zombie outbreak will never happen, dont take it so seriously Oliver.

But anyways back to the topic. I would most likely be at my house and I would learn of the outbreak. I would load up as many supplies that I could carry and get out of town as quick as I could. I would bring my boat and go to a nearby lake and stay there until help arrived. I would have plenty of water to drink and fish to eat. I would cook them on the lake shore because the Zombies wouldnt come near the fire. When I had to sleep I would go out to the middle of the lake and drop my anchor.

Oliver
11-01-2004, 08:23 AM
Maybe you should stop believing all you see in the movie theatre.

The movies tend to bring up some very inaccurate points. Especially in Day of the Dead with Bub basically having his memory triggered. In reality a zombie wouldn't carry any memory whatsoever, and could never be reasoned with on any levels.

Oliver
11-01-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by NeewollaH
Because of my general surroundings, I know I'd probably band up with some friends at school and lock ourselves underneath the dining hall. There is only one door to get in, it's triple bolted, and we could easily push a dumpster in front of it. As for weapons, I'm sure we'd have to use whatever we could, but we'd be set for food for at least 5 years.

That idea seems good, just ask yourself who else knows about this place (I'd imagine the people in your school would) and would you be prepared to fight for this shelter?

Anyway, the plan is promising, its a shame that you doubt the outbreak though, kind of takes the idea apart. I'd recommend putting your plan in to practice, find out how quick you can make it to this shelter and find out if there's time to fetch your family.

Oliver
11-01-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by InsomniacDown
A Zombie outbreak will never happen, dont take it so seriously Oliver.

But anyways back to the topic. I would most likely be at my house and I would learn of the outbreak. I would load up as many supplies that I could carry and get out of town as quick as I could. I would bring my boat and go to a nearby lake and stay there until help arrived. I would have plenty of water to drink and fish to eat. I would cook them on the lake shore because the Zombies wouldnt come near the fire. When I had to sleep I would go out to the middle of the lake and drop my anchor.

Sounds good, but your going to do this alone? I hope you have at least 1 other companion that you'd intend to bring that your not telling us about. Hopefully the lake you find is deep, zombies will fall in to the water after you, you'll want them to sink, if its shallow enough they'll just come right at you.

Going back to why its best you have some numbers accompanying you, its highly advisable that whilst you sleep one person stays awake on look out. You don't know what could happen, and you'd certainly wouldn't want to never wake up alive again because you didn't take proper precortions.

Fish is good but you will need a better balanced diet to stay healthy, make plans to go off the boat at times and search for food. Help should arrive for you soon enough so you wouldn't have to get used to permanently risking your lives.

Hall9ween
11-01-2004, 10:11 AM
Wow, this thread has sort of been overtaken by you, Oliver.

I don't think I shall listen to stuff in here anymore, and it's a shame. People have told you numerous times that this is supposed to be a bit of fun, but you have come in here ignoring us all and acting as if there really is a zombie invasion. I feel that now you are doing it just to take the piss.

So from me, it's goodbye.

Oliver
11-01-2004, 10:16 AM
Wow, this thread has sort of been overtaken by you, Oliver.

I don't think I shall listen to stuff in here anymore, and it's a shame. People have told you numerous times that this is supposed to be a bit of fun, but you have come in here ignoring us all and acting as if there really is a zombie invasion. I feel that now you are doing it just to take the piss.

So from me, it's goodbye.

Its fun for me too, I just happen to take the matter very seriously.

slasherx
11-01-2004, 10:52 AM
If Oliver isn't bullshitin' us then DAMN. This guy is either living in his parent's basement or in, like, some 1 room efficency APT. with like only a plate and one spoon and two changes of clothes.

Man you gotta be shittin' us dude. It aint gonna happen. It's not the dead you gotta worry about, it's the living. Like those FBI and CIA mother fuckers that'll bug your phone and watch your movements through your television set. Man, did you know that now they have ways to read your thoughts (via microchips implanted in the soles of your tennis shoes) and they'll check your excrement through underground filltering plants, that see what your diet is made of, so they can target specific food commodities to you through magizines and McDonalds?? McDonald's is taking over I tell ya!!! Clown Nazis are everywhere!! Wait, my God, what's that?? That fucking blue monkey just crawled up the side of my house again, SHIT!!!

(heh heh heh). Join us dude. Reality's out there. Get it?

Oliver
11-01-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by slasherx
If Oliver isn't bullshitin' us then DAMN. This guy is either living in his parent's basement or in, like, some 1 room efficency APT. with like only a plate and one spoon and two changes of clothes.

Man you gotta be shittin' us dude. It aint gonna happen. It's not the dead you gotta worry about, it's the living. Like those FBI and CIA mother fuckers that'll bug your phone and watch your movements through your television set. Man, did you know that now they have ways to read your thoughts (via microchips implanted in the soles of your tennis shoes) and they'll check your excrement through underground filltering plants, that see what your diet is made of, so they can target specific food commodities to you through magizines and McDonalds?? McDonald's is taking over I tell ya!!! Clown Nazis are everywhere!! Wait, my God, what's that?? That fucking blue monkey just crawled up the side of my house again, SHIT!!!

(heh heh heh). Join us dude. Reality's out there. Get it?

Man, of course I'm bull shitting. If that wasn't crystal clear to you then your just as stupid as your implying I am. Now please, this is about the zombie outbreak, I'd prefer it if we were in character.

slasherx
11-01-2004, 02:08 PM
Aw, I'm stupid now for callin' you out eh? Whatever man. You write bullshit like that then your asking for it.

It ain't like we can see your face when your doing the shit, and unfortunately your being in character sounded silly, but whatever... I ain't gonna sweat it.

Silverpsycho
11-01-2004, 03:53 PM
I thought so! Good stuff Oliver...LOL! :D
You did have me going at some points ;)

slasherx
11-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Yeah, HA HA, very funny mother fuckas ;)

I ain't no hard guy.

zombie commando
11-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Am I a bad person if I judge people by how well I think they'd hold up in a zombie holocaust?

Halloween78
11-02-2004, 12:15 PM
Good one Oliver! You really did have me going as well! Now about that zombies attacking thing.......

Blackesteyes
11-02-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando
Am I a bad person if I judge people by how well I think they'd hold up in a zombie holocaust?

nah man, do it myself occasionally, it probably makes you a bad person when you think about who youd sacrifice tho, hehehehehe.

Blackesteyes
11-02-2004, 02:12 PM
I dont treat the whole zombie thing as a complete joke, it might be unlikely but it aint impossible, so i'll be staying slightly on edge about the whole zombie subject just in case. And Fuck! i never thought about running zombies, shit if it was running zombies i'd be dead in second, i wouldnt have time to let that shit sink in before i got attacked.

Rabbit in Red
11-02-2004, 02:20 PM
Goddamn I didn't think this thread was gunna catch on. Great stuff guys. I like how involved some of you got......Oliver. Lets just try and keep this stuff on a lighter note. I like the way people have branched out with ideas, but I'm more interested in the Romero universe. Slow Zombies. Timeline is the same.

1st day to 2 weeks-initial panic, still looks like everything is gunna be ok

2 weeks to 2 months-shit starts to hit the fan, major cities crumble and refugees find their own safeholds

2 months to 2 years-something like 100,000 zombies to 1 living

2 years to 4 years-small societies pop up

4 years on-nomadic lifestyles come about with the occasional dead.

15 years later-the new world comes of age. World population now a measly 5 million.

50 years later-society resumes normality

You guys can now write how you would get through the timeline or elaborate a little on what I have written.

Blackesteyes
11-02-2004, 02:41 PM
I think it would be different for us in the UK, mainly in numbers etc. If it were slow zombies, and i managed to survive til i got to a friends house and stock up on weapons etc, then i'd make my way across my town with what friends i could muster up, and probably head for Asda to atleast get food etc. Depending on how bad it got we could live there with whatever other survivors were left and as long as there was a constant watch on the doors and windows it would be relatively safe. Theres decent sports/diy equipment that can be used as weapons and a top floor for clothing that could be converted into a living quarters suitable for about 30 people, plus storage areas in the back that could also be converted. Cumbernauld is a small town compared to Glasgow and Edinburgh so it wouldnt be too hard to stay alive.

zombie commando
11-02-2004, 05:07 PM
nah man, do it myself occasionally, it probably makes you a bad person when you think about who youd sacrifice tho, hehehehehe. LOL!

Halloween78
11-02-2004, 10:27 PM
50 years? I can't even decide what I'm eating tomorrow! Oh boy. This is gonna be tough.

Halloween78
11-03-2004, 09:04 PM
And plus, at least the internet will always be here!

Blackesteyes
11-04-2004, 04:29 AM
Thats a good point actually, we'd be able to get some kind of message to other people thru the net even if all the phones were fucked, shit i never thought of that.

slasherx
11-04-2004, 07:10 AM
Well, there's no internet if there's no one operating the powerplants to give us electricity. No electricity=no net.

Halloween78
11-04-2004, 11:49 AM
That's why God made generators my friend.

slasherx
11-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Yeah, we got 'em alright. And they cease to run and turn cold when nobody's there to push the buttons and supply the fossil fuels (coal) and regulate the flow of water through the turbines or raise and lower the uranium rods... etc. etc.. What're you thinkin' pal? We've got worker droids to do all this? Yeah, and tap water's gonna be a memory as well. Sorry. No more internet porn. :cool:

But if your talking about the gas powered kind, well... your fucked when the gas is gone. But I suppose it might work for a bit, I don't know. What are the limitations of transmitting and receiving from a gas powered server?? Now you've got me wondering....

Halloween78
11-04-2004, 12:59 PM
I'm sorry, but it'll be a long freakin time befor the gass runs out if there are only a few people using the stuff.

slasherx
11-04-2004, 01:13 PM
True dat, but there's still the whole thing of gettin' to it. Once the dead know where your at, they ain't goin' anywhere, and others are gonna keep showin' up huh? But I'm sure your familar with the whole scenerio and concept.

But keep venturing out there, skipper, if 'www.Girls n' Horses.com' are that important to ya. Heh heh.:D

Rabbit in Red
11-04-2004, 01:37 PM
I never thought of the net. How long after a complete disaster like the one described in Romero's universe would it take society to return to a state of normality.

slasherx
11-04-2004, 01:54 PM
Who could possiblly tell? The good thing is that we wouldn't be reduced to the stone age. All of our junk would still be laying around. Everything from hammers to Apt. complexes to cars wainting to be fueled again. Think 'The Road Warrior".

I think it would be GREAT to thin out the herd. The strong (and lucky) would survive. We would form regional tribes and clans... extended families and such. Hopefully we would have learned from history's mistakes. We could rebuild ourselves into something a little more Utopian. That's why I'm hopeing some big 5 mile wide hunk of iron smacks itself into the side of this planet soon.:D

Halloween78
11-04-2004, 09:46 PM
I think normality would return quickly. All of you have underestimated the UNITED STATES MILITARY!!!

Blackesteyes
11-05-2004, 06:19 AM
God i hope you're kidding..............

slasherx
11-05-2004, 10:09 AM
And FUCK normality. You want MORE of this same shit?

Rabbit in Red
11-05-2004, 01:48 PM
I meant civilized living, unfearing the dead.

Halloween78
11-07-2004, 02:54 PM
God i hope you're kidding..............

No, I wasn't kidding. What I wanna know is what do some of you people have against the U.S. military? In real life you know they'd fu*k these zombies up. Sorry, but only a retard would say they wouldn't. The military has hundreds of guys(ie Delta Force) that can hit people in the head from well over a 1000 yards away. Not to mention the vast asortment of weaponry this country has.

Ok, I'm done with my rant know.:D ;)

Halloween78
11-07-2004, 09:06 PM
I guess everybody's tired of this thread huh?

SpawnOfEvil
11-07-2004, 09:27 PM
Oooooh. Hmm. A zombie scenario. Let's see....what I would do...

Hard to think. Let's see. I'd probably be at school, middle of the day. During lunch period or something. I hang around the campus while lunch cuz the cafeteria food sucks. I spend my time on the computer in my class period that I have after lunch. I'd see an odd, pale person staggering around outside(I'd pray to god these are slow zombies) At first I'd make nothing of it and keep on messin on the pc. Then I'd hear a scream outside. I'd see another student outside being attacked by the man so thinking he's just an average joe, I'd get up and go outside all, ya know "Whassup bitch? You wanna fucking attack minors?" Grab him and probably sock him in the jaw. I'd check on the student, to see that they've been bitten and have a wound on their body. That's when I'd go and just kick the guy right in the friggin face before he gets up again. I'd take the student to the nurses office and see that they get patched up. Lunch ends and classes resume so students are back. I go out to return to class, that's when I see buddy's back up to his tricks again and biting another student. I'm about to go up and bust his chops again when I hear the nurse run out screaming, holding a part of her body that's bleeding. The student that first got bit come walking out the door with blood on their mouth. So I say to myself "what the hell?" Then I see another person farther away attack another student. I look around and see random zombies appearing out of the trees and from out of houses and stuff. I turn and see the student I helped is on me. Regardless, boy or girl, I elbow them smack dab in the head and turn heel for the main building. I'd find one of my friends that have a big vehicle, grab as many people as we can squeeze into it. The...what to call it..I guess the biased part you could say, of me would grab the closest friends we have and we'd go to whatever place has good supplies. I'd wanna go to my place, cuz we literally have guns out the fucking ying yang. Plus there I have friends and my parents, plus my little dog Chachi. I could never leave him. I'd go in, grab the guns and ammo we have, distribute them to myself, my friend and whoever else knew how to use one. I'd grab my dog, and the keys to our Blazer, hop in there with my dog, friend and parents, load the few gas cans we have and travel on with the other friends in the car. And with the empty space we have in the Blazer, I'd go and pick a few more survivors up. Yeah that's what I'd do. Whether we'd survive or not, I don't really know.

I shit you guys not though, we are oddly equipped for such a situation. My dad's got three full cans of gas and a shit load of guns and ammo.

Now, second scenario. If the zombies were fast zombies? I'd try to make it home, grab the .33 and chainsaw. Bust out some Ash shit and fight it out until I died. Cuz I'd probably snap if the zombies were fast.

slasherx
11-08-2004, 05:46 AM
Well Halloween 78, what if things went bad inside of the military structure? Guns and ammo only go so far without being resupplied. Once contact was broken off from the rest of the world, and you've got hoards of the bastards waiting for you outside on the perimeter, well... they'd be holed up like everyone eles watching that food and fresh water slip away, albeit they'd last longer than civilians. But they'd still be outnumbered by a bunch of flesh eaters that NEVER rest. It would be just a matter of time.

Halloween78
11-08-2004, 10:43 AM
See, I'll go for that. Thank you slasherx for the intelligent response. I just hate it when people say stuff like "You're kidding right?"

SpawnOfEvil great post!

slasherx
11-08-2004, 02:31 PM
Got that back brother.

Blackesteyes
11-09-2004, 03:28 AM
The thing is that we are probably more ready for a zombie epidemic than the military. The military, and not just the U.S but pretty much all policing forces around the world would struggle to come to terms with the fact that the dead were walking, and it would fall to chaos. Sure after a while whatever surviving military forces would eventually come to terms with it and try to make a plan but at first they would be just as bad as the rest of us, only with big, fuck off guns that would probably add more chaos when they start gunning down civilians and then they in turn get up and attack.

slasherx
11-09-2004, 06:18 AM
The big difference is in resources and hardware. Mr. Maynard Wilson doesn't have thousands of M-1 tanks at his disposal. Also, you just know that the elites are gonna gather togather on some tropical island somewhere and avoid the whole mess. That's why I perfer the zombie thing being spead through bites as well as folks just up and dying, only to come back. I'd hate to think that the stinking rich wouldn't have to deal with the epidemic, and those fucks have got it coming worse than anyone.:D

Halloween78
11-09-2004, 12:28 PM
I disagree. You shouldn't have anything against the rich just because they're rich. If you have 10 million dollars, more power to ya.

slasherx
11-09-2004, 02:07 PM
Yeah... and less power to me. Fuck 'em top 1%ers. They dictate your LIFE. They OWN you, buddy. I'll hate 'em if I want. I'm not down with ANYONE determining the dominant context of my life without askin' some real good questions about it. I'll ALWAYS resist being someone eles' commodity. Yeah, yeah... consumerism IS the meaning of life, but I ain't gonna accept it so easily. I'm not gonna live on my knees all blind and shit. Be a fuckin' tool if you want to. Not me. I used to work for one of the super elite. A fuckin' BILLONARE. You want to talk real evil... you just don't know and that's really all it is to it sucka.

Rabbit in Red
11-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Yeah... and less power to me. Fuck 'em top 1%ers. They dictate your LIFE. They OWN you, buddy. I'll hate 'em if I want. I'm not down with ANYONE determining the dominant context of my life without askin' some real good questions about it. I'll ALWAYS resist being someone eles' commodity. Yeah, yeah... consumerism IS the meaning of life, but I ain't gonna accept it so easily. I'm not gonna live on my knees all blind and shit. Be a fuckin' tool if you want to. Not me. I used to work for one of the super elite. A fuckin' BILLONARE. You want to talk real evil... you just don't know and that's really all it is to it sucka.

Wooleys gone ape shit.

slasherx
11-10-2004, 08:07 AM
Crazy ain't it? Price to pay when you open your eyes.

Oliver
11-10-2004, 09:12 AM
Guns and the US military could probably help us, at least for a short while. I imagine it wouldn't take long to realise that one must detroy the brain (shoot them in the head) of the zombies. However, I think its gonna take a while to figure out how it spreads, through biting. Once people are rounded up in to rescue stations, injured people will be among them. These people will die and reanimate in the middle of the room among tonnes of people. By the time they did discover that it is the bites that spreads it, it would be too late.

Mr. Bruce
11-15-2004, 01:16 AM
Work...
I was thinking about this a while ago at work. If it happen to me at my old work spot i wouldn't really have to worry about shit because the gates where locked up and a good 6 feet high so nobody could of jumped them. Then i would of just got up on the floor of the building and just chiled until an air plane came and got me or until i died of thirst.

Home...
If this shit would of happen to me while i was at home. I would of just sealed in all of the windows doors and everything and just chiled until someone came and got us or until we too died.

DREAM WORLD...
I have had a few werid as hell dreams about fighting zombies and shit in the dream world they are pretty fucking cool.

First...
My frist one was when me and my homies where like in a hospital type place and we went around killing zombies and shit. Then they over powered us and took out my other 2 homies and we went into an era and busted out the window and all of the sudden the people from the Res Evil movies came in and busted out all of the windows too and found me then they got into an elevator with me and we started going up. He told me it was time for me to retire and i aggreed and it was werid cause in the dream all of the sudden i was this 50 year old dude and i gave him a dap like i we was 20 year old homies and shit and then i woke up. The dream dont sound very fresh but if you where there it was the shit.

Second...
This one is even crazyer i was in a gun shop with like 10 other people and they gave me all of these guns and all this kick ass shit and i got all of this metal armor shit around my hole entire body. I then modifed my car into a body armored car too and i then went out into the streets and kicked some major ass. It was the shit i then came home and found my mom and grandma and grandpa zombies i killed my grandparents but i couldnt bring myslef into killing my own mother so i just locked myslef in my bedroom and went to bed.

slasherx
11-15-2004, 05:42 AM
Nice^^^

You should adapt your dreams into a comic book format and make MILLIONS:D You could have a whole dream anthology! 7 issues in, you could write it so that the lines of reality have blurred and the reader can't tell what's real and what's a dream.

SpawnOfEvil
11-15-2004, 06:55 AM
My mom bought me the Unrated DVD for Dawn Of The Dead and I was watching it. On second thought, I don't think I'd have the mental capacity to deal with it if there were fast zombies. If they were slow I could probably keep my cool and survive for a good while.

Mr. Bruce
11-15-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by SpawnOfEvil
My mom bought me the Unrated DVD for Dawn Of The Dead and I was watching it. On second thought, I don't think I'd have the mental capacity to deal with it if there were fast zombies. If they were slow I could probably keep my cool and survive for a good while. I know the fast little fuckers would get me really fucking quick.

Halloween78
11-18-2004, 12:10 PM
Yeah... and less power to me. Fuck 'em top 1%ers. ... you just don't know and that's really all it is to it sucka.

I don't mean to keep going on about this. You have your views and I have mine. However, believe it or not, most rich people had to work for their money. Two years ago I was about as poor as someone could be. I slept in the car at the beach for a few months strait. Now amazingly enough, thanks to my two sisters, my family is bringing in a combined total of over 300,000 a year. I had nothin' my entire life until now. And all of a sudden just because we get a little money people wanna tax us. It's not fare to work for something and get a chunk of it taken away just because other people don't have it. Now I know that there are people like the knnedys and the hilton kids, but like I said, most people had to work for it. My family included. It just pisses me off to no end when people say fuck the top 1%ers. I never had ANYTHING! And now that I'm wealthy I'm the fuckin' evil guy!?! I got news for you pal, I used to think just like you because I was bitter. Nuff said. Thanks for your time.

Just wanted to get that off of my chest.

P.S. I do know.... sucka.

slasherx
11-18-2004, 02:14 PM
Yeah, REEEAAAL sorry 'bout your getting taxed.

Whatever. It's not bitterness, it's education and a sense of what's right for the whole, and, in turn, for what doesn't benefit the whole. Ever heard of the relationship paradigm? No prolly not. And that's the diff. between you and I: I'm looking at it as objectively as can be, and it STILL STINKS. Get your 'meaning' from the capitalist dream, and be BLIND if you want.

I don't care where you got your money. I don't want your money, and I'm NOT whineing about not haveing any money. I'm talking about real shit getting dumped on everyone on down the line because some fucker feels like they're entitled to make a SICK-ASS profit at everyone else's expense. These things need to be kept in check, but the middle and lower classes don't have the resourses to do it. We DON"T begin at the same starting line as everyone eles and we sure as hell don't finish the same either.

Glad your chest is feeling better, BUT YOU DON'T KNOW... SUCKA. You should embrace that 'suffering' of yours, really KNOW it... Oh wait, too late. Can't see it 'cause the future's too bright huh?

Halloween78
11-18-2004, 11:13 PM
...Can't see it 'cause the future's too bright huh?

Yes actually. I'll admit. It's a nice feeling to know that I can go to BestBuy right now, and buy any f**in' thing I want. I used to be a miserable person. Now I'm happy. They say that money can't buy happiness. Well, they lied. And please, in the future, don't address me like I'm stupid. You seem like a cool person, and I'm sorry we had to get into this argument. However, I'd just like to say, I'm not a bad person. Every wealthy person I know aren't bad people. But, oh well. I'm not gonna change your mind, and you're not gonna change mine. I was poor, now I'm wealthy and happy. I'm sorry that there are millions of people under me suffering, but that's the way it goes. I used to be one of them.

slasherx
11-19-2004, 01:20 PM
Well I can't, with a good concious, shut you out now because you did, after all, invite the both of us to take it down a notch. Really, it's that simple. I appreciate the new turn that this has taken, and I choose to take you up on it.

Yeah, I'm sorry that this became a class issue as well. Such debates really don't belong here. I know some very decent and humanitarian wealthy folks too. But I can't really ever dismiss the sheer criminal aspect of what some priviledged few can do to the rest of us. I cannot, and don't, share their dream. I would opt for a quiet existence, but that's impossible now. I'm stayin' sharp about it. I couldn't stand myself if I turned a blind eye to it. But I don't want to be so rigid that I become an extremist and shut real connection out.

So thanks. Not because you fessed up, which you didn't and don't have to, but because you didn't move into the knucklehead-isms that I was, admittedly, gearing up for. Yeah, I can get off on a good fight, which isn't really so good sometimes. Enjoy your ease. Nothin' at all wrong with earning it. Just teach the kids well, huh?

Halloween78
11-19-2004, 04:39 PM
No problem. I'm glad we resolved this peacefully.:)

Halloween78
12-09-2004, 12:56 PM
Oh come on! We can't let this thread die now! Let's go people, hussle!!!

slasherx
12-09-2004, 01:51 PM
Yeah really!! Consider the advantages for the human race if we got closer to base line. How could we rebuild a better world or is that even possible? Are we all inately apt to go to shit and kill ourselves off? If not, what would it take to get shit back togather again? Who would have the guts and articulation and charisma to rise above it all and organize all the sheep? Who could shake off the threat of anihilation and really set an example? What are you gonna tell the confused masses??

atomic dog
12-14-2004, 04:42 AM
ok i've been thinking about posting in here for a long time. everyday i leave really early for work, in the dawn hours. everytime i go out the door i think what if there was a strolling person who was really a zombie. then i also think what if it was the running type zombie. the possibilities are endless but this is something that makes my morning interesting. in the somewhat quiet town i was thinking if this zombie outbreak did happen outside of my house what would i do. since there is a somewhat major road right out side my door i might enjoy the sight of watching the slow moving zombies getting whacked by the fast moving cars. also if they were the fast moving zombies if they would try to stop the cars to get to the warm flesh. then it also makes me think of them yelling 'BRAINS!!!' as i watch from my bedroom window.

but as i go to open my door i always look around just incase there might be someone moving like this. a few times i saw something but it was just someone walking their dog. i love freaking myself out, :D

PhantomPhart
02-01-2005, 08:45 PM
i think if the zombies were fast we would be f*cked. if they were slow we could kill them and burn them. i know there are alot of dead people but we could join together and slaughter the suckers.

atomic dog
02-02-2005, 04:29 AM
i still play that trick on myself in the morning and now at night.

Dead Alive
02-05-2005, 10:10 AM
i would go on the roof of the highest building and block the entrance....i would get a lead pipe and IF any zombies managed to get up i would take them out with the pipe....if too much find me i would thrown myself off of the building

Halloween78
02-09-2005, 01:18 AM
Sounds like a plan man!

Dead Alive
02-09-2005, 09:11 AM
yup....they cant exactly get me if im on a rooftop and the entrance is sealed...they wouldent know i was there

NeewollaH
02-09-2005, 12:27 PM
Dead Alive, you certainly don't want to survive do you? Setting yourself up on a rooftop would be suicide any way you look at it. If the zombies don't get you, hunger definetely will.

Halloween78
02-13-2005, 03:58 AM
That's right.

Rabbit in Red
02-13-2005, 04:20 PM
The bastard thread of mine lives. Eh oh well, keep the responses comin' guys.

bloody_pumpkin
03-31-2005, 01:45 PM
well if that happened, I would probably be at college or at my house. or maybe in some shopping mall that I use to visit. so I would just have some fun hitting a few zombies in the head and hiding somewhere safe. the mall would be the best idea.

zombie commando
04-13-2005, 08:14 AM
I would have the time of my life collecting zombie head trophies.

King-Havers
04-21-2005, 01:51 PM
Man u people forgot about zombie Dog those things would be crazy.

bloody_pumpkin
04-21-2005, 05:20 PM
well I would love to go out to hunt zombies, but I would like to know that my family is safe at some refuge , and then I would go to spend ammunition in zombies.

zombie commando
04-22-2005, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by bloody_pumpkin
well I would love to go out to hunt zombies, but I would like to know that my family is safe at some refuge , and then I would go to spend ammunition in zombies. Screw ammunition, use a sword. Much more effective, and never runs out of ammo.

bloody_pumpkin
04-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando
Screw ammunition, use a sword. Much more effective, and never runs out of ammo.
yeah you're right. swords are a good idea, and maybe a baseball bat, or a big hammer like the one that biker uses in dawn of the dead.

zombie commando
04-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by bloody_pumpkin
yeah you're right. swords are a good idea, and maybe a baseball bat, or a big hammer like the one that biker uses in dawn of the dead. Those bikers knew what was up. For more tips on survival during the zombie holocaust make sure to read the zombie survival guide.

DarthMyers
04-28-2005, 11:10 AM
I remember back when the remake for Dawn came out. Someone of some intelligence actually researched what would occur for real if there were a zombie infestation.

It broke it down to hours, days, months. As to how far the infection would spread, when electricity and water supplys would run out or shut down. It was a really interesting read.

I wish I could remember the link to it....Maybe ZC remembers that article.

zombie commando
04-28-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by DarthMyers
I remember back when the remake for Dawn came out. Someone of some intelligence actually researched what would occur for real if there were a zombie infestation.

It broke it down to hours, days, months. As to how far the infection would spread, when electricity and water supplys would run out or shut down. It was a really interesting read.

I wish I could remember the link to it....Maybe ZC remembers that article. Actually I wrote it.....just kidding. I haven't read it, but it sounds really interesting.

DarthMyers
04-28-2005, 11:14 AM
Scary. I just found it via Google...

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mzombiepower.html

My memory isnt that good the article mainly deals with loss of power.

zombie commando
04-29-2005, 06:34 AM
Awesome read. It's funny how after 24 hours the electricity usually goes out in most places in the films as well. I'm going to use this for the zombie biology thread.

King-Havers
08-18-2005, 12:12 PM
I have never seen a zombie movie when people were havign sex and zombies came u see any...

Sunday Girl
10-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Okay, so I'd be at mobile home around, say, 1:00. Im applying massive amounts of make-up to my face, and stuffing my already WELL-filled brasier with kleenex. I spray on some dollar-store perfume, zip up my knee-high neon pink latex boots, and im ready to hit the streets, okay? So then I walk outside and I see this really, really creepy guy WALKING DOWN THE STREET!! As he comes closer to me, I realize he's not even breathing. HE'S DEAD!! So im like, wow, what am I gonna do? I go to the next trailer and alert my neighbor Darla on the situation. She gets out her shot gun, and shoots the bozo to death.

BONES
10-24-2005, 12:57 AM
I would be siting on the sofa watching tv when the news comes on with the news first I'd check out side if it's clear I'd gather some suplies load up every gun I own get extra ammo head out to get my little girl and then head to the most secur place around wich would be FORT JACKSON hell yea worst case senerio I'd shoot every fucker that didn't respond like a "normal" person and go out in a blaze!

Freddy's_Fan
10-29-2005, 05:32 AM
I'd be crapping myself!