Erin Brixon
05-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Which version of this movie is considered canon and will flow the best with H2

TheThirdHalf
05-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Theatrical is canon I believe

FTL
05-07-2009, 12:15 PM
T minus 12 seconds before Darth Torn Anus enters thread and tells you what is canon and what is not.

Lord Thurisaz
05-07-2009, 12:18 PM
RZH's Theatrical version is canon.

Erin Brixon
05-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Exactly what i thought but someone told me in the theatrical version Dr. Loomis is dead so how is that possible if he is alive in H2?

FTL
05-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Ummm you can bring anybody back from the dead in a sequel to a movie you made.

Erin Brixon
05-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Fair enough.

HalloweeN63
05-07-2009, 12:26 PM

lolol

FTL
05-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Cmon I know a place upstate, they'll never find 'im!!

HalloweeN63
05-07-2009, 12:31 PM
we hit a deer and his paw, what do you call it? the paw, the hoof!

Lord Thurisaz
05-07-2009, 12:32 PM
No, the theatrical verison left it up in the air if he lived or died. But the director's cut has a shot of Loomis still alive, and grabbing onto Michael, being dragged.

Thaddking
05-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Whats the workprint?

Black Sunshine
05-07-2009, 12:36 PM
the guy in the picture... looks like a friend of ours..... hahhaa

the workprint does not count at all as it was only a show & tell put together for the wiensteins by zombie

Erin Brixon
05-07-2009, 12:36 PM
The version that is tested by an audience to see if they like it i believe. of course i shouldnt even have added that as it wasnt an offical release.

Todd
05-07-2009, 12:42 PM
I'd say the theatrical version, but I'm guessing the unrated dvd is the one most people bought and therefore have seen most recently. I doubt there is anything about H2 that would contradict either one, though. The biggest difference between them is the way Michael escaped.

Lord Thurisaz
05-07-2009, 12:44 PM
And Laurie doesn't finger a bagel in the theatrical cut. =[

SasorRegateme
05-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Rob's director's cut, as far as I'm concerned.

TheShape'78
05-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Whatever was shown in theaters is the canonical version, so... The Theatrical is the canon version of the film.

Rob's director's cut, as far as I'm concerned.

Well as far as anyone involved in the films are concerned (Malek, Rob, The Weinsteins), you'd be very wrong.

DVD releases don't change what is canon or not. Just because more people have the unrated, that doesn't make the events of said release the canonical events.

-mitch-

carol
05-07-2009, 02:01 PM
The theatrical version.

SasorRegateme
05-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Rob's director's cut.

Khan
05-07-2009, 02:18 PM
As the majority is indicating, the theatrical version is the referenced version.

EOTL has pointed that out before.

Well as far as anyone involved in the films are concerned (Malek, Rob, The Weinsteins), you'd be very wrong.

DVD releases don't change what is canon or not. Just because more people have the unrated, that doesn't make the events of said release the canonical events.

Some people don't like to hear it, but that is the case.

SasorRegateme
05-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Right... Sure...

Khan
05-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Is your last name Weinstein or Akkad?

Didn't think so.

TheShape'78
05-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Right... Sure...

Whoa, czech out the rebel.

-mitch-

SasorRegateme
05-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Is your last name Weinstein or Akkad?

Didn't think so.:dog:
You're too much, lol.

FTL
05-07-2009, 02:51 PM
When a movie is released theatrically, that is what everyone sees and goes by. Let's say for example that in the director's cut: Laurie and Annie get killed and Danny Trejo fucks Michael up the ass while he's institutionalized. That's in the director's cut, not in the theatrical cut. But when Rob Zombie is asked to come back and direct H2, how will that storyline turn out? Laurie and Annie would still be alive and Danny Trejo would not have butt fucked Michael. Why? Because it's not official. It was something that didn't make the cut, so Rob threw it into another DVD. I don't understand how hard it is to comprehend that the theatrical cut is canon.

Todd
05-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Like I said before, the only significant difference between the theatrical and unrated dvd versions was the way Michael escaped. That's why it really doesn't matter which one is considered canon. I doubt any mention will be made of the way Michael got out, at least not in specifics.

FTL
05-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Yeah but does anyone see my point though?

freethy
05-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Your all geeks. haha!

Danny Strode
05-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Theatrical is canon. As far as what they'll go by in terms of H2, I'm sure without a doubt that it won't be Workprint.

tripprivers
05-08-2009, 10:31 AM
And Laurie doesn't finger a bagel in the theatrical cut. =[

Wait a big fat minute, she didn't finger the bagel in the theatrical cut?! I voted for the wrong version!!!

Deviancy
05-08-2009, 03:49 PM
I don't think I've ever seen any of the stores out here even carry the theatrical cut on dvd. I know Blockbuster had their own special edition, which was I believe the unrated cut but with the deleted scenes on the same dvd instead of a second dvd. Walmart only ever carried the unrated out here, same with Best Buy and Target.

So I'd have to say the unrated is canon and the theatrical cut, once its off Showtime, will be buried.

MischievousSpirit
05-08-2009, 03:57 PM
The representive of Trancas International who owns and runs HalloweenMovies.com, and is an Administrator here, has said that the Theatrical cut is the official canon. So the poll is useless!

TheShape'78
05-08-2009, 03:58 PM
So I'd have to say the unrated is canon and the theatrical cut, once its off Showtime, will be buried.

The Theatrical release, the one that everyone saw on August 30 '07 in theaters, is the canon version of the film. A large release of the unrated Director's cut doesn't change that.

-mitch-

Todd
05-08-2009, 04:17 PM
I don't think I've ever seen any of the stores out here even carry the theatrical cut on dvd. I know Blockbuster had their own special edition, which was I believe the unrated cut but with the deleted scenes on the same dvd instead of a second dvd. Walmart only ever carried the unrated out here, same with Best Buy and Target.

Yeah, that's a good point.
Trancas can say the T-cut is canon, but the version most people will have viewed most recently prior to seeing H2 is the unrated one.
So officially, the theatrical cut is canon.
In terms of what most people will have seen and remember the most, it's the unrated directors cut, hands down.

TheShape'78
05-08-2009, 04:34 PM
So officially, the theatrical cut is all that matters to the official storyline. I would think most people who bought the unrated Director's Cut would know that what they purchased was nothing more than a special feature. The events that took place in RZ HalloweeN T-Cut are the canonical chain of events. Michael didn't escape during a rape, he escaped during a transfer (redardless of what the majority of people have viewed on their tv screens). What the majority of people purchased on dvd does not and will not dictate what the official version is. As far as Malek, The Weinsteins and Rob are concerned, the theatrical cut is the official cut.

-mitch-

SasorRegateme
05-08-2009, 04:52 PM
:laughup:

TheShape'78
05-08-2009, 05:01 PM
I am glad I am amusing to you.

So, um, do you ever post anything of any real substance?

-mitch-

Deviancy
05-08-2009, 05:16 PM
The original question...

"Which version of this movie is considered canon and will flow the best with H2"

It's two questions in one really.

Theatricial is official canon, but that doesn't mean the theatrical will necessarily flow the best with H2. And that would be based on personal preference anyways, so how does one answer a question like that?

Some may prefer that the unrated gave us more of an indication that Loomis was alive, so they may feel the unrated flows better with H2 because of that. Hell some may feel they flow better together just because Laurie does a naughty thing with a bagel.

Now of course I'm biased.. I think the theatrical cut sucks ass. That whole marvel comics Hulk smash escape scene was lame. But some liked that scene, so well whatever.

Todd
05-08-2009, 05:27 PM
The original question...

"Which version of this movie is considered canon and will flow the best with H2"

It's two questions in one really.

Theatricial is official canon, but that doesn't mean the theatrical will necessarily flow the best with H2. And that would be based on personal preference anyways, so how does one answer a question like that?

Some may prefer that the unrated gave us more of an indication that Loomis was alive, so they may feel the unrated flows better with H2 because of that. Hell some may feel they flow better together just because Laurie does a naughty thing with a bagel.

Now of course I'm biased.. I think the theatrical cut sucks ass. That whole marvel comics Hulk smash escape scene was lame. But some liked that scene, so well whatever.
Yeah, I agree with you.
There are actually a couple of questions at play here.
The truth is that I haven't seen the theatrical version since '07.
And yes, the T-cut did make it seem as if Loomis was dead. The unrated version left the door open quite a bit wider when it comes to that.
Like I've said before, the biggest difference between the two versions is the way Michael escaped. Both were problematic, but I'd bet good money that the events surrounding Mikeys exodus from the asylum won't be touched on in H2. So in essence, it really doesn't matter which version the viewer takes as canon.

TheShape'78
05-08-2009, 05:30 PM
So in essence, it really doesn't matter which version the viewer takes as canon.

Well, there is preference and then there is canon. The Theatrical cut is canon until further notice. The Unrated Director's Cut can be someones preference, but until the powers that be say otherwise, it isn't the canonical version. Prefer the D-Cut all you want (watch it, love it, cherish it), but as of this moment it isn't the canon version of the film.

-mitch-

Todd
05-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Well, there is preference and then there is canon. The Theatrical cut is canon until further notice. The Unrated Director's Cut can be someones preference, but until the powers that be say otherwise, it isn't the canonical version. Prefer the D-Cut all you want (watch it, love it, cherish it), but as of this moment it isn't the canon version of the film.

-mitch-
When it comes to something like Micheals escape, I really don't care which one the powers that be say is canon. It doesn't matter because it changes nothing significant about the movie. And it's not just a matter of preference, either. At this point, I bet the version the majority of us watched most recently was the unrated cut in which Michael escapes when two dipshits bring a female resident into his room to rape her. If Trancas is concerned about which version of Michaels escape is canon (which I seriously doubt), they shouldn't have pimped the unrated directors cut so much. Like someone pointed out, it was far easier to find on dvd than the T-cut. They could have given us the theatrical cut with the rape escape included as a deleted scene. But like I said, are there really enough significant differences between the two versions to matter?

Deviancy
05-08-2009, 06:06 PM
The only thing H2 would mention is that Michael did in fact escape, I highly doubt they'd go into detail on how he escaped since it really isn't relevant. And even if they went into detail a little, both would involve security guards who didn't get the job done.

And if Trancas is so pro t-cut, why did they super pimp the unrated over the t-cut? Its odd because usually when given the choice, Walmart prefers to go with the cleanest version. But Walmart is loaded with unrated editions, which makes it seem like they were never given the choice.

Does anyone have a link to the interview where Rob says the t-cut is canon? Not trying to stir the pot, I just want to hear it from the man himself. Imo, its his call, not Trancas. He's the artist after all.

TheShape'78
05-08-2009, 06:07 PM
When it comes to something like Micheals escape, I really don't care which one the powers that be say is canon. It doesn't matter because it changes nothing significant about the movie. And it's not just a matter of preference, either. At this point, I bet the version the majority of us watched most recently was the unrated cut in which Michael escapes when two dipshits bring a female resident into his room to rape her. If Trancas is concerned about which version of Michaels escape is canon (which I seriously doubt), they shouldn't have pimped the unrated directors cut so much. Like someone pointed out, it was far easier to find than the T-cut. They could have given us the theatrical cut with the rape escape included as a deleted scene. But like I said, are there really enough significant differences between the two versions to really matter?

All I can say is, canon is canon. Just cos the majority of consumers have bought a special cut of a film doesn't make said film the official version. Of course the Unrated D-Cut was easier to find (a lot of films are that way. Superbad, for example, can only be found in most places as Unrated). Unrated alternate cuts are huge marketing tool to bring in more money. GET THE NEW UNRATED BLAH BLAH BLAH. Like I have already said, the D-Cut may be less scarce than the T-Cut but that doesn't change which is the official version of the film, and as of now the T-Cut is the official cut of the film.

-mitch-

Todd
05-08-2009, 06:18 PM
All I can say is, official is official. Just cos the majority of consumers have bought a special cut of a film doesn't make said film the official version. Of course the Unrated D-Cut was easier to find (a lot of films are that way. Superbad, for example, can only be found in most places as Unrated). Unrated alternate cuts are huge marketing tool to bring in more money. GET THE NEW UNRATED BLAH BLAH BLAH. Like I have already said, the D-Cut may be less scarce than the T-Cut but that doesn't change which is the official version of the film, and as of now the T-Cut is the official cut of the film.

-mitch-
I don't care what version is considered officially canon. That doesn't fully answer the question posed by this thread.
Official or not, I guarantee that the version of RZH that most people watch is the unrated edition. The ptb can say whatever they want about what is official, but canon to most people is what they've seen most often. Do you really think the casual viewer knows or cares what Trancas says is official?
And really, it would only matter if there were truly significant differences between the differing versions. I don't believe that to be the case here.

TheShape'78
05-08-2009, 06:29 PM
I don't care what version is considered officially canon. That doesn't fully answer the question posed by this thread.
Official or not, I guarantee that the version of RZH that most people watch is the unrated edition. The ptb can say whatever they want about what is official, but canon to most people is what they've seen most often. Do you really think the casual viewer knows or cares what Trancas says is official?
And really, it would only matter if there were truly significant differences between the differing versions. I don't believe that to be the case here.

The question is "Which version is canon and would flow best with H2?".

Well, as of right now, no one knows which flows best with H2 as none of us have seen it, and as for which version is canon, the Theatrical cut is the canon version of the film. Fans don't get to pick and choose what is or is not canon, and I don't care if the casual viewer cares what Trancas considers official or not, cos that doesn't change anything. Theatrical cut is the canon version (man am I getting tired of saying that), and nothing anyone has seen or says can change that. The only people who can decide and change what is canon at this point is Akkad, Weinsteins, and I guess Rob. So what if the Unrated D-Cut is the film most people have in their heads? The theatrical cut does exist and is the official version. Now, I don't know about you, but I am done with this little debate cos I have repeated the same point too many times already. I stand by my words, goodbye.

-mitch-

Deviancy
05-08-2009, 06:46 PM
That's why I asked for a link to an interview with Rob where he clearly says the theatrical cut is canon. It's not that I don't trust anyone here, I just want to hear it for myself. If he says it's official canon, it's official canon. His art.. his vision.. his decision.

I like discussions to have links to facts so that the discussion doesn't just look like everything is pulled out of the ass.

Todd
05-08-2009, 06:55 PM

Well, as of right now, no one knows which flows best with H2 as none of us have seen it, and as for which version is canon, the Theatrical cut is the canon version of the film. Fans don't get to pick and choose what is or is not canon, and I don't care if the casual viewer cares what Trancas considers official or not, cos that doesn't change anything. Theatrical cut is the canon version (man am I getting tired of saying that), and nothing anyone has seen or says can change that. The only people who can decide and change what is canon at this point is Akkad, Weinsteins, and I guess Rob. So what if the Unrated D-Cut is the film most people have in their heads? The theatrical cut does exist and is the official version. Now, I don't know about you, but I am done with this little debate cos I have repeated the same point too many times already. I stand by my words, goodbye.

-mitch-
Fans can pick whatver they want when it comes to relatively insignificant details and even meaningful ones to a certain extent.
If some people want to believe that Michael really did die at the end of the original H2, they can. Michael was supposed to be dead. In fact, his death was canon until Moustapha Akkad decided to change that and make H4. What's considered canon with this series has changed many times, so why should fans feel the need to cling tightly to whatever is currently official when it comes to something like the way Michael escaped? If people think that Michael escaped by killing two rapist attendants at the asylum, that's not likely to contradict anything they see in H2. That's why I say that when it comes to the two dvd releases of RZH, it doesn't matter which one fans consider canon. There aren't enough significant differences between them. If they had used the workprint ending in the directors cut, that would have been a problem in terms of people believing it to be canon. It was too different from what people saw in the theaters and the difference really matters. Something tells me that's the reason Zombies original ending wasn't used in the unrated cut.
That's pretty much all I'm going to say about it, though.
C'est la vie.

MischievousSpirit
05-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Until we see H2 in it's entirety, how can anybody know how well it will flow with RZH? You can't tell how well it flows by a trailer.

Deviancy
05-08-2009, 08:19 PM
When it comes to this type of thing, all we can do is kill time shooting shit out of our asses until they let us at the finished product.

Those poor Duke Nukem Forever fanboys went on for 12 years about what if's. Now the poor suckers can only discuss what could have been instead.

Nexus-x17
05-08-2009, 08:51 PM
As far as fans choosing which version of a film is canon, a lot of fans do that. You'd have to be some sort of pretentious to not realize that.
Hell, just look at the H6 Producer's Cut.

-mitch-

TheShape'78
05-08-2009, 08:56 PM
As far as fans choosing which version of a film is canon, a lot of fans do that. You'd have to be some sort of pretentious to not realize that.
Hell, just look at the H6 Producer's Cut.

NO,
fans can choose which cut of the film they prefer to watch, but they have no control over which is canon. Personal preference and canon are not the same thing.

I am a big fan of the H6 P-Cut, but that is not the official version of H6, just like RZH Unrated Director's Cut is not the official canon as far as the remake is concerned.

I am not trying to stop anyone from liking what they want to like, but they still need to know that just because you prefer something doesn't make it so.

[edit] and how 'bout you not calling me pretentious, 'kay?!

-mitch-

Nexus-x17
05-08-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm sorry. No offense meant there.
I just think it's a bit absurd to get so technical about films being canon or not.

NO,
fans can choose which cut of the film they prefer to watch, but they have no control over which is canon. Personal preference and canon are not the same thing.

I am a big fan of the H6 P-Cut, but that is not the official version of H6, just like RZH Unrated Director's Cut is not the official canon as far as the remake is concerned.

I am not trying to stop anyone from liking what they want to like, but they still need to know that just because you prefer something doesn't make it so.

[edit] and how 'bout you not calling me pretentious, 'kay?!

-mitch-

TheShape'78
05-08-2009, 09:15 PM
I just think it's a bit absurd to get so technical about films being canon or not.

Maybe, but it is the subject matter of the thread.

-mitch-

EvilOnTwoLegs
05-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Not sure why this is a POLL. Canon isn't really a matter of opinion. The theatrical cut is technically the canonical cut of the film. Whether it's any given viewer's preferred cut or not is a matter of opinion...but either way, it's the cut included in the canon.

DarknessBDJM
05-08-2009, 11:18 PM
The theatrical version is always canonical unless retroactive continuity is applied.

TheShape'78
05-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Not sure why this is a POLL. Canon isn't really a matter of opinion. The theatrical cut is technically the canonical cut of the film. Whether it's any given viewer's preferred cut or not is a matter of opinion...but either way, it's the cut included in the canon.

Exactly.

I have only been saying this for 3 frickin pages.

-mitch-

Todd
05-09-2009, 05:04 AM
You're right about that. Like I pointed out before, what's canon in this series has changed so many times and there really isn't much significant difference between the official dvd releases of RZH. Who gives a fuck which version fans take as canon? In this case especially, it doesn't matter.

TheShape'78
05-09-2009, 08:22 AM
You're right about that. Like I pointed out before, what's canon in this series has changed so many times and there really isn't much significant difference between the official dvd releases of RZH. Who gives a fuck which version fans take as canon? In this case especially, it doesn't matter.

Why are you in this thread, then, if you don't want to talk about which version is truly canon? No one is saying you have to care, but you came into this thread in which that is the topic of debate.

-mitch-

Todd
05-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Why are you in this thread, then, if you don't want to talk about which version is truly canon? No one is saying you have to care, but you came into this thread in which that is the topic of debate.

-mitch-
I'm not debating which version is "officially" canon. That's only one part of this thread.
What I'm saying is, who gives a fuck?
It doesn't matter which version people take as canon because there aren't enough significant differences between them. I guarantee you that a lot of people are going to watch H2 believing that Micheal escaped in RZH by killing two attendants who were raping a female resident. That will be perfectly fine, too, because I doubt that will contradict anything we see in the new movie. So you can talk all day about how Trancas has stated that the theatrical release is canon, (and you'll be right about that), but in terms of which one will flow best with H2, which is also a topic of this thread, I'm saying that it doesn't matter which version people remember best.

SlasherBoi
05-09-2009, 10:49 AM
I'd have to say the theatrical version is the Canon because of not everyone getting to see the workprint or unrated versions or not wanting to.

EvilOnTwoLegs
05-09-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm not debating which version is "officially" canon. That's only one part of this thread.
What I'm saying is, who gives a fuck?

Apparently, the person who started the thread gives a fuck. Can't think of any other reason why they'd start it.

Todd
05-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Apparently, the person who started the thread gives a fuck. Can't think of any other reason why they'd start it.
Maybe they were bored.
Let me put it this way, there's no reason to give fuck because it really doesn't matter.

Deviancy
05-09-2009, 12:24 PM
DVD sales at times surpass ticket sales. So there is the chance more have seen the unrated than the theatrical.

As for the definition of canon, the actual definition leaves room for both to be considered canon.

Canon, in terms of a fictional universe, is any material that is considered to be "genuine", or can be directly referenced as material produced by the original author or creator of a series. Basically, something that is "canon" means that it is something that "actually happened" in that fictional universe.

Seems to be both cuts would be under that umbrella.

The word canon can simultaneously refer to the considerations of the publishers of a fictional series as well as what the fanbase chooses to consider as authentic

Again, leaves the door open for either or.

The wiki entry has a lot of back and forth, it's like "this is.. this isn't.. this can be but if this and that and that and this..."

You can't trust these studios/companies anyways, they'll "retcon" something just to make an extra dollar. And then they expect the fans to just accept it.

Fuck that noise.

Viva la revolution ;)...

TheShape'78
05-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Look, if the guys at the top didn't want the now theatrical version to be canon then they wouldn't have put said version in theaters. If the PTB wanted Rob's cut of the film to be canon then they shoulda/woulda put that version into theaters, but they didn't. The one everyone saw on the big screen in '07 is the official cut of the film (the events of that version are the canonical events) until stated otherwise.

-mitch-

Todd
05-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Look, if the guys at the top didn't want the now theatrical version to be canon then they wouldn't have put said version in theaters. If the PTB wanted Rob's cut of the film to be canon then they shoulda/woulda put that version into theaters, but they didn't. The one everyone saw on the big screen in '07 is the official cut of the film (the events of that version are the canonical events) until stated otherwise.

-mitch-
Yes, the "official" canon is the theatrical version. I'm not disputing that.
In what way were the two dvd's so different that it really matters which version fans recall while watching the next movie, though?
I highly doubt that it will make a difference either way. There are actually two issues posed by this thread. 1. What is the official canon (which has been established at the theatrical version), and 2. Which one will flow best with the sequel?
The second part of the question is what I'm dealing with. My answer is that I think they will both fit just fine with H2. You keep acting like I'm saying you're wrong, but that's not the case. The point I'm making is really separate from yours, and I've tried to make that clear.

TheShape'78
05-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Yes, the "official" canon is the theatrical version. I'm not disputing that.
In what way were the two dvd's so different that it really matters which version fans recall while watching the next movie, though?
I highly doubt that it will make a difference either way. There are two questions posed by this thread. 1. What is the official canon (which has been established at the theatrical version), and 2. Which one will flow best with the sequel?
The second question is the one I'm dealing with. My answer is that I think they will both fit just fine with H2. You keep acting like I'm saying you're wrong, but that's not the case. The point I'm making is really separate from yours, and I've tried to make that clear.

You have made yourself clear, I wasn't talking to you. Deviancy said both could be considered canon as both are officially licensed by the creators, and what I was further stating is that only one can be "official" in the story timeline. Sure, both are officially licensed products, but only one counts as the official series of events (the events that took place in the theatrical version).

-mitch-

EvilOnTwoLegs
05-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Todd and Jeremy need to go out drinking together...the Canon Nazi and the "Canon Doesn't Mean Shit" Nazi. :p

Todd
05-10-2009, 05:31 AM
Todd and Jeremy need to go out drinking together...the Canon Nazi and the "Canon Doesn't Mean Shit" Nazi. :p
Actually, I'm the "there aren't enough significant differences between the theatrical and unrated versions of RZH to matter which one is canon" nazi.

Deviancy
05-11-2009, 04:11 PM
And I'm merely the one who is merely answering the question based on the info that's out there regarding the definition of canon.

But Todd is right, there's nothing in the unrated that makes it necessary to retcon it in order to keep a good flow.

Anywho.. I'm trying to figure out who is getting the license to make the toys this time out. I can't find any info that suggests neca necessarily has first dibs, or any info that claims the deal with neca is everlasting.

I was hoping Neca would too be obsessed with Twinklight merchandise to bother with H2, but they're all about quanity over quality so oh well.

metallicabowler
05-19-2009, 05:16 PM
The Unrated cut is canon because it says "Director's Cut" on the box.

Danny Strode
05-19-2009, 05:17 PM

Ha, ha. You couldn't be more wrong.

MischievousSpirit
05-19-2009, 05:18 PM
The theatrical cut is canon!

metallicabowler
05-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Why am I wrong? It's what Rob Zombie wanted us to see, isn't it?

Danny Strode
05-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Khannnnn!!!!! Khannnnnn!!!

:D

MischievousSpirit
05-19-2009, 05:22 PM

One of the officials at Trancas International who works here the board has said many times that the Theatrical cut is canon! It don't matter which version people prefer! :yar:

Khan
05-19-2009, 05:27 PM

Does the director own the studio?

Todd
05-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Does the director own the studio?
Who gives a flying fuck?
We all know the official canon currently is the theatrical version.
Or is it the comics???
If we're talking only about what is canon between the theatrical and directors cut of RZH, I once again say that it's the theatrical version and that it also doesn't make any fucking difference in this case.

EvilOnTwoLegs
05-19-2009, 10:36 PM

Yes it is...and if Rob Zombie owned the rights to Halloween, that would mean something.

Actually, I'm the "there aren't enough significant differences between the theatrical and unrated versions of RZH to matter which one is canon" nazi.

There are actually more significant differences between the two cuts of RZH than there are between most T-Cuts and D-Cuts. Look, you don't care...we get that. Got it the first time you said it. But getting so wound up over the fact that other people might actually want to discuss the issue (since, you know, someone made a THREAD about it and all)...well, that's just such a myerswalk attitude to have.

darkstanley
07-20-2009, 08:03 PM
i think the descent 2 clearly sets some precedent in this case. in the overseas version, which here is called the directors cut, it is very much implied that everyone died by the end of the movie. hence no sequel would be really possible. but in the american version, a happier ending was shown that had one survivor making it out of the cave, whereas in the DC it was a hullucination. but we are getting a sequel, with the original actress in it, which means the studio trumps what the director had originally intended. same with rz halloween. BUT in H2 loomis is alive and well, which jives well with the DC that clearly shows loomis alive.but in the theatrical, he has his head crushed and is assumed dead. of course we dont know for sure, but im thinking this must be a continuation of the original DC of H1, and not the theatrical. james camerons Terminator 2 is a great example. the new coda put on the special edition, only viewable by easter egg code, shows linda hamilton at the park with her grandkids in the not to distant future, clearly showing judgement day didnt happen. but thats definately not cannon, and thats cameron were talking about here

One of the officials at Trancas International who works here the board has said many times that the Theatrical cut is canon! It don't matter which version people prefer! :yar:

EvilOnTwoLegs
07-20-2009, 08:12 PM
So, because we didn't see a shot of Loomis alive in the final scenes of the T-Cut, that means he must have died? haha

The T-Cut is canon, for anyone who cares.

Horror Kitten
07-23-2009, 06:26 AM
Theatrical is canon I belive, like most everyone else said :nodsmile:

TheThirdHalf
07-23-2009, 06:27 AM
Why is this a poll thread? It's not like WE can decide what is canon and what is not.

EvilOnTwoLegs
07-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I wondered the same thing:

Not sure why this is a POLL. Canon isn't really a matter of opinion.

Laurie2007
07-23-2009, 04:48 PM
Why is this a poll thread? It's not like WE can decide what is canon and what is not.

that'd be sweet

storyteller
07-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Does it matter? Anyone who died(should have died, if Zombie's vision was half as realistic as he claims it to be) in the first film has a starring role in this film. (Michael, Loomis, Debrah, and Annie). The Unrated version is much worst than the Theatrical version (which by all means IS the Canon Version; Suck it hard Descent2), so just for that fact alone I would pick piece of shit number two (Theatrical) over Piece of shit number one (Unrated) to be Canon anyday.

Nibbz
08-08-2009, 03:57 PM
unrated version is canon. it was Rob's true vision before the mpaa cracked down on him and he had to edit it down.

edit: just read back a few posts... don't eat me alive...

carol
08-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Easy, the theatrical version. :nodsmile:

Nibbz
08-08-2009, 05:13 PM
being the fan that I am, I just ordered the T-cut. I now own 3 copies of Rob's Halloween (the original d-cut, the 3 disc d-cut, and now the t-cut).
$35 spent... $35 well spent love the movie.