PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Scene

Diamond Wings
04-15-2009, 11:32 AM
My favorite scene is when Michael finds his mask in his childhood home- what's yours?

Pandaz
04-15-2009, 12:05 PM
My favorite scene is probably when we first see Annie on screen in the library. :D

Walton
04-15-2009, 12:24 PM
I think those are two of the best scenes in the movie, but I would have to go with the mask scene. The music's great and Tyler Mane is awesome as Michael. But, I was definetly excited to see Danielle, because i didnt know she was in this movie until I saw her on screen.

Danny Strode
04-15-2009, 03:35 PM
My favorite scene is probably when we first see Annie on screen in the library. :D

Ha, ha. Mine too.

myerslilBRO
04-15-2009, 04:35 PM
My favorite scene is when Michael attacks Annie and she's trying to fight him...my second fave is when Laurie finds Annie beaten and in a bloody mess, and Annie is screaming at the top of her lungs for Laurie..was kinda intense for me...I mean if someone was screaming your name like that, wouldn't think something was wrong?

TheThirdHalf
04-15-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm sure this won't be a popular view, and I'll admit that it wasn't very "shapely' haha, but I enjoyed the scene where Michael goes nuts and trashes his house. I remember seeing it in the theatre and thinking when he was smashing into the wall, "Hmmm, that's not the Michael I've come to know", but by the time he was trashing the ceiling I was silently shouting "YES THIS IS AWESOME!!" :D

Nemesis1835
04-15-2009, 05:12 PM
My favorite scene is when Michael finds his mask in his childhood home- what's yours?

Ya thats my favorite scene too.. i wonder if he planed the whole thing out when he put the mask and knife in the floorboards to escape when he was older

Muse
04-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Hm, I'm not sure. Possibly when Loomis tells Michael that it's his last visit to him, and that there's nothing else for him to do. You can see the connection he's made with Michael, despite Michael not returning the feelings, and you can see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice, how much it pains him to sit there and tell his best friend, as he puts it, how he won't be seeing him anymore. Good scene from McDowell, who essentially was my favourite part about the movie, so my favourite scene just had to be one of his.

Diamond Wings
04-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Wow, all good ones. Did anybody else also really like the part where Michael watches from the balcony of his home. Just creepy and silent.

tripprivers
04-16-2009, 12:51 PM
I loved the small scene with Michael standing behind Lindsey Wallace during the conclusion to The Thing - was really creepy! I also liked Rob's commentary during that scene saying that Michael probably would have stayed there all night watching the Thing but was interupted by Annie

Five by Five
04-16-2009, 07:21 PM
My overall favorite scene was when Laurie finally gets back to the Doyle house and is screaming, wondering where Lindsey is only to have Michael slam into the door.

However, the movie did have some amazingly creepy scenes. The scene where Michael is standing behind Lindsey watching the Thing was amazing and so was him standing on the balcony.

dashroomfreakxx
04-19-2009, 05:43 PM
I like the ending the best

El Rooto
04-19-2009, 07:58 PM
When Laurie takes Lindsey back to the house.

Just for Pumpinhead Paul. Awesome.

Or when Michael gets his mask back.

Peaker1990
04-19-2009, 08:00 PM
I love it when Laurie spits blood on Michael's face.

tripprivers
04-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Just watched this again two nights ago and also love the look of the attack on the Strode's - Michael tossing the dad aside as he's cornering the mom - really scary - and when Sheriff Brackett is calling the house and it cuts to the carnage - just some really nice shots there (though I really hate the edit job between Michael cornering the mom and her screaming, then cuts to her crawling into another room)
And just throwing it in there, I absolutely love the dialogue when Annie and Lindsey enter the Doyle house and Annie says "Go worship your God" - might be my favorite line of the entire film

slipknot666
04-19-2009, 08:14 PM
My favorite scene is when Michael attacks Annie and she's trying to fight him...my second fave is when Laurie finds Annie beaten and in a bloody mess, and Annie is screaming at the top of her lungs for Laurie..was kinda intense for me...I mean if someone was screaming your name like that, wouldn't think something was wrong?
Those scenes were my favorites as well. That shit gives me goosebumps when she's screaming out Laurie's name. INTENSE!:nodsmile:

Lord Thurisaz
04-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Michael killing Judith in the hallway... love that shot!

Michael finding his mask in his childhood home.

Michael stopping his pursuit of Laurie to kill a cop [or is it two cops?]. This is why it pisses me off that Annie lives. :(

Those scenes were my favorites as well. That shit gives me goosebumps when she's screaming out Laurie's name. INTENSE!:nodsmile:

It was intense, but I couldn't help thinking of my drunken mother and her sister... ugh. :crazy:

Five by Five
04-21-2009, 09:37 AM
I love the scene where Laurie finds Annie. But I dont particulary like when Laurie tells the 911 operator that she needs an ambulance. Seemed too forced.

MichaelFox
04-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Favorite scene, young myers killing Judith. Also, finding his mask in his old home.

TheThirdHalf
04-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Michael 'playing' with Paul's corpse. Chilling

matthewsdad1974
07-17-2009, 06:29 AM
Call me a pig but my favorite scene was Annie sex scene.:happy:

Diamond Wings
07-17-2009, 07:28 AM
:p You pig.

Zombie
07-17-2009, 07:33 AM
The credits.

Diamond Wings
07-17-2009, 07:41 AM
They were quite glorious...

lopli
07-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Michael's escape scene[the regular one not the rape one] and Michael getting his mask

Devil's Eyes
07-17-2009, 03:54 PM
When Michael killed Judith's boyfriend.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
07-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Young MM just sitting at the kitchen table eating candy.

With the killing of Judith running a close second.

EDIT: Agh, I forgot about the standoff with Ishmael! Might be my fave.

Citan
07-18-2009, 03:59 AM
When Michael beats the living hell out of that bully...Serves him right.

dashroomfreakxx
07-18-2009, 04:46 AM
The ending chasing Laurie

Torgo
07-18-2009, 10:47 AM
I have a couple that I'm having a hard time choosing from:

Of course Michael getting his mask back after escaping

I love when Michael takes Laurie out of the bathroom, and she has no idea where he is taking her.

The shot of Michael carrying Laurie out the door and down the sidewalk with a classic Carpenter theme playing.

Michael staring at pumpkin headed Paul.

And while it may have been laughed out of some theaters because it's such an ODD choice of song to scenery, the Deborah Myers strip tease and young Michael sitting on the sidewalk with the leaves blowing and "Love Hurts" playing on the soundtrack. For some reason this scene sticks out as one of my favorites and I'm not sure why. It's just memorable and enjoyable for me.

big mike
07-19-2009, 04:58 AM
my favourite scene is when laurie goes into the house and sees the guy hung by the stairs and annie hurt on the floor and as laurie runs to get the police/ambulance we see the door close an michael behind it ....damnit that was cool

Horror Kitten
07-19-2009, 04:59 AM
I think my favorite scene is the last one in the t-cut, when Laurie shoots Michael in the face and starts screaming. I prefer the workprint ending, but Laurie screaming really gets me.

And also, as much as I think the first half sucks, I like the scene after Michael stabs the nurse, and Deborah is screaming and you can just see her distress at what her son has become. I have said it before, Sheri Moon was the only good part of the first half.

leem6453
07-19-2009, 02:17 PM
I think I might have to dust my RZH blu-ray tonight and watch that puppy. I watch parts of the 4 hr doc every night before I go to sleep...it tucks me in nicely.

One of my favorite scenes would have to be when Michael lunges forward and grabs Loomis' head...that was intense.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
07-19-2009, 09:45 PM
And while it may have been laughed out of some theaters because it's such an ODD choice of song to scenery, the Deborah Myers strip tease and young Michael sitting on the sidewalk with the leaves blowing and "Love Hurts" playing on the soundtrack. For some reason this scene sticks out as one of my favorites and I'm not sure why. It's just memorable and enjoyable for me.

I've always liked it too. It's probably still a tad odd even if you aren't looking at it from the "old Halloween series" perspective. Add that into the mix and you get many a WTF.

I don't think the song supposed to be completely serious, nor some sort of joke... just a bit of quirkiness that gets a point across, I guess. I felt it was some swift, effective characterization for Mom.

One of the least hot stripteases put in a film.

heavymetal
07-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Ha. I liked that scene too for whatever reason. I thought it was done well.

Then there was Danielle's moment with no top :bastard:

And I agree, the first half could have been so much better. I'm sorry Daeg Faerch, but you did not act that well. Your screams got so damn annoying.

DanielleRocks
07-20-2009, 08:26 AM
I liked a LOT of this movie.

I loved when Michael killed Judith in the hallway. One of the things I loved about this movie is that Michael does some things to his victims and it's not shown on screen. Like, Judith is only shown being stabbed 6 or 7 times. But you can clearly see that he did a number on her before she managed to get out of the bedroom.

Sheri Moon's suicide scene. It was something that's never been in a Halloween film before. It broke my heart to see her sobbing while playing the home movies. And when she pulled that trigger, I jumped so much.

The girls walking home from school. A lot of people thought that Zombie didn't do a good job writing the teenage characters. But coming from a teen's perspective, he nailed it spot on.

Michael watching the Thing behind Lindsey. Thought it was cool that Zombie played that there. It was the last movie Michael ever saw before he started his spree. Very effective and chilling.

Laurie running for her life is probably my favorite part. Scout did a really good job at showing the terror that Laurie was going through. I felt really helpless when she was going through all those doors in the basement. Like, do they ever end?!

Halloweenfan80
09-21-2011, 06:08 AM
When Michael finds his mask and his Knife in his childhood home
When Michael stalks Laurie
When Laurie finds Annie
When Michael is standing behind linsday
When Laurie goes back to Tommy's house asking where Linsday is
When Laurie wakes up in the basement beside Lynda and when Michael shows Laurie the picture of them when they were kids
When Michael stalks Laurie in the empty swiming pool
When Annie's Dad and Dr.Lommis find Annie Bloody and lying on the floor
When Michael kills Paul and puts the pumpkin on Paul's head
When Michael attacks Annie
When Michael says Happy Halloween to Boo
When Michael is holding Boo outside after he killed his sister Judith, Steve and Ronnie
When Michael is sitting on the curb and the song Love Hurts starts to play

blacksymbiote
03-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Michael killing bully kid
Michael killing Ismael
Michael killing Joe Grizzly

CJ7
03-15-2012, 04:55 AM
-Loomis tells Michael that he'll no longer be visiting him
-Michael escapes the sanitarium in the T-Cut
-Michael puts on the mask at his house
-Michael drags Annie back inside the house
-Michael shows Laurie the picture of them

Thorni52
03-15-2012, 05:59 AM
Not a huge fan of this one but the pool scene is great. Love when Malcom say "Michael.. it's me, Samuel!" and he keeps walking towards laurie.

Scissorhands
03-15-2012, 02:54 PM
I love the shots of the trees and the music when Michael is beating Wesley (The Bully) to death. So brutal.

I also love when Michael is walking Laurie back to the Myers house. The music and the wind blowing the leaves is great.

Roswell
03-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Hmm, I thought I posted my favorites before. Anyway...

The killing of Wesley was fantastic. People say Michael was too sympathetic in the film, but this scene demonstrates, for me, why he wasn't. He watches as Wesley begs and cries for him to stop, but he doesn't listen. Definitely agreed about the shots of the trees. That was an odd touch, but an effective one.

The shot where time seems to have stopped except for Michael was also well done. It sort of represents how this is something that no one is going to forget.

The nurse kill was also well done. The way they slow down the scene, allowing us to absorb every small moment, as well as leaving only the sound of the siren for us to hear, was really effective.

Deborah's suicide scene got to me. It's not often that I will legitimately feel bad for a character, but it's hard not to see her pain and desperation in that scene.

Michael slowly pushing the door closed when Laurie leaves the room to call 911 was chilling, as was the way he pushed Paul's body around like a cheap Halloween decoration and just stared at it.

The ending. Sue me, but I dug it. It's also a great lead-in for H2.

Thorni52
03-15-2012, 03:30 PM
The ending. Sue me, but I dug it. It's also a great lead-in for H2.

I also thought the ending was great if only the rest of the movie could live up to it. I mean Laurie is Michael's very own sister and she shoots him point blank in the face with no sympathy. Tragic and violent. Great way to end the movie. I just wish it was less glossy. If they filmed RZH like RZH2 and redid the entire 3rd act it would be a decent film.. in my opinion of course.

-The Pool scene

- The ending

- and all the scenes with Michael and Loomis in Smith grove are good.

xBabyBoo666x
04-05-2012, 09:52 PM
I have a couple of favorite parts : when young Michael beats the bully to death , when Laurie's dad is getting ready to make his way into the house & Michael appears out of no where & kills him & drops him and makes his way towards Laurie's mom .
When Michael kills Joe Grizzly & also when he arrives back home & takes out the mask & puts it on.... The way his eyes look in that exact moment still gives me chills .

Todd 78
04-23-2012, 12:11 PM
I think the Michal Judith scene was incredible creepy and well done . The way he brushes up her leg in a sexual manner and than her face while he stabs up and than it goes into the hallway .... I prefer her death scene here than in the original

80sJEM
12-29-2012, 07:24 AM
Ooh, my FAVORITE scenes...

--Sex jokes intact, Laurie's intro with her parents:nodsmile:
--Laurie snuggling against Cynthia on the steps waiting for Annie
--Laurie taking Lindsay home just to find Annie, and her frantically trying to call for help
--Michael carrying Laurie down the street and then Laurie waking up to the dead Lynda with Michael holding out the picture
--Laurie flying off the balcony to land right ON Michael and shooting him right IN the face

And, can't leave it out...

Michael doing exactly what I used to imagine doing to a good handful of old classmates back in the day, except I'm thinking I would've used a wooden baseball bat instead of a log...:bow:

Michael Voorhees
02-01-2013, 03:19 PM
My favorite scene is probably a three way split. The escape (theatrical), Joe Grizzly's death, & the final chase at the end with Laurie (director's cut).

Annie Brackett
03-16-2013, 09:47 AM
- When Michael retrieves his mask from the floorboards.
- Annie's attack scene.
- When Michael shows Laurie the photograph.

Stebob1984
10-22-2013, 11:26 AM

/\ this

I think it's the one perfect thing in this movie, that moment is epic!