PDA

View Full Version : Did Michael really need to?

Bukendaa
04-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Why did Michael have to kill Ismael i mean he could have let him live. He was the only one who showed Mikey sympathy he could have just knoked him out etc whats your opinion:question:

freethy
04-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Well, he could have let everyone live. He killed his sister for christian slater's sake...lol He'll kill any bastard.

DiscipleofThorn
04-09-2009, 07:28 PM
I think that he was not going to hurt him until Ismael tried to put the cuffs on him. When Michael saw that he was going to lock him back up, he decided to knock him off.

Bukendaa
04-09-2009, 07:31 PM
I guiss you dont show sympathy to the Devil.

michealjamie6
04-09-2009, 07:35 PM
he should have ran really really fast because he knew what he was capable of doing.:bastard:

Lord Thurisaz
04-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Just because someone shows Michael sympathy doesn't mean he isn't gonna turn around and stick a butcher knife deep in their gut.

Pandaz
04-09-2009, 09:22 PM
I thought Ismael's death was important, actually. Up until that point, Michael was mainly targeting only those people who treated him like shit. If he walked around killing scum like Ronnie White only, he'd seem like the anti-hero. I don't want to feel any sympathy for Michael, so the fact that he killed one of the only people who was actually kind to him was a pretty smart move in my opinion.

Bukendaa
04-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Yer but he didnt have to drown him i would have a liked a quick easy death not a tv planted on my head.

Lord Thurisaz
04-09-2009, 10:24 PM
What's a "yer"?

Bukendaa
04-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Us aussies say write a bit dif to you guys ite yeah in a slang term.

TheThirdHalf
04-09-2009, 10:31 PM
i would have a liked a quick easy death not a tv planted on my head.

I gotta say, a TV to the face would be pretty fuckin' quick

DiscipleofThorn
04-09-2009, 10:35 PM
What would've been better is if the TV would've still been plugged in when he threw it on his face.

Nemesis1835
04-09-2009, 11:57 PM
i guess rob just wanted to show that he dont really care about anybody

Bukendaa
04-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Yet Rob siad he cared for his baby sister so what does that tell you.

Black Sunshine
04-10-2009, 05:13 AM
Michael knows no sympathy, his ideas of love and compassuion are nothing more than a distant memory of childhood that has long since disappeared.

Ismael should have called out sick that day!

Danny Strode
04-10-2009, 05:57 AM
I thought Ismael's death was important, actually. Up until that point, Michael was mainly targeting only those people who treated him like shit. If he walked around killing scum like Ronnie White only, he'd seem like the anti-hero. I don't want to feel any sympathy for Michael, so the fact that he killed one of the only people who was actually kind to him was a pretty smart move in my opinion.

I agree here.

I think it established that Michael wouldn't save anyone.

Pandaz
04-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Yet Rob siad he cared for his baby sister so what does that tell you.
Well, he obviously had a quick change of heart when she stabbed him in the basement of the Myers house. By the end of the film, I think Michael has absolutely no sympathy for anyone.

Michael Voorhees
04-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Idk, I think he may have saw that she didn't fully understand, which is why he didn't really move as quickly to kill her as he did with others. But now, he's definitely out to kill her.

Stage 3
04-12-2009, 11:20 AM
i'm surprised he didn't kill the woman that was in his room.

Scout Boy 1
04-12-2009, 03:22 PM
I think Micheal shouldn't have killed him......

If he didn't do it it would have showed that at least he has some mercy

Pandaz
04-12-2009, 03:46 PM
i'm surprised he didn't kill the woman that was in his room.
That's partially why the director's cut escape scene is so awful! It makes Michael seem like the vigilante. He kills the Smith's Grove workers for their immoral deeds, and leaves her all alone.

I think Micheal shouldn't have killed him......

If he didn't do it it would have showed that at least he has some mercy
Michael being merciful is lame, though!

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Killing Ismael was vital. Prior to that, practically everyone Myers had killed had bullied him or treated him badly in some way...certainly, none of them were kind to him. When Myers kills Ismael, it demonstrates that no one is safe...that he'll kill anyone.

Bukendaa
04-15-2009, 11:34 PM
Yeh but RZH wanted a Michael that was not just this evil human he had fellings and got Fucked over and was taking it out on every one else.But he could of let a few of the people he killed live.I mean he let annie live whats another person going to do Ismael could not have done much to stop him.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-16-2009, 01:06 AM
He used Annie as bait after slashing the hell out of her...hardly an act of mercy.

MichaelFox
04-20-2009, 11:03 PM
There isn't any explanation for this 'WHY', because, Michael will ALWAYS kill anybody who stands in his way. No mercy. You die.

mlf200811
04-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Why did Michael have to kill Ismael i mean he could have let him live. He was the only one who showed Mikey sympathy he could have just knoked him out etc whats your opinion:question:

that's only in the unrated cut, and i agree with you on that, ishmael was michael's only friend in the hospital

Danny Strode
04-25-2009, 03:07 PM
that's only in the unrated cut, and i agree with you on that, ishmael was michael's only friend in the hospital

There is no difference between cuts.

HalloweenFanNY
04-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Instead of him putting the cuffs on him to try and put him back into his room, he could of just backed away and let him walk by him, i think that would of saved his life if Zombie did it that way. Who knows. He killed his sister so yea killing the guard would be nothing.

Dingo
04-26-2009, 01:30 AM
He should have killed him and he should have killed more! I for one would have made sure Danielle Harris was dead dead dead. Remorseless Killing machine, remember!

HalloweenFanNY
04-26-2009, 05:51 AM
You cannot kill Danielle Harris!!!!!!!!!! She is Halloween haha! PLUS, she is so damn hot.

Danny Strode
04-26-2009, 06:33 AM
Instead of him putting the cuffs on him to try and put him back into his room, he could of just backed away and let him walk by him, i think that would of saved his life if Zombie did it that way.

I doubt it. Without Michael killing him, it wouldn't have been established that no one is safe.

You cannot kill Danielle Harris!!!!!!!!!! She is Halloween haha! PLUS, she is so damn hot.

Hell yeah! :D

HalloweenFanNY
04-28-2009, 07:07 AM
I doubt it. Without Michael killing him, it wouldn't have been established that no one is safe.

Yea i agree, he will just kill anyone haha.

Hell yeah! :D

She is so hot, yea, you cannot kill her off. I hope she is in many more as well.:bow:

DLKern
04-28-2009, 08:04 AM

My own opinion is that it was RZs attempt to show that Michael was really becoming "evil" (for lack of a better word). I mean, I had zero sympathy for all of Michael's victims up to that point; it seemed that Michael was a product of the perfect shit-storm of circumstances up until that point. If Ismael hadn't tried to put hand-cuffs on him to put him back in his room and had just gotten out of his way, I have no doubt that Michael would have simply walked passed him and let him live. As soon as he tried to put the cuffs on though; BAM!, he got in Michael's way and his stated goal of just wanting to go home and be with his family again.

HalloweenFanNY
04-28-2009, 01:53 PM
My own opinion is that it was RZs attempt to show that Michael was really becoming "evil" (for lack of a better word). I mean, I had zero sympathy for all of Michael's victims up to that point; it seemed that Michael was a product of the perfect shit-storm of circumstances up until that point. If Ismael hadn't tried to put hand-cuffs on him to put him back in his room and had just gotten out of his way, I have no doubt that Michael would have simply walked passed him and let him live. As soon as he tried to put the cuffs on though; BAM!, he got in Michael's way and his stated goal of just wanting to go home and be with his family again.

i totally agree.

ILoveChiaPetsXD
04-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Well, he obviously had a quick change of heart when she stabbed him in the basement of the Myers house. By the end of the film, I think Michael has absolutely no sympathy for anyone.

If we would have had the original ending, he would have. Remember that he let Laurie go.

Luckily the studio ending owned the "H4"-ish ending.

Zombie_Myers
04-29-2009, 04:19 PM
Up until that point in the film I'm pretty sure most people were feeling sorry for Michael and after he brutally kills Ismael it goes out of the window and it shows how remorseless Michael is and that's when he becomes more evil and by the end of the film he's pretty much pure evil all emotions for anyone besides murderous anger have gone.

mr32
04-30-2009, 08:19 PM
I guess he was in his way, but he could've at least knock him out. But i guess that just show how far gone he is.

mlf200811
05-17-2009, 12:41 PM
he only killed ismael in the uncut version, where he beat him up and drowned him. he wasn't killed in the other version.

Danny Strode
05-17-2009, 06:55 PM
he only killed ismael in the uncut version, where he beat him up and drowned him. he wasn't killed in the other version.

Oh, really? Apparently, we watched two different movies.

You were banned. I can't imagine why.

SlasherBoi
05-18-2009, 10:33 AM
I think Mikey was too fucked up in the head so he didn't give a shit who was who and he just wanted to kill even though he shouldn't have killed Ismael as he was as nice as he could be too him ever since Mikey was a lad but guess Mikey felt threatened when he put the cuffs on him to take him back to his room so he figured the only way to not let that happen was to kill him.

michealjamie6
05-18-2009, 12:40 PM
I think that micheal killed him because he was going to put the handcuffs on him and I think he was mad as hell and killed him.

metallicabowler
05-19-2009, 05:01 PM

Right on Pandaz, his death was totally necessary.

big mike
06-14-2009, 11:21 AM
because zombie was making a statement that he was a nice kid a few years ago but now hes nothing but evil

it was basically a way to say

yeah hes a badass and hes showing it

Hinchy
06-14-2009, 12:47 PM
"Dont call me mike, my names Micheal"-Young Micheal- RZH1

Ismael was forever calling him Mikey. When you see Ismael talking to Micheal for the first time, you see young micheal react to Ismael calling him Mikey with an evil look.

He was a dead man from then on.:violin:

matthewsdad1974
07-17-2009, 06:24 AM
Michael has no mercy. He is pure evil:roflmao:

DHFallenAngel87
08-27-2009, 10:43 AM
he should of did it because it shows that he doesn't care about anyone :)

Scanman22
08-28-2009, 02:51 AM
That made me sad....

zombie commando
08-28-2009, 05:26 AM

He could have let him live, but Myers is pure evil, or a psychopath or angry white trash or whatever, so killing him was probably in the cards for quite some time. I got the impression that when he goes into full tilt kill mode nobody is safe but his mother and younger sister, but after the betrayal not even she was safe.

Danny Strode
08-28-2009, 06:04 AM
Michael killing Ismael established that there wasn't a "mercy" rule and that he could kill anyone without question or hesitation, no matter how close to him they were.

lostunderamind
09-07-2009, 11:10 AM
I agree, with Michael killing Ismael who was the only person protecting him and caring for him. It just showed that Michael has no remorse or feelings for anybody.

Handofdoom71
09-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Him and Ishmael went way back, so Mikey wouldn't kill the only person who treated him like a human being when he was growing up. Michael knew he had a sorta "friendship" with the guy, so it was never his intention to kill him. He was testing their friendship when he stuck his hands out to be cuffed. He was testing Ishmael to see if he would really betray their friendship by having him locked up again. When Michael saw that was Ishmael's intention, he didn't care if they were friends, Ishmael betrayed him and in Mike's eyes, he deserved to be dead.

Danny Strode
09-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Him and Ishmael went way back, so Mikey wouldn't kill the only person who treated him like a human being when he was growing up. Michael knew he had a sorta "friendship" with the guy, so it was never his intention to kill him. He was testing their friendship when he stuck his hands out to be cuffed. He was testing Ishmael to see if he would really betray their friendship by having him locked up again. When Michael saw that was Ishmael's intention, he didn't care if they were friends, Ishmael betrayed him and in Mike's eyes, he deserved to be dead.

I think either way, it would've been the case. With Ismael having the handcuffs, it was a good way for Michael to attack him while he was defenseless.

ALDO
09-07-2009, 01:33 PM
I agree, with Michael killing Ismael who was the only person protecting him and caring for him. It just showed that Michael has no remorse or feelings for anybody.

Except his little sister.

missvirginia91
09-07-2009, 04:28 PM
I agree, there was no real reason that he should have killed him. He was the only one who was humane to Michael, well, besides Loomis.

Michael Voorhees
09-15-2009, 08:24 PM
I think it was a good thing to have Michael kill him to show that he was evil and uncaring of anyone but Deborah, Laurie, and maybe Loomis.

FD3andHalloween
11-13-2009, 07:41 PM
I guiss you dont show sympathy to the Devil.

:bow:

Mikey_MyersH2
11-13-2009, 08:03 PM
I still think he didnt have to kill him.

jimmydsausage
12-03-2009, 08:29 PM
i have a bootleg workprint of the film where it just completely skips over the part of him killing ismael... so when i first saw on dvd was like wtf???.. although its sad.. its right..

Mikey_MyersH2
12-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Dont mention bootlegs on OHMB.

mmfan44
12-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Because Michael Myers is a heartless, souless, killing machine.

Rich
12-16-2009, 09:17 AM

"I was good to you Mikey! I was good to you!"

Michael, in the Rob Zombie Universe, was a barely rational psychopath, psychologically scarred by his upbringing. His rational thinking would not be the same as ours. That, my friend, is why he was in an assylum.

CJ7
01-30-2010, 10:34 AM
I agree with Pandaz about Ismaels death being important.Its sad that Michael kills him but he is psychotic so he probably doesnt care who he kills.

Darth Revan
01-31-2010, 01:02 PM
Just because you give sympathy, doesn't mean you will get it in return. Real life stuff...

Myers78-?
02-12-2010, 05:37 AM
Half of you guys don't know vwhat you're saying. Michael killed Ismael because he's a killing machine. He is the devil, and Mr. Zombie has stated before on the commentary "Even though Ismael was nice and sympathetic to Michael, Michael wouldn't know what that is and how it feels to have a friend. He's been locked up and he's THE DEVIL!" Well those aren't the exact words, but close enough

Diamond Wings
02-12-2010, 05:52 AM
^ You actually basically stated what a lot of people have been saying, so, maybe half of them do know what they're talking about.

Bearscubsfan87
02-12-2010, 09:56 AM
This may have been said, but I always looked at it as Michael felt betrayed when Ismail tried to cuff him and take him back to his cell.

Masked Madman
02-12-2010, 10:06 AM
This may have been said, but I always looked at it as Michael felt betrayed when Ismail tried to cuff him and take him back to his cell.

I think Michael extending his arms was just a trap to get Ismael to come closer, he was going to kill him no matter what imo. Im glad Michael killed Ismael because it shows Michael has no compassion for anything and is merciless.