PDA

View Full Version : Michael's tough time in this movie?

james283126
03-16-2009, 11:00 AM
I have been wondering for a while, and i know it's just a movie and you guys dont know either but i would love your opinions on this...Why do you think Michael had such a hard time killing people???? I mean he would struggle and then finally get them. And or not kill them. Like (Ismael) (Big Joe G) (Loomis) (Annie) Which i think he chose to let her live, which doesent sound like mikey,(Cynthia) I mean i think it might have to do with the fact that Rob was trying to humanize him, cause if it were the old mike he probably would'nt have struggled much, well maybe in the original, just because he wasent a straight up supernatural force until H2 so i dont know:nodsmile:

slipknot666
03-16-2009, 11:10 AM
He was just playing with them.

james283126
03-16-2009, 11:11 AM
He was just playing with them.well that might be the case with cynthia and annie but he was struggling with ismael and big joe, and he thought loomis was dead, so he struggled with that to

dashroomfreakxx
03-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Joe G was a big guy. Realistically anyone couldn't just over power a guy of that size, so it was pretty realistic if you ask me.

slipknot666
03-16-2009, 11:19 AM
well that might be the case with cynthia and annie but he was struggling with ismael and big joe, and he thought loomis was dead, so he struggled with that to
Well I can understand struggling w/ Big Joe. Ken Foree is a fucking big guy. I was on an elevator with him at 30YOT and he was way fucking bigger than me, and I'm not exactly the smallest guy in the world. As for Ismael, I don't know, he did the deed without struggling too much in my eyes. As for Loomis, well....

james283126
03-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Well I can understand struggling w/ Big Joe. Ken Foree is a fucking big guy. I was on an elevator with him at 30YOT and he was way fucking bigger than me, and I'm not exactly the smallest guy in the world. As for Ismael, I don't know, he did the deed without struggling too much in my eyes. As for Loomis, well....well the reason i say he struggled with ismael is because, he took like 2 minutes trying to kill him, threw him around, tried to drown him, and then threw a tv on him, where as the old mike would have probably just grabbed his neck with one hand and strangled him, so it was probably just rob making him more realistic, but the thing thats funny is he could take out all those guards like nothing but struggle with one man, so idk

slipknot666
03-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I guess that one wasn't your typical yank em off the floor and snap their neck kill. He definately still fucked him up though.

FTL
03-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Tough time getting it up. He only gets hard when he kills animals.

captainoneliner
03-16-2009, 12:08 PM
It's funny, on the main page it shows this topic as "Michaels tough time in this..." and I keep thinking ECONOMY.

Poor Shape. Everybody's hurting.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
03-16-2009, 12:23 PM
It's funny, on the main page it shows this topic as "Michaels tough time in this..." and I keep thinking ECONOMY.

Poor Shape. Everybody's hurting.

Yeah, apparently to try and make ends meet he had to sell his mask...

Danny Strode
03-16-2009, 12:37 PM
He was just playing around. If he killed them fast, then we would have one short fucking movie.

theshape09
03-17-2009, 06:37 AM
he wasn't struggling he was just taking his time!

In The Shadows
03-17-2009, 08:24 AM
I think he didn't kill annie to use her as bait for jamie. As for Michael "struggling", Rob said he would make him more human, and he did. In the originals, Michael Myers was way more stealth in killing his victims....hiding in the shadows, in the back seat, in the closet, where as in Robs version, he was much more brutal and sloppy if you ask me.

Black Sunshine
03-17-2009, 08:44 AM
I think that we have to keep in mind that michael actually enjoys the kill... thats why he looks at it almost like artwork when turns his head to observe what he has done...and in this movie he isnt imortal.... he knows he can be hurt... so he has to be more cautious... u can let big Joe stab u first.... the real difference is that michael knows that he is willing and able to kill....

slasherfanatic
03-17-2009, 08:54 AM
Yeah, I agree Rob Zombie just wanted more raw brutality, a bit more realism. In fact, my only real complaint with RHZ was that the brutality and Gore (i.e. the kid getting beat down with a branch) kindawatered down the scare factor..just my opinion

LD:50
03-19-2009, 12:43 PM
realistic and playing with them I guess

Rich
03-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Besides taking magnum bullets and being shot to the head, Michael was basically a human (though he did have some supernaturalness to him despite Rob Zombie denying it). Face it, Big Joe Grizzly was a pretty big guy so I can picture him putting up that kind of fight.

Michael Voorhees
09-17-2009, 06:13 AM
I feel sorry for Ken. For anyone that's listened to Rob's commentary Tyler really broke that steel stall when banging Ken against it. And he didn't struggle killing anyone. He tried to go easy on Ismael who insisted on staying alive. Me? I would've played dead after he tried to drown me. Anywho, he didn't struggle, and despite Rob denying it, there were a few supernatural elements to Michael in both films, imo.

Jigsawface
11-03-2009, 10:52 AM
But do you think this movie is the goriest Halloween since part 4?

TheThirdHalf
11-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Part 4 wasn't gory. At all, haha. 6 was though.

Danny Strode
11-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Pfft. I've left gorier things in the toilet.

Mikey_MyersH2
11-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Everyone thinks that mental hospital scene was gorey it was just a light show.

Diamond Wings
11-06-2009, 07:40 PM
I'd say it was a combo of Michael toying with his victims, in addition to Zombie's attempt to make things a bit more realistic.