PDA

View Full Version : Did the timeline confuse anyone else?

Spongerboy
02-16-2009, 11:54 PM
I just watched this movie again recently and one thing stuck out to me. Now, I don't know if this has been discussed before, but... whatever.

The opening with Michael as a child takes place in 1978. He kills his family then goes to Smith's Grove. I think a year passes at the asylum before we get the "Fifteen Years Later" print on screen. This is now the time Michael is grown up, breaks out, and goes to Haddonfield to find Laurie.

Wouldn't this put the movie somewhere in the 1993 range as opposed to 2007? Am I missing something? This whole thing never registered with me before, but now it's bugging me.

MischievousSpirit
02-17-2009, 12:04 AM
I try not to think about the timeline too much in this movie, mostly because no actual dates are given. Which means it could take place in any timeline you wish. :D

Beisdes. It was 17 years since the first murders. Coinciding with Laurie being 17 years old. :p

P.S. I watched the movie just today, Brackett says it was "about 17 years ago." Which would make it 1995, if the first murders took place in 1978.

Spongerboy
02-17-2009, 12:06 AM
I try not to think about the timeline too much in this movie, mostly because no actual dates are given. Which means it could take place in any timeline you wish. :D

Well I remember it said the beginning was 1978, and Lynda was using a cell phone before she got killed. So...

But I don't know if it's on the directors cut or not (can't remember), but I specifically remember that at least in the theatrical version the opening was in '78. I remember because I thought it was a cool homage to the original, as did a reviewer whose article I read about it. So that wouldn't explain how Lynda is on a cell phone in '95. Well, ok, maybe. But not a cell that looked like that. No way.

MischievousSpirit
02-17-2009, 12:13 AM
Well I remember it said the beginning was 1978, and Lynda was using a cell phone before she got killed. So...

There was also a late 2000's model white Ford Mustang parked by a tree when Laurie see's Michael standing in front of the original Strode House.

Loomis was using a big bulky flip cell phone! Go figure!

Spongerboy
02-17-2009, 12:16 AM
There was also a late 2000's model white Ford Mustang parked by a tree when Laurie see's Michael in front of the original Strode House.

Loomis was using a big bulky flip cell phone! Go figure!

Now it's bugging the crap out of me.

MischievousSpirit
02-17-2009, 12:21 AM
Now it's bugging the crap out of me.

Like I said. I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's just a movie. Enjoy it was for what it is!:p

Spongerboy
02-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Like I said. I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's just a movie. Enjoy it was for what it is!:p

No, I love movies, and I'm not usually one to nitpick. I'm not saying the movie is a piece of garbage for it, I was just wondering if there was an explanation that I missed or something.

MischievousSpirit
02-17-2009, 12:29 AM
No, I love movies, and I'm not usually one to nitpick. I'm not saying the movie is a piece of garbage for it, I was just wondering if there was an explanation that I missed or something.

Now if RZH takes place in '95 why would Tom Sawyer be playing on the truck stop radio? And Don't Fear The Reaper be playing on Lynda's radio when she and Bob had sex? :D

Danny Strode
02-17-2009, 12:38 AM
Well I remember it said the beginning was 1978, and Lynda was using a cell phone before she got killed.

And that cell phone is an early 2000's model, because my mother has the very same one. Still does.

Diamond Wings
02-17-2009, 05:40 AM
Are you talking about the Zombie Halloween or original Halloween?? Because the original states that the murders took place in the 60's.

EvilOnTwoLegs
02-17-2009, 06:43 AM
Now if RZH takes place in '95 why would Tom Sawyer be playing on the truck stop radio? And Don't Fear The Reaper be playing on Lynda's radio when she and Bob had sex? :D

Because those songs play on shitty classic rock stations all the time? :p

And in the beginning, it never says what the year is. So Michael snapped in the '80s. Problem solved.

Are you talking about the Zombie Halloween or original Halloween?? Because the original states that the murders took place in the 60's.

Since we're in the forum for RZH, I think it can be readily assumed that that's the movie being discussed.

captainoneliner
02-17-2009, 07:15 AM
So Michael snapped in the '80s.

We all did, man. We all did.

EvilOnTwoLegs
02-17-2009, 07:20 AM
It was those goddamn parachute pants, I tells ya!

halloweenfan89
02-17-2009, 07:46 AM
We all did, man. We all did.

Glad I was born in 89 then lol. 80's sound horrible lol

FTL
02-17-2009, 09:17 AM
It was those goddamn parachute pants, I tells ya!

I thought it was those damn enchiladas!

Muse
02-17-2009, 09:23 AM
The only thing that confused me was that, if this was supposed to take place in 1995, then why the fuck did Loomis, I think it was, have a really modern cell phone?! If I remember rightly, anyway...

Danny Strode
02-17-2009, 09:36 AM
But he didn't. His phone was as big as a flowerpot.

Muse
02-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Are you sure? I could've sworn it was a little silver thing...

captainoneliner
02-17-2009, 11:10 AM
But he didn't. His phone was as big as a flowerpot.

Aha! And the reference sneaks in yet again.

Spongerboy
02-17-2009, 11:29 AM
Because those songs play on shitty classic rock stations all the time? :p

And in the beginning, it never says what the year is. So Michael snapped in the '80s. Problem solved.

But I remember specifically sitting in the theater seeing the "1978" on screen. I also remember a reviewer talking about how it was cool because the original was released that year.

It may not be on the director's cut, but I'm sure it was at least in the theatrical.

tmlfan4life
02-17-2009, 11:34 AM
The one thing that confuses me is when Loomis tell's Michael he's been silent for 15 years, then later on Brackett talks about Michael's mother killing herself 17 years before. So are we to believe that Michael stopped talking 2 years after he was locked up at Smith's Grove?

Spongerboy
02-17-2009, 11:41 AM
The one thing that confuses me is when Loomis tell's Michael he's been silent for 15 years, then later on Brackett talks about Michael's mother killing herself 17 years before. So are we to believe that Michael stopped talking 2 years after he was locked up at Smith's Grove?

I think that's what they were trying to say there. There was a lot of sanitarium scenes with young Michel.

tmlfan4life
02-17-2009, 11:44 AM
There was a lot of sanitarium scenes with young Michel.I thought there was to many scenes like that, however I don't want to get off topic.

MischievousSpirit
02-17-2009, 11:45 AM
But I remember specifically sitting in the theater seeing the "1978" on screen. I also remember a reviewer talking about how it was cool because the original was released that year.

It may not be on the director's cut, but I'm sure it was at least in the theatrical.

I have the Theatrical cut on DVD. And it's not there either. :D

Spongerboy
02-17-2009, 11:47 AM
I have the Theatrical cut on DVD. And it's not there either. :D

What? Are you serious? I can swear to Neptune that I remember it. I swear.

tmlfan4life
02-17-2009, 11:52 AM
What? Are you serious? I can swear to Neptune that I remember it. I swear.I have seen both versions and none of them say 1978.

MischievousSpirit
02-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Bullshit! Here's a screencap I just took!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v715/MischievousSpirit/PDVD_160.jpg

Do you see 1978 anywhere?

If I could take a cap of he Blu-Ray uncut version I would.

So you people need to watch it again.

Spongerboy
02-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Bullshit! Here's a screencap I just took!

Do you see 1978 anywhere?

I think I'm going crazy. I'll see if I can find that review.

Pepperkin
02-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Not to go off topic but i remember seeing Scream 2 in theaters and i clearly remember Neve saying "Not in my sequel". Yet on my dvd she doesn't.
So maybe it was different in theaters and said 1978?

MischievousSpirit
02-17-2009, 12:03 PM
I think I'm going crazy. I'll see if I can find that review.

Rob Zombie says in the commentary he makes it look like the 70's, but he never says what year it is to make it non-specific. Then jumps ahead 15 years so we never know where we are. BAM! :p

Spongerboy
02-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Not to go off topic but i remember seeing Scream 2 in theaters and i clearly remember Neve saying "Not in my sequel". Yet on my dvd she doesn't.
No, it's totally on topic, and that's the exact kind of thing I think happened.

Rob Zombie says in the commentary he makes it look like the 70's, but he never says what year it is to make it non-specific. Then jumps ahead 15 years so we never know where we are. BAM!
Ok, I believe he said that, but... ah screw it.

I remember sitting there in the theater thinking it was a cool homage to the original, and I remember the review. But I can't find it now, there's so many. Maybe it was a different remake?

EvilOnTwoLegs
02-17-2009, 12:54 PM

Nope...I saw it twice. No year was ever stated. Not for the backstory portion or the remake portion.

No, it's totally on topic, and that's the exact kind of thing I think happened.

If so, then it was on some prints of the movie and not others...and I'd say there's only about a 0.01% chance of that being the case, so I doubt it. But it most definitely didn't state any year when I saw it in the theater. I would've noticed because Zombie specifically stated prior to the release that the timeframe was meant to be non-specific...so if it said "1978" at the beginning, I would've called bullshit.

Spongerboy
02-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Nope...I saw it twice. No year was ever stated. Not for the backstory portion or the remake portion.

If so, then it was on some prints of the movie and not others...and I'd say there's only about a 0.01% chance of that being the case, so I doubt it. But it most definitely didn't state any year when I saw it in the theater. I would've noticed because Zombie specifically stated prior to the release that the timeframe was meant to be non-specific...so if it said "1978" at the beginning, I would've called bullshit.

Fair enough. It's just weird that I seem to remember it, and that damn review. But, they apparently didn't happen.

I'm off to Smith's Grove now:crazy:

DanielleRocks
02-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Well, in the script it says 1978. Maybe that's where you got it?

Spongerboy
02-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Well, in the script it says 1978. Maybe that's where you got it?

I've never read the script, but at least that shows I'm on the right track in a sense. It's not completely absurd to assume Rob was thinking about it, and it might have ended up in a version of the film.

EvilOnTwoLegs
02-17-2009, 01:41 PM
I've never read the script, but at least that shows I'm on the right track in a sense. It's not completely absurd to assume Rob was thinking about it, and it might have ended up in a version of the film.

There was talk early on about setting the first part in 1978 and the remake portion in the mid-'90s, but Zombie abandoned the idea before shooting commenced, opting instead for a less specific timeframe.

Black Sunshine
03-07-2009, 05:55 PM
2 important things needed to factor in an accurate timeframe....

1. Michael is listening to God of Thunder By kiss in the begining of the movie... find out what yeat that came out and atleast u know it didnt take place before then.

2. they have small Cell Phones as opposed to the early 90's Zack Morris Phones...

we can all do the math from there!

TheThirdHalf
03-07-2009, 06:11 PM
early 90's Zack Morris Phones...

That's so fucking funny...that's what I refer to those phones as too. Now it'll probably end up as a reference on the Family Guy next

Danny Strode
03-07-2009, 08:52 PM
2. they have small Cell Phones as opposed to the early 90's Zack Morris Phones...

I had to read this twice before I understood just what you were talking about.

HFeildsGangsta
03-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Then the murders Michael commited as a kid were in 1992?

DanielleRocks
03-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Well, here's what I think it is.

The murders Michael committed were in 1979 and the remake portion took place in 1996. THe only reason I say this is because on the flyer for the Phantom Jam in H2, it clearly states that Halloween is on a Saturday. The events of H2 have already been stated to happen 2 years later, so that would make it in 1998, when Halloween was on a Saturday. That's my take.

EvilOnTwoLegs
03-28-2009, 01:53 PM
But, of course, we know that weekday/date syncing can't really be used to determine a particular year in a movie. Movies don't generally follow the same calendar we do. Hell, just look at the F13 series. haha I don't believe June 13th actually fell on a Friday during ANY of the years in which those films are allegedly set.

Danny Strode
03-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Well, here's what I think it is.

The murders Michael committed were in 1979 and the remake portion took place in 1996. THe only reason I say this is because on the flyer for the Phantom Jam in H2, it clearly states that Halloween is on a Saturday. The events of H2 have already been stated to happen 2 years later, so that would make it in 1998, when Halloween was on a Saturday. That's my take.

Was it established that this takes place in '79?

But, of course, we know that weekday/date syncing can't really be used to determine a particular year in a movie. Movies don't generally follow the same calendar we do. Hell, just look at the F13 series. haha I don't believe June 13th actually fell on a Friday during ANY of the years in which those films are allegedly set.

Well, that's a given because you can't even count on the continuity itself for shit.

EvilOnTwoLegs
03-29-2009, 02:14 AM
Nothing was established as far as set years in RZH. According to Zombie, it's deliberately ambiguous.

DanielleRocks
03-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Nothing was established as far as set years in RZH. According to Zombie, it's deliberately ambiguous.

Haha, yeah, but I live in this crazy little world where everything needs to line up all neat and proper.:p And partly because I try to remember what I was doing on that Halloween in question. Like, when the monstrosity that was Resurrection took was happening, I was chilling at a 9-hour-bonfire. Things like that.

myersRUNNER2
04-10-2009, 10:04 PM
i once asked this question to myself and just came to the conclusion due to a couple factors.
at first i read the script and it said 1978 which means when michael escapes it would be 1995, so i went into the theater thinking that.

i know for a fact on the screen it never gave a date because i sat there and wondered again, "okay what year is this happening since it didnt say anything?". so after a couple scenes laurie is walking down lampkin lane on halloween morning and i seen a couple recent car models, also the strodes car. also they were all dressed very 21st century, the fashion in the mid 90's was a bit, well whats the word im looking for... colorful and still in a way fading out of the 80's. after that i see lynda talking on a cell phone that i got in 2003, huge give away for me right there.. also about the cell phone thing, her backlight on her phone was blue, im pretty sure 100% of cellphones backlights back then were green.

after i thought about some of the things like the music and some of the fashion and why they seem out-of-date i came to the conclusion thatttttt.. its a small town! and what do small towns tend to do? keep some things city-slickers would consider, too old.

so thats it, i came to the conclusion that laurie was born in 1989/1990 and was stalked by her brother 2007 :]

MM2DYLAN
04-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Well, judging by the technology and automobiles in RZH, and some information given on Coffins's Myspace for H2, I'd say it takes place in 2007 or around there.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-11-2009, 06:51 PM
It works for me if RZH takes place in 2007...that means the new Myers and I are the same age. Prior to that, I had to accept that Michael Myers was pushing fifty...and even if it's true what The Tick said ("Evil, chum, is ever green!"), Myers being old enough to be my dad is...well, it's like every time I see the Rolling Stones on stage. I just think, "Guys...stop. You're embarrassing yourselves." :p

So that would mean Myers was born in 1980 in Zombie's timeline, and killed Judith et al in 1990. Obviously, this isn't confirmed...but the remake portion does definitely seem to take place sometime post-2000.

carol
04-11-2009, 06:53 PM
It works for me if RZH takes place in 2007...that means the new Myers and I are the same age. Prior to that, I had to accept that Michael Myers was pushing fifty...and even if it's true what The Tick said ("Evil, chum, is ever green!"), Myers being old enough to be my dad is...well, it's like every time I see the Rolling Stones on stage. I just think, "Guys...stop. You're embarrassing yourselves." :p

So that would mean Myers was born in 1980 in Zombie's timeline, and killed Judith et al in 1990. Obviously, this isn't confirmed...but the remake portion does definitely seem to take place sometime post-2000.

I agree. This movie must take place in the present of it's release 2007. The sequel is even taking place 2 years after that in the date of it's release 2009.

Laurie2007
04-11-2009, 06:59 PM

thats how ive always seen it.....not that anyone cares what i see :roflmao:

Nemesis1835
04-11-2009, 08:59 PM
You could tell 17 years later it was in the 90s cause if u remembered at the truck stop the song Tom Soyer was on wich is a good song but no one really listens to that kinda music in 2007 and when linda and her boyfriend were in michaels house linda switches the radio station and dont fear the reaper was on wich dont come on the radio no more but is a good song. So u can kinda tell it wasnt in like 2007

boogeyman87
04-11-2009, 11:15 PM
You could tell 17 years later it was in the 90s cause if u remembered at the truck stop the song Tom Soyer was on wich is a good song but no one really listens to that kinda music in 2007 and when linda and her boyfriend were in michaels house linda switches the radio station and dont fear the reaper was on wich dont come on the radio no more but is a good song. So u can kinda tell it wasnt in like 2007

Never heard of a classic rock or greatest hits station? You know, they're right there next to all that current shit.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Never heard of a classic rock or greatest hits station? You know, there right there next to all that current shit.

Yeah, both of those songs are in pretty heavy rotation on "classic rock" stations all over America.

freethy
04-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Music these days isn't even fucking music. I can't watch MTV without vomiting blood. Fuck, they don't even put music on MTV. It's shit like "Coolio pimps sum bitches, pimps some rides, pimps some advertising, and pimps reality TV drivel, in a whorehouse of egotistical cunt stains worshiping their own misguided attempts to remotely entertain a society of fucking monkeys".

We are all fucked people. WE ARE ALL FUCKED!!

Lord Thurisaz
04-22-2009, 02:46 AM
Well, no not really, because the film wasn't meant to be a time piece as far as I know. However, the beginning is very reminiscent of the late 70s or early-mid 80s.

tripprivers
04-22-2009, 05:37 AM
after i thought about some of the things like the music and some of the fashion and why they seem out-of-date i came to the conclusion thatttttt.. its a small town! and what do small towns tend to do? keep some things city-slickers would consider, too old.

HAHAHA just reminds me of some of the rural towns back where I grew up. Went home to see my nieces cheer in a football game and I think the most up to date song that was played was 'Who Let the Dogs Out' and 'Cotton-Eyed Joe'. Hell half the women there still had their big poofy 80's bangs and crimped hair. It was like a time-warp and I LOVED IT!

The ambiguity of RZH's timeframe never really bothered me...its a fictional horror movie and as the title says, as long as its on Halloween I am all good. Now if it were a historical biopic....

Spongerboy
04-25-2009, 12:13 PM

Speak for yourself. I listen to Rush all the time. As a matter of fact, IMO classic rock is listened to just as much as most modern stuff.

Noctir
11-12-2011, 07:36 PM
This has always annoyed me. I would prefer a set time period, preferably the same one as in the original. Instead, it seems to be all over the place.

EvilOnTwoLegs
11-13-2011, 01:25 AM
Doesn't seem to be all over the place to me. The timeframe, as far as I can see, is roughly 1990-2007. Pretty straightforward and linear. "All over the place" would entail, at some point, jumping to, say, 1935, then to 2057, then back to 1976...maybe head back to the Stone Age for a scene or two, then skip way ahead to the year 2525, to see if Michael Myers is still alive. :p

RZH is a sloppy movie, no doubt, but its timeline makes sense.

Roswell
11-13-2011, 01:43 AM
I prefer the "nondescript 70s looking time period" to "nondescript modern day time period" time line myself. :bastard:

A Dumb Question
11-13-2011, 01:45 AM
According to Rob Zombie, 1990 looked roughly like the late 1970s. Of course, we all know that it actually looked roughly like the late 1980s.

EvilOnTwoLegs
11-13-2011, 01:55 AM
The kids in Haddonfield were just really attuned to what was going on in Seattle at the time. :p

Zombie didn't want a specific, easy-to-nail-down "period look" for the film, so it's got '70s style mixed with '90s and 21st century style.

I should start a thread called "When the hell is SE7EN supposed to take place?" The computers in the police station look like they're from the '80s, Mills looks like a '70s movie cop, the police captain's office is straight out of the '50s, Somerset dresses like a 1940s private dick, there's '90s alternative music playing on the radio, and no one has a cell phone. What the fuck?!

A Dumb Question
11-13-2011, 03:53 AM
Yeah, but SE7EN is a good movie...so there. :p

EvilOnTwoLegs
11-13-2011, 04:33 AM
Quality isn't the issue. The issue is the application of aesthetic trappings from various different eras into a single era, and whether or not that is "confusing."

To which my answer is, anyone confused by such things must have a hell of a time with the plot convolutions of Murder, She Wrote.

The Saw
11-13-2011, 06:13 AM
I don't care when it takes place.
I just enjoy the movie.

CJ7
11-13-2011, 02:26 PM
I can see how these sorts of things could bother some people, but I personally have never been bothered by any of it. I just take the film for what it is and don't concern myself with all of the time issues. I actually like that it doesn't take place during any particular time. I can't say that times and dates aren't important in films because they most certainly are. In some films. In Rob Zombie's Halloween, however, I don't think it really matters. The only date that really matters is October 31st.
Yeah, I could never figure out when the movie was suppossed to take place with all of the elements blended into it like there were, but as you said, the only thing about the time period that matters is October 31st.It not only made it possible to take place when ever, but it was also a first for the franchise sinceall of the other films were set in a specific year.

the 'M' clam
02-22-2012, 01:34 PM
No the timeline did not confuse me one tiny bit. It looks alot like the 90's.

Jenius
04-12-2012, 10:46 AM
The timeline bugged me too until I remembered quirks of Rob's from his other movies. He tends to add elements of particular things that he likes into each movie. In House of 1000 Corpses he had Otis and Hugo (I think that was the old guy's name) sitting there watching Rob's favorite episode of The Munsters. He's also said he loves the 70s and his 1st two movies were definitely set in that period so I can see Halloween having a huge 70s vibe even though he doesn't outright say it. Rob is a fan of Kiss, particularly Ace Frehley. Michael was wearing a Kiss t-shirt and listening to the Destroyer album in the very beginning. Then we see Laurie wearing a t-shirt with Ace Frehley on it in the 2nd movie.
I think when we see the "modern" portion of the movie and we don't hear modern music it could simply be because it's another way of Rob keeping the movie to his own tastes. I can understand why people would be confused with hearing Rush, BOC, or even the Moody Blues (from H2.) I was surprised to see Laurie, Harley and Mya rocking out to MC5! How many kids today know who the MC5 were?

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-12-2012, 01:26 PM
The timeline bugged me too until I remembered quirks of Rob's from his other movies. He tends to add elements of particular things that he likes into each movie. In House of 1000 Corpses he had Otis and Hugo (I think that was the old guy's name) sitting there watching Rob's favorite episode of The Munsters. He's also said he loves the 70s and his 1st two movies were definitely set in that period so I can see Halloween having a huge 70s vibe even though he doesn't outright say it. Rob is a fan of Kiss, particularly Ace Frehley. Michael was wearing a Kiss t-shirt and listening to the Destroyer album in the very beginning. Then we see Laurie wearing a t-shirt with Ace Frehley on it in the 2nd movie.
I think when we see the "modern" portion of the movie and we don't hear modern music it could simply be because it's another way of Rob keeping the movie to his own tastes. I can understand why people would be confused with hearing Rush, BOC, or even the Moody Blues (from H2.) I was surprised to see Laurie, Harley and Mya rocking out to MC5! How many kids today know who the MC5 were?

Uncle Meat probably schooled them in old school music. I mean, dude's named after a Zappa record...he's gotta know his stuff.

Then again, I was listening to the MC5 when I was in high school, and that was 25 years after they broke up. There'll always be kids who listen to more obscure rock from decades past. For me, I got into the Sex Pistols when I was 14. The Pistols eventually led me to (among other bands) The Stooges, and the Stooges led me to (among even more bands) the MC5.

Jenius
04-13-2012, 11:47 AM
I know what you mean Evil. I was just surprised because where I'm from it's pretty uncommon for kids to be interested in older more obscure stuff. I was one of them. I grew up on a lot of 60s and 70s rock (hence the Kiss avatar) even though I'm a child of the 80s. And I was fortunate enough to be exposed to punk rock thanks to my dad. I wouldn't be caught dead listening to today's music.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-13-2012, 12:16 PM
I know what you mean Evil. I was just surprised because where I'm from it's pretty uncommon for kids to be interested in older more obscure stuff. I was one of them. I grew up on a lot of 60s and 70s rock (hence the Kiss avatar) even though I'm a child of the 80s. And I was fortunate enough to be exposed to punk rock thanks to my dad. I wouldn't be caught dead listening to today's music.

Yeah, I got my love of stuff like The Moody Blues, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Creedence, etc. from my dad, and my love of punk rock and post-punk from my sister...so I had a couple of strong musical influences before I start seeking things out on my own.

And there's still some good music out there today...you just have to really look for it. You show me a record with Mike Patton or Nick Cave on it, and I'll show you the money I'm spending to own it. haha

blacksymbiote
04-24-2012, 01:21 AM
I wasn't bothered by the timeline really and didn't actually try to associate specific years with the events. I just acknowledged the 17 year time jump while trying to remember Michael was supposed to be 10 instead of 6 when he was committed.