PDA

View Full Version : The scene at the cemetary

tmlfan4life
01-19-2009, 07:49 PM
During the scene with Loomis and the cemetary working we hear Loomis trying to call Brackett and then him and the cemetary guy (I forget his name) are talking about the book Loomis wrote. Anyway it was obvious that Loomis did not want him to know he wrote it, since it was mentioned as "fucking blood money." and since Loomis calls it a great book. However shouldn't the guy have known that was Loomis because we hear Loomis say his name out loud on the phone and etc, so if I was there I would say hey you wrote that book about Michael Myers.

MM2DYLAN
01-19-2009, 07:51 PM
I remember him asking for Brackett on the phone, but not saying his own name.

tmlfan4life
01-19-2009, 07:52 PM
He also said it's Dr Sam Loomis calling.

Danny Strode
01-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Did he? I guess I never paid attention. :p

Perhaps the keeper wasn't listening.

MM2DYLAN
01-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Or didn't remember the name of the doctor who wrote it.

El Rooto
01-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Now what if Chester did hear his name and decided to kick the shit out of Loomis? I think it would change the course of RZH history!

MM2DYLAN
01-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Chester Chesterfield FTW, my friend.

EvilOnTwoLegs
01-19-2009, 10:33 PM
During the scene with Loomis and the cemetary working we hear Loomis trying to call Brackett and then him and the cemetary guy (I forget his name) are talking about the book Loomis wrote.

I think it's funny that your post here is about why this guy didn't pick up on who Loomis was, and yet you can't remember the guy's name. haha Common problem, isn't it? So if you can't remember his name, why should he remember that the doctor who wrote the book was named Sam Loomis? :p

And if you watch the scene, what he says is: "The doctor involved...I think he wrote a book or something. Fucking blood money."

So he thinks that the doctor involved wrote a book. If he's unsure as to whether or not Loomis did, in fact, write a book, then it's not much of a stretch to assume that he probably didn't remember Loomis's name.

tmlfan4life
01-20-2009, 11:22 AM
I think it's funny that your post here is about why this guy didn't pick up on who Loomis was, and yet you can't remember the guy's name. haha Common problem, isn't it? So if you can't remember his name, why should he remember that the doctor who wrote the book was named Sam Loomis? :p

And if you watch the scene, what he says is: "The doctor involved...I think he wrote a book or something. Fucking blood money."

So he thinks that the doctor involved wrote a book. If he's unsure as to whether or not Loomis did, in fact, write a book, then it's not much of a stretch to assume that he probably didn't remember Loomis's name.I just assumed he read the book since he knew about it and the way he mentioned the book. As for me not remembering that his name was Chester Chesterfield, should I because he was just another faceless character in the movie.

EvilOnTwoLegs
01-21-2009, 05:37 PM
So based on the line "I think he wrote a book or something," you gathered that the guy had read the book? The book that he's not even sure was actually written?

Sorry...that's not a reasonable assumption.

Danny Strode
01-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Even I don't have the line memorized.

Dead Mechanic
01-22-2009, 11:07 PM
Who cares?:roflmao:Sid Haig should've never even been in the movie. All he did was deliver the "I think she blew her fucking head off." line and repeat what the old guy in the original said, but added several more cuss words! That scene could've been cut and it wouldn't have mattered much.

EvilOnTwoLegs
01-22-2009, 11:36 PM
Actually, he didn't repeat anything the old guy in the original said...but hey, whatever floats your boat. :p

Dead Mechanic
01-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Actually, he didn't repeat anything the old guy in the original said...but hey, whatever floats your boat. :p
He said the "God damn, kids. Why do they do it?" line, except his was more like "God damn, fucking kids. Why do they fucking do it, sons of bitches!" or something like that haha I don't remember exactly.

TheChildMustDie
02-04-2009, 02:52 PM
tottaly off-topic but the second cemetary scene on the deleted scenes is fucking amazing and by far my favorite scene on the movie. Michael killing the gravekeeper in broad daylight.

captainoneliner
02-04-2009, 05:47 PM
So based on the line "I think he wrote a book or something," you gathered that the guy had read the book? The book that he's not even sure was actually written?

Sorry...that's not a reasonable assumption.

I don't know, I wouldn't put anything past a gravekeeper.

EvilOnTwoLegs
02-04-2009, 06:45 PM
I don't know, I wouldn't put anything past a gravekeeper.

He's been fuckin' them there corpses!

Rich
02-05-2009, 12:02 PM
I enjoyed the cemetary scene. I liked the scene in Brackett's office better though.

SlasherBoi
02-20-2009, 11:52 PM
The keeper wasn't either listening or was just a dumb ass

Zombie_Myers
02-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Chester Chesterfield FTW, my friend.

Loomis would destroy him, he's always ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.

The gravekeeper just couldn't remember Loomis' name, he didn't look like the remembering type hence when he brought up Deborah and Loomis' book he said I think. "I think she blew her fucking head off." "The Doctor involved I think he wrote a book or something."