PDA

View Full Version : Who's death did you have a hard time watching?

tmlfan4life
12-10-2008, 07:45 AM
If you had to vote on the one death scene you had a hard time watching which one would it be? My vote goes to Laurie's parents death because I would feel sorry for her when she found out they were dead, with Deborah killing herself coming in a close 2nd.

Ivan
12-10-2008, 08:05 AM
None. They were all stupid and deserved it.

sharkboy
12-10-2008, 08:10 AM
I don't really think Laurie's parents 'deserved it'....poor dude was just handing out candy :p

tmlfan4life
12-10-2008, 08:11 AM
I don't really think Laurie's parents 'deserved it'....poor dude was just handing out candy :pActually her mother went inside and her father was finishing his cigarette.

sharkboy
12-10-2008, 08:16 AM
oh in that case then he deserved it :bigeyes:

tmlfan4life
12-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Well it's the one time you can say smoking kills you, lol. :roflmao:

Roswell
12-10-2008, 10:12 AM
Three way tie between The Bully, Deborah, and Laurie's parents.

The Bully because it was such a brutal, hard to watch death.

Deborah because of the desperation and heartache that she displayed before she committed suicide.

And Laurie's parents because, well, they really didn't deserve it.

screamer88
12-10-2008, 10:58 AM
none were really hard for me to watch, but i felt bad when lauries parents were killed. as for the little punk in the beginning, i mean, he was just a kid but he had that coming. i know thats bad for me to say about a child, but he was a real ass to michael.

Danny Strode
12-10-2008, 01:20 PM
For me, it's a tie between the bully and Judith. I voted for Judith.

james283126
12-10-2008, 06:03 PM
for me the bully, it just kind of caught me off guard and was very brutal, and the sunsetting mixed with the atmosphere of the woods, just those elements mixed with his blood was kind of hard to watch, but now im over it,lol

Moron86
12-10-2008, 07:30 PM
I voted for Deborah. I wasn't a fan of a lot of the backstory created, but Sheri Moon was the saving grace of that section of the movie for me. The sanitarium scenes with her and Michael really stuck with me and I genuinely felt for this woman who lost everyone she may have loved so brutally. She stayed supportive of Michael as long as she could, and her breaking point was so sad to watch. Sheri did a beautiful job with it in my opinion.

theshape09
12-13-2008, 01:36 AM
i voted for laurie's parents cz they were the only victims that i got attached to them cz the acting was soo good that they made it look real

haddonfieldfan
12-13-2008, 11:13 AM
I voted for Deborah. I wasn't a fan of a lot of the backstory created, but Sheri Moon was the saving grace of that section of the movie for me. The sanitarium scenes with her and Michael really stuck with me and I genuinely felt for this woman who lost everyone she may have loved so brutally. She stayed supportive of Michael as long as she could, and her breaking point was so sad to watch. Sheri did a beautiful job with it in my opinion.

Voted the same for the exact same reason. Deborah was the only one I cared about, plus she killed herself which is quite shocking-first character suicide of the Halloween franchise? The other characters I didnt feel anything for them as the bully was an asshole and we barely got to know lauries adopted parents. The next shocking death for me after Deborah would of been Michael killing the Smiths Grove guy (his name eascapes me!) who seemed to look after Michael when he was in the sanitarium, but when Michael escapes he kills him- I thought he might of spared him.

Sisto4Myers
12-13-2008, 12:36 PM
How did anyone have a "hard time watching" the death of Deborah, when you don't even see her die?

Roswell
12-13-2008, 12:46 PM
How did anyone have a "hard time watching" the death of Deborah, when you don't even see her die?

Just because you don't see anything doesn't make the scene any easier to swallow. The torment and pain on Deborah's face in that scene is what makes her death "hard to watch", despite not seeing the actual death of the character.

Ivan
12-13-2008, 04:40 PM
...The next shocking death for me after Deborah would of been Michael killing the Smiths Grove guy (his name eascapes me!) who seemed to look after Michael when he was in the sanitarium, but when Michael escapes he kills him- I thought he might of spared him.His name was Ismael Cruz (played by Danny Trejo).

Pepperkin
12-13-2008, 05:52 PM
first character suicide of the Halloween franchise?Hmm, i always thought that guy that mouthed off to Michael in H4 was the first suicide. :bastard:

I voted other because i really thought it was sickening the way Michael killed off Ismael. He'd been good to Mikey and tried to remind Myers of that over and over.

However i thought the bully death was a little much too.
Bullies are awful and the way they torment others isn't fair but that never warrants death. He didn't deserve to get beaten to death.
Michael should've told someone. Help is always available.
Then RZ's Halloween could've been about Michael helping to stop bullies in America!

RZH2fan
12-19-2008, 07:31 AM
Debroh, that was definetly the saddest scene in the whole movie.

murder667
12-20-2008, 06:38 PM
i voted other cuz ismels was hard to watch, danny trejo did a great job to make that character sympathetic. i was hoping mike wouldnt kill him. be hes the shape...so i figured he would lol

and lauries parents are second. when mike slit her dads throat i jumped like 2 feet in the air when i saw that in the theatre lol. i admit it.

Laurie2007
12-20-2008, 06:40 PM
ishmaels was hard to watch for sure

Erin Brixon
12-20-2008, 06:47 PM
lauries parents like said earlier they didnt deserve it and Dee is one of my favorites and the way she told michael not to hurt her daughter just made it so sad that she was more concerned with her daughters life then her own now im said :godno:

DoomsdayFAN
12-20-2008, 09:02 PM
None. They were all stupid and deserved it.

Yeah, pretty much.

Buckyspowerline
12-27-2008, 05:34 PM
Ismael Cruz for me. He was so good to Michael, and then Michael escaped and ismael even pleaded with him, that was the tough one for me

Zombie_Myers
01-03-2009, 02:27 PM
I'd say Deborah's suicide was the hardest followed by Ismaels.

I had no sympathy for the bully at all.

ILoveChiaPetsXD
01-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Laurie's parents, and Deborah.

All Mason Strode wanted was to stay home for vacation, and some lovin :p

SasorRegateme
01-12-2009, 12:01 PM
I voted 'other' and my choice would have to be the caretaker character played by Danny Trejo in the unrated directors cut. The blood coming out of his mouth is a bit much.

Rich
02-05-2009, 12:03 PM
I don't have a hard time with any of the kills. The hardest thing for me to watch in the movie was the rape scene that happened right in front of Michael.

jaycediaz
02-08-2009, 08:33 AM
JOE GRIZZLY!!! :godno:

FTL
02-08-2009, 02:12 PM
haha I'm gonna say Ronnie.

When he was getting slit, I didn't think of him as Ronnie but as Forsythe lol

SlasherBoi
02-20-2009, 11:51 PM
for me it's a tie between Judith and Laurie's 'rents!

Slasher Fan
02-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Laurie's parents' death was pretty nasty. Especially the mum.

I love Dee Wallace Stone ever since I saw her in Critters. I hated seeing her die like this.

FlowerPot
03-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Hard to stomach: Laurie's folks

Hard to watch: the bully

I mean like even though the bully was a douche, you cant help but feel sorry for the kid. I mean no one deserves to die like that, getting beaten painfully by a huge stick probably the weight of a bowling bowl for HOURS until you slowly give away. Maybe it's cause I was also liked Spy Kids as well xD.

tripprivers
03-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Had to go with Judith's scene - realistic and brutal and the fact that her little brother was doing it made it real hard to watch.
As far as most emotional, Deborah Myers suicide. The scene in the hospital right before was my favorite of the entire film, slow motion, blaring sirens, Michael's scream at his own mother and Sherri's performance just sold it for me.

But why does everyone have to crawl right before they are killed? I was so tired of seeing poor girls crawl (Judith, Stode momma, Annie) after getting attacked. And the sound of bare Danielle Harris flesh squeeking across the floor as shes dragged away...eeeeeeeeesh. Made my skin crawl...which I might add to that post thread forum thing...
Just kidding, I got no real beef with crawling victims, I just wanted to bitch to feel like a true contributor to the message boards and honestly couldnt think of anything...

Boogeyman707
03-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Judith, slashing her legs when shes trying to walk away...... I would have just laid down and let him finsih me off fast

Michael Voorhees
03-28-2009, 02:39 AM
The caretaker...the other kills I can watch with no problem. In fact, I usually just fast forward past the caretaker's death.

MMNASC
04-13-2009, 07:38 PM
tie between deborah and laurie's parents.......note on "laurie's parents," it's more mrs. strode i felt bad for...not so much mr. strode....

myerslilBRO
04-14-2009, 09:11 AM
I had a hard time watching Deborah's suicide...i thought it was sad, with her watching home movies and knowing that her entire family is dead and that Michael had become "unreachable" and she couldn't help him...plus i like Sheri Moon:crush:

Scout Boy 1
04-14-2009, 09:33 AM
Definitely Laurie's parents......

I found it so hard to watch when Cynthia was dragging herself away and screaming:
"You leave my baby alone!"

I think Dee Wallace is an amazing actress too

myerslilBRO
04-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Definitely Laurie's parents......

I found it so hard to watch when Cynthia was dragging herself away and screaming:
"You leave my baby alone!"

I think Dee Wallace is an amazing actress too

Dee Wallace is great...i liked her in "Critters"

Five by Five
04-15-2009, 08:08 AM
Probably the boys in the woods. I remember everyone in the theater was covering their eyes during that scene because it was so hard to watch.

Danny Strode
04-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Probably the boys in the woods. I remember everyone in the theater was covering their eyes during that scene because it was so hard to watch.

I didn't close my eyes, but it was definitely hard to watch. Still is for me.

Five by Five
04-16-2009, 07:05 PM
He beat the living shit out of that kid. Maybe that can send a message to bullies.

"Go on, say something because after school when no ones looking, Im going to beat you to death. :)"

carol
04-16-2009, 07:06 PM
He beat the living shit out of that kid. Maybe that can send a message to bullies.

"Go on, say something because after school when no ones looking, Im going to beat you to death. :)"

I agree. Something like that can actually happen to some one like that. So to any bullies who saw this movie better be alert.

Five by Five
04-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Stuff like that has probably happened. Look at Columbine: it wasnt a stick but they got their point across.

lostunderamind
04-19-2009, 11:49 AM
For me deborah was the hardest to watch. I oddly enjoyed the bullys death because of how much I felt he deserved it.

Five by Five
04-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Deborahs death was hard to watch, but I felt that was a really good scene in the movie because it showed that Rob does have a creative skill. He said in the commentary that originally blood splattered on the screen, but he felt that it would be more emotional if we didnt see that and left it up in the air.

mr32
04-21-2009, 10:12 PM
What a lousy poll!? Damn i dont know the character name, but i know the actor name. I had a hard time seeing michael kill his friend. The character was played by Danny Trejo.

Lord Thurisaz
04-21-2009, 10:15 PM
^^^ Ismael ^^^

I had trouble watching Deborah's death. Sheri portrayed a lot of emotion and sold the scene.

Halloweenfan80
04-23-2009, 06:48 AM
Laurie's Parents

mlf200811
04-25-2009, 12:38 PM
the bully,it was so disturbing and slow, plus Michael screams in anger in one of the cuts.

Five by Five
05-09-2009, 01:13 PM
I think Rob definately captured the viewer and pulled a Hitchcock Psycho type thing where one minute we are rooting for Michael and then the next we root for the bully.

Superman
05-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Laurie's parents. There was no need for that.

Padams
05-09-2009, 02:24 PM
None, simply because I did not care about any of these people.

Deviancy
05-09-2009, 02:35 PM
As far as the poll goes, I went with Laurie's parents.

Ismael was a good guy as well.

The others were kind of dicks.

The way Zombie made it seem, but maybe I'm reading into it too much, Mikey wouldn't have killed Judith if she hadn't started hitting him. And I don't think he'd have killed Ismael if Ismael had just walked away. The same goes for Loomis, he totally ignored Loomis but Loomis kept getting in his face. And of course he wanted affection from Laurie but she got abusive. So I am really interested to see what mommy myers tells him to do about Laurie.

So this Michael seems to play favorites a bit more than the original.

Which kind of in a way makes him more interesting.

Todd
05-09-2009, 02:41 PM
I didn't like watching Linda die.
Poor naked girl just minding her own business.

Lord Thurisaz
05-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Lynda was a bitch. She should've been given the Spocker. :bastard:

tommyrotten
05-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Without a doubt, when the young Micheal beats the other school boy with a branch in the woods. It was very real to me, the kids last gasps, eyes blood shot from the blows to the head, the dark red arterial blood, way over the top. Just brutal to watch.

xBabyBoo666x
05-09-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm stuck between Deborah & Ismael . However I gave my vote to other/Ismael , I just felt really bad for him how he was like "I was good to you Mikey" or something like that. I wonder would Michael had killed Ismael had he just let Michael go or walk away himself ?

MichaelMyers
05-09-2009, 05:04 PM
If I had to choose it would be the bully's death.

Todd
05-09-2009, 05:10 PM
I would say the bullys death was the most disturbing if not for the fact that he was a BULLY. How many of us haven't thought about fucking up somebody like that?
Now Linda, while she might have been a little conceited, was still young and hot. It was like watching a fine piece of fine art set ablaze.

Deviancy
05-09-2009, 06:23 PM
I forgot to mention the mouse and the kitty.

Laurie's parents
Ismael
Mouse
Kitty

I know we don't really see a death scene, we just see the pictures Loomis tosses to Deb, and the body. But that was enough for me.

For some reason it bugs me more when people attack or kill children or animals.

Art_of_Horror
05-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Deborah.

dawn9476
05-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Ismael and Laurie's adopted mom. Though they had to be the hardest to watch because Michael killing them showed how evil he really is.

metallicabowler
05-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Danny Trejo was GREAT in his death scene, I felt TERRIBLE for his character, but his death was very necessary because everyone up to that point that Michael had killed deserved it in one way or another, with the exception of the cat and mouse. So it was Michael finally showing that he was sparing NO ONE.

Ispitonmygrave
05-22-2009, 08:31 AM
I'm surprised nobody mentioned his sister's bf.

For some reason, that kill gets to me.

Seeing the poor guy twitch on the floor after getting his skull bashed with a bat freaks me out.

Girard
05-22-2009, 08:45 AM
I voted Deborah. It was sad tp see this woman lose everyone she loved so brutallyand she stayed with Michael helping him as long and in whatever way she could. Her breaking point was VERY sad and touching to see.

xBabyBoo666x
05-22-2009, 12:17 PM
I completely forgot about the kitty :bigeyes: that was sad to watch even though they didn't show him killing the cat .

Five by Five
05-25-2009, 03:29 PM
I got to admit that Rob really worked it just how he wanted it when it came to making the audience feel emotional and horrible while watching someone die. Good job.

Nemesis1835
05-25-2009, 05:18 PM
ya i hard a hard time watching Lauries Foster parents because they didnt even do anything wrong...
I LOVED RONNIES DEATH!

faiblexdifficle
06-01-2009, 02:24 PM
the bully, omg. scared the crap outta me, and now i'm trying to be friends with everyone i come across so they never kill me like michael did to that kid. but in all reality, that kid was a b***h so he deserved it. but it was hard to watch.

Citan
06-03-2009, 04:41 AM
I felt perfectly comfortable with the death scenes...:p

dr.sk8er
06-03-2009, 04:52 AM
Probobly Judiths, it was pretty brutal. Although there were a few deaths scenes that made me cringe a little, like the bullys and Laurie's parents. Why does Rob Zombie insist on making the deaths as brutal as possible? -_-

TheThirdHalf
06-03-2009, 04:53 AM
Not sure. Death (murder) is a brutal business I guess? It's realistic, that's for sure.

Diamond Wings
06-03-2009, 05:17 AM
I felt perfectly comfortable with the death scenes...:p

Hence your avatar? :)

Horror Kitten
06-18-2009, 02:07 PM
I had the hardest time knowing that he was killing all the animals. I know I didn't "see" it, but I hate cruelty to animals and it just upsets me when one is killed, even in a movie. He was really brutalizing those poor things. I definitely could have done without seeing that in the movie.

I also didn't like that he killed Ismael. That poor guy did nothing at all. He was good to him, like he said.

MyersVictim
06-19-2009, 08:31 PM
I hated Laurie's parents deaths. Especially when Michael shows the picture of Laurie to mom right before he snaps her neck. Terrible

lauriestrode
06-28-2009, 02:36 AM
Definitely Deborah but I also felt so bad for the parents. Sheri Moon did an amazing job. While with Michael at the institution you could just see the life drained out of her already.

storyteller
07-11-2009, 04:35 PM
I had a hard time watching Deborah's... Shoddy acting will do that to you.

In all honesty, I kind of thought the Bully's murder was the most effective in getting me to 'not wanna watch mode'

lopli
07-12-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm not really sure. It's been a while since I saw the re-imagining. First time I seen it I had a hard time watching the bully's death, but I chose other because there was one death I don't really remember I had a hard time watching.

Citan
08-01-2009, 05:09 AM
I had a hard time watching Michael attack Annie....But she survives so I was fine....:D

MovieBoyShane
08-01-2009, 07:17 AM
The way Rob edited Judith's death scene makes it the most visceral and brutal of the film I think.

Mr Sandman
08-01-2009, 11:51 AM
ronnies death makes my stomach queasy.

Black Sunshine
08-01-2009, 03:08 PM
I had a hard time watchin Lynda's death.... only cause it looked real bad... she started choking before he even grabbed her..lol...i guess we were supposed to be lookin at her titts anyway.

blacksymbiote
08-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Thinking about that guy getting that bat to the head over and over makes me cringe and the way he shook as he was dying.

Roswell
08-05-2009, 01:11 PM
I narrowed down my original three to one choice, and that's the killing of the bully. The way the film is edited before really builds suspense, especially when the bully is walking through the woods and it's almost dead quiet, then Michael comes from behind the tree and attacks. I mean, I knew it was going to happen, but it still catches you off guard a bit.

And of course, the actual murder of the bully is pretty hard to watch, especially when you see how unsympathetic Michael is towards him at the end of the scene. I feel a bit of a chill whenever I see that scene and Michael pulls down his clown mask and finishes him off.

missvirginia91
08-25-2012, 12:49 PM
I would have to say Laurie's parents. They were both so nice and sweet, and it made me sad to watch that. One thing I don't like in a horror movie is when I feel sorry for a character.. it takes some of the fun out of the movie. Another character that wasn't on here that I had a hard time watching was the janitor at Smith's Grove. He was nice to Michael the entire time, and his death was unnecessary.

Diamond Wings
08-25-2012, 12:52 PM
One thing I don't like in a horror movie is when I feel sorry for a character.. it takes some of the fun out of the movie.

While this sucks, it goes to show that the character development was well-done.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-25-2012, 12:53 PM
It is sad about Laurie's parents. But we barely see anything of their deaths, so I can't say I had a hard time watching. Michael's knife catches the dad out of nowhere, nothing is really shown, then we cut away. And we never see his actual attack on the mother...only its aftermath.

ClassOf78
08-25-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm gonna have to say Ishmael. The death of the Strode's and Deborah's suicide are also hard to watch.

By the way, am I fucked up for not giving a shit about the bully, despite how brutal his death was? It really didn't bother me at all. :dunno:

MeSoThorny
08-25-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm gonna have to say Ishmael. The death of the Strode's and Deborah's suicide are also hard to watch.

By the way, am I fucked up for not giving a shit about the bully, despite how brutal his death was? It really didn't bother me at all. :dunno:

I guess I'm fucked up too because I remember thinking: "Karma's a bitch, son.":bastard:

The Saw
08-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Definitely Joe Grizzly for me. In the short time I saw him, he had already become my favorite character in the entire franchise. Seeing him go was just heartbreaking.

missvirginia91
08-25-2012, 07:03 PM

Lol, nope. The bully's death didn't bother me at all.

Barrybgb
08-01-2013, 08:45 AM
Definitely Laurie's parents.