PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare City

zombie commando
11-25-2008, 04:48 AM
Nightmare City was great Euro-sludge. People may call it brainless but I've learned a few things from it. Did you know that tiny stereo amplifiers are highly explosive? Or maybe you should take caution if a nurse specifically points out that you don't have to worry about your leg getting amputated. The best way to cordon off an uprising of living dead creatures with oatmeal covered faces is to fly around in a helicopter and yell out random, entirely inaccurate and ambiguous coordinates, like "I'm southeast of base and found a lot of them running around."

Anybody else notice the dog chasing the zombie pack in the field? Even flesh eating ghouls love puppy slobber.

When caught in life and death situations, being hounded by the undead, it is always important to break out some whimsical ham fisted social observations to lighten the mood. Plus when your husband, who is a top ranking general, cryptically yells at you about shutting the house off to the outside world, and stay inside, DO NOT take heed. I mean, he's probably just jealous. Merely continue on with your artistic pursuits and let the first person to come to your door in immediately without question.

Did you know that journalists are extremely well versed in combat, like Navy Seals? You do now.

Khan
11-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Great Euro trash indeed.

Hugo Stiglitz is such a wooden actor too.

zombie commando
11-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Great Euro trash indeed.

Hugo Stiglitz is such a wooden actor too.
He has two expressions; awe and confused. Maybe they are both the same, I'm just reading into it differently based on the context. He could also be constempated...I don't know. Maybe the whole movie is about his search for a clean bathroom to take a dump in. That's the true nightmare.

His Green Party speech during the epoch of the story was great. You could tell he didn't even mean a word of it......or did he? He probably rode to work that morning in a gas guzzling corvette with seal skin tires, smoking a cigar, eating a Big Mac, dumping flaming trash on the side of the highway. It's so hard to read that guy. Oatmeal faced goons are massacring everyone around him and he's totally reserved, like he's on his way to pick up some coffee or something.

Khan
11-25-2008, 11:09 AM
I will go with constipated.

The standout actor of the film, if that term applies, is Mel Ferrer as General Murchison.

What did you think of the eliptical ending?

zombie commando
11-25-2008, 11:14 AM
I will go with constipated.

The standout actor of the film, if that term applies, is Mel Ferrer as General Murchison.

What did you think of the cyclical ending?

As soon as he woke up I knew it was going to end that way. The ending scroll was pretty funny. The buildup to that scene was just fluff used to pad the film's running time. I mean, who didn't see that coming. It's useless to go through all the same motions to get to the exact same place when absolutely no one with any type of remedial movie going knowledge didn't expect that to happend.

Haha, the General was just following orders....God help us all! What an idiot. He was going to cover up a zombie invasion? How? Just not tell people what is going on and hope for the best?

Khan
11-25-2008, 11:23 AM
I suppose Hugo could have bored the radiation people to death with his acting skills this time around.

When the General heard his daughter was dead, he just shrugged it off like some bird had flew into the window of his house. :D

zombie commando
11-25-2008, 11:33 AM
I suppose Hugo could have bored the radiation people to death with his acting skills this time around.

Hahahaha! That's why the zombies couldn't kill him. He was more radioactive and dead acting. It confused the actual undead long enough for Hugo to deliver his deadly judo strikes to the sternum. Bye, bye dead guy. Score one for the eco-friendly journalist.

When the General heard his daughter was dead, he just shrugged it off like some bird had flew into the window of his house. :DThat's because he's a real man. He was totally prepared to die in that bunker playing Risk with those other officers. That's what they were doing right? Because they obviously weren't killing zombies. I know how it is though. I used to get totally into playing Risk.

MMyersisgod
11-28-2008, 04:06 AM
I ordered it and the person never sent it, or it got lost in the mail. I got my refund back but forgot to reorder it:(

Twisted Sister
11-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Oh good! Sludge, my favorite.
I'd never heard of this one.

zombie commando
11-30-2008, 07:03 AM
Oh good! Sludge, my favorite.
I'd never heard of this one.
You'd love it. It's so ridiculious it's genius.

Twisted Sister
11-30-2008, 07:08 AM
I'll add it to my list :)

Chomp_on_this
11-30-2008, 08:25 PM
The scene near the ambulance is priceless--the zombies lounging around chugging blood like it was cans of Blue Ribbon.

Anybody notice the HUGE similarities between Nightmare City and Planet Terror. From the plot, to the zombies, to even a good handful of characters? The style was also pretty similar. Nightmare City had to be one of the prime influences to RR's PT...too many similarities to be coincidental.

zombie commando
12-01-2008, 04:58 AM
The scene near the ambulance is priceless--the zombies lounging around chugging blood like it was cans of Blue Ribbon.

Anybody notice the HUGE similarities between Nightmare City and Planet Terror. From the plot, to the zombies, to even a good handful of characters? The style was also pretty similar. Nightmare City had to be one of the prime influences to RR's PT...too many similarities to be coincidental.
Yeah, there were definitely a bunch of similarities, but for my buck I choose Nightmare City. I'm not sure if he ever cited the flick as an influence, but he should. I mean, come on dude!

Zombies do indeed love to chug blood and PBR. It's a scientific fact and I'm sure the later was ommited from the final cut. Zombies also like V8 juice, strangely enough.

Kara Strode
12-26-2008, 08:15 PM
So I finally gave this one a watch (yes, finally, ZC..I've had it for 3 weeks now..haha) and I can see why you like it. It had you written all over it.

The whole waking up from the dream thing? Yea, wanted to kill you, ZC, ain't gonna lie..haha

It was entertaining though...so it did it's job.

zombie commando
12-29-2008, 05:15 AM
You always want to kill me, so nothing new there.

Kara Strode
12-29-2008, 08:42 AM
You always want to kill me, so nothing new there.

Ah, too true. I had to state it again, though. And stop being so quotable. hahaha

I enjoy you...haha

zombie commando
12-29-2008, 08:58 AM
Haha...I'll try to not say anything worth a damn. I thought I was doing well there for a bit, guess I just have to recommit myself to not posting anything pertinent at all.

Anyways, I think I'll give Nightmare City another whirl this week. It's just so damn lovable in a short-bus-riding-padded-room kind of way. All day at work everything and everyone is so preciously serious, I need my downtime from the think tank.

Kara Strode
12-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Now don't do anything crazy on my account...haha

Twisted Sister
05-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Alright, ZC, per your suggestion, I bought this one and watched it the other night. I told Rae, "What a pile of garbage. I liked it." Running, grinning zombies who wipe their mouth after feasting. Very cool :)

TouchMe4Money
05-13-2009, 09:15 AM
I also liked this one quite a bit. It's trashy as hell and I usually despise that. But it was gloriously trashy. And fun. And creepy. And the locations were beautiful. And call me crazy, but I bought the "social commentary" of it too. So much so that I actually bit my bottom lip and rented Lenzi's Make Them Die Slowly / Cannibal Ferox, hoping he would've made that film as gripping as I found Nightmare City to be.

Khan
05-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Inglorious Basterds, Tarantino's latest film, has a character named Hugo Stiglitz.

TouchMe4Money
05-30-2009, 01:40 AM
Yeah, I heard Tarantino was a fan. But I don't care for Tarantino's newer stuff anyway. (Just saying...)

JOeKER
08-23-2009, 07:52 AM
I've always really liked Nightmare City. Not sure what it is, just something about it that I always favored to most other italian zombie movies.

oltrelamorte
10-18-2009, 09:37 AM
I've seen this a few times & thought it was pretty good. Very amusing. I love how the zombies basically look like they dunked their heads in mud puddles. And how one wiped his mouth after some blood drinking.

The aerobics scene/massacre makes me laugh. If Matrix was here, he'd laugh too.