PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Dead film Opening?

Count_Sarge
11-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Ok peoples whats your favorite opening in the Dead Series. I must say while I'm not fond of Land I will agree that the first 4 Dead films just had amazing openings! Its pretty hard for me to choose right now sadly. The openings are just so amazing. NoTLD is just classic in its simpleness. Dawn of the Dead is effective in how realistic it felt. Day of the Dead was just scary to me the first I saw it.

Twisted Sister
11-10-2008, 08:17 AM
Going with Dawn on this one. The music adds to the confusion and hysteria. Always has been a favorite of mine.

zombie commando
11-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Going with Dawn on this one. The music adds to the confusion and hysteria. Always has been a favorite of mine.
I agree but does it have an alligator with its mouth duck taped shut? Does it have Mr. Tongue? I think not. The winner is clear.

Day of the Dead owns them all.

EvilOnTwoLegs
11-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Though it isn't my favorite film in the series, Day has the best opening, hands down.

MaDMaNMaRz
11-10-2008, 03:04 PM
I've always liked Day's opening the best. Dr. Tongue rules! :D

Chomp_on_this
11-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Day's is pretty killer, but my vote goes to the car ride in the cemetery in the original Night. You've got just an absolute eerie setting of not really knowing what's going to happen, followed by an atmosphere so thick you can cut it with a knife...all done in B&W. Not to mention one of the most well-known phrases to ever be recorded onto celluloid. all topped by Hinzman's dedicated portrayal of one of the most terrifying staple characters in horror film history.

Khan
11-10-2008, 03:05 PM
The first four are so good that I have a hard time choosing.

Muse
11-10-2008, 03:08 PM
I've always found Night of the Living Dead's somewhat iconic, and it's definitely my favourite, so yeah, that's that. I may be a little biased as it's my favourite Dead movie, but meh, it's my choice :)

Twisted Sister
11-11-2008, 07:47 AM
Absolutely ZC, Day's opening is awesome....I agree, but my personal favorite is still Dawn :)

Silverpsycho
11-11-2008, 02:06 PM
The first four are so good that I have a hard time choosing.
I totally agree Jeremy. However with me it's more like the first three, since Land's opening feels slightly out of place compared to the others.

Night is absolutely classic. We all recognize the first bit of music with the car coming down the winding road into the cemetery. Absolute awesomeness but not the most effective of the bunch.

As much as I'd love to pick Dawn, as it's my mega favorite, I don't feel it was necessarily the best. Still, you gotta love Fran waking up to chaos with that crazy orange '70s shag wall, ha ha.

I agree with everyone else in that Day's opening with the papers floating around, Dr. Tongue and the random alligator, that was just the best feel. Total awesomeness. :yeah:

As I was saying with Land, while I did like the opening and found it pretty creepy, it felt like a big budget Hollywood opening, which was distracting from the typical subtle focus on the apocalypse.

Muse
11-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Was the opening of Land, where there were the zombies at the gas station or something, and he was remembering how to work the pump, as Charlie, I think his name was? And the other guy, were watching on? Or was that a bit later on in the movie? I can't even remember! I wasn't a huge fan of that movie, at all. Was alright, but nothing spectacular. Diary, I only watched it a month ago and I've already forgot pretty much everything about it. Really not a fan...

Count_Sarge
11-11-2008, 02:55 PM
I quiet liked Land's opening really that slow track across a town full of zombies, at first theres no humans, no carnage, there just existing, no chatter, no music, just the odd noise from them. Epicness!:krad:

:D

Laurie2007
11-11-2008, 03:22 PM
i would go with night of the living dead as well

Silverpsycho
11-11-2008, 03:23 PM
With Land, yes...the film is great when it actually starts up but I was talking about the intro including the full opening credits with the radio track playing out, having random people calling in to say what's happened to their loved ones. That is what felt out of place for me because it didn't fit alongside all the others.

WhiteZombie
11-11-2008, 09:09 PM
I'll have to say Day. The cool ass 80's score, Mr.Tounge, "HELLOOO!!".

EvilOnTwoLegs
11-11-2008, 09:19 PM
The Day of the Dead opening is cool enough to be sampled in a Gorillaz song...need I say more?

WhiteZombie
11-11-2008, 09:36 PM
The Day of the Dead opening is cool enough to be sampled in a Gorillaz song...need I say more?

Haha I was going to mention that too.