PDA

View Full Version : when does the girl that won

mike32
11-07-2008, 12:56 PM
when does the girl that won that contest at the convention apppear in Rob Zombies Halloween?

NYCKing87
11-07-2008, 01:00 PM
All her scenes were cut out. I forgot where I found that out, but it's true. Apparently, she couldn't act worth a dime. Sad, especially considering she had a nice rack.

MM2DYLAN
11-07-2008, 01:26 PM
when does the girl that won that contest at the convention apppear in Rob Zombies Halloween?

It was a walk-on role, although I do think I saw her in the cut-scene with Loomis at the university.

The Frightmaster
11-07-2008, 01:46 PM
I'd be pissed if I were her. She was promised a walk on role in the next Halloween movie and her scenes were cut. I know a walk on role doesn't guarantee being in the movie, but if I was her I would kind of take that as a slap in the face.

DoomsdayFAN
11-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Sad, especially considering she had a nice rack.

Who's rack were you looking at? Certainly not hers! :vomit:

MM2DYLAN
11-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Um, guys, she is a member on here. Hasn't been here for a while, but with all the old members starting to be more present a bit more, you'd never know...

The Devil's Reject
11-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Yeah that's i'm going to laugh when she sees this.

EvilOnTwoLegs
11-07-2008, 01:57 PM
True, she is a member...albeit an inactive one. Then again, she did make a conscious decision to play "Girls Gone Wild" at the H25 convention, so she pretty much invited this kind of talk. Don't want people talking about your tits, you probably shouldn't flash a fuckin' camera when there's a documentary being shot. That's my philosophy, anyway.

Still, I'd personally rather not see this thread become an epic dissection of someone's anatomy. It's off-topic, and I'll lock this thing up if that's where it's headed...so what say we just let it drop and get back to playing "Where's Waldo?"

Khan
11-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Her birthday was a few days ago.

She is listed under the s/n "playboycover."

jbyrd123
11-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Wow she is a member on here, I always wondered when and which movie she would appear in, so exactly which cut scene is it.

MM2DYLAN
11-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Wow she is a member on here, I always wondered when and which movie she would appear in, so exactly which cut scene is it.

I believe I saw her in the college cut-scene, but I'm not sure. Probably not, though. But there is an interview with her on halloweenmovies.com.

mike32
11-07-2008, 02:16 PM
that sucks that she didn't make it on there

jbyrd123
11-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Seems like a bit of a rip off if you win that type of walk on role you would think that they (the producers/directors) would see to it that you would have some screen time in the movie.

sharkboy
11-07-2008, 02:47 PM
I heard she was in the newsreel footage when young Myers is arrested but I'm not absolutely sure

Danny Strode
11-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Did anyone see her this past weekend? I heard she was there. I don't recall seeing her though.

jbyrd123
11-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Man I wish I could go to one of those conventions.

halloweenfan89
11-07-2008, 05:17 PM
I saw her, she was always selling t-shirts with sean

H-Field Hero
11-07-2008, 05:24 PM
So much time had passed from the day she won the role and the day filming began on the new film that I wonder if she even cared.

Danny Strode
11-07-2008, 08:19 PM
I saw her, she was always selling t-shirts with sean

Then, yeah, I probably saw her.

Pasabi
11-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Yeah her role in RZ's H was that of a news reporter that got cut out. I think I remember seeing premier props also selling one of her outfits when they were selling all their RZ Halloween props for the movie on Ebay when the movie came out but I am not positive. I remember she either did a blog on her myspace or a interview too sometime right after she was on the set maybe it was posted on HM.com.

The one thing I remember about her though is all the people bitching on here that she won a part because she flashed her boobs right after the H25 documentary came out and a lot of the people were complaining that it was rigged and blah blah. Then either Rehab or somebody who was a part of making the movie came in the thread and layed down the law that it wasn't rigged and everybodys name was put into the hat and that if they wanted too they could have looked at all the names. The funniest line in the thread was a sarcastic remark that if there was one thing people would remember or talk about the documentary they were glad it was about a fan who showed her tits for 2 seconds instead of actually remembering or talking about something from the actual con or history of Halloween.

brianandrews
11-07-2008, 09:33 PM
I assume you are all referring to Heather was a volunteer at the 25th and actually was there at the 30th, also volunteering. Yes indeed Heather was having a bit of fun at the 25th, but she has seemed to grow up into a much more mature young lady when I saw her over the weekend. Anyway it was her birthday on the fourth of November. I think she was really cool five years ago and she is really cool now. And yeah I guess they filmed her scene and then they cut it, and I don't think it even ended up in the four hour making of documentary. But I think she got her union card out of it, but with joining the union fees actually being over 2 grand these days I don't know if she actually joined.

But it was good to see her again.

I believe she was one of the news reporters on the scene, but didn't they all get caught pretty much. So really it's no reflection on her acting ability. Tons of things got cut from Rob's movie.

She also has a really cool my space page.

But enough about Heather.

theshape09
11-08-2008, 03:13 AM
I'd be pissed if I were her. She was promised a walk on role in the next Halloween movie and her scenes were cut. I know a walk on role doesn't guarantee being in the movie, but if I was her I would kind of take that as a slap in the face.

yeah me 2 if i was her i would've just snaped and went micheal myers on everyone's ass:bastard:

Sisto4Myers
12-05-2008, 08:20 PM
I'd sue. It's on the dvd, so she has proof about the promised role.

Khan
12-05-2008, 08:23 PM
They promised a walk on appearance, no lines.

They delivered that, as she was hired and shot a scene as a background character.

They didn't state that her scene would actually be used, so they didn't violate any legally binding contracts.

Sisto4Myers
12-05-2008, 08:26 PM
They promised a walk on appearance, no lines.

They delivered that, as she was hired and shot a scene as a background character.

They didn't state that her scene would actually be used, so they didn't violate any legally binding contracts.
Then the competition served no purpose. That's like a "you're in if you win" then a big "got ya". I'm pretty sure if Moustapha were alive, her scene wouldn't have been cut!

Khan
12-05-2008, 08:28 PM
The competition happened in 2003, when a Halloween 9 was still a possibility despite Resurrection blowing goats.

Things changed when the old series was concluded (aside from comics).

Her scene is still on DVD, so people can see it, hence it not being a screw job.

Plus, one girl's walk on appearance is the least of the producer's worries.

Roswell
12-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Then the competition served no purpose. That's like a "you're in if you win" then a big "got ya". I'm pretty sure if Moustapha were alive, her scene wouldn't have been cut!

I don't think Akkad had a say in what made it to the final cut of any of the Halloween films. That's up to the director and editor to decide.

Khan
12-05-2008, 08:33 PM
And the Weinstein's also have a rather large say in the matter.

Sisto4Myers
12-05-2008, 08:34 PM
The competition happened in 2003, when a Halloween 9 was still a possibility despite Resurrection blowing goats.

Things changed when the old series was concluded (aside from comics).

Her scene is still on DVD, so people can see it, hence it not being a screw job.

Plus, one girl's walk on appearance is the least of the producer's worries.
You disappoint me, haha. I was waiting for the "If Akkad were alive, Zombie's Halloween wouldn't have been made." line!!!

I don't think Akkad had a say in what made it to the final cut of any of the Halloween films. That's up to the director and editor to decide.
Pretty sure he DID have a say in mostly everything!

Roswell
12-05-2008, 08:38 PM

He had a say in what script was chosen, who was going to direct it, and probably how much money was going to be used to make the film. Other than that, though, his position was pretty much as an observer. He certainly didn't have any say on what makes the final cut of any of the films, that's for sure.

Khan
12-05-2008, 08:38 PM
You disappoint me, haha. I was waiting for the "If Akkad were alive, Zombie's Halloween wouldn't have been made." line!!!

Wrong!

Akkad was a smart man and would have agreed to a remake if it made the most sense.

The people at Dimension would have FAR more say.

Sisto4Myers
12-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Akkad was a smart man and would have agreed to a remake if it made the most sense.
Really? I believe he was against a remake, as he was the idea of a "vs" movie.

Roswell
12-05-2008, 08:43 PM

Didn't he make the comment about not doing a remake before the "remake" trend hit?

And yeah, I think Jeremy is right. If Akkad thought it would make him some bucks, he probably would agree to a remake.

Khan
12-05-2008, 08:43 PM

He also didn't have final say after Dimension took over.

As Mark said, he made some decisions but was just an observer.

Sisto4Myers
12-05-2008, 08:51 PM
When exactly did the remake trend hit? He said it after The Haunting, The House on Haunted Hill, Thir13en Ghosts, Psycho, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Dawn of the Dead... plenty more. Or do you mean when he couldn't have said because he'd already passed on?

Sisto4Myers
12-05-2008, 08:57 PM
He also didn't have final say after Dimension took over.

As Mark said, he made some decisions but was just an observer.
Oh really? So, why didn't Miramax/Dimension step in when Akkad balked at Carpenter's fee and made John Carpenter himself walk away from the film, as he was set to direct?

Khan
12-05-2008, 09:01 PM
When exactly did the remake trend hit? He said it after The Haunting, The House on Haunted Hill, Thir13en Ghosts, Psycho, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Dawn of the Dead... plenty more. Or do you mean when he couldn't have said because he'd already passed on?

Akkad was a smart businessman, and if he saw potential profit, he would have gone for it.

He rushed H5 into production for that purpose, although it didn't work in that case.

Oh really? So, why didn't Miramax/Dimension step in when Akkad balked at Carpenter's fee and made John Carpenter himself walk away from the film, as he was set to direct?

Because they also didn't want to spend that much money just to get him back.

Sisto4Myers
12-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Dimension's the one that wanted the Halloween/Hellraiser thing to go down and Akkad pulled the plug. Halloween was HIS, period. Now, it's Maleek's!

Khan
12-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Halloween was not just his once Dimension stepped in.

As for Helloween, did you ever consider that Bob and Harvey might have listened to Akkad's advice and agreed, or that it just wasn't taken too seriously?

Pandaz
12-05-2008, 09:07 PM
As for Helloween, did you ever consider that Bob and Harvey might have listened to Akkad's advice and agreed?
I have to wonder if anyone even really took the idea seriously. I think the idea was just tossed around a bit because Dimension wanted to capitalize on the success of Freddy vs. Jason. Apparently, everyone just laughed it off in the end...and rightfully so. It would have made for a horrible film!

Sisto4Myers
12-05-2008, 09:07 PM
It was Moustapha, had nothing to do with Dimension. And, if he was a smart business man, he would've made that fucking movie because horror fans would've flocked to it. Freddy vs Jason wasn't all that good, but it made $113,000,000. Although, I didn't wanna see the damn thing.

Khan
12-05-2008, 09:09 PM
From what H25 indicated, Carpenter and Barker were "interested" in it from an idea standpoint.

It was Moustapha, had nothing to do with Dimension. And, if he was a smart business man, he would've made that fucking movie because horror fans would've flocked to it. Freddy vs Jason wasn't all that good, but it made $113,000,000. Although, I didn't wanna see the damn thing.

In order to make it, you would have to either amp up Michael's powers or seriously under power Pinhead, messing with the characters original intents.

And just admit that Dimension also has an equal say in things.

Pandaz
12-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Well, I believe it also came down to the writing. Nobody could come up with a script that did justice to both characters. Seriously...unless they completely altered one of the characters, Michael wouldn't have stood a chance.

Sisto4Myers
12-05-2008, 09:13 PM
And just admit that Dimension also has an equal say in things.
Okay, I admit that... they don't!

Khan
12-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Dimension and Trancas made RZH.

Bob and Harvey had a say in reshoots.

There goes your theory.

Sisto4Myers
12-05-2008, 09:17 PM
"Clive Barker and John Carpenter were good to go. Clive had the agreement papers, was ready to put pen to paper and then got a call from Bob Weinstein (Which is rare) and told Clive that they no longer wanted to do it. Now if you can imagine the two egos of Weinstein and Barker clashing with fury... you can get the idea of how that conversation ended. Now Barker is pissed off, Doug is pissed off and John Carpenter is pissed off that Moustapha Akkad has changed his mind on the project. So there you go. The rumors of a Clive Barker script directed by John Carpenter was 100% TRUE. "

Sisto4Myers
12-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Dimension and Trancas made RZH.

Bob and Harvey had a say in reshoots.

There goes your theory.
Yeah, they probably did, because Moustapha is dead!

Pandaz
12-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Okay, I admit that... they don't!
Moustapha Akkad had a say in which script was chosen. That's another reason 'Helloween' didn't come into fruition. He wouldn't approve of such a script. However, he had just about NO AUTHORITY when it came to what was going to end up in the final film.

Khan
12-05-2008, 09:21 PM
"Clive Barker and John Carpenter were good to go. Clive had the agreement papers, was ready to put pen to paper and then got a call from Bob Weinstein (Which is rare) and told Clive that they no longer wanted to do it. Now if you can imagine the two egos of Weinstein and Barker clashing with fury... you can get the idea of how that conversation ended. Now Barker is pissed off, Doug is pissed off and John Carpenter is pissed off that Moustapha Akkad has changed his mind on the project. So there you go. The rumors of a Clive Barker script directed by John Carpenter was 100% TRUE. "

That still doesn't mean that Bob and Harvey didn't have a say in anything.

Yeah, they probably did, because Moustapha is dead!

Even when he was alive and once Dimension came into the picture, he didn't have the final word.

Moustapha Akkad had a say in which script was chosen. That's another reason 'Helloween' didn't come into fruition. He wouldn't approve of such a script. However, he had just about NO AUTHORITY when it came to what was going to end up in the final film.

Thank you!

Sisto4Myers
12-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Okay, I forgot... Akkad was just an observer and producers don't have a hand in anything, especially when Halloween is theirs and they choose what gets done with it. LOL my bad, all hail the Weinsteins!!!!

Khan
12-05-2008, 09:24 PM
There are producers, then there are executive producers.

Different levels.

Sisto4Myers
12-05-2008, 09:26 PM
There are producers, then there are executive producers.

Different levels.
And there are those who own the rights and characters of movies, like say, HALLOWEEN but they have no say so. Those who distribute the movie, say Dimension, I guess are in charge!!!! I'm wrong, you're correct, sir!

Khan
12-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Neither Dimension or Trancas own Halloween 2 or 3.

Dimension is also a production studio that is part of the Weinstein Company.

They do make movies.

Sisto4Myers
12-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Neither Dimension or Trancas own Halloween 2 or 3.

Dimension is also a production studio that is part of the Weinstein Company.

They do make movies.
Movies they own, like say... A Nightmare on Elm Street.:crazy:

Khan
12-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Warner Bros. owns the NOES franchise, as they took over all former New Line properties when that entity folded.

Sisto4Myers
12-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Now... they might. There's yet to be an ANOES made under Warner Bros, so what's your point? My point is they make movies that THEY own the rights to, they distribute movies others own the rights to, like say... you already know what I'm gonna say, don't you? huh? yes... HALLOWEEN!!!!!

Khan
12-05-2008, 09:40 PM
That is a confirmed fact, not a "they might" situation.

Warner Bros. is indeed doing a remake of NOES.

Sisto4Myers
12-05-2008, 09:42 PM
That is a confirmed fact, not a "they might" situation.

Warner Bros. is indeed doing a remake of NOES.
Yes, good for them. Still, what's your point?

point is they make movies that THEY own the rights to, they distribute movies others own the rights to, like say... you already know what I'm gonna say, don't you? huh? yes... HALLOWEEN!!!!!

Pandaz
12-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Movies they own, like say... A Nightmare on Elm Street.:crazy:
Here's the fucking process!

-The Weinsteins want to make some money, and decide to do a Halloween film!

-They approach Malek Akkad, who has a say in which script is used and who directs! Knowing the film will make money, Akkad will pretty much give it the go ahead whenever he's asked!

-Following production, the film is test screened, and the Weinsteins can order reshoots and have the ability to remove just about anything they want!

Sisto4Myers
12-05-2008, 09:44 PM

-They approach Malek Akkad, who has a say in which script is used and who directs! Knowing the film will make money, Akkad will pretty much give it the go ahead whenever he's asked!

-Following production, the film is test screened, and the Weinsteins can order reshoots and have the ability to remove just about anything they want!
Maleek isn't his father and the Akkad's DO have say so. That's my point!

EvilOnTwoLegs
12-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Bottom line is, since Dimension is the studio, and has been since H6, they have plenty of input, and Moustapha wasn't the sole decision maker the way he was on H4 and H5...i.e. the independent Halloween films that were made by Trancas without studio money. The studio is putting up studio money, hence the studio calls a lot of shots. That's the way it works. That doesn't mean Akkad had no input, but anyone who thinks that the Weinsteins just put up money and let someone else run the whole show has no clue how the industry works.

Now that that's settled, let's stop acting like fucking children, shall we? :D

Khan
12-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Yes, good for them. Still, what's your point?

You thought Dimension might own something that New Line was built on. :bigeyes:

Exactly.

Bottom line is, since Dimension is the studio, and has been since H6, they have plenty of input, and Moustapha wasn't the sole decision maker the way he was on H4 and H5...i.e. the independent Halloween films that were made by Trancas without studio money. The studio is putting up studio money, hence the studio calls a lot of shots. That's the way it works. That doesn't mean Akkad had no input, but anyone who thinks that the Weinsteins just put up money and let someone else run the whole show has no clue how the industry works.

Now that that's settled, let's stop acting like fucking children, shall we?

Well said.

Now on topic, if you want to see the girl's scene, I think you can watch the deleted scenes on the DVD and look carefully.

Pandaz
12-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Maleek isn't his father and the Akkad's DO have say so. That's my point!
And no one's disputing that. We're just saying everyone has almost an equal say. The film couldn't happen without the approval of Malek and Dimension.

Danny Strode
12-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Now on topic, if you want to see the girl's scene, watch the deleted scenes and look carefully.

It's actually on a deleted scene? I heard that it wasn't even featured.

Oh, wait... I'll eat my own words now.

Sisto4Myers
12-05-2008, 09:50 PM
And no one's disputing that. We're just saying everyone has almost an equal say. The film couldn't happen without the approval of Malek and Dimension.
I don't think it was equal, but I'm glad you atleast think they have equal input, unlike someone saying he has little to none and definitely doesn't get a final say so.

EvilOnTwoLegs
12-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Okay, maybe I wasn't clear enough. I'll rephrase.

Everyone back on-topic, or I start handing out warnings.

Khan
12-05-2008, 09:57 PM
It's actually on a deleted scene? I heard that it wasn't even featured.

Oh, wait... I'll eat my own words now.

I revised my post, as I am going by my sometimes faulty memory and I don't own RZH on DVD.

There was a lot of cut material though.

Danny Strode
12-05-2008, 09:59 PM
I revised my post, as I am going by my sometimes faulty memory and I don't own RZH on DVD.

There was a lot of cut material though.

Yeah, I saw that.

I recall watching the deleted scenes a while back, about a half a year after I bought the DVD, but I don't even remember them now, nor was I even looking for her in any scenes.

Sisto4Myers
12-05-2008, 10:03 PM
I'm not sure if she is or not in any deleted scenes. I wasn't paying close attention. I just know she didn't make the film. I recall some people trying to say she was the rape victim, but that definitely wasn't her.

Ivan
12-16-2008, 11:59 AM
From HM.com:

http://www.halloweenmovies.com/rzhalloween/graphics/heatherbowen.jpg

Super-fan Heather Bowen won her walk-on role in the new HALLOWEEN at a contest held at the "HALLOWEEN RETURNS TO HADDONFIELD 25th Anniversary Convention" that took place in South Pasadena, CA, in October 2003. The names of 25 finalists were written on slips of paper and placed inside of a plastic bowl... Moustapha Akkad reached in, pulled out a random slip, unfolded it and read Heather's name into the microphone to tremendous audience applause. Heather went into a fit of screams, then eventually calmed down as she walked onto the stage to accept the prize from the King of HALLOWEEN. It took almost 4 years to finally film the scene, but the wait was absolutely worth it. All of the filmmakers wish to extend a Thank You to Heather for being such a devoted fan of the series, and for being so patient to film the scene! A brief synopsis of Heather's on-set experience is posted below, written by the winner herself.

"I had an incredible time and it was amazing to see firsthand one of the most unsurpassed and unforgettable horror series in action. Earlier in the filming of the movie, on another day, I was watching from across the street and decided to sit down. I found a lamppost to sit down on, and to my surprise it was not a real lamppost, it was a prop! Even before my ass hit the bottom I felt it starting to tip over and as I tried to catch it (which it was probably about 15 or 20 ft. high) it was too late. Suddenly, it hit the concrete and glass shattered and made a ruckus. My first thought was to turn around and see if my friend was still with me…but he turned his back and started walking the other way as if he wasn’t with me LOLOL. It was all hilarious. Some of the crew came over to see what happened and just as I thought I was going to get creamed, they invited me back on the set for some food and hot chocolate because it was getting pretty cold. Anyhow, the day I went on set for the filming turned out to be a pretty hot day. They dressed me and did my hair and makeup, etc. I usually don’t wear a lot of makeup and do my hair, but they definitely made sure all of us were at our best. There were a few of us that were just reporters in the background, but even so it was a lot of fun and an unforgettable experience. As everybody knows, filming wrapped up a little bit ago, so that means that it’s that much closer to August!"

"...just as I thought I was going to get creamed", hahaha.

Pasabi
12-16-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure if she is or not in any deleted scenes. I wasn't paying close attention. I just know she didn't make the film. I recall some people trying to say she was the rape victim, but that definitely wasn't her.

No that wasn't her as the rape victim. She played one of the reporters who's part got cut, and I don't believe she made any of the DVD footage either but don't remember.

SAW'ed OFF
02-11-2014, 01:31 PM
anybody figure this mystery out yet?

Roswell
02-11-2014, 01:35 PM
It got solved a long time ago.

blacksymbiote
03-14-2014, 03:58 PM
I thought she was the girl Lynda hazed in the workprint, but the scene was cut out.

atomic dog
10-02-2014, 09:35 AM
has anyone seen the cut scene of heather?