PDA

View Full Version : Would it have been more tragic if....

DoomsdayFAN
11-04-2008, 01:12 PM
After seeing Michael kill the nurse at the hospital, Debora goes home and kills herself. Would it have been more tragic if she were killed on the way home in a car crash? Or is it better that she just killed herself?

Personally, I would have prefered that she would've been emotionally distraught and not paying attention and running a red light and being "killed" in a car crash, rather than "killing herself." That would've made me more sypathetic toward her character.

Danny Strode
11-04-2008, 06:51 PM
I don't think it would've had as big an effect any other way. To have her driving and die is pointless and expected. To have her shoot herself shows just how fed up she is and how she feels/knows that the worst has yet to come.

Roswell
11-04-2008, 07:10 PM
I think it was better to have her kill herself. Like RFP said, it showed how her life had gone straight to hell, and it showed her desperation in escaping that life.

Scissorhands
11-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Even though Michael was already pretty far gone at the point when he killed the nurse.. I think having his mom kill herself afterwards was the icing on the cake to sum up his early childhood as being absolutely horrible.

It seemed like his mom and boo were the only things in the world he had any kind of human connection with.. and though a car accident would have been tragic as well.. I think her killing herself (mainly because of his actions) adds so much more guilt and rage into his character.. kinda like nothing has ever gone right for him.. ever.

Lord Hearteater
11-08-2008, 04:30 AM
Debra's death was handled properly; RFP nails the reasoning.

NYCKing87
11-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Her killing herself was better and made more sense.

S.O.L.A
11-09-2008, 02:42 AM
In the script that I read it was much more interesting. Apparently she just stopped visiting Michael and we don't know what happened. Then Michael escapes and finds her first and she tells him she doesn't have Laurie and then shoots herself in front of Michael.

Danny Strode
11-09-2008, 12:21 PM
In the script that I read it was much more interesting. Apparently she just stopped visiting Michael and we don't know what happened. Then Michael escapes and finds her first and she tells him she doesn't have Laurie and then shoots herself in front of Michael.

Really?

I don't think that would've been effective either.