PDA

View Full Version : Upstate NY deadhead event!

zombie commando
10-21-2008, 07:12 AM
This should be fun. I'm going to try to make it!

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=17478130&albumID=2254708&imageID=47464791

sharkboy
10-21-2008, 07:35 AM
Just across the river from me too! I may be there

zombie commando
10-21-2008, 09:43 AM
I know the guy who puts these things on. He's got tons of reels.

MMyers89
10-21-2008, 10:56 AM
What is it? All I'm gettin' is the red x of death.

zombie commando
10-21-2008, 11:02 AM
What is it? All I'm gettin' is the red x of death.

It's a costume party plus they are showing Zombi 2 and Return of the Living Dead on the big screen. I think a band is going to be there as well. Usually these things are real laid back and fun, plus the actual theater itself is huge. Last time I went I got to watch The Hills Have Eyes while sitting a few seats away from Michael Berryman. That was pretty sureal. I also got to bring my own beers into the place.

Chomp_on_this
10-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Fuck you bastards...none of this awesome shit ever happens in hillbilly Wiscompton....all we get is tractor pulls and Monster Truck shows. I don't really mind a good Monster Truck rally, but I doubt it compares to drinking beer and sitting next to Michael Berryman!!!!!!!!!!!!

halo thirty one
10-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Hey ZC, what the heck is it? I don't see any info in your first post.

zombie commando
10-22-2008, 05:12 AM
It's a costume party plus they are showing Zombi 2 and Return of the Living Dead on the big screen. I think a band is going to be there as well. Usually these things are real laid back and fun, plus the actual theater itself is huge. Last time I went I got to watch The Hills Have Eyes while sitting a few seats away from Michael Berryman. That was pretty sureal. I also got to bring my own beers into the place.

That's weird that you guys can't see it. It turns up just fine for me.

http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ld8f7891ccb4542e79e7711nl7.jpg

zombie commando
10-22-2008, 05:15 AM
Fuck you bastards...none of this awesome shit ever happens in hillbilly Wiscompton....all we get is tractor pulls and Monster Truck shows. I don't really mind a good Monster Truck rally, but I doubt it compares to drinking beer and sitting next to Michael Berryman!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trust me, that was a rare treat!

halo thirty one
10-22-2008, 06:17 AM
That's weird that you guys can't see it. It turns up just fine for me.

http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ld8f7891ccb4542e79e7711nl7.jpg

It's really weird, I can't see the link in either of your posts, but if I quote your post I can see the link inside the tags. I wonder if it's because I'm using firefox?

I know the guy who puts these things on. He's got tons of reels.
How well do you know him? Anyway of trying to get him to arrange a legit screening of Halloween on film? That would be a real treat.

zombie commando
10-22-2008, 07:12 AM
How well do you know him? Anyway of trying to get him to arrange a legit screening of Halloween on film? That would be a real treat.When I was a bouncer he'd come to the bar I worked at and chat about horror flicks with me. I don't think he has a reel of Halloween. I know that last time he was bidding on it and someone beat him out. I'm pretty sure it's something that he wants, it's just that those damn things are really expensive, especially original prints.

Slapshot
10-22-2008, 07:17 AM
Fuckin' figures. It's the day before my birthday and I'm stuck way the fuck up here!

halo thirty one
10-22-2008, 07:27 AM
When I was a bouncer he'd come to the bar I worked at and chat about horror flicks with me. I don't think he has a reel of Halloween. I know that last time he was bidding on it and someone beat him out. I'm pretty sure it's something that he wants, it's just that those damn things are really expensive, especially original prints.
Pretty cool. I wonder if there was a way he could just rent the reel for a weekend or something? Anyway, I noticed at the Palace's website that they are also screening Evil Dead 2 at 1:50am Halloween night (technically Nov. 1st) which is also pretty cool. I'm going to have to pay attention to their schedule more often, I had no idea they screened oldies like this.

Slapshot
10-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Pretty cool. I wonder if there was a way he could just rent the reel for a weekend or something? Anyway, I noticed at the Palace's website that they are also screening Evil Dead 2 at 1:50am Halloween night (technically Nov. 1st) which is also pretty cool. I'm going to have to pay attention to their schedule more often, I had no idea they screened oldies like this.

A 35mm print of EDII would be awesome to see!

halo thirty one
10-22-2008, 08:59 AM
A 35mm print of EDII would be awesome to see!
Yeah, but 1:50am is tough. I'd probably need 2 shots of 5 Hour Energy just to make it home.

Slapshot
10-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Yeah, but 1:50am is tough. I'd probably need 2 shots of 5 Hour Energy just to make it home.

I was thinking the same thing. Really inconvenient.

zombie commando
10-22-2008, 09:57 AM
They've been airing old horror flicks there for a while. It's been mostly his doing. We should all set a day to meet up there if possible. I'm definitely going to try to be there friday. All I need is a ride. :yar:

Twisted Sister
10-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Right click on the red X and hit "Open Link" to see it.

Oh, wow, it's at the Palace huh? I haven't even heard about this until now, loser. Maybe I'll make the half hour trip :) Thanks for the info!

zombie commando
10-24-2008, 09:36 AM
No problemo.

And if anyone is definitely going please let me know. I kinda, sorta need a lift....I'll gladly overcompensate for gas!

Twisted Sister
10-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Sorry we didn't make it ZC, Friday got kinda hectic and I was still fighting off this stupid head cold. Did you end up going?

zombie commando
10-27-2008, 04:30 AM
Sorry we didn't make it ZC, Friday got kinda hectic and I was still fighting off this stupid head cold. Did you end up going?

Nope. I had a ride, then he backed out, then some people came to my house that wanted to go, then they found out I had the movies we were going to go watch and wanted to stay at my place instead of going....so yeah...never made it! It sounded cool though!

My whole weekend was like that. I wanted to go do something, like drink in the graveyard, maybe go camping, hiking, whatever....and people would come to my place and nix my "plans". Gah!