PDA

View Full Version : best zombie kill

mike32
10-19-2008, 02:22 PM
What is the best zombie kill of all time and what is the movie that it is from?

HTrooper
10-23-2008, 12:20 AM
Man, this is a tough one to answer...alot of awesome zombie kills came out of the original Dawn...the scope shots, machete in head, screwdriver in ear, helicopter etc...

But the one kill, thee one kill that has me talking about the movie, is in Hell of the Living Dead, where Zantoro entices a bunch of the Dead to eat him, offering his arm to one and referring to it as a "wing"(maybe it was a drumstick...been awhile)...as soon as the zombie grabs hold of his arm(and he's had his fun), he blasts it's head off, showing us the carnage as it takes place...that's what I remembered of the movie as a kid seeing it, and why it's in my zombie arsenal today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNGG266POGQ
Not the whole scene, but the jist of it at about 4:12 into the video...

Twisted Sister
10-23-2008, 08:55 AM
This is a toughie...hmm. The exploding Ghetto Zombie head in DOTD was great, the Helicopter one as well, as HTrooper mentioned..Sarah's in NOTLD 90 was good even though it was just a shooting...

jbyrd123
10-23-2008, 04:01 PM
I liked the one in the original DOTD where the guy sits at the blood pressure machine and gets attcked.

theoutfieldguy
10-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Best Zombie kill of all time?...the HalloweeN re-imagining.Butchered it singlehandedly.
Seriously tho...thats a tough question for me,since there were many memorable ones.I guess in the original NOTLD.When the most memorable zombie in the film-the first one on screen-gets Johnny.And then rises up and lightening reflects off of his zombie face.Brilliant.

Laurie2007
10-23-2008, 04:54 PM
I'd have to go with with the orginalt NOTLD when the little girl comes to as a zombie, eats her dead father and then stabs her mother with a gardening tool

Dr Googenater
10-29-2008, 04:05 PM
the pregnant woman getting killed from automation transfusion. a zombie rips the baby out of her stomach and eats it, nasty as hell but awesome.

sharkboy
10-29-2008, 04:22 PM
the helicopter guy in Dawn.....that was some forehead he had

Count_Sarge
11-08-2008, 08:45 AM
From Romero Dead Series:

Night: The posse killing all the zeds in the field
Dawn: The Screwdriver zombie
Day: The zombie that gets drilled to the head by Dr. Logan

Khan
11-08-2008, 09:07 AM
the helicopter guy in Dawn.....that was some forehead he had

They did the makeup that way to achieve the effect.

Torgo
11-08-2008, 09:38 AM
I'd have to go with with the orginalt NOTLD when the little girl comes to as a zombie, eats her dead father and then stabs her mother with a gardening tool

That scene is great and everything, but I never understood why the little girl STABS the mom instead of eating her.

EvilOnTwoLegs
11-08-2008, 07:48 PM
That scene is great and everything, but I never understood why the little girl STABS the mom instead of eating her.

Because she hates her mother, obviously. So it's personal. :nodsmile:

Anyway, best zombie-on-human kill is Rhodes in Day of the Dead.

Best human-on-zombie kill...hmmmmmmm...that, I'll have to give more thought.

Count_Sarge
11-08-2008, 08:31 PM

Well we don't actually see anything else. Maybe she took a few bites or so and heard the commotion upstairs with Ben and Barbra fending off the zeds getting in and went to investigate.