PDA

View Full Version : "Dead Set" (UK Zombie TV Series)

Hall9ween
10-12-2008, 08:17 AM
I did a quick search and could not find anything on this short series, but it is due it's premier on UK television at the end of this month.

I don't know if 4oD (the channel's online catch-up service) will work in the USA, but most likely someone will upload this online soon after, especially as though the DVD is due out at the start of November.

Basically, I read that a zombie outbreak threatens humanity while this film focuses on the contestants still left in the UK Big Brother house, unaware that the outbreak is taking place.

The website is www.e4.com/deadset (I have applied for some "premier" tickets for Bristol) which is also a fairly cool flash site.

Who else is pretty excited to be seeing this?! I like how Davina got involved (the UK Big Brother host who has been with it from the start) even though Big Brother is now getting a bit tired. To be more "cutting edge", that Channel 4 likes to promote itself as, I guess this should have been made a lot earlier when Big Brother was still fairly fresh.

Trailer 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OErUbThn4pg

Trailer 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTQVXGvXZko

Severed
10-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Looks pretty good to me. Too bad I won't be able to see it.

Hall9ween
10-12-2008, 09:17 AM
It's a 5 part series (I think) and like I said, it will likely be loaded up online somewhere, which someone could give the link to when it does (if this is not against the rules). Should be a fairly good quality version too because the DVD is being released very shortly after it has been on TV.

Hall9ween
10-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Another TV trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhGLM49k8ck

No one else seems bothered, not many UK people left on here? Ah well, I'm up for it.

Brimstone
10-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Looks interesting.Hopefully they'll show it here eventually.

Muse
10-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Looks decent. Would've never known about it without this thread, not seen these ads or anything. Thanks for the headsup, I'll be sure to catch it.

HTrooper
10-23-2008, 12:23 AM
Those guys across the pond are lucky to see it first, but when December rolls around, those of us lucky enough to have a region free (should be that way anyway) player will get to see it...looks better than what's has been put out as of late...

Dingo
10-23-2008, 01:20 AM
I saw the ad for this last week and I thought it was just another big brother thing...Class!
This looks good. Real excited.

Darth Marenghi
10-23-2008, 01:54 AM
I live in the UK and this looks really, really good. It's basicly 28 days later meets Big Brother. It starts on Sunday 27th October and ends on 31st, so it's a real Halloween treat for zombie fans. But if your not in the UK you can either buy it on DVD from Amazon.co.uk, Play.com etc from 3rd November (although I'm sure some torrents will be popping up next week!)

Muse
10-27-2008, 04:26 PM
Well, it started tonight, and I have to say, first episode was cool. Not amazing (though some thought so) but cool. Looking forward to the second part tomorrow night, I think it will be better than tonights. The first was kinda all about setting it up, so was a little slow for the first 20 mins, but tomorrow, should be near enough all action. :)

Hall9ween
11-01-2008, 12:40 PM
I was away for the week that this show was on, but I have just finished watching all the episodes that I recorded... and wow! It was awesome! Little tiny bit disappointed with the ending and the camera work was at times really annoying, but overall I really liked it!

There is an online catch-up service (think it is available for 30 days) and the DVD is out soon.

http://www.channel4.com/video/brandless-catchup.jsp?vodBrand=dead-set

Does the online catch-up work in the USA?

Thurisaz
11-12-2008, 06:41 AM
I'd just like to say that this show was awesome. I didn't really expect it to be as good as it was. I was wary of the Big Brother part, but it seemed to fit well into the story.

What it really make me wish though is that someone, somewhere would just go ahead and do an ongoing zombie TV series. It's something I think would fly over here in the US on HBO or Showtime. Better yet, someone needs to buy up TV rights for Robert Kirkman's Walking Dead comic series and turn it into a show on one of the aforementioned networks. That would be aweome.