PDA

View Full Version : Where would you hide?

theoutfieldguy
10-02-2008, 01:18 PM
I've had this discussion numerous times with numerous friends.So now I ask you guys...If zombies really had taken over the world,where would you hide?Be creative.

My answer would be COSTCO.They have no windows whatsoever,theres plenty of food for a year or two.Tv,video games,a whole pallet of Monster Energy drinks and a tent to sleep in.Plus,they have that metal rolling door which would be near impossible to break through for a zombie.They'd practically have to get on the roof and break through the ceiling windows to get to me.Thats where I'd go.Considering I could get in,that is.

discvader
10-02-2008, 01:44 PM
I was gonna say a Jehovah's Witnesses Temple, cause they don't have any windows, but I'll probably chill with you at Costco, sounds like a good time, plus Jehovah's Witnesses kinda freak me out.

Ivan
10-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Gun shop. Armed with shotguns and submachine guns, bandoleers all over my body, the fucking bastards have no chance.

The Kilted One
10-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Hell, I've been prepairing for the inevitable zombie holocaust for years! Damned if I'm going to just blurt out my fiendishly ingenious plans all over the internet! No chance.

...God bless you all, but you're on your own.

Laurie2007
10-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Sam's club.....kinda like costco but they have guns too i believe

MM2DYLAN
10-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Boomstick doesn't hide.;)

The Kilted One
10-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Hell no, he doesn't! None of us would. That's what we're about.

MM2DYLAN
10-02-2008, 05:31 PM
For we are The Zombie Squad!!!

Revenant
10-02-2008, 05:35 PM
First stop, gunstore for guns and ammunition. Second stop, hold up in Super Wal-Mart.

Chef Dustin*****

discvader
10-02-2008, 05:47 PM
F*ck guns! We're all gonna die anyways, might as well have the best snacks while your still kickin'! :nodsmile:

The Kilted One
10-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Speak for yourself, ye of little faith!

...you're right about the snacks, though. You think they'll have twix and Junior Mints?

Khan
10-02-2008, 05:50 PM
The problem with Costco is securing the main entrance.

If you can accomplish that, then you are alright.

Revenant
10-02-2008, 06:09 PM
That's to be said of all superstores, you have to get those huge glass windows and doors boarded/blocked up ASAP.

Chef Dustin*****

P.S.: God, let's hope that the zombies are the slow moving type and not the Dawn(remake)and 28 Days/Weeks variety

sharkboy
10-02-2008, 06:20 PM
I would hide at sea, and live off the ocean. There are thousands of uninhabited islands in the south pacific

theoutfieldguy
10-02-2008, 06:23 PM
The problem with Costco is securing the main entrance.

If you can accomplish that, then you are alright.

The one here has that metal rolling door,so I dont think it'd be an issue.The wal marts wouldnt work so well,cuz they have huge glass doors that would be easily broken.

Twisted Sister
10-02-2008, 06:36 PM
The Zombie Squad would be at sea, sailing on the TitanicII/Jenny/Millenium Falcon, and we have each other's backs...we'd go to Ireland, then Romania. :)

But if I were without my newest and dearest friends, I'd pull a Mr. Cooper and barracade myself in an attic with a folding trap door. Or a good army base, with no stairs, and an elevator.

boogeyman87
10-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Costco/Shopping mall/grocery store all seem like reasonable and rational ideas. Which is why they would be overrun with thousands of people trying to scramble inside which would eventually eat up your space and get in your way of surviving. That's why I'd try and stock up as much as I could in supplies and take to the road, and maybe head to the mountains. Isolation...seems to be the safest bet.

FTL
10-02-2008, 10:25 PM
PD. Don't they have special mechanical locks and bulletproof windows?

zombie commando
10-03-2008, 04:10 AM
I'd set up camp inside a beached whale.

Ivan
10-03-2008, 08:53 AM
F*ck guns! We're all gonna die anyways...Yeah, so why not killing as much of your enemies as it would be possible before dying?

Twisted Sister
10-03-2008, 09:44 AM
That's the spirit Ivan.

I've decided to hide at Disney World. Plenty of hiding places, and could have some fun if it all goes bad.....:)

MM2DYLAN
10-03-2008, 12:15 PM
That's the spirit Ivan.

I've decided to hide at Disney World. Plenty of hiding places, and could have some fun if it all goes bad.....:)

That could be the Z-Squad's new official headquarters.

discvader
10-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Yeah, so why not killing as much of your enemies as it would be possible before dying?
Fair enough...I'm always game. :) Live by the gun...Die by the gun. Learn it, live it! :yeah:

Twisted Sister
10-04-2008, 04:33 PM
That could be the Z-Squad's new official headquarters.

That's a great idea. We need to address it with The General, when we leave Romania or Ireland or wherever we're heading.

The Kilted One
10-05-2008, 09:37 AM
That's a great idea. We need to address it with The General, when we leave Romania or Ireland or wherever we're heading.

I already have the HQ covered. When the zombies come over the hill, we'll be ready.

Twisted Sister
10-05-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm ready. Where?:guns:

Psych0ticNemes1s
10-06-2008, 06:42 AM
At first I would gather all of my family together and flee to the most remote home around. From there, we would put our heads together and decide to either find an island to live on or move way north where the zombies would freeze solid if they ever tried heading that way. We would pick up Jeremy and company on the way. ;)

One thing most people don't think about is that zombies aren't the only thing to worry about... The first threat will be people, who will do anything to survive.

The Kilted One
10-06-2008, 05:03 PM
I'm ready. Where?:guns:

I'll not divulge the location until the time is right. At this point, that kind of knowledge is doled out only on a need-to-know basis.

Michaeleon
10-06-2008, 05:59 PM
My grandparent's cabin up north. That place is such a shithole even the undead would steer clear.

Seriously, I would take refuge at my relative's somewhat desolate farm.

EvilOnTwoLegs
10-06-2008, 06:33 PM
My grandparent's cabin up north. That place is such a shithole even the undead would steer clear.

Seriously, I would take refuge at my relative's somewhat desolate farm.

Didn't NotLD take place at a somewhat desolate farmhouse?

Don't know how safe you'd be there.

Twisted Sister
10-06-2008, 06:44 PM
I'll not divulge the location until the time is right. At this point, that kind of knowledge is doled out only on a need-to-know basis.

I need to know, so I can take some time of work :)...alright. But if you need me, I'll be hiding out at Darien Lake's Six Flags.

The Kilted One
10-09-2008, 01:54 PM
I need to know, so I can take some time of work :)...alright. But if you need me, I'll be hiding out at Darien Lake's Six Flags.

I'll get word out to the squad in time. When you need to, you'll know.

-Gen. Ryan O. Ross S.T.A. , G.T.S. , M.A.T.

:hugegrin:

Twisted Sister
10-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Well, obviously as we're in BULGARIA thanks to Jeremy, we might as well hide there.

WhiteZombie
10-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Staying anywhere too long, with the same people, and limited supplys would be difficult. At first (of course if I could salvage the gas) I'd stay on the road for a bit. Party of 3, in a van. FIRST STOP would be filling my tank, and many other jugs of gas. Take out the middle seats store water, food, weapons. Keep the radio on and listen for anything useful. Stop places that you could get food, or anything else you need. Sleep in the open and take shifts so you can see trouble comming... From there my plan is to be kept to myself;)

Twisted Sister
10-09-2008, 04:05 PM
<--Thinks that White Zombie might be an asset to the Zombie Squad :)

Khan
10-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Well, obviously as we're in BULGARIA thanks to Jeremy, we might as well hide there.

You spilled the coffee on the map! :p

Twisted Sister
10-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Pshhhawww! It was a map of DETRIOT ANYWAYS!!!!!!

WhiteZombie
10-09-2008, 04:11 PM
<--Thinks that White Zombie might be an asset to the Zombie Squad :)

Haha what is this Zombie Squad you speak of, I've seen it floating around latly.

The Dark Knight
10-09-2008, 05:52 PM
I'd hide in my closet.

Twisted Sister
10-10-2008, 03:48 AM
Haha what is this Zombie Squad you speak of, I've seen it floating around latly.

A highly trained group of zombie killers that are training for possible zombie invasions. Currently we are rpging a trip to Romania and killin' zombies along the way :)

The Kilted One
10-13-2008, 11:46 AM
"You ankle biters need to stop this ridiculous fighting! We're back on track now, and that's all that matters. Keep your eyes on the ball!"

:bastard:

Twisted Sister
10-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Hehe....am not!!

I've made my final decision. I'd hide under the ocean. In a bubble.

Brimstone
10-13-2008, 02:24 PM
I don't think I'd stay in one place.As long as it was safe to do so,I'd keep moving from place to place.We've seen in both Night and Dawn that if you stay in one place too long,something always happens to screw things up.

The Kilted One
10-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Hehe....am not!!

I've made my final decision. I'd hide under the ocean. In a bubble.

Are too! :p

...and that's fine with me. You can hide in your bubble city while I'm out killing zombies by the hundreds. :grouchy:

Twisted Sister
10-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Never mind. You're right. I wouldn't hide, I'd hunt. Might as well :)

MM2DYLAN
10-13-2008, 03:40 PM
I'd hide at the Myers House.

Twisted Sister
10-13-2008, 03:53 PM
The one from part 1,5,6, or 8?:hugegrin:

duhderrick
10-13-2008, 04:02 PM
well.. the How To Survive a Horror Movie manual says to get some food and sit at a water tower. so.. thats what ill do.

whats a water tower?

MM2DYLAN
10-13-2008, 04:03 PM
The one from part 1,5,6, or 8?:hugegrin:

RZH, because it looks like a fortress.

Twisted Sister
10-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Forgot that one. My bad!!

Water tower isn't a bad idea...unless you're afraid of heights..

EvilOnTwoLegs
10-13-2008, 08:00 PM
Water tower isn't a bad idea...unless you're afraid of heights..

...or water.

Stage 3
10-13-2008, 08:59 PM
it's such a scary thought, i don't know what i'd do.

Twisted Sister
10-14-2008, 04:47 AM
...or water.

He brings up a good point.
I'm going to the sewer systems.

duhderrick
10-14-2008, 05:35 AM
He brings up a good point.
I'm going to the sewer systems.

im afraid of shitty zombies... ;)

Twisted Sister
11-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Gross.

Ok, after months of contimplating, a deserted island with a lookout tower. :)

Laurie2007
11-30-2008, 09:20 AM
Hide? why would any memeber of the zombie squad hide?

Twisted Sister
11-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Ok, not "hide" perhaps, but create an area of defense where we can effectively manuever and plan without surprises. :)

The Kilted One
11-30-2008, 10:20 AM
"Dig in" is what we used to call it.

...but remember that digging in is not always the best plan.

Rich
11-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Costco is a good place. Of course with all stores (as shown in Dawn of the Dead) you have got to be worried about looters who will do anything to get what they want/need. I dont think you would be able to settle anywhere. You would have to life the rest of your life as a nomad and be extremely careful, because all it takes is one bite (or scratch according to Resident Evil, which I don't agree with though).

Twisted Sister
11-30-2008, 08:00 PM
"Dig in" is what we used to call it.

...but remember that digging in is not always the best plan.

I will never dig without my General's go-ahead :)

HoozKook
01-07-2009, 08:26 AM
I have thought about this so many times also and have made a plan (yeah I know I dont go out much). I would grab my golf clubs (all of them incase I meet other survivours) and i would walk or Hot wire a car (depends on if they were fast or slow) to a local supermarket or to my town shopping centre (just like dawn of the dead). But my local supermarket would be a better choice because it has food stocked at all times, Only two entrances and Electronics sections for entertainment.

screamer88
01-14-2009, 11:21 PM
ugh, honestly if zombies ever took over. id go up to the hottest one and let him take me ;) hehe. kidding

but really, i dont know where i'd go. thatd be scary as hell!

Reobeem
01-19-2009, 06:00 AM
For me it would depend on how much time I had and how many zombies there were. In any case I would first go to Wallmart for supplies, then go to our local mall since it's not too far. We would block all the doors, form a plan, and use the hunting gear at Dicks Sporting Goods to take out any zombies we see.

jbyrd123
01-19-2009, 06:21 AM
Get in the car go to the nearest Wal-Mart supercenter, they got guns, ammo, food, tv, PS3, XBox 360. I know this is sort of a rip off of Dawn Of The Dead, but it is a time proven plan.

ILoveChiaPetsXD
01-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Some four-story building with an accessible roof, with buildings close (but not touching each other), so that I can jump from roof to roof.

Thank you, Zombie Survival Guide ^_^

MM2DYLAN
01-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Mall.

Twisted Sister
01-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Dylan!

Snow-infested mountainous region with only a small hamlet for supplies.

Silverpsycho
01-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Costco is a good place. Of course with all stores (as shown in Dawn of the Dead) you have got to be worried about looters who will do anything to get what they want/need. I dont think you would be able to settle anywhere. You would have to life the rest of your life as a nomad and be extremely careful, because all it takes is one bite (or scratch according to Resident Evil, which I don't agree with though).
I totally agree. I have always thought that Costco or even a Wal-mart would be a great place to hit up for awhile. However I think those places would receive a bad crowd rather than a good one at the time of an apocalypse so I may avoid it altogether. However, if I could loot enough from somewhere (canned goods and other necessities), then I'd love to just be settled on an island in the middle of nowhere with a lookout tower, as Jamie suggested. I'd hope to accumulate friends along the way though because dying alone and paranoid would suck.

Twisted Sister
01-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Or resort to having imaginary friends like I do ;)

jbyrd123
01-22-2009, 06:50 PM
I totally agree. I have always thought that Costco or even a Wal-mart would be a great place to hit up for awhile. However I think those places would receive a bad crowd rather than a good one at the time of an apocalypse so I may avoid it altogether. However, if I could loot enough from somewhere (canned goods and other necessities), then I'd love to just be settled on an island in the middle of nowhere with a lookout tower, as Jamie suggested. I'd hope to accumulate friends along the way though because dying alone and paranoid would suck.Sound kindda like the cops Idea at the first of the original Dawn Of The Dead, wonder what happened to those guys.

Mr. Bruce
03-10-2009, 09:44 AM
I would nail up my house and wait for the bombs to drop.

captainoneliner
03-10-2009, 09:55 AM
If you go to Wal-Mart during a zombie crisis, you will just be there with a bunch of crazy, pushy people who have no respect for you or anything else.

Wait a minute.. that's Wal-mart NOT during a zombie crisis.

I'll get back to you.

SlasherBoi
03-10-2009, 10:20 AM
shit man, what a question that is! LOL I guess my choice would be lock myself up in Wal-Mart where there is tons and tons of food, clothes, and entertainment wise stuff. Or maybe live on an Island like sharkboy said..lol

TouchMe4Money
03-11-2009, 01:23 AM
I'd "hide" in the archives of Playgirl Magazine. The vault, where they can't get me unless they're smart enough to pick combination locks.