PDA

View Full Version : How would YOU have done the remake?

Roswell
09-19-2008, 05:47 PM
Okay, here's the rules regarding this thread:

Keep most Rob Zombie bashing/praising out of here. This thread isn't about his movie but rather what you personally would have done if you had been chosen to do the remake, so keep the focus of your post on your ideas and not on his.

No "I wouldn't have remade the film" posts, either. If you wouldn't remake it, then don't post here. Simple, no?

One last thing. Be creative. See what you come up with and have fun with this. Try and do what John Carpenter told Rob Zombie to do and make it your own.

Torgo
09-19-2008, 06:26 PM
I probably would have placed it more in modern times. Most of it would be similar to the original, but it would be updated enough to fit in with the current trends and themes. But not overkill, it'd have to be somewhat timeless. I mean I'm not talking about hiring Beyonce to play Laurie Strode. Keep a lot of the characters and their characteristics the same, but more up to date.

I wouldn't have gone the Myers backstory route, in fact I'd have kept it pretty much just like John Carpenter had it, storyline wise. You'd just have cell phones and things (even tho there oddly are cell phones in the actual remake).

Just, you know, take out all the dated stuff and maybe quicken the pace slightly.

Not very creative, but I just wouldn't want to fuck with it too much!

NYCKing87
09-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Well, I would've had Michael in the shadows more, kept the mask white clean and toned down the number of cussing. That's pretty much it.

Khan
09-19-2008, 06:41 PM
First off, I would eliminate the back story idea entirely, with a minimum of explanation as to why he snaps.

Secondly, I would keep it in a more modern time but with a similar plot structure, changing details only when it makes logical sense, such as having cell phones as a daily device (but no texting as a main gimmick :p)

I would somewhat update the characterizations, but not go over the top with vulgarity in an attempt to seem more modern.

I would keep the suspense and tension, with blood kept to a minimum, but not totally bloodless, as that doesn't fly today.

I would try as hard as possible to keep the mask more authentic.

NYCKing87
09-19-2008, 06:57 PM
First off, I would eliminate the back story idea entirely, with a minimum of explanation as to why he snaps.
There's no reason in the remake as to why he snaps though.

sound_asleep7
09-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Would've gotten rid of the backstory, the swearing, and Michael's damn long hair (No way that can all fit in that mask without it showing) Also I would've made the story behind the mask similar to the original.

Khan
09-19-2008, 07:41 PM
There's no reason in the remake as to why he snaps though.

Without getting into detail, it is heavily implied with all of the previous carnage.

Pasabi
09-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Well my movie would have been a lot different then RZ's but after seeing his movie I know there is certain things I would have done.

I always thought the abuse storyline was good on paper but after seeing it I ended up feeling sorry for the bastard. I don't want to feel sorry for the kid so I would have definantley changed that up.

Not as much swearing, no long hair, no tall michael.

One major thing for casting is if I had to chose the part for Laurie and had the chance to cast Dainelle as her and not Annie I probably would have done so as I would have thought I could give fans of the old and fans of the new something to look forward too.

As far as characters, I truely would have changed most of them and certainly not bring them back for a remake as I feel remake characters never live up to the characters in the original except for Laurie and Dr. Loomis. Annie, Bob, Linda, everyone gone and start from scratch.

Revenant
09-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Well, the consenus seems to be "put it in modern times" which sounds about right. I would have given him a better backstory involving abuse from Judith only. I didn't mind having the "tall" Michael as long as the child counterpart was actually tall for his age. I'm sure more will come to me, but I'm friggin' tired.

Dustin*****

You_Let_Him_Out
09-20-2008, 06:27 AM
The original outline would be the same. Plus, no screwing with Michael or Loomis's backstory. All the characters would have the same personality, but I would have them doing different things. All the murder/stalk scenes would be different, though, except maybe the ghost strangulation. Basically, the same story told differently.

Danny Strode
09-20-2008, 08:24 AM
I would've elminated the entire backstory, a lot of the language, and would've made damn sure the characters weren't flat as cardboard. I would've had it set in modern times as mentioned above, and I agree with Jeremy about the cell phones - no texting!!!!

I also think I wouldn't have made it so long. A good 90 minutes is fine, anything longer than that can make it just boring at times.

matthew28
09-21-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm confused.Why does everyone keep saying "I'd have put it in modern times" ?

In the second half the movie it was in the present day.

For me I also would have cast Danielle as Laurie.She was the lead for two movies,one being a fan favorite.(part 4) She should be the lead again.(but I'm happy they kept her charactor alive)

Shorten the backstory so there would be more time spent in the present.

Eliminate 95% of the swearing.Short hair on Myers,young and old.

Put more emphasis on suspense and a slow buildup to each death.

Torgo
09-21-2008, 05:14 PM

In the second half the movie was in the present day.

actually they never say when it is. It's supposed to be ambiguous, which explains the cell phones. In Halloween 78 you can clearly tell what decade it is. In this one it's not really defined. Maybe a little more obvious modern day setting.

Danny Strode
09-21-2008, 07:10 PM

In the second half the movie was in the present day.

For me I also would have cast Danielle as Laurie.She was the lead for two movies,one being a fan favorite.(part 4) She should be the lead again.(but I'm happy they kept her charactor alive).

Take one look at Lynda's cell phone and you tell me with a straight face that it's in modern times. My mother has that same phone, for crying out loud! :p

And I agree about the second paragraph. :nodsmile:

Laurie2007
09-22-2008, 04:53 AM
i would have paid more attention to the remake part and not as much on the white trash prequel part
i have to disagree on the Danielle as laurie....orignally i wanted her as it....but i think it would have been WAY WAY to strange seeing "Jamie" play her own mom haha

matthew28
09-22-2008, 10:02 AM
actually they never say when it is. It's supposed to be ambiguous, which explains the cell phones. In Halloween 78 you can clearly tell what decade it is. In this one it's not really defined. Maybe a little more obvious modern day setting.

I don't know.Sherrif Bracket's cop car looks pretty new.Based on the model alone I would think it would had to have been at least the late 90's.

Danny Strode
09-22-2008, 03:14 PM
i have to disagree on the Danielle as laurie....orignally i wanted her as it....but i think it would have been WAY WAY to strange seeing "Jamie" play her own mom haha

That would be awesome! And eerie at the same time. :p

halloweenfan89
09-22-2008, 03:48 PM
If I directed it I would have made it H9 and not a remake but thats just me

MM2DYLAN
09-22-2008, 03:50 PM
I would have made Michael less sympathetic.

Khan
09-22-2008, 03:51 PM

And what would be the draw for the general audience to keep things profitable?

Laurie was dead and Loomis certianly wasn't coming back.

All you had was Busta and a few other survivors who no one liked or cared about.

Simply putting Michael in a movie doesn't guarantee success.

Roswell
09-22-2008, 04:55 PM

v
v
v
v
v

No "I wouldn't have remade the film" posts, either. If you wouldn't remake it, then don't post here. Simple, no?

Laurie2007
09-22-2008, 05:10 PM
That would be awesome! And eerie at the same time. :p

yeah and that might be a danerous combo in this series haha :p

OmegaRex
09-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Hmmm, not sure what sort of structure etc. I would have pursued (without having actually worked on such a project). I think I would have been paying attention to movies like Seven though in writing and preproduction. Perhaps the kind of dynamic visual style you find in a movie like Suspiria would have been interesting to pursue in a Halloween movie. Since the original featured a simple plot, I think I would have been looking for something a bit more sophisticated story-wise. Of course, lots of cool Halloween holiday imagery and stuff would be a plus.

NYCKing87
09-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Without getting into detail, it is heavily implied with all of the previous carnage.nah, i don't see it. at the start of the film it even implies that he was always messed up, as you see 'im wipe blood off his hands in his bathroom.

If I directed it I would have made it H9 and not a remake but thats just methat would've been a bad idea my friend.

coryorton
09-23-2008, 05:30 PM
One of the VERY big things for me would be to avoid the "White-Trash/Redneck" theme RZ had to throw into the mix. Haddonfield is and forever should be a clean-cut,small peaceful suburb-like area.

And on that note, i'd also avoid touching the subject/details of the childhood visually as much...its very damn hard to find a suitable young actor to come off convincingly with something in this nature,and I feel like that was proved easily by Daeg Faerch (sorry,I think he sucked in the movie in all ways possible).

The one thing I definetly did enjoy and would've also done was the "dream-like casting". A lot of people think thats a downfall as well,but I loved seeing the genre vet's and such appear, it was just the writing and direction of the movie/characters itself that watered them down so awfully.

And change the shitty mask.

theshape09
09-24-2008, 10:59 AM
i wouldn't waste so many time on the childhood! other than that i liked the rest of the movie

DistantJ
10-05-2008, 06:53 AM
Okay, the only things I'd change would be to have the young Mikey sections a little shorter so that we can have more time with Laurie, introduce Laurie a little earlier (almost as soon as we get the "Fifteen Years Later" title), and have a nice title sequence after he makes his first killing in order to really milk that classic theme song.

That's pretty much it. I really enjoyed seeing Mikey this way, the only thing I found wrong with it was how Laurie and co. are introduced so late and as such we have to get to know them quite quickly, so that'd the only thing I'd change!

Captain Mal
10-05-2008, 02:13 PM
I would've completely taken the piss out of it and all the remakes that have been coming out since The Ring. I'd have had Michael watching Halloween 1 and getting scared. Then later on he could catch a bit of H6 but he'd destroy the TV. 99% of remakes are septic so, yes, a total piss take would've been my approach.

Todd 78
10-05-2008, 02:41 PM
I would have made Michael less sympathetic.

I don't see how he came off as sympathetic. Especially after he killed Danny Trejo's charcter.

Maybe as a kid, but make no mistakes Adult Michael was a twisted evil mother fucker. Busta Rhymes wouldn't be able to talk trash to this Michael.

I enjoyed the remake quite a bit. The best Halloween film I saw since Part 4, so I have not many complaints.

I would have Laurie in the film in a bit longer and less of Ronnie

Grim Reaper
10-12-2008, 05:57 AM
My idea would be that the Adult Micahel Myers would talk and tell everyone why he kills! The Storyline would be about Michael Myers would get married to his wife and have kids that would kill for him and so the title of this would be called the Children of Darkness of Michael Myers

Ivan
10-12-2008, 06:23 AM
My idea would be that the Adult Micahel Myers would talk and tell everyone why he kills! The Storyline would be about Michael Myers would get married to his wife and have kids that would kill for him and so the title of this would be called the Children of Darkness of Michael MyersI always thought it would be funny to see a court with Michael. They would keep asking him questions and he won't answer anything. He would murder his lawyer before it starts.

Khan
10-12-2008, 07:29 AM
My idea would be that the Adult Micahel Myers would talk and tell everyone why he kills! The Storyline would be about Michael Myers would get married to his wife and have kids that would kill for him and so the title of this would be called the Children of Darkness of Michael Myers

All of those ideas are horrible.

Michael did talk in a very early draft of the script (only saying one word), but thankfully that was removed.

Pandaz
10-12-2008, 03:21 PM
How would I have done the remake? Hm...

-Less prequel: I thought the extensive prequel portion really hurt the pacing of the movie. It was overdone, and I was boreded by most of the scenes at Smith's Grove Sanitarium. The lengthy first half resulted in a rushed remake portion and thus, poor character development. They were no different than stereotypical slasher characters who are obviously there for no other purpose than to die. I liked Annie, though, and by the ending, I was more concerned about her than I was Laurie. I didn't give a shit about Laurie.

-Different prequel perhaps? I know this was supposed to be a different movie, but I probably would have depicted Michael as a normal kid, and would have had him slowly, but surely becoming emotionally detached from everything until there was nothing left... but pure evil!

Other than that, I wouldn't change much. I don't love the film as it is, but it's really grown on me as of late.

duhderrick
10-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Lets see. I would have had a back story. But I would have kept it very short. I would have maybe shown Michael earlier in the day at school or something. I would have had him as a very quiet kid. And then I would create a nice relationship between him and Judith the night of Halloween. Like, she was really sweet to him and her boyfriend comes over and they go upstairs to do their thing. And then he kills both of them.

End of the backstory.

I would have shown little Smith's Grove scenes. Maybe have it more of a montage type deal.

And then I would have played the story up of the girls. Show him stalking the 3 all day and night. Also, the time setting would be modern and I would have shown a specific date. I don't know about most people, but I like to know what time my movies are set it.

Todd 78
10-13-2008, 06:17 AM
Michael did talk in a very early draft of the script (only saying one word), but thankfully that was removed.

In the context of the film, I wish they kept " Boo" dialogue in their"

It works in the film he was going for, I don't get why Zombie took it over over a few crying fan boys who are probably still complaing anyways.

I watched it again last night, and I stand by opinion that is the third best film of the entire franchise. Halloween, Halloween 4 and RZ's remake are the most watchable films

It still gets a solid 8.5 from me

Torgo
10-13-2008, 07:49 AM

It works in the film he was going for, I don't get why Zombie took it over a few crying fan bouys who are probably still complaing anyways.

I watcherd it again last night, and I stand by opinion that is the third best film of the entire franchise. Halloween, Halloween 4 and RZ's remake are the most watchable films

It still gets a solid 8.5 from me

My girlfriend (who also likes the movie and she isn't a huge fan of horror movies) and I both think this is better than pretty much all the sequels, or at least tied with Halloween II.

NYCKing87
10-13-2008, 10:31 AM

It works in the film he was going for, I don't get why Zombie took it over a few crying fan bouys who are probably still complaing anyways.

I watcherd it again last night, and I stand by opinion that is the third best film of the entire franchise. Halloween, Halloween 4 and RZ's remake are the most watchable films

It still gets a solid 8.5 from meStraight up.

The people that have a problem with the film can kiss my butt.

Todd 78
10-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Straight up.

The people that have a problem with the film can kiss my butt.

In the era of Hostel, and Saw, the remake looks better and better.

I am not foolish enough to comarte it to the original( which imo is the best horror movie ever made )but my god lets look at all the crap that came out this decade,this is one of the better horror films in this decade

NYCKing87
10-13-2008, 10:51 AM
In the era of Hostel, and Saw, the remake looks better and better.

I am not foolish enough to comarte it to the original( which imo is the best horror movie ever made )but my god lets look at all the crap that came out this decade,this one of the better horror films in this decadeWord!!

FTL
10-13-2008, 11:10 AM
I would've added lots of hooters and more Forsythe!

GAMER456
10-24-2008, 07:01 PM
The only thing I had a problem with was the hair. Everyone in the remake had longer hair, all the boyfriends, little Michael and big Mike. Take out all that extra hair and u got one hell of a movie.

Scarface
10-25-2008, 10:18 PM
I would've eliminated the brother/sister thing. I think what made the original Halloween so scary was the fact that you didn't know why Michael was killing people. It also makes the series feel confined with this info. I think that's why the "old" series failed, was the whole "killing the family" thing. Eliminating this, I feel, would free up some constraints.

Also, I don't think I would've delved into Michael's childhood. Or if I did, I would've been more creative than giving him the cliche "always picked on" angle. I would've had it so that Michael has always been quiet, and that you never really know what makes him snap. It makes him scarier that way. I wouldn't succumb him to killing animals.

I also would have developed and fleshed out the characters more, rather than abruptly bringing you from past to present. This is where I think RZ's Halloween really lost me. I just didn't feel anything for ANY of the characters. I didn't care who lived and who died.

My version would have Michael being more of a "trickster," so-to-speak. I would have him utilize his intelligence a bit and "lure" his victims, rather than just straight up attack them. He would toy with them a bit and basically let them fall into his "traps." There would have been much more stalking sequences. He would enjoy scaring his victims.

This is a start in how I would approach doing a remake.

sharkboy
10-26-2008, 01:09 AM
I would have followed the Richards novel...I liked the elements that he added, as I found it made it creepy that his grandfather had 'issues' before him. who knows, it'd probably keep the thornies happy too :D

ScareGasm
10-26-2008, 07:50 PM
I would have removed a bit of the vulgarity and the gore (to make it more true to the original). I would have kept Tyler Mane as Michael but I would have made Danny Trejo live (the one hispanic orderly) because he was always nice to Michael in the movie and I personally thought he was the shit. Oh yeah, and I would've got a better actor to do a more accurate portrayal of Dr. Loomis (even though nobody will ever measure up to that of Donald Pleasance anyways.) I just don't care for Malcolm McDowell. I've seen 2 of his movies other than this one and I just flat out don't like him. Nothing personal, he just doesn't do it for me whatsoever.

I'm still sticking with my theory that the highlight of the remake was seeing Danielle's cleavage. :D

sharkboy
10-26-2008, 07:53 PM
I will second that motion ;)

Danny Strode
10-26-2008, 08:11 PM
I won't. ;)

Scarface
10-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Malcolm McDowell is a god on two legs. Have you guys even seen O Luck Man! or A Clockwork Orange? Flawless. I also don't mind his current stint on Heroes. I think he makes a fine Loomis. If there's anything bad about his portrayal, Zombie is more likely at blame with the way he wrote the character. So with that said, I also won't second that motion.

sharkboy
10-26-2008, 08:52 PM
No No, I only meant to second the motion about Danielle! I LOVE McDowell! I just don't know how to quote just one sentence on this board is all...my bad!:blush:

Scarface
10-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Ha, my bad. I guess I should read carefully next time. I jumped the gun too fast.

It's just that every time I see a comment about someone not liking McDowell, I always tend to get edgy. Though, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so I gotta respect that.

With that said, I will third that motion about Danielle's cleavage ;).

Danny Strode
10-27-2008, 10:05 AM
I just don't know how to quote just one sentence on this board is all...my bad!:blush:

Use the "Quote" button on the post you want to quote. ;)

sharkboy
10-27-2008, 10:17 AM
i didn't want to quote the whole post. that's how i got in this mess in the first place but thanks for your guidance nonetheless :bastard:

Scarface
10-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Well, what you do is quote the whole post, and just delete all of the stuff that you didn't want to quote.

sharkboy
10-27-2008, 01:15 PM
thank you sir...that is what I needed to know:)

AndyUK
10-31-2008, 03:24 PM
I too would have placed it in modern times and cut out all the unnecessary swearing and the cheesy girl talk of RZ's film. The interaction between the girls in the original was fine. I probably would have stuck as closely as possible to the Book Hallowe'en by Curtis Richards. I particularly like the explanation for why Michael became the killer as a result of an ancient Irish Celtic curse. And seeing that Haddonfield was said to be in Illinois, i would have done the filming there, and in the Autumn (Fall) season. I too would have had Michael in the Shadows more, which is what made the original so damned creepy.

AndyUK
10-31-2008, 07:25 PM
Do we get a third crack at the whip, so to speak? Ie we have the excellent original, and the more recent Rob Zombies, also excellent in my opinion. However, they were both less than perfect on the face of it, and in retrospect?.... too many mistakes? You can get all the directors/producers in the world, and make the film a thousand times over, but it will never be right. However, get the fans involved. If you could mix and match the best bits of both films and add input from the fans, and get a few selected fans to direct/produce it with help from the experts, then you would have the most perfect 'Hallowe'en' film.

Khan
10-31-2008, 07:36 PM
The fans are a very small group and can't be trusted to make something the general audience would enjoy.

There isn't one single vision of what they would want a movie to be and often times, it would only please some people.

And are you saying that the original classic is deeply flawed?

The novel also isn't the reference point for the official events of the series and is more like merchandising.

AndyUK
10-31-2008, 07:58 PM
No, not deeply flawed. Just saying that any thinking person sits there thinking 'Well that can't be right?'.... how did he/she manage to do that etc? Clear explanations need to be forthcoming to help a movie flow. One of my questions all these years on, and still i have no answer to is how did Michael Myers suddenly know how to drive a car from Smith's Grove to Haddonfield? And apparently both some considerable miles apart from each other? I remember my first driving lesson.... didn't have a clue?!, and over here in the UK we tend to drive manual gearbox; but having said that, i have driven automatics, and in fact own one, but even then if it's the first time you have driven one, it is equally confusing, yet alone driving one solo for a hundred miles or so to get to Haddonfield. Also, he would have needed to top up on petrol (gas) *where did he get the money to pay for it?* Loomis said 'Someone must have been giving him lessons.'

Michael Myers must have been in a top security psychiatric hospital. I work in a high security psychiatric hospital. We don't give patients driving lessons.

Khan
10-31-2008, 08:03 PM
And the driving thing makes it not an all time classic and important film?

Get past that and enjoy it for the great film that it is.

It is a visualization of Film 101.

The remake pales compared to it and doesn't have a place in history.

AndyUK
10-31-2008, 08:10 PM
Also that station wagon was very clearly marked. Had it been stolen (as in Michael Myer's case), would it not have been easily recognised and drawn attention to itself?

Annie states a specific time for picking Laurie up..... It should have been dark at that stated time?.... yet it was still broad daylight?

Hallowe'en is in Autumn.... even in the UK trees colour up.... those trees were still green?

I've never been to the States on Hallowe'en, but lived near American airbases until they closed down, but each house and yard was decorated. In Hallowe'en 1... what happened????..... Didn't see any houses decorated up for Hallowe'en??

I could go on. Great film, but none the less flawed. Sorry.

Don't get me wrong. I did and do enjoy the first Hallowe'en film.

Khan
10-31-2008, 08:16 PM
Nitpicking at the original classic like that is pointless.

Sure it isn't perfect, but you are taking the enjoyment out of it by letting rather trivial details get in the way of the many great things about it.

AndyUK
10-31-2008, 08:32 PM
You seem to be missing the point of what i was saying. I was not 'nit-picking' at all.

However, pleased to have made your aquaintance, and having a moot point and debate on this :)

Best regards
Andy

AndyUK
10-31-2008, 08:34 PM
Tell the truth though, have you not 'nit-picked?' Can you honestly sit there and say i wouldn't have done it any other way?

I don't believe you.

AndyUK
10-31-2008, 09:04 PM
However, if i were to do a re-make it would be in the UK. I drive round my local neighbourhoods and see many houses and setting which would make perfect Myers/Strodes/Wallaces houses etc.... and the English Autumn would be a perfect setting/back-drop for the film. Then i would employ English actors and actressess. I would closely follow the original, but also the Curtis Richard's Hallowe'en book, but then also the clever ideas Rob Zombie had. I'd mix them all up, leave no doubt in the thinking person's mind ie 'how was that possible etc' because i would have given a plausible answer within the film.

The film would be as flawless as possible, but more importantly, creepy. Cinema goers would be on the edge of their seats, failing that hiding behind whatever was at hand :)

GrimOctober
11-02-2008, 07:45 PM
I would have used a steady cam...

In addition, I would have saturated the movie in fall foilage. I would have never of dedicated half the movie to little Mikey Myers. I would have included longer, drawn out chase scenes. I would of had opening credits that were similar to, but not a copy of the original's. There would have been trick or treaters everywhere. Nudity would be present but not nearly as much as the remake had. Same goes for blood. Michael would have stalked/lurked much much more. No hill jacks would have been allowed on set.

S.O.L.A
11-10-2008, 12:26 PM
I would have shown that he had a great family and a great life instead of the bad one in Rob's. It just seems scarier when there isn't a reason.

HELLO-MIKEY
12-21-2008, 08:09 AM
i would make it a combination of Rzh and the original, i would try to make it look and feel like the original but expand it with RZH type of backstory,but in a way that michael will still be a mystery.

mistersandman68
12-21-2008, 09:41 AM
i would make it a combination of Rzh and the original, i would try to make it look and feel like the original but expand it with RZH type of backstory,but in a way that michael will still be a mystery.

Same here,less graphic profanity,no rat killings,no rape scene & a little less gore but definately same style cinematography & soundtrack!(minus love hurts,IMO just didn't fit:nodsmile:))

The Devil's Reject
12-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Same here,less graphic profanity,no rat killings,no rape scene & a little less gore but definately same style cinematography & soundtrack!(minus love hurts,IMO just didn't fit:nodsmile:))

So you would pretty much take everything that makes this a Rob Zombie film out?

Danny Strode
12-21-2008, 10:11 AM

With the exception of Michael being a mystery (because we know that didn't happen), wouldn't it be the same as what it was?

mistersandman68
12-21-2008, 03:12 PM
So you would pretty much take everything that makes this a Rob Zombie film out?

:lol:Yeah guess I would,kind of would defeat the purpose of calling it a Rob Zombie film?:oops:

HELLO-MIKEY
12-21-2008, 05:56 PM
With the exception of Michael being a mystery (because we know that didn't happen), wouldn't it be the same as what it was?

well not really here are the differences on how i would do it:

1:in RZH young michael is a rock kid who lives in a dysfunctional family who likes to kill cats,rats and other animals etc.

HOW I WOULD DO IT : i would make michael a normal but quiet kid who has a nice family and isnt bullied in school and has no signs of being a psychopath,
only that on halloween night he dresses up as a clown and maybe goes out trick or threading with some other kids and realizes he forgot his mask so he goes back home and than you could almost go into the opening of The original with him watching through the window,killing judith etc.

2:young micheal in RZH IS very very up front as a character talks alot swears etc.

HOW I WOULD DO IT: is shoot michael as is he is allready the shape,i would nog shoot his face close up ,i would shoot him either in the distance ,over his shoulder,or kinda out of focus.

3: in RZH all the sanatorium stuff just doesnt fit well as something in a halloween movie michael room is waay to colorful also his making masks is a bit rediclous.

HOW I WOULD DO IT: i would just build on the stuff what loomis said in the original "i watched him for 15 year sitting in a room starring at a wall"",but that would be boring so i would maybe have him some sort of outburst a couple of times ,like in rzh with the nurse,but only let the outburst happen against loomis while nobody is around to see it,and also not have it be screaming but very controlled attacks like out of almost not moving for months grabbing loomis by the throat or something, this would also make you understand why loomis knows that michael is very dangerous while other people think he is a vegetable.

there are many more things like this that i could think of but to many to write , but what i would do is also try to explane things that where not explaned in the original halloween like how does he know to drive,how does he get the mask etc.

Danny Strode
12-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Oh, I see. I understood it that what you said was supposed to be different from what we have, but I hadn't seen it.

BankytheHack
12-23-2008, 07:37 AM
-No white trash childhood. If you ask me it's too easy giving Michael a horrible past. Having Michael come from a typical middle-class home, and then spending some time with that family, would have made his killing spree much more tragic.

-I would've cut down the amount of time spent on Michael's childhood as well. 15 to 20 minutes would probably have been a proper amount.

-Flesh out the character of Dr. Loomis. I absolutely hated Zombie's version of Loomis. He came off as a strip-mall doctor instead of Michael's nemesis. I certainly wouldn't try to copy what Donald Pleasence did, but the Loomis character definitely need more drive.

-More time spent with Laurie. I really don't understand Zombie's fascination with identifying with the monster more than people. How do you expect the audience to be in fear for Laurie if they've hardly spent any time with her?

Moron86
12-23-2008, 02:21 PM
I don't think I would have done things much differently than Rob Zombie did in terms of story structure. I would just play up Deborah and her plight with her ultimate breakdown. I feel like we could have seen her as a struggling single mother who loses everything and still feel the same for her. In fact, if she could have kept her family more together, it would have been even more horrifying if Michael just snapped with no explanation.

I like the idea of seeing where Michael came from and how viciously he freaked out. Having both Deborah and Loomis play prominently in the hospital scenes was great to show how Michael was completely gone and had no hope for rehabilitation. I would have humanized Loomis more as well, to maybe show his obsession with Michael cost him his family and set it against Deborah losing hers. I'd possibly have a heart to heart moment between Deborah and Loomis where she urges him to hold on to his life and then her suicide would be a catalyst for Loomis to get away from Michael before he drove himself to the same place. He would only come back onto the scene when Michael broke free from the hospital and we get into the "remake" portion with Laurie.

The overarching theme would be that you can't escape your situation in life. You can have the sister of a killer placed into another home or tuck the killer away in a hospital, but you can never contain the sheer power of evil like Michael. This would culminate with an ending like the original where the unstoppable killer escapes after impossible circumstances.

blacksymbiote
12-26-2008, 11:04 PM
I would remake 3 instead of 1 and focus on the events leading to Laurie faking her death and giving birth to Jamie or John whichever I felt like following.

Col. Howdy
12-28-2008, 12:17 AM
If I had the opportunity to do a remake of the original "Halloween", I would have followed the structure of that film.

The time period would remain the same, as I believe this concept works the best in that era. The 1960s and 1970s are well-defined, and it offers a gritty environment quite suitable for a "Halloween" film.

My remake would focus on transitions. While there would be no backstory for the antagonist, the audience will see Michael's transition from a child of a proverbial suburban family to The Shape. The characters of Dr. Loomis, Laurie Strode and Sheriff Brackett would evolve by reacting to this transformation accordingly.

My remake's outline would follow Carpenter's outline, with the following notable exceptions:

Although shot for the TV cut, I would include scenes involving Loomis and Michael at Smith's Grove. My version would occur at the eight-year anniversary of Michael's incarceration, to work with the Loomis' memorable speech given at the Myers House. It would be during this event where we see Loomis begin his transition from a functional psychiatrist to a modern-day Van Helsing.

Shortly after Michael's escape from Smith's Grove, I would include scenes where Loomis purchases a gun. This would be done dramatically, as Loomis fully grasps his fate and understands what he must do. Michael's escape and the purchase of the gun would complete Loomis' transition. This would not be a comical interlude, as presented in RZH.

Sheriff Brackett would be fleshed out. The concepts presented in the original "Halloween" novelization could be used as a plot device for Brackett to transition from a cynical, unbelieving LEO to one who comes to realize that there really is pure evil lurking in Haddonfield.

The ending of my remake would be done differently, but it would have the same impact as Carpenter's original. I really like how Carpenter presents Michael at the end of his film, and I'd show this same impression from a different perspective.

Generally, I would follow Carpenter's version closely, with adjustments here and there to flesh out the story without sacrificing its original appeal. Casting of the film would reflect the nature of the characters. The only notable casting I would do is this: Chris Cooper as Dr. Loomis.

ILoveChiaPetsXD
01-12-2009, 10:55 AM
The only thing I had a problem with was the hair. Everyone in the remake had longer hair, all the boyfriends, little Michael and big Mike. Take out all that extra hair and u got one hell of a movie.

Yeah, because long hair made the film less than "one hell of a movie".
:crazy:

Anway:
-I'd keep young Michael in, but only for 20-25 minutes tops, and make him a normal kid coming from a normal family. Then have him kill Judith.
-I'd take out most of the Smith's Grove bullshit, except for Michael escaping, and possibly having Michael being put into Smith's Grove.
-I'd take most of the cursing out.
-I'd probably have Loomis NOT know that Laurie was his sister until a sequel was made.
-Not sure whether I'd cast Malcolm McDowell as Loomis. I'd rather have Gary Oldman.
-I'd make Michael around 6'3 or something.
-I'd request the person that was doing the music make it sound entirely different from the old series. No classic theme, no nothing.

Rich
02-05-2009, 12:06 PM
I wouldn't have done it the same way Rob did. I would have made a more scene for scene remake. I would have started with the murder of his sister. I would have done the sanitarium stuff the way Rob did. Then I would have had more scenes from the original in it: the scene where Michael is behind the bush and the scene where he is in Laurie's yard. I would not have had him run. I would not have had his mother a stripper.

I would have not portrayed him as just a psychopath from a broken home, but mystified him into a larger then life "boogey man."

Obviously Rob Zombie and I are two different people with different life experiences and ideas. Rob told the story he saw fit. I would have told it differently.

Deviancy
03-20-2009, 01:45 AM
I'd stick with the original timeline..

I'd stick with the blue collar wholesome family when it comes to the Myers..

I'd drop the foul language, at least during the 60's segment..

I'd stick with spooky chills rather than gratitious gore...

I'd beg Megan Fox to play Laurie. She may not be the best actress, but she is better then who Zombie is using to play Laurie, and Megan would sell more tickets..

I'd go with Oldman as Loomis..

I'd stick to the original pretty much, just add in a few extra kills and maybe spice up dialog between the girls, make it a bit more realistic..

Oooo and Mila Kunis as Annie.. I already know she looks good in 70's outfits.. and she has the personality...

MacG
03-23-2009, 07:04 PM
No white trash

carol
03-23-2009, 07:12 PM
Instead of a remake, I would have done it where it completely feature Michael's point of view from the first movie. It would have been the same movie with clips from the first movie, but with added extra featuring Michael during his trips around Haddonfield. Sort of like how you watch a cartoon centered on a plot, then that same episode is made but featured in some one else's point of view.

Boogeyman707
03-25-2009, 07:57 PM
I would have added an extra 30 or so mins to it for more background for Laurie and others. I would have used a scene from the RZ cut of where Loomis survives in it too

Michael Voorhees
03-29-2009, 09:25 PM
I loved Zombie's movie, but there's still so much I'd have done differently.

For starters, I'd have spent a little less time on Michael's upbringing, but still would've told an origin story. I would've had him come from a really, really good household, and still have him end up going into psycho mode and killing people, which makes him seem even more unpredictable and crazy in that he's killing, even though he's got a nice group of people around him.

When Michael becomes older, I think that like Zombie, I'd have wanted a huge guy in the role to give Michael that much more of an intimidating presence and to make him like this hulk or mammoth of a guy. The one thing I could've seen myself doing is playing more into the whole Michael is "supernatural" thing. By this I mean that I'd likely have shown him taking in more damage and coming back for more, and would've given him more strength feats, which would be more along the lines of putting him up against more people like Ken Foree...people that are his size, and are just as bulky as him, if not bigger.

I'd probably have also made Michael more creative in the way he kills people. His signature weapon is the knife, and I would've kept that, but would've also shown him using other weapons, just to give him a little bit of variety, so to speak.

For Laurie I'd have done her just about the same as Zombie, because he's right when he says that making her like the Jamie Lee Curtis version would make her seem Amish or too nerdy. That was cool back then, but now that'd be a little too overboard and make her seem too morale or something. I would keep her smart and all like Curtis' version, but give her more spirit and what have you.

GingerAngel
04-05-2009, 09:37 AM
That's easy!
I wouldn't have shown Michael as a child, his family and stuff..I mean that was that scary and mysterious thing about Mikey: we didn't really know who he was!
And now we do and that really sucks to me.
Also I would have chosen another Mask...Rob's mask is supposed to look dirty,old and really f***** up.
Well..it doesn't...it just looks designed.that white, emotionless mask makes mikey a lot scarier in my opinion.
I would also have chosen another guy to play Michael.
Of course Michael has to be a strong and tall guy...but come on, pleeease...NO WRESTLER.
Horror movies aren't supposed to be too realistic. But this is sooo fake that it almost hurts.
Rob also used too much blood...the other parts of the series were bloody, too...of course..but this was soo vulgar and senseless!
The whole movie just sucked.
Just my opinion.

Peace :fu:

Michael Voorhees
04-06-2009, 05:11 AM
See, where you fail at is that Tyler Mane isn't a wrestler anymore, he USED to be a wrestler. There was nothing wrong with him being cast, because he put the most into the character's mannerisms and did a good job using his eyes and no lines at all. Say what you will about the film in general, but his Michael is the BEST to date.

GingerAngel
04-06-2009, 05:39 AM
He may not be a wrestler any more, but he still looks like one.
I mean when did Michael have the time to work out :bigeyes:
None of the guys who had ever played the shape looked like that..and some of them were huge, but in a scary way.
RZ's Myers is just ridiculous.
We used to get scared because the mask was so emotionless, about Michael's way to walk, about the fact that nobody can escape.
Not really about his size.
Of course that's one important thing but it's not everything.

Michael Voorhees
04-06-2009, 09:33 PM
So what? Sure, he's not a small guy in stature, but neither is Jason. Jason doesn't have the time to work out, yet he's always portrayed by huge men. It doesn't matter, it's a b.s. nitpick, and shows you're nitpicking for the sake of it.

Samhain1989
04-07-2009, 05:41 AM
I would have defintley had a backstory but in a much diffrent way. I would have the Myers be a normal family. They all get along great BUT Michaels mother gets a little worried about her son sometimes as he can let ou this "bad side". I would have kept the Mother alive and kept in her suicide scene.

I would also have made Loomis resemble the original Loomis and not cast malcom mcdowell in the role and would have toned Laurie down to a shy girl of modern times (RZs Laurie was good but way to hyper and resembled her friends alot).

I would also NOT HAVE ROCK/GRUNGE style music and would have removed the rock music pictures everywhere as it is not mainstream. By making the family murder happen quick it would give time to focus more on the Loomis and Michaels time together.

P.S. Michael would be of average size as that would be much more scary.

Michael Voorhees
04-07-2009, 12:05 PM
The average height is 5'9-5'11. How is that scary at all? I'm 15 and about 5'9 or 5'10, so I don't see how that size is scary.

GingerAngel
04-09-2009, 03:30 AM
That's what I said, the size isn't too important.

Michael isn't Jason. You can't really compare them.

Michael Voorhees
04-09-2009, 04:39 PM
I understand they are very different, but my point is that it's not a big deal if they make Michael a tad larger than he's usually been. The important thing is the actor getting the characterization down and doing a good job, in which Mane did a GREAT job.

GingerAngel
04-10-2009, 12:29 PM
I dunno, he looked evry different to me..but maybe it's also because of the long hair.
Maybe it's just me, I like the original movies so much that I just don't wanna see something that's so new O.ô

Stebob1984
10-12-2013, 02:54 PM
If I had to do a reboot origin and all, I think I'd have

- had the family be normal, nothing to make Michael evil, I'd just have him be a quiet boy who wasn't like the other kids at school
- Michael's father buys him the clown costume for a Halloween but he wants the other mask (the classic), his Mum ends up buying him it as a surprise
- had him kill his family but Judith survives and it's her he comes back to get later but now she has a daughter Laurie and is married to a Strode
- had Smiths groves scenes with Loomis and Michael, Michael never speaks though
- Michael escaping Smiths Grove would be done very suspenseful and during a storm, probably a power outage too
- Michael returns to Haddonfield, to find his Sister Judith but first he returns to the house to get the mask he left
- the town is having a huge party to commentate Halloween but Judith won't go bad she won't let Laurie go either
- Laurie beds up babysitting for a friend, her other friend Annie whose father Sheriff Bracket has been grounded but she plots with her friend Lynda to meet up with their boyfriends
- Loomis comes to town Looking for Myers, he goes to see the Sheriff who along with him goes to see Judith
- Michael kills Judith and discovers he has a niece Laurie, he then sets out to find Laurie
- Loomis and Brackett go to the party thinking Judith may be there but she isn't they then go to the house a d find it empty but it looks in disarray so they Brackett goes to the party to see if Judith is there. Loomis thinks she's already dead so he sets out to find Laurie when he sees a picture of her.
- Michael kills Annie, Lynda and co, he then sets his sights on Laurie who had gone to check on Annie when she heard her scream as Laurie lives in the house opposite the one where she is babysitting
- Michael stalks Laurie who is saved by Loomis, Michael keeps on after them to Loomis takes the to the party to get the Sheriff
- the finale ends with the party been evacuated, at the party location with Loomis out cold, Brackett hurt and Michael gunning for Laurie

Not quite show how I'd have stopped Michael but that's my remake idea in a nut shell. Personally I would rather a stand alone than a remake though.

FTL
10-12-2013, 03:47 PM
I would have left out the family angle -- completely.
I would have left out Zombie's bullying and animal killing.
Keep it simple, like the original -- but new kills, suspenseful scenes, maybe new characters, maybe some action set pieces.

MichaelMyers85
10-12-2013, 05:53 PM
I did not think there was much wrong with the remake, H2 I would have made some tweaks.

First the remake
I would have cleaned up the foul language, perhaps added more meat to Michael in school, the whole build up to Michael killing was done right, now his kills when he returns to haddenfield I would have been allot more creative, overall not much wrong with the remake

H2
I would have tweaked the plot, leave the mother and young Michael completely out of the picture in present time, use them during more flashbacks.
Have Loomis being Loomis, Michael's nemesis. Why not instead of Loomis selling the book through the media, he would use the media to say Michael is still alive, I wanted more of the crime fighting duo of Loomis and Bracket, we never got enough of it in the remake.
Give Annie a hell of allot more to do, even have her working with her dad and Loomis to track down Michael. Or in general Annie works for her dad in the office, instead of a recluse.
I would have loved to have seen this film styled like Halloween 2 and 4, where the town is in chaos through in the return of Michael Myers shadow looming over Haddenfield

Michael Voorhees
10-13-2013, 01:10 PM
At this point I can't think of how I'd do a remake because I wouldn't. I'd be much more interested in creating my own story rather than re-telling one that was already told perfectly.

Stebob1984
10-13-2013, 01:18 PM
At this point I can't think of how I'd do a remake because I wouldn't. I'd be much more interested in creating my own story rather than re-telling one that was already told perfectly.

I think that's his most feel to be honest, I think we need a stand alone Halloween film

Mortimur Grimm
10-13-2013, 11:54 PM
I would have left out the family angle -- completely.
I would have left out Zombie's bullying and animal killing.
Keep it simple, like the original -- but new kills, suspenseful scenes, maybe new characters, maybe some action set pieces.

Exactly that.

ten31
10-14-2013, 12:00 AM
If I had to do a reboot origin and all, I think I'd have

- had the family be normal, nothing to make Michael evil, I'd just have him be a quiet boy who wasn't like the other kids at school
- Michael's father buys him the clown costume for a Halloween but he wants the other mask (the classic), his Mum ends up buying him it as a surprise
- had him kill his family but Judith survives and it's her he comes back to get later but now she has a daughter Laurie and is married to a Strode
- had Smiths groves scenes with Loomis and Michael, Michael never speaks though
- Michael escaping Smiths Grove would be done very suspenseful and during a storm, probably a power outage too
- Michael returns to Haddonfield, to find his Sister Judith but first he returns to the house to get the mask he left
- the town is having a huge party to commentate Halloween but Judith won't go bad she won't let Laurie go either
- Laurie beds up babysitting for a friend, her other friend Annie whose father Sheriff Bracket has been grounded but she plots with her friend Lynda to meet up with their boyfriends
- Loomis comes to town Looking for Myers, he goes to see the Sheriff who along with him goes to see Judith
- Michael kills Judith and discovers he has a niece Laurie, he then sets out to find Laurie
- Loomis and Brackett go to the party thinking Judith may be there but she isn't they then go to the house a d find it empty but it looks in disarray so they Brackett goes to the party to see if Judith is there. Loomis thinks she's already dead so he sets out to find Laurie when he sees a picture of her.
- Michael kills Annie, Lynda and co, he then sets his sights on Laurie who had gone to check on Annie when she heard her scream as Laurie lives in the house opposite the one where she is babysitting
- Michael stalks Laurie who is saved by Loomis, Michael keeps on after them to Loomis takes the to the party to get the Sheriff
- the finale ends with the party been evacuated, at the party location with Loomis out cold, Brackett hurt and Michael gunning for Laurie

Not quite show how I'd have stopped Michael but that's my remake idea in a nut shell. Personally I would rather a stand alone than a remake though.

I actually like your idea of Judith not dying and we catch up with her years later as a mother. I liked a couple years ago when someone made a short called Judith that was a prequel of sorts to Halloween.

Stebob1984
10-14-2013, 08:37 AM
I actually like your idea of Judith not dying and we catch up with her years later as a mother. I liked a couple years ago when someone made a short called Judith that was a prequel of sorts to Halloween.

I don't think I've seen that what was it about exactly?

Thanks, I've actually been thinking about it all night and I've expanded upon it. Remember thus us the film as a remake, not necessarily what I want from a new Halloween film.

- the family be fairly normal, nothing to make Michael evil, I'd just have him be a quiet boy who just wasn't like the other kids at school
- Michael's father buys him the clown costume for a Halloween but he wants the other mask (the classic) but his Dad says no, so his Mum ends up buying him it as a surprise
- later Michael's mother gives him the mask hoping it would make Michael smile but it doesn't he just takes it, to which his father isn't happy he tells Michael to say thank you to his mother but Michael just runs off,
- Michael listens as his father talks to his mother saying that they may need to put him in therapy and his friend Sam Loomis found help
- Michael has a hidden storage compartment under his floor boards where he keeps things he likes, just random things i.e. An old watch plus a few other things and the mask his mother bought for him
- Later Sam comes to the house in which he meets Michael for the first time but Michael will not speak
- Sam talks to the parents saying he's seen distant kids before but something about Michael feels more troubled and they will need them to bring Michael to Smiths Grove, again Michael is listening
- Michael's sister Judith appears in the opening, she seems to adore Michael as Michael is only normal around her, Judith often sits and talks to Michael about her life, it's only hear he ever smiles, Judith says to Michael that she knows he will talk again when he is ready too
- later however she becomes more distant with him and it's because she is pregnant, not Michael's fault but she's so frightened she doesn't talk about stuff anymore with Michael
- later Michael just seems to snap, he wears his clown costume and murders his parents with a butcher knife, Judith discovers Michael who has dragged the bodies outside and piled them up, she talks him down into dropping the knife, she goes inside and calls the police but as she calls Michael stabs her in the arm, she screams and runs away, Michael goes after her and stabs her again this time in the shoulder, as he's about to deliver the final blow he appears to change his mind after Judith begs.
- Judith manages to crawls out the door into the street and Michael walks out after with her now ready to pounce, but the police arrive just in time, flashlights on Michael, he looks up and drops the knife
- Judith says to to the young cop Lee Brackett that Michael killed her parents, Michael is then cuffed by the police and he looks at Judith from the car with dead eyes as if to say not yet but someday I will kill you
Then 20 years later
- its Judith that Michael comes back to get later but now she has a daughter Laurie and is married to a Strode
- Michael escapes Smiths Grove its very suspenseful and during a storm, the power goes out and this unlocks the inmates cells, Michael steps out and walks around, he kills a cleaner and takes his boiler suit, he then escapes using the cleaners keys to get to the main exit, there is one security man there who assumes it's the cleaner, he just lets him out the main door and Michael walks into the night, as the power comes on the security man sees a trail of blood, probably left from the boiler suit and shoes and immediately calls the police
- Michael returns to Haddonfield, to find his Sister Judith but first he returns to the house to get the mask he left, in the house living their is a single woman, crazy looking, oldish but not really old, Michael sneaks in and gets his mask. He then proceeds to kill the old lady
- it's here we first meet Laurie whose at the fancy dress shop picking up something when she bumps into this guy Jimmy who tells her he's a paramedic, he asks Laurie if she's going to the party later, she says she is babysitting for a friend, he looks bummed out, so she says she could try and get there for 11, Jimmy says that's great cause he gets off work at 10.30
- the party the town is having is the annual Halloween party held at the nearby school to commentate Halloween but Judith won't go and she won't let Laurie go either
- Laurie and her friends are at a diner, Laurie wants to be able to go to the party later to meet Jimmy but her Mum won't let her, her friends don't seem as concerned as they want to hook up with their boyfriends, Annie said she got herself grounded on purpose just so she can meet Paul, knowing Daddy will be working and wouldn't stop by to check on her
- we go back to Smiths grove where Loomis is having it out with the people who work there, they say it's not their fault and the power outage malfunctioned their locking systems. The people there don't seems as concerned with Michael as they say several patients got out their cells and hurt not only other inmates but staff aswell. Loomis says he is on his own in searching for Michael then and storms off
- Laurie ends up babysitting for a friend, her other friend Annie (whose father Sheriff Bracket has grounded her) but she plots with her friend Lynda to meet up with their boyfriends
- Michael kills Judith and discovers he has a niece Laurie, he then sets out to find her
- Loomis and Brackett go to the party thinking Judith may be there but she isn't they then go to the house and find it empty but it looks in disarray so Brackett goes to the party to see if Judith is there. Loomis thinks she's already dead so he sets out to find Laurie when he sees a picture of her.
- Michael kills Annie, Lynda and co, he then sets his sights on Laurie who had gone to check on Annie when she heard her scream as Laurie lives in the house opposite the one where she is babysitting, it's hear she finds her friends dead but not as in the original, the bodies have been piled up in the garden as Michael had done with his parents
- Michael stalks Laurie who is saved by Loomis, Michael keeps on after them to Loomis takes them to the party to get the Sheriff
- With the party been evacuated, Loomis and Laurie meet with Brackett, Michael enters and knocks Brackett out cold, Loomis is also knocked down looking worse for wear but not out cold or dead as Michael would have liked, but he doesn't have time for them he just wants Laurie, so he goes after her
- Laurie escapes through a window and runs off to the cemetery over the road, she hides behind graves and stumbles upon the old Myers crypt that's dilapidated
- in their she discovers the body of her Mother, Michael enters the crypt ready to kill Laurie, he throws her into the wall and it shakes, looking as if the whole structure could collapse any second
- Michael is about to stab Laurie with the knife when Loomis enters and shoots Michael
- Loomis tackles Michael and tells Laurie to get out, she's reluctant in tears but the structure is collapsing
- Michael pushes Loomis to the ground, Laurie exits. Michael turns around ready to follow, Loomis yells "it's time to go home Michael and kicks as hard as he can against the wood support keeping the crypt up, the whole thing collapses onto Loomis and Michael, crushing them seemingly to death.
- we then cut to later and the paramedics are on the scene as Laurie looks on in tears, a young paramedic who Laurie met briefly earlier in the film named Jimmy comforts Laurie by putting his jacket round her and apologising for not making it to the party (we know why he didn't make it with all the dead bodies he's had to cart around), they enter the ambulance as Sheriff Brackett pulls out Michael's mask, which appears to have been taken off. He looks concerned and angry as the screen fades to black.

ten31
10-14-2013, 05:29 PM
You should check out the short Judith. It was shot at the replica Myers House a couple years back.

Stebob1984
10-14-2013, 11:11 PM
You should check out the short Judith. It was shot at the replica Myers House a couple years back.

I definitely will, can you get it on YouTube?

ten31
10-15-2013, 07:32 PM
I definitely will, can you get it on YouTube?

yup. It was up there last year.

Devon Graham Jr
06-11-2014, 07:29 PM
My remake would have focused more or less on reconciling some of the original's shortcomings.

As it stands, Michael is a supernatural force for most of the film, even before surviving the gunshots.
His handling of the tombstone demonstrate super-human ability. I am more interested in him as being a normal human being that has simply gone mad in his mind - but he is not super-human.

And the timing of the hardware store break-in would be worked out logically.

Some of the dialogue in the original could use some adjustment as well. Debra Hill's writing leaves much to be desired.

And being a bit more careful to create more of a realistic autumn setting wouldn't hurt.

GhostGoblin
06-11-2014, 08:35 PM
I don't agree Michael was supernatural throughout the film. I really don't. The final act is only when he begins to show some of those elements - beforehand, he's just a madman on the loose.

There are some faults in the film if you analyse it... although I would prefer they remain a mystery. It is called "Halloween".

Maybe I'm being contradictory but I think that as the film unravels, weirder things happen. As day turns to night, and Halloween night of all nights, things then take a drastic change.

It would be hard to change anything about Halloween. It's the best horror movie I have ever seen. You just can't improve perfection.
And Halloween, with all it's faults, is the most perfect thing I have ever seen!
If that makes sense :)

A Dumb Question
06-12-2014, 06:32 AM
I would have made it into a PG-13 thriller with lame jump scares and an uninspired musical score.

Khan
06-12-2014, 07:17 AM
The answer is simple. It would be a found footage musical in 3D and would be rated PG-13 like the person above suggested. Michael might not appear in the movie as well.

ALDO
06-13-2014, 09:22 AM
A movie with loud, booming HOLY SHIT I'M DEAF jump scares with no suspense is how you make a scary movie. That's why HalloweeN and The Exorcist aren't scary. Not enough jump scares turned up to 11. John Carpenter and William Friedkin really had no clue.

Oh and 3-D. Gotta be in 3-D too.

TheShape'78
06-13-2014, 12:29 PM
What would I have done?...........a romantic comedy.

-mitch-

GhostGoblin
06-14-2014, 07:20 PM
I would have made it into a PG-13 thriller with lame jump scares and an uninspired musical score.

Which is what some people think the original movie is when they see it for the first time.