PDA

View Full Version : Vote: Spike's Scream 2008

hall0weendream
09-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Halloween is up for two awards this year and we are the lucky voters. Whether you vote for Halloween or not, here are the two links to vote (Best Remake and Best Director).

Best Remake
http://www.spike.com/event/scream/page/vote/category/28701

Best Director
http://www.spike.com/event/scream/page/vote/category/28940

Flash Over
09-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks for letting us know
voted!

Khan
09-11-2008, 02:30 PM
I voted, but most of my votes went to The Dark Knight.

There is no way that Zombie will get more votes then Nolan.

DeanCorso
09-11-2008, 03:36 PM
To me its doesnt deserved any awards.

The best horror movie should be a no constest with "The Strangers" being the best but i have to say "The Mist" is not far behind.

Danny Strode
09-11-2008, 03:37 PM
I voted, but most of my votes went to The Dark Knight.

There is no way that Zombie will get more votes then Nolan.

Same here.

Khan
09-11-2008, 04:03 PM
TDK is critically acclaimed and fresh in the minds of people, while the remake was not as well received and is nothing more then a distant memory to most people.

Torgo
09-11-2008, 05:18 PM
I went ahead and voted for it for best remake. Couldn't vote for Zombie over Chris Nolan tho. Even tho I think Zombie did a fine job.

Khan
09-11-2008, 06:03 PM
The Incredible Hulk isn't a remake anyways.

theshape09
09-19-2008, 04:33 AM
i voted both for halloween i mean let's face it the movie was awesome

Danny Strode
09-19-2008, 02:38 PM
No, it wasn't.

MM2DYLAN
09-19-2008, 02:38 PM
It has its moments, but I wouldn't classify it as awesome.

DeanCorso
09-19-2008, 05:05 PM

no lets not because that movie was far from being awesome.

Khan
09-19-2008, 06:11 PM

No, it was far from awesome.

SlasherBoi
09-27-2008, 03:00 PM
I voted and here is what I voted for...

Best Remake: Prom Night
Best Director: The Dark Knight

I voted for Prom Night in BEST REMAKE because out of the list P.N. and R.Z.H. were the only two I seen and I thought Prom Night was a hell of alot better than RZH. As for Best Director the same goes for that catagory as well..LOL So RZ lost out with my votes

duhderrick
10-11-2008, 01:43 PM
just voted :)

Kara Strode
10-11-2008, 02:20 PM
oy boy...poor nominees :( Like any of them stand a chance against TDK :( I voted anyway :)

MyersFan927
10-11-2008, 03:52 PM
For remakes, I voted for Halloween. I considered casting other votes but didn't feel like it at the moment. Maybe later.

I heard Funny Games and Prom Night sucked, btw. It's possible that Halloween actually was the best remake.

Kara Strode
10-11-2008, 03:58 PM
IMO, Funny Games DID suck

MyersFan927
10-11-2008, 04:01 PM
IMO, Funny Games DID suck

See the original?

Kara Strode
10-11-2008, 04:04 PM
See the original?

Not yet :( My seeing it was accidental. I thought I removed it from netflix...until it came in the mail one day...haha

DeanCorso
10-11-2008, 05:51 PM
I see they didnt bother to put Halloween in the best horror film category...geez i wonder why, anyhow it wouldnt stand of chance against "The Strangers".

Khan
10-11-2008, 06:03 PM
I voted and here is what I voted for...

Best Remake: Prom Night
Best Director: The Dark Knight

I voted for Prom Night in BEST REMAKE because out of the list P.N. and R.Z.H. were the only two I seen and I thought Prom Night was a hell of alot better than RZH. As for Best Director the same goes for that catagory as well..LOL So RZ lost out with my votes

I don't usually defend Zombieween, but Prom Night was PG-13!

At least they worked within the proper rating, even if what we got was not all that great.

PG-13 and slasher don't mix, and many people would agree with me.

A vote for Prom Night is a request for more PG-13 slashers.

TheShape'78
10-11-2008, 06:18 PM
certain films need to be rated R simply because of their nature, and slashers are those kinds of films.

-mitch-

The Dark Knight
10-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Wow, the Joker and Two-Face on Best Villain. But Two-Face is a stretch, since he was only a villain for a short time in the film. And 3 lines from TDK, from the Joker. Must not have been that many other nominees. And if you're going to pick 3 lines from the movie, can you make them diverse? Shit. Give us "Batman has no limits" or They'll hate you for it, but that's the point of Batman." How is "I will now make this pencil disappear" a great line? Great moment, ok line.

Grim Reaper
10-15-2008, 11:30 AM
I do not have to vote because i have 2 words for you all DARK KNIGHT AWESOME MOVIE

DeanCorso
10-15-2008, 12:17 PM
I do not have to vote because i have 2 words for you all DARK KNIGHT AWESOME MOVIE

but The Dark Knight is not in the Horror category.

Torgo
10-15-2008, 12:20 PM

That's 4 words, chief.

Grim Reaper
10-15-2008, 12:23 PM
but The Dark Knight is not in the Horror category.

I know that movie is not horror but its fantasy

DeanCorso
10-15-2008, 12:40 PM
I know that movie is not horror but its fantasy

What i ment to say theres other categories to vote for which The Dark Knight is not in...like Best Horror.

The Frightmaster
10-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Thanks for posting. TDk got a lot of votes from me. :)

scarymoviechap
10-16-2008, 08:35 AM
I voted Halloween and RZ to represent. Best horror movie - I picked The Ruins. And imo, Prom Night is one of the most atrocious attempts at "horror" I have ever seen. Ha remember when MTV had a best horror villian contest and Michael was up against Jason and we all voted like crazy for him. I think Jason won though...

Khan
10-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Like Zombie even compares to Nolan...

It is like putting Uwe Boll next to Orson Welles.

Man In Black
10-21-2008, 12:18 AM
It won the Best Remake award - awards are on TV tonight.

Roswell
10-21-2008, 09:16 AM
It won the Best Remake award - awards are on TV tonight.

Good to hear. Out of all the remakes on the list, I think it was the most deserving.

EvilOnTwoLegs
10-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Like Zombie even compares to Nolan...

It is like putting Uwe Boll next to Orson Welles.

That's going a BIT far.

The comparison between Nolan and Welles, I would say, is definitely fair. Nolan is the Welles of our generation...and I say that as someone who looks upon Welles as a veritable God of Cinema.

But comparing Zombie to Boll is just a low blow, in my opinion. Look at TDR and tell me that Uwe Boll could make a film like that if his miserable life depended on it. I don't think so. Zombie is certainly no Chris Nolan...but he's no Uwe Boll, either.

Khan
10-24-2008, 07:02 PM
That makes sense.

I just tried to pick two polar opposites.

Nolan won for best director anyways, one of many awards TDK received.

sharkboy
10-24-2008, 07:15 PM
No way a guy who made a couple of friggin' Batman movies could EVER be compared to Wells...gimme a break...yeah they're good movies, but do you REALLY think TDK will be doled as much respect as Citizen Kane? Hardly

EvilOnTwoLegs
10-24-2008, 07:25 PM
No way a guy who made a couple of friggin' Batman movies could EVER be compared to Wells...gimme a break...yeah they're good movies, but do you REALLY think TDK will be doled as much respect as Citizen Kane? Hardly

Um...Nolan has made more than just "a couple of friggin' Batman movies." He's made six feature films...all of which are great, and all of which show a rich cinematic texture, a depth and appreciation for the art of cinema as illusion that Welles would most definitely admire. He may not BE Welles, but he's definitely the closest thing we've got in this generation.

And if you respect Welles half as much as I do, you'll learn to spell his name right. ;)

sharkboy
10-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Oh my god, pick apart the typo then....I'm just saying that BOTH comparisons were wrong, it's an opinion, no biggie

EvilOnTwoLegs
10-24-2008, 07:35 PM
Are you on fuckin' PCP tonight, man, or can you just not take a joke?

Seriously, calm down...normally, you seem to have a sense of humor.

You were kind of presenting your opinion as a fact, yeah? So I was just giving a second opinion. And the spelling thing was just a playful little jab. So let's just chill, all right?

No one on this board loves Welles and his work more than I do. And I'm willing to swear to that on my 3-disc Criterion Collection Mr. Arkadin set. So believe me, no disrespect to Mr. Welles when I say that Mr. Nolan captures the spirit of his work better than any living filmmaker today.

sharkboy
10-24-2008, 07:39 PM
Are you on fuckin' PCP tonight, man, or can you just not take a joke?

Seriously, calm down...normally, you seem to have a sense of humor.

You were kind of presenting your opinion as a fact, yeah? So I was just giving a second opinion. And the spelling thing was just a playful little jab. So let's just chill, all right?

No one on this board loves Welles and his work more than I do. And I'm willing to swear to that on my 3-disc Criterion Collection Mr. Arkadin set. So believe me, no disrespect to Mr. Welles when I say that Mr. Nolan captures the spirit of his work better than any living filmmaker today.

You're right dude...I had to PM you I felt so bad...honestly your opinion is one of the only ones I hold in any regard....just lost my top there, as C3PO might say, "Not entirely stable" lol

EvilOnTwoLegs
10-24-2008, 07:45 PM
It's cool, man...I know you're not usually one to pick fights or fly off the handle or anything. So let's just forget it. :nodsmile: