PDA

View Full Version : Did Anybody Notice Brian Richards?

TheShape2005
09-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Search the Board and RZ forum and didn't find this.

I know it's not really in the theatrical film but it's heard on the DVD and i'm sure you've all seen it. In the bloopers on the HalloweeN DvD There is a reporter trying to get his name out right, yet goofs like three times.

Anyway the reporters name is Brian Richards..

Which I think Zombie gave him that name from the true names of the original films charaters of Tommy Doyle and Lindsay Wallace.

Which their real names were Brain Andrews and Kyle Richards.

Did anyone else notice this and what do you think?

spindrift68
09-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Interesting, I didn't notice that.

BrianG
09-04-2008, 03:30 PM
I never noticed that but I am not surprised by it at all. Several of the Halloween movies used character names from crew members and former cast members in previous films. Good find!

Torgo
09-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Did anyone else notice this and what do you think?

I think you're right.

Danny Strode
09-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Oh, wow. I never picked up on that. How interesting.

I think it should've made the cut, actually. Not that it would've mattered or anything, but I think it would've jumped out a lot more.

Man In Black
09-05-2008, 02:24 AM
Yeah, its pretty cool. There's also a character played by Richard Fancy called Dean Carpenter (as in Cundy & John) who is the Dean of students at the college Loomis speaks at but he too got cut out of the film - he's in a few deleted scenes though.

TheShape2005
09-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Yeah, its pretty cool. There's also a character played by Richard Fancy called Dean Carpenter (as in Cundy & John) who is the Dean of students at the college Loomis speaks at but he too got cut out of the film - he's in a few deleted scenes though.

Nice. I've only really watched the deleted scenes once so I'll have to check that out sometime.

Gerry f'n D
09-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Several of the Halloween movies used character names from crew members and former cast members in previous films. Good find!

This has nothing to do with RZ Halloween but in the original Halloween,i think it's the Tv version.Loomis mentions someone by the name of Bernardi.The production assistant on Halloween was called Barry Bernardi.

cheers

TheShape2005
09-05-2008, 02:12 PM
This has nothing to do with RZ Halloween but in the original Halloween,i think it's the Tv version.Loomis mentions someone by the name of Bernardi.The production assistant on Halloween was called Barry Bernardi.

cheers

haha, yea I remember that. Bernardi was the guy who was meant to watch over him that night.

brianandrews
09-10-2008, 03:56 AM

cheers
unless i am mistaken, it is Barry Bernardi's body that we see in H1 by the tow truck.

from small beginnings to Barry Bernardi at IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0076444/#actor)

Lets see, the name game.

Sam Loomis- Psycho

Tommy Doyle - Rear Window

Leigh Brackett -Screenwriter IMDB Profile (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0102824/)

Michael Myers - British Film distributor of Assault I think.

Marion Chambers- from Marion Crane and Al Chambers- Psycho ? too much of a stretch?

Towelman
09-10-2008, 05:08 AM
unless i am mistaken, it is Barry Bernardi's body that we see in H1 by the tow truck.

That's right, it's mentioned in the DVD commentary. It was his own truck they used in the scene too.

samhain51
09-10-2008, 06:42 AM
Didnt pick up on it good job man!