PDA

View Full Version : Original Dawn of the Dead in 3D!!!

Silverpsycho
09-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Yes folks, I came across this news and was immediately skeptical of this news but it appears to be a definite project for 2009.

Check out a couple of the links I ran into:
http://www.beyondhollywood.com/romeros-dawn-of-the-dead-is-back-in-3d-and-a-sequel/

http://3dcinema.wordpress.com/2008/05/19/dawn-of-the-dead-goes-3-d/

Apparently there are also plans (possibly for 2010) concerning a sequel to the original, not Snyder's, Dawn of the Dead as well. I'm not sure how something like that would turn out because isn't there enough confusion with the sequels and remakes going on. Don't get me wrong, news of a direct sequel to Romero's Dawn has my interest but it just sounds strange as to how they plan on pulling that off.

Anyway, I for one am psyched to possibly have Dawn of the Dead re-released in any form into theatres. The fact it will be in 3D is pretty awesome. :yeah:

If anyone has more news concerning this...please post any links and info. you've been able to gather. Thanks. :D

Muse
09-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Man, if this is happening for real and all that, it better happen over here in the UK too!!! I would KILL to see DOTD on the big screen and if it was in 3D, just wow! I wont get my hopes up though because we often miss out on cool stuff like this over here but yeah, the possibility is cool.

Khan
09-02-2008, 03:46 PM
This is great news!

As for a sequel, this is the rare instance where they might go back after a remake.

Torgo
09-02-2008, 03:54 PM
This is weird but interesting news. It wouldn't even have to be 3-d, just a regular re-release of Dawn on the big screen would be nice, for me. I don't think the scale would be that huge, for some reason. Just a select few theaters, probably.

This direct sequel business is really odd tho. Those "...of the Dead" movies are just all over the place! I don't think anyone will be able to keep track of them after awhile.

Khan
09-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Here are the time lines:

The main one : Night-Dawn-Day-Land

Diary-

Night remake-

Dawn remake-

Day remake-

Silverpsycho
09-02-2008, 05:03 PM
This is weird but interesting news. It wouldn't even have to be 3-d, just a regular re-release of Dawn on the big screen would be nice, for me. I don't think the scale would be that huge, for some reason. Just a select few theaters, probably.

This direct sequel business is really odd tho. Those "...of the Dead" movies are just all over the place! I don't think anyone will be able to keep track of them after awhile.
Yeah agreed. I'd be psyched for just a simple restored theatrical re-release, but I'm a nut for 3D so I'll take it. I'm going to assume this won't be released worldwide and may not even be in a theatre all that close to me. If I need to travel a little ways to catch it on the big screen, I am most certainly making an effort. I will keep my fingers crossed that this turns out to be a bigger thing than what I'm predicting though. I mean sheesh...it's flippin' Dawn of the Dead!!! :bow:

Also, the more I think about a direct sequel to the original...the more weird I get about it, especially since Dawn is the sequel to Night. I'm quite happy in believing Peter and Fran made it to some other location safely with new found friends and enough materials to survive. I don't really need their lives further explained so even though I find a sequel somewhat intriguing...it's most definitely unnecessary.

Twisted Sister
09-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Wow, I hope that comes to fruition - very cool :)...I couldn't find much else other than what you have, but hopefully we'll hear soon - usually www.upcominghorrormovies.com has the latest. (One of my favorite sites).

JamieLloydFan
09-03-2008, 10:40 AM
This sounds very promising. DOTD on the big screen in 3d would be fantastic.

This is great news!

As for a sequel, this is the rare instance where they might go back after a remake.

You may be right about the sequel.

Rich
09-03-2008, 11:11 AM
I can not wait to see some of those effects in 3-D. Creature Corner has the scene where the guy shoots the head off and it splatters. I can not wait to see stuff like that in 3-D. Some of those effects are still impressive to this day. Another great effects is when the machette gets stuck into the zombie's head by none other then Tom Savini himself.

zombie commando
09-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Strange news. I feel like the zombie well is kind of dry at the moment. Maybe 2009 will usher in some creativity. All of these new zombie flicks seem very gimmicky.

Twisted Sister
09-04-2008, 08:29 AM
I put in the dvd last night, you're right Rich, that splattering head scene will be something to experience in 3D, lol.

HTrooper
09-06-2008, 05:10 AM
Would be nice to see it up on the big screen...our luck it would be selected theaters.

A sequel to the original DOTD? Wasn't that Day? Don't get me wrong, but it is speculated that the 2 crashed (not saying I am on that wagon, but there is one) due to an audio clip after the song for the end credits-this is the sound of a crash...?
Would be interesting to see where it would go, but we have a story after Dawn.

Romero is working out the kinks to the Diary sequel as we speak-think production started up in Canada already.

Snyder was talking about another zombie film about a group of mercenaries sent into an infected area after a big guys daughter.

Anyone remember this?

Silverpsycho
11-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Just bumping this thread back up to see if anyone has heard anything regarding the Dawn 3D release? I'm curious about the direct sequel as well but that sounds more iffy to me than the 3D news.

Links, news...anything would be most appreciated. This is something I really would love to see happen, as I'm sure most of you would agree.

Count_Sarge
11-14-2008, 04:55 AM
I heard its coming out 2009. Well yeah thats all i have heard. I don't got nothing else.:dunno:

I don't like this direct sequel talk though. One of the best things about Dawn was not knowing the fates of Peter and Fran. Also whats this talk of a Night sequel? I think its called Escape of the Living Dead or something.....John Russo is behind it the same guy who gaves the 30th annivesary...YAY!:godno:

I mean...NO! NOOOOOOOOOO!:argh:

Torgo
11-14-2008, 08:43 AM
I heard its coming out 2009. Well yeah thats all i have heard. I don't got nothing else.:dunno:

I don't like this direct sequel talk though. One of the best things about Dawn was not knowing the fates of Peter and Fran. Also whats this talk of a Night sequel? I think its called Escape of the Living Dead or something.....John Russo is behind it the same guy who gaves the 30th annivesary...YAY!:godno:

I mean...NO! NOOOOOOOOOO!:argh:

Isn't Children of the Living Dead supposed to be a direct sequel to NOTLD? And we all know how well THAT went over.

Count_Sarge
11-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Isn't Children of the Living Dead supposed to be a direct sequel to NOTLD? And we all know how well THAT went over.

Remember when the 30th annivesary was a rumor....

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/films/night30/nightse_joke.jpg

Then sadly this unfortunately happened!:bigeyes:

El Rooto
11-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Strange, but cool...I'd like to see that exploding head all 3-D like.

Khan
11-16-2008, 12:37 PM

It is more of an in-name-only sequel.

It happens all the time in European cinema.

Rich
11-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Children of the Living Dead was an un-official sequel to the original Night of the Living Dead. The thing is the original Night is public domain so anyone can make a shit basement 50c zombie film and say, "The Sequel to The Immortal Classic Night of the Living Dead!" Nobody owns the rights, so anyone can ruin it any way they see fit. Isn't public domain wonderful?

Twisted Sister
11-30-2008, 08:24 AM
I have to give Children a break. They tried so hard :). This was what you call amusement, and Savini should stick to small cameos with NO lines :)

I'm glad the 3D craze is touching upon the zombie movies. Dawn is a perfect canidate to start with.

HoozKook
01-06-2009, 08:43 AM
3D would be great, the scene at the begining when that zombie's head is blown off would look fantastic. All the blood flying out of the screen!!