PDA

View Full Version : 1 Yr ago today

halloween666
08-31-2008, 08:54 AM
its 1 yr ago today that I was standing in line to see Rob Zombie's Halloween man what a blast...

Superman
08-31-2008, 08:59 AM
1 year today, the Halloween franchinse went further into the shitter!

halloween666
08-31-2008, 09:01 AM
lol you got that right....

The Dark Knight
08-31-2008, 09:05 AM
I saw it a few days later at about 2:00 P.M. on a school day. Surgery recovering time can be pretty useful sometimes. It was also the first movie my sister saw, but she slept most of the time.

halloween666
08-31-2008, 09:11 AM
lol that sucks.. I must say i did enjoy the theater version of RZH way better than unrated...

Torgo
08-31-2008, 09:16 AM
I saw it opening day. I remember being disappointed.

It wasn't until DVD on a 2nd viewing that I got it, and was able to let the original slip out of my mind completely (well, almost completely, some scenes in the 2nd half are straight outta the original)

Rich
08-31-2008, 09:16 AM
I remember seeing the movie in the theater. I was not very pleased at all with the finnished product. The film since then has grown on me a little as a horror film, but as a Halloween film it still sucks.

The Dark Knight
08-31-2008, 09:17 AM
My favorite part was walking slowly out of the almost empty theater with the theme music playing behind me.

9Teen_AT4
08-31-2008, 09:37 AM

Amen To That !

Torgo
08-31-2008, 09:39 AM
Amen To That !

I'd actually say it's the first Halloween to actually HIT the shitter. The characters and their potty mouths! GOOD GRIEF!

The Devil's Reject
08-31-2008, 09:44 AM
I actually left the theater thinking the Halloween series was back. I mean it really was a scary film which is something HR wasn't so I had high hopes for what might be coming next in the series. But it looks like i'm one of the few. To each his own.

Torgo
08-31-2008, 09:47 AM
I actually left the theater thinking the Halloween series was back. I mean it really was a scary film which is something HR wasn't so I had high hopes for what might be coming next in the series. But it looks like i'm one of the few. To each his own.

I wasn't really surprised by how many people didn't like it, but I was kind of surprised by the VENOM that people spewed toward it. You'd think it was one of the worst movies ever made judging by the initial reaction. It's died down a bit, but there are people that absolutley HATE this movie. I at least thought, walking out, that Zombie made Myers cool again, but people just complained about how much "taller" he was. WHO CARES HOW TALL HE IS?!

Oh well! Like you said, to each his own.

The Devil's Reject
08-31-2008, 09:49 AM
I actually like taller Myers. Tyler Maine was in my opinion the best shape since Dick Warlock.

HEcamehome
08-31-2008, 10:25 AM
Saw it one year ago today as well. Even though its not the best (obviously), it still is the first Halloween film I saw in theatres and the first time I saw Michael Myers on the big screen, so it still means something to me in that sense. It isn't anything special or anything, but its also not as bad some people make it out to be. I enjoyed certain parts but then there were also parts that I didn't like. Can't please everyone.

But kudos to Rob Zombie for re-imagining/ remaking our favourite film of all time, a film that certainly is the pinnacle of horror/slasher/suspense films and literally invented a whole damn genre. And also kudos to him for doing all this knowing that Halloween and the Halloween series has one of the biggest and most loyal fanbases I've ever seen. If I were in Zombie's shoes, I know that I'd be shitting my pantsall the while making this movie. I think it took real balls to remake a movie like this. And he did it as a fan. Halloween and the Halloween series is a monster, and took balls to step up to the plate and and your own flavour to a movie/series as iconic and breakthrough as this one.

Ravenheart
08-31-2008, 10:30 AM
I remember going to see it one year ago today as well.I walked out of the theater so pumped and excited.It was a great experience.

Pandaz
08-31-2008, 10:42 AM
Ah, yes. I remember going out to the midnight showing of Rob Zombie's Halloween. The theater only had about ten people in total. The movie certainly surpassed my expectations, which isn't saying much since I had really low expectations. I wasn't very fond of it, but I was surprised that it was met with such negative reception the following morning. People said it was worse than Resurrection! Anyway, despite my feelings towards the movie, I saw it four times in theaters all by myself because I had free movie passes, strictly for Rob Zombie's Halloween that I got with some of my Halloween DVDs. Yup, I remember being ever so ecstatic that Annie survived too. :D

The Devil's Reject
08-31-2008, 10:45 AM
Ah, yes. I remember going out to the midnight showing of Rob Zombie's Halloween. The theater only had about ten people in total. The movie certainly surpassed my expectations, which isn't saying much since I had really low expectations. I wasn't very fond of it, but I was surprised that it was met with such negative reception the following morning. People said it was worse than Resurrection! Anyway, despite my feelings towards the movie, I saw it four times in theaters all by myself because I had free movie passes, strictly for Rob Zombie's Halloween that I got with some of my Halloween DVDs. Yup, I remember being ever so ecstatic that Annie survived too. :D

You didn't have to see it all four times if you didn't want to Pandaz! :D

Superman
08-31-2008, 10:47 AM
I remember going to see it one year ago today as well.I walked out of the theater so pumped and excited.It was a great experience.

Really? I remember walking out feeling disappointed and thinking why was this shit allowed to be made?

Ravenheart
08-31-2008, 10:52 AM
Really? I remember walking out feeling disappointed and thinking why was this shit allowed to be made?

I loved it after I saw it.I think I've worn out the DVD since that came out because I've watched it so much.

Superman
08-31-2008, 11:10 AM
I loved it after I saw it.I think I've worn out the DVD since that came out because I've watched it so much.

I'm sorry.

Ravenheart
08-31-2008, 11:15 AM
I'm sorry.

I'm not

Danny Strode
08-31-2008, 11:23 AM
I know! I was just thinking about this today.

I can't even remember what time I went to it, but I went on opening weekend (on Saturday), and I can't tell you how much I loved it at the time. I went with my brother, and it scared the crap out of him. :laugh:

SLAB
08-31-2008, 11:29 AM
I had sushi for dinner that night, good times. :p

Laurie2007
08-31-2008, 11:31 AM
I was the first one in the theater for the first showing for this movie

Danny Strode
08-31-2008, 11:37 AM

Yeah, I thought the same thing. And then something just clicked after all the hype died down.

I did see it four times though. And honestly, I don't regret it.

Reobeem
08-31-2008, 12:16 PM
My brother and I saw on the 3rd of September and I remembered we had the same reaction of it being poor. After owning the DVD for the longest time I watched it and while I'm still not a big fan I consider it ok.

Superman
08-31-2008, 12:46 PM
I'm not

You should be. :nodsmile:

DeanCorso
08-31-2008, 01:00 PM
I've erased this bad memory.

I'm glad i didnt pay to go see this in theather.

TheShape2005
09-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Well, one year ago..(yesterday) I really had a great time on this night. It was my birthday..It was my favorite classic horror movie of all time being remade releasing to the public. Been waiting for this night to come since 2002. What more can you ask for? I watched it on opening day at 9:40 at night. I watched with a jam packed theatre with friends and family, and I enjoyed myself. the new angles Rob added to the early life of Michael were nice and wanted because I didn't wanna see Zombie just go out and copy ever last detail from the original. Story seemed rushed, but I loved the return of all the music themes and of course the return of Michael on the bigscreen!:bow:. I thought it had a good 80's "Halloween Season" feel to it. But it was no original..and it wasn't intended to be. NEWS FLASH! NOTHING IN THE FUTURE WILL EVER BE LIKE THE ORIGINAL. Now H4 got really close but yet it was it's own. Not H1. because it just can't. John Carpenter told Rob to make this story his own.. Which John did the same with his version of "THE THING" he had it go in a whole new direction with the same elements from the original 1951 version. Hell he took away the Thing-alien and made it into some kinda infecting germ that can take over other human forms. Rob made Halloween his own by taking the original story, beefing it up for today's crowd, and added newer angles the original didn't go near. If you went in thinking this was gonna be the great return of the original Halloween movie you were wrong. Just take it for what it is or don't watch because it's what the 9th in the series. Not a lot of improvement to be made..and this one made some over Resurrection I can say that much. Everyone has a right to like what they like..and in my book. Sure Rob Zombie's Halloween, more trash talk, More blood effects, more killings...it's not like the Original at all..but it's(WAS) 2007 What are you expecting? Needless to say..I went and seen it 3 more times. :) and if ya don't like that..SUCK IT HARD! hahahaha! :D

Stage 3
09-01-2008, 09:42 AM
i remember i was in cali during the release of the movie and my husband was on the other side of the states. we were suppose to see the movie together but i wanted to see ahead. luckily, i didn't. we just waited until it hit DVD.

Todd
09-01-2008, 05:38 PM
I went at noon.
There were only a few other people there besides me.
The closest to me was a father and his son.
The kid didn't look more than seven.
It's hard to believe that it's been a whole year.
I remember when the news first came out that RZ was doing a remake.
My thought about the movie is that it's not really a remake.
It's Rob Zombies version of Halloween.
It ended up being exactly what I expected.
No, it wasn't great.
It wasn't trash, either.

Patrick1679
09-01-2008, 05:44 PM
I actually like taller Myers. Tyler Maine was in my opinion the best shape since Dick Warlock.

I agree without question.

I remember going to the movie and was excited about it. I enjoyed the movie and really liked it at the time. In fact, I saw it 4 times in the theatre! So I know I like it. But over time the movie started to drop for me. When it came out on dvd I wasn't happy with it. Since then i've watched it once.

Danny Strode
09-01-2008, 08:14 PM
The thing I was must surpised with when I went to saw it was the lack of Halloween knowledge there was among the people that I overheard talking. Now, I'm not one to grumble about people who go to a Halloween movie and not know anything about it - such as them being surprised not to see Jason - but this was just... weird. The only fan I could tell was a guy that was in the row in front of me (he was the only one in the theater wearing a Myers shirt), and even he didn't have his facts straight. Something was said wrong about who was in Halloween 4 and 5. I obviously knew who it was (DANIELLE!), but he didn't. I can't even remember who he thought it was...

Pasabi
09-01-2008, 08:26 PM
I saw this a week or so after it's debut. Whenver 3:10 debuted that was the weekend I saw it. It was sort of how I expected it to be.

JamieLloydFan
09-02-2008, 01:47 AM
Saw the workprint first, soz if thats bad. Liked it better than the other 2 versions.

Ryan
09-02-2008, 03:32 AM
I think I might've gone to the midnight showing...I can't remember actually. I just remember the entire theater being packed and that someone dressed up as Michael. I also remembered hating the movie, but I've warmed up to it over time.

Bearscubsfan87
09-03-2008, 06:19 AM
I went to a Saturday afternoon matinee showing. There were actually people in there who had babies that couldn't hace been more than a few months old.

Patrick1679
09-03-2008, 09:31 AM
I also remember going to the midnight showing and seeing some asshole wearing a Jason mask!

In the famous words of Chaz in "Wedding Crashers," "What an idiot!"

Dr_Loomis02
09-03-2008, 02:02 PM
I agree without question.

I remember going to the movie and was excited about it. I enjoyed the movie and really liked it at the time. In fact, I saw it 4 times in the theatre! So I know I like it. But over time the movie started to drop for me. When it came out on dvd I wasn't happy with it. Since then i've watched it once.

Exact same opinion here!:nodsmile:

I still think the film is quite good but cheapened due to excessive vulgarity and nudity, which are typically things I don't mind, but in a film like this, I thought them misplaced.

EvilOnTwoLegs
10-14-2008, 08:13 AM

Further?

Oh...that's right...you liked H:R.

Pardon me.... :vomit:

Laow-Z
10-14-2008, 08:27 AM
Well now that the 1 Yr ago today is 1 1/2 months later we can close this till the "It was 2 Yrs ago today" time comes around:)

EvilOnTwoLegs
10-14-2008, 09:24 AM
Party-pooper. :p