PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Version?

Myers Insurance
02-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Did a search and found nothing, so what's your guys' favourite version of the movie: workprint, theatrical, or director's cut?

Laurie2007
02-10-2008, 02:20 PM
i have to go with the directors cut but the WP was also good and then probably the theatrical

Kinick
02-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Out of the three, I'd probably go with the Director's Cut although I'm not happy with any... there is definitley a better cut to be found between the three.

The DC feels the most complete, but there is still a lot of the Workprint I like more. The music, extended stalking scenes, ending. But, then there's stuff in there that has been improved upon in the DC that I wish I could have in the Workprint version.

Haha, you see, tis indeed quite the clusterfuck!

Myers Insurance
02-10-2008, 02:50 PM
I agree with that statement. I think if you add the extended death of Morgan and the few other "stalker" moments, the movie would be pretty good.

Danny Strode
02-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Unrated Director's Cut.

duhderrick
08-25-2008, 07:19 AM
Theatrical for me. I hated the DC escape scene ... and some of the extended earlier scenes in Smith's Grove when Michael was still a kid. The line "I-Need-to-get-out-of-here" really made me cringe.

The Devil's Reject
08-25-2008, 07:20 AM
I've said this before but now that's it's gone I guess I'll say it again.

The Unrated Director's Cut is the only way to go for my money.

Pandaz
08-25-2008, 09:43 AM
The theatrical cut. The rape scene in the unrated director's cut just kills it for me.

Zeeboe
08-25-2008, 10:57 AM
I've seen all three and the theatrical version is my favorite because I feel that the other two make Michael Myers into a more sympathetic character whereas the theatrical one makes him pure evil in my view.

The Dark Knight
08-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Isn't the WP the same as the DC?

MM2DYLAN
08-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Isn't the WP the same as the DC?

It has some differences.

spindrift68
08-25-2008, 01:49 PM
I liked the workprint the best, minus the rape escape.

tabby
08-25-2008, 01:55 PM
The theatrical cut. The rape scene in the unrated director's cut just kills it for me.

ditto, it tears me up to pieces and makes me sick to my stomach.

duhderrick
08-25-2008, 05:49 PM
ditto, it tears me up to pieces and makes me sick to my stomach.

i just thought that whole sequence was too over the top and lame.

Danny Strode
08-25-2008, 06:41 PM
Not only did I find the rape scene completely unneccessary, but I thought it made Michael out to be a hero instead of a villian. To me, it appeared that he was saving the poor girl versus a legitimate way to escape - and up the death count. I think that's what bugs me the most about the Unrated version.

The Devil's Reject
08-26-2008, 08:20 AM
Unrated Director's Cut.

Not only did I find the rape scene completely unneccessary, but I thought it made Michael out to be a hero instead of a villian. To me, it appeared that he was saving the poor girl versus a legitimate way to escape - and up the death count. I think that's what bugs me the most about the Unrated version.

Hmm... I see something Wierd about these post. You sure you don't want to change your mind about which cut you like more. perv. :D

MM2DYLAN
08-26-2008, 08:20 AM
Theatrical. I could do without the rape scene, thank you very much.

The Devil's Reject
08-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Theatrical. I could do without the rape scene, thank you very much.

What a good clean opinion I wish more people would think that way. RFP I'm looking at you!

Franchise
08-26-2008, 08:24 AM
You're all pansies. I love the unrated version. They ought to just go ahead and put all the cuts together with seamless branching so I can decide which scene I want to see there. Sort of like those books you fucked with as kids. If you want to go to the dungeon, see page 36. If it sounds like you should turn around, go to page 42 and be a pansy.

MM2DYLAN
08-26-2008, 08:27 AM
I would've liked it if they kept the line, "Then I have nothing left to say."

The Devil's Reject
08-26-2008, 08:28 AM
You're all pansies. I love the unrated version. They ought to just go ahead and put all the cuts together with seamless branching so I can decide which scene I want to see there. Sort of like those books you fucked with as kids. If you want to go to the dungeon, see page 36. If it sounds like you should turn around, go to page 42 and be a pansy.

haha Agreed. I said I like the Unrated Version too. That was just me messing with some of our other members.

MM2DYLAN
08-26-2008, 08:31 AM
I do ike the Unrated Version, but the rape scene just makes me cringe.

The Devil's Reject
08-26-2008, 08:32 AM
I do ike the Unrated Version, but the rape scene just makes me cringe.

Seeing that poor girl like that was a bit neverous for me too.

MM2DYLAN
08-26-2008, 08:33 AM
See, I had only seen the theatrical version at that point, and seeing that made me just say "What. The. Fuck."

The Devil's Reject
08-26-2008, 08:35 AM
See, I had only seen the theatrical version at that point, and seeing that made me just say "What. The. Fuck."

My absolute favorite though was the workprint but it's not available so I settle for the Unrated Version.

QuietRobert
08-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Unrated director's cut.

Danny Strode
08-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Hmm... I see something Wierd about these post. You sure you don't want to change your mind about which cut you like more. perv. :D

Damn... why couldn't you stay gone? ;)

What a good clean opinion I wish more people would think that way. RFP I'm looking at you!

Then look the other way. :fu:

:roflmao:

That's a good way of looking at it!

halo thirty one
08-26-2008, 02:35 PM
I like the escape from the theatrical version but I also like the director's cut ending, so it's like Kinick said; there's a complete movie in there somewhere.

mmyers78
08-26-2008, 02:47 PM
I voted for the theatrical version, mainly because I didn't like the Director Cut's escape scene, I found it unneccessary.

Todd
08-26-2008, 04:10 PM
I voted for the theatrical version, mainly because I didn't like the Director Cut's escape scene, I found it unneccessary.
I hear ya.
It was dumb, for one thing.
There were cameras in the hallway because after Michaels escape we see Loomis watching a tape of him walking down it. Did those two dipshit attendants not know that they were being filmed as they were molesting that girl and then dragging her into Michaels room? The worse thing about it is that it made Michaels escape seem random and not at all related to it being near Halloween. He couldn't have planned it because there is no way he could have known those assholes were going to come into his room to rape that woman. So then him escaping near the anniversary of his boyhood rampage becomes a mere coincidence.

dxh8r4life
08-26-2008, 04:19 PM

i dont think hero really, i mean he's probably glad that they came in and did all that, because he did eventually escape, without that scene in that version of the movie he would still be sitting there probably. soooo i think this scene was good in the fact that it got him to escape.

Danny Strode
08-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Did those two dipshit attendants not know that they were being filmed as they were molesting that girl and then dragging her into Michaels room?

Well, one was drunk, and I'm sure the other one was too dumb to realize what a camera was.

i dont think hero really, i mean he's probably glad that they came in and did all that, because he did eventually escape, without that scene in that version of the movie he would still be sitting there probably. soooo i think this scene was good in the fact that it got him to escape.

And it's to each their own. Maybe I'm too harsh on the film, only because I compare it to Halloween so badly - when I know I shouldn't.

SlasherBoi
08-27-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm gonna have to say the Director's Cut!

The Devil's Reject
08-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Damn... why couldn't you stay gone? ;)

What? Make you miss out on all this fun? I wouldn't dream of it. ;)

Danny Strode
08-27-2008, 01:14 PM
What? Make you miss out on all this fun? I wouldn't dream of it. ;)

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Pandaz
08-29-2008, 11:37 PM
You're all pansies.
Yeah, love you too. :D

Anyhow, it's not just the rape scene. Most of the additional footage is in the prequel portion of the movie, as if the pace isn't already inconsistent enough thanks to the extensive first half. I felt as though the additional footage didn't add anything to the movie, and ultimately, it was just unnecessary. Perhaps it's why the added scenes didn't make it into the version released in theaters!

jbyrd123
08-30-2008, 04:49 AM
I picked the Theatrical version, but I think a combination of the Wp and Tv would have been better since there were parts about each that I liked and dis-liked.

Danny Strode
08-30-2008, 07:56 AM
After seeing the Unrated version, with the exception of the rape scene, I really don't find it that Unrated at all. I think Rob just slapped some scenes in and didn't care where to put them, and threw it out there at us. If anything, more should've been added to the second half of the film.

JOeKER
09-05-2008, 06:27 AM
I prefer the theatrical due to the escape scene. I much prefer the guards being murdered over the rape scene.

I love the "Loomis ending" in the workprint, but the final chase scene through the house between Michael and Laurie isn't included so I feel as if the workprint had a rushed ending.

Laurie2007
09-05-2008, 08:16 AM
i prefer the escape in the theatrical but i do like some things in the other two versions as well

sound_asleep7
09-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Bought the unrated directors cut... just seemed longer to me. Sort of like the theatrical version better.

aust10n
09-21-2008, 05:38 PM
I can't wait for the reprint coming on Blu Ray.

Torgo
09-21-2008, 06:43 PM
I think Rob just slapped some scenes in and didn't care where to put them, and threw it out there at us. If anything, more should've been added to the second half of the film.

I don't think so. And I'm almost certain the 2nd portion seems longer in the DC, like he added more stuff with the kids.

Danny Strode
09-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Sure, he added more. But it didn't add anything to the story. I mean seriously, who cared about how Laurie made Tommy's sandwich or Tommy's hatred for peanut butter? :dunno:

Torgo
09-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Sure, he added more. But it didn't add anything to the story. I mean seriously, who cared about how Laurie made Tommy's sandwich or Tommy's hatred for peanut butter? :dunno:

It made it seemed a little less rushed. I think adding the useless Halloween night related festivities helped it seem more like a Halloween night.

MyersVictim
09-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Director's Cut

theoutfieldguy
09-26-2008, 10:23 PM

I agree.It was unnecessary.Why was it in there?Another Rob Zombie shock value scene?Unnecessary as the need for a remake itself.

zane1974
09-27-2008, 03:48 PM
I went with the unrated directors cut.

sharkboy
09-27-2008, 04:18 PM
The theatrical...I love the escape scene without the rape....seeing him escape from custody was kickass!!

Resurrection
10-04-2008, 05:05 AM
Theatrical all the way...the uncut sucks.

Rich
10-19-2008, 07:59 AM
I own the Blockbuster exclusive unrated widescreen edition. I suppose that version is as good as any. I have just watched this film for the third time last night, and last night I warmed up to it more. For some reason, I don't see it as a scary movie, but as a very sad one. See even as an adult I still felt so bad for Michael (because seeing what he went through as a kid) knowing he never had a fair chance to be a human being. He was created by his atmosphere. That is Rob Zombie's take on the character. It just makes you feel bad.

CritterKoas
10-19-2008, 08:09 AM
i like the DC, but I love the workprint...but i voted DC cause it has better picture :D

myers kid57
10-29-2008, 01:00 PM
yeah. i would have to with the director's cut.

nousefouraname
11-01-2008, 08:38 AM
I say theatrical. absolutely hated the rape scene.

If only the transfer on the theatrical wasn't so horrible, I'd be able to watch it more. Instead, I have to watch the uncut because the theatrical dvd looks so bad.

The Frightmaster
11-01-2008, 09:36 AM
I voted for the theatrical verison because the rape scene in the D-Cut is just too much, it just killed the movie for me. And I haven't seen the workprint version, so I can't comment on that.

GrimOctober
11-02-2008, 04:12 PM
I chose Theatrical Cut. Whenever I think of the Director's Cut, the rape scene is what comes to mind. I hate to say it, but rape seems to be the new "hip" thing to put in Horror movies. Not to mention that, because this is a RZ movie, the rapists had to be long haired red necks. The less of them, the better.

DistantJ
11-07-2008, 02:11 AM
I haven't seen the Theatrical, but I say the Unrated version, because I've read about the stuff removed for the Theatrical release and I think I prefer to have it in there.

A few things I'd have taken out, like when Mikey is drowning the janitor "I was good to you Mikey!", it seems to just go on forever with these really awkward shots of his face in the water, but otherwise I think this is the best version.

I think the final ending is by far the best, establishing Laurie as a strong heroine character like in the original film, rather than having her end up as a quivering wreck and Dr. Loomis as the square jawed hero saving the day. The final ending brought back one of the biggest and best things about slasher movies - strong female leads who don't need a man to come and save them.

deathbystereo
12-17-2008, 11:28 PM
i can't vote as i only own the 3 disc edition, i saw the theatrical version, but i can't remember it. and as for the work print!!! didnt know it existed. so its not really fair to cast my vote.......yet

DoomsdayFAN
12-17-2008, 11:33 PM
Theatrical. The rape scene didnt bother me. Big fucking deal. The only thing I thought was wrong with it was that it seemed way unrealistic. "Oh yeah, we're going to happen to take the girl into Michael's room..." how convenient. Totally unrealistic.

I thought the escape scene in the theatrical version was a lot more realistic. And the Theatrical showed LESS of Michael which was BETTER!

theshape09
12-18-2008, 06:24 AM
theatrical version cz i liked the scene where he kills all the guards with all the shooting (shotgun) and everything

Danny Strode
12-18-2008, 12:00 PM
theatrical version cz i liked the scene where he kills all the guards with all the shooting (shotgun) and everything

Same here, and I perfer that one too. I would've kept it.

Five by Five
04-16-2009, 07:30 PM
I didnt like the workprint, I liked some scenes in the Unrated but hate that rape scene, but overall the theatrical version.

Lord Thurisaz
04-22-2009, 02:42 AM
I liked both the rated and unrated versions, but I do believe the Rated version has more deaths [Whodathunkit?!] and a more feasible escape. So, Rated for me, despite the fact I watch both about as often.

OmegaRex
04-22-2009, 05:39 AM
Theatrical. I don’t like the escape from either version, but most of the problems with this film (for me) had to do with the structure. The structure, although still somewhat clunky, is a bit more streamlined in the theatrical.

MichaelFox
04-22-2009, 09:56 AM
the director's cut was good!

Nightmareman88
04-22-2009, 10:00 AM
My favourite is a fanedited version I've seen... that doesn't have little Mikey talking at all.

Lord Thurisaz
04-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Hm, that fanedit sounds interesting with young Michael not talking at all. I think I'd prefer the Theatrical escape in the Director's cut, and that would be my favorite version.

DanielleRocks
04-22-2009, 03:04 PM
I prefer the director's cut for a few reasons. The big one is the picture. Those bars across the screen bother the fuck out of me. I didn't notice them until I read that it had them. Then I noticed them. The rape scene didn't bother me that much. The escape in the theatrical bothered me due to the point of Michael being moved in the middle of the night for some unknown reason. I liked the added dialogue with the kids, it made the second half seem more realistic. I was just mad that they didn't readd Danielle's "Yes, I di-id." That wouldv'e been good for me.

mr32
04-22-2009, 11:56 PM
Well i'm going with the T-Cut. I have the D-Cut, but plan on getting rid of it for the T-Cut. I felt that some of the extended scenes in the W-Print should've been left in looking the stalking scene and Bob's demise in the van.

I mean i understand Rob was paying homeage to JC, but damn we have the ghost sheet in there that's homeage enough. We didnt need the same Bob death. And i'm sorry the Second half of the film felt rushed.

Halloweenfan80
04-23-2009, 06:37 AM
Theatrical and Unrated Director's Cut

mlf200811
04-25-2009, 01:03 PM
unrated

TheShape'78
04-25-2009, 01:07 PM
The Workprint.

-mitch-

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-25-2009, 01:26 PM
I liked some aspects of the Workprint that I wish had been left in, but overall, I'd have to say I prefer the T-Cut over the others. Which is rare for me.

Dr_Loomis02
04-25-2009, 01:33 PM
I liked some aspects of the Workprint that I wish had been left in, but overall, I'd have to say I prefer the T-Cut over the others. Which is rare for me.

Someone else actually likes the theatrical more, amazing!!! And that is a rare one for you Jimbo.
I cannot stand the rape scene, and for that reason alone the theatrical version will always be better IMO. Plus, with where they seem to be heading with the sequel, the whole breaking out of the chains thing seems a bit more in line with that (I know that's one of the scenes most scrutinized in the TC).

Yep, the TC is definitely my "favourite."

Danny Strode
04-25-2009, 03:04 PM
I liked some aspects of the Workprint that I wish had been left in.

Same here. I especially enjoy the opening a lot better.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Someone else actually likes the theatrical more, amazing!!! And that is a rare one for you Jimbo.
I cannot stand the rape scene, and for that reason alone the theatrical version will always be better IMO. Plus, with where they seem to be heading with the sequel, the whole breaking out of the chains thing seems a bit more in line with that (I know that's one of the scenes most scrutinized in the TC).

Yep, the TC is definitely my "favourite."

Yeah, I'm generally a "Director's Cut" kind of guy, but I think that the stuff Zombie added back in for the D-Cut was unnecessary and fucked with the flow even more than the T-Cut, which already had pacing problems.

As far as the escape scenes go, I definitely prefer the T-Cut...but even more than that, bit of dialogue in the D-Cut just bug me. Danielle's unnecessary "Yes, I di-id" was just annoying for annoying's sake, and the big one, when Udo says how far it is to Haddonfield from Smith's Grove. Another instance of trying to jam H1 dialogue into a film where it doesn't belong. No fuckin' way Myers walked over 100 miles overnight. haha In the T-Cut, this line is dropped, and it's certainly for the better.

So overall, this is a rare instance where I feel that the theatrical cut is actually superior to the Director's Cut.

Nemesis1835
04-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Urated cause the ending is way better..... Laurie Goes physco and shoots michael in the face

mr32
04-25-2009, 07:07 PM
Its the same ending in the T-Cut

HalloweenFanNY
04-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Can you guys tell me what the difference is in all of them? I have the 2 disc special edition DVD. Are there some differences in all of them? The unrated and directors cut?

mr32
04-25-2009, 07:43 PM
The unrated is the directors cut. You probably have the 2 disc special edition directors cut.

Pandaz
04-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Both the unrated director's cut and the theatrical cut have two discs.

And the differences between the movies themselves? Well, the most obvious one is the escape scene. In the director's cut, Michael Myers escapes when two Smith's Grove employees attempt to taunt him by raping another patient in his room. It's an extremely lame, and random act, which is partially why I prefer the theatrical cut. Also, there's additional footage during the prequel portion that shows Dr. Loomis as he analyzes Michael throughout his tenure at Smith's Grove, plus some scenes that are just barely extended (i.e., the scene in the bathroom at the school that has the principal saying, "Fuck me?" in response to Daeg's, "I said fuck you.")

I prefer the theatrical cut because of the lame escape scene in the unrated director's cut, which makes Michael seem like a vigilante for killing the two Smith's Grove employees for their unscrupulous deed of raping the patient, while sparing said patient. Also, the additional footage during the prequel portion does nothing for me, except make the movie feel even more inconsistently paced because it extends the prequel portion. Some other minor tidbits also make Michael seem sympathetic and justified in his killing, like when the Smith's Grove nurse says, "Cute baby...couldn't be related to you."

HalloweenFanNY
04-25-2009, 07:57 PM
But whats the difference? Are there special features in them?

Pandaz
04-25-2009, 08:00 PM
But whats the difference? Are there special features in them?
Yes. The special features are the same for both versions.

HalloweenFanNY
04-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Thanks. Yea i have the theatrical version, and the bonus footage showing the alternate ending with the police shooting Myers at the end. I would like to see that extra footage in the Directors cut just because i have not seen it, but a rape scene? I do not know why they need that in it.

HalloweenFanNY
04-25-2009, 08:07 PM
So basically, it isnt worth buying the Directors cut, it just is the same as the version i have except for the rape scene in that one?

Pandaz
04-25-2009, 08:10 PM
So basically, it isnt worth buying the Directors cut, it just is the same as the version i have except for the rape scene in that one?
With the exception of the rape scene, additional footage of Loomis analyzing Michael's mentality in the prequel portion, and some extended tidbits, yes, both versions are pretty much the same. The special features are all the same as well.

HalloweenFanNY
04-25-2009, 08:11 PM
With the exception of the rape scene, additional footage of Loomis analyzing Michael's mentality in the prequel portion, and some extended tidbits, yes, both versions are pretty much the same. The special features are all the same as well.

Alright, good. Thanks. Just wondering since there were a few different versions and i didnt know if they had different scenes in any of them or whatever.

HalloweenFanNY
04-25-2009, 08:13 PM
So they totally got rid of the scene of him killing the guards in the hallway instead, and instead having the scene where he escaped by the two guards trying to rape that girl in the room? Or do they have both versions on the DVD, where you can see both scenes.

Pandaz
04-25-2009, 08:15 PM
So they totally got rid of the scene of him killing the guards in the hallway instead, and instead having the scene where he escaped by the two guards trying to rape that girl in the room? Or do they have both versions on the DVD, where you can see both scenes.
The scene with Michael being transferred and killing the guards, leading to his eventual escape is completely eliminated in the director's cut in favor of the uber lame rape escape.

HalloweenFanNY
04-25-2009, 08:21 PM
The scene with Michael being transferred and killing the guards, leading to his eventual escape is completely eliminated in the director's cut in favor of the uber lame rape escape.

I see. There is no point in my buying that version then since all the bonus features are the same, but i def. wanna see that scene somehow.

Peaker1990
04-25-2009, 08:36 PM
I like the T-Cut, but only for one reason.

I absolutely HATE the "TRICK OR TREAT" title card 2/3 into the movie. I prefer the seamless "FADE" transition that the theatrical cut has from Loomis & Chester to Bob & Lynda, and I didn't like how Rob spoiled the whole moment by showing immediately that Michael was watching them.

P.S.: The "A" in "Treat" is not bold for one reason... it's like that in the movie. Not only an annoying title card, but a distraction, since the letter "A" is skinnier than all the rest.

HalloweenFanNY
04-25-2009, 08:45 PM
interesting.

Danny Strode
04-26-2009, 06:31 AM
I like the T-Cut, but only for one reason.

I absolutely HATE the "TRICK OR TREAT" title card 2/3 into the movie. I prefer the seamless "FADE" transition that the theatrical cut has from Loomis & Chester to Bob & Lynda, and I didn't like how Rob spoiled the whole moment by showing immediately that Michael was watching them.

P.S.: The "A" in "Treat" is not bold for one reason... it's like that in the movie. Not only an annoying title card, but a distraction, since the letter "A" is skinnier than all the rest.

Very interesting. I haven't caught it, but I never paid attention either.

Five by Five
05-09-2009, 01:08 PM
To telll you the truth, I never understood the purpose for having the title card in there at all. Not that im against having the idea of title cards within the movie, but it would have seemed so much more natural had there been more than one.

Danny Strode
05-10-2009, 08:44 AM
To telll you the truth, I never understood the purpose for having the title card in there at all. Not that im against having the idea of title cards within the movie, but it would have seemed so much more natural had there been more than one.

I didn't really understand it either, but I wasn't overly pissed off about it. To me, it was almost like a nod to the Theatrical version when the guard said, "Trick or treat, baby!".

SasorRegateme
05-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Unrated director's cut.

Todd
05-10-2009, 03:55 PM
I'll go with the theatrical version for the simple reason that I hated the rape escape.

Lord Thurisaz
05-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Rape Escape should be a grindcore song...

And Cop Bop Breakout for the other escape. Awesome song titles. :D

Five by Five
05-10-2009, 05:33 PM
I HATE the rape scene, simply because I fell a rape scene has to place in a Halloween film.

GAMER456
05-10-2009, 05:58 PM
I like the DC, but I wish it had the workprint Music. The WP had by far the best chase scene tracks, especially when Michael first chases Laurie from the Wallace house

mr32
05-10-2009, 08:04 PM
I like the DC, but I wish it had the workprint Music. The WP had by far the best chase scene tracks, especially when Michael first chases Laurie from the Wallace house

Plus you see him, unlike in the DC and TC.

Art_of_Horror
05-12-2009, 07:42 PM
I don't remember how the theatrical went. All I remember is the alternate breakout scene. So, I'd say the Directors Cut.

Michael Voorhees
08-02-2011, 08:41 PM
I'd say I prefer the director's cut aside from the pointless rape scene. The T-Cut version of Michael's escape should've just been left into that cut.

blacksymbiote
08-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Agreed. The way it's done in the unrated cut, Michael's escape just happens to be on Halloween rather than him planning it on Halloween.

the 'M' clam
08-10-2011, 12:49 AM
I like both of versions.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-10-2011, 03:28 AM
Agreed. The way it's done in the unrated cut, Michael's escape just happens to be on Halloween rather than him planning it on Halloween.

Well, it's kind of that way in both cuts. It wasn't Michael's idea to be transferred on October 30th in the T-Cut.

A Dumb Question
08-10-2011, 08:05 AM
It was the Thorn cult's idea, of course. As it always is.

blacksymbiote
08-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Well Laurie knew he wasn't gonna come back just because of some holiday right?

the 'M' clam
08-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Well Laurie knew he wasn't gonna come back just because of some holiday right?

Right.

Michael Voorhees
08-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Well, it's kind of that way in both cuts. It wasn't Michael's idea to be transferred on October 30th in the T-Cut.

Very true, but I'm sure we can all agree that a break out during a transfer was far, far superior to him escaping simply because of two rednecks who wanted to be dumbasses.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-11-2011, 07:18 PM
They both seem contrived, but the rape scene is more out-of-the-blue and less believable. By which I don't mean to say that orderlies raping a patient in an asylum isn't believable...it's happened to people I know. What I mean is that, dumb as these characters are, I just can't see their rationale for raping a girl in the maximum security cell of a 7' mass murderer.

Either escape scene has its flaws, but I do prefer the theatrical escape. Everything else aside, Bill Moseley is in it. And I love me some Bill Moseley.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/jamesoblivion/EOTLBill.jpg

MichaelJrdnMyrs
08-13-2011, 02:29 PM
They both seem contrived, but the rape scene is more out-of-the-blue and less believable. By which I don't mean to say that orderlies raping a patient in an asylum isn't believable...it's happened to people I know. What I mean is that, dumb as these characters are, I just can't see their rationale for raping a girl in the maximum security cell of a 7' mass murderer.]

Certainly not the most horrendous idea two drunken idiots have conjured up. After all, MM hadn't been violent for almost two decades.

Nice pic.

Dead By Dawn
08-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Overall I like the director's cut more but I prefer the theatrical cut's escape scene. It's always nice to see Leslie Easterbrook and Bill Moseley in something. I've never been a fan of the Director's Cut escape scene. I would expect to see something like that in a film like The Devil's Rejects, not a Halloween. Yeah, it's nice to surprise audiences with things that are pretty much foreign to the series until that point, but the rape scene just felt really out of place.

Anyway, chances are that everything that there is to say about both escape sequences has already been said so I'll just leave it at that.

erik027
04-12-2012, 10:02 PM
I kind of ONLY love the workprint version, too bad I don't have it any more (can you help?). I haven't seen the theatrical cut but once I saw the Unrated directors cut I was dissapointed at the changes they made. The music and sound effects used in the workprint mainly did it for me. I also liked the rape scene, and the ending in the workprint. It was perfect. I remember showing it to one of my friends that actually saw it in theaters (he really liked it) so when he seen the scenes in the workprint he was like "what the I never seen this" I'm like really? That was the first time I knew of changes of the movie. I thought that if people would of seen the movie in the theators with the directors original vision (WorkPrint) they would of accepted it. But some people still didn't like it but oh well I f'n loved it the way it was in the WP. Perfect or good enough for me. I could see why they hated the movie when it was released because I have no interest in the revisions after seeing the Unrated cut but that's just me. They destroyed the suspense feel I guess because of there choice of music and score compared to the original cut. I also wasn't a fan of hearing Daegs' grunt as he was killing somebody. These things here weren't needed, they worked fine as they were in the WP.

CJ7
04-22-2012, 01:06 PM
The theatrical cause Michael's escape scene is much better.

ukfootball1979
08-20-2012, 05:34 AM
I haven;t seen the WP. Where can i?

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-20-2012, 06:27 AM
Where to find alternate, bootleg versions of the films is something we're not allowed to discuss on an official board.

ukfootball1979
08-20-2012, 09:08 AM
My bad..I was unaware that it was bootleg.

Franchise
08-20-2012, 09:31 AM
They both seem contrived, but the rape scene is more out-of-the-blue and less believable. By which I don't mean to say that orderlies raping a patient in an asylum isn't believable...it's happened to people I know. What I mean is that, dumb as these characters are, I just can't see their rationale for raping a girl in the maximum security cell of a 7' mass murderer.

Either escape scene has its flaws, but I do prefer the theatrical escape. Everything else aside, Bill Moseley is in it. And I love me some Bill Moseley.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/jamesoblivion/EOTLBill.jpg (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/jamesoblivion/EOTLBill.jpg)

I took that damn pic!

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-20-2012, 08:24 PM
With Moseley mocking you the whole time. haha

Stebob1984
10-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Theatrical for me, it's much tighter bad I think it works better for it.

My main reasons for not liking the other two are the scene where the nurse insults Michael's sister (I thought it was better that he just attached her) and the disgusting rape escape. Not to mention there's abit less to the pre-remake portion of the film in the theatrical.

Michael Voorhees
11-06-2013, 11:28 AM
I still agree about the rape scene, but overall I still take the director's cut because of the fact that it's longer. Normally I'm bitching about how movies can be shorter but I like the extra scenes, probably because they aren't completely unnecessary. Well, excluding the rape scene, of course. I get that it's unfortunately a frequent occurrence in actual mental institutions but it doesn't fit at all here. I'll always prefer the T-Cut where Michael plays it off as being docile and then goes bat shit insane and destroys all of the guards.

Plus, Leslie Easterbrook looked pretty damn nice in that uniform. ;)

Stebob1984
11-06-2013, 11:51 AM
I still agree about the rape scene, but overall I still take the director's cut because of the fact that it's longer. Normally I'm bitching about how movies can be shorter but I like the extra scenes, probably because they aren't completely unnecessary. Well, excluding the rape scene, of course. I get that it's unfortunately a frequent occurrence in actual mental institutions but it doesn't fit at all here. I'll always prefer the T-Cut where Michael plays it off as being docile and then goes bat shit insane and destroys all of the guards.

Plus, Leslie Easterbrook looked pretty damn nice in that uniform. ;)

See I don't know why but i just felt the theatrical cut ran smoother, I thought it was tighter.

That Terminator-esque escape was one of those cool as fuck moments. I just loved it, was so thrilled to finally see it when I obtained the theatrical cut as before that I'd only seen hints of it in the trailer.

TheAlpha
12-20-2013, 08:02 AM
I've never seen the workprint...but I have both DC and TC....though I have watched the DC way more than the TC...to the point I have each line memorized. I'd say the DC. thought the TC is a nice change from time to time.

EvilOnTwoLegs
12-21-2013, 02:17 AM
See I don't know why but i just felt the theatrical cut ran smoother, I thought it was tighter.

Sadly, I don't think there is a "smoother" cut of the film. haha When I saw the Workprint, my first thought was, "I sure hope they fix the pacing." They never did.

I side with the Theatrical Cut largely because it doesn't claim that Michael Myers walked 150 miles in one night. But it's certainly not a well-paced version of the film by any means. Such a thing does not exist for this film.

tazz13
12-21-2013, 05:08 PM
theatrical...the rape escape is just too dumb