PDA

View Full Version : halloween 2 disc dvd extended?!

dunefan
10-13-2004, 09:45 AM
I've bought yesterday the halloween limited editon 2 disc with the tv version but I was wonder if the tv version has the same good quialty like the normal version?! because on the back of the dvd is written that it's fully restored THX and new dd 5.1 sound!!

is this also for the extended tv version ?!

thanks

Franchise
10-13-2004, 09:46 AM
Sure is. You got a good DVD set there. Congrats.

cptn howdy
10-13-2004, 09:49 AM
Heydunefan, what else is on this limited editon set?! Is there any behind the set things

dunefan
10-13-2004, 09:49 AM
thanks for quit respons, i know i have the best dvd that exist from halloween:-);-)

dunefan
10-13-2004, 09:56 AM
no and yes! there are behind-the-scenes still galery but no live actions...

MyersFan927
10-13-2004, 04:14 PM
It's the same as the one-disc DVD but with the extended edition. You can get the THX one-disc and the Extended Edition and it's the same exact thing as the limited edition. But still, I want the 2-disc limited badly and I think congradulations are in order!

H-Field Hero
10-13-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by dunefan
but I was wonder if the tv version has the same good quialty like the normal version?! because on the back of the dvd is written that it's fully restored THX and new dd 5.1 sound!!

is this also for the extended tv version ?!

thanks Not exactly. The normal version of the film (disc 1) is THX certified for optimum picture and sound. The extended version (disc 2) is not, although it still has very good picture quality, but with a little softness on the extra scenes.

In the sound department the discs are different as well. The theatrical cut (disc 1) has the dolby digital 5.1 mix, however the extended version has only a 2.0 mono track.

Loomis 91
01-06-2005, 01:42 PM
That sounds awesome!

MyersFan927
01-06-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Loomis 91
That sounds awesome!

Wow, way to dig up and old thread and say absolutely nothing!

Laow-Z
01-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
Wow, way to dig up and old thread and say absolutely nothing!
hahahaha...somebody had to say it right?

Loomis 91
01-12-2005, 01:40 PM
Give me a break! I'm a newbie.

winson
01-13-2005, 10:38 PM
hey all, sorry to re-ressurect this old thread,
but since im a newb i guess i cant create a new one.

anyhow i ordered a used copy of this limited edition from
secondspin.com, just got it today and its numbered 31422??
i thought only 30000 were made?

everything appears legit...only descrepancy is
the website address in the small print on the back
is "halloweenmovie.com" instead of "halloweenmovieS"

what gives? :confused:

Myers63
01-14-2005, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by winson
hey all, sorry to re-ressurect this old thread,
but since im a newb i guess i cant create a new one.

anyhow i ordered a used copy of this limited edition from
secondspin.com, just got it today and its numbered 31422??
i thought only 30000 were made?

everything appears legit...only descrepancy is
the website address in the small print on the back
is "halloweenmovie.com" instead of "halloweenmovieS"

what gives? :confused:

Winson,

"Halloweenmovie" .com was THE official site at the time of the Limited Edition DVD. The site was run by Mickey Yablans, who's Irwin Yablan's son. The site only lasted about a year....and with constant promises of updating but it never came to be. All of a sudden, the site was closed with no word as to why and then "Halloweenmovies" .com became the officially endorsed site of Trancas International.

winson
01-14-2005, 01:09 AM
hmm.... so this thing is the real deal i suppose,
im also guessing they made more than 30,000 copies...

anyone know exactly how many of these they supposedly pressed up
or is there anyone on this board that has one numbered after 30,000?

Cruel Intentions
01-14-2005, 02:46 PM
How can I get ahold of a copy?

Mojo
01-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by winson
hmm.... so this thing is the real deal i suppose,
im also guessing they made more than 30,000 copies...

anyone know exactly how many of these they supposedly pressed up
or is there anyone on this board that has one numbered after 30,000?

What usually happens with this kind of thing is that only 30,000 (or whatever number) are actually made and sold, but a good number mess up in the assembly process so rather than going back and finding which numbers they missed (talk about a hassle!) they just make more, numbered after 30,000. The same thing happened with the production of Weezer's album The Lion and The Witch (not that you care about Weezer, just that that's how I know this).

winson
01-14-2005, 06:47 PM
alright, i see. thanks mojo. i emailed anchor bay about it also,
i wanna have some sort of official answer incase i ever feel
like selling it and the person thinks it a bootleg :cool:

Originally posted by breakfastclub85
How can I get ahold of a copy?

best place is amazon.com

H-Field Hero
01-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Thanks for pointing that out, Brian. I never knew that :). And Winson, since your's is numbered above 30,000, I feel thats all the more reason to keep it :).

DarknessBDJM
05-14-2005, 02:46 PM
There's a video glitch on the T.V. version near the beginning, and it's missing the title card before Loomis goes before the psychiatric board, but other than they it's perfect.

Does anyoen know if any later runs of the T.V. edition alone fixed those 2 errors, or if the 4 disk "Perfect Collection" fixed them? Those errors really bugged me.

Lauriefan
05-31-2005, 08:24 AM
I've got the Halloween Extented Edition(1 disk) & the H25 dvd.I've got the Universal Halloween 2 edition with the cool case.I've got the Universal Halloween 3 edition.I've got the 2nd edition for the 4th movie with the trailer,& documentary.The 5th has documentary,intro,& trailer.The 6th one has no special features on it but my P. Cut does.The H2O has music video & documentary.The Resurrection is the only one that's ever been available.

Nightmareman88
06-01-2005, 03:45 AM
wow I didnīt know it was that hard to come by but after all its called "extended" I also have the 2 discs extended edition I was lucky enough to find it at a normal store

MrTaft
06-01-2005, 02:53 PM
None of the "TV" versions on any of these discs are the true TV cut seen originally in 1981. They are merely the original film with the extra scenes spliced into them, without the gore/language/sex removed and no extra title card, etc. Anchor Bay could have done a better job and actually got the REAL TV version.

Mojo
06-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by MrTaft
None of the "TV" versions on any of these discs are the true TV cut seen originally in 1981. They are merely the original film with the extra scenes spliced into them, without the gore/language/sex removed and no extra title card, etc. Anchor Bay could have done a better job and actually got the REAL TV version.

Frankly I wouldn't want to watch the real TV version. The extra scenes presented in widescreen are a lot more interesting than some bastardized cut created for television that does not represent the original vision in the least. But that's just my opinion (I am not a fan of television or airline cuts).

H-Field Hero
06-01-2005, 05:32 PM
The real Halloween tv version isn't that good a watch anyways. Aside from everything even remotely resembling violence being cut out, there are some weird edits in it too (like the H2 tv cut).

I'll watch the tv cut if it's on for the nostalgic factor, but other than that, I prefer my halloween in it's theatrical cut.

MyersFan927
06-01-2005, 06:19 PM
I actually like the pure television cut. Nothing beats the theatrical, and every true Halloween fan must have the extended, but somewhere in the middle lies a really good version of the movie, or at least in my opinion. The edits aren't even much of a big deal to me. Anchor Bay should definitely release the true television cut..in fact, it should be their next Halloween venture after they've squared away special editions of (hopefully) 2-3 and 4-5.

MrTaft
06-02-2005, 04:30 AM
Who cares if you don't think it's a good version or not, it's still not the TRUE TV version as advertised! :p

Mojo
06-02-2005, 07:07 AM
Who cares if you don't think it's a good version or not, it's still not the TRUE TV version as advertised! :p

Heh. I thought it was advertised as an 'extended edition' though, with the television scenes inserted?

H-Field Hero
06-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Who cares if you don't think it's a good version or not, it's still not the TRUE TV version as advertised! :p I've corrected many people on other boards for having that misconception.... confusing the extended and tv cuts.

DarknessBDJM
06-03-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Mojo
Frankly I wouldn't want to watch the real TV version. The extra scenes presented in widescreen are a lot more interesting than some bastardized cut created for television that does not represent the original vision in the least.

I agree, except, the 2 bloopers ruined the dvd for me (no title card, and video screw up when Michael is killing Judith).