PDA

View Full Version : Nurse at Smith's Grove Scene

MyersFan28
01-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Both versions of the scene are slightly different.But both end the same way What I don't understand is: why did she turn her back? She works at the Asylum and is sitting across from Michael. Surely she must've known he was there for a reason.

Also why did Rob Zombie cut out She couldn't be related to you. That would make more sense on,why Michael would kill her.Saying that to Michael can,come off so many different ways. And we know Michael loves his sister Laurie in Zombie's Halloween.

The Dark Knight
01-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Also why did Rob Zombie cut out She couldn't be related to you. That would make more sense on,why Michael would kill her.Saying that to Michael can,come off so many different ways. And we know Michael loves his sister Laurie in Zombie's Halloween.

Rob decided it was better for him not to have any reason to kill her.

punkrocklove
01-22-2008, 01:31 PM
^Yeah, it's why he added certain deaths too..

I think she just thought he was harmless.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
01-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Both versions of the scene are slightly different.But both end the same way What I don't understand is: why did she turn her back? She works at the Asylum and is sitting across from Michael. Surely she must've known he was there for a reason.

Yeah. That did strike me as odd/kinda dopey how the nurse turns away from the table to read the newspaper. Looked very much like she was getting in position on purpose. She should've handed him a knife before that.

I did like how they edited out her smartass remark. Although either way it doesn't matter much to me.

MyersFan28
01-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Yeah. That did strike me as odd/kinda dopey how the nurse turns away from the table to read the newspaper. Looked very much like she was getting in position on purpose. She should've handed him a knife before that.

I did like how they edited out her smartass remark. Although either way it doesn't matter much to me.

I think the fork was a nice touch something different from a butcher's knife.Though i'll never look at a fork,the same way again.

Pasabi
01-22-2008, 10:29 PM
I've brought up this before in other threads after I first saw this. Along with who gives metal utentils (dunno if spelt right) to physcotic individiuals?

I think another reason why Rob took out that phrase is because it made the nurse look like a mean bitch.

mmyers78
01-23-2008, 11:23 AM
I think he took it out because it would make Michael look scarier if he killed the nurse for no apparent reason.

Danny Strode
01-23-2008, 12:38 PM
I've brought up this before in other threads after I first saw this. Along with who gives metal utentils (dunno if spelt right) to physcotic individiuals?

That's what I thought when I first saw it.

HEcamehome
01-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that the nurse was not teasing Michael in a way to hurt his feelings, but teasing him in a way that she was just playing with him? Or am I not making any sense at all? Its just that smile she gives him after she says "Couldn't be related to you" doesn't seem like a smirk that would mean she was TRYING to piss him off, but just kidding around with a (seemingly) innocent ten year old boy?

Danny Strode
01-23-2008, 06:14 PM
In my opinion, after being hospitalized a couple times myself, nurses are just plain bitches. I think she came across as a sarcastic, I'm-better-than-you-because-I-don't-kill person - but in an unintentional way, if that makes any sense. The way she said it and the way she gave a kind of smirk, I think, was just enough motivation for Michael to kill her. I mean, after watching the movie, every person he kills does something or says something that makes him kill them.

PG Soul
01-25-2008, 12:13 PM
That's why they made plastic forks, Morgan Walker!:nodsmile:

renee30152
01-25-2008, 03:33 PM

I am glad they left that out.
She didn't seem like a very good nurse and if she turned her back on a known killer, she got what she had coming. :D

Rob decided it was better for him not to have any reason to kill her.

That is much better. :D

acorvinus
01-26-2008, 11:21 AM
I wonder if she thought that this little boys bark was worse that his bite

NYCKing87
01-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Im just glad he killed her. Period, lol.:bastard:

MichaelFox
04-19-2009, 10:22 PM
I have to agree, the nurse was abit stupid for turning her back, reading her new edition of Vogue magazine knowing that Micheal was across the table. She should know that this boy was obviously a psychopath and anything can happen within a split second. Now? She's DEAD! Haha

Lord Thurisaz
04-22-2009, 02:35 AM
She turned her back because she thought she was safe, and that Michael wasn't that dangerous. Perhaps she thought she could defend herself against him, or something. In the end, we all know she ended up dead.

And I think RZ took out the line about her being related to him because he didn't need much reason to kill her. I like it better without the line, because he has little reason for killing her, however the extra line shows how much of a complete bitch she is.

Danny Strode
04-22-2009, 06:51 AM
What in the hell he was doing with a sharp metal utensil in the first place is beyond me.

Diamond Wings
04-22-2009, 08:44 AM
She just plain seemed like an ignorant bitch to me.

mlf200811
04-25-2009, 12:56 PM

i saw that cut, and i think she deserved it

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-25-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm glad the line was cut. The scene is more effective if the nurse doesn't seem like she "deserves it." It really underscores Michael Myers (even young Michael) as a threat to anyone...not just to people who are "mean" or "bully" him.

Michael Voorhees
04-26-2009, 08:34 PM
I thought she got what was coming to her. She said that the baby was cute and he couldn't be related to her, which is the biggest insult of all, so she got what she deserved.

Citan
07-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Im just glad he killed her. Period, lol.:bastard:

I'm so glad she was killed...She just...didn't look right.

Rich
07-10-2009, 09:03 AM

She figured, he did what he did, but he's still only a kid, so she can handle herself. It is a simple case of under estimation.

They cut that line out of the film probably because it was a harsh and cruel statement toward a child coming from an adult who was a nurse which is somewhat of an authority figure.

Horror Kitten
07-10-2009, 11:26 AM
I'm really not sure why she would turn her back. Plain stupidity. You think that would one of the top 5 rules working at a mental institution - Don't turn your back on crazy ass people. It's one of those things where you get too comfortable with your job and start being careless. You hear about it all the time, someone does something stupid at their job, something they usually "know better than to do" and something bad happens.

What in the hell he was doing with a sharp metal utensil in the first place is beyond me.
Yea, I don't think that happens alot outside movie world. Any type of prisoner/mental patient don't typically get real silverware, because...well, obviously people would be stabbed with it.

Danny Strode
07-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Yea, I don't think that happens alot outside movie world. Any type of prisoner/mental patient don't typically get real silverware, because...well, obviously people would be stabbed with it.

I've been on both sides of that spectrum, and no, no one gets metal anything in a hospital or sanitarium. Plastic is it. Even that can be deadly. ;)

Roswell
07-10-2009, 12:00 PM
I always thought that the reasons Michael was allowed to have metal silverware was because either

A: It's the late 70's/early 80's, and as far as I know, the "no metal silverware" rule wasn't widely enforced until a little later on.

B: Michael hadn't really done anything while at the sanitarium, so maybe they didn't see him as the threat that he became in that scene...and later on, of course.

lopli
07-11-2009, 09:20 PM
I always thought that the reasons Michael was allowed to have metal silverware was because either

A: It's the late 70's/early 80's, and as far as I know, the "no metal silverware" rule wasn't widely enforced until a little later on.

B: Michael hadn't really done anything while at the sanitarium, so maybe they didn't see him as the threat that he became in that scene...and later on, of course.
Very well put.

Masked Madman
07-11-2009, 10:08 PM
I never interpreted the nurses line "couldn't be related to you" as a bitchy line, idon't know it just seemed like she was kidding and didn't mean to intentionally hurt him.