PDA

View Full Version : How to Modify the 'Blue Lips' Mask?

Kane1
10-12-2004, 04:26 PM
Does anyone have idead on how to improve my "blue lips" myers mask. I already cut out the eye screens and attached some velcro to the back of the mask to make the neck a little bit smaller.

Kane1
10-12-2004, 04:27 PM
i just noticed the mask thread sould have posted it in there

MichaelMyers
10-12-2004, 04:27 PM
Paint the lips white.

xz1b1t18
10-15-2004, 12:17 PM
ive always ( and always will ) like the original myers mask, i think it is the best and will be for all the films, i understand he has to take new masks sometimes but i really liked the original best!!

H-Field Hero
10-15-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by xz1b1t18
ive always ( and always will ) like the original myers mask, i think it is the best and will be for all the films, i understand he has to take new masks sometimes but i really liked the original best!! I appriciate the relevance that has to this thread lol.

I witnessed in person, for the first time last week the blue lips mask. The first thing I thought was "wtf is this shit". You would have to be very crafty to modify one of these into a respectable looking Myers mask.

horrorqueen7
10-15-2004, 12:33 PM
ive always ( and always will ) like the original myers mask, i think it is the best and will be for all the films, i understand he has to take new masks sometimes but i really liked the original best!!

Agreed!! The original was the best! It def scared the shit out of me when I was little. I remember I was very young when I say Halloween for the first time When part 4 and 5 came out I was like - What the hell???? I do like Halloween 4 but the mask was def not the same as the original.
Original is best. :)

xz1b1t18
10-15-2004, 12:41 PM
i rememeber when i first saw it when i was like 5 and halloween scared the crap out of me too! but after i lasted the whole film i would watch it again a couple of days later!! I remember closing the curtains to watch it and always checking behind the sofa when there was a michael scene on the tele!! lol CLASSIC

MyersFan927
10-15-2004, 12:43 PM
Someone supply a picture of the blue lips mask and I'll make some suggestions as to what I would do if I were to convert the mask. As itself the blue lips mask is horrible.

totempoll
10-15-2004, 03:52 PM
so many mask threads, arent there like 3 or 4 now?

totempoll
10-15-2004, 03:57 PM
ive always ( and always will ) like the original myers mask, i think it is the best and will be for all the films, i understand he has to take new masks sometimes but i really liked the original best!! yes the original is the best

Kane1
10-16-2004, 10:36 AM
this pic is not mine, my picture software doesnt work at the time but i will get the stuff fix so i can post my mask this is the same mask i have

Superman
10-16-2004, 10:38 AM
This is the only Myers mask I have. :(

Todd
10-16-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Superman
This is the only Myers mask I have. :(
I have that one too. I don't think it's that bad. My dog ripped most of the hair off of it, though. I need to go to a hobby shop and find some brown doll hair to fix it.
I have two others. The official one from 2002 and the unofficial version called "the mask".

Refuse
10-16-2004, 01:51 PM
I have the official hallloween one. Im not sure from which film though maybe the first, I got it off ebay ages ago. I love it!

Cruel Intentions
10-16-2004, 01:54 PM
i rememeber when i first saw it when i was like 5 and halloween scared the crap out of me too! but after i lasted the whole film i would watch it again a couple of days later!! I remember closing the curtains to watch it and always checking behind the sofa when there was a michael scene on the tele!! lol CLASSIC

Always a thing a young kid watching a horror movie does

Kane1
10-16-2004, 03:40 PM
to the:thetodd, the hair on my mask is also coming out, by the way at school every year we a thing called the "Haunted Theater" its all of the Stagecraft students dressing up to a theme for Halloween(the holiday). This year the theme is an insane asylum this will be the 3rd year i play Michael Myers in the Haunted Theater. last year the theme was vampires even though Myers has nothing to do with vampires. I just stood outside the auditorium and "slit" my friends throat with a plastic knife. 2 years ago the theme was zombies and I was in a room and i was laying down on the floor with the Halloween theme music playing and whenever the crowd walked by i sat up like myers and stalked them out of the room. Maybe i should try to post the video of myself "killing" my friend in full Myers attire.

MyersFan927
10-16-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Kane1
to the:thetodd, the hair on my mask is also coming out, by the way at school every year we a thing called the "Haunted Theater" its all of the Stagecraft students dressing up to a theme for Halloween(the holiday). This year the theme is an insane asylum this will be the 3rd year i play Michael Myers in the Haunted Theater. last year the theme was vampires even though Myers has nothing to do with vampires. I just stood outside the auditorium and "slit" my friends throat with a plastic knife. 2 years ago the theme was zombies and I was in a room and i was laying down on the floor with the Halloween theme music playing and whenever the crowd walked by i sat up like myers and stalked them out of the room. Maybe i should try to post the video of myself "killing" my friend in full Myers attire.

Sounds like a lot of fun!

This mask is too hard to modify into something better, although a lot of patience might make it work. Not a very good mask.

http://www.ohmb.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=36858

Chomp_on_this
10-19-2004, 05:00 PM
I owned the bluelips mask for the longest time, until about two years ago. I wore it for Halloween when I was in 6th grade. First off, puting it on was like sticking your head up a bull's ass...the thing is huge! The hair was so cheap that it falls out when ever you even touch it. And lastly, the smell of latex, is so evident its nauseating. After handling the mask for 2 seconds, your entire body would reak of cheap latex...now iamgine what you smell like after running around for candy for three hours. HA!

For the last two years, I owned it, I would dress up a dummy and put the mask on it and put it on the porch. I wish I woulda took a picture, it looked pretty cool. But then the next year I put it out, it was stolen. I thought to myself.... atleast thats gone... but they'll have a hell of a time trying to get that smell off of them. HAHA!

theoutfieldguy
10-19-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by H-field Hero
I witnessed in person, for the first time last week the blue lips mask. The first thing I thought was "wtf is this shit".

Haha.For real.
I didnt think it was possible,but the quality has gone down since the once that I bought in 1998.One reason,perhaps...Made In Fucking Taiwan?:D

Neo
10-20-2004, 02:33 AM
I love the blue lips mask, just for the fact it looks ridiculous.
Heres a tip...................stick it in the trash ;)
Dont waste your time modufying it just buy a Don Post or cinema secrets. Or if your filthy rich go to Silver Shampain Novelties and get one of theirs Silver Shampain Masks (http://www.silvershampainnovelties.com/MASKS.htm)

Jackolantern99
10-20-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by theoutfieldguy
Haha.For real.
I didnt think it was possible,but the quality has gone down since the once that I bought in 1998.One reason,perhaps...Made In Fucking Taiwan?:D

Just FYI, the pictures of Blue Lips posted here appear to be computer-enhanced...actually, it looks like someone colored over them in Microsoft Paint...but the actual masks have upheld that same hideous look since 1998.

Thrillogy
10-20-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by MichaelMyers
Paint the lips white.

i wouldnt prefer "painting" now spray paint it is the way to go ;)