PDA

View Full Version : The Rob Zombie Cast

BONES
12-25-2007, 01:29 AM
Do you think Zombie could have done better in casting insted of the DR cast I mean it was the same people just diferent rolls......Or was it just me?:question:

L-TownHalloween
12-25-2007, 06:20 AM
Yea..I was kind of mad when I heard that..but after seeing it wasn't that bad with the people from DR.

Ravenheart
12-25-2007, 06:49 AM
I had no problem with it.I mean how many times did Carpenter have the same actors in his movies.Didn't bother me when Carpenter did it.Didn't bother me when Zombie did it.

Khan
12-25-2007, 07:00 AM
Yeah, happens all the time.

However Haig as the caretaker served no purpose and Sheri sucked.

bangtango
12-25-2007, 07:27 AM
Ken Foree was awesome as usual but you could have easily had an unknown playing that truck driver.

I still can't understand why Zombie denied cameos to any and all Halloween series alumni (besides Ms. Harris), saying people wouldn't take the movie seriously, but saw fit to cast his own friends and family.

I don't mind the people he cast but at the same time saying Halloween alumni would mess up his movie is just a little much.

Other remakes bring back original cast members, often in different roles, and it doesn't prove to be the end of the world for those films.

If it were me, I'd have found a way to work in at least one or two of any of the following people:

P.J. Soles, Nancy Loomis, Charles Cyphers, Nancy Stephens, Brian Andrews or even Beau Starr & Ellie Cornell. Although he was from the sequels, Beau is very recognizable and most series fans will be able to spot him easily. Same with Ellie.

Danny Strode
12-25-2007, 08:13 AM
I didn't mind it either. I think the guest appearences by other actors/actresses from previous Halloween films would've been great.

Roswell
12-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Never bothered me. Most of the roles were small ones, so it didn't upset anything.

BONES
12-25-2007, 08:37 AM
Do not get me wrong I dont get very upset at the fact they use the same people over but some of them do it a bit tomuch and it sometimes seems to be almost the same movie after a while....I liked the RZ Halloween but it had a big DR feel to me maybe to much

Severed
12-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Ken Foree was awesome as usual but you could have easily had an unknown playing that truck driver.

I still can't understand why Zombie denied cameos to any and all Halloween series alumni (besides Ms. Harris), saying people wouldn't take the movie seriously, but saw fit to cast his own friends and family.

I don't mind the people he cast but at the same time saying Halloween alumni would mess up his movie is just a little much.

Other remakes bring back original cast members, often in different roles, and it doesn't prove to be the end of the world for those films.

If it were me, I'd have found a way to work in at least one or two of any of the following people:

P.J. Soles, Nancy Loomis, Charles Cyphers, Nancy Stephens, Brian Andrews or even Beau Starr & Ellie Cornell. Although he was from the sequels, Beau is very recognizable and most series fans will be able to spot him easily. Same with Ellie.

Here is the thing: Zombie was not going to win at all with this remake. Another person on this board has already criticized him for casting Danielle; can you imagine if he put other previous Halloween stars in it? When you do a movie like this (a remake of a much beloved classic) you are going to get slaughtered no matter what you do. If Zombie did not put any homage’s to the original, people would complain about that. Because he did include them, people complain about that. There is no way to win when you take on a project like this. It doesn't surprise me that he used allot of the cast of TDR, because these are actors he felt he could trust.

Jameslofton
12-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Nothing wrong with the cast. The writing was atrocious, not the cast.

renee30152
12-25-2007, 01:14 PM
It didn't bother me that much. Wish they could have cast someone different for Laurie and maybe Dr. Loomis. :D But the DR cast was very good and fit right in this movie. :D

WhiteZombie
12-25-2007, 02:36 PM
I think the cast was good. And Haig was a wicked caretaker.

qwerty90221
12-25-2007, 02:40 PM
It didn't bother me that much. Wish they could have cast someone different for Laurie and maybe Dr. Loomis. :D But the DR cast was very good and fit right in this movie. :D

I thought Scout Taylor Compton was good as Laurie. Her acting was great and believable.

WhiteZombie
12-25-2007, 02:42 PM
I thought Scout Taylor Compton was good as Laurie. Her acting was great and believable.

Yeah she was real good. especially for 17.

qwerty90221
12-25-2007, 02:44 PM
It might just be my opinion but Scout Taylor Compton competes with Jamie Lee Curtis. But JLC is better.

ILoveHalloween3
12-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Umm, I had some issues with the cast.

One, for the most part it was solid. The cameos didn't really take away from the film, except for Sid Haig. He was probably the only casting issue I had. Sid Haig basically just played Captain Spaulding as the Caretaker. I think the big shocker was how GOOD Sheri was. She doesn't have much of a resume, and I was expecting a rehash of Baby, and instead got a deep, multi-layered, very dramatic loving mother of Myers. Was it award-winning? No. But she did a pretty good job, and wowed me. She has range.

The white trash family was believeable, and Daeg was a great choice for young Michael.

The second half began issues. One with Haig, as I already mentioned. The other with Brad Dourif. Now I love Dourif in just about everything, and he was a core to "Deadwood" as far as i'm concerned, but because of his limited screen time, I just don't think he was the right choice. He felt underdeveloped, and for an actor like that, I was left wishing to see more of him. I think they should've went with a lesser known, or someone else, who could just be there, deliver the lines, and you never really think much about. Had we gotten the JC-version of Brackett, it would've made a huge difference having Dourif in the role.

Scout was another ace casting move. Totally believeable as a new Laurie, as was Malcolm for Loomis, which I have some issues with. I think the Loomis character should've been retooled a bit, maybe even possibly a 'young Loomis'. I just feel that Donald Pleasence IS Sam Loomis, and I just didn't ever get fully comfortable with Malcolm as Loomis, even though for the most part I liked him, and would love to see him reprise Loomis in future films.

Kristina never got developed, so I can't really comment. She was there, made a few slutty comments, and was offed (excuse the expression).

I think Danielle, although it was great to see her again, and she was good in the stuff she was in, I think her being in the film stretched Annie's credibility about as thin as possible. Maybe because i've seen her in various stuff from a child to adult, it's a problem, maybe people who didn't know her didn't think anything of it, but when I watched her, she looked like a late-20 something playing a 17-year old. But depending on the story direction and the fact she lived, I would totally welcome her return in a future sequel.

*CHA*MAM*
12-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Daeg was a great choice for young Michael.
YYYYYYYEEAAAAAHHHH, BOOYEEEE!!!!!!!

Scout was another ace casting move. Totally believeable as a new Laurie
Yeah, I thought she was great, too. I don't understand some of the bashing of her on here. Honest to God, though, the girl looks and acts just like me. LOL She IS me! LOL
I have to agree with what someone said on the first page (sorry, horrible at remembering who said what): Too many original actors would have been a BAD idea. I know of a lot of fans who loved the movie, but also a good number who hated it, and that idea could have caused a riot! I thought Danielle was okay after seeing the original but could you imagine if one of the Michael actors had showed up?!

ILoveHalloween3
12-25-2007, 06:32 PM
YYYYYYYEEAAAAAHHHH, BOOYEEEE!!!!!!!

Yeah, I thought she was great, too. I don't understand some of the bashing of her on here. Honest to God, though, the girl looks and acts just like me. LOL She IS me! LOL
I have to agree with what someone said on the first page (sorry, horrible at remembering who said what): Too many original actors would have been a BAD idea. I know of a lot of fans who loved the movie, but also a good number who hated it, and that idea could have caused a riot! I thought Danielle was okay after seeing the original but could you imagine if one of the Michael actors had showed up?!

Yeah, I think Zombie throwing work to some of the classic horror actors, is a great thing. :bow:

I think it's a compliment to how good Scout was, when I immediately fell completely into believing she was a new Laurie. I totally forgot about JLC, that's how good she was.

Unlike Malcolm, who was great, I couldn't help but compare him to Donald Pleasence the entire film.

Laurie2007
12-25-2007, 06:39 PM
i like how zombie casted the girls....i really did but what i dont get is how these nasty looking guys (cept paul) get these hot girls

Frazetta
12-25-2007, 07:11 PM
I really liked the casting & think it was one of the big strong points for the movie. So what if he casts the same ppl in his movies??? So does Scorcese & Woody Allen & I don't hear people complaining there. And anyone that wants to knock Sherri's performance in this movie is either full of shit or just looking for something to whine about.

Eric616
12-25-2007, 07:18 PM
And anyone that wants to knock Sherri's performance in this movie is either full of shit or just looking for something to whine about. I'd go with the latter.
I really liked the casting of Daeg Faerch, He did an excellent job as Young Michael.

BONES
12-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Sherri did do a good job playing the mom but I think Zombie only casts her becouse he's bangin her and she's hot every thing she's in show's her ass not that I mind but come on get real and another thing what was the point of the OTTIS halloween costume for Tommy

WhiteZombie
12-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Sherri did do a good job playing the mom but I think Zombie only casts her becouse he's bangin her and she's hot every thing she's in show's her ass not that I mind but come on get real and another thing what was the point of the OTTIS halloween costume for Tommy

What do you mean "the point?". It was just a cool reference. It wasint smashing your face THIS IS OTIS COOL HUH! CAUSE I MADE OTIS!. Its pretty subtle actually.

Khan
12-25-2007, 09:29 PM
And anyone that wants to knock Sherri's performance in this movie is either full of shit or just looking for something to whine about.

I just don't like Sheri.

It is just my opinion.

Do you expect everyone to love her no matter what?

What do you mean "the point?". It was just a cool reference. It wasint smashing your face THIS IS OTIS COOL HUH! CAUSE I MADE OTIS!. Its pretty subtle actually.

It was a blatant reference to Otis.

Pasabi
12-25-2007, 10:20 PM
My favorite casting was Big Joe Grizzly, Scout as the new laurie (didn't think she was going to be that great until I saw her. She fit the updated verison perfectly), Dainelle Harris returning in a lead role (thanks Rob), and the fact he went with non model faces for Bob (was rather bored by this Bob though could be writting also) for example when most directors would. Michael's step dad and the attendent at the mental hospital who becomes Michaels friend were great for the characters as well.

Who I didn't like?

The nurse. Hated her character and killing. (who allows metal untensils in a mental instution?) and only to die from it. The majority of the women except Scout and Dainelle. I just didn't care for them, and were rather annoyed. Especially Linda. And Judith I didn't especially like either.

As far as Sharon Moon. I felt her beginning scenes in the film could have used more takes. But I felt she really grew esepcially after all the death scenes as well as the visits to the hospital to visit her son. I dislike her character for not going nude as a stripper. I don't know if she didn't want to pose nude, Zombie didn't want her Ta Ta's shown, or it was just never planned but I think it's stupid to have stripper characters if they don't get nude in the film. Why make them a stipper? There's plent of other occupations she could have had if she wasn't going to go topless.

Delia
12-26-2007, 09:28 AM
I did not mind the cast. I thought Sheri did a good job as well as Danny Trejo. I think this is the first movie I have seen with him where he is not a bad ass. The other roles were small.

Pasabi
12-26-2007, 10:25 PM
If Danny was the prison inmate in which he was the caring one to Michael. He had a softie ex con role in Desperate Housewives where he played Carlos's friend who was doing something for Eva Longoria. She thought he was going to kill her or rape her. But it turned out he was a swell guy.

BONES
12-27-2007, 01:37 AM
Danny is cool!!

Spookshow
12-27-2007, 02:22 AM
As far as Sharon Moon. I felt her beginning scenes in the film could have used more takes. But I felt she really grew esepcially after all the death scenes as well as the visits to the hospital to visit her son. I dislike her character for not going nude as a stripper. I don't know if she didn't want to pose nude, Zombie didn't want her Ta Ta's shown, or it was just never planned but I think it's stupid to have stripper characters if they don't get nude in the film. Why make them a stipper? There's plent of other occupations she could have had if she wasn't going to go topless.

lol Sharon Moon. j/k

Sheri did some nudity in House of 1000 Corpses. I'm not sure if her and Rob were married then or not though. He might not want his wife showing the goods.

I feel that if she did go nude during the stripper scene is just would have been excess nudity. I think the scene is good as it is.

Severed
12-27-2007, 03:10 AM
lol Sharon Moon. j/k

Sheri did some nudity in House of 1000 Corpses. I'm not sure if her and Rob were married then or not though. He might not want his wife showing the goods.

I feel that if she did go nude during the stripper scene is just would have been excess nudity. I think the scene is good as it is.

Personally, I was glad she didn't go nude in the Red Rabbit scenes. I don't think her body has aged well.