PDA

View Full Version : What if Adult Michael would've spoke? How would you have felt?

DoomsdayFAN
12-16-2007, 03:19 PM
In the scene where Laurie is trapped in the basement and find's Linda's lifeless body, then Michael comes in and plops down to his knees and takes off his mask... How would you have reacted if he would've spoke?

Michael: "Boo. Boo! Please..." (Extends his hand begging for acceptance)

If something like that would've happened, how would you have felt?

Personally, I would have sh*t myself and been pissed! But otherwise, it was perfect the way it was IMO. :nodsmile:

Patrick1679
12-16-2007, 03:21 PM
I would have threw my soda and popcorn at the screen and walked out.

Khan
12-16-2007, 03:26 PM
http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?p=640788#post640788

DoomsdayFAN
12-16-2007, 03:34 PM
As I was watching that scene play out, I was litterally gripping my seat saying to myself: "Dont talk! Do Not Talk!!! If you fuckin talk, I swear to god..." and then after he ended up not talking: "Oh thank god! Oh boy, that was a close one"

Khan
12-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Rob wanted him to talk, but I am sure you will defend him on that.

DoomsdayFAN
12-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Rob wanted him to talk, but I am sure you will defend him on that.

Hearing about that, and the whole Masterbation thing... I was furious! I sent numerous emails to Rob Zombie on his myspace telling him to "Kill Himself". He replyed to a few of them telling me that I should just "Wait and See" and that "Its just rumors." and then eventually he told me: "Knock this shit off dude!"

:roflmao:

I guess telling him to kill himself over and over got to him.

But in the end, it turn out fine.

Khan
12-16-2007, 03:40 PM
It wasn't rumors.

It was all in the widely circulated early draft.

DoomsdayFAN
12-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Well, my opinion is: Everything that he has done for the remake works perfectly as is. The cussing and extra sex doesnt really bother me. I dont think anything of it. I dont let it effect my enjoyment. Im not a nitpicking bitch in regards to that stuff. Theres one minor thing I would've done different. But otherwise, it's one of the better Michael movies IMO. But if he would have made Michael talk... or masterbate. I'd be aginst it 100%!!! But he didnt, so Im for it.

But what kind of (Extra Xtra hateful) reaction would you have had if Michael talked in that scene?

Danny Strode
12-16-2007, 05:00 PM
I myself would've been offended, and probably walked out too. It was bad enough seeing his eyes in some scenes in Halloween's 5 & 6 - and seeing them in H20 and Resurrection.

Kinick
12-17-2007, 06:38 AM
I would have loved to seen it. I don't why everyone would hate it, it's not the same Michael.

It was Zombie's original intentions... it was likely filmed (Scout confirmed this)

It was one of the things he canned due to the uproar.

Mr. Bruce
12-17-2007, 07:45 AM

That pretty much sums up what I would of done too only I don't buy popcorn and soda's at the movie theater I just sneak my own shit in but I def would of thrown whatever I had at the screen and walked out crying. :godno:

Khan
12-17-2007, 08:12 AM
I would have loved to seen it. I don't why everyone would hate it, it's not the same Michael.

It was Zombie's original intentions... it was likely filmed (Scout confirmed this)

It was one of the things he canned due to the uproar.

Scout said a lot of things.

Kinick
12-17-2007, 08:21 AM
Scout said a lot of things.

Yeah, it's possible she remembered reading it in the script and thought she filmed it. Haha

mattc_85
12-17-2007, 08:33 AM
I would have hated it. It just goes against the feeling of Halloween in my opinion.

JOeKER
12-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Im glad it wasn't in the final movie but I would be curious to see it in a delted scene of some such just to witness how it would be.

Khan
12-17-2007, 10:28 AM
It isn't worthy of being filmed.

1978 COLLECTOR
12-17-2007, 11:14 AM
If Michael Talked, I think that because of the sole changing of Michael wanting to bond with Laurie "Boo" Strode instead of killing her, it would be allitle acceptable for me and I would feel sorry for him. But, if it was another seaquel to the original, then I would be angry...

boogeygirl
12-17-2007, 11:19 AM
I wouldn't have minded. But not that kind of dialogue. Just Boo would've been good in my opinion. More dialogue would've lessened the effect of the scene. I don't mind that he doesn't talk, but wouldn't mind the other way either.

MrShape666
12-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Like suffocating Rob with his own hair.

Roswell
12-17-2007, 01:22 PM
As long as it wasn't excessive talking, it would have been fine by me. And I know a lot of people said that "wasn't Michael" when they heard about it, but considering this isn't the same Michael that was in the original series, and considering the film itself, it would have made sense for him to say something at that moment.

In the end, though, I'm content with how the scene turned out. Either way it was a pretty strong scene, talking or no talking.

mmyers78
12-17-2007, 02:21 PM
It wouldn't really have bothered me at all.

DoomsdayFAN
12-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Im glad it wasn't in the final movie but I would be curious to see it in a delted scene of some such just to witness how it would be.

Yeah, in no way, shape, or form would I want to see Michael talk. But.... it would be interesting to see as a deleted scene.

PatientX
12-17-2007, 05:42 PM
I would have hated it - even if he said one or two words. The reason he is so creepy is becuase he never talks. Even one small piece of dialogue would have ruined the image of MM for me.

MrShape666
12-17-2007, 11:32 PM
They filmed something like that? What did he say?

I'm hoping at least is was better then Jason's only line: "Mommy, don't let me drown."

*CHA*MAM*
12-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Not that particular scene because that was perfect as is... Here's what I would have wanted to see: Laurie raises the gun, and starts firing the empty rounds. He wakes up and utters softly "sister", but she doesn't hear and shoots him point blank. Dramatic that way.

MichaelMyers04
12-22-2007, 06:09 PM
It isn't worthy of being filmed.

I agree. I, too, was furious when I first heard about him talking.....If he actually did, then I would probably never watch this movie again. In fact, I probably would also walk out of the theatres. Taking the silence away from Michael would IMO ruin his entire character.

I'm hoping at least is was better then Jason's only line: "Mommy, don't let me drown."

Which FT13 did he say that in? Did adult Jason say this? (sorry for my lack of knowledge of the FT13; I've only seen 5 of them :D)

renee30152
12-23-2007, 01:41 PM

Same here. That would have made that scene SUCK!! It was much better without him talking. :nodsmile:

Reobeem
12-23-2007, 03:04 PM
If they did it right I would be fine. The voice would have to be soft and somewhat hard to understand.

MrShape666
12-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Which FT13 did he say that in? Did adult Jason say this? (sorry for my lack of knowledge of the FT13; I've only seen 5 of them :D)

Its in the one we all love to loathe, Friday The 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan. It's entertaining but fairly lame and ridiculous.

Anyways, at then end, after Jason's mask comes off, when Jason is in the sewers and they flood him away with toxic waste, he cries out in a little boy voice "Mommy! Don't let me drown!" before being swept under, at which point he promptly turns back into an eight year old boy again!(!?!?)

Guess he must've rode that flood all the way back to Crystal Lake 'cause that's where we found him next in Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday.

Thankfully, nothing that ridiculous has ever happened in the Halloween series.

Mikeyroxx
12-23-2007, 04:11 PM
well i think that if he would have talked it would have ruined it because he's not supposed to talk he never has.

zombie commando
12-23-2007, 04:26 PM
Like stabbing Rob with a spork.

Khan
12-23-2007, 04:27 PM
A jagged, rusty spork?

zombie commando
12-23-2007, 05:32 PM
A jagged, rusty spork?..covered with AIDS.

L-TownHalloween
12-24-2007, 06:39 AM
Noo. I don't even like the scene where michael hands laurie the picture and gets on his knees..it was like he was surrendering to her..and I didn't like that about him.

devils-eyes
12-24-2007, 06:56 PM
not too keen on the idea of hearing him talk, for me it was bad enough to see him take of the mask and kneel down, and i believe that in the early draft that was goin about micheal actually DID speak in this scene! (glad they decided against it).
MICHAEL MYERS = NO SPEAKING...... SAVY

exnoctem
12-25-2007, 05:52 PM
I wouldve liked it... it wouldve fit in with the premise Loomis built in the directors cut in which michael "slips into his own world with the mask on" and He wouldve shown a small glimpse of his remaining humanity when he Unmasks. He remembers the one innocent from his former life.... but then when laurie stabs him and he puts the mask on after, It would have sold to the audience that shit was off the hook now! That glimpse of humanity shown was fleeting, and the souless killer was back.

I think it wouldve made the character a little deeper... I can understand why people would be against though, if carpenters michael had talked it wouldve ruined it... zombies was a whole different animal alltogether.

Eric616
12-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Zombie said in the commentary that they DID film it.

Severed
12-26-2007, 04:48 AM
Zombie said in the commentary that they DID film it.

That's correct. Michael said the line "Boo", but it was cut (thank god).

Delia
12-26-2007, 09:13 AM
I am glad he did not talk in that scene. I think it would have been too much. He already took his mask off and showed Laurie the picture.

njdevs03champs
12-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Hearing about that, and the whole Masterbation thing...

Dont tell me Michael was going to pull a Chucky. :bigeyes:

punkrocklove
12-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Michael talking would take away his creepiness.

He speaks through his actions, not his mouth

THEGUY26
12-28-2007, 05:23 PM
I wouldn't have minded if he made grunting sounds (like human Jason did) that sorta sounded like words.

Khan
12-28-2007, 05:33 PM
The last thing Michael needs is to be even more like Jason.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
12-28-2007, 06:29 PM
I was against him jibberjabbering before I saw the movie, but I think it could've worked really well.

That scene doesn't work for me too great as it is.

cloud2795
01-01-2008, 09:15 AM
i think it would have add if Michael would have talked a little a word or two in the film causes in this one the only think Michael really ever cared about was boo so of course he would have tried too say something to her

capngravy
01-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Actually it wouldn't have been so bad. It would show that he still has humanity in him. Plus if people are going to say that that kills Michaels image, remember this wasn't going to be a clone of the original. In this one we got to see Michael as a child, and got to hear him speak just like anyone else. Plus it would be fitting that he would only speak to his little sister. I believe deep down that he still loved her.

Myers Insurance
01-10-2008, 06:39 PM
I think it would've worked well with the scene, and Rob said they shot it, so hopefully it'll end up on some release. It's not the original Michael, and considering how the movie's set up, it would've made sense for Michael to talk.

Khan
01-10-2008, 08:05 PM
The film that scene was shot on should be burned.

Pasabi
01-10-2008, 11:57 PM
I agree that out of all the scenes if Zombie was going for a human Michael that would have fit perfectly when he said Boo. To me it always seems like he goes back to the Michael of Carpetners once he is a adult.

coryorton
01-15-2008, 11:27 AM
The film that scene was shot on should be burned.

Amen.

Rage_Virus
01-18-2008, 06:57 PM
it would have been kinda off.... I mean the whole idea of The Shape is that he doesn't talk!

I mean had he talked... Had he said Boo.... He may as well have said "Hey, you know you're my sister right?.....Oh and I've already killed one sister"

But when he plopped down on his knees, took off the mask.....that was perfect

But then again.....pending on what he said......I dunno

I_Heart_Daeg
01-18-2008, 08:33 PM
But when he plopped down on his knees, took off the mask.....that was perfect

I agree, and I think that just said it all, without having him talk.
I feel like it would be interesting to see him talk, but... I don't know, I just love adult Michael Myers being silent. I mean, that's half of what the guy's known for!

I would like to see the scene where he DID speak (because I can't picture it at all), but I don't know if Rob would ever release, seeing he himself said he felt like it would ruin the image.

HoozKook
01-07-2009, 08:10 AM
Rob zombie originally intended for Michael to speak in that scene but say only one word, "Boo" I would of broken the DVD disc in little pieces, eaten it, Shit it back out and then mail it to RZ and a letter saying "this is what you did to a movie series I love!!"

Danny Strode
01-07-2009, 08:25 AM
I think that would hurt. ;)

MM2DYLAN
01-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Jesus Christ...:bigeyes:I wouldn't really wanna see it, but I don't think I would've been too pissed off if it happened. I'd be shocked, sure. Pissed off to no end? Nah.

Zombie_Myers
01-07-2009, 12:17 PM
I would've been more confused than anything actually. I'd just be thinking "What did I just see?....What happened?"

A week later once I realise what happened I probably would've shrieked "Michael doesn't talk!!!!"